Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Meta Data

DJJAMESHOOMES 8:24 AM - 29 December, 2016
I have been using serato since it came out 20 years now. I have recently started broadcasting to websites like secondlife.com and places like Virtualclubbinglife (VCL) , Shoutcat and Nicecast , Icecast and they require meta data to be sent to prove and show the music I am playing. Considering Serato is the best program I enjoy using. I refuse to goto VDJ or Traktor. But at this time I am having to be forced to because serato dj has never sent out meta data. I mean if these two or three companies can do it why has serato not jumped on the band wagon considering serato is a leader in dj'ing no matter where it is real life in clubs or on Virtual reality Sites. How hard would it be for serato to just add that feature? I have contacted tech services and they pointed me to this forum. So as a loyal customer of serato scratch live and now serato dj could you please add the ability to send my track list in real time. I would really hate to leave this great company over something so small. Thank you and I hope you can work this in to the next update.

Thank you Dj James Hoomes aka DJDIRTYWABBIT
charlee1985 4:25 PM - 23 February, 2017
Would like this too.
Spinchip 7:46 PM - 13 April, 2017
I'm with you Dj James. Would love to be able to get the Track Metadata out of Serato and into Xsplit Broadcaster. Xsplit can read a file and push that to the screen for a video mix, but it needs that "magic" extract out of Serato to be able to do it. I've even tried digging to find out where the History is written, but I'm convinced it's not a simple text file.

Please, please give us this info. There's a lot more internet DJ's these days :)

Thanks, Simon
DJCake 3:01 PM - 9 May, 2017
Yet another +1 for this feature. I too DJ in Second Life and other online spaces and metadata is all part of the experience. I'm not even sure why Serato doesn't have a shoutcast/icecast module, but being able to use BUTT or Nicecast or Edcast to stream picking up metadata on the way would do nicely too.
Spinchip 4:17 PM - 9 May, 2017
Solved this and would to know if Second Life could use an HTML feed?

Check out the other discussion I had running;

serato.com - discussion link

Let me know if it works, may join Second Life and try it :)
DJCake 12:30 AM - 11 May, 2017
Trouble is, the metadata is sent with the shoutcast or icecast stream, so the only way of using this would be to parse the twitter feed or a local html file into a nowplaying.txt file - which needs a specific structure that the stream can use.
Title: Name of the song
Artist: Name of the artist
Time: 00:00
I tried grabbing this data (in Nicecast) from RADR and no dice
Spinchip 11:57 AM - 11 May, 2017
Yes. I just used a local html file which basically displays the twitter widget . Simple bit effective for my needs