DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Numark NS7II Display - Doesn't work ? It is a your problem.

gevola 9:32 AM - 2 March, 2016
Hello guys,
I have recently made an order ( but immediately deleted it ), about the Numark NS7II Display.
I'm an owner of a NS7II and I tried to expand it.
After I have made the order (of the Display), I found on a Numark forum a discussion about the performance of this Display.
This is the link : community.numark.com

Seems that on new MacBook devices it is not possible to use the Display, since Serato stops to work after 10 minutes about. The problem is on Numark Display driver.

When I found this thread, this issue was marked as SOLVED.
The solution suggested by Numark was to purchase a thunderbolt to USB adapter (www.apple.com).
NOTE: They wrote this issue also in their Knowledge Base page: www.numark.com

For me this is not the solution but just a TEMPORARY workaround, since we are discussing of a product that was released just 6 months ago.
10 August, 2015 was released Serato DJ compatible with the Numark Display.
serato.com

Going ahead, in this thread there is a guy that purchased the thunderbolt to USB adapter.

After lot of test tests ... the result is that also using this workaround (NOTE: he spent money buying the adapter) the issue is still there.

I think (it is my idea) that this problem could be present also on the new Numark "Dashboard" Outboard 3-screen display (www.numark.com).

When I tried to ask more details to a Numark employee ( Chris ), the answer was:
1) Mark the thread as "unresolved" ( I wrote immediately why this thread was marked as solved )
2) He wrote the following sentence:
Quote:
Hello,
Your issue along with every other issue posed here in this thread is irrelevant to Dashboard users. We appreciate the feedback but its a different product compared to your NS7II screens. The Dashboard is for universal DJ controllers. Your NS7II screen is only for the NS7 series controllers. Every single user experience posted here is isolated to their own computer, whats connected to their computer, how they are DJing, and their environment that they are DJing in. There is no 1 answer to post here to rectify all of your issues. That being said, instead of posting here, lets get you support with a an agent right away which will be much easier to help you out and quicker. Please call into technical support by logging onto www.numark.com. Their office contact numbers are listed on that page. Call the office near your region to help you out.

Just to summarize .... Numark makes an hardware, we spent money to purchase it ... and if we have some problems ... is not a Numark issue.!
That is incredible for me.

So now, I'm asking if someone here with this Display device, have found some issues and in case how you have fixed it.

Any reply will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Dj Shamann 10:15 AM - 2 March, 2016
He says right in his reply that they can help you, he even gave you the link to get help (which is a Numark link) which is the opposite of telling you it's not their issue. You're also doing pretty much the opposite of getting help by posting here.

If English is not your first language than maybe you misunderstood what was said, but if it is, you need to read that response again.
gevola 11:41 AM - 2 March, 2016
Can I ask you if in case of problem with Serato you will start to contact directly the Serato guys, or if there is already a Thread discussion you will start to follow (and report) them ?

Yes I'm not English, so I confirm that I can loose the meaning of some word.

Anyway it is not my problem yet.
I don't have bought yet the Display. NUMARK already know this issue since they have reported here :
Quote:

So it is fine for you if you want to buy a device, the constructor of the device know that there are some issue with some MacBook Pro
Quote:
MacBookPro11,4 MacBookPro11,5
and then it reply to you to contact directly the engineers ????

This is an example of what I'm expecting from a real company:
dj.rane.com
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 8:35 PM - 3 March, 2016
Quote:
Can I ask you if in case of problem with Serato you will start to contact directly the Serato guys, or if there is already a Thread discussion you will start to follow (and report) them ?

Yes I'm not English, so I confirm that I can loose the meaning of some word.

Anyway it is not my problem yet.
I don't have bought yet the Display. NUMARK already know this issue since they have reported here :
Quote:

So it is fine for you if you want to buy a device, the constructor of the device know that there are some issue with some MacBook Pro
Quote:
MacBookPro11,4 MacBookPro11,5
and then it reply to you to contact directly the engineers ????

This is an example of what I'm expecting from a real company:
dj.rane.com

Hello gevola,

As Dj Shamann kindly said, posting here is not going to resolve your issue any quicker. Can you talk an agent in English? Is that why you haven't phoned into technical Numark Support yet? If so, please tell us which language you speak so that we can do our best to get you help over the phone. We want to help you out. Speaking to you verbally seems like the best method for your case. Please private message me the language that you speak and your phone number. Thanks!
gevola 11:04 PM - 3 March, 2016
------------ This is the story ------------

January 2015 - Numark announces NS7II Display (NAMM 2015)

May 2015 - Apple releases the MacBookPro 11.4 / MacBookPro 11.5

August 2015 - Serato releases Serato DJ 1.7.7 with Numark NS7II Display support.

September 2015 - Numark NS7II Display it is available on the market.

October 2015 - Start to appear the first feedback of the NS7II Display:
www.bhphotovideo.com

November 2015 - Numark publish the following article:
www.numark.com
They suggests to buy a Kanex USB to Thunderbolt adapter.

January 2016 - I found a thread on a Numark fourm (marked as solved)
community.numark.com

January 2016 - Ian Knowles bought the Kanex USB to Thunderbolt adapter.

January - February 2016 - On Numark thread there are a lot of deleted posts (probably someone that doesn't speak english well).

February 2016 - Ian Knowles using the Kanex USB to Thunderbolt adapter finds a workaround that allow him to play without any issues.

February 2016 - Ian Knowles writes that also using the USB adapter the issue is still there.

March 2016 - Numark changes the thread status from Solved to Acknowledged.

Quote:
As Dj Shamann kindly said, posting here is not going to resolve your issue any quicker. Can you talk an agent in English?

As I replied to Dj Shamann, I don't have any problem yet .. since I don't have any NS7II Display yet.
So why I have to speek with the Numark Support or send you a Private Message ?

Will the new Numark "Dashboard" "Outboard 3-screen display" working fine with also the MacBookPro 11.4/11.5 ?
Numark has already fixed this issue on the new product ?

In affirmative case, why I have to buy now a NS7II Display that cannot work well (also buying the adapter) ?
I will wait to see when the Dashboard will be released, I will check their feedback and in case, I will buy it.
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 1:57 PM - 4 March, 2016
Quote:

August 2015 - Serato releases Serato DJ 1.7.7 with Numark NS7II Display support.

www.bhphotovideo.com

www.numark.com

community.numark.com

January - February 2016 - On Numark thread there are a lot of deleted posts (probably someone that doesn't speak english well).

February 2016 - Ian Knowles using the Kanex USB to Thunderbolt adapter finds a workaround that allow him to play without any issues.

February 2016 - Ian Knowles writes that also using the USB adapter the issue is still there.

