Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Numark Mixtrack Platinum with Serato DJ 1.9.2

11:00 PM, 1 Aug 2016
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Dj mxo 9:10 PM - 3 August, 2016
Enjoying the machine it does wonders. I always discover new styles i so love the machine
Itchin_4_A_Scratch 6:04 PM - 21 August, 2016
What were you using before the Platinum?
How do the jogs feel?
How functional do you feel the display really is?
DJ Dave Jordan 2:34 AM - 11 September, 2016
I have an NS6 and my backups have been a Mixtrack Pro II and Pro 3. I just switch out my Pro 3 for the Platinum and I think Numark has done it again with their Mixtrack series of controllers. If you have the previous Mixtrack controllers, there's nothing wrong with keeping them, because they are great. This adds some new wrinkles that can only enhance your capabilities. A lot of bang for your buck.
DJmoustique 1:56 PM - 12 September, 2016
Just got my Mixtrack platinum... I comes from Mixtrack Pro 3. My first impressions are good : Beautiful device, useful LED, a gain knob , the job wheel are a cleary more hard ... But i can't find a way tro change de Pitch Range on serato DJ Intro. The combinaison Shift + Pitch was working on Mixtrack pro 3 ...But not on platinum. I have asked Numark about that and i still wait the answer. If there is no way to do it... i think it willd be a major problem for a lot of DJ...
DJ Dave Jordan 3:46 PM - 12 September, 2016
Djmoustique, check to see if that feature is available if you are Serato DJ versus Intro with the Platinum.
DJ PoLoboy28 9:54 AM - 23 September, 2016
I just picked up the platinum controller and using it with a MacBook Pro. For some reason I have a lag to ever scratch and cross fader and cue pad I press? Does anyone knows what's that about?
Itchin_4_A_Scratch 1:03 PM - 23 September, 2016
Quote:
I just picked up the platinum controller and using it with a MacBook Pro. For some reason I have a lag to ever scratch and cross fader and cue pad I press? Does anyone knows what's that about?

Check your buffer settings and try running it with just the Platinum connected.
jeremybastard 8:28 PM - 7 November, 2016
Ok so I unfortunately need to buy a controller for a new weekly gig I'm starting because I don't love djing a six hour set using serato internal. Here's my question, will I need to re-buy serato dj if I'm DJing without my SL3?

Furthermore, will I be able to run it WITH my SL3 and simply use the Numark as a control surface but use it's output or headphone jack?

Thanks
jeremybastard 8:31 PM - 7 November, 2016
Quote:
Ok so I unfortunately need to buy a controller for a new weekly gig I'm starting because I don't love djing a six hour set using serato internal. Here's my question, will I need to re-buy serato dj if I'm DJing without my SL3?

Furthermore, will I be able to run it WITH my SL3 and simply use the Numark as a control surface but use it's output or headphone jack?

Thanks

Obviously I'd be bringing my own mixer but I have a small one that sounds pretty decent.
0161-Jon 10:08 AM - 21 November, 2016
I have been having no end of trouble with this unit. I use OSX 10.9.5 and after manual changes got it working with Serato Intro. It won't work with Serato DJ though! I have been round in circles with Numark and Serato Support and can't get it fixed. The retailer have said Numark say this unit is not supported for Serato DJ, only Intro so they can't do anything else. Both Numark and Serato support have taken over my computer with Team Viewer to try and solve and no joy. Sent back to retailer, they tested a few different units and had same issues so say it's not a faulty unit. It's been gong on a month now and we are no closer. So frustrating and if it turns out Numark don't support Serato DJ for this controller I will be fuming. Anyone else had issues?
Itchin_4_A_Scratch 2:08 PM - 21 November, 2016
@0161-Jon the Numark website clearly says that the Mixtrack Platinum is Serato DJ Upgrade Ready.
Get your money back from the retailer not a lot to talk about.

Would have never waste 30 days with a situation like this.
Itchin_4_A_Scratch 2:15 PM - 21 November, 2016
Also if you look at the FAQ under the heading of
"Which DJ software does the Mixtrack Platinum come shipped with?"

It says it can be upgraded to Serato DJ.
chico4 10:26 PM - 26 November, 2016
Does anyone know if there's a controller skin for the mixtrak platinum?
f swift 5:58 AM - 22 January, 2017
Great Controller, Nice screens etc
I'm vinyl DJ, so I found this controller good at FIRST !

I connected my Mixtrack Platinum from my laptop to the unit via USB
I Upgraded to Full Serato Dj, But every time I connect up with My Mixtrack Platinum, I hear a hum or buzzing sound (When Serato DJ is Launched)
Why is this ? I think there is some kind of grounding issue with the unit, Serato or Numark need to address the problem?
Dj shorllykay 4:11 AM - 3 August, 2017
WHICH HARDWARE ARE FIT USE FOR MY NUMARK PLATINUM....I USE 1.9.6 ND MY SYSTEM IS HANGING
Oldschooldj 5:33 PM - 15 August, 2017
I have the Mixtrack Platinum on the way and I'm quite anxious. I am truly sorry to see these issues popping up. I have been with Numark since the introduction of the NS7 fx with Itch. NS 6 with several versions of Serato DJ and would not trade them for anything. I have suffered some beta glitches, hardware issues and software nightmares (start track 1 and 2 grinds to a stop..echo wont go away for about 25 minutes etc.) I have worked them through with great frustration and time consumption and I am glad I did. I have learned alot through time about the technology that I love when Numark couldn't fix it and Serato let me down I just stayed with it until I found a way around or without it.
I hope I can find a (non-permanent) skin for this controller, I need it to be white with all the functions labelled and the only thing I can find online is for the Pro series. If anyone knows a talented skin designer producer, please let me know.
DJKOMO 7:35 AM - 16 August, 2017
HOW MUCH IS IT IN GHANA CEDIS

AND HOW TO GET IT
DJKOMO 7:38 AM - 16 August, 2017
Please this is my WHATSAPP LINE +233 0549875311 I NEED IT SERIOUS
Matthew, C. M 3:49 PM - 18 November, 2017
I've Using Numark Pro3 with serato DJ intro 1.2 for about two years now. I recently downloaded and install 1.3 and trouble started. The scratch wheel go on but serato can't detect the device. I've tried the device on another computer with serato intro 1.2 but the problem persist. Any help her will be highly appreciated. My system's OS is windows 10.
sonnyspade 7:05 PM - 30 May, 2020
Quote:
Just got my Mixtrack platinum... I comes from Mixtrack Pro 3. My first impressions are good : Beautiful device, useful LED, a gain knob , the job wheel are a cleary more hard ... But i can't find a way tro change de Pitch Range on serato DJ Intro. The combinaison Shift + Pitch was working on Mixtrack pro 3 ...But not on platinum. I have asked Numark about that and i still wait the answer. If there is no way to do it... i think it willd be a major problem for a lot of DJ...

Here's how I did it: www.reddit.com
sonnyspade 7:08 PM - 30 May, 2020
Quote:
I've Using Numark Pro3 with serato DJ intro 1.2 for about two years now. I recently downloaded and install 1.3 and trouble started. The scratch wheel go on but serato can't detect the device. I've tried the device on another computer with serato intro 1.2 but the problem persist. Any help her will be highly appreciated. My system's OS is windows 10.

I had the same problem with Windows 10. I did some troubleshooting and it turned out to be FL Studio was open at the same time, which was taking over my sound card. A reboot and clean load of Serato worked. I also find that loading Serato before plugging in controller seems to be more reliable. Hope any of this helps.