Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Best performance for Serato Video on a Windows PC using LAV filters

Product
Serato Video
Version
Hardware
Rane SL2
Host
Scratch Live
Version
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Dj ListenDat 11:49 AM - 11 October, 2013
Most of SV users are on a laptop. Laptops usually don't have a strong CPU. Running SV with 2 mp4 HD video is really a big task for the only CPU which is already treating SL. That is why it can easily become choppy and this even on a desktop PC.

The ONLY solution to have fluid FPS is to use GPU hardware acceleration (this is used by default on MAC thanks to the way the OS is built but not the case on PC. You have to develop it)

FFDSHOW DXVA permit GPU hardware acceleration but doesn't work with Serato Video.

The UNIQUE solution is LAV FILTERS : code.google.com

Here is a good tutorial to configure LAV FILTERS : www.ezoden.com

Use DXVA2CB if you have ATI/AMD GPU
Use CUVID if you have NVIDIA GPU

Ensure that the LAV decoder is the main Windows video codec used for H.264 videos thanks to Win7DSFilterTweaker available here codecguide.com : codecguide.com

Understand that having a big GPU won't change a lot in a windows environement using FFDSHOW as it isn't make to use GPU. FFDSHOW uses CPU !! Only if you choose IntelQuickSync or use FFDSHOW DXVA version it will take advantage of the GPU power. Unfortunately none of those 2 work with SV.

If you want make a test ! Use Quicktime or Ffdshow with a Geforce GT or a GTX ! It won't affect the quality and FPS a lot. This on a PC. Why ? Again because on OSX the GPU is used a lot in video application. Even in texting application. That is why you get that smooth aspect everywhere ! It's not the same on PC. Look at the waveforms on a MAC and compare with PC. Yes as you've seen it's fluid on MAC and not on PC and this even if you have Geforce 1000 GTXXX 10 Gb !! So again as long as Serato won't develop a proper GPU hardware acceleration on PC, or a good support for LAV Filters, the Graphic card power won't change a lot as it's not optimized in the software and don't have the OS optimization that exist on MAC.

DBDJ 7:35 PM - 22 October, 2013
So basically something that should be sorted at a host software level is being ignored due to the work it would take to implement it on a PC? You're joking right?

It's really sad to see this company not stepping up and making the necessary software upgrades so that the user experience is flawless on either platform.

Adobe doesn't say to its users that processing video and sound will work better only on a Mac and not a PC. They just make it work. Steinberg doesn't say that running multiple plugins with video in Cubase will work better in a PC than a Mac. They just make it work.

If it means lisencing an open source video engine that can handle gpu rendering, Serato should be all over that. There are plenty of smaller companies who've done this and achieved stable results.

I'm not running all over the net looking for third party add-ons to help make your product run smoother. Implement the necessary changes at a host software level. You've got one platform now. How hard can it be?
Dj ListenDat 2:01 PM - 23 October, 2013
I think the reality is that Serato team is a short team. They managed to create a product that worked so well (serato scratch live) that everyone bought it and it became a standard for most djs. But it still remain a short company with little means. that what i think. What brought me to this conclusion is the lack of knowledges of the staff to help people. There knowledges stop to the Serato software. Nothing else. When i made a post to talk about GPU hardware acceleration and mentionned DXVA or OPENCL it's like i had spoken chinese and i never had answers. Any application nowadays that handle video, is developped with GPU hardware acceleration. And i'm really kind to say "nowadays" cause it's been like that for a long time........dxva, dxva2, cuda, opencl, etc.........all those words are unknown to the devs...........

I 1000% agree "If it means lisencing an open source video engine that can handle gpu rendering, Serato should be all over that. There are plenty of smaller companies who've done this and achieved stable results." Don't understand why they don't pay a coder even on rentacoder.com to develop that...........
DJ_Damien 10:43 AM - 20 November, 2013
Quote:
Most of SV users are on a laptop. Laptops usually don't have a strong CPU. Running SV with 2 mp4 HD video is really a big task for the only CPU which is already treating SL. That is why it can easily become choppy and this even on a desktop PC.

The ONLY solution to have fluid FPS is to use GPU hardware acceleration (this is used by default on MAC thanks to the way the OS is built but not the case on PC. You have to develop it)

FFDSHOW DXVA permit GPU hardware acceleration but doesn't work with Serato Video.

The UNIQUE solution is LAV FILTERS : code.google.com

Here is a good tutorial to configure LAV FILTERS : www.ezoden.com

Use DXVA2CB if you have ATI/AMD GPU
Use CUVID if you have NVIDIA GPU

Ensure that the LAV decoder is the main Windows video codec used for H.264 videos thanks to Win7DSFilterTweaker available here codecguide.com : codecguide.com

I tried your guide but it didn't work. When in LAV Filters Video Configuration menu I select nVida CUVID and hit apply nothing happens. Just under that drop down menu in the "Active Decoder" field it says: (inactive).

Am I doing something wrong?
Dj ListenDat 11:28 AM - 20 November, 2013
Quote:
I tried your guide but it didn't work. When in LAV Filters Video Configuration menu I select nVida CUVID and hit apply nothing happens. Just under that drop down menu in the "Active Decoder" field it says: (inactive).

Am I doing something wrong?

When you configure Lav video decoder it applies the settiings correctly. The thing is that it works in instance. When you configure it from the configuration menu without playing a file it's not in use. To be sure that the decoder is active, tick the tray icon box so that when you play a H264 file in Serato Video, you'll see the red Lav video decoder tray icon. When you open it you should see that Cuvid is in use. If you open another video while the first one is playing you'll see another instance opening. All instances have the same settings. So you don't have to configure each. Let me know how it went
DJ_Damien 1:00 PM - 20 November, 2013
Quote:

When you configure Lav video decoder it applies the settiings correctly. The thing is that it works in instance. When you configure it from the configuration menu without playing a file it's not in use. To be sure that the decoder is active, tick the tray icon box so that when you play a H264 file in Serato Video, you'll see the red Lav video decoder tray icon. When you open it you should see that Cuvid is in use. If you open another video while the first one is playing you'll see another instance opening. All instances have the same settings. So you don't have to configure each. Let me know how it went

Nope, still inactive. I attached an image of both LAV video configuration screen as well as Win7DSFilter.
There's nothing happening in the tray...

s9.postimg.org
DJ_Damien 1:01 PM - 20 November, 2013
The screenshot was taken at the moment both decks were playing a video clip, as well as output.
Dj ListenDat 4:54 PM - 20 November, 2013
Ok don't worry we will figure this out quickly.

Give me your computer specs (especially OS, Processor family, GPU)
Dj ListenDat 4:58 PM - 20 November, 2013
I think i know the problem. As Cuvid is available i guess you have Nvidia GPU

Do you see the ffdshow tray instead of the Lav one ?

Please execute this serato.com this script is to avoid the use of quicktime
Dj ListenDat 5:00 PM - 20 November, 2013
Reboot the system after having modifyied the registry
DJ_Damien 5:36 PM - 20 November, 2013
I executed the script, rebooted and it's still the same.

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite P770-111
Windows 7 Home x64
i7-2630QM
4 GB RAM (1333 MHz)
GPU: nVidia GeForce GT540M (1 GB) with Optimus technology.

Can the optimus technology represent an issue in this case? In the nVidia control panel I made the GT540M as the default GPU instead of the Intel. I can't even opet Serato Video if I don't switch to 540M as my default GPU for running serato video.

I get ok results playing two 720p videos at around 2000 kbps each. It's usually between 40 and 50 fps. Although when loading another video it drops to 30-ish.
I even tried enabling all 4 video effects and the text editor simultaneously and the FPS is around 23.

Do you think I could get better results using your method?

Dj ListenDat 6:30 PM - 20 November, 2013
Serato can't run with Intel GPU so for sure before everything you have to force SSL and SV to use the Nvidia GPU
Here it's not the issue. We will figure out
Can you try to delete ffdshow ? Or if you want to keep it just be sure that it is disable for H264 in ffdshow video decoder panel.

Using LAV will always give better results as it uses GPU hardware acceleration
Dj ListenDat 6:35 PM - 20 November, 2013
Hey man i've just looked at your screenshot again. Seems you didn't understand when i said :"To be sure that the decoder is active, tick the tray icon box"

You have to enable the "Enable system tray icon"

Sorry i'm french
Dj ListenDat 6:37 PM - 20 November, 2013
In which quality are you ? I know that on Best is too much for my system so i stay to high. When i go from high to best the FPS drops 50%. When i was on a Sandy bridge system (i5) i could go Best without trouble. Never figured why.
Code:E 7:14 PM - 20 November, 2013
Quote:
Sorry i'm french

I had no idea until now.

Listen dat I'm going to be sending TONS of question to this thread now.
DJ_Damien 7:51 PM - 20 November, 2013
Yep, it finally worked with ticking the said field and after rebooting.

But, the fps is still the same. I think it's the hardware specs that are preventing me from any improvement in FPS.

But what you said. If the quality is lowered to high, FPS increases by 20.
Code:E 7:58 PM - 20 November, 2013
DJ_Damien do you think anyone at any of your gigs care's or notices the difference between 1080p, 720p (or even 480p). Most places I play dont have video systems that handle anything over 480p. So I higher FPS is much more desirable than resolution, drunks are all buried eyed anyway.
DJ_Damien 8:01 PM - 20 November, 2013
I completely agree, but I was referring to those few times I'm actually recording what I'm mixing ;)
Dj ListenDat 8:18 PM - 20 November, 2013
Quote:
Yep, it finally worked with ticking the said field and after rebooting.

But, the fps is still the same. I think it's the hardware specs that are preventing me from any improvement in FPS.

But what you said. If the quality is lowered to high, FPS increases by 20.

If the FPS is the same it's because it was working already. Try it with ffdshow or quicktime and you'll see how it works better with LAV Video

I find difference between 720p and 480p is visible. That said i never saw on legit video website 720p or 1080p videos :p....

Whatever, don't loose your time 1080p vidz. It's really hard on common screens to see a difference.

Keep the quality to High as the difference with Best doesn't justify to loose 20 fps
Dj ListenDat 8:19 PM - 20 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry i'm french

I had no idea until now.

Listen dat I'm going to be sending TONS of question to this thread now.

lool here you go
Dj ListenDat 8:48 PM - 20 November, 2013
Just an advice to anyone who own i5 or i7 or Haswell CPU and want to reencode files on windows. Use handbrake quicksync version. Man it's doing the job sooooooooooooooooooo fast it's incredible !!! And quality is the same than CPU encoding
DJ_Damien 11:59 PM - 20 November, 2013
Quote:

If the FPS is the same it's because it was working already. Try it with ffdshow or quicktime and you'll see how it works better with LAV Video

I had the K-Lite codec pack installed before LAV filters and some of those codecs must have done the same good job as LAV filters do.

Thanks for support in any case :)
Code:E 7:06 AM - 21 November, 2013
Quote:
I completely agree, but I was referring to those few times I'm actually recording what I'm mixing ;)

Sorry fail on my part. I completely agree with you.
Dj ListenDat 11:03 AM - 21 November, 2013
To record your set i highly advice Mirillis Action ! it supports intel quick sync. It doesn't affect the fps AT ALL while recording.
Dj ListenDat 11:05 AM - 21 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I had the K-Lite codec pack installed before LAV filters and some of those codecs must have done the same good job as LAV filters do.

Thanks for support in any case :)

None of any other codec than lav can do its job. It's the only one that support truely and without bugs GPU hardware acceleration.

Regarding the content of the K-lite codec pack codecguide.com i can confirm you that if it was working as it is working with lav, it's just because it was using ;) :D

Glad it now works fine for you
DJ_Damien 10:08 PM - 21 November, 2013
Quote:
To record your set i highly advice Mirillis Action ! it supports intel quick sync. It doesn't affect the fps AT ALL while recording.

I'm using Avermedia Gamer Portable recorder. It does the job perfectly.
Miguel Figueroa 4:41 PM - 24 November, 2013
to Dj Listendat, when I am playing music videos after about 30-45 minutes the music plays but my entire screen turns completely green or white...I optimized my computer it runs a little faster but still keeps doing this it is embarassing please help...

My computer specs are:

Operating System: Windows 7, 64 bit Service pack 1
Processor: i7-3930k @ 3.2 Ghz turbo to 3.8 Ghz, 6 cores
Memory (RAM): 16 GB
Graphics Card: Amd Radeon Hd 7770

Rane sixty two
Serato video
1200 Technics
Dj ListenDat 10:21 AM - 25 November, 2013
Hi,

If it is something
Quote:
to Dj Listendat, when I am playing music videos after about 30-45 minutes the music plays but my entire screen turns completely green or white...I optimized my computer it runs a little faster but still keeps doing this it is embarassing please help...

My computer specs are:

Operating System: Windows 7, 64 bit Service pack 1
Processor: i7-3930k @ 3.2 Ghz turbo to 3.8 Ghz, 6 cores
Memory (RAM): 16 GB
Graphics Card: Amd Radeon Hd 7770

Rane sixty two
Serato video
1200 Technics

Hi,

If it is something that you always see after about the same amount of time, there is good chance it's linked to heat......The thing you need to do to know, is to install GPU-z and CPU-z and have a look at the graphs. Those tools permit to monitor temperature, voltage, load, etc........make a test record the graphs and tell us if there is a modification before and after the troubles start
Miguel Figueroa 3:03 PM - 25 November, 2013
thanks Dj ListenDat, I will look into installing a GPU-z and CPU-z...ill let you know the outcome.

thanks for your help
Tony Vyce 8:38 AM - 30 November, 2013
Dj ListenDat, thanks man, u saved my life, i have had this video output being upside down problem since April wen i bought my elitebook to run my serato thinkin its a strong machine n can compare to a mac, actually it is! I followed ur instructions n now my problems r solved, thanks
Dj ListenDat 4:11 PM - 30 November, 2013
You're welcome :)
Funkytownstopsix 5:26 PM - 2 December, 2013
Quote:
If you want make a test ! Use Quicktime or Ffdshow with a Geforce GT or a GTX ! It won't affect the quality and FPS a lot. This on a PC. Why ? Again because on OSX the GPU is used a lot in video application. Even in texting application. That is why you get that smooth aspect everywhere ! It's not the same on PC. Look at the waveforms on a MAC and compare with PC. Yes as you've seen it's fluid on MAC and not on PC and this even if you have Geforce 1000 GTXXX 10 Gb !! So again as long as Serato won't develop a proper GPU hardware acceleration on PC, or a good support for LAV Filters, the Graphic card power won't change a lot as it's not optimized in the software and don't have the OS optimization that exist on MAC.

Well this past week I ran into an issue on my pc,,,: ) my driver got updated somehow I didn't know but I was having major issues... Long story short I fixed it... I restored my CPU because I was having issues with the ATI Catalysts software was not able to uninstall it. Anyway I decided to force my PC to use quicklime as by default serato uses direct draw on windows along with that I installed the codecs(FFDShow
* Haali Media Splitter (MatroskaSplitter) My frame rate doubled after this when quicklime can't play a video it calls up whatever codecs you have. I almost always see MatoraskSplitter pop up all the time for a few seconds and then it goes away. For the record my wave forums were never choppy using directdraw ran smooth just ran about 30-36 frames per second but it ran so solid that I never explored other options.. Now im getting 60-70 this is even on hd videos which can put a strain on a cpu. I used fraps to record once I start recording it drop down to 30 when using hd videos... I guess my point is you might want to try it both ways. I am a pc guy so I know for a fact I should get better performance using a pc with direct draw but this was not the case this time..
Dj ListenDat 11:59 AM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Well this past week I ran into an issue on my pc,,,: ) my driver got updated somehow I didn't know but I was having major issues... Long story short I fixed it... I restored my CPU because I was having issues with the ATI Catalysts software was not able to uninstall it. Anyway I decided to force my PC to use quicklime as by default serato uses direct draw on windows along with that I installed the codecs(FFDShow
* Haali Media Splitter (MatroskaSplitter) My frame rate doubled after this when quicklime can't play a video it calls up whatever codecs you have. I almost always see MatoraskSplitter pop up all the time for a few seconds and then it goes away. For the record my wave forums were never choppy using directdraw ran smooth just ran about 30-36 frames per second but it ran so solid that I never explored other options.. Now im getting 60-70 this is even on hd videos which can put a strain on a cpu. I used fraps to record once I start recording it drop down to 30 when using hd videos... I guess my point is you might want to try it both ways. I am a pc guy so I know for a fact I should get better performance using a pc with direct draw but this was not the case this time..