Hello gevola,

What is your purpose of posting all of that? Are you trying to make a point or something? Every user experience will be different as Chris D posted in that thread. You may not have any issues what so ever with the NS7 screens. Regarding the upcoming Numark Dashboard, we currently don't foresee any issues with our upcoming Dashboard and the latest Mac models as you posted there. I would recommend in the future that you don't believe and read everything you read on the internet. Most of the time, issues you see posted in threads or forums are due to user error, not being educated on what supports what, or they simply were not following directions. Most of the time, its an isolated case that can be rectified by calling into support and getting it handled on a one on one basis. If we feel there is a legit issue on our end, we will address it accordingly in our Numark Knowledge Base articles as you already read and seen - www.numark.com.
Gio Alex 4:28 PM - 4 March, 2016
Wait so this dude doesn't even own the product yet and he's complaining?
gevola 11:09 PM - 4 March, 2016
Quote:

Would you buy a device with the following feedback?
Quote:
www.bhphotovideo.com
Escottx from New York, NY : Good Looking Bad Sounding
... After playing music with the NS7II with the display connected, you get distorted sound (after about 5-10 minutes) ...
Silby from NYC : Stay away unless you like Beta Testing expensive products...
.... static and slowness shows up in my set about 2min-5min everytime and I need to restart everything ...

community.numark.com
K-Ryp : I WILL NOT purchase this kennex cable. If the product needed it to work, then Numark should have included it in the box. This is pure BS by Numark.
Dj Flip 27 : Just admit that NS7iii needs a firmware update, because this is unacceptable.
I've been a die hard Numark fan for 12 years, and this is the 1st time I've come across an unacceptable issue.
Ian Knowles : "BEST CONTROLLER EVER" (which I would agree if it worked as expected)
Died again just before a gig. Couldn't do the full AV show :(
1000+ people in Dublin...
Wifi Off, Correct audio profile bugging out 1-2 mins

I'm just asking to have few answers to the following questions ... nothing else :

Quote:
Most of the time, its an isolated case that can be rectified by calling into support and getting it handled on a one on one basis.
Why Numark says (www.numark.com):
Quote:
2015 Macbook Pro USB Issues
Of special note, there is an issue with some of the 2015 Apple Macbook Pro model USB ports which may cause specific problems with USB audio devices.
Price of NS7II Display = $299.00
Price of Kanex Thunderbolt to eSATA + USB 3.0 Adapter = $79.95
Do you think this could be considered a final solution for a product released just 7 months ago?
Answer : YES or NOT ?

Is Numark still working to solve this problem on NS7II Display ?

Quote:
Will the new Numark "Dashboard" "Outboard 3-screen display" working fine with also the MacBookPro 11.4/11.5 ? Have you tried with this MacBookPro ?
don't foresee any issues

If Dashboard doesn't have any problem can the same fix be introduced on NS7II Display?

If NOT ... just a couple of words to understand why ... (hardware problem, firmware problem ... )

I'm asking too much ?
I don't believe.
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 2:12 PM - 7 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Would you buy a device with the following feedback?
Quote:
www.bhphotovideo.com
Escottx from New York, NY : Good Looking Bad Sounding
... After playing music with the NS7II with the display connected, you get distorted sound (after about 5-10 minutes) ...
Silby from NYC : Stay away unless you like Beta Testing expensive products...
.... static and slowness shows up in my set about 2min-5min everytime and I need to restart everything ...

Our Response: Number one, please understand that the Serato Forum is for support for software related issues. What you're posting about is hardware related or a setup issue and you should've only posted on the community.numark.com - Numark Forum as you were before. Posting here will not help you. I recommend from this point on to call Numark Technical Support to help you out - www.numark.com.

Secondly, don't believe everything you read on the internet.. Everybody's case will be isolated to their own computer, whats connected to their computer, how they are DJing, and their environment that they are DJing in. There is no one answer to post here to rectify all of your issues. Please call into Numark Technical Support - www.numark.com.

community.numark.com
K-Ryp : I WILL NOT purchase this kennex cable. If the product needed it to work, then Numark should have included it in the box. This is pure BS by Numark.
Dj Flip 27 : Just admit that NS7iii needs a firmware update, because this is unacceptable.
I've been a die hard Numark fan for 12 years, and this is the 1st time I've come across an unacceptable issue.
Ian Knowles : "BEST CONTROLLER EVER" (which I would agree if it worked as expected)
Died again just before a gig. Couldn't do the full AV show :(
1000+ people in Dublin...
Wifi Off, Correct audio profile bugging out 1-2 mins

I'm just asking to have few answers to the following questions ... nothing else :

Quote:
Most of the time, its an isolated case that can be rectified by calling into support and getting it handled on a one on one basis.
Why Numark says (www.numark.com):
Quote:
2015 Macbook Pro USB Issues
Of special note, there is an issue with some of the 2015 Apple Macbook Pro model USB ports which may cause specific problems with USB audio devices.
Price of NS7II Display = $299.00
Price of Kanex Thunderbolt to eSATA + USB 3.0 Adapter = $79.95
Do you think this could be considered a final solution for a product released just 7 months ago?

Is Numark still working to solve this problem on NS7II Display ?

Our Response: We've already addressed this www.numark.com

Quote:
Will the new Numark "Dashboard" "Outboard 3-screen display" working fine with also the MacBookPro 11.4/11.5 ? Have you tried with this MacBookPro ?
don't foresee any issues

If Dashboard doesn't have any problem can the same fix be introduced on NS7II Display?

Our Response: A firmware update most of the time can rectify any hardware issue from any manufacturer. If a firmware update is needed for the NS7 screens, then Numark will post one on the NS7II Display product page - www.numark.com.

If NOT ... just a couple of words to understand why ... (hardware problem, firmware problem ... )

I'm asking too much ?
I don't believe.
gevola 10:05 PM - 19 March, 2016
Quote:
Our Response: Number one, please understand that the Serato Forum is for support for software related issues. What you're posting about is hardware related or a setup issue and you should've only posted on the community.numark.com - Numark Forum as you were before. Posting here will not help you. I recommend from this point on to call Numark Technical Support to help you out - www.numark.com.
As usual, you don't have till today any clear picture about the status of the problem and IF you will be able to solve it.

Quote:
Secondly, don't believe everything you read on the internet.. Everybody's case will be isolated to their own computer, whats connected to their computer, how they are DJing, and their environment that they are DJing in. There is no one answer to post here to rectify all of your issues. Please call into Numark Technical Support - www.numark.com.

Quote:
Our Response: We've already addressed this www.numark.com
Are you really sure Numark fixed the problem

hmmmmm ..... NumarkChris, please check what other people write in YOUR OFFICIAL forum.
community.numark.com
Quote:
A total shit !!!!!

community.numark.com
Quote:
I'm using. 2014 production. Unfortunately, the Kanex Thunderbolt cable did not solve the problem !! very frustrating

NumarkChris, as Chris D already dis .... you will start to delete these comments/posts in your forum?
gevola 9:26 PM - 31 March, 2016
Hello NumarkChris do you have any update ?
DJ Remix Detroit 9:37 PM - 31 March, 2016
gevola, why dont you just buy it, then hook it up and go from there?
gevola 9:54 PM - 31 March, 2016
You cannot believe, but I'm waiting for the new Numark Dashboard display.
www.numark.com

I saw other people that bought the "old" Numark display having issue also if they bought the external USB 3.0 Adapter, as Numark suggested.

What I don't like is when issues are hidden. On Numark forum Chris continues to delete all the new messages. Do you think this is a the good approach to communicate with people that bought their device?

Also here in this thread, nobody reported issues or happy to work with the Numark display.

So I'm a little bit confused about how the Numark support works.
DJ Remix Detroit 9:57 PM - 31 March, 2016
Quote:
So I'm a little bit confused about how the Numark support works.

here's how it works:

1. buy the product

2. use the product

3. if there are any problems with the product, contact numark support: www.numark.com

very simple
gevola 10:14 PM - 31 March, 2016
Quote:
3. if there are any problems with the product, contact numark support: www.numark.com

yes .. this could be a valid option if you can accept to loose money spent to buy the display.

