DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

HOW CAN I MIRROR ALL FILES, CRATES AND SUBCRATES

DJ Ser Scratch 9:21 AM - 23 August, 2016
OK I AM USING SERATO DJ AND I WOULD LIKE TO MIRROR AND BACKUP ALL FILES FROM MY MACBOOK PRO WITH A 1TB HARDRIVE THATS ONLY HALF FULL AND AN 1 TB EXTERNAL DRIVE THATS 90% FULL ALL ONTO AN 2 TB EXTERNAL HARDRIVE. I WOULD LIKE THE 2 TB HARDRIVE TO PLAY ON OTHER DJ'S LAPTOPS AS IF I WAS PLAYING ON MY OWN WITH ALL FILES AND CRATES SHOWING UP...

PLS HELP
DJ SER SCRATCH
eugguy 10:52 AM - 23 August, 2016
HOLD A BIG ASS MIRROR NEXT TO YOUR LAPTOP. YOUVE NOW MIRRORED ALL YOUR SHIT IN 2 SECONDS.
DJ Ser Scratch 10:55 AM - 23 August, 2016
HAHAHAHAHAHA..... THX FOR THE EARLY MORNING LAUGH..
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:55 PM - 23 August, 2016
Do you want the 2TB drive to appear as one drive or two different drives?

If you partition the 2tb into two 1TB drives you can use a program like Carbon Copy to clone the entire drive.

I have all my music (iTunes files too) on a separate 1TB drive installed in my Mac. I clone that to a portable drive as back-up. If I want to play on another computer I hook up the portable drive and (Option +) open iTunes so it points to my library. Then all my playlists, crates, and files work like they should on any computer (mac).
DJ Fa2LA 1:11 AM - 25 August, 2016
I would suggest using Time Machine. Should be the easiest way to achieve what you're looking to do. Check out the info here: discussions.apple.com

You'll have to plug in both external drives at the same time. Then setup the 2TB with both your 1GB drives in the included list. Make sure your Serato folders are included of course. Think that would be the best solution.

That way if following day you edit cue points, loops, or w/e and the MP3 file is modified, the next time you backup TM should recognize this and backup revised file. Keeping all your hard work up-to-date! Pretty sure that's how it would work.