I don't understand the link with what i was explaining. I was talking about the fact the GPU power here doesn't change much in the results on a PC. Plus if you have 70fps playing 2 hd videos with SV on a PC, i guess you don't have a laptop as there CPUs are not very powerful. Most of the dj who use Serato use for sure a laptop. All that to say that you're talking of anything else. You're comparing quicktime which is not well optimized on PC, with ffdshow which is an advanced video decoder on PC. Then you post is useless and selfish. It's because of posts like that that Serato don't see the urgence in developping GPU hardware acceleration.......it's sad........ you should start have a look on the internet about GPU hardware acceleration and the benefits. For exemple using Mirilis Action! which uses intel quick sync (gpu hardware acceleration) i can record my mix without loosing a SINGLE fps. In your case your CPU is so charged with SSL+SV that you loose half the FPS.
Funkytownstopsix 5:07 PM - 3 December, 2013
:) I was not disputing anything you said just telling you what I did after reading what was in this thread which was to test the opposite direction and share my findings. Sir I am using a laptop and a PC laptop at that. I have been using PC laptops since the plugin came out so they have always been powerful enough to run SV but they had to be configured to do so as well as have good hardware (you cant buy a walmart laptop and thinkd it will work).. I can see the fps while by clicking the dubug at which point all the info will be displayed on the screen As you stated quicktime is not optimized for PC I always knew this and that was the reason I stated above that I used directdraw because it was a PC besides most issues are OpenGL & Directdraw related on pc if you understand that they you have won half the battle. What I didn't know about quicktime is that it would pull codecs if it couldn't handle the video and use that codec to handle the video... Don't you think that's good information to share? I mean after all SV is truly optimized for quicktime so if you want it to run it's best why not try it....?

As far as me losing half the frames the reason is fraps records high quality, meaning a few minutes equal a few gigs of raw footage 3 minutes of recording is like 15 gig if your not using software to record you would not have any frames to drop but if you are using software you do understand that it takes up your resources. I lose no frames unless recording. If you need proof of any of this I could make you a video and post right here. I have no issue running my pc on the highest settings period runs it just like my mac. I only hate that I can't use ME to do my recording fraps is cool but ME is just plain better. As far as me being useless and selfish anytime anyone shares information that could possible help someone because as we all know not every PC is the same I don't see that as being selfish. Useless I won't address that I don't understand the hostility but hey it's your cake eat it...
Dj ListenDat 5:21 PM - 4 December, 2013
Try Mirillis Action! if you have i3,i5 or i7 processor.......it's not about quality it's just that you can't have a fluid video recording using the CPU as it is already used by SSL and SV.........Nvidia has also released a tool to record screen for GTX owner. It uses GPU as well.......video recording, encoding, decoding is nowadays optimized for using GPU to provide better performance
Dj ListenDat 5:25 PM - 4 December, 2013
People really have to understand about GPU hardware acceleration and its benefits. Please take time to have a look at intel quick sync
Funkytownstopsix 6:20 PM - 4 December, 2013
Quote:
Try Mirillis Action! if you have i3,i5 or i7 processor.......it's not about quality it's just that you can't have a fluid video recording using the CPU as it is already used by SSL and SV.........Nvidia has also released a tool to record screen for GTX owner. It uses GPU as well.......video recording, encoding, decoding is nowadays optimized for using GPU to provide better performance

Honstely my videos come out looking just like they were played but if I can have less strain while recording then I will Try Mirillis out it seems to be pretty sweet comparied to fraps and cheaper... I use a i7 quad core I think 2.8 in my PC laptop so we will see...
DJ genuwine 6:44 AM - 13 December, 2013
DJ ListenDat,

I have followed directions to the "T" and LAV filters are running on my laptop with no issues. But the off centered videos are annoying. I before installing LAV never had any issues running SL or SV. But following your threads thought I wanted to be running at the best optimization possible. I own a ASUS G73S..Win 7 with Nvida Geforce GTX 460M Cuda 1.5GB..I replaced the Hard Drive with an SSD drive and have two 1TB drives installed internally one replacing the DVD tray with all videos/music. I am curious if I should just restore back to before the LAV setup being I didn't have issues ("yet")..Or should I keep running LAV I get 80FPS running now no problems except the off center videos... I have seriously considered going MAC but I have lots of money tied up in equipment...Started video on Pioneer DVJs and DJM800 before SL..Now own an SL3 a Rane 62 and Pioneer DDJ-SX.. If Mac is the way to go for stability than I will dump the money. But my PC is stripped to just DJ no excess programs..But if the best I can get is off centered videos I feel I am not giving my customers the best product..Is there a solution or a work around? Thank you all your posts going back to 2012 were good reads on the LAV filters.
DJ genuwine 6:46 AM - 13 December, 2013
Sorry I have an I7 processor too.
Dj ListenDat 1:42 PM - 13 December, 2013
My advice for Lav filters is to obtain the best performance. However, if with whatever other solution you have good results that work well for you, definately stick to it.

I remember i had problems as well with video not centered. I took a long time to realise it was due to bad aspect ratio. SV + Lav video seemed not to handle correctly some of my 720x480 video (3:2 AR). I had to convert all of those video to 16:9 AR (640x360). I used handbrake quicksync. No loss in audio/video and quick as f***
I can't run SV with ffdshow as when i play 2 HD videos at the same time, i have bad FPS as the CPU is too charged. Plus as i record my mix with the same computer, i have to relax the CPU. Hopefully Lav helps to do so.

Again if FFDSHOW our whatever else works well for you don't change anything
Dj ListenDat 1:46 PM - 13 December, 2013
i took time to reproduce the issue but then figured that it was when i was going from 16:9 AR to 3:2 AR or the contrary. I realized it was old school videos that i had problems with. Finally converted all the 720x480 to 640x360 with handbrake using quicksync. It's really very fast thanks to quick sync
DJ genuwine 2:43 PM - 13 December, 2013
I have Handbrake with the serato preset which I used when originally converting my collection.. Is there another setting. I see there is a update but nothing about a serato preset... Again Thank You..
Funkytownstopsix 2:54 PM - 13 December, 2013
Quote:
DJ ListenDat,

I have followed directions to the "T" and LAV filters are running on my laptop with no issues. But the off centered videos are annoying. I before installing LAV never had any issues running SL or SV. But following your threads thought I wanted to be running at the best optimization possible. I own a ASUS G73S..Win 7 with Nvida Geforce GTX 460M Cuda 1.5GB..I replaced the Hard Drive with an SSD drive and have two 1TB drives installed internally one replacing the DVD tray with all videos/music. I am curious if I should just restore back to before the LAV setup being I didn't have issues ("yet")..Or should I keep running LAV I get 80FPS running now no problems except the off center videos... I have seriously considered going MAC but I have lots of money tied up in equipment...Started video on Pioneer DVJs and DJM800 before SL..Now own an SL3 a Rane 62 and Pioneer DDJ-SX.. If Mac is the way to go for stability than I will dump the money. But my PC is stripped to just DJ no excess programs..But if the best I can get is off centered videos I feel I am not giving my customers the best product..Is there a solution or a work around? Thank you all your posts going back to 2012 were good reads on the LAV filters.

Just a question do you have stretch enable in the SV video settings... I would do that before encoding videos... Yes a Mac is always the better option it will work right out the box, yet if you can run it with no issues on your pc why not. People are hung up on frames per second 30 is enough. I can run 2 hd videos with no issues at 60-70 fps what so ever on my i7 the only thing I can't do that I am trying to do is get action to work so I can see what all this hype is about. The good thing is your trying stuff out to see what will work best for you because every PC laptop is not the same. On Wednesday I installed the Lav codecs but did not force them to be the main codecs used but they are used almost every time still getting high fps no crashes went five hours playing old and new hd videos trying to make it crash.. I will try this out for a week or two before I try a new setup... Got a gig this weekend that will be about 6 hours. I will let you know how it goes. The worst thing I have had happen with this laptop is that the video would freeze at which point i would disable the plugin and enable it and it would continue working audio played the whole time. That was when I had my pc with direct show by default but since quicklime is my default I have not had a crash as such. Weird you would think it would be the other way around.....
DJ genuwine 3:13 PM - 13 December, 2013
Agreed... I have never had a crash running Video... Knock on wood... But wasn't the best showing... Yes I do have stretch enabled... Just when you get on the boards and start to read about Serato Dj not working well with PCs it makes you worried... Been using Serato Video/SL since it started always on a plane... First a Dell xps now the Asus... I have not had issues but trying to get ahead of them so to speak... I did do a five hour gig before Lav filters installed and right at end had a video freeze... Before this had some issues some videos playing wierd till exactly through the half way point then jumping to normal... I Amartya figured it was a low quality video... I have backed my library up to a external and was thinking about running some through Handbrake... Was curious about two things... One is quicksync different then the Serato preset... Also is there a program that will tell you the quality of the video... All mine say they are Mp4 but obviously some are better than others... As far as Mac.. Right now yes I could make that purchase but then it's the fact that it makes my phone basically useless to me and I would never get the money out that is put in... I know it's the nature of the beast but when all you see is 7.9s in the specs it makes it hard to eat... Going back to a standard Hd after Ssd.. Also make it hard because Lord knows an apple with a Ssd is like buying a car...
DJ genuwine 3:16 PM - 13 December, 2013
Sorry... During this from phone so some misspellings... Most words should be PC.... Lol from my Android phone...
Funkytownstopsix 3:22 PM - 13 December, 2013
I fell Dj Genuwine....I purchased a PC to back up my mac but the GPU on the mac went out last week. I don't think I am having the center problems but I am using a diffrent video card I think.. Mine is an ATI... You are correct I love those hd videos and trust me they are noticable.My wife came up while I was playing an hd vid the next video was not she asked if something was wrong with my program because that looked like trash. LOL... funny thing is what she is saying is true. I have been looking on ebay and found a guy selling refurbished 17in for $$1600 cool thing about them is they come with final cut and a bunch of other software with a year warrenty. I will most likely buy one..Not that bad for peace of mind... My pc is good though but I still need a back up to it.
Funkytownstopsix 3:25 PM - 13 December, 2013
One more thing that might make a diffrence. I remember when I was using external drives SV crashed a lot. My laptop has a second hardrive bay so I installed a 2tb drive once I did that the crashes stopped.
DJ genuwine 4:13 PM - 13 December, 2013
All my drives are internal...
Funkytownstopsix 9:14 PM - 13 December, 2013
Genuwine if you have quictime you can play the video and hit control i I stand for info... Works on PC just as it does on mac. You could also try this mediaarea.net then you can right click on video and it will give you info such as this
General
Complete name : C:\Documents and Settings\BOP21837\Desktop\Nerdy white kid KILLS Look at Me Now (Mac Lethal) CLEAN.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42
File size : 7.02 MiB
Duration : 2mn 26s
Overall bit rate : 402 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2011-12-01 00:44:54
Tagged date : UTC 2011-12-01 00:44:54
gsst : 0
gstd : 146586
gssd : B4A7D0325HH1372458337855662
gshh : r19---sn-q4f7dnly.c.youtube.com

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Baseline@L3.0
Format settings, CABAC : No
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 307 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 683 Kbps
Width : 480 pixels
Height : 360 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 30.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.059
Stream size : 5.36 MiB (76%)

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 92.1 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 145 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 1.61 MiB (23%)
Title : IsoMedia File Produced by Google, 5-11-2011
Encoded date : UTC 2011-12-01 00:44:54
DJ genuwine 1:00 AM - 14 December, 2013
First... Thank you both for your help...
Dj Listendat.. You are right on about mostly it is my older videos their AV is 640x480..my question is what settings do I put in handbrake... I have tried ipod setting which allows me to change the AV but it just shrinks the whole video... I just want the settings because it seems to be an easy fix... Thank you again... I spent time at the Apple store today 2500 is tuff to swallow lol...
Dj ListenDat 3:25 PM - 15 December, 2013
Quote:
I have Handbrake with the serato preset which I used when originally converting my collection.. Is there another setting. I see there is a update but nothing about a serato preset... Again Thank You..

No need of Serato preset. Just need the last handbrake with Intel Quick Sync support. In the video tab select "H264 (Intel QSV)" as video codec to ensure the use and crazy speed of intel quicksync. Set the profile to high 4.1 if it is HD video (but if i were you i would test and compare with the default (main) cause i don't think the result is that different as the video clips don't have a deep visual quality as movies can. Then just resize to an 16:9 AR
Funkytownstopsix 2:41 PM - 16 December, 2013
ListenDat you are correct they need to fix this issue and all issue related to PC. If it can work in virtual dj with no issue why not serato dj. It's sad to say but I think I will be switching to Virtual DJ for my pc.. To many issues to be dealing with serato video.
Dj ListenDat 2:14 PM - 17 December, 2013
Quote:
ListenDat you are correct they need to fix this issue and all issue related to PC. If it can work in virtual dj with no issue why not serato dj. It's sad to say but I think I will be switching to Virtual DJ for my pc.. To many issues to be dealing with serato video.