For the all guys that reported the problem, there isn't any reply from Numark say:
"We are working to fix the problem, please wait .. "

If you check the communication on Rane Web site you can understand that Rane are working to fix the problem (and now seems fixed).
dj.rane.com
Instead of Numark company that doesn't reply to the people.

NOTE: I have a Numark NS7II and I'm happy to use it.
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 1:10 PM - 1 April, 2016
Hello,

I agree with DJ Remix Detroit. Buy it, Try it then contact us if you have any issues - www.numark.com.

Secondly gevola, Chris D from Numark hasn't been deleting every "New" comment that has been posted. This is incorrect after speaking to him. Understand inappropriate comments, posts and language is not tolerated on their forum. Their forum rules are different then this forum. You must abide by their rules and post appropriately or yes, your "New" inappropriate comment will probably be deleted.

Lastly, Numark has replied to all of their posts that needed a comment. If you keep on posting the same question over and over and over again, then you're going to get the same answer by that moderator until that moderator hears any different. The moderator on the Numark Forum is not trying to give you or anyone else a hard time but if there's nothing else new to post from what was asked then why keep posting the same answer over and over again?

Look for a firmware update this weekend or next week regarding the NS7II Displays. This update will be posted on the www.numark.com product page. The update will ultimately turn a NS7II Dispaly into a Numark Dashboard. All of the latest updates for the Dashboard will be loaded onto the NS7II Display. The latest update will also resolve any known issues that stemmed from the NS7II Display too.
djkurve 4:20 AM - 11 April, 2016
Quote:
Look for a firmware update this weekend or next week regarding the NS7II Displays. This update will be posted on the www.numark.com product page. The update will ultimately turn a NS7II Dispaly into a Numark Dashboard. All of the latest updates for the Dashboard will be loaded onto the NS7II Display. The latest update will also resolve any known issues that stemmed from the NS7II Display too.

Typical Numark... Still no update...
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:04 PM - 11 April, 2016
the lesson to be learned here is to not buy numark gear
djkurve 4:47 PM - 11 April, 2016
Quote:
the lesson to be learned here is to not buy numark gear

Mental note taken.....
adios1969 1:23 AM - 3 May, 2016
Numark at this point Sucks in my book. Bought the NS7II and then 2 months later they announce the NS7III. Oh yeah you could buy the screens for $299. Great. No discount for current owners. First F You! then I buy this $299 paperweight that won't even work right. I can't update the damn this without a direct connect from Macbook to controller. Update the drivers, firmware, and Serato and still nothing. Contact Numark Tech support and they send me a link to firmware 1.5. Do update. Firmware reads 1.5 updated, but USB Audio panel shows 1.0. Connect screens to Port on NS7II and screen usb to laptop. Damn thing doesn't connect. Look up forums to find out a new update coming. Then WTF didn't tech support say that to me instead of trying to fix this POS!!! Getting ready to trade it in at Guitar Center and get the Pioneer. My friends were right, NUMARK SUCKS!!!
adios1969 1:32 AM - 3 May, 2016
Quote:
Hello,

I agree with DJ Remix Detroit. Buy it, Try it then contact us if you have any issues - www.numark.com.

Secondly gevola, Chris D from Numark hasn't been deleting every "New" comment that has been posted. This is incorrect after speaking to him. Understand inappropriate comments, posts and language is not tolerated on their forum. Their forum rules are different then this forum. You must abide by their rules and post appropriately or yes, your "New" inappropriate comment will probably be deleted.

Lastly, Numark has replied to all of their posts that needed a comment. If you keep on posting the same question over and over and over again, then you're going to get the same answer by that moderator until that moderator hears any different. The moderator on the Numark Forum is not trying to give you or anyone else a hard time but if there's nothing else new to post from what was asked then why keep posting the same answer over and over again?

Bought it, tried it, know it sucks!!! Wish I could get my money back. And your tech support sucks!
DJ Remix Detroit 11:46 AM - 4 May, 2016
Quote:
Wish I could get my money back.

this is why you buy from places like Guitar Center, that way if you dont like it, you have 30 days to get your money back, no questions asked.

you guys need to get your retail game up...lol
Gio Alex 6:46 PM - 4 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Wish I could get my money back.

this is why you buy from places like Guitar Center, that way if you dont like it, you have 30 days to get your money back, no questions asked.

you guys need to get your retail game up...lol

^^^ All great points
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:53 PM - 4 May, 2016
or usa needs better consumer laws, if a product is not fit for purpose you are entitled to a refund
Papa Midnight 8:14 PM - 4 May, 2016
Is this thread serious?

The guy doesn't even own the product he's bashing - nay: he hasn't even used the product he's bashing.

Meanwhile, NumarkChris, has replied to every single comment that guy made that necessitated a reply.

It was established the guy didn't own the product, has no intention of buying the product, and has no desire to help himself by taking a single one of the avenues offered.

Yet, here we have two others who have decided to board the "Numark Sucks" train, and some other dude who jumped on the train because he bought a product, and got mad that a new version was released. Gee, I hope this guy doesn't own an iPhone.

Consumers should always take things with a grain of salt, and should take practices to make sure that there isn't overwhelming indication that something doesn't work before buying it - but one guy linking a couple of hand-picked quotes taken out of context from a thread on an entirely different forum and coming on here to complain that "company a" or "product b" "sucks" when they don't even own it, nor have they even used it, is downright comical.
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:25 PM - 4 May, 2016
well i had a glance over there on the numark forums and their solution for months was for people to buy a apple thunderbolt to usb adapter so do you consider that an acceptable answer rather then fix the main issue?

not to mention numark deleting negative posts about the product

i stand by my numark sucks comment
dizzyrocks2001 9:08 PM - 4 May, 2016
Quote:
Is this thread serious?

The guy doesn't even own the product he's bashing - nay: he hasn't even used the product he's bashing.

Meanwhile, NumarkChris, has replied to every single comment that guy made that necessitated a reply.

It was established the guy didn't own the product, has no intention of buying the product, and has no desire to help himself by taking a single one of the avenues offered.

Yet, here we have two others who have decided to board the "Numark Sucks" train, and some other dude who jumped on the train because he bought a product, and got mad that a new version was released. Gee, I hope this guy doesn't own an iPhone.

Consumers should always take things with a grain of salt, and should take practices to make sure that there isn't overwhelming indication that something doesn't work before buying it - but one guy linking a couple of hand-picked quotes taken out of context from a thread on an entirely different forum and coming on here to complain that "company a" or "product b" "sucks" when they don't even own it, nor have they even used it, is downright comical.

Well put, I couldn't have said it any better myself. I've been using the Numark Dashboard with my NS7ii and I haven't had any problems, so I don't know what all this bashing is about.
Papa Midnight 12:03 AM - 5 May, 2016
Quote:
their solution for months was for people to buy a apple thunderbolt to usb adapter so do you consider that an acceptable answer rather then fix the main issue?

I read the reply from the user "Chris D" on that forum, and their words (community.numark.com) were exactly as follows:

Quote:

Thanks for posting this and the detailed information along with it. As with any USB audio interface, there are many potential causes of symptoms like distortion, artifacts (clicks/pops/crackling), and latency. The following guide provides some helpful tips to troubleshoot this - click here.

