Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Join the Serato DJ 1.9.6 Public Beta

8:00 PM, 30 Jan 2017
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Telony Ex 10:58 PM - 30 January, 2017
With the ddj sp1 now supporting pitch play. Does that means sdj oa now supprts mappings?
dj drewski 11:04 PM - 30 January, 2017
I am having a hard time finding a Download link for 1.9.6.
acemc 12:52 AM - 31 January, 2017
Quote:
I am having a hard time finding a Download link for 1.9.6.

In Bold writing above: "JOIN the Serato 1.9.6 Beta Team"
Serato, Moderator
James_M 12:54 AM - 31 January, 2017
Hi DJ drewski! You'll need to join the public beta via the links in the blog post above. In the beta area, you'll see topics with some important information and the download locations.

Look forward to your feedback!

Cheers,

James
Uncle Donn 1:28 AM - 31 January, 2017
NO Pitch Play for the Reloop NNeon???????????????
billymac2012 2:34 AM - 31 January, 2017
Is it supported by Numark Mixdeck?
DJENE 5:00 AM - 31 January, 2017
Hi, great changes and optimizations, I would like you to have a favorite color system for hot indicators, that is if a favorite color of the chooses (BLUE), that all the hot cues are changed to the chosen color, as well as Will show on the hardware pads and it will look cool, that's my idea, team serato dj greetings are the best

PS: sorry my English, I'm using a translator ...
DEMOND DJ 7:06 AM - 31 January, 2017
Well a new version of 32bits. A new version that cannot support resolution 4k and you must to change the resolution of the screenplay for can see anything. A new version and continue with cant use option of second button in the mouse if i am in he preparing my music. A new version yes but my question is when Serato will fix this other things that costumers ask them. We pay a license, some people like me 299 dollars and i dont see any answeer about this problems.
Med1 7:28 AM - 31 January, 2017
hi , i have reloop neon, can i use pitch play on it ??
Dj Simone Chicago 1:32 PM - 31 January, 2017
Will this update support the new MacBook pro with the touch bar??
Antosha 1:34 PM - 31 January, 2017
Hello, when can we expect, a prewiew player in Serato
DjKho 5:35 PM - 31 January, 2017
hayq tener pitch N' time, para poder usar el pitch play ?
Pufu 7:50 PM - 31 January, 2017
hi,when I can connect my xdj r1 ?
Elton Sevalho 8:17 PM - 31 January, 2017
turntablist master junry 9:55 PM - 31 January, 2017
how about the graphics problem.....since 1.9.2.....there is no avilable new version in my lenovo dual core g460 e.....i only use 1.9.1.. 1.9.2 above it always say theres a problem in my graphics.....plssss solve......thanks.....
kvnkrz 10:20 PM - 31 January, 2017
Can you Please add PLAY COUNT as a tab in the library!!!!
DJ GOMY 11:09 PM - 31 January, 2017
I do not understand why Pioneer DDJ SR does not have pitch play support if the pads system is similar to DDJ SX and SX2, can someone explain it to me, is this Serato or Pioneer fault?
DJSLIM90 11:12 PM - 31 January, 2017
Hi , I was using serato DJ earlier with my mac book pro OS X yosimite 10.10.5 and SL-4 with a 4th external hard drive , 2cdj 2000 nxs2 and dj-m900 nxs2, while I was on set my serato DJ crashed 2 times. Which was very embarrassing, I had upgraded to serato DJ 1.9.5 after, but using the same SL-4 and Mac OS X yosimite 10.10.5, and cdj2000nxs2 and dj m 900 nxs2, is there any solution that u can give for this matter?

Thx
Sether 1:17 PM - 1 February, 2017
Is anyone else have slip mode not working? TIA
Sether 1:36 PM - 1 February, 2017
Also with pitch n play is there anyway to jump to different cue points?
dj drewski 4:44 PM - 1 February, 2017
Quote:
Hi DJ drewski! You'll need to join the public beta via the links in the blog post above. In the beta area, you'll see topics with some important information and the download locations.

Look forward to your feedback!