When Serato made ScratchLive they made an outstanding product. The became famous thanks to that. But the reality is that it's a little enterprise. There are not many developers. VDJ seem to have more PC geeks. Here when i first talk about GPU hardware acceleration, nobody knew what i was talking about. The problem is that since a few years, EVERY SINGLE video program use that to give better performance as the CPU can't handle everything. I remember when the DVD were release, on the first PC that could handle it, you needed to have a video card that could decode the video otherwise it was laggy. Then they introduce DXVA.........VDJ has been using DXVA for years and years. Serato was first made for MAC. In that environement the graphic part was already well optimized that other things was not needed to have good results. I went on the MAC forum and Quicktime forum and saw how it was hard to reach an expert that could understand what i want to explain. Cause it's the same problem now on MAC. The latest models with intel i series processors or Haswell support Intel quick sync which is the present and future for video encoding/decoding but there is nothing developed on Apple size neither to support it.......... anyway........i had exchanges with Serato staff and i think they now will consider gpu hardware acceleration for the future version. Perhaps we may have another year to wait but when it's released it will be ok. On my side i'm just hoping the last VDJ will give strong performance with timecode and stability. If it's the case i'll move to VDJ
Funkytownstopsix 2:43 PM - 17 December, 2013
A year maybe too late...!!!!! Sad in my case as I don't like being forced to buy a Mac for peace of mind for a product that says it should work on a PC and does not. I am looking into VDJ I already own serato at least VDJ will give me the peace of mind that Serato can't give me I would give the moneyto serato but they don't want it they are fine with us giving to VDJ.
DJ genuwine 3:29 PM - 17 December, 2013
So...I actually picked up a 2013 15"Macbook Pro with Retina Intel I7 16 Gb ram...Nvidia 650M and Intel 4000 raphics cards... from a kid who was in Dire straights...It is a nice unit but no storage for the 1TB of Video library I have.. It only has a 256SSD...But all the other major upgrades...He paid 3400$ for it ..I got it for 800$...But still hate thinking playing off an external pain in the a##...So two questions for you both...Is it true that SDJ is 64 bit for Mac and not PC?? I have not got a straight answer anywhere on any forum. I thought they were both..SSL and SDJ 32 Bit progams...Also DJ Listendat...Handbrake when loading (which is now awesome with the batch loading one click...Memories of all the work I did encoding my promo collection). I followed your above directions only confusion do I need to go in the picture tab and change the AR to 640/360...I have only been able to do this under the ipod setting which allows me to change AR. Just want to make sure not to run batches of bad vids...Funny I now own a Macbook and still want to use PC...I don't know what advantages there are to Macbook unless it's 64bit.. Since installing Lav filters only issue is off center vids...Other than that Quality is beautiful and I can hit 80fps with two vids at times... Dj Listendat... Serato needs to send you a check for keeping us PC guys with there product...If VDJ didn't seem more like a lower grade program i would also consider the switch..I have it and Traktor on PC just not really interested ...YET...
Dj ListenDat 5:54 PM - 17 December, 2013
Yes put the resolution you want in Picture TAB ;)

Most of the dj video website don't offer HD. HD by definition is 720p......they offer 640x360....it's ok.......so yes you can use that. I would make a try first before batch on one file to see the result.... ;)
Dj ListenDat 5:57 PM - 17 December, 2013
Regarding this discussion, if i were VDJ or MixEmergency, i would have made lots of effort to make the bests produce so that people don't consider Serato as a standard for professional djs anymore.......Regarding the check, think that even to have this post sticky so that people with PC could find quickly support, i had to s*** their d*** to have it. And it was just for helping people.........as everything works fine for me so i could have just done my stuff and say "if it doesn't work for other djs it's a good thing for my personnal dj business"........don't say that to have flowers but just to express my frustration regarding SV and the staff here...........
Funkytownstopsix 6:49 PM - 17 December, 2013
Well on my mac that use to do video :) which now can't... I have always used externals never stored anything on the mac... There are a few option and that's to replace your dvd drive with a hard drive bay. You could also upgrade your hard drive to 1.5tb or 2tb but be sure before you buy any internal drive that it will fit in your laptop. If you do use external hopefully firewire 800 or usb3 which is suppose to be faster than 800. As far as your question about the mac being 64 bit I never even thought to look into that. I do know it's not in windows which restricts memory resources.
DJ genuwine 7:38 PM - 17 December, 2013
Thanks again.. I forgot about Mix emergency I guess now being a macbook owner I can look into that..I will continue to use my PC comfort-ability..Macbook can be back up until my hand is forced I suppose... Funky... I have used externals before and have four around two with back ups to everything...The NEW macbook apple thought it was best to not include a DVD drive lol...Takes that option off the table actually it is how I added to my ASUS... It has three USB 3.0 ports and Two extremely expensive Thunderbolt ports...Which without using SSD in the external you don't even get the advantage of using it...Being I am streaming I will experiment with 3.0 USB..Being I use to use a 2.0 should not be a problem...Also ran a few vids through Handbrake...Love that speed lol less than a minute...They re sized out and and now no more off centers...DJ Listendat you need to put a donation promt I have read almost all of your threads back to 2012...Thank You for improving my product...Thank you both as well!!
Funkytownstopsix 7:51 PM - 17 December, 2013
You will have to hack to get serato to work with me. Me is much more fun than serato video plus you can record the only downside to me is that it only records what you are doing not the actual video it goes back and pulls it from your hard drive and converts it after the fact... Which means more time to convert.
Funkytownstopsix 2:40 PM - 20 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I'm using Avermedia Gamer Portable recorder. It does the job perfectly.

Say how you like your Game Portable... I got one on the way really not for recording my mixes but for recording stuff off of tv..I tried Action and am Having the hardest time getting it to work. Game portable has not stress on the cpu at all so I am kinda hyped to mess with it.
DJ TLS 8:06 PM - 21 December, 2013
I have done everything in the tutorial but the LAV decoders will not show the 720p videos. All the SD version play fine but I get a black screen for all the HD videos. Do I need ffdshow installed as well as LAV like it says on the other website? Are there any settings that I need to change? When I install the LAV splitter do I only check off x64?

Thank you in advance!

Windows 7 64-bit
i7-2640M @ 2.8GHz
6GB Ram
ATI AMD Radeon HD 7650M 1GB
Scratchlive 2.5 w/ Video 1.1
DJ TLS 8:52 PM - 21 December, 2013
Fixed!

I changed from DXVA2CB to DXVA2 Native. All the videos are playing at 80 fps in HD!

Thank you!
Dj ListenDat 2:57 PM - 22 December, 2013
Quote:
Fixed!

I changed from DXVA2CB to DXVA2 Native. All the videos are playing at 80 fps in HD!

Thank you!

Glad to hear :-) very good fps :-)
Funkytownstopsix 3:42 PM - 23 December, 2013
Heres another good source of info... imouto.my
Funkytownstopsix 3:52 PM - 23 December, 2013
imouto.my the pdf is better...
DJ genuwine 8:35 PM - 30 December, 2013
I figured I would update and get thoughts on what I am doing..I went through my whole video library and dumped what videos I never ever touched. Now I am running my whole library through handbrake. I have seen significant differences in file sizes which is good. I am doing this to rid myself of the off centered issues. I have chosen to do whole library for ease I won't have to check each one. I am running handbrake at H264 I had to run custom on the AR 640x360 …Width set on 640 and PAR Width and Par Height both on 1..I set audio on 320 but the videos are coming out much higher in the 500 range..I have the setting on side on High profile…Under video I have checked optimize video and under advanced changed reference frames to 4..I also have cropping on automatic with all set to 0…I did some tests ran videos out of sera to and the off center issues are gone…I have started with a small batch but want to do whole library…So questions…1. Is this a bad idea? (being some videos are already 640x360) again with large library it saves BOAT loads trying to identify videos. 2. If there are other setting in handbrake that are better what are they? I have made no permanent changes for fear of doing things wrong. I am working all off of copies of library..But love the idea of cutting my 1tb in half…Thanks to all…
Dj ListenDat 2:17 PM - 31 December, 2013
in terms of visual quality recompressing won't change anything. I've already tried to compress at same format and couldn't see any loss with my eyes or ears. try with one before if you want to test. It's a good idea as you won't have centering issue anymore.

In handbrake, if you have intel i3 or i5 or i7 or Haswall (quicksynk) you'd better used "H264 QSV". It will be LOT MORE FASTER at same quality.

cheers
DJ genuwine 4:35 PM - 31 December, 2013
I did run just H264 and it was flying I just left on the constant quality... As it was going I checked on video.. Morris Day and the Time.. It was off center to the left normally after just H264 it remained off to left... Went back changed to settings above now runs full screen... I also when running H264 had audio dropping down... I would LOVE to just use the settings and run it.. Maybe I am doing something wrong... I hate to ask but please tell me what you check when running a video through? I would love to go back to that speed it was doing a video a min or less... I have a I7 processor so that is no issue and as always Thank you!
DJ genuwine 5:15 PM - 31 December, 2013
Alright I am at a loss... I ran a video that was 640x480 that constantly has black bar to left through handbrake.. Tried ipod and universal making the size 640 x 360..left all else alone.. Came out 640x360 but video runs black bar on top and side now... I tried both large file size and Web optimized same thing?
DJ genuwine 5:49 PM - 31 December, 2013
Did same video with the settings I was first using... Took alot longer to run but now perfectly fits screen... Dumbfounded
SDJS 7:14 AM - 7 January, 2014
you know what finally worked for me......i had all these problems and more with headaches galore trying to fix this, then i got a macbook pro for christmas...... grass started growing again, the sun started shining and i haven't had a single problem with any video as it works flawless with serato dj, video and ddjsx. i could not believe it. my recommendation, find a way, anyway and get a macbook pro.
DJ genuwine 4:21 PM - 7 January, 2014
I own a Mac Book Pro 15" SSD 16GB memory and Nvidia 650M graphics card as I have previously stated above...I even have a 4TB thunderbolt drive. But even with that it does not come close to matching the speed of my Asus. Plus all drives on ASUS are internal with 2..1TB drives just for video and music. With the C drive also being solid state.. I have ran both and yep the apple runs the videos fine. But at the expense of CPU which if I am doing a large show can result in eventual failure. Actually had SSL crash while loading and anaylizing my library which was interesting my windows PC has never done this. I actually had no issues before installing LAV filters. My goal is to give the best product to my customer. Running LAV reduced the load on my CPU and while running two HD videos at the same time was clocking 84FPS...The apple by comparison was getting 29....Also the apple was damn hot as hell on a crane stand...I carry both with me to shows but the ASUS was always the first choice...No need to hook up a brick external drive.. I had no issues before installing LAV filters on ASUS I was just looking to improve performance...I will prob. just uninstall and return to the normal codec pack.. But in truth a quality PC can blow an Apple away...
DJ_Damien 6:58 PM - 7 January, 2014
Quote:
I had no issues before installing LAV filters on ASUS I was just looking to improve performance...I will prob. just uninstall and return to the normal codec pack.. But in truth a quality PC can blow an Apple away...

Can you tell me what codec pack did you use prior to LAV filters?
As I am looking for one that will enable HW decoding but not crash every half an hour as LAV filters do.
Dj ListenDat 8:22 AM - 8 January, 2014
only lav will give HW decoding on a PC with SV.

Get a MAC if you can or try to have only 16:9 videos coming from legit sources. That's only like that you will ensure SV to work correctly on a PC
DJ genuwine 5:19 PM - 8 January, 2014
It unfortunately is true off center issues and size issues correlate with any videos that are not 16:9. Most of my older videos that are 4:3 still have issues. I originally had the serato recommended codecs but as stated by DJ ListenDat Serato Video does not support them... I have now decided to make my MacBook my first choice and sadly my PC the back up...I spent two weeks of no sleep running videos through Handbrake and dumping videos...I still have issues with the PC...I can do the work around of loading a 16:9 video in before a problem video and it works but not worth the effort...It is a shame...But been talking to inklin and it looks as if ME will work now with Serato...So needless to say I will make the switch to Mac...Some will say I have seen the light I suppose but I feel more you get your hand forced if you want to run with no worries..
Dj ListenDat 10:42 PM - 8 January, 2014
true
DJ BIGyoks 1:02 AM - 14 January, 2014
Did anyone have a problem when buying serato video online and not receiving their key right away? its been three days and i haven't received my key but serato sure did charge my account already!!!
Code:E 1:09 AM - 14 January, 2014
Quote:
Did anyone have a problem when buying serato video online and not receiving their key right away? its been three days and i haven't received my key but serato sure did charge my account already!!!

I hear this all the time like 15 times a week. Usually its peoples junk mail filter, either way your serial is instantly viewable in "Your Profile"
DJ BIGyoks 1:11 AM - 14 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I hear this all the time like 15 times a week. Usually its peoples junk mail filter, either way your serial is instantly viewable in "Your Profile"

You told me the same thing on another discussion i opened and i told you its not in my junk mail as ive been checking it since i made the purchase and second off I've gone to my profile and its not there.
DJ genuwine 11:37 AM - 14 January, 2014
DJ Code:E,

I have recently made the switch over to Mac and purchased Mix Emergency. I have a Apple Ipad Air and would love to incorporate it by using it as a Midi to control ME and Serato. I saw your name on the ME sight asking about presets and building within a midi app such as OSC. I was wondering if you have and use the Ipad and if so have you built templates and seen success with them? Also are you willing to share if so I would love to bring my Ipad into play as a touch Midi. No one around me does Video to the extent I have from the DVJs to now and my genre is mostly Hip hop being my location but would love the ease of a touch controller that adds to the show.
Code:E 1:07 AM - 15 January, 2014
Quote:
I have recently made the switch over to Mac and purchased Mix Emergency.

Wonderful.... Welcome to the dark side. We have Cake :)

Quote:
I have a Apple Ipad Air and would love to incorporate it by using it as a Midi to control ME and Serato.

Even Better. Great Idea.
Keep drinking the apple juice.
Quote:
. I saw your name on the ME sight asking about presets and building within a midi app such as OSC. I was wondering if you have and use the Ipad and if so have you built templates and seen success with them?

Well I asked and found not a single person willing to share there template. So I made my own and posted it for free download. Its not amazing, but it should give you some Ideas on what you can do. Go here click on Mix Emergecy maps.djtechtools.com
DJ genuwine 7:53 PM - 15 January, 2014
@Code:E...The dark side it is...Hell I am even trading my Galaxy S4 for a Iphone5...I must say ME is pretty bad a**. I have been messing with every feature I can get my hands on in my home studio with SSL. I have not even attempted this yet with my SX. Having a hard time walking away from My CDJs and DVJs with my Rane 62. But the Ipad from what I have seen could save me some more $$. I have a Akai LPD 8 just laying around I mapped some basics just to get by until I get this up and running. I ordered a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 to do some live feeds. I will spend this weekend getting the live twitter feeds worked out. Got most of the new transitions posted need to get them in ME. Then I just need to find a source for Quartz files and play with that. I guess I hate to admit it but the last 9+ years on a PC was good. But ME is making this Mac better by the second.. Big ups on sharing the mapping I tried to find it on tech tools last night. All I found was Traktor mapping I found a few posts referring to you with your setup. Very Impressive!! Thanks Again....And to clarify my PC is not going anywhere its a powerful machine and I can see incorporating it running other programs..and one must always have backup..Not just a phone with a plug!!
Code:E 9:25 PM - 15 January, 2014
Quote:
.Hell I am even trading my Galaxy S4 for a Iphone5...

Make sure its a 5s

Quote:
Big ups on sharing the mapping I tried to find it on tech tools last night. All I found was Traktor mapping I found a few posts referring to you with your setup

When you goto the mapping page theres a drop down menu for software. Mix Emergency is in the list and mine is the only one on there, it should be real easy to find.
Deejay Rudeboy 12:08 AM - 16 January, 2014
Hey listendat my computer is a core i5 2.8 ghz with amd 6370 with windows 7 64 bit service pack 1 I have tried the LAV filters bt I havnt seen any improvement with the fps... Still getting 20-30 instead of above 50... What could I be doing wrong?
Dj ListenDat 10:50 AM - 16 January, 2014
Quote:
Hey listendat my computer is a core i5 2.8 ghz with amd 6370 with windows 7 64 bit service pack 1 I have tried the LAV filters bt I havnt seen any improvement with the fps... Still getting 20-30 instead of above 50... What could I be doing wrong?

Did you set DXVA2 (try native or copyback and see the best works for you) as hardware acceleration ? Are you sure lav video is the default h264 codec set on your PC ? (use win7dsfilter to check it)
Deejay Rudeboy 8:36 PM - 16 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Did you set DXVA2 (try native or copyback and see the best works for you) as hardware acceleration ? Are you sure lav video is the default h264 codec set on your PC ? (use win7dsfilter to check it)

Listen Dat i have done so let me get you the screen shots... i noticed something peculiar about this fps issue.
i noticed that when i resize my serato video window to around 940x508 the fps is around 40 and when i resize it to the lowest
i.e 109x41 the fps moves to around 50.when i minimise the serato window video it has an output resolution of 157x2 and the fps
shoots to 70. when i pause the video it reaches upto a maximum of 83 fps. why is it doing that? i have
followed everything that you have written but the fps has not gotten any better and i want it to reach
at least 60fps for even smash vision and xtendamix videos. my quality is set to high
3:40 AM, 17 Jan 2014
Deejay Rudeboy attached a file: screen shot serato.jpg
View· Permalink
Dj ListenDat 10:24 AM - 17 January, 2014
weird i can't see the picture
Dj ListenDat 10:26 AM - 17 January, 2014
regarding the FPS it's normal it increases when the resolution is lower.

