DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

iTunes library refresh in performance mode (while a control is in use)

Ls4life 10:48 PM - 8 February, 2016
I could be wrong but it seems that if Serato is being use, in what I will called performance mode, which it is when a person is either using a control or at least the control is connected to the PC and power up while the Serato software is open, the iTunes library will not update. If there a way to refresh the iTunes library in order to read in new changes or playlist created in iTunes after engaging performance mode in Serato? If there is not a way to read new changes created in iTunes after Serato is in Performance mode, I will hope the Serato team look into correcting this issue. Any help will be appreciate.
djnak 6:10 AM - 9 February, 2016
turn on and off read iTunes library?
djnak 6:10 AM - 9 February, 2016
pardon me, it would be Off and on in your cases...
Ls4life 2:25 PM - 9 February, 2016
Thank you for the info. I will give it a try.
 6 5:20 PM - 9 February, 2016
Serato reads the most recent iTunes library file which isn't really completely updated until you quit iTunes. You shouldn't have both open.

nm
Ls4life 7:01 PM - 27 June, 2016
Quote:
Serato reads the most recent iTunes library file which isn't really completely updated until you quit iTunes. You shouldn't have both open.

nm

Ok, that is some thing I did not expect. So Serato will not keep up with the changes in iTunes until iTunes is close. Is that so event if I have Serato re-import the iTunes library while iTunes is open?
Logisticalstyles 10:07 PM - 27 June, 2016
Quote:

I did that once and Serato DJ shut down on me. I've been hesitant to try it ever again. Now I just make sure to close iTunes before opening Serato. No reloading during live situations for me.
DJ Remy USA 10:32 PM - 27 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I did that once and Serato DJ shut down on me. I've been hesitant to try it ever again. Now I just make sure to close iTunes before opening Serato. No reloading during live situations for me.

SDJ has done that on me so I avoid that as well never had that issue on SSL though. I love iTunes but I'm getting tired of the pink files whenever I change a tag or update artist name or song title.