DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane MP2014 2-channel Rotary Mixer

HARO 6:11 PM - 21 January, 2016
BOOM!

RANE MP2014 2-CHANNEL ROTARY MIXER
January 21, 2016

Successful artists demand purity—purity of sound most importantly, but also purity of style, controls, movement and art. Rane’s answer to this demand is the MP2014 two-channel rotary mixer with a pristine signal path that provides everything needed with nothing else added.

It is a new musical instrument for the discerning perfectionist DJ who only needs two channels but requires the utmost in technology, simplicity, reliability and portability. The MP2014 is built for DJs who love the classic rotary mixer experience yet refuse to compromise cutting edge features.

Different DJ styles require different instruments. The MP2014 is uniquely tailored for the artist seeking the fluidity and smooth transitions provided by silky-smooth rotary controls. Like its four-channel big brother this definitive mixing instrument is realized through a combination of powerful and unique features, classic elegance, rugged design and intuitive simplicity.

Rane redefined the rotary DJ mixer by bridging the gap between classic rotary mixers and modern DJ tools. The MP2014 represents the perfect marriage of a high-quality rotary control-surface, with state-of-the-art digital signal processing and dual 16-channel USB sound cards. An essential assortment of analog and digital I/O supports mixing vinyl, CDs and USB streaming audio in any combination.

Featuring exceptional phono preamps, three-way swept-filters and a three-band, steep 24dB/octave main mix Isolator—with adjustable crossover points—the MP2014 provides the same quality, aesthetics and high-resolution audio as the MP2015 in an elegant and portable design.

Rane’s Secret Sauce:
The two-channel MP2014 uses the same platform as Rane’s MP2015, which is the new worldwide standard for four-channel rotary mixers. This means it is a no-compromise music-mixing machine.

With a world standard to work with, creation of the MP2014 was straightforward: remove two input channels and the Submix channel; leave everything else alone and voilà, you have a MP2014—okay, not quite that simple, but in the critical pristine signal path, it is.

Designed for high-end, hi-res audio systems—whether club or studio, personal or downtown. Control, sound, reliability, durability and portability differentiate theMP2014 from all other rotary mixers.

There are no compromises in the design. It has the best sound, the best features, the best feel, and the best reliability, durability and portability, and is supported by the best customer service on the planet.

Hi-Res Sources: 
A world-class leader in performance, the MP2014 is designed for playback of High-Resolution Audio (HRA) 24-bit studio master quality sources. Its sonic signature has no equal, satisfying the most stringent vinyl purists. And the dynamics are perfect for DJs preferring the uncompressed sound of WAV and FLAC files. HRA (High-Resolution Audio) is an initiative by the Digital Entertainment Group (joined by CEA, AES, et al.) to define and mark file or physical media based sources of digital audio that qualify as true high-fidelity products. HRA is the mark describing sources with the best sound possible.

Ergonomics: 
Strikingly different and beautiful to look at with its laser-etched Rane logo wood side panels, classic spun-aluminum knob caps, 16-segment level peak-hold meters and back-lit push switches, the MP2014 sports a new compact size and shape for a rotary mixer, with all controls selected, designed and located for effortless professional performance playback. Its size makes it portable and easy to move about.

Sound Quality: 
Professional high-end sound quality begins and ends with the audio signal converters. The MP2014 uses AKM Premium Audio Device™ delta-sigma modulator converters that meet the highest sound quality standards of recording studios (Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation). The balanced differential audio input converters deliver 116 dB dynamic range,utilizing a built-in modified FIR architecture that minimizes group delay, allowing excellent linear phase response. The 24-bit audio output converters have the same 116 dB dynamic range and sport AKM’s proprietary 24-bit digital filter for better sound quality achieving low distortion characteristics and wide dynamic range. The differential outputs eliminate the need for AC coupling capacitors further increasing performance.Input and output converters support sample rates of 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, or 96 kHz. Overall Digital/USB in to Line-out, or Line-in to Digital/USB out dynamic range is 116 dB (A-weighted), while Line-input to Line-output dynamic range is a remarkable 113 dB (A-weighted) with vanishingly low THD+N of 0.001%.

Durability:
The all steel chassis is fabricated in Seattle, WA, USA, using the same equipment and people who make Boeing airplanes. Rane uses heavy 0.048” (1.22 mm) thick cold-rolled steel, electroplated with an aluminum-zinc alloy that makes the chassis rugged and rust proof. The front panel is the same material but extra thick at 0.075”(1.905mm) to accommodate those moments of DJ exuberance. All metal is finished with a baked-on polyester powder coating. This finish complies with EU directive 2011/65/EU and contains no Pb, Cd, CrVI, PBB, or PBDE. Additionally it complies with EU directive 2005/717/EC and contains no Deca-BDE. If that is not enough it also complies with EU directive 2006/122/EC and contains no PFOS. What does all that mean? Actually we have no idea but we are told that you can safely lick and kiss the metal until your tongue and lips blister.

All the fancy, exotic, expensive parts in the world won’t guarantee performance unless they are assembled onto a proper circuit board. The MP2014 uses FR4 material compliant with IPC 4101/24 specification. This is a heavy glass-resin material 0.062” (1.575 mm) thick and in some cases with 8 layersof gold-plated copper traces connecting components. FR4 is a grade designation assigned to glass-reinforced epoxy laminate printed circuit boards (PCB). "FR" stands for flame retardant, and denotes that safety of flammability of FR4 is in compliance with the standard UL94V-0.