Cheers,

James

James,
It works wonderfully. I used it all night last night and not one problem. First used it with DVS and the BPM is much more stable. Just wanted to give quick feedback. love the upgrades.
05spoof 2:01 AM - 2 February, 2017
Any chance for upcoming pitch play support for RP-8000?
Dj Hoil 2:44 AM - 2 February, 2017
The recorded flips work with the DVS time code
acemc 8:14 AM - 2 February, 2017
What is the purpose of switching off Hotcues?
howard09 5:44 PM - 2 February, 2017
They need to work on getting better gain to where you can have control of the gain with your controller i know you can have full control of the gain with your controller in Virtual dj so please work in the gain as well thank you
DJ RAY THE ONE 12:50 AM - 3 February, 2017
How about VINYL SCROLL. I haven see that any more since Scratch Live. It be kool to come back with that,
DJ_PRYCE_ROARIN_LION 2:11 AM - 3 February, 2017
When will the Update be available to download......i go to check for updates and im brought to a screen where im told im running the latest version of Serato Dj.......What is the release date?
acemc 2:14 AM - 3 February, 2017
This is just a beta version for us test. Once all the bugs have been fixed then an official update will be released.
DJ MAFIEZEE 11:48 AM - 3 February, 2017
mmm
ceedogg13 5:08 PM - 3 February, 2017
so far its good 1.96 is on point for me , hope it works out for others , I'm loving pitch play
DJ Frank Stallone 12:44 AM - 5 February, 2017
Beat jump turning Smart sync off and not staying synced, making beat jump UNUSABLE
DIABLILLO 9:48 AM - 6 February, 2017
Quote:
With the ddj sp1 now supporting pitch play. Does that means sdj oa now supprts mappings?

only press 2 times the button sampler :)
DIABLILLO 9:51 AM - 6 February, 2017
Please! Add Video Sampler for serato video or add option: Send Video in windows (spout)
djenzo876 8:12 PM - 6 February, 2017
the settings for the sampler banks (pitch, button press) they dont stick even with the release.
djnotorrious 2:30 AM - 7 February, 2017
pitch and play for rane 62?
Serato, Support
Jordan L 3:09 AM - 7 February, 2017
Quote:
pitch and play for rane 62?

Pitch Play will only be supported on certain pieces of hardware that have performance pads. The 62 isn't one of these.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 3:10 AM - 7 February, 2017
Quote:
the settings for the sampler banks (pitch, button press) they dont stick even with the release.

Hey man,

Please post in the beta area of the forum with this feedback. It will help us iron out any issues for the public release.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 3:11 AM - 7 February, 2017
Quote:
Beat jump turning Smart sync off and not staying synced, making beat jump UNUSABLE

Please leave us a comment in the beta area of the forum so we can iron out any issues for the public release.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 3:13 AM - 7 February, 2017
Quote:
hi,when I can connect my xdj r1 ?

This piece of hardware isn't supported in Serato and there isn't any plan to support it.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 3:15 AM - 7 February, 2017
Quote:

So you don't accidentally set a cue while performing. Some controller's/mixer's buttons can be easy to brush against while performing, resulting in cues you didn't mean to set.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 3:16 AM - 7 February, 2017
Quote:
Also with pitch n play is there anyway to jump to different cue points?

Yep, look at the below article for info on how to do this.

serato.com
Serato, Support
Jordan L 3:18 AM - 7 February, 2017
Quote:

You can view all of the Pitch Play supported hardware in the above blog post. The Mixdeck is not one of them.
djenzo876 4:00 AM - 7 February, 2017
acemc 6:00 AM - 7 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

So you don't accidentally set a cue while performing. Some controller's/mixer's buttons can be easy to brush against while performing, resulting in cues you didn't mean to set.

Aah, Ok. So we can still activate the hatches, just not set them.
Considering I set most of my cue points in offline mode - I actually really like that.
Thanks for the explanation.
acemc 6:00 AM - 7 February, 2017
Hatches = Hotcues
DJ RAY THE ONE 10:04 AM - 7 February, 2017
Still waitin vinly scrolle. I love that from scrach live. I have never see that again.
DJ Jizz 6:15 AM - 9 February, 2017
Whats up everyone! Call me old-school but being a DVS user since the scratch live days, at this point im still not utilizing beat grids. Ive had the sense utilizing them was more for the "contoller dj" guys. Now that smart sync is available for us turntable users, im trying to find out if i will need to have beat grids set up in order to use it (and also if they would need to be set up to even use the anti-drift option). Hoping not...i mix alot of old school funk jams with fluctuating tempos throughout and sync would be a big help with live instrumentation rhythms but just seems like it'd be a pain the ass to go thru every song setting up beat grids. The anti-drift option seems like it would work really good too though. If anyone can give me some feedback, it'd be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!!!
Telony Ex 1:47 PM - 9 February, 2017
Oh beat grids definitely. Abd with those older live instrument music, ur gonna need to do a little extra editing as sdj wont fet them right. Tip. Start to grid and Edit the songs that u play most often then u will gradually get all of them done
acemc 6:34 PM - 9 February, 2017
DJ Jizz.
I played with it for a bit (bout an hour or so) and to be honest, I think this feature is for guys using really messed up decks that can't hold the pitch well. When I used it I found it to almost work against you if making subtle adjustments using the side of the platter.
So I honestly don't see this helping with old school tunes where you actually need those subtle adjustments.
Btw: How do you do accurate loops without a beat grid?
acemc 6:35 PM - 9 February, 2017
But then again, if you took the time to beat grid your old tunes properly...
Then this feature would be very helpful for you.
DJ Jizz 1:26 AM - 10 February, 2017
acemc-