We have currently confirmed this symptom for Mac models 2014 and up. With newer Mac models, the USB ports of Apple Macbook Pro models 2014 and up may cause specific issues with USB audio devices. This issue has been confirmed by not just our hardware but by multiple third party hardware companies. We are currently looking into resolving this. The current and quick fix has been the Apple Store - Kanex Thunderbolt to eSATA + USB 3.0 Adapter. (www.apple.com)

I've placed emphasis on the last line because it does not state that it is a solution. It says that they are looking into a solution, and are offering a suggestion for a "quick fix" that has been shown to work.

It's even further reiterated later in that same thread:

Quote:
We're currently looking into this symptom[/b] with the current and newer Macbook models. I'll post back more about this when I hear more from my team. If you would like a quick fix instead, you could use the Kanex USB to Thunderbolt adapter...

That's not a recommended solution, it's exactly what it says it is: a "quick fix". I get where you're coming form: if it was a offered as an official solution, I'd be in full agreement with you that it's entirely unacceptable. However, it does not appear to be offered as one.
pdidy 1:54 AM - 5 May, 2016
Papa Midnight has clearly done his homework on said issue, the rest of you can just orig08.deviantart.net lol
Gio Alex 2:36 PM - 5 May, 2016
Quote:
Papa Midnight has clearly done his homework on said issue, the rest of you can just orig08.deviantart.net lol

LOL
Anastation 6:57 PM - 6 May, 2016
When numark will release the firmware update on the NS7 Display to make it work with the same features as the Dashboard?
djkurve 7:12 PM - 6 May, 2016
Quote:
When numark will release the firmware update on the NS7 Display to make it work with the same features as the Dashboard?

According to one of their employees posting on this forum, it was supposed to happen last month. But as usual Numark just blowing smoke out of their asses.
djkurve 12:15 AM - 11 May, 2016
Seems like there's a new sheriff on the Numark forums. The plot thickens! LMAO!

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com
pdidy 12:37 AM - 11 May, 2016
Quote:

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

This is the PERFECT example of why serato/Rane does not give ETA's.....lol

Users will hold you too it, then fuck over the one and only person who was actively trying to help...WOW

Alleging Chris D "LIED" is pretty fuckedup....smh
djkurve 1:23 AM - 11 May, 2016
The only thing that gets me is that no one from Numark will acknowledge if that is true or not...
Papa Midnight 3:25 AM - 11 May, 2016
Quote:

Quote:

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

Stuff like this is exactly why I hate giving ETAs - which is ironic, because I also look for ETAs from people on when they think something will be done by. But I'm also realistic: shit happens. When shit happens, though, expectations need to be managed which brings me to this point:

What we have here is a case of information having been provided to Chris D that was possibly accurate at the time, but has since obviously become invalid. Now, I imagine Product Managers are trying to get people to get their crap in order to provide an updated ETA.

Community managers can't give false expectations, and they can't really respond on these matters either till word comes down on how they'll be moving forward. So... there's the situation Numark finds themselves in. Either way, someone needs to say something or stuff is going to get crazy. They gave a date, and that date changed. Explain why, and move forward.

Quote:
Users will hold you too it, then fuck over the one and only person who was actively trying to help...WOW

Yeah, see... that's just not right. Unfortunately, Chris D is getting it like that because he's the face people see, therefore they're making the association of Chris D = Numark = Chris D = Numark (in an infinite loop).
djkurve 5:39 AM - 10 June, 2016
Quote:
Stuff like this is exactly why I hate giving ETAs - which is ironic, because I also look for ETAs from people on when they think something will be done by. But I'm also realistic: shit happens. When shit happens, though, expectations need to be managed which brings me to this point:

Yeah but at least Serato and Rane provide private/public betas. Hell pretty much every major software/hardware company has private/public betas!? Numark on the other hand thinks if they do all the firmware testing by themselves (in-house with no public/private beta testing from their customers) that there will be absolutely no problems with it before it's released to the public. *FACE PALM*

Quote:
What we have here is a case of information having been provided to Chris D that was possibly accurate at the time, but has since obviously become invalid. Now, I imagine Product Managers are trying to get people to get their crap in order to provide an updated ETA.

Community managers can't give false expectations, and they can't really respond on these matters either till word comes down on how they'll be moving forward. So... there's the situation Numark finds themselves in. Either way, someone needs to say something or stuff is going to get crazy. They gave a date, and that date changed. Explain why, and move forward.

I can only imagine how much of a cluster fuck it is over at InMusic. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I can't speak for the other companies under the InMusic umbrella, but Numark by far has the WORST customer service. There is zero transparency between Numark and the customers. All you'll get is a generic copy and paste answer from any of their given product manuals. Oh and god forbid you post any sort of sarcastic comment on their "community forums." It will always be deleted. They have a ZERO TOLERANCE for any sort of sarcasm/negativity on their "community forum." Because in Numarks eyes they can do no wrong and they are always right. :)

Quote:
Yeah, see... that's just not right. Unfortunately, Chris D is getting it like that because he's the face people see, therefore they're making the association of Chris D = Numark = Chris D = Numark (in an infinite loop).

I called in recently and asked for him specifically and I was informed he no longer works in tech support. He's now in the sales department.
Numark
NumarkCorey 6:37 PM - 10 June, 2016
Hi everyone!

It seems like this conversation has gotten a little out of hand and I'd like to chime in and try to clarify a few things:

Quote:

This is true. Normally an ETA would not have been released, so I'm not sure why one was released here, but please know that this was not intended to mislead customers in any way. Things happen, plans change and unfortunately there was some miscommunication somewhere in the process. I apologize that this was not addressed as soon as it appeared that the ETA was incorrect. Numark does not have an updated ETA on the release of the new firmware, though I will be happy to notify the thread as soon as any information is made available.

With that being said, this should not be cause for alarm for all of our NS7II display users. As we've seen here there are a few users who are experiencing trouble, some who don't even have the product and aren't actually experiencing any issues, and plenty who are happily using the product (Thanks for chiming in Papa Midnight and dizzyrocks2001!) What you don't see on the forums is that Chris D worked his ass off to make sure the issue was well-documented and narrowed down for the team to determine a cause and come up with a solution. It is now in the process of being resolved.

Please note that the products are always heavily tested before a release, yet there's still a chance that something will slip through the cracks. Even with public Betas (which Numark does do, most recently with the NS7II El Capitan driver). But when an issue appears, especially on a public forum, that issue cannot properly be confirmed until troubleshooting is done and user error is ruled out. A lot of times this means pointing customers towards user manuals and providing very specific instructions. It's never intended to undermine anyone, just to ensure that everyone is on the same page. You would be surprised how many "professionals" will cry wolf at the slightest hiccup, when really it's just user error, poor system specs, or poor management skills. Seriously, it's weird.

It's normal for posts to be deleted every now and then. Often times, especially when a serious issue arises, it's because the post is flagrant or distracting from the task at hand. If a user wants to chime in and report that they are experiencing the same issues and want to provide their system specs, that's great. That's very helpful. But as soon as that ends and the:
Quote:
Bought it, tried it, know it sucks!!!

begins, it gets much harder to have a productive conversation. This is where posts may be deleted if they only serve to distract from the task at hand or inflame controversy. But don't confuse this with no tolerance for negativity or feedback. Constructive criticism and feedback is what drives companies to create updates and build new products like the NS7III, NVII or optional displays for an NS7II!