Front panel legends are not silk screened on the surface of the metal but are printed on the reverse side of a Lexan™ polycarbonate overlay. This prevents wear that eventually would make the printing unreadable. The rugged Lexan is 0.012” (0.305 mm) thick to survive a lifetime of abuse,having a matte surface to prevent glare and enhance readability in low or bright lights.

Studio-Quality Phono Preamps:
The Phono-CD (or any line-level source)analog input stages feature gold RCA connectors and are true studio-quality preamplifiers providing EMI, RFI and transient overvoltage protection against ESD. The circuitry provides low noise, high gain-bandwidth, low harmonic distortion, fast slew rate and high output current.The phono RIAA filter accuracy measures+0.1/-0.2 dB from perfect.Included are 18 Hz high-pass infrasonic (rumble) filters with steep 18 dB/octave slopes and ultrasonic filters beginning rolloff at 50 kHz at a 12 dB/octave rate. A zero-distortion relay selects between CD and Phono operation.

Pro Audio I/O Stages:
All analog source input stages have gold RCA connectors along with buffered circuitry that provides EMI, RFI and transient overvoltage protection.

All unbalanced analog outputs have gold RCA connectors along with line-driving circuitry with EMI, RFI and ESD protection as well as on/off transient noise muting transistors.

The differential balanced main outputs exit via the highest quality Neutrik® XLR connectors, while the differential balanced booth outputs leave through high-quality Neutrik ¼” TRS (tip-ring-sleeve) connectors. Both outputs have EMI, RFI and ESD as well as on/off transient noise muting transistors.

All line-level analog input and output stages utilize an amplifier design exhibiting very low input voltage noise with high gain-bandwidth-product and high slew rate. The line-driving output stage exhibits no deadband crossover distortion, large output voltage swing, excellent phase- and gain- margins, low open-loop high frequency output impedance and symmetrical source and sink AC frequency performance. 

Filters:
Each of the input channels feature a unique and exclusive three-position toggle selector-switch. Choose between LP (low-pass), HP (high-pass) or L-H (low-pass, high-pass combo). All have steep 24 dB/octave (4th-order) slopes and are sweepable.

In the LP position the Filter knob sweeps the low-pass frequency from 20 Hz to 20 kHz (CCW to CW). The 12:00 middle position is 635 Hz.

In the HP position the Filter knob sweeps the high-pass frequency from 20 Hz to 20 kHz (CCW to CW). The 12:00 middle position is 635 Hz.

In the L-H position the Filter knob sweeps either the LP or HP filter depending upon rotation direction from center. The 12:00 middle position bypasses both filters giving a flat unaffected response. Rotating the knob from fully counterclockwise to center sweeps the LP filter from 20 Hz to 18 kHz.

Rotating the knob from center to fully clockwise sweeps the HP filter from 35 Hz to 20 kHz.

The single Resonance (Q) knob controls the shape of the filters. The range is from flat (Q=0.707) to max peaking (Q=12). 

These filters are high-resolution, fast and artifact free, with all filter coefficients accurately calculated for the selected sample rate.

Channel Tone Controls:
The input channels have exceptional three-band tone controls characterized by being 12 dB/octave (2nd-order) Linkwitz-Riley, full-cut filters (kill) with selectable crossover points of 150 Hz/6.0 kHz or 300 Hz/3.0 kHz. The crossover points are selected in the user control panel when connected to a computer via one of the USB ports.

Like the Filters section above, theTone Control filters are extremely accurate, high-resolution, fast, and artifact free, with all filter coefficients accurately calculated for the selected sample rate.

Isolator Section:
The proprietary three-band output Isolator is a steep 24 dB/octave (4th-order)phase-compensated Linkwitz-Riley design with continuously adjustable low-mid and mid-high crossover points. Like the Tone Controls, these filters are extremely accurate, high-resolution, fast, and artifact free, with all filter coefficients accurately calculated for the selected sample rate.

Adjustable crossovers allow the artist to match the Isolator to the music being played. Low-mid crossover is adjustable from 80 Hz to 640 Hz. Mid-high crossover is adjustable from 1 kHz to 8 kHz.

Mic Preamp:
The superior microphone preamplifier is a high-performance current-feedback instrumentation design manufactured by the world leader in pro audio analog circuits, THAT Corporation, having lower noise at low gains, wider bandwidth, higher slew rate, lower distortion, and lower supply current than other designs. Transient overvoltage protection is provided.

Headphone Amps:
The stereo headphone amplifiers use a unique Maxim Integrated DirectDrive® architecture that eliminates the need for large DC-blocking capacitors. The amplifiers deliver up to 70mW per channel into a 16 Ω load or 130 mW into a 32 Ω load and have low 0.009% THD+N. The design includes ESD protection on the headphone outputs along with short-circuit and thermal-overload protection. Comprehensive anti-click-and-pop circuitry suppresses audible clicks and pops on startup and shutdown. Complementing the headphone amplifiers is the versatile cueing system utilizing Rane’s proprietary Split Cue™ technology.

Headphone cueing system utilizing a pan control to choose between what is cued and what is playing. In its normal mode the cued program feeds one ear and the master, or program (what is playing) feeds the other ear. This makes beat matching easy and convenient since you listen to both turntables (or CDs, or MP3 files, or any combination) at the same time. Rotating the pan control fully CW, or CCW, puts a mono’d signal into one ear with no signal going to the other, and vice-versa. Rotating the pan control to its center position routes equal amounts of cue signal to one ear and program signal to the other ear. Pioneered in 1986 by Rane with the introduction of the MP 24 DJ Mixer.

Digital Signal Processing (DSP):
All digital computations are done by a Texas Instruments 32-bit floating point digital signal processor running at 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz or 96 kHz.

