Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video- Random Off set videos and random upside down (Filter FFDS Haali)

Dovestarr 11:28 AM - 7 August, 2016
Hello :)
I'm experiencing off set video's and some upside down during my shows. Must be filter issue, I've installed defaults as indicated here:
support.serato.com

If I play the same video on the other deck then it sometimes plays fine.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Alienware 17
Intel Core i7-6700HQ
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M (3GB)
16GB RAM
1TB & 256MB SSD
windows 10
Serato 1.9.2
Nvidia settings to work with SDJ & SV
Dovestarr 9:42 PM - 25 August, 2016
I've found this that i'll be testing: serato.com
I've also forced FFDS to run: support.serato.com

I'll update this after some testing, maybe helpful to someone one day.
Dovestarr 11:10 PM - 25 August, 2016
That didn't work, decided to uninstall Haali & FFDS

Installed K-Lite full www.codecguide.com

Compatible with windows 10, early tests seem fine, i'll post update after testing
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:39 AM - 26 August, 2016
LAV filter and the download the Tweaker tool and set it to Nvidia.

Next download the Directshow registry script from this site.

Delete everything else (k-lite).

Open SDJ/SV and enjoy.

All should be good if your videos are up to par. Meaning no YouTube downloader crap or 8th Wonder shit.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:41 AM - 26 August, 2016
Read and follow Listendats advice, serato.com
Dovestarr 7:47 PM - 26 September, 2016
Thank you (Soundinsurgent) :)

I followed your advice and installed Lav filters as mentioned. Carried out some serious testing and still found many issues. Decided to uninstall LAV filters (All others have been previously uninstalled as directed). The system became much more manageable, all the testing thereafter had no issues. However, during the last gig I had a couple of issues including a complete white-out !
I may have possibly corrupted the SV preference file in the registry, which I've now renamed making it reset to default.
I'll continue to test, but everyting is running without Haali, FFDS or Lav in Windows 10 with latest updates.

i'll update this thread for anyone else who might suffer this issue this a new Alienware laptop.
Dovestarr 11:33 AM - 29 September, 2016
FMI / FYI
1) Close all programs.
2) Open the Start menu.
3) In the search box type "regedit" (minus the quotation marks).
4) Click the regedit.exe icon and the Registry Editor window will now open.
5) Expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.
6) Expand the Software folder
7) Expand the Serato folder
8) Right click on the SeratoVideo folder, select "rename" and give it a new name (e.g. old_SeratoVideo)
9) Now open Serato DJ and Serato Video, and the output window should have now returned to default settings.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:33 PM - 29 September, 2016
Wait your doing while playing live??
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:35 PM - 29 September, 2016
I've been told by many here that its a problem with how the videos were encoded.

Since I've pretty much deleted or replaced most of my older videos I have yet to run into this problem when running SV on my PC.

Where are you getting your videos from exactly??
Dovestarr 12:49 PM - 7 October, 2016
VJ Pro and VJ street
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:25 PM - 7 October, 2016
Is it still happening, the off-set ??
Dovestarr 6:45 PM - 7 October, 2016
No, however this morning, somehow the laptop carried out the installation of the windows 10 anniversary and screwed the audio up, Serato wouldn't connect with my controller. Managed to get it responding after a couple of hours troubleshooting.

It looks like the frame rates are dropping when 2 video's are played at the same time, had this issue before and resolved it by implementing direct show registry script. I just experienced a 'white-out' when playing a track (Uber everywhere).

Thinking of rolling back restore......

I'll keep testing over the weekend, the next gig is Friday. Defo didn't need the windows 10 update, i'm kicking myself !!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:45 PM - 7 October, 2016
Yeah Windows 10 had gotten me awhile back and screwed things up for me as well. Rolled back to 8.1 and everything was good again.
Dovestarr 12:49 PM - 8 October, 2016
Hopefully when Apple release the new mac book pro, I can move forward and get ME....

So today I rolled back to before the update, still had issues with frame-rates, installed Lav filters (ffdshow) enabled DVXA and the system seems now stable with the frame rate more constant and at acceptable higher level.

I wonder how long this will last.......
Dovestarr 9:35 PM - 30 January, 2017
For my notes:
Lav setting HW Acc: DXVA2 (copy back)
select Nvidia device for HW
Dovestarr 12:53 PM - 20 February, 2017
I've now moved over to VDJ, Given up with SV :)
KateUptonNYC 6:32 AM - 21 February, 2017
Quote:
I've now moved over to VDJ, Given up with SV :)

It's really unfortunate that the Windows community has more than capable hardware but the software has so many issues.

They really need a Windows friendly client, but video djing is still a fairly niche market so, so I guesss?

I'm sure you could pay 3-4 guys state side through this forum and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot.
Dovestarr 10:35 PM - 27 February, 2017
I agree it's quite niche over here, I have loads of projectors so seemed a natural progression for me to move on to.
I was tempted to move over to Mac, and i waited and waited for the MBP to be released...I was not impressed ! Have no issues with Resolume on my master PC, so sticking with windows.
I should not have updated SV, it was running lovely....VDJ runs with no problems and plays all the video's, something not right with SV but I will get to the bottom of it, although support are rather slow these days.....I prefer the look and feel of serato over VDJ, need to adjust my filters :)