Don't get me wrong. I understand that this must be incredibly frustrating if you're experiencing trouble with any product. Especially one you may rely on for performances. As has been mentioned an update is coming as fast as it possibly can. And in the meantime there is a very usable but temporary fix with the Kannex adapter for any one that is having trouble. This is a workaround and is not intended as a permanent solution. Please also note that OS X 10.11.4 seems to be a little more stable than previous operating systems. If you're going to use El Capitan, you might as well make sure you have the latest update.

Now, if you are seeing this post and think you may be experiencing what is being discussed here, please refer to our thread at the Numark Community Forum for details about symptoms and troubleshooting steps:

community.numark.com

Feel free to leave your concerns, though I'm not sure there is anything left to be said there. Just know that a permanent fix is on its way.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions. I promise that we're here to help :)
dizzyrocks2001 6:53 PM - 10 June, 2016
Ok, maybe my reply was a bit harsh but I was sick of hearing this guy's complaining lol (see my comment in the pic).
dizzyrocks2001 6:54 PM - 10 June, 2016
Oh wait, I can't seem to attach a pic. Anyways, I said... "OMG Jim Bob, would you shut up about this already?! It'll be ready when it's ready. Or just sell your NS7II screen and buy a Dashboard."
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:19 PM - 10 June, 2016
If your company can't release a firmware update in a timely manner then you have incompetent developers working there and that goes for rane as well, and deleting messages on your forum is a joke and just damage control on your side
djkurve 3:42 AM - 13 June, 2016
Quote:
Hi everyone!

It seems like this conversation has gotten a little out of hand and I'd like to chime in and try to clarify a few things:

That's cool and all that you come over to another companies forum and "clarify a few things", but would it hurt yourself (or more than one employee) to be more proactive on your own forums?

Quote:
This is true. Normally an ETA would not have been released, so I'm not sure why one was released here, but please know that this was not intended to mislead customers in any way. Things happen, plans change and unfortunately there was some miscommunication somewhere in the process. I apologize that this was not addressed as soon as it appeared that the ETA was incorrect. Numark does not have an updated ETA on the release of the new firmware, though I will be happy to notify the thread as soon as any information is made available.

The fact of the matter is an ETA was released by one of your employees, so a lot of customers (including myself) felt mislead after an update wasn't released based off that ETA date. The fact it took someone at Numark over 2 months to publicly address this is unacceptable. Oh and not to mention on the Serato forums nonetheless! I know being in the wrong sucks, but you need to take responsibility for your actions and quit misleading your customer base.

Quote:
With that being said, this should not be cause for alarm for all of our NS7II display users. As we've seen here there are a few users who are experiencing trouble, some who don't even have the product and aren't actually experiencing any issues, and plenty who are happily using the product (Thanks for chiming in Papa Midnight and dizzyrocks2001!) What you don't see on the forums is that Chris D worked his ass off to make sure the issue was well-documented and narrowed down for the team to determine a cause and come up with a solution. It is now in the process of being resolved.

Chris D and I were like a out of control roller coaster on your forums. lol! Apparently he's now working in sales, so I no longer have the joy of communicating with him. (Found that I whenever I called in and talked to your tech support team.) Plus before he got the boot from the forums he blocked from the forums. BTW I created my specific thread NS7III & NS7II Display Screen Requests back in November 2015 and 9 months later still no update.

community.numark.com

Quote:
Please note that the products are always heavily tested before a release, yet there's still a chance that something will slip through the cracks. Even with public Betas (which Numark does do, most recently with the NS7II El Capitan driver). But when an issue appears, especially on a public forum, that issue cannot properly be confirmed until troubleshooting is done and user error is ruled out. A lot of times this means pointing customers towards user manuals and providing very specific instructions. It's never intended to undermine anyone, just to ensure that everyone is on the same page. You would be surprised how many "professionals" will cry wolf at the slightest hiccup, when really it's just user error, poor system specs, or poor management skills. Seriously, it's weird.

I'm well aware of how both public/private beta software testing goes. I've been beta testing OS's, OSX's, iPhone firmware, Andrioid, firmware, Serato software, etc for years. Hell even been involved in some Alpha testing throughout the years as well. ;) Here's a fun fact for you. Even when the GM/Final version of any software/firmware is released, there are still bound to be bugs! There is no such thing as a "perfect software/firmware" Stable software/firmware, absolutely. But people will always find a way to exploit things. A simple Google search will provide you with enough examples. :)

Since we're on the Serato forums I'll use them as a primary example of how they perfectly execute beta testing. So basically the way their beta program is setup like this. There is a private beta testing prior to public beta testing. Basically Serato private betas are held (prior to becoming public betas) whenever a new version of SDJ is about to be released that includes one or many software improvements. I.E. 1.8.0 to 1.9.0 However up until a major update, (like 1.9.0) incremental updates of the software are released that offer updates to already installed features, hardware support for new products, new Mac OSX/PC OS support, bug fixes, and other optimizations.

So Numark I'll give you an "A" for effort. You occasionally release a beta driver here and there, but consistency is key. Your forum has so much potential, but it's just a cluster fuck. Once again I'll reference Serato and how they properly manage beta testing on their forums. There is a specific thread dedicated for the beta testing section. Within that thread there are "Sticky And Compulsory Discussions" topics posted by Serato employees in regards to the specifics of the beta software. Below that is where the users whom are beta testing can post/report specific bugs. (See link below for a screen shot)
i49.photobucket.com
Numark you seriously need to re-structure your entire forum. Or at least a beta section. Bottom line is Numark you need to have either a private/public beta testing for [b]ALL[\b] of your upcoming software/firmware updates.

Quote:
It's normal for posts to be deleted every now and then. Often times, especially when a serious issue arises, it's because the post is flagrant or distracting from the task at hand. If a user wants to chime in and report that they are experiencing the same issues and want to provide their system specs, that's great. That's very helpful. But as soon as that ends and the:
Quote:
Bought it, tried it, know it sucks!!!

begins, it gets much harder to have a productive conversation. This is where posts may be deleted if they only serve to distract from the task at hand or inflame controversy. But don't confuse this with no tolerance for negativity or feedback. Constructive criticism and feedback is what drives companies to create updates and build new products like the NS7III, NVII or optional displays for an NS7II!

Yeah your guys over at Numark forum can't tolerate any criticism. Well except for positive criticism. (Which is pretty rare nowadays.) Any shred of constructive criticism is viewed as negativity towards Numark. News flash for Numark. Just because you delete things off your forum doesn't mean your reputation is well intact. That thing call "word of mouth" still works. Oh and other public forums like the Serato forum works as well. :) (And screen shots! lol)

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. I understand that this must be incredibly frustrating if you're experiencing trouble with any product. Especially one you may rely on for performances. As has been mentioned an update is coming as fast as it possibly can. And in the meantime there is a very usable but temporary fix with the Kannex adapter for any one that is having trouble. This is a workaround and is not intended as a permanent solution. Please also note that OS X 10.11.4 seems to be a little more stable than previous operating systems. If you're going to use El Capitan, you might as well make sure you have the latest update.