The S/PDIF transceivers a Texas Instruments pro audio device with exceptional receiver sample rate converter.

Dual USB Ports:
Dual USB ports provide for simultaneous connection of two computers, enabling back-to-back sets between laptop DJs running different software without compromise or interruption—no easy feat.

The USB ports are 100% class compliant, allowing hook-up to any Mac OS X device without the need for an additional driver.

The included high-performance ASIO driver runs most Windows DAW and DJ software.

MIDI end points are class compliant with both OS X and Windows devices.
Each port supports 6 playback and 10 records channels. This lets most DAW programs simultaneously record two decks, the Session input and the Main mix.

Control Panel App:
A Control Panel app is downloadable from Rane's website for Mac and Windows computers. This provides access to options and settings affecting inputs, outputs, headphones, tone controls, mic, record, MIDI, USB, and buffer size.

Custom Level Pots:
Unable to find suitable level control pots with the required feel, life and reliability, custom pots were designed that exhibit superior durability, long service life, and repeatable accuracy. These conductive plastic rotary potentiometers are fully sealed with an extraordinary long life expectancy of one million cycles with special viscous damping to give the desired feel. 

Worldwide Use:
Properly tested and certified safe and non-interfering the MP2014 enjoys international use.

The internal power supply accommodates line voltages from 100 to 240 VAC and either 60 Hz or 50Hz and is fitted with a detachable universal IEC-320-C13 power cord. This combined with international agency approvals allows the MP2014 worldwide usage.

The MP2014’s robust construction means dropping it on your toe is going to hurt; however it is designed to be safe when used as intended. A federally registered testing laboratory certified that it meets or exceeds all applicable electrical and mechanical safety requirements for its product class and intended use.

i802.photobucket.com

i802.photobucket.com

i802.photobucket.com

i802.photobucket.com

i802.photobucket.com
i802.photobucket.com

i802.photobucket.com

Haven't had a chance to fully swap out the MP2015 and flush mount the MP2014 into console yet, but here's basically how it'll look when that finally happens.

i802.photobucket.com

i802.photobucket.com

FAO Serato: Just like you did for the Rane MP2015, please add native support for Serato DJ to Rane MP2014 as soon as possible. Thanks!
lvmez 6:15 PM - 21 January, 2016
Beautiful! I'm confused, Rane made this for you? Or it was introduced in NAMM?
HARO 6:16 PM - 21 January, 2016
lvmez 6:24 PM - 21 January, 2016
Incredible. I just purchased the MP2015. Looks great as a 2 channel.
myndgruv 6:40 PM - 21 January, 2016
this was just introduced at NAMM
DJ_X_Trodinaire 6:57 PM - 21 January, 2016
Nice. Gotta make room... ;)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 6:59 PM - 21 January, 2016
Wish Rane would make a mixer for me or Evan after spending all that $$$$ in their products... just sayin... ;)
lvmez 7:02 PM - 21 January, 2016
I'm going to cut my MP2015 in half and I'll have two MP2014's.
nathans1 7:05 PM - 21 January, 2016
Was just reading about that on twitter. Anyone have any ideas for a price point?
Joee 7:23 PM - 21 January, 2016
nice
Detroitbootybass 7:28 PM - 21 January, 2016
Beautiful... thank you, Rane!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:48 PM - 21 January, 2016
Quote:
Was just reading about that on twitter. Anyone have any ideas for a price point?

1999 USD
MPC O.G. 8:49 PM - 21 January, 2016
EMPATH NEXT! With swappable knobs & faders please....
Detroitbootybass 9:01 PM - 21 January, 2016
So if the $1999 price tag is the MSRP, then I guess one will be able to bought for $1500 or so.
HARO 9:23 PM - 21 January, 2016
Quote:
Beautiful! I'm confused, Rane made this for you? Or it was introduced in NAMM?

No, it's available for everyone! Well, soon anyway (end of February 2016 if not mistaken) :-)

Yes, just dropped at NAMM a few hours ago.
lvmez 9:31 PM - 21 January, 2016
And you have have one at home already? Nice!!
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:33 PM - 21 January, 2016
Big THANK YOU to Haro on behalf of Rane.
It was his initial mock up of a 2 channel version of the MP2015 that inspired this design:)
Danny_DJ 10:37 PM - 21 January, 2016
What about Serato certification? I am a current Empath R owner and the 2015 became perfect for me when you added Serato, but now this smaller pack seems to be even better for me (I you don't plan on a 3 channel w/ CF (= digital empath R + isolator)).

and: what are the dimensions in mm with the side panels detached (it's possible i guess)?
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:59 PM - 21 January, 2016
Hey Danny,

Yes you can detach the side panels. Without the panels its 10"x14".
Danny_DJ 11:33 PM - 21 January, 2016
Okay. And no official words on SDJ certification yet? (sorry for crossposting BTW, I guess you're running the twitter account as well where you already answered the panel Q).
lvmez 1:07 AM - 22 January, 2016
Wouldn't the MP2015 club kit work on the MP2014 as well?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:07 AM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
Wouldn't the MP2015 club kit work on the MP2014 as well?

i hope so.
Vid of the MP2014 from Rane
Watchwww.youtube.com
dibb 7:20 AM - 22 January, 2016
This will be my next mixer, period. I'm not even wondering IF Serato will add support for it, but rather how soon. Can't be very hard since it has the same internals as the 2015.