The more the resolution is high the more it requires performance so the lower the FPS will be. I don't know if you've ever played games on a computer but it works the same. At higher resolution the FPS is lower as it stresses the system more and ask more power. That is why 1080p video isn't recommanded with SV as playing to 1920x1080 videos is too much to get a good FPS.
Dj ListenDat 10:30 AM - 17 January, 2014
I have a geforce 620m so we should get globally the same results :
gpuboss.com

Can you upload the screenshot of the lav video configuration and the one of serato video ?
Dj ListenDat 10:35 AM - 17 January, 2014
can you also tell me about your RAM and if it is stock
Deejay Rudeboy 5:59 PM - 18 January, 2014
i have 6 gb of ram..... i upgraded it when i bought my computer. i dont know why the picture aint showing
5:59 PM, 18 Jan 2014
Deejay Rudeboy attached a file: screen shot serato.jpg
View· Permalink
6:02 PM, 18 Jan 2014
Deejay Rudeboy attached a file: serato vid.png
View· Permalink
Code:E 6:21 PM - 18 January, 2014
because the that upload picture tool is locked to serato mods to see and view, its not for us users to use.
Deejay Rudeboy 10:57 PM - 18 January, 2014
ok then lemmie try post them on twitter and give you guys the links coz i dont hav any other image sharing sites
Deejay Rudeboy 11:30 PM - 18 January, 2014
Deejay Rudeboy 11:32 PM - 18 January, 2014
Dj ListenDat 12:47 PM - 19 January, 2014
Thanks for the screenshot. Everything seems good.

However i have a question. When you upgraded your RAM, are you sure you pick a same frequency model with same voltage than stock one ?

I had upgraded my 4 go RAM to 10 go when bought my new computer. However i had lower FPS than before althouh my CPU and RAM where more powerful. I couldn't understand why untill i saw with HWINFO that i wasn't going 1600 MHZ RAM. The new one wasn't the same type so it was underclocked by the motherboard. My framerate was divided by 2 ! So be careful to check well which RAM you have stock (things like PC12800 CAS9) and assure the new one is same type. Check the frequency with HWINFO and ensure it's not underclocked as the motherboard adjust to the lower frequency RAM when you have multiple
Dj ListenDat 12:57 PM - 19 January, 2014
ps : CPU-Z can give you this information as well. For information if you have a PC12800 for example (running at 1600 MHZ) it is normal to see 800 Mhz as it is DDR (DOUBLE Data Rate)
Deejay Rudeboy 3:36 PM - 19 January, 2014
Wow listendat that's some powerful info ryt there. For sure the 2 gb ram I added has a frquency of 1333mhz yl the 4gb has 1600 mhz. It has never occured to me that this would bring an issue... So what do I do?
Deejay Rudeboy 3:37 PM - 19 January, 2014
Or maybe I stick to 4gb ram I remove the 2?
Dj ListenDat 10:15 AM - 20 January, 2014
Quote:
Wow listendat that's some powerful info ryt there. For sure the 2 gb ram I added has a frquency of 1333mhz yl the 4gb has 1600 mhz. It has never occured to me that this would bring an issue... So what do I do?

I think that's the point !! I had this problem ! I had asked help on the notebookreview forum after having seen that it whouldn't change a lot in terms of performance. However it did ! When i replaced the RAM with another one that was matching the specs of the stock one, i saw the FPS doubled !!! If your PC is used only to run SV honestly i think 4 Gigs it's enough. I have 10 Gigs and when i'm mixing and have a look at the RAM usage, SSL + SV don't exceed 800 Mo as the GPU video memory is used thanks to LAV Video Decoder.

Let me know how it went by removing the slower RAM
Funkytownstopsix 2:03 AM - 21 January, 2014
postimg.org

Say Listen Dat.... I noticed he had frame blending and v sync enabled is that required by lav codecs. I have never checked those in my settings as it was to my understanding that it would put more stress on the computer..... tell me your thoughts.
Deejay Rudeboy 5:35 AM - 21 January, 2014
Ok listen dat will do so and let you know thanks a lot for the advice
Dj ListenDat 1:54 PM - 21 January, 2014
Quote:
postimg.org

Say Listen Dat.... I noticed he had frame blending and v sync enabled is that required by lav codecs. I have never checked those in my settings as it was to my understanding that it would put more stress on the computer..... tell me your thoughts.

It does put more stress in fact but on my configuration i can leave it enable and gave good performance
Deejay Rudeboy 4:27 PM - 21 January, 2014
Hey listendat I realised that my 4gb ram has a frequency of 1333 mhz n the 2gb had a frequency of 1000mhz. Now my frame rate is above 50 with ocassional drops to 40
I unchecked vsync and frame blending and its reaching 60
Dj ListenDat 4:34 PM - 21 January, 2014
Hey hey :-D that's good news !!!!
Funkytownstopsix 5:30 PM - 21 January, 2014
Quote:
Hey listendat I realised that my 4gb ram has a frequency of 1333 mhz n the 2gb had a frequency of 1000mhz. Now my frame rate is above 50 with ocassional drops to 40
I unchecked vsync and frame blending and its reaching 60

Frame rate goes up because you have less stress but to be honest even if your getting frames per second the human eye wouldn't know the diffrence between 40 and 25 fps.. So what I am saying 40 is good 25 is good only thing that matters is the quilaty of the output or if you computer can handle it.
Deejay Rudeboy 7:07 PM - 21 January, 2014
Listendat thanks a lot u a life saver man I really appreciate your efforts in improving the lives of pc users.

Funkytowntopsix I need a higher frame rate so that I can be able to record using mirillis, as of now its still lagging a lot...

2morro I'm gonna go to the club an try to record a video mix. I'll keep you guys posted.
Funkytownstopsix 8:09 PM - 21 January, 2014
You could get it to work Mirrillis that is,,,, I couldn't get it to work at all as far as my recordings.... I purchased a game pro portable for recording on my pc and I must say I love it. It records to an SD card without aid of the pc (avi or MP4 good quailty)... Sweet!!!! on Mac I use ME no better way do it. : ) I have so many ways to record I don't know what to do... But the Game Portable is the best all around option because it will record the out put and it's small. I would never record at a gig on PC been there done that I would be careful about that if I were you it's a setup for a crash. Good luck..
Dj ListenDat 9:33 PM - 21 January, 2014
When you record with mirillis use Quicksync it shouldn't take more than 1 fps or your framerate. Also be careful of where you're recording. Sometime the speed for example of a usb flash key can be a bottleneck if it's not fast enough. I would advice you to record on your hardrive or on a usb 3.0 fast drive

Again Using Intel Quick Sync for your recording with Mirillis shouldn't affect the performance. They REALLY did a goog job in terms of enhancement
Deejay Rudeboy 4:00 AM - 22 January, 2014
Listendat I don't have quicksync... My processor is the old i5 I think
Deejay Rudeboy 5:11 AM - 22 January, 2014
Listendat I have an out of topic question here... My laptop came with a 500gb hard disk and its full of videos... I'm not a fun of external harddisks coz I'm careless with them and they also increase usb latency leading to usb dropouts... Can I upgrade my internal to 1tb? Wat are the best specifications for the hard disk?

Sometyms I use linux and I saw it can copy windows files... Can I copy everything into my new hard disk and then repair the boot manager or I have to install again windows? And if so which is the best windows, 7 or 8.1? Thanx
Deejay Rudeboy 5:14 AM - 22 January, 2014
Funtowntopsix here in Kenya we I have not heard of such devices and this computer things are really expensive and the work that we do we do it for survival. That's y I'm hustlin to get my pc to do the work
Dj ListenDat 10:58 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Listendat I don't have quicksync... My processor is the old i5 I think

Too bad :(. I know it is optimized for CUDA (nvidia) and QS (intel). Without that i fear you won't be able to get good performance. On my side i even don't have to use the QS i can use CUDA and even if SV is operating 2 videos it records without affecting the FPS. The only solution in your case would be to record with an external device i guess (unless you ask on the mirilis forum if there is a way to use DXVA which is compatible with your GPU to record. Ask on the forum if there are any optimisation for AMD GPU)

If you buy a new disk you should definitely install fresh windows on it. WIN7 or WIN8 but not 8.1 yet. You just need a 7200 RPM (not 5400). If i were you i would have bought a 256 SSD as you get some at 120 euros now and a fast USB3 external drive like that one www.01net.com. That's what i have and no lag at all !

But the 1to remains a good solution but just ensure you by a fast one. Seek the internet for some comparative review
Funkytownstopsix 3:45 PM - 22 January, 2014
gamerzone.avermedia.com

This might cost too much for you don't know but if you don't like that option you could always buy a dvd recorder to record your sets although it's big it's still is a good option that does not stress your cpu. Listen Dat gave you some soild advice on hard drives always go with the best but for the record my macbook pros uses 5400 drives with no issue. Also if you upgrade be sure that the the hardrive will fit in your laptop some 7200 will not fit in most laptops also be aware that it will cause a little more heat. If you decide to use an exteral if you don't have usb 3 which I am sure you don't then I would do Esata or firewire 800 on pc via the pci card slot that you might have. I use all of these to do video from time to time all work well except usb 2 it would work but large vide files it would struggle causing lag. MY PC Laptop has a 5400 and a 7200 on the 7200 it was a very tight fit so be sure to know the size of your bay.
Deejay Rudeboy 12:28 PM - 23 January, 2014
Thanx funtowntopsix and listendat, I have resolved to sell my pc and get a better one. I'm not taking chances with the new technology that's being produced daily
Deejay Rudeboy 2:32 AM - 7 February, 2014
Quick question any thoughts on grand vj for pc?
Code:E 7:23 AM - 7 February, 2014
Quote:
Quick question any thoughts on grand vj for pc?

I use it at my res what do you want to know. It works well on mid level laptops and om higher end PC towers that are 7 years old. But in the PC world (up until Grand VJ 2) you had no good mapping options (i never could figure out VPT). Also with no mapping you have no syphon. But other than that I found it works great.

I do look at Grand VJ as the Virtual DJ of the video world. It can be powerful but it used by a lot amateurs, which may give it a bad rep. But again it is still very powerful. I have since moved on to Resolume which works great on PC's also and it far more powerful and feature packed.
Deejay Rudeboy 8:53 AM - 7 February, 2014
Code E I would like to use either resolume or grand vj for video mixing and also incorporate serato video with other videos like animations(3d moving logos and better scrolling text capabilities and other animations) for a better experience in the club mixing. I would like to be better than the others in the video mixing world
Deejay Rudeboy 6:35 AM - 10 February, 2014
I used serato dj last nyt and the fps jumped to 60, and with scratchlive it was 35.... Very good achievement
Deejay Rudeboy 9:38 AM - 25 March, 2014
now that this new serato video has been launched im having major problems running it... listendat have you have come up with the right configuration to work with when using this version with serato dj? 1.6.1 and serato video1.2
Funkytownstopsix 9:25 PM - 28 March, 2014
yeah same for me.... i think i will play with it for a while if i cant get it I will go back to the old version.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 9:54 PM - 28 March, 2014
Hi Deejay Rudeboy,

If your machine has a discrete graphics card Nvidia/ATI then make sure you have added the new location of the Serato Video.exe to the list of preferred applications to use the high performance GPU and not the integrated GPU.

serato.com

I understand you have been using the LAV filters and FFDSHow but just for performance testing purposes have you tried using the bundled version of QuickTime and the Force QuickTime registry script which is located here; serato.com

What performance issues are you experiencing between Serato Video 1.1 and Serato Video 1.2 ?

The Serato Video Mix recording feature does require extra CPU relative to the Output Quality and Recording Quality options selected.

There should be no difference in video playback performance between these two versions of Serato Video.

I would set your Video Buffer up to 1GB, Output Quality to Best and Recording Quality to 480p for testing.

For reference when troubleshooting video playback performance you can enable the Serato Video Buffer View and also the Debug panel which details FPS, File SIze, Dropped Frames etc.

Setup > Expansion Packs > Serato Video > Info TAB

The Buffer View appears on your Output Window and visually displays buffered farmes around the playhead. Ideally this would be solid color if your video files have been encoded correctly and playback is smooth.

When using the Video Mix feature this is a good indicator if Read/Write speeds become an issue. There will be lines in the buffered zone indicating dropped frames during playback.
Funkytownstopsix 10:44 PM - 28 March, 2014
Tried the bundle I lose frames per second. Can you explain why the recording quality changes the frame per second even though not actually recording.
Deejay Rudeboy 3:31 AM - 29 March, 2014
Hey anthony
I have set my ati graphics card as the primary gpu card. As of now I would not like to touch anything with quicktime coz I think I have the best configuration with LAV which I'm using currently coz I'm getting extremely good fps the only thing I have to do is encode all my songs with quicktime for them to play very well with serato video. Bt b4 LAV I was using quicktime n it wasn't good I had given up on video mixing in windows n wanted to buy a mac bt LAV renewed my hopes...
N y did u guys not release a scratchlive update? I prefer scratchlive to serato dj coz of the many things u left out in serato dj which I believe are essential... In my view u would have tried to refine the scratchlive instead of making serato dj because some of us are not into controllers...
Deejay Rudeboy 3:36 AM - 29 March, 2014
N btw my serato video for serato dj is found in c>program files(x86)>serato>serato dj and not as previously stated
djkavika 7:02 AM - 29 March, 2014
I've spent too much time reading and trying to make this work on a PC. It should just work read every article and installed every codec to make it work. I honestly dont thing any PC say "it works" because Im sude they had to handbrake the entire library. What I know, 99.999% of my files work on a Mac. 70% work depending on what day it is, if I reboot or not. Most of PC friends that now own Mac believe Apple has something to do "Buy A Mac" and you can be a "Real DJ" because Windows sucks. Let me tell you this is the only program I have had this much trouble with. VirtualDJ, especially the video part of is so rock solid just that the scratching is so much better in Serato. Does Apple get money from Serato or what? Like posted before if you are going to sell something it for the most part should work, and it doesn't.
djkavika 7:06 AM - 29 March, 2014
I apologize for my spelling and punctuation as am I fucking pissed off!
DouggyFresh 8:33 AM - 31 March, 2014
I was hoping the latest update to SV 1.1 would fix the off-center issues. Unfortunately it hasn't. I noticed a few people say they re-encoded their library to one aspect ratio, but I believe (and maybe I'm wrong) but to take an already compressed video, decompress it, and recompress it is going to result in a loss of quality somewhere along the path.

I tried playing around with the LAV options again, with no luck. Any other ideas?
djkavika 8:37 AM - 31 March, 2014
There's no real config for lav filters to fix the issue. I set to use ffdshow, video flips upside down. Everything I try fixes one issue and causes 2 more issues. QuickTime shouldn't be used at all on a PC. Need a true directx decoder that uses true hardware decoding.

David
Funkytownstopsix 12:35 PM - 31 March, 2014
Quote:
Hi Deejay Rudeboy,

If your machine has a discrete graphics card Nvidia/ATI then make sure you have added the new location of the Serato Video.exe to the list of preferred applications to use the high performance GPU and not the integrated GPU.

serato.com

I understand you have been using the LAV filters and FFDSHow but just for performance testing purposes have you tried using the bundled version of QuickTime and the Force QuickTime registry script which is located here; serato.com

What performance issues are you experiencing between Serato Video 1.1 and Serato Video 1.2 ?

The Serato Video Mix recording feature does require extra CPU relative to the Output Quality and Recording Quality options selected.

There should be no difference in video playback performance between these two versions of Serato Video.

I would set your Video Buffer up to 1GB, Output Quality to Best and Recording Quality to 480p for testing.

For reference when troubleshooting video playback performance you can enable the Serato Video Buffer View and also the Debug panel which details FPS, File SIze, Dropped Frames etc.

Setup > Expansion Packs > Serato Video > Info TAB

The Buffer View appears on your Output Window and visually displays buffered farmes around the playhead. Ideally this would be solid color if your video files have been encoded correctly and playback is smooth.

When using the Video Mix feature this is a good indicator if Read/Write speeds become an issue. There will be lines in the buffered zone indicating dropped frames during playback.

MY issues was that it didn't work. The preview screens went green audio still played.I went back to lav filters only played for an hour worked well but when recording it says I was losing frames per second, it recorded the video no problem but it was over saturated. Also Serato needs to look at the recording quaility affecting the frames per second when not being recorded. It's like it's in recording mode at all times. I updated my LAV to the newest last night so I will test more tonight and share my findings.
Funkytownstopsix 12:44 PM - 31 March, 2014
Quote:
I was hoping the latest update to SV 1.1 would fix the off-center issues. Unfortunately it hasn't. I noticed a few people say they re-encoded their library to one aspect ratio, but I believe (and maybe I'm wrong) but to take an already compressed video, decompress it, and recompress it is going to result in a loss of quality somewhere along the path.