Thx for the feedback! Yeah I'm not saying I want to get all into the syn option anyway, just curious to see how well it would work for us DVS users. Respect to all DJs out there, old-school and new school. I just kinda come from the classic "2 turntables and a mixer" background. If it wasn't for Serato, I'd still be hauling 10 crates of records with me to every gig! For my loops, in the off-line player, I use the "in" and "out" buttons to edit as much as possible to keep my loops as tight as possible. I also try to keep them as small as possible (4 to 8 beats) without compromising the rhythm. I make one loop at the beginning as an intro and try to find a nice spot in the middle of a song (maybe after 2 chorus's) and create a second loop as a point to where I can mix in the next song. Works really good with the old school funk tunes with live instruments (Prince, The Time, Tower Of Power, etc). How about anti-drift? Will beat grids need to be set up to use that feature as well or no?
ceedogg13 6:52 PM - 10 February, 2017
i like the new update I've been on my ns7 II for 4hrs all week with 1.9.6 and downloaded the update yesterday and I've been on about the same amount of time and haven't had NO issues feels much right , put my favorite is the pitch play so far
Petrik 7:47 PM - 10 February, 2017
Is there a possibility to add Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 as a supported device for beta testing? I would like to test it on this machine but the beta version is not responding to mixtrack's commands. Thank you for any answer.
Sheck 'em off 8:35 AM - 14 February, 2017
Fuck this shit
Im tired. Im sick
I this point 3am i just want to sleep
But can not rest if im not say this
Fuck yall i have the biggest. Dick
Y'all know is true i dont like to lie
Im always real and i like be like that
Fuck you testing game and shit
You're whos hidden and you say ¿im scare?
I die for my people even if you dont like them
Free my cousin i know hes dying
his missing MJ and i know hes hungry
Yea with human and we make mistakes
But he didn't pay 50buck thats the reason why is on jail.fuck that shit
Fuck the sisten nigga. Its been more than a mouth
he didn't call cuz hes broke
And just to close this shit and go to sleep
I show my middle finger unto you decided thats IT!!!!
Preeeeeeahh
I can't never loose what you though
Hate is a sign of administration.
Here the 120v lightbubl lighting up all this mdfks
Have a great day God bless yall and go to sleep
Kathy jeans..
Sheck 'em off 8:49 AM - 14 February, 2017
collared shirt and khaki pants
Yeah bitch i gonna be on time
I dont gonna lie you're hot
But just to fuck with your husband you just can suck my balls
My bad if im going to aggressive
But tomorrow i wanna see they faces
When they can't hide that they know what i wrote
But cand do shit cuz they fake ass fuck "interview'
Nigga and if you don hire me its ok
You hold $130. My hold pay check!
Like if i dont have to eat
Fuck all pigs im 23 and i have a kid to feed
And chilling bro i have nothing to proof or aparentar
(spanish lol.)
If you need me i will be in tampa tomorrow about this time.
Preeeeeahh
acemc 7:13 PM - 14 February, 2017
^^^^^ WTF? ^^^^^
VP 4:18 PM - 16 February, 2017
priority should be taken in making the flagship hardware work 100%. the djm-s9 and other flagship hardware should be able to connect with serato dj everytime it's powered or connected.
we've waited way too long for seratodj to remove the kinks out. ssl worked with ttm57sl flawlessly at least on connecting. we understand that every software and hardware take some time to weed out the bugs. but it's about time now seratodj and the s9 work 100%. i shouldn't have to "reboot" an i7- 3770k with 32GB and 256GB Samsung SSD. what the hell is going on? even after reboot the connection is not GUARANTEED only better!! wth?!!!!
after a few plays the ASIO starts complaining and i have to keep moving the buffer size back and forth. come on man... serato is making computer manufacturers more money by making djs upgrade their computers/hardware for little to no reason.

you should be able to turn the ignition of your "luxury" car and it starts every time. not only work maybe half the time or when the engine cools down. this is unacceptable.
djenzo876 7:40 AM - 18 February, 2017
having serious issues with serato dj and charging the battery...
ceedogg13 4:34 PM - 18 February, 2017
I have no issues at all with 1.9.6 so far good! If I had any I'd honestly let u kno ..
swannyriver 3:54 PM - 28 February, 2017
when is the serato 1.9.6 full version release date. i got to have this
dj r-tez 5:30 AM - 3 March, 2017
When will we see Library management enhancements?
DJ Little Rock 2:14 AM - 6 March, 2017
Help! Downloaded the latest version MacOS Sierra 10.12.3. Went to use it. Not recognized the controller. Any Ideas?
DJ Little Rock 2:15 AM - 6 March, 2017
Im using Mac Pro Book with NS6 controller
DJ Little Rock 2:17 AM - 6 March, 2017
Any issues with the latest Sierra 10.12.3 updates
DJ Little Rock 2:19 AM - 6 March, 2017
I'm using the latest version of Serato Dj.
acemc 8:27 AM - 6 March, 2017
Quote:
when is the serato 1.9.6 full version release date. i got to have this