Much respect to HARO for his mock about a year ago. I was on the Rane forum to +1 your concept: dj.rane.com

It must be something to see your concept being realized. I'm glad though that Rane didn't forget the resonance adjustment knob.. :)

Also big up for Rane for listening to their users to this extend. You've just released my dream mixer, and this time I will be able to realize that dream! :)
dibb 8:25 AM - 22 January, 2016
Hmm, the first price I see for the MP2014 being in Europe/NL is a whopping €2799, while the 2015 retails for €3180. I would have expected a price point closer to €1999 to be honest. I guess I will have to keep on dreaming then... €2k I can justify, €2799, I can't.
Joee 11:01 AM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
This will be my next mixer, period. I'm not even wondering IF Serato will add support for it, but rather how soon. Can't be very hard since it has the same internals as the 2015.

Much respect to HARO for his mock about a year ago. I was on the Rane forum to +1 your concept: dj.rane.com

It must be something to see your concept being realized. I'm glad though that Rane didn't forget the resonance adjustment knob.. :)

Also big up for Rane for listening to their users to this extend. You've just released my dream mixer, and this time I will be able to realize that dream! :)

it looks almost exactly like what HARO mocked up, i hope he got a free mixer out the deal
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:27 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:

it looks almost exactly like what HARO mocked up, i hope he got a free mixer out the deal

He did, did you see the pictures above?
I am sure he got it way early but had to keep quite about it ;)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:28 PM - 22 January, 2016
^quiet
Joee 1:03 PM - 22 January, 2016
not a bad deal mock up you're dream rane mixer have rane make it that give you one for free
lvmez 1:44 PM - 22 January, 2016
Even though I love my MP2015, if they would have made the MP2014 with a fader and knobs I would have been upset. For a few dollars more, I still think the MP2015 is a better option.
Joee 1:51 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
Even though I love my MP2015, if they would have made the MP2014 with a fader and knobs I would have been upset. For a few dollars more, I still think the MP2015 is a better option.

mock up the mixer you want……you never know you might get it free…….lol
lvmez 2:10 PM - 22 January, 2016
Lol!!
HARO 2:33 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
Big THANK YOU to Haro on behalf of Rane.
It was his initial mock up of a 2 channel version of the MP2015 that inspired this design:)

No, THANK YOU Zach and rest of team Rane. You guys nailed it (yet again).
HARO 2:35 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
And you have have one at home already? Nice!!

It's a pre-production engineering prototype. Been testing/evaluating unit for a bit prior to official announcement yesterday at NAMM. It sounds every bit as great as it's big brother MP2015.
HARO 2:46 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:

Hi dibb - Lots of us Serato users here are already wanting (scratch that, NEEDING) SDJ support so we will be able to take full advantage of built-in dual USB soundcards (just like with MP2015).

Regarding the concept work, thanks, but Rane is who made it happen. They are just killing it on quality and innovation. Absolutely LOVE the MP2015, and will be using it anywhere 4-channels, submix, etc. is required, but the reality is most DJs are only ever mixing two sources at a time. Simply love how much more open and comfy the MP2014 feels. Not that the MP2015 is bad at all (love it too), but I'm pretty much a two-track-at-a-time DJ, so the expanded real estate between everything allowed by having less controls I rarely ever use feels great when getting in/out of the heat of a mix. For those that actually need more channels, submix, etc., MP2015 is obviously the way to go. Oh, and the MP2014's session input/control essentially acts as a third channel which allows for easy dropping of acapellas and other types of simple layering whenever the mood happens to strike.
HARO 2:49 PM - 22 January, 2016
For those commenting about price, take a look at what you're getting for under $2K and start adding it up. The MP2014 includes a built-in parametric 3-band isolator as well as what's the equivalent of a Rane SL4 dual USB soundcard. If you were to add up the extra cost of those additional items if they were separate units you'd be pretty close to the cost of just the mixer alone. Quality costs money, and it's helluva value when you really think about it. Obvious benefits for us DJs who use these tools by having them built-in is greater portability, no extra cables, simpler setup, cleaner signal path, etc. Plus you get the very best 100% digital mixer currently on the planet (along with MP2015 for those that need/want four channels, submix, etc.). If you haven't heard one yet, I recommend you do. Not only a total blast to perform on, sound quality is downright amazing (which IMO is most important thing when it comes to this stuff).
dibb 3:20 PM - 22 January, 2016
Hey HARO,

I also noticed the extra space there is since it has just 2 main channels. When you just need 2 channels (+1 extra) like me, that's just perfect.

I played on the 2015 once and was immediately struck by the sound quality and clarity. Also the build quality and overall feel are just fenomenal. Just couldn't justify paying € 3140 for a mixer, also because I just need 2+1 channels.

Totally agree that this mixer is worth $2000 (easily). But as it looks now it will be € 2799 in Europe, which translates to $3024 USD. I guess it just sucks to live in Europe when you happen to be in the market for a premium mixer made in the U.S.. :)
Rebelguy 4:52 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
Hey HARO,

I also noticed the extra space there is since it has just 2 main channels. When you just need 2 channels (+1 extra) like me, that's just perfect.

I played on the 2015 once and was immediately struck by the sound quality and clarity. Also the build quality and overall feel are just fenomenal. Just couldn't justify paying € 3140 for a mixer, also because I just need 2+1 channels.

Totally agree that this mixer is worth $2000 (easily). But as it looks now it will be € 2799 in Europe, which translates to $3024 USD. I guess it just sucks to live in Europe when you happen to be in the market for a premium mixer made in the U.S.. :)

How much are the the E&S DJR400s in Europe? Are they comparable in price to the Rane MP2015 or 2014?
HARO 4:58 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
How much are the the E&S DJR400s in Europe? Are they comparable in price to the Rane MP2015 or 2014?