I tried playing around with the LAV options again, with no luck. Any other ideas?

Correct you will lose quality... Yet if I were you I would make a copy of two videos and re-ecode them just to see if it will work for you... Although you shouldn't need to and encoding a whole video libary could take some time not to mention every video you add you would have to re-encode that could be a major pain. I'm not so sure it's the videos. If you send me one of the videos I can test it on my PC and tell you if I get the same results.

My videos of all types and sizes I have been collecting since serato video came out back in the days where we had to rip them from promo only disk. Trust me at that time I knew nothing about video like I do now but all of them work and are not off centered. FYI you will lose quality but no so much as the eye can see in most cases.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 8:44 PM - 31 March, 2014
Hey Deejay Rudeboy,

Quote:
As of now I would not like to touch anything with quicktime coz I think I have the best configuration with LAV which I'm using currently coz I'm getting extremely good fps the only thing I have to do is encode all my songs with quicktime for them to play very well with serato video.

Ok, understood if the LAV Filters and FFDShow are giving you better results than QuickTime then so be it. There are mixed reports regarding the use of LAV filters and a number of Windows users are reporting better performance without using LAV filters.

If your video files were previously playing in Serato Video 1.1 and encoded correctly then there is no need to go and transcode your entire library as this will degrade the quality.

Quote:
N y did u guys not release a scratchlive update? I prefer scratchlive to serato dj coz of the many things u left out in serato dj which I believe are essential... In my view u would have tried to refine the scratchlive instead of making serato dj because some of us are not into controllers...

Scartch Live is no longer being developed and Serato DJ includes DVS support. We are working hard to bring across features from Scratch Live that are missing in Serato DJ for upcoming releases.
Funkytownstopsix 12:38 PM - 1 April, 2014
S Anthony!!!!!!

1. I lose 5 percent of my frames on recording no matter which settings I use what do you suggest?

2. Why does the recording size of the video affect the frames per second if not being recorded?

3. I have a dual graphics card the intel hd4000 and a 1 gig ati. I should be able to use either at this point am I correct?

4. Should I remove all codecs when using QuickTime as the default? I tried QuickTime and my video screens went green but lav was sitll on the cpu but QuickTime was the default.

5. Not sure if you know but ATI the catalyst has changed it's 3d settings is there a setting that may be changed to improve performance?

I have many more but we will start with these?
Dj ListenDat 1:06 PM - 1 April, 2014
Quote:

If you have intel i3,i5 or i7 CPU use handbrake to reencode your video with Intel Quick Sync option. It is truly fast. I reencode videos to 640x360 (16:9 AR) and it takes something like 15 seconds for a video. The off centered bug is happening with video that have AR SV don't like. reencode to 640x360 or 720p or 1080p with handbrake you wont' get any problem anymore
Dj ListenDat 1:12 PM - 1 April, 2014
Quote:
S Anthony!!!!!!

1. I lose 5 percent of my frames on recording no matter which settings I use what do you suggest?

2. Why does the recording size of the video affect the frames per second if not being recorded?

3. I have a dual graphics card the intel hd4000 and a 1 gig ati. I should be able to use either at this point am I correct?

4. Should I remove all codecs when using QuickTime as the default? I tried QuickTime and my video screens went green but lav was sitll on the cpu but QuickTime was the default.

5. Not sure if you know but ATI the catalyst has changed it's 3d settings is there a setting that may be changed to improve performance?

I have many more but we will start with these?

Guy understand that unless you have a CPU like i7 4770k, the best performance you'll get in SV will be by using GPU hardware acceleration to decode video. Cause this permit to release stress from CPU which is already hanging SeratoDJ and other tasks. If you have discrete GPU use it as it seems performance are better with discrete GPU cause the program is OPENGL and will give better results with the discrete GPU even if the video decoding is better with Quicksync in terms of ressource usage and performance in decoding itself. At the end using the discrete GPU with LAV FILTERS should give better results than using the iGPU.

So DON'T USE QUICKTIME. You won't be able to get good results as it doesn't use GPU at all !!!!!! So you'll get poorer results than using LAV
Dj ListenDat 1:16 PM - 1 April, 2014
Regarding the loss of quality, i can assure you that you won't be able to see the loss with you eyes and hears if you remain with files that are at least 640x360 and 320 kbps AAC. If you stay with at least that it will be ok. I mean if you recompress a 720p to 720p (using handbrake and quicksync) you won't see any difference. You start to see difference when you compress a file multiple time only when the file was very high quality before. But with video clips, the quality is never as impressive as a movie can be so don't worry you can recompress all your video library if necessary and won't see any difference

It's like everything. In theory there are lots of things that can happen. But in practice you seldom see differences.
Funkytownstopsix 3:39 PM - 1 April, 2014
Dj Listen Dat..... I have a 17 " HP Envy 17t-3200 2.3 i7 quad core Windows 7,1 Tb hardive and a 2tb hadive in second bay. 6gig or Ram with the ATI 7800M card that has 1g. For the record for me I am getting the best frames per second via lav but when I try to use quicktime it does not work at all.

1.6.1 is not giving me frames per second that the previous version gave me I know this is because of the recording feature. We need the ablity to turn that off... Also I am reading that some people are getting it to work with quicktime using pc and I wouldn't mind doing so as well... because I know by design it should work better all the way around using quicktime.
Dj ListenDat 5:22 PM - 1 April, 2014
Quicktime should in fact give better results as SV was designed to work with it but here this will suck the performance of you machine. Anyway if you want to get it work with quicktime i would advice you to use the force Quicktime reg present on the forum and also remove every codec that would be called when a H264 video is played cause perhaps it's this that prevent quicktime from working well. So remove every code you have.

Plus while i'm writing this, it came in my mind the force quicktime script may not be good anymore. In fact the newer version of SV have a new location. Or in the script :
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Serato\SeratoVideo]
"AlwaysUseQuickTime"=dword:00000001

Perhaps with the newer version the "AlwaysUseQuickTime"=dword:00000001 has to be somewhere else.........
Funkytownstopsix 6:07 PM - 1 April, 2014
Very good point!!!!!! Then I will use regedit to find it and be sure that it's changed, if not will do so manually. I will remove all codecs and test tonight, as of now green screen I never really had that happen before but before I didn't use lav either.
Funkytownstopsix 12:40 PM - 2 April, 2014
Well for the record the force quicktime script does work I excuted it while looking at it in regedit and it changed as it should. I removed all codec forced quicktime and it worked no green screen. Now my issue is the fps while playing one hd video no problem fps aveage 30+ but when playing 2 hd vids fps drop down to 11 per second. I am sad about this because quicktime gives me a better picture then lav. Last thing I checked was if I recorded what whould happen would I get the same loss of 5% of my frames while only playing one video!!!! I still had the same message.

Unless I am missing something as for as my ati card I don't think I will be able to use quicktime at this point. Everything worked so much better before 1.6.1. I will play around with my card settings and see if I can get any improvement if not back to lav.

Clearly I should be able to run this on my pc with these specs " HP Envy 17t-3200 2.3 i7 quad core Windows 7,1 Tb hardive and a 2tb hadive in second bay. 6gig or Ram with the ATI 7800M card that has 1g. I was able to before the update.... so I am :( right about not.. easy fix just downgrade...
Dj ListenDat 1:12 PM - 2 April, 2014
Quote:
Well for the record the force quicktime script does work I excuted it while looking at it in regedit and it changed as it should. I removed all codec forced quicktime and it worked no green screen. Now my issue is the fps while playing one hd video no problem fps aveage 30+ but when playing 2 hd vids fps drop down to 11 per second. I am sad about this because quicktime gives me a better picture then lav. Last thing I checked was if I recorded what whould happen would I get the same loss of 5% of my frames while only playing one video!!!! I still had the same message.

Unless I am missing something as for as my ati card I don't think I will be able to use quicktime at this point. Everything worked so much better before 1.6.1. I will play around with my card settings and see if I can get any improvement if not back to lav.

Clearly I should be able to run this on my pc with these specs " HP Envy 17t-3200 2.3 i7 quad core Windows 7,1 Tb hardive and a 2tb hadive in second bay. 6gig or Ram with the ATI 7800M card that has 1g. I was able to before the update.... so I am :( right about not.. easy fix just downgrade...

Perhaps you still hasn't understood that even if you have ATI 7800M you could have ATI 50000M with 10gb it would be the same. If the software can't use you GPU correctly it won't work fine ! Here the SV + Quicktime doesn't use your GPU to optimize video playing and recording. That's very simple ! Lav offers the possibility to use GPU to decode video thanks to DXVA. If you want to record without loosing FPS try Mirillis Action ! It uses Intel Quicksync so you won't have ANY loss of FPS
Funkytownstopsix 1:19 PM - 2 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Perhaps you still hasn't understood that even if you have ATI 7800M you could have ATI 50000M with 10gb it would be the same. If the software can't use you GPU correctly it won't work fine ! Here the SV + Quicktime doesn't use your GPU to optimize video playing and recording. That's very simple ! Lav offers the possibility to use GPU to decode video thanks to DXVA. If you want to record without loosing FPS try Mirillis Action ! It uses Intel Quicksync so you won't have ANY loss of FPS

Trust me I understand but I see people with sub par cards saying it works great... just bugs me. As far a recording that is no my issue I have a game pro that records with no loss no strain what so ever nd I have two mac pros. My deal is just being able to use the newest software without issues the way it should be... :) That Quicktime looked so much better though I guess that's why I am sad... oh well back to the lav board...
Dj ListenDat 2:15 PM - 2 April, 2014
I think people who got it to work with Quicktime with good FPS are :

- using PC (not laptop) so BIG CPU
- are not using HD videos
- are using medium (not high)

These are the only possible reasons :p

Regarding the loss of FPS it is strange in fact......Try to update iGPU drivers, dGPU and Lav filters. Also install the 64 bits trick ntcore.com to help memory usage.

Then try again
Funkytownstopsix 3:40 PM - 2 April, 2014
I did the Ntcore trick. my Decatied GPU is up to date but the intel one I am not so sure. Lav picture looks blurry quicktime looks clear, very clear... Fudgen Serato and Windows.
Dj ListenDat 3:58 PM - 2 April, 2014
blurry ? strange.......is lav using your dGPU (have you force use of dGPU with SDJ and SV new location ?)

Could you post a screenshot ? You should get the same quality it's strange. I don't own ATI but perhaps in the video settings of your dGPU there options like nvidia to reduce noise etc.... ?
Funkytownstopsix 4:09 PM - 2 April, 2014
Quote:
blurry ? strange.......is lav using your dGPU (have you force use of dGPU with SDJ and SV new location ?)

Could you post a screenshot ? You should get the same quality it's strange. I don't own ATI but perhaps in the video settings of your dGPU there options like nvidia to reduce noise etc.... ?

Well when I had the codecs install yes it was forced to use lav. Example when i say blurry is when you see texted it's not clear but text on quicktime look as they were ment to be. I will play with quicktime a little if I don't better results then I will show you what I mean. spec on my card.

www.amd.com
the m is for moblity as it's in a laptop.
Deejay Rudeboy 7:16 AM - 4 April, 2014
i want to try remove quicktime setting for serato n try use LAV... yesterday my seratovideo.exe kept on crashing and i had to restart the application several times... i think its because i installed this new serato dj... b4 that my computer was very stable bt now its not stable at all. i used to get 60 fps n yesterday i got a miserable 11 on smash vision n xtendamix videos..... bummer
Dj ListenDat 8:23 AM - 4 April, 2014
You can't remove quicktime cause if it's not there SV won't launch. But you can avoid it. Just force LAV to be used for H264 files (have a look at first post)
Deejay Rudeboy 9:01 PM - 4 April, 2014
Iv done that listendat and also used the 4gb patch and I'm getting very good frame rates of 60 using normal files while 30 using HD files which is really good... However when I activated my midi the frame rates dropped to 13... And I found out that my serato was using 100 cpu which is very abnormal... Wat could be the issue? The video freezes and since there is 100% cpu usage by scratchlive serato video can't launch even with restarting
Deejay Rudeboy 10:10 PM - 4 April, 2014
Iv finished my test run n this is what I concluded... The dropping frame rates was as a result of drop outs (I have set my rane 61 buffer to 10ms while in the scratchlive setting its in position 2)
DJ TLS 10:34 PM - 4 April, 2014
The performance is just not there in SDJ. I am getting 80fps in SL vs. 30 in SDJ with SV1.2. Any ideas on how to improve SDJ fps?
Deejay Rudeboy 8:15 AM - 7 April, 2014
i noticed that all the songs i was having a bad frame rate of 10 fps was a result of playing videos that i have never done b4 while all the other videos that i usually play i got a very good frame rate of 60 and above... what does the serato team say about this? is there a bug in the system or what?
Dj ListenDat 12:18 PM - 7 April, 2014
Weird in fact..........another reason not to use crappy SDJ for the moment.............and unfortunately i truely don't believe there will be a performance improvement update..............
Funkytownstopsix 1:19 PM - 7 April, 2014
Quote:
The performance is just not there in SDJ. I am getting 80fps in SL vs. 30 in SDJ with SV1.2. Any ideas on how to improve SDJ fps?

I had the same issues yet since I had some time I tried a new codec pack from k-lite frame rate imporved across the board videos are a little more clearer too. I used the dvax copyback since I have an ati card. I havent upgraded my macbook pros becasue they are having the same issues as well.
DouggyFresh 5:10 PM - 8 April, 2014
Did anyone notice the download for SV / SSL is actually the 1.1 version? And the SV 1.2 for SDJ actually installs into a different folder entirely... So SV / SSL users didn't get the update...
Code:E 5:14 PM - 8 April, 2014
Quote:
Did anyone notice the download for SV / SSL is actually the 1.1 version? And the SV 1.2 for SDJ actually installs into a different folder entirely... So SV / SSL users didn't get the update...

yes they said that Seato Video 1.2 is only for Serato DJ users. That also follows along with what they said about SSL that it will not be receiving any more updates.
Deejay Rudeboy 9:08 AM - 9 April, 2014
the new videos not playing well bug also happens in ssl.... bt i noticed when i play the video roughly for like a minte the frame rate improves.... i think the best setting i get with a good frame rate also for HD videos is medium setting....

an off topic question is there anyone here who uses HID mode on his or her pioneer decks? i tried using HID yesterday the response is good bt its still lagging a bit i cant do the beat juggling tricks perfectly as i used timecode cds.... i tried keeping it to the lowest setting by reducing my buffer size in both serato and also in cdj aiso settings. i would like to know if its possible to be smooth playing of the songs in HID just like using timecode signal
Deejay Rudeboy 9:21 AM - 9 April, 2014
i think these serato guys a doing a great deservice to ssl customers.... to me i think ssl is better than serato dj, tey should be considerate and continue supporting it with the necessary updates and configurations instead of forcing us to make a switch so as to enjoy features such as this new serato video....

another suggestion is to make serato video record the way ME does it instead of creating the mix in real tie its should be saving maybe somethn like metadata or such kind of information which will enable one to export at a later time so as to conserve memory and processing power to making the actual mix because these two processes are conflicting bigtym... and if they put out such an update they should also consider ssl users such as me... unless they make some serato dj to be like scratchlive im not switching.

another thing is to open up serato video to everyone who wants to program his or her own transitions like ME... this would be perfect for everyone as djn is an art and creativity rules any day! also somthing that can match quartz composition in mac for pc... or make an overlay that uses video files or even support high end GIF files of even more than 50 mb or something....

to make my story short... make something stable and more user friendly that can rival ME, im sure even if you make something and ask money for it i will gladly pay for the license again.
Dj ListenDat 12:19 PM - 9 April, 2014
Quote:
the new videos not playing well bug also happens in ssl.... bt i noticed when i play the video roughly for like a minte the frame rate improves.... i think the best setting i get with a good frame rate also for HD videos is medium setting....

an off topic question is there anyone here who uses HID mode on his or her pioneer decks? i tried using HID yesterday the response is good bt its still lagging a bit i cant do the beat juggling tricks perfectly as i used timecode cds.... i tried keeping it to the lowest setting by reducing my buffer size in both serato and also in cdj aiso settings. i would like to know if its possible to be smooth playing of the songs in HID just like using timecode signal

I'm using SSL + SV with CDJ2000 HID and DJM 2000. I used to have bugs with the DJM2000 when it would just stop giving sound but since i updated the firmware to latest version everything is find. CDJ2000 is updated to v4.20. my latency in SSL is set to 2.5ms. I have NO problem with that configuration no lag or else (and i'm a scratching dj). With CDJ900 it makes my SV freeze (even the sound of SSL freezes) so i have to reboot the programs so that it works again. I advise people to be careful with HID. Test it a lot before going live as you can have bad surprises.......
Funkytownstopsix 1:55 PM - 9 April, 2014
Say Rudeboy what graphics card do you have?
Deejay Rudeboy 9:29 PM - 9 April, 2014
I have cdj 850s with rane 61... I have updated firmware to the latest version which is version 1.12... I would like to use HID because its far much better with the integration than timecode which makes these players be like dummies coz I don't would like to use all the buttons on the cdj...

