Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Support for Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 in Serato DJ club kit

keithers 8:41 PM - 17 May, 2016
Hi, is this something that is actively being worked on? No one seems to be able to comment on if (or when) this is something that may come out in the future. Not too stoked to have to move everything over to Rekordbox, but don't really have an option...
gav Clifton 10:17 AM - 23 May, 2016
I think it's more to do with Pioneer not allowing it to be done than Serato not wanting to do it, as they are pushing rekordbox, and what better way to push it than have all the new gear only work with there own software.
keithers 9:06 PM - 23 May, 2016
Heard from pioneer that there are ongoing negotiations for club kit support for the 900nxs2.

I already own serato dj, is there a way to purchase club kit separately? In the online store it only shows the bundle with serato dj+ club kit
djkurve 11:17 PM - 23 May, 2016
"Pioneer DJ is currently in negotiation with Serato and Native Instruments to have full HID support for their software but we don't have a timeline for implementation."

forums.pioneerdj.com
keithers 12:36 AM - 27 July, 2016
anyone hear any updates on this? it has been a few months now...
keithers 11:26 PM - 14 September, 2016
been a few more months...any update on this?
amsioso 8:08 AM - 15 September, 2016
Hi!!
Please go to this Pioneer's forum link and tell what you think about. Maybe If we are all together Pioneer listen to us...

forums.pioneerdj.com
keithers 4:15 PM - 15 September, 2016
When I did that, I got the above response. That they were in negotiations but nothing final. That was months ago. Real bummer
amsioso 4:25 PM - 15 September, 2016
Go and tell this in this link!!
Maybe together they listen to us.
For any strange reason they dont close the post as usually do...
forums.pioneerdj.com
Serato, Moderator
James_M 1:22 AM - 16 September, 2016
Hey guys,

We are currently working on implementing support for the DJM900NXS2 now.

It's hard to say when this work will be complete as there is some back-and-forth regarding firmware developments, and is more complex than the implementation for the original NXS, but you can be assured that it is happening.

I understand it's been a while coming for some of you regular users, so we appreciate your patience and taking the time to give us feedback and staying involved with the Serato community.

Cheers,
amsioso 6:14 AM - 16 September, 2016
Thanks for the info!!
BRUSS 9:03 AM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
Hey guys,

We are currently working on implementing support for the DJM900NXS2 now.

It's hard to say when this work will be complete as there is some back-and-forth regarding firmware developments, and is more complex than the implementation for the original NXS, but you can be assured that it is happening.

I understand it's been a while coming for some of you regular users, so we appreciate your patience and taking the time to give us feedback and staying involved with the Serato community.

Cheers,

Fantastic news James! thanks for keeping us in the loop
ezrock 10:13 PM - 18 September, 2016
Hello
DJs

I started looking for a 4 channel mixer i saw the DJM-900NSX2 LOVE WHAT I SAW.
so i when out and got me one. Didn't think it will be a issue with the software.its seem i can't use it with searto-dj .i see its been in the works for a long time.i don't want to return it.so pioneer and serato need to get together lol .. need help plz
keithers 3:09 PM - 2 October, 2016
Quote:
Hello
DJs

I started looking for a 4 channel mixer i saw the DJM-900NSX2 LOVE WHAT I SAW.
so i when out and got me one. Didn't think it will be a issue with the software.its seem i can't use it with searto-dj .i see its been in the works for a long time.i don't want to return it.so pioneer and serato need to get together lol .. need help plz

In the meantime, you will need to get familiar with Rekordbox, unless you kept your other mixer for Serato DJ
ezrock 3:58 PM - 2 October, 2016
well thats what iam doing for now Rekordbox it is for now . i have 2 setups .so aim good.
keithers 12:18 AM - 6 October, 2016
Quote:
well thats what iam doing for now Rekordbox it is for now . i have 2 setups .so aim good.

I'm beginning to like Rekordbox more and more with each update, but Serato DJ is still waaaaay more polished. Having to import each track individually to be able to play it within Rekordbox is a drag. That is why I have wanted NXS2 support in Serato for so long :(