If memory serves correctly, pretty sure E&S DJR 400 typically runs ~$3K USD, give or take a bit depending on desired feature set. Same goes for Condesa, Super Stereo, et el. All wonderful units, but apples n' oranges in many respects when comparing to MP2014/MP2015.
Gio Alex 5:18 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

If memory serves correctly, pretty sure E&S DJR 400 typically runs ~$3K USD, give or take a bit depending on desired feature set. Same goes for Condesa, Super Stereo, et el. All wonderful units, but apples n' oranges in many respects when comparing to MP2014/MP2015.

Also take about, what like a couple months to receive one? Haro is right about apples n' oranges though. For one, I believe the E&S mixers are all analog and the Rane MP2014/MP2015 are digital, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Rebelguy 5:18 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I was asking about the DJR400 European pricing as a comparison to Rane's imported pricing for them.
HARO 5:29 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Also take about, what like a couple months to receive one? Haro is right about apples n' oranges though. For one, I believe the E&S mixers are all analog and the Rane MP2014/MP2015 are digital, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct. 100% analog vs 100% digital. Other obvious differences are lack of built-in soundcard, dual-USBs, parametric ISO, Low/Mid/High channel EQs, sweepable LP/LP-HP/HP channel filters, session ins/outs, longterm support/serviceability from a major manufacturer etc. Still though, the E&S is a wonderful boutique mixer, as is Condesa, SuperStereo, ARS, et al. But yeah, apples n' oranges for sure. It's kinda like comparing a 1969 ZL1 Camaro to a 2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S. You win either way (assuming the features are what you need/want).
Detroitbootybass 5:34 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:

I was asking about the DJR400 European pricing as a comparison to Rane's imported pricing for them.

The price for the E&S mixers are the same regardless of where the buyer is located. This is because you buy directly from E&S and the products don't have to go through the hands of wholesalers/distributors/retailers.
dibb 5:48 PM - 22 January, 2016
You do need to pay import tax if you buy from the U.S. or not?

It's hard to find pricing on the DJR, but I think they start at €1650 ex VAT for the most basic model. That's around € 2K including VAT (= $ 2160): www.soundsystem.be

I understand import taxes etc. but I don't understand that:
- the MP2015 retails for $2899 (or less?) in the US >> € 3180 in EU
- the MP2014 will retail for $1999 (or less?) in the US >> € 2799 in EU

That just doesn't add up.. If you use the same conversion ratio the price of the 2014 should be € 2193.

Anyway, maybe prices will come down after initial release..
Rebelguy 6:38 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

The price for the E&S mixers are the same regardless of where the buyer is located. This is because you buy directly from E&S and the products don't have to go through the hands of wholesalers/distributors/retailers.

I was assuming it would be less in Europe because of import tax and shipping to the USA but forgot about the VAT.
AKIEM 6:52 PM - 22 January, 2016
Nice job HARO (and Rane)

If I was ever going to by a mixer without a cross fader, this would be the one.

But did they say it is being made at a Boeing factory? wow
AKIEM 6:53 PM - 22 January, 2016
*buy
myndgruv 7:30 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
Nice job HARO (and Rane)

If I was ever going to by a mixer without a cross fader, this would be the one.

But did they say it is being made at a Boeing factory? wow

The rane factory is located right next to a boeing plant.
Danny_DJ 1:52 AM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:

I understand import taxes etc. but I don't understand that:
- the MP2015 retails for $2899 (or less?) in the US >> € 3180 in EU
- the MP2014 will retail for $1999 (or less?) in the US >> € 2799 in EU

That just doesn't add up.. If you use the same conversion ratio the price of the 2014 should be € 2193.

Anyway, maybe prices will come down after initial release..

let's just wait til end of february. the 2015 MSRP is 3500 USD and retails for 3150 EUR.
so i'd suppose an 2014 MSRP of 2000 USD at about 1900€. everything else would just make the 2015 cannibalize the 2014 in europe.
dibb 8:08 AM - 23 January, 2016
Yeah, definitely will keep my eye on pricing. It also took some months for the price of the mp2015 to come down from 3390 to 3180.

Rane replied on facebook that pricing in Europe is beyond their control and that they think 2799 is just a "sticker price" that eventually will come down. Fingers crossed.. ;)
deejayfatcat 3:31 PM - 23 January, 2016
This is the first mixer that has me thinking of parting ways with my Bozak.
lvmez 3:47 PM - 23 January, 2016
I was going to get a Bozak but the MP series kills older rotary's because of the digital features and isolator. A mint Bozal cost $2000+ plus an isolator. I paid much less for my MP2015.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:16 PM - 25 January, 2016
Quote:
Yeah, definitely will keep my eye on pricing. It also took some months for the price of the mp2015 to come down from 3390 to 3180.

Rane replied on facebook that pricing in Europe is beyond their control and that they think 2799 is just a "sticker price" that eventually will come down. Fingers crossed.. ;)

I think 2799 is the European MSRP or something. The "sticker price" in Europe should be 2400. For example: www.dj-technik.de
dibb 8:43 PM - 25 January, 2016
Thanks for your feedback Shaun.

A couple of German shops are indeed listing € 2499,- as price (and € 2.973,81 as MSRP)

The only Dutch shop I can find a price of (I live in the Netherlands) lists a price of € 2799 and a MSRP of € 3387 (!!!): www.tonecontrol.nl

There is no way on earth that $1999 MSRP can translate to € 3.387 MSRP (= $ 3671.54). This is a 84% increase.. We pay 21% VAT and import taxes can't be more than 12%.

It seems to me that dealers in Europe just don't want to sell Rane mixers (hassle with warranty?).

