Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

HDMI Switch dropping external display.

Betow 9:53 PM - 17 October, 2016
Hello all,

I tried finding a post on this topic already, but I haven't found one, so hope fully you can help.

I am running two laptops. One laptop for Serato Video/Mix Emergency/Resolume Avenue.

Second Laptop running Virtual DJ for digital pictures slideshow running.

The HDMI switch is this one here: www.amazon.com

Now, when I select the 1st HDMI inputs on the switcher (which the 1st laptop running Serato DJ), the external display for Serato video works, but when I select the 2nd HDMI input for the computer running Virtual DJ, the Serato Video External display drops out, & pushes the running music video onto my desktop.

Likewise, when I switch from the Virtual DJ computer to the Serato Video computer, the extended display drops on the Virtual DJ machine and brings the monitor display window back onto the desktop.

It seems like when I switch off of a certain input, that input looses it's connection with the computer, thus the computer things it has lost it's extended display. But when I switch back, the extended display returns. Just annoying when whatever is running on that extended display is pushed to my desktop.

I tried the setup with a VGA KBM switcher & everything worked fine.

I would like to get this setup working with an HDMI switcher, but just wanted to get some feedback from someone who might have already fought this battle.

Thanks,

Nic
popnwave 10:10 PM - 17 October, 2016
You'll need a more expensive switch that uses an "edid minder" so when you are switching it does't loose the handshake and think your external display is off or gone.

I think nicer Kramer and Extron switches usually incorporate that type of technology.
popnwave 10:12 PM - 17 October, 2016
Extron had a model - SW2 HDMI Two Input HDMI Switcher

You'd have to find one on the secondary market these days since they only have 6 inputs.
Betow 10:29 PM - 17 October, 2016
Great, thanks!
I'll checkout Ebay & see what I can find.
Culprit 6:16 AM - 25 October, 2016
You can also try scaling down to 720p on your secondary external display and see if that helps
Culprit 6:17 AM - 25 October, 2016
Wait, nevermind, pop is correct
Betow 2:57 AM - 18 November, 2016
Ok,

So I have starting going down the VGA switcher route. The VGA switcher I use is actually an old KVM switch. Now when I hook both laptops up to the VGA switcher and switch between inputs the laptops don't loose their secondary display.

However, I would like a faster switch between the video signals. The screen does go black for 2-4 seconds before the selected screen appears.

Is there anything anyone can recommend to speed up the video switching speed.

Else, I did find some HDMI switchers on ebay that have the Edid Minder function advertised.

www.ebay.com

However, I don't want the same 2-4 second blank screen with switching between HDMI signals either.

Any advice you guys can help me out with?

Thanks as always!