Now, if you are seeing this post and think you may be experiencing what is being discussed here, please refer to our thread at the Numark Community Forum for details about symptoms and troubleshooting steps:

community.numark.com

Feel free to leave your concerns, though I'm not sure there is anything left to be said there. Just know that a permanent fix is on its way.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions. I promise that we're here to help :)

Luckily I'm not in the shoes of the NS7 II owners who have to spend an additional $80 on an adapter for their screen display to function properly with their NS7 II, but I do sympathize with them. I mean you asking your customers (who just purchased a $300 screen accessory for their NS7 II) to utilize this additional $80 purchase as a temporary fix is insane! With an issue as simple as a USB connection between the NS7 II screen display and Mac models (2014 and beyond) This should have been addressed well before the NS7 Ii screen display was release.
It's been 8 months and still no solution! You wonder why you lose so many customers. *smh*
djkurve 3:54 AM - 13 June, 2016
Quote:
If your company can't release a firmware update in a timely manner then you have incompetent developers working there and that goes for rane as well, and deleting messages on your forum is a joke and just damage control on your side

+100
iKutZ 10:32 AM - 13 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

www.bhphotovideo.com

www.numark.com

community.numark.com

Hello gevola,

What is your purpose of posting all of that? Are you trying to make a point or something? Every user experience will be different as Chris D posted in that thread. You may not have any issues what so ever with the NS7 screens. Regarding the upcoming Numark Dashboard, we currently don't foresee any issues with our upcoming Dashboard and the latest Mac models as you posted there. I would recommend in the future that you don't believe and read everything you read on the internet. Most of the time, issues you see posted in threads or forums are due to user error, not being educated on what supports what, or they simply were not following directions. Most of the time, its an isolated case that can be rectified by calling into support and getting it handled on a one on one basis. If we feel there is a legit issue on our end, we will address it accordingly in our Numark Knowledge Base articles as you already read and seen - www.numark.com.

OK, I have been ignoring this thread for a little while but seeing how I was cited above and the response was user error I am a little annoyed. I have logged in with my iKutZ profile which I used to use a long time back in the hope that some on this board will remember my contributions to Video SL and VDJ video plugins. I am also a developer having released many a VST + produced several top 20 hits in the UK under various guises (not to mention my successful hack of the TTM57 - x0003 to x0008 VID - the devs will understand that). Admittedly at the time of posting I wasn't as familiar with mac as I am now (but I rebut user error or experience with my current knowledge).

Yes, I can get the rig working go through change profile hardware, use the Kannex adapter, turn off WIFI (as anyone of these can trigger the glitch out). That being said Gigs are high pressure environments (I have had 2 more situations were I have had to swap over at haste with 1000+ people looking at stage). Even with the new updates which resolve a few issues with leaving WIFI on which should be as standard with how heavily pulse locker is pushed. I still run into issues.

Until you can just plugin the unit and open Serato and it just works (which is how my experience has bin previously) then this is in my opinion isn't resolved. Before moving to new macbook pro. I was running of a 2011 2.2ghz quad core dell lappy with USB cable to screens then using to NS7ii usb short cable with zero issues (perfect). Brand new MBP though and days wasted and further investment just to get a stable rig. Apple have resolved a lot of the issues there end (I fully agree that Serato are not responsible for the core changes to the OS that caused the issue) but they do have a duty of to resolve issues in a timely manner and I personally feel as a working professional and customer a little let down on this flagship setup.
djkurve 12:33 PM - 13 June, 2016
Quote:
Until you can just plugin the unit and open Serato and it just works (which is how my experience has bin previously) then this is in my opinion isn't resolved. Before moving to new macbook pro. I was running of a 2011 2.2ghz quad core dell lappy with USB cable to screens then using to NS7ii usb short cable with zero issues (perfect). Brand new MBP though and days wasted and further investment just to get a stable rig. Apple have resolved a lot of the issues there end (I fully agree that Serato are not responsible for the core changes to the OS that caused the issue) but they do have a duty of to resolve issues in a timely manner and I personally feel as a working professional and customer a little let down on this flagship setup.

That's the biggest between the NS7 II and NS7 III is that the NS7 III is a class-compliant device.
iKutZ 1:00 PM - 13 June, 2016
I know, I have been tempted to throw in the towel with NS7ii + Screens combo for the three. But then I have a custom flight case and an additional adapter and the screens that all have been bought. Probably for the same price as the NS7iii.

I've said it before I'm one of the lucky ones who can budget for such things but for some its a little harder so the Screens for the NS7ii seem like a good idea but if they don't work then it becomes more expensive for those same people. Ergo my argument is still a valid one is it not?
djkurve 4:27 PM - 13 June, 2016
I was going to say you should try the Dashboard with the NS7 II. Apparently the firmware update in that thing has some bug fixes that are/have been reported since the NS7 II displays were released. That's the rumor floating around Numark, but I wouldn't hold my breath. LOL!
dizzyrocks2001 4:39 PM - 13 June, 2016
I use the Dashboard with my NS7ii and it works flawlessly. The only problem I had was that Dashboard would go into sleep mode if Serato was left idle for a little while. It turns out that App Nap was the culprit, so I disabled App Nap system wide and I haven't had a problem since.
djkurve 10:59 PM - 13 June, 2016
Quote:
I use the Dashboard with my NS7ii and it works flawlessly. The only problem I had was that Dashboard would go into sleep mode if Serato was left idle for a little while. It turns out that App Nap was the culprit, so I disabled App Nap system wide and I haven't had a problem since.

So there we have it folks! Confirmed by dizzyrocks2001! The stock fimrware that's on the dashboard will fix the USB issues people are having with the NS7 II =NS7 II screen display combo! 8 month later and your still telling people to buy an $80 adapter. GTFO! NUMARK UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE FOR NS7 II SCREEN DISPLAY USERS!
dizzyrocks2001 1:22 AM - 14 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

So there we have it folks! Confirmed by dizzyrocks2001! The stock fimrware that's on the dashboard will fix the USB issues people are having with the NS7 II =NS7 II screen display combo! 8 month later and your still telling people to buy an $80 adapter. GTFO! NUMARK UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE FOR NS7 II SCREEN DISPLAY USERS!

So I think I finally understand; those who bought the NS7ii Display are pissed because the Dashboard shipped with the newer driver and the NS7ii Display owners are like "why not make the newer driver available to us also??!!"
djkurve 1:54 AM - 14 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

EXACTLY!!!!!!

So I think I finally understand; those who bought the NS7ii Display are pissed because the Dashboard shipped with the newer driver and the NS7ii Display owners are like "why not make the newer driver available to us also??!!"
Numark
NumarkCorey 1:31 PM - 14 June, 2016
Quote:

Thanks for trying to get to the bottom of this, but I have to point out that this is incorrect. Yes, that's more or less the end game, but It's just not that simple. If this was all it is, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Just because two products look the same does not mean that they were built and act the same.

Let's keep in mind that there are two reasons we are having this discussion and the NS7II displays are being updated:

1) Some features discussed here - community.numark.com. Essentially making the NS7II display act more like a Dashboard.

2) The issues discussed here - community.numark.com

It's going to take a lot more than just transferring the firmware from a Dashboard to an NS7II display. The big issue, and the one I'm focused on here, is the latter.

Quote:
Luckily I'm not in the shoes of the NS7 II owners who have to spend an additional $80 on an adapter for their screen display to function properly with their NS7 II, but I do sympathize with them. I mean you asking your customers (who just purchased a $300 screen accessory for their NS7 II) to utilize this additional $80 purchase as a temporary fix is insane!

I understand that the temporary fix is not ideal. As a consumer, I would certainly hate that response. BUT, I would rather have the option. If it meant being able to make and complete a gig, or wait until the company was able to figure out and resolve the issue, I might buy the adapter. It's not a solution for everyone, but it's an option and I would personally want to make sure that customers know it works so they can make their own decisions.