I will just wait and see what prices will be when it actually ships..
Rane, Support
Zach S 12:30 AM - 26 January, 2016
Hey dibb,

I would definitely expect those high prices to come down after a bit.
The MP2015 was listed way steeper in the UK at first too.

Quote:
But yeah, apples n' oranges for sure. It's kinda like comparing a 1969 ZL1 Camaro to a 2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S. You win either way (assuming the features are what you need/want).

I'm totally using this analogy from now on!
MPC O.G. 2:07 AM - 26 January, 2016
Quote:
Hey dibb,

I would definitely expect those high prices to come down after a bit.
The MP2015 was listed way steeper in the UK at first too.

Quote:
But yeah, apples n' oranges for sure. It's kinda like comparing a 1969 ZL1 Camaro to a 2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S. You win either way (assuming the features are what you need/want).

I'm totally using this analogy from now on!

Now get to work on that new Empath Zach. Please, and thank you.
DJ123 2:42 PM - 9 April, 2016
? can the club kit for the rane mp2015 work on the rane mp 2014 ?
Rebelguy 3:21 PM - 9 April, 2016
Quote:
? can the club kit for the rane mp2015 work on the rane mp 2014 ?

No. I believe they have stated that they have no plans to support the mp2014 either.
lvmez 4:08 PM - 9 April, 2016
? That doesn't make any sense. I doubt that is true. They are the same mixer.
Rebelguy 4:41 PM - 9 April, 2016
Quote:
? That doesn't make any sense. I doubt that is true. They are the same mixer.

I am sure If it makes financial sense that may change.
dibb 4:56 PM - 9 April, 2016
Could you post a link to where they say that? I find it really hard to believe that Serato won't add the 2014 to the club kit lineup.
WarpNote 5:04 PM - 9 April, 2016
Quote:
No. I believe they have stated that they have no plans to support the mp2014 either.
Are you making stuff up as you go along?
Rebelguy 5:36 PM - 9 April, 2016
Hopefully a mod will chime in to clear things up.
Detroitbootybass 10:37 PM - 9 April, 2016
I haven't heard anyone from Serato comment about not supporting the Rane MP2014 (via the Club Kit).
HARO 11:15 PM - 2 May, 2016
Quote:
Hopefully a mod will chime in to clear things up.

Yes, please.
dibb 5:51 PM - 27 May, 2016
So the MP 2014 was released Jan 21. Why does it need to take over 4 months to support this mixer? If it will ever happen. According to Rane, technically it's "just a flick of a switch" for Serato to support this mixer.

Also, not 1 word from Serato about support. What's going on Serato?
Rebelguy 6:13 PM - 27 May, 2016
Quote:
So the MP 2014 was released Jan 21. Why does it need to take over 4 months to support this mixer? If it will ever happen. According to Rane, technically it's "just a flick of a switch" for Serato to support this mixer.

It's not going to happen.
Mr. Goodkat 7:02 PM - 27 May, 2016
Quote:

rane and pioneer put baby in a corner.

wonder what is really going on?

outside of the s9 and mp 2015, serato support has been drying up.

there havent been a huge amount of products dropped in 2016, but the 2014 and 900 nxs2 havent been promised any serato support so far.
dibb 8:52 PM - 27 May, 2016
It really doesn't make any sense that Serato wouldn't support the 2014. Rane is not a competitor of Serato as Pioneer has become. Both parties can only benefit from a partnership (= support).

On a sidenote: Serato used to be a bit more communicative about these matters (although I understand timelines can't be given).
Mr. Goodkat 9:04 PM - 27 May, 2016
Quote:
It really doesn't make any sense that Serato wouldn't support the 2014.

why not if it supports the 2015?
dibb 9:34 PM - 27 May, 2016
exactly
Mr. Goodkat 10:41 PM - 27 May, 2016
oh ok, i though you said would not wouldnt.

and thats what im saying, it seems weird that it wouldn't be a fairly quick process.

maybe they just dont want the fuss of having to deal with software problems instead of focusing on making mixers.

serato is the only one making things a closed system anyway.

always been my forecast as to why serato is inherently doomed.

if a kid really just wants to dj with a professional dj system, they can buy any other program and use any soundcard, including there laptops own.

buying a 1/8th inch to rca jack makes a bunch more sense for a broke kid/intro dj than buy an 2-500 intro controller.
dibb 7:30 AM - 28 May, 2016
Or maybe it has to do with all the El Capitan driver issues. Probably the same team that was busy fixing El Cap compatibility issues, has to add Club Kit support. It seems logical to first bugs on existing hardware, before adding support for new hardware.
Detroitbootybass 4:48 PM - 28 May, 2016
Quote:
It really doesn't make any sense that Serato wouldn't support the 2014.

We can all agree that it doesn't make any sense, but this has happened before when Serato refused to add support for the Rane MP25 and MP26.
The Return of Dj Sparky 5:29 PM - 28 May, 2016
my guess is that it is down to Rane not wanting the scratch live program/code to be used for all other hardware and thus reflecting badly on them if the program goes to shit and due to the original deal they had also itch was a clone of the scratch live code for controllers, maybe Rane didn't like them doing that and things seem to have gone sour, or Serato felt Rane were holding them back and they need to partner with bigger companies to expand the brand

or it could be that Serato wanted Rane to start making controllers to capture that market but they didn't want to take the risk, they always said if they made one it would be expensive, but along came Pioneer and stepped in to fill that void,

but you can see things are not right between them, as mentioned no support for MP25 or 26, and no support for MP2015 on launch and it took a lot of outrage from customers to get it supported, and now the same deal with the MP2014 which right now is not supported and its out ages,

but the new Mixars mixers get support so something doesn't look right, the forums were cleaned up to remove areas also the rane mixers section was removed

and then the trojen horse of pioneer getting in the door everything was rosy at the start now pioneer have their own software in direct compitation to serato
Danny_DJ 11:53 PM - 28 May, 2016
Lots of speculation going on from you.