You can download the Beta in the meantime & help to test it.
I'd rather Serato not rush an official release and ensure the release is totally stable & bug free.
Mr K-oz 5:35 PM - 6 March, 2017
Quote:
hayq tener pitch N' time, para poder usar el pitch play ?

si
ilias1972 8:05 PM - 6 March, 2017
no star rating yet?
djbigmark 1:06 PM - 9 March, 2017
Reloop neon not working with 1.9.6 why?
Telony Ex 3:55 PM - 9 March, 2017
Mine is working. There is a small bug though. Using neon hardware to Change Sampler mode on pads 6 and 7 is confused.
kvnkrz 8:03 PM - 9 March, 2017
is there a way to trigger saved loops on all 8 pads of a ddj sp1????
li.daniel415 5:49 AM - 9 April, 2017
I just downloaded 1.9.6 and have been using serato DJ with my DDJ SX for a few years now, and now with the new software version, the DDJ SX is not recognized when I start it up. I have the most updated firmware and drivers, and I am running Windows 7. Can someone please help me?!
howard09 5:59 AM - 9 April, 2017
Hi Daniel 415
Do you have a paid license with serato dj? If not you need go see if you can get a free trial and see if that works. When you open up serato dj go under midi in serato dj settings if it does not show your controller then you need to send a ticket to the support team. Try this an see if this works
1. Open serato dj with out the controller hooked up wait for serato to finish opening up after it is fully opened hook your controller up an wait to see if it reads your controller.
2.try a different USB port on you computer I know I have to try different USB ports on my laptop sometimes I have to change USB ports try these two things if that does not work please let me know thank you
li.daniel415 7:14 AM - 9 April, 2017
I don't have a paid license. I initially installed it with the CD that came with my DDJ SX. Not sure if i still have it or not. When I open Serato now, I am unable to click on midi.

1. tried that, did nothing
2. tried that, did nothing.
howard09 7:20 AM - 9 April, 2017
Ok does it say serato intro on the cd you need to go on serato dj and send a ticket to the support team I am sorry that you having this trouble. Uninstall the cd version and go on the internet and see if you can find a free trial version or try an download the 1.9.6 off of serato dj website an see if it reads your controller if that does not work then you need to send a ticket to the support team
howard09 7:26 AM - 9 April, 2017
Try this with your cd or if you download from the website in the bottom right corner where it says my serato click on that an see if it let's you active your controller or active your serato dj cd get back to me if this does not work
li.daniel415 7:30 AM - 9 April, 2017
Yeah I downloaded it off of the website and it doesn't let me activate the controller. I opened up a ticket. I had a similar problem years ago where I could plug and play with 1.3 but any newer versions would not work. I played with 1.3 this whole time and now I guess it's the same story.
howard09 7:32 AM - 9 April, 2017
Let me see what I can figure out I will help you get through this problem my friend working on it now
howard09 7:47 AM - 9 April, 2017
Try this go into control panel an click on device manager then double click on where it says unverisal serial bus controller then double click on first USB root hub
Then click on the power management tab
Uncheck the box that says allow computer to turn this off you want to this with every USB root hub let me know if this works
howard09 7:49 AM - 9 April, 2017
You want to do this with every USB root hub after you do that save the changes then open up serato an see if it reads your controller
howard09 7:54 AM - 9 April, 2017
Also make sure that your wifi is turned off an if you have a virus protection make sure that is disabled as well make sure that there is nothing running in the back ground as well
howard09 8:07 AM - 9 April, 2017
Oh yea go into the serato dj folder and delete all the mapping that is not your controller you need to download the mapping for your controller and put in the folder of mapping on serato dj that is probably why it is not reading your controller
acemc 5:49 PM - 10 April, 2017
DDJ-SX will (should) automatically activate full version of SDJ.
Something else is wrong.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 10:08 PM - 12 April, 2017
Quote:
Reloop neon not working with 1.9.6 why?

You still having problems? What are the specs of the computer you're using?
Serato, Support
Jordan L 10:09 PM - 12 April, 2017
Quote:
DDJ-SX will (should) automatically activate full version of SDJ.
Something else is wrong.

Hey,

Send us a help request and we'll get you sorted :)

support.serato.com

Cheers.