I understand that the response from Numark concerning this issue has been limited, but please know that this issue and all of our NS7II customers are not being ignored.

I will make sure to update this thread as soon as there is any further information to provide.

Thanks for your patience.
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:57 PM - 14 June, 2016
or just return the screen or sell it as it does not function as advertised and use the laptop screen
djkurve 3:33 PM - 14 June, 2016
Quote:
or just return the screen or sell it as it does not function as advertised and use the laptop screen

+1
djkurve 4:12 PM - 14 June, 2016
Quote:
Thanks for trying to get to the bottom of this, but I have to point out that this is incorrect. Yes, that's more or less the end game, but It's just not that simple. If this was all it is, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Just because two products look the same does not mean that they were built and act the same.

"Just because two products look the same does not mean that they were built and act the same." That is the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever heard! LOL! It's the exact opposite of what you say. Not sure why that's so hard for Numark to admit. Oh wait I know why, because they think their customers are complete idiots! Just admit you guys dropped the ball on this one. The original plan was to have this screen display for the NS7 III/ NS7 II units, but there was probably a huge demand from other DJ's who wanted to use this, so you combined features/request that your team came up with in addition to the thread that I created 9 months ago and a few months later Numark presents the "DASHBOARD!" With a shiny new kickstand, updated firmware, and a few cosmetic changes to the face plate of the unit. So it is that SIMPLE NS7 II screen owners just have to return the screen and get a Dashboard. Hell it's even the same freaking price!? hahah!

Quote:
It's going to take a lot more than just transferring the firmware from a Dashboard to an NS7II display. The big issue, and the one I'm focused on here, is the latter.

So your saying dizzyrocks2001 who's able to run a dashboard with his NS7 II flawlessly is a liar? Numark you've really tried my patience and I'm calling your bluff. No excuse whatsoever that it takes a company 9 months to release a firmware fix! I have to re-quote The Return of Dj Sparky
Quote:
If your company can't release a firmware update in a timely manner then you have incompetent developers working there and that goes for rane as well, and deleting messages on your forum is a joke and just damage control on your side.

If you can't provide me with concreted evidence of the internal components of both the NS7 II screen display and dashboard, then I'm going to get out my computer tool kit and do a full video disassembly of both the NS7 II screen display and Dashboard. Oh and a heads up ribbon colors that connect the screens to the main board doesn't constitute as "different internal parts!" The ball is in your court Numark!

Quote:
I understand that the temporary fix is not ideal. As a consumer, I would certainly hate that response. BUT, I would rather have the option. If it meant being able to make and complete a gig, or wait until the company was able to figure out and resolve the issue, I might buy the adapter. It's not a solution for everyone, but it's an option and I would personally want to make sure that customers know it works so they can make their own decisions.

Yet again I will say the NS7 II screen display had this problem right out the gate! So Numark failed in it's testing phase and now instead of admitting they screwed up and making things right with their customers, they are telling them to buy an $80 adapter while they sit on their ass and take their sweet time to find a solution to a problem that shouldn't have even been there upon a proper release! Oh and it's the ONLY solution for people who are running Mac's 2014 and beyond. FACE PALM
Papa Midnight 8:20 PM - 14 June, 2016
Quote:
"Just because two products look the same does not mean that they were built and act the same." That is the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever heard!

Is it? Do you own a MacBook Pro? They've used the exact same design since the introduction of the Unibody. Surely you wouldn't argue that they were built or perform in the same manner.

On the other hand...

Quote:
If you can't provide me with concreted evidence of the internal components of both the NS7 II screen display and dashboard, then I'm going to get out my computer tool kit and do a full video disassembly of both the NS7 II screen display and Dashboard. Oh and a heads up ribbon colors that connect the screens to the main board doesn't constitute as "different internal parts!"

I think someone just threw down the gauntlet. If you're willing to invest the time, and energy necessary to do so, and accept a voided warranty just to prove a point, my hat's off to you.

Quote:
Not sure why that's so hard for Numark to admit. Oh wait I know why, because they think their customers are complete idiots! Just admit you guys dropped the ball on this one.

I said what I had to say on this earlier:

Quote:

This guy CAN'T say that Numark screwed up. They're a community manager, for all intents and purposes, and have to interact as such. The only possible way for that to happen is for someone from higher above himself to give him permission to do so - but at that point, they might as well put out a mea culpa on Numark.com.

However, with that said, what would you have him say? I'm not defending him here, I'm only wondering what you expect to get out of it. Let's say, as a hypothetical, that he or another Numark representative was to respond with "Hey, we smurfed up". Then what? That doesn't change their development process.

To that end, NumarkCorey, and I say this as an outside party looking in on this debacle as I own neither product. I chimed in because I found the initial principle of this thread to be utterly ridiculous (serato.com).

It's clear you guys have a problem with this product, as has been admitted on your end (and by your, I mean Numark. I only address yourself as effectively the face of the company from this side of things), but I have to state that -- with it now being June 2016, and this having been a known issue since November 2015, I can certainly understand why these guys are upset. With that kind of timespan, despite any assurances given, until something tangible is in their hands, words do not assuage concerns.

On the other hand, at least there is SOME communication here... don't be like ASUS whose forums are currently in flames (www.asus.com | www.reddit.com) after a bad release - the intention of which was properly conveyed to end users; and then said release was subsequently pulled with no further communication thereafter, and reports of users with brand new paperweights.
djkurve 4:39 AM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
Is it? Do you own a MacBook Pro? They've used the exact same design since the introduction of the Unibody. Surely you wouldn't argue that they were built or perform in the same manner.

Yes I do own a MacBook Pro. However I think that was a bad comparison. With any Mac (or PC) you know what the internal specs are.

Quote:
On the other hand...
I think someone just threw down the gauntlet. If you're willing to invest the time, and energy necessary to do so, and accept a voided warranty just to prove a point, my hat's off to you.

Doesn't really take long. Took apart my NS7 III screen display earlier this afternoon. Took about 15 minutes. I have a lot of prior experience with electronics. Plus there isn't really a lot to the NS7 II screen display. Next up is the Dashboard!

Quote:
I said what I had to say on this earlier:
This guy CAN'T say that Numark screwed up. They're a community manager, for all intents and purposes, and have to interact as such. The only possible way for that to happen is for someone from higher above himself to give him permission to do so - but at that point, they might as well put out a mea culpa on Numark.com.

The day that happens at Numark I'm pretty sure the rapture will occur. LOL!

Quote:
However, with that said, what would you have him say? I'm not defending him here, I'm only wondering what you expect to get out of it. Let's say, as a hypothetical, that he or another Numark representative was to respond with "Hey, we smurfed up". Then what? That doesn't change their development process.

Any sort of transparency to their customers would be awesome. Numark just keeps pushing shit to the back burner. But hey I'm sure things will get better once they release a crap ton of new products this fall! I'm sure none of those upcoming products will have any problems. :) You get where I'm going with this?

Quote:
It's clear you guys have a problem with this product, as has been admitted on your end (and by your, I mean Numark. I only address yourself as effectively the face of the company from this side of things), but I have to state that -- with it now being June 2016, and this having been a known issue since November 2015, I can certainly understand why these guys are upset. With that kind of timespan, despite any assurances given, until something tangible is in their hands, words do not assuage concerns.