@ Rane folks:
Firmware update request: could you add an option for alternating cue selection upon 1 cue button press (like the xone 92)? this would save some time and reduces switchings. multiple cueings are enabled by pressing multiple cue buttons at once.
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:21 AM - 29 May, 2016
Hey guys,

Just to clear up any confusion, although the MP2014 is a lovely bit of kit, we currently have no plans to support this with Serato DJ.

I'd suggest using a Rane SL2 in conjunction with an MP2014 if being able to use this mixer is really important for you, but I'm not suggesting that as solution to the fact the MP2014 is not supported by Serato DJ, just a workaround if you have access to both those units.

If we do begin plans to support the MP2014 and I feel confident its happening, I will definitely let you guys know.
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:01 AM - 29 May, 2016
the big question is why not, do Rane not want to pay the fee to get it supported or whats going on,

you recently supported that Mixars duo mixer but not one of Ranes flagship mixers, and everyone would have thought you are Rane were tight but obviously that is not the case any more
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:21 AM - 29 May, 2016
I obviously can't get into detail about commercial agreements publicly, but also its something I'm not personally involved in enough to be able to explain properly anyway.

The reality is that Serato cannot support every mixer hardware companies are making. We have to pick and choose which ones we'll use our resource for, and the decision process needs to consider many things such as;

1. Does it make sense as a Serato supported product? Does it fill some need for our users that other supported mixers do not?
2. Do we have the resource to do this in our schedule?
3. Does it make sense commercially to support hardware X?

Rane have made other mixers in the past that Serato does not support, and they will continue to do so.

Not sure what Mixars have to do with a discussion about the MP2014, but the same rules apply there too; they released two other mixers that Serato did not support, and they will probably continue to release products Serato may not support also.
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:10 AM - 29 May, 2016
Quote:
Not sure what Mixars have to do with a discussion about the MP2014, but the same rules apply there too; they released two other mixers that Serato did not support, and they will probably continue to release products Serato may not support also.

My point being they paid up to have support and a newcomer gets in the door over a partner that was with serato from almost the start, and as far as their two other mixers you say they arre not even capable of support from the specs as they have no internal soundcard
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:27 AM - 29 May, 2016
Quote:
My point being they paid up to have support and a newcomer gets in the door over a partner that was with serato from almost the start

That is not necessarily the reason why the Duo was supported and the MP2014 is currently not. Please see my points from above.

Quote:
and as far as their two other mixers you say they arre not even capable of support from the specs as they have no internal soundcard

Valid point, my bad. The principle still remains though, we could have been talking about any other brand that created some USB capable DJ mixers.
dibb 7:50 AM - 29 May, 2016
Thank you Martin C for clearing things up regarding support for the 2014. Although you are bringing bad news, at least you are communicating, which I appreciate.

Obviously using a SL2+MP2014 is not an option, since one of the main reasons one would buy such a mixer is for it's internal studio grade sound card(s).

I understand the commercial considerations that come with the decision to officially support a new mixer. The 2014 as well as the 2015 for that matter, probably aren't high sellers.

I also understand that saying it has Serato support, will costs (some) resources for testing and actual support via the support channels. The one thing I don't understand is how hard it is to technically support it. I mean it's just a 100% class compliant USB sound card (or 2). Any other (dj) audio application can see and use the sound card. So development wise, it can't be much more than adjusting a config file.

Now business wise: wouldn't it be a very good idea to be able to use ANY mixer / sound card with Serato, but only if you have bought the club kit? Just don't "officially" support it. This way it wouldn't hurt Serato sales, in fact having a more "open" platform could only increase sales. And it wouldn't cost Serato any resources in terms of support.

Maybe you could pass this along to your new CEO? ;)

Cheers.
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:00 PM - 29 May, 2016
No problem, thanks for being understanding!

Quote:
The one thing I don't understand is how hard it is to technically support it. I mean it's just a 100% class compliant USB sound card (or 2). Any other (dj) audio application can see and use the sound card. So development wise, it can't be much more than adjusting a config file.

If we can assume that has similar technical design to the MP2015, then its not really difficult to support it, so that isn't holding this back.

However, I can assure you its not simply "adjusting a config" file either. There is some development time spent on the authorisation, audio routing, and even some mapping (which includes Serato Video channel fader mapping, EQ colored waveforms, the ability to MIDI map any control using the MIDI mapping mode).

Testing is probably the larger component of the work, we'll test across all our supported OS platforms, ensure it can be safely disconnected/reconnected (sometimes this can be out of our hands) and ensure audio quality is as stable as possible.

It all adds up and can take several weeks of work, including some back and forth collaboration with Rane, if we find some adjustments may need to happen on the firmware side.

Quote:
Now business wise: wouldn't it be a very good idea to be able to use ANY mixer / sound card with Serato, but only if you have bought the club kit? Just don't "officially" support it. This way it wouldn't hurt Serato sales, in fact having a more "open" platform could only increase sales. And it wouldn't cost Serato any resources in terms of support.

Yes, it makes sense. I'd personally like to see Serato go in this direction, but we've still got a bit of work to get there. Currently all the configuration + sound card connection is done per device, and its done behind the scenes with no effort from the user, so that "it just works" when you connect it.