Funtowntopsix I have a rather old acer I bought it in 2012, core i5 first generation with amd 6370m hd as the GPU. I would like to upgrade to a 3rd generation so as to take advantage of the intel technology used to make mirillis work and record video sets
DJ SKaDRE 2:41 AM - 22 April, 2014
Watchvimeo.com

This is what i have achieved using a PC. Currently using a 7 series samsung laptop with an Nvidia 512 MB video card. Using a Numark NS7 II with Serato DJ 1.6.1. Achieved the above mentioned running win 7 with lav filters and forcing directshow instead of quicktime.
what do you think?
DJ SKaDRE 2:44 AM - 22 April, 2014
Recorded straight from serato dj to an external HD, no editing involved. Had serato Dj set to high at 720 output.
djkavika 7:30 AM - 22 April, 2014
Question, since I bought this program + video plugin a few times over (free with pioneer controllers) can you just make the damn thing work? Is that too much to ask?
I AM Not reconverting my videos that work on the club Mac just fine 35,000

DJ Kavika

If it doesn't work just say "hey it doesn't work and we don't care"
Dj ListenDat 9:21 AM - 22 April, 2014
guys be careful of which external disk you're using while recording. Recording in HD needs high transfer. I remember in the beginning my recording were slow and i thought it was my GPU. It was just the transfer rate of my usb key. I then bought a fast usb 3.0 corsair flash usb key and it became smooth. So keep in mind the transfer rate can be a bottleneck.......
Funkytownstopsix 12:51 PM - 22 April, 2014
+! ^^^^^

Last Friday I tried recording in 1080P, it recorded but audio was off and choppy... 720 comes out fine with no issuses. 1.6.1 is pretty good for thier first shot at recording.
Ron Margan 1:19 PM - 1 May, 2014
just tryed with USB 3 Extreme DOK 195MB/s to record to it.
480P High
still get the 5% shit, and video doesn't look good.

btw Dj ListenDat, i have pc similar to yours, any chance you will screenshot all your setting for me? plzzz
Funkytownstopsix 5:35 PM - 7 May, 2014
Quote:
+! ^^^^^

Last Friday I tried recording in 1080P, it recorded but audio was off and choppy... 720 comes out fine with no issuses. 1.6.1 is pretty good for thier first shot at recording.

I need to add that I went back and played the mix again it was off in the begining but 2 mins in it was back on sync. I am using lav but using the k-lite codecs pack which by the reomoved all broken codecs. I have an ATI card so I tried copy back which I found out made my laptop get hotter so I switched back to DXVA2 cpu usage never goes above 20 most often sits at less than 10 and that's while playing 720 videos.

so if your having issues getting to work you can try this delete all your codecs then install K-Lite_Codec_Pack_995_x64
Dj ListenDat 1:42 PM - 8 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
+! ^^^^^

I need to add that I went back and played the mix again it was off in the begining but 2 mins in it was back on sync. I am using lav but using the k-lite codecs pack which by the reomoved all broken codecs. I have an ATI card so I tried copy back which I found out made my laptop get hotter so I switched back to DXVA2 cpu usage never goes above 20 most often sits at less than 10 and that's while playing 720 videos.

so if your having issues getting to work you can try this delete all your codecs then install K-Lite_Codec_Pack_995_x64

I guess that if you have less than 20% CPU usage, it is just that you have an intel CPU and that the k-lite codec pack you installed is just using ffdshow with intel quicksync for h264 videos. It would have been the same if you had used lav video with intel quicksync............
Funkytownstopsix 2:20 PM - 8 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
+! ^^^^^

I guess that if you have less than 20% CPU usage, it is just that you have an intel CPU and that the k-lite codec pack you installed is just using ffdshow with intel quicksync for h264 videos. It would have been the same if you had used lav video with intel quicksync............

Not the case I can't for some reason get quicksync to work because HP has not made the drivers for my laptop the genric intel drivers fail to install so I have no fudgen quick sync yet. Also with k Ltie I would have to choose that in the setup, there is dxva2, dxva copy back and quicksync in the list. Right now I am using dxva2 and I am using all lav. What I like about the K-Lite codecs is that it removes the broken or left over codecs that are no longer need or used and that lav is there : ) I told two other guys and they tried K-Lite and there frame rate imroved so sharing is caring.
Funkytownstopsix 2:38 PM - 8 May, 2014
From HP....

When processor are designed for specific OEM manufactures such as HP, there may be modifications made. When I checked the software and driver page for your unit, the is no QuckSnyc software. Therefore HP did not include it. You will need to contact Intel to see if it is available for you to use on this notebook. Here are links to the Intel/Contact Us and Intel Support Community.

Yet when I go to intel to install the drivers it fails and refers me back to hp... I gave up... That's why I could get marilis to work...
Deejay Rudeboy 7:34 AM - 9 May, 2014
Dj Big aka Funkytownstopsix and Dj Listendat your views and opinions when it comes to dj mixn are very highly appreciated and I will forever be greatfull without u guys I would have forced myself to buy a macbook...
Funkytownstopsix what generation is your processor? My laptop is the first generation n I don't have quicksync so mirillis for me is a no go zone...
Funkytownstopsix 12:41 PM - 9 May, 2014
i7 3rd gen. It has it just haven't gotten it to work.
Dj ListenDat 2:16 PM - 9 May, 2014
The fact the driver won't install correctly is in fact weird. I know sometime some brands modify the components so i would not be that suprise they did something that prevent the iGPU from working. By the way with SV the best results should be obtained with the dGPU.
Funkytownstopsix 2:58 PM - 9 May, 2014
Quote:
The fact the driver won't install correctly is in fact weird. I know sometime some brands modify the components so i would not be that suprise they did something that prevent the iGPU from working. By the way with SV the best results should be obtained with the dGPU.

Correct!!!!
Funkytownstopsix 2:59 PM - 9 May, 2014
I only want quick sync for rendering videos
djkavika 7:56 PM - 29 May, 2014
Is there anyway to keep quicktime from decoding some videos? I believe the not centered issues, blinking video occurs when going between quicktime and LAV. I compared 2 videos that are similar in resolution using g-spot the only difference was the audio bitrate. When the decoders switch that what seems to trigger most of my issues.
Dj ListenDat 8:52 PM - 30 May, 2014
to avoid problems of bad A/R or blinking i re-encore the not working vids with handbrake. I use intel QSV to encode (it's blazing fast like 10s to re-encore a video) with 30 fps and a 16/9 resolution i use 640x360 as most of the legit websites offer this resolution which is HD/2 resolution
djkavika 10:40 PM - 30 May, 2014
Is qsv a setting in handbrake or a profile?
Funkytownstopsix 8:55 AM - 31 May, 2014
Post a screen shot of what's happening. Handbrake does support quick sync if it is enabled..
Dj ListenDat 6:57 PM - 31 May, 2014
it is in the video tab within video codec
djkavika 3:06 AM - 1 June, 2014
I found you have to get the SVN / beta version of Handbrake.

This is what I found out.. Let me give 3 examples.

Rendered all videos to 640x360, all were various resolution.

Video #1 would not open with lavfilters, only quicktime. Video will freeze after a few seconds. After encode still opens up with quicktime now 40fps. Took 2 tries to re-encode to get it to work.

Video #2 no green bars or scaling issues after renecode. Still loads with LAV as before.

3. Video was rendered previously with a wierd resolution, 843x320 i.e. After rendering, aspect ratio correct, plays intermittently upside down if played after a video that played in quicktime.

So the question here is, is there some header junk left over that is causing these issues in the video? What is causing the video to call on quicktime if I am rendering them using the same settings?

thanks,
David
Dj ListenDat 10:35 AM - 2 June, 2014
Are you sure all the videos are H264/AAC/MP4 ?
djkavika 8:21 AM - 3 June, 2014
From what G-Spot and VLC tells me yes. I found if a video has the é like in Beyoncé will cause it to use quicktime instead. Also it seems too me if the video anamorphic format that will cause video off centered / YUV green bars using the Lav Filters. What is crazy is I can load a anamorphic video on one deck it will look fine. Load the same video on the 2nd deck and it will be off centered. Colorspace in Serato video will show "unknown". They just really need to fix this "stuff".
Dj ListenDat 8:43 AM - 3 June, 2014
Nothing will never be fixed in SV dude ! i had to fight during 1 year with them so that people can now use Intel GPU.
Dj ListenDat 8:44 AM - 3 June, 2014
The truth is that they don't have a lot of knowledges in video...........i had to give them thousands of article explaining what intel quick sync was for example..........
Funkytownstopsix 12:35 PM - 4 June, 2014
Listen that I have a question... I am looking for a way to resize a video clip... Example,,, width 920 height 1080. I want to do this without having black bars on the top of the video or I should say I want the video to streach the full 1080. I know the video will look crazy but it's not to use in serato..
Dj ListenDat 1:20 PM - 4 June, 2014
have you tried resizing to hd ? (1280x720)
Funkytownstopsix 1:54 PM - 4 June, 2014
you do understand that I am trying to get the reverse more or less. I want the video taller than wider. I am able to acheive this but when I do the video does not strech it just adds black bars to the top and bottom.
Dj ListenDat 3:22 PM - 4 June, 2014
I understand. I don't know how to do it. But i guess there might be a website that can give you tools to calculate when you resize. You should look on google
Funkytownstopsix 4:02 PM - 4 June, 2014
lol tried lots of things off google... I got some intel from the guys on the site that I will try today when I get home. It's like just like using photoshop.... Thanks though...
Code:E 8:17 PM - 4 June, 2014
Can't you do this in adobe after effects or premier?
Deejay Rudeboy 5:58 AM - 5 June, 2014
Out of topic question can a hackinstosh perform well with scratchlive and ME? I'm planning on doing a hackintosh of hp probook 4530s and see whether it will work or not
Code:E 7:22 AM - 5 June, 2014
It might with a PC hackintosh. But i have yet to see anyone use a laptop.
Deejay Rudeboy 9:11 AM - 5 June, 2014
Code E lemmie try and do it... I'll give the results in the coming weeks
Funkytownstopsix 1:48 PM - 5 June, 2014
I got it done... Use Final Cut to do it... Tried it in permiere but just couldnt get it right.
Deejay AV 3:44 PM - 21 June, 2014
DJ Listen Dat I need your help again :/

I reinstalled Windows 7 and all my Programms, now Serato Video isn´t working like before. I had 80 - 90 fps running HD Videos...now it´s only about 20 - 25 :(
I did everything like in the description. Forced LAV Filters with Win 7DS Tweaker, set LAV Hardware decoder on DXVA. but that didn´t help to increase the framerate...
Maybe you know what it could be?

Win 7 64bit Ultimate SP1
i7 3740qm @ 2.7 ghz
16 GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 7970m
256 SSD
2 x 1 TB HDD
Dj ListenDat 9:47 AM - 24 June, 2014
Hi,

Did you do any hardware upgrade ? Like adding memory for example ?
Deejay AV 1:21 AM - 25 June, 2014
No, but I have installed Serato DJ 1.6.1 and reinstalled the gpu driver. Now the Frames are jumping from 30 to 60 and back to 30 every 15 seconds. This happens even when serato video is activated but no video is loaded to any deck. The good thing is, that the framerate never drops under 29 Frames, but I am wondering what this Frame Ping Pong is.
But wait... I had two 1 TB hdds which I switched in RAID 0. After that I reinstalled the whole system.
Dj ListenDat 12:17 PM - 25 June, 2014
maybe a driver issue........try another driver.....the raid 0 is supposed to improve performance right ?
Deejay AV 4:04 PM - 25 June, 2014
reliability is OK. I tried Video 4 hours at home, hopefully it works this weekend at a gig. Which driver you mean? GPU? In RAID 0 both Harddrives splits the work...So it nearly doubles the performance
Dj ListenDat 4:50 PM - 25 June, 2014
Yes GPU drivers.......try to put another one.........

But between this makes me remember of a weird stuff. I had once SV running @ 60 fps with my i5 and when i went to the same exact config but on an i7 i never managed to get this constant 60 fps with 2 HD vids.........i don't understand well SV so never figured it out.......I had tried different drivers etc...but never changed anything.........
Deejay AV 9:49 PM - 25 June, 2014
I figured out, that this fps ping pong comes from serato videos v-sync mode...when its on the game begins. when its off I have a constant framerate of 60 , even with 2 ful hd videos. Now it works as I like, but till this point I almost drove nuts...Hopefully Serato implements an internal hardwaredecoder in version 1.2, but till then.....

THANKS LISTENDAT!!!!!!!!!!! You should claim some money from serato and all the VJs, whose salary you safed ;)
Dj ListenDat 12:11 PM - 26 June, 2014
Quote:
I figured out, that this fps ping pong comes from serato videos v-sync mode...when its on the game begins. when its off I have a constant framerate of 60 , even with 2 ful hd videos. Now it works as I like, but till this point I almost drove nuts...Hopefully Serato implements an internal hardwaredecoder in version 1.2, but till then.....

THANKS LISTENDAT!!!!!!!!!!! You should claim some money from serato and all the VJs, whose salary you safed ;)

Glad it works fine. Thank you for what you say..........unfortunatly most of the people forget quickly the help you gave them...........
Dj ListenDat 12:14 PM - 26 June, 2014
It would have been awesome if Serato could have delivered me a kind of "Serato Video main contributor" degree...something i could show to the bosses of the places i want to mix in........something that would have permit to give them faith and add more impact
luishinos 2:01 AM - 21 July, 2014
Quote:
I think i know the problem. As Cuvid is available i guess you have Nvidia GPU

Do you see the ffdshow tray instead of the Lav one ?

Please execute this serato.com this script is to avoid the use of quicktime

Excellent !!!!!! , it work fine for me, the video goes smoothly this time, I first installed ffdshow then run your script to change the registry, and everything looks fine.
LoLyfe 2:40 PM - 29 August, 2014
New to video SL . I recently moved my optical and added an internal 1TB strictly for video. I saw an article about using handbrake with a Video-SL preset but this resizes my vids to 400x224. Is this really the recommended size? Is there a more current preset for handbrake?

BTW my PC specs and GPU are pretty good.
ErikG 8:34 PM - 14 September, 2014
So Close, yet so far away...

I can only play one video at a time on a gig. When i load and play a second video the video-window crashes. This results in a white screen. Playing a video followed by a mp3 works... When SV crashes the audio keeps running.

What i have done so far:
Installed the lav filters and Media Player Classic using the www.ezoden.com tutorial.
This is working correctly, when i'm playing a video with Media Player Classic the LAV icon appears in the system tray.