Numark's primary focus is trying to push as much new product and make as much $$$ as possible. That's the way I see it. Here's a few examples. NS7 III. Literally a refresh of the NS7 II, but with a screen display. (aka Dashboard 1.0) Then the NS7 III display is released for NS7 II users. ($299) Few months later the Dashboard was released as an official Serato DJ accessory! ($299) Works with virtually every Serato DJ controller/DVS system. Whereas the NS7 III screen only works with the NS7 II. Sure that's the case for the people who own the NV as well. They've been wanting a lot of features added (that would involve a firmware update) since it's release and were promised an update "was coming. Oh and look what happens a few weeks ago...The NV II drops with all of those (and some additional) features! community.numark.com That specific thread starter over 1 year ago! Updates coming! And here's your NV II! So much false hope..

Quote:
On the other hand, at least there is SOME communication here... don't be like ASUS whose forums are currently in flames (www.asus.com | www.reddit.com) after a bad release - the intention of which was properly conveyed to end users; and then said release was subsequently pulled with no further communication thereafter, and reports of users with brand new paperweights.

A lot of BAD communication.
8823430 6:24 PM - 15 June, 2016
I am a ns7 ii owner and have no problems with it.
I can see there is a problem with some macs ,not every computer is the same as numark are using this ideal .
I know that testing firmware is a very time consuming excise and numark needs to be looking at ways to improve their customer care , trying to sort out these problems for some mac users if its means new firmware then numark needs to be doing this .
The ns7 ii is a very good controller ,there are some issues that need to be ironed out .
Numark
NumarkCorey 8:14 PM - 15 June, 2016
Hi everyone!

An update for the NS7III/NS7II Display and the Dashboard was released today. You can find the update on the respective product pages and more information on the Numark forums at the link below:

community.numark.com
djkurve 11:55 PM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
Hi everyone!

An update for the NS7III/NS7II Display and the Dashboard was released today. You can find the update on the respective product pages and more information on the Numark forums at the link below:

community.numark.com

Official release notes? Ya know the essentials of what's under the "hood" of this firmware update. I.E. Bug fixes, optimizations, etc...
djkurve 12:24 AM - 16 June, 2016
Numark does not have an updated ETA on the release of the new firmware, though I will be happy to notify the thread as soon as any information is made available.

5 days later..... rolls eyes
djkurve 12:47 AM - 16 June, 2016
24 hours ago this happened....

i49.photobucket.com

Guess Numark finally felt enough pressure...
8823430 6:44 PM - 16 June, 2016
I am a little confused as the firmware v1.05 with the screens is the same v1.05 if you go onto the site with ns7 ii www.numark.com
djkurve 8:14 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Numark thought they could make a couple extra bucks by holding off with releasing the firmware update to the NS7 II screen display users. But lets be real, they pretty much killed all sales of this product whenever they released the Dashboard at the same dam price! (Not to mention the Dashboard firmware update was just made available to all NS7 II screen owners.) IMO the NS7 II screen display should be discontinued and listed as a legacy product. No point in spending the same amount of money on the NS7 II screen display whenever you can get the dashboard for the same price. And it comes with an adjustable kickstand!
Papa Midnight 9:55 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:
24 hours ago this happened....

i49.photobucket.com

Guess Numark finally felt enough pressure...

Welp...

Quote:
The only possible way for that to happen is for someone from higher above himself to give him permission to do so - but at that point, they might as well put out a mea culpa on Numark.com.

Might be about time for that Mea Culpa if djkurve isn't wrong.
djkurve 3:18 AM - 17 June, 2016
Quote:
Might be about time for that Mea Culpa if djkurve isn't wrong.

I'm not. The proof is in the pudding..err Firmware update (See pictures below)

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com
djkurve 3:22 AM - 17 June, 2016
Papa Midnight 3:50 AM - 17 June, 2016
toadbasher 8:40 PM - 18 June, 2016
I've just updated my ns7iii and now the screens don't work at all FFS
Sharod 10:59 PM - 18 June, 2016
Quote:
I've just updated my ns7iii and now the screens don't work at all FFS

This happened to me too. NS7iii
toadbasher 11:42 PM - 18 June, 2016
Yea great so now I've got a ns7iii and a ns7ii not fit for purpose
Numark
NumarkCorey 1:06 PM - 20 June, 2016
Hi toadbasher and Sharod,

If you're having trouble with the firmware update, please reach out to our Tech Support team directly and they will be able to assist. You can submit a support ticket or call in using the support page at Numark.com - www.numark.com

Please let me know if you have any questions.
toadbasher 1:50 PM - 20 June, 2016
I phoned them this morning and they are unable to fix this issue so I have to send it back to you at a cost to me for shipping even though it's only six months old
=1 pissed off customer
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:22 PM - 20 June, 2016
under UK and EU law you should not have to pay, return the item to where it was purchased once it was in the EU,

www.which.co.uk
toadbasher 5:40 PM - 20 June, 2016
Not according to Numark who provide only a 30 day return and a years manufactures warranty but I have to pay to send it back and wait until it's repaired that was shit update !!!!😡
The Return of Dj Sparky 5:43 PM - 20 June, 2016
where did you buy it from
Sharod 5:45 PM - 20 June, 2016
I was told to bring to the nearest repair shop 2 hours away. I then asked for shipping and was told they don't normally do that but he gave me a shipping label anyway.
toadbasher 5:47 PM - 20 June, 2016
Dj sparky thanks for that information interesting especially as I purchased it on the 21th December 2015 so falls under the consumer rights act I also have a ns7ii and brought the display when that was launched and have never been able to use it past 10mins playing time and that's something there not really bothered about either the customer service is shocking if I ran my business like that I'd be out of business
toadbasher 5:50 PM - 20 June, 2016
A third party bebop dj though Amazon
toadbasher 6:00 PM - 20 June, 2016
Oh and in reply to numarkcorey I did raise a ticket Saturday as soon as it happened and I'm still waiting for them to call back
Good job I was on the phone to them 9am Monday sharp!!!!!
dj anthony p 1:29 PM - 31 October, 2016
I just bought a new computer. Had to reload drivers. The screens keep giving me a error code. Erase. And attempt to do the download again. Yes it's a Mac. So my question is this bug fixed? Am I wasting time buying the thunderbolt to USB thing?????
toadbasher 2:36 PM - 31 October, 2016
I've brought the kanex USB to thunderbolt and am afraid to say this did not fix the issue
dj anthony p 9:43 PM - 31 October, 2016
I got mine to work. It's not the newest Mac book pro. With all the touch stuff. I had to run my USB straight to the screeen and laptop. No ns7 connected. It took the update and worked for a hr w no problems
dj anthony p 9:44 PM - 31 October, 2016
I just bought the MacBook Pro 15 inch from the store
dizzyrocks2001 10:45 PM - 31 October, 2016
Quote:
I just bought the MacBook Pro 15 inch from the store

The new one with the Touch Bar? I'm insanely jealous!
dj anthony p 11:14 PM - 31 October, 2016
Sorry I meant to say with out the touch stuff. I don't need that for serato. Im just saying it's newer. Not sure the model but it was mentioned up above.
dj anthony p 11:25 PM - 31 October, 2016
And it worked for me. So either apple fixed something or numark did. Or somebody's doing something wrong
dj anthony p 11:28 PM - 31 October, 2016
Toadbasher. Did u get it working??? Try going from laptop to the screens alone. No ns7. That's what I did and it worked. I had the same issue as u