If we were to open it up, we'd need to build some sort of user interface in the setup screen for that, and potentially have the ability to support multiple sound cards at the same time (something we currently don't do).

Its all very possible stuff, but it does come back to making the time for it, and prioritising it above the other work we'd like to do.
dibb 10:10 AM - 30 May, 2016
Martin, thanks again for your elaborate reply. I work in IT development myself so I really understand the difficulties at hand, both technically as business wise.

It sounds hopeful that a more "open" platform is being considered by Serato, although I don't expect it to see on the short term.

I really do think that Serato would benefit from creating a more open platform (same logic applies for midi mapping). It might even be a strategic necessity to survive in this changed competitive environment (read: Pioneer DJ).

Cheers.
DJ Quartz 11:14 AM - 8 June, 2016
I think the problem here is this. People want support but there is a proper channel for this.

Use the feature request thread to build support for the unit.

If two people are asking for it, what is the point of Serato adding it to the club kit?

The mixer has to be in demand and everyone who wants it needs to voice their opinion on the matter.

You want support for it then rally everyone up and make it vocal to the company.
lvmez 3:17 AM - 9 June, 2016
Not no sure if anyone mentioned this but sales is a big factor as well. Who knows how much this has actually sold. There are a few reviews that advise getting the MP2015 over the 2014. If sales aren't strong why would they add Serato support.
Rebelguy 3:26 AM - 9 June, 2016
Quote:
If sales aren't strong why would they add Serato support.

And that's the reason they aren't going to make it.
HARO 12:14 PM - 9 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

And therein lies the problem; a kind of chicken & egg paradox. Here's why;

Serato & Traktor users (arguably the two most popular DJ software systems currently on the planet) would likely not be interested in the MP2014 because it's already an expensive mixer that has a built-in dual USB interface that you're paying for (essentially an SL4), but neither Serato or Traktor supports the MP2014 so it can't be utilized without adding an external interface which kinda defeats the whole point of purchasing a mixer with built in USBs to begin with. And this is coming at a time when DJs are desperately wanting to get away from external interfaces and all the real-world hassles they create out in the field.

On the flip side, MP2014 users/prospective users would likely not be interested in Serato or Traktor because of the same reason, that neither system supports the MP2014.

The same goes for practically any other mixer with built-in USBs. Club Kit should be an option that solves these problems. This should be painfully obvious to Serato, especially at a time when the competition (mainly Rekordbox DJ at the moment) is coming on very strong by offering compatibility solutions and taking marketshare doing so. You'd think Serato would be making Club Kit compatible with as many mixers as possible.
dibb 2:39 PM - 9 June, 2016
100% agreed. Serato should focus on compatibility (and flexibility). Doing it in a generic way would even be "commercially viable". An Advanced Audio- & Midi Panel that would open up SDJ (when Club Kit is bought) would be very my high on my product backlog (it would be much higher than some bs Pulselocker integration that's for sure).

For my understanding: can you use the 2014 with Traktor, without DVS?
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:49 PM - 9 June, 2016
Once pioneer smoke Serato in sales and marketshare in the software market you will see some drastic changes from Serato to try and stay relevant so in the next few years is my guess
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:10 AM - 10 June, 2016
wow. I can't believe there is no plan to support this mixer.
DJ Jonasty 11:42 AM - 10 June, 2016
I agree, I think Serato should pretty much support any new Rane mixer that comes out. Especially one as sexy as the 2014.
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:38 PM - 10 June, 2016
so we can run SeratoDJ on these?

serato.com
serato.com
serato.com

but not the most recent high-end mixer from Rane?

Thank you for clearly defining the target market. I appear to belong to a group that is no longer Serato's highest priority.
CMOS 3:37 PM - 10 June, 2016
Quote:
so we can run SeratoDJ on these?

serato.com
serato.com
serato.com

but not the most recent high-end mixer from Rane?

Thank you for clearly defining the target market. I appear to belong to a group that is no longer Serato's highest priority.

Thats sad those really do look like children's toys.
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:40 PM - 10 June, 2016
this really is sad. My Serato saturated heart is breaking.

It doesn't matter what the commercial agreements are. The perception to the customer is that Serato and Rane were once exclusive and now there is animosity, new products not supported, old product not supported....
Now it APPEARS to be the same with Pioneer/Rekordbox. I'll be pleasantly surprised if my 900NXS2 gets club kit.

This isn't hardware issues, or staff shortages, or priorities...it's politics and it is coming through loud and clear.

No better on Rane for releasing a mixer that isn't supported by the two biggest DJ software companies. All this new fangled gear, and when it comes down to big event production, the crews I work with all still use Sixty-Twos or 900s with SL4s because they work with everything.
Rebelguy 9:44 PM - 10 June, 2016
That's not really fair to say. There are quite a few high end mixers like the 2014 and better that aren't supported by Serato or Traktor. Heck the DB4 was released in 2011 and just got Serato certified last year.
DJ Dub Cowboy 10:17 PM - 10 June, 2016
the DB4 was an unexpected surprise.

I bet a solid majority of the Rane costumers interested in a $2000 mixer with dual sound cards are a either a Traktor or Serato user. Are we supposed to use iTunes to windows media player with these mixers?

The whole DJ products markets is a mess right now with compatibility issues, overlapping SKUs, backstabbing mixer companies, etc..

There are also some great innovations and great products right now. I just think the big player companies are NOT thinking about how these products actually get used, just how many get sold.

The expected feature set of DJ software is established. The first priority should be stability and compatibility. Serato was once the king of stability and Traktor was once the king of compatibility. Now that is all shook up.
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:51 PM - 10 June, 2016
Hey Dub Cowboy,