My laptop has a NVIDIA GPU so i used CUVID.

Ensured the LAV decoder is the main Windows video codec used for H.264 videos by using the Win7DSFilterTweaker.

Used the registry script to avoid the use of quicktime.

Still no luck, when playing video with SV no icon appears in the system tray.

My Specs:
Windows 7 x64
Dell XPS 15 laptop
2,2-GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor
8 gb RAM
NVIDEA Geforce GT 540M with 2 gb memory

This should work, i have no clues left....

Does anyone have an idea what could be the trick?
DVJ Rick Kraft 11:14 AM - 22 September, 2014
I did try the LAV codec setup but after banging my head against the wall for a full day, I went back to the Haali Splitter setup, which I swear by. One caveat, not all laptops will play 1080p with this setup, my old one will but my new one will not, just up to 720p. But it does play 720p amazingly well. I still get the odd SV crash here and there, but music never stops and video's back up in 1~5 seconds. I may try the LAV setup when I feel the need for another migraine headache hehe.

Something important I noticed with new NVIDIA GPUs:
DO NOT adjust scaling to the second screen output.

First, two instances of videos playing back simultaneously will often mean one will not scale as the GPU intends, leaving a massive green border below and a bar on the right of the image, which won't go away without re-starting SV. Randomly causes issues.

Secondly, the 16:9 output enforced on HDMI outputs will mean that any videos NOT 16:9 will usually not get scaled properly, often cutting off the bottom third of the video for 720x480 content for example. In addition adjusting settings in SV (No Constraints/16:9/4:3) will bump the video around.

Good luck and let me know how it goes everyone!
DJ KasBaby 7:52 AM - 5 December, 2014
Quote:
So Close, yet so far away...

I can only play one video at a time on a gig. When i load and play a second video the video-window crashes. This results in a white screen. Playing a video followed by a mp3 works... When SV crashes the audio keeps running.

What i have done so far:
Installed the lav filters and Media Player Classic using the www.ezoden.com tutorial.
This is working correctly, when i'm playing a video with Media Player Classic the LAV icon appears in the system tray.

My laptop has a NVIDIA GPU so i used CUVID.

Ensured the LAV decoder is the main Windows video codec used for H.264 videos by using the Win7DSFilterTweaker.

Used the registry script to avoid the use of quicktime.

Still no luck, when playing video with SV no icon appears in the system tray.

My Specs:
Windows 7 x64
Dell XPS 15 laptop
2,2-GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor
8 gb RAM
NVIDEA Geforce GT 540M with 2 gb memory

This should work, i have no clues left....

Does anyone have an idea what could be the trick?

Hey Listendat. i followed all your instructions and the same thing ErikG is talking about is happening to me. Serato Video keeps crash in my case after about 3/4 songs. Have to keep restarting it or in some case it restarts itself

My Specs:
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
HP ProBook 450 G2 Notebook PC
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz
Dual Video Cards- AMD Radeon R5 M255 & Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
8GB RAM

Please help. Your awesome for figuring out this stuff out man.
Dj ListenDat 2:50 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
Mr ListenDat

I think its almost time to start a new thread with all your experience and knowledge re-organized and at the top. You have great advice but this thread is really big and sometimes its hard to find the info / advice I'm looking for. It would be nice to read your instructions, updated, and all in one part of a new thread.

Just updated my LAV to the latest version and I hope it goes well tomorrow night =D

I'm not using a PC anymore my friend. I don't understand which information you would like to have. I think all you need is written in the first post but don't hesitate to ask me any question in another thread or in private. I'll do my best to answer. I wish i could try the latest lav filters as it is supposed to give better performance than before
realdja3 9:28 AM - 10 April, 2015
I installed the LAV filters and configured them as instructed, video plays well and the output is 60 FPS but on some videos there's a green border at the bottom as well as the right side on the video.

I adjusted the YUV handling to RGB Only, this removes the green border but some videos aren't centered on the screen. Below are the specs:

Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r8.150127-1500)
LENOVO Z50-70 20354
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
8192MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 840M 2048 MB
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Dj ListenDat 8:03 AM - 13 April, 2015
Quote:
I installed the LAV filters and configured them as instructed, video plays well and the output is 60 FPS but on some videos there's a green border at the bottom as well as the right side on the video.

I adjusted the YUV handling to RGB Only, this removes the green border but some videos aren't centered on the screen. Below are the specs:

Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r8.150127-1500)
LENOVO Z50-70 20354
8192MB RAM

From my experience :

- Green border was always caused by videos from non-legit sources (or not recompressed in a good format (i used handbrake or powerdirector). Often it's linked with weird framerate or AR. Try to recompress the videos that work bad with handbrake
- Not centered was caused going from a video 16/9 to 4/3 or more generally going from a 16/9 video to another one which is in another aspect ratio. When i was on PC i had to recompress all the 4/3 to 16/9 to avoid this but at the coast of some strech videos................going to MixEmergency (unfortunately OSX only) soled that troubles....but yes the not centered is linked with aspect ratio. I tried many time to even pay the dev of lav filters or to pay a developer to implement this function but they never could or wanted to do so................So if you don't mind having some videos looking a bit stretched, convert the 720x480 etc.... to 640x360...........
Dj ListenDat 9:06 AM - 14 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LENOVO Z50-70 20354
8192MB RAM

From my experience :

- Green border was always caused by videos from non-legit sources (or not recompressed in a good format (i used handbrake or powerdirector). Often it's linked with weird framerate or AR. Try to recompress the videos that work bad with handbrake
- Not centered was caused going from a video 16/9 to 4/3 or more generally going from a 16/9 video to another one which is in another aspect ratio. When i was on PC i had to recompress all the 4/3 to 16/9 to avoid this but at the coast of some strech videos................going to MixEmergency (unfortunately OSX only) soled that troubles....but yes the not centered is linked with aspect ratio. I tried many time to even pay the dev of lav filters or to pay a developer to implement this function but they never could or wanted to do so................So if you don't mind having some videos looking a bit stretched, convert the 720x480 etc.... to 640x360...........

This is just sad that we PC users have problems. There should be a way to make this work. We should be able to play any video type and get nice performance

To make this happen Serato Staff has to understand that nowadays with HD contents the GPU hardware acceleration has to be used to handle everything correctly. Nowadays to play 4K content GPU hardware acceleration is way to go. CPU can't handle it well without making everything going 100% usage. I had been fighting for this for 2 years then i realized it was useless.........if you don't want to waste time and energy buy a mac. Serato uses quicktime engine which uses gpu hardware acceleration........Moreover the last version of Mixemergency has been optimized to use GPU more and give outstanding results........trust me guys i put lot of energy in it you can seek the forum for my posts.........stop waisting your time with the PC and Serato Video cause nothing will be done to optimize the video part.....
Deejay AV 3:33 PM - 1 May, 2015
Word...I used Windows nearly 20 years...but SV is just a joke with Win. Switched to mac and everything works fine out of the box. Oh and ME is 1000 times worth the money...not like SV
LoLyfe 4:10 PM - 1 May, 2015
Quote:
Word...I used Windows nearly 20 years...but SV is just a joke with Win. Switched to mac and everything works fine out of the box. Oh and ME is 1000 times worth the money...not like SV

agreed on everything you say.
realdja3 10:17 PM - 9 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Mr ListenDat

I think its almost time to start a new thread with all your experience and knowledge re-organized and at the top. You have great advice but this thread is really big and sometimes its hard to find the info / advice I'm looking for. It would be nice to read your instructions, updated, and all in one part of a new thread.

Just updated my LAV to the latest version and I hope it goes well tomorrow night =D

I'm not using a PC anymore my friend. I don't understand which information you would like to have. I think all you need is written in the first post but don't hesitate to ask me any question in another thread or in private. I'll do my best to answer. I wish i could try the latest lav filters as it is supposed to give better performance than before

I will have to buy a mac and leave the PC for coding
TravisSanders 3:11 AM - 12 May, 2015
Just wanted to say that I've had the exact same problems and I agree they clearly aren't worried about correcting the issue. It's too bad there isn't a good alternative to Serato Video for a PC user.
Code:E 3:15 AM - 12 May, 2015
Quote:
Just wanted to say that I've had the exact same problems and I agree they clearly aren't worried about correcting the issue. It's too bad there isn't a good alternative to Serato Video for a PC user.

Cough Cough, Virtual DJ.
Funkytownstopsix 7:45 PM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:

My PC runs serato video just as well as my mac so I can't complain on that end but for the masses Virtual DJ is way better on PC. I had the pleasure of trying it on MAC and PC. Let's say I own it now. The one thing that Serato wont do is allow you to dj in internal mode unless you have a ttm57ect ect You have to buy a big money item in order to do so. With Virtual DJ I can take a laptop and an external usb sound card and do a video mix on the airplane of course there is no scratching at least the kind I would like but for me this is a major perk for perfecting my sets. Not having to lug around dj equipment is something I LOVE. DJ's have so many tools add this one you will be happy you did... AND YES ME IS THE SHIT....
DVJ Rick Kraft 12:24 PM - 21 May, 2015
It's unfortunate that for a product that you need to purchase on PC to use, there is very little support for it. With Macbooks becoming higher and higher costing, and their HDDs getting smaller (500GB? You don't need that much, right? lol) Serato should support the products they sell and recode Serato Video for better GPU usage on PCs.

I'll attempt to use SeratoDJ for a bit and see if it's better than the cluster***k that currently is Scratch 2.5.0 + SVideo 1.1.0. Anyone remember the good old days of stable release 2.4.1??? And seriously, we shouldn't have to fiddle with filters either. If it's easy on Mac (Quicktime) then should be easy here too.
DVJ Rick Kraft 12:38 PM - 21 May, 2015
Please excuse the wording due to exasperation in the previous post. (Can't edit.) I'm just really tired of dealing with green bars and video output crashing at least once a set, all with legit source material. Grrrrr....
Code:E 12:32 AM - 22 May, 2015
Quote:
With Macbooks becoming higher and higher costing,

Wrong.... They are stayed virtually the same. for the last 4 years, if not longer.

Quote:
I'm just really tired of dealing with green bars and video output crashing at least once a set,

Hence why pro's use mac's for live performance. We are not PC haters We all have PC's at home, I'm on one now. But I would NEVER dare you a PC live again for Video DJing. Stability beyond all else is needed. Hate on the macs for having smaller hard drive (that are significantly faster than 99% of pc's) no one will argue with you. Hate on them for controlling there product and ensuring the price never drops (it really fucking great marketing though). Hate on them for pioneering technology like Firewire and Thunderbolt ( which is far better than the alternative but sadly, its looking like thunderbolt will die out even faster than firewire). Hell you can even hate on serato for not putting the time in to make PC's work as good as mac's do. VDJ did it (well them made PC work well, there video software sucks on the mac end). But can you really blame serato for choosing to develop the more stable, more reliable, the preferred choice of pro's over the amateur choice? Serato is built on stability, And on the audio end it's really good, but video is a different animal, and I for one glad that they did it the way they did. I can do so many more things on a mac than I could ever hope to on a PC.

Plus I will be honest, when I see a video guy using a PC I automatically assume he doesn't know what he is doing. I hated Mac "dj's" because they all looked like sheep, then you realize you really hate the cause your the grass they are eating.
Funkytownstopsix 9:51 PM - 22 May, 2015
Quote:
Care to share your PC specs and codecs used?

HP Envy 17" Intel I-7-3610QM CPU@2.30Hz 6 gig of memory 64 bit Windows 7

I use the k-lite codec force all lav I force direct show via regedit so it does not use quicktime.
DVJ Rick Kraft 2:54 PM - 9 July, 2015
I figured out that the green bars have to do with the combination of Windows 7 (XP was fine) + codecs and alternating between 4:3 and 16:9 videos. It seems like the next video loaded on the same deck which had just played a 4:3 video spawned the green bars for most videos, or was stretched off the bottom of the screen. So recoding some older vids in 16:9 format solved the issue. What a workaround lol.

@Funkytownstopsix, may I ask what kind of CPU usage you are seeing from Scratch Live + Video? Or are you using Serato DJ yet? Is it buttery smooth and you can jump cues/scratch in the videos without issues? I haven't had luck with LAV filters so far, would be great to understand a bit more from someone who has :) Thanks!
Funkytownstopsix 3:56 PM - 10 July, 2015
I am using Serato Dj have been for a while I only use Scratch when I pull out turntables or old cdj's. Last I recall I was using like 30% cpu usage it was not high at all. As for the lav filters when you have a pc you try anything and whatever you can...... just so happened that I had the best luck with LAV... I do believe if they made serato 64 bit it would be better I am also runnin a hack that forces it to be 64bit... Sad thing is I don't remember where I got that hack or what it's called. In short it allows you to use all your memory. Although my PC works I mostly use my MacBook Pro's I pull out the pc to show out cause not many pc work as smooth if at all.
djmel 3:48 PM - 17 July, 2015
i have that code that forces sdj and ssl to go into 64 bit mode.
DVJ Rick Kraft 9:52 AM - 23 July, 2015
@djmel - there is no code to force Scratch Live to run as a 64-bit program. Just to clarify, a 32-bit program cannot be forced to run as 64-bit. Also, a 32-bit program can't call 64-bit drivers. Different kinds of programming. There is a REG code provided by serato that forces windows to use VFW (video for windows) codecs instead of the default broken quicktime codec. I think this is the one you may be talking about.
DVJ Rick Kraft 9:55 AM - 23 July, 2015
Also to clarify, SeratoDJ is also a 32-bit application. You can check to see 64 or 32 bit by going into your Program Files folders. If you see it in the Program Files (x86) folder, then it's 32-bit, as this entire folder is for 32-bit apps. The main Program Files folder is for 64-bit apps.
TheWhite 4:18 PM - 18 September, 2015
Hi ium new With Serato Video, and I got some Issues with...

When i play videos after a few track my screen start blinking in white while the video is playing.

I see a few things in here hat helps me. But It will be great if someone can post an up to date
procedure of configuation to be sure my setup is ok.

Im using an Asus Rog with i7 @ 2.5ghz
12 gig of ram
An Intel Integrated Card with an Nvidia Gtx 860m
1 to Hdd part in 2 (1 st part os and 2nd part for Music)

Thanks
djmel 7:24 PM - 1 November, 2015
Quote:
Yes I agree with Rick Kraft. Serato for PC needs GPU Support and needs to work with either FFDSHOW or LAVFilters to make them compatibale with Serato Video.

Pros use macs? Im a pro and I use a PC.

PC is a HUGE market and should have equal performance for PCs and MACS like any other professional software would want to be

co sign + infinity
Code:E 7:39 PM - 1 November, 2015
I hear you guys. But the light side is boring, here on the dark side (mac side) we have cake..... and most importantly we have Mix Emergency. And if you are a pro you use ME and not Serato Video. ME alone is reason enough to switch.

Quote:
PC is a HUGE market and should have equal performance for PCs and MACS like any other professional software would want to be

But there's lots of software out there that's mac or PC only. Serato clearly isn't dedicating any time to Serato Video, and really not many people use it. ME is great because it gets tons of support and frequent updates patches, and new features.

Anyway i dont mean to derail this thread yet again with mac vs pc, it's a stupid argument, it's not really mac vs pc anyway, its OSX vs windows, mac hardware is less powerful almost always than PC.

Question for you dedicated PC guys. Anyone using spout yet at all? Syphon on the mac end has made a world a difference for me. And now that PC users can use Spout in the same way. i wonder if anyone is using it to get there video sets to that next level. Is there a way to get Serato video's output to play on a virtual screen so Spout can pick it up? spout.zeal.co
Funkytownstopsix 1:41 PM - 2 November, 2015
Since I use both mac and pc my pc works just as well as my mac!!! I use my mac more because I paid more for it. I can say the only real thing I miss when using my pc is Mix Emergency. Yet I can get by and still entertain my crowd with serato dj just fine but I do feel a little handicapped when doing so because ME does so much that I like. If serato was smart they would complete their software and push ME out all together. FYI Pros use PC's too, the hardware doesn't always define if the DJ is a pro.
dj Mikole 6:29 PM - 2 November, 2015
Im Dj Mikole! i've DDJ-SZ and MacBook pro.
i was trying to do a video recording but every time i do. this message appear.more than 5% of the video output frames are missing from the recording. please lower output recording quality.
o how can i lower that. is it from the computer or the ddj-sz itself?
thanks
Funkytownstopsix 3:39 PM - 3 November, 2015
I use Mix Emergency but that was the standard according to serato when I question them about it.
dj Mikole 1:51 AM - 4 November, 2015
unfortunately, i have no knowledge about ME. i tried to record on 1.5tb external hard drive and it's saying it can not be read. thats annoying.
spent over $3,400 macbook pro and ddj-sz is $2600 and yet the specs are not good enough.
what are waste with these Serato Dj and video recording mixttape
LoLyfe 4:33 AM - 4 November, 2015
Quote:
unfortunately, i have no knowledge about ME. i tried to record on 1.5tb external hard drive and it's saying it can not be read. thats annoying.
spent over $3,400 macbook pro and ddj-sz is $2600 and yet the specs are not good enough.

if your on a MBP spend a few more bucks and get ME.
Funkytownstopsix 3:00 PM - 4 November, 2015
Quote:

Ok then let me try and aid you. 1st be sure that if you have a dual graphics card that the best one is being used. You can do this in the power section. Second if you are doing a recording it's best to save your recording on a drive other than C if using serato you will always get the 5% loss statement you(FYI you can record to C if you need to just better not to). There are a few more setting to optimize in serato but first try what I said. There is no reason your mac should not work or record other than the reasons I just listed above. Now for Mix Emergency it's not needed but it sure makes life easier.
Funkytownstopsix 3:06 PM - 4 November, 2015
FYI the main difference between Serato and Mix Emergency is this. Serato records live while Mix Emergency records all actions that you do while making the mix then you have to export the video this put's no strain on your cpu while doing you mix but it's a longer process than Serato iive recording..ME has many more features then serato.... If you own a mac you should own ME..
LoLyfe 4:52 PM - 4 November, 2015
Quote:
FYI the main difference between Serato and Mix Emergency is this. Serato records live while Mix Emergency records all actions that you do while making the mix then you have to export the video this put's no strain on your cpu while doing you mix but it's a longer process than Serato iive recording..ME has many more features then serato.... If you own a mac you should own ME..

agreed!
Dj ListenDat 6:56 PM - 4 November, 2015
As creator of this thread i allow myself to post a bit loool

I stopped debating a long time ago on that subject. MixEmergency is excellent. I switched to MAC ONLY for ME. If it existed on pc i would have kept my pc as well as i still find the macs are too expensive for what they got inside and too limited. For example you can't have macbook air with 1to SSD. Or if you want it on a macbook pro you have to pay extra +600 euros !!! When you look at the prices of SSD nowadays, having to pay +600 euros to go from 512 Go to 1 Go makes me speechless !!!!!! In-freaking-sane !!!

Anyway guys who have pcs, do like me just focus on what you want. You want do to video mix in the best conditions ? Buy a MAC ! that's

Serato will never make any improve or gpu hardware acceleration support
LoLyfe 7:30 PM - 4 November, 2015
Quote:
As creator of this thread i allow myself to post a bit loool

I stopped debating a long time ago on that subject. MixEmergency is excellent. I switched to MAC ONLY for ME. If it existed on pc i would have kept my pc as well as i still find the macs are too expensive for what they got inside and too limited. For example you can't have macbook air with 1to SSD. Or if you want it on a macbook pro you have to pay extra +600 euros !!! When you look at the prices of SSD nowadays, having to pay +600 euros to go from 512 Go to 1 Go makes me speechless !!!!!! In-freaking-sane !!!

Anyway guys who have pcs, do like me just focus on what you want. You want do to video mix in the best conditions ? Buy a MAC ! that's

Serato will never make any improve or gpu hardware acceleration support

Guys not sure if you remember me but you all helped me out some time ago. I had 2 AlienWares (which i still have..an older M11x and and newer AlienWare14) and love them both and YES you are correct about the MAC being overpriced for the specs and internal limitation as far as storage (especially for the 1TB/ $500 upgrade cost). My MBP cost me $2700 when I purchased it and the additional $350 for the applecare and $200 for have ME over VideoSL. The issues I had were always codec/LAV related (and strange things like files with foreign characters will flip the video and all vido will stay that way, and random crashes) and I will say then I never had a smoother experience that I do with my mac (even with a 4TB USB powered external velcroed to the back of my MPB which contains all my media files) it just works better.

Again tho I have been and always be a PC guy but in the case of serato and especially with videos over ME it's just better. If you look at my shameful and lack of content YouTube channel you will see I have a sick dual Xeon build with 16 physical cores (32 via HT) doing some analysing of files in SSL.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Love love love PCs but not when it comes to SSL/SDJ/ME.
Funkytownstopsix 2:59 PM - 5 November, 2015
I really don't think there was a debate on which Mac or PC did it better the program was built for Mac's so it should work better.. Honestly it kept a lot of fly by night Dj's out of the game because it's not cheep to go serato,,,, much cheaper to go VDJ which is a good program as well doing all kinds of videos with no issue and all you need is a laptop and two sound cards talk about cheap. As for us PC guys we like the fact that we could prove people wrong and get a pc to work which I did on two different laptops but it did take a lot of work to get them there,,,,,after that it was you can't us ME it is after all a mac only program I know this :) ... LOL Mac's are simply plug and plyay with serato,,,MEe is cool as hell but not necessary to video dj but like I said you can do sooooooo much with it and better than what serato is offering.
LoLyfe 3:12 PM - 5 November, 2015
Quote:
I really don't think there was a debate on which Mac or PC did it better the program was built for Mac's so it should work better.. Honestly it kept a lot of fly by night Dj's out of the game because it's not cheep to go serato,,,, much cheaper to go VDJ which is a good program as well doing all kinds of videos with no issue and all you need is a laptop and two sound cards talk about cheap. As for us PC guys we like the fact that we could prove people wrong and get a pc to work which I did on two different laptops but it did take a lot of work to get them there,,,,,after that it was you can't us ME it is after all a mac only program I know this :) ... LOL Mac's are simply plug and plyay with serato,,,MEe is cool as hell but not necessary to video dj but like I said you can do sooooooo much with it and better than what serato is offering.

Agreed that developing and support for PC is an after thought and yes to proving Mac users wrong but there were countless times I grasped my chest when a loaded file would freeze for a few seconds! (cannot count my grey hairs now!).

I was once a guy who would love to troubleshoot (still have people this day come to me for it) but I would prefer to worry about the client and crowd more and less about my videos and music coming to a halt. I do wish that at some point Serato would put more development for PC users but im sure that since those systems are so customizable and configurable that is less likely.

*not to deviate from the topic at hand but do you use ME at all? and do you notice ver. 2 works better than ver. 3?*

Funky keep on keeping on!
LoLyfe 3:23 PM - 5 November, 2015
and to add to this im not an overnight DJ. Started in 1991. used vinyl till 2004 and been serato since. Touched my first CD-J about 4 years ago and my first controller 3 years ago (so I guess im new to controllers and CJ's style devices) and got my first Mac ever Jan 2015. Been a PC SSL user for 10 years and went thru all the pain points and "good points" the entire time.

The point of that paragraph is that there is a method for all of us (and a budget as well). You will need to identify your priorities and tend to them. I have been a weekly resident for almost 15 years and most recently my venues have been looking for VDJ's so I upgraded to a beastly AlienWare14 (with all the bells and whistles) and ventured onto good video pools which some help from forum user (ehem) but experienced some issues...tried to resolve them (thru forum users and Serato support) but never really came to a full resolution. A few months later (jan 2015) spent $2700 and never caught any issues. This is me..a guy who always wanted to prove my PC can outperform any MAC in the same price range (which it will until we start using videos). This must be evident to PC's being an after thought but we can go on and on and on about this. I wish the end user the best in making their decisions because the time and money spent on your collection/practice/tools can be frustrating if your system is giving you issues.
Funkytownstopsix 4:06 PM - 5 November, 2015
Oh I use MIX alright it better quality for recording. Yeah it seems as it does sometimes but not always. My PC is backup, I have two MacBook pros and a PC. The PC has searto and VDJ on it as a just in case deal. I trust my pc have done hours of djing on it but I have to say I trust the mac more simply because the program was built for it.

Thanks for the motivation I am still pushing on my friend lol. I have been a dj since high school 1985 when hip hop was hot like fire... I see the end near though meaning soon I will dj for friends no more biz. Still have turntables but now I use ddj.... just easy for me. As a dj you can never have enough tools for your craft once you understand that you are an official dj.
LoLyfe 4:30 PM - 5 November, 2015
Quote:
Oh I use MIX alright it better quality for recording. Yeah it seems as it does sometimes but not always. My PC is backup, I have two MacBook pros and a PC. The PC has searto and VDJ on it as a just in case deal. I trust my pc have done hours of djing on it but I have to say I trust the mac more simply because the program was built for it.

Thanks for the motivation I am still pushing on my friend lol. I have been a dj since high school 1985 when hip hop was hot like fire... I see the end near though meaning soon I will dj for friends no more biz. Still have turntables but now I use ddj.... just easy for me. As a dj you can never have enough tools for your craft once you understand that you are an official dj.

agreed. always nice talking. Be sure to PM me to keep up!
dj Mikole 4:27 AM - 9 November, 2015
I have the DDJ-SZ and serato video.macbook pro 2014 but recording Video mix has been a problem. i read and tried all the settings and suggestion online but nothing worked.
dj Mikole 10:10 PM - 12 November, 2015
dj Mikole
dj Mikole 10:13 PM - 12 November, 2015
My name is Dj mikole. i've read most of the queries you guys posted and tried to adjust my settings to the requirements but still i'm facing the same results. i'm really fed and and i wish i didn't pay for these. long story short, i've set my buffer to 1gb, recording quality to 480p, enabled the frame bending, set the output resolution to 400x400 fps, yuv to default and output quality to Medium and still get this info "not recieving video frames for recording, try restarting serato dj and/or your computer. the recording then stops. i also have a 1.5tb of external hard drive with space odf 700gb free that i was recording. despite the fact that i've 7gb of music on my mac book pro with this specs Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
pliz i need help
thanks
Funkytownstopsix 7:16 PM - 16 November, 2015
Mikole you will get that message anytime you use serato to record. Try ME you don't have to buy it and you can test it to see how that works for you...
DJK@DJAYMONTREAL.COM 6:04 PM - 18 November, 2015
hey guys, well i had bought that 15 macbook pro late 2011, it worked great but crashed and is now at apple to hopefully get a new MB/video card and CPU from a recall.
so im back to using the dell
i have an option to use a 2013 imac, yes large but my partner is using one.
compared to buying a new pc what do you think?
and ME has a limitation for me, no karaoke unless i convert 350gb to mp4

thanks
Funkytownstopsix 2:06 PM - 19 November, 2015
I would use an I mac if I had too to get me by!!! As for the karaoke ME I have tried it but it does work in serato as I have tried it and they were not MP4's.
Barritone 3:48 AM - 4 January, 2016
Plz i need your help on dis plz.. i use Hp pavilion core i5 6gm Amd dedicated but still when i record my video mix it drag a little bit plz whats the solution to dis
Funkytownstopsix 3:25 PM - 6 January, 2016
drags!!!! please explain
dj.patrick256 2:41 AM - 9 February, 2016
Hi Guys. MY PC laptop has these specs But serato video crashes when I load the same video on both decks, And when i'm playing from an external drive the videos are all chopped up. I optimized my pc to serato dj and serato video.

I Was advised by a friend to try and hackintosh my pc for dual os but still skeptical if it will work. What am I doing wrong for the pc not to work flawlessly?

HP 17t-n100
Windows 10 Pro 64
6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ Processor Quad-Core + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4GB Discrete Graphics(for 3D Camera)
Display 17.3-inch diagonal Full HD WLED-backlit IPS Display (1920x1080)
Hard Drives 4TB
Memory 16GB DDR3 - 2 DIMM
Networking Intel 802.11ac WLAN and Bluetooth(R) [1x1]
Intel 802.11ac WLAN and Bluetooth(R) [2x2]
Optical Drives SuperMulti DVD burner
Operating System Windows 10 64
Support 1-year limited hardware warranty, toll-free technical support; 1-year free limited software support (from date of purchase)
Video Cards 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M Graphics
Funkytownstopsix 8:56 PM - 19 February, 2016
Quote:
Hi Guys. MY PC laptop has these specs But serato video crashes when I load the same video on both decks, And when i'm playing from an external drive the videos are all chopped up. I optimized my pc to serato dj and serato video.

I Was advised by a friend to try and hackintosh my pc for dual os but still skeptical if it will work. What am I doing wrong for the pc not to work flawlessly?

HP 17t-n100
Windows 10 Pro 64
6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ Processor Quad-Core + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4GB Discrete Graphics(for 3D Camera)
Hard Drives 4TB
Support 1-year limited hardware warranty, toll-free technical support; 1-year free limited software support (from date of purchase)

Nice Laptop.. Been there done that with the hackintosh, I would not waste my time I would just by a mac if you wanted to do that. As a guy who loves to show off with a PC it will take a little work to get it up and running. You will have to use DirectShow QuickTime and yes you will have to use some lav. If you read these post you will have a good foundation on what to do. PC is not plug an play Mac is, I own both PC & MAC and up until last week I had a PC working very well with serato but it died. So I will now buy that Alienware Laptop I always wanted not for serato but for me. I have two MacBook Pro's. I hope you get the picture of what I am saying. If you have the time to spend you can get that PC running smooth with serato but it does take a lot of time. I no longer have the time so I have mac's
Funkytownstopsix 9:01 PM - 19 February, 2016
Oh if any laptop can do it,,,, it will be an HP everyone I have had has.. When I find the time I will try it with my AW DELL.... But it's hard to find time when I am enjoying life drinking beers and having fun.
Funkytownstopsix 7:25 AM - 21 February, 2016
Quote:

HP 17t-n100
Windows 10 Pro 64
Hard Drives 4TB

Say P,,,,, I got my AlienWare Laptop today was a little bored and decided that I wanted to try serato on it cause I read your post on Friday. So since it was a new laptop I had no files so I used my external drive it is a 3.0 usb drive no lag what so ever. My laptop has an intel graphics card in it along with a nvida 3gig. Things must have come a long way because I could run just my intel card and it worked fine except for HD Videos but when I ran the Nvida it worked so much better. Still for some reason windows and Quicktime don't play well together so I forced direct show and downloaded the newest version of K-lite codec...(in K-lite set up I choose advanced and pick the Copyback) I mixed for about 2 hours with no issues what so ever felt like I was on a Mac the whole time... I was getting 66 frames per second even while recording 720p at high. FYI I had to go into settings to make nvida card work with serato video. our laptops are not so far apart you got better specs...
Barritone 11:39 PM - 25 February, 2016
thank
kareljan 7:36 PM - 19 April, 2016
Problem SV.

Lenovo y510p

W8.1-64
intel i7-4700MQ
8gb
ssd
sli 2 x GF755MX

Why is it working smooth.

2 x SD works ok
1 x SD + 1 X HD works bad
2 x HD works terrible.

Proccessor used under 2 x HD under 30%

Is my computer bad or SV?

Who can help me?
Code:E 12:59 AM - 20 April, 2016
Quote:
Is my computer bad or SV?

Serato Video is not the greatest in a windows environment.

Your specs are great and in a OSX world you would be able to run 5 or 6 layers of HD video at 60FPS no problem.

Hell my Mac is on the same level and I run 12 layers of HD video.

Better PC guys might know if there are better drivers for your video cards.

Are your video's on the SSD or on a external?

Are you just running Serato and Serato Video and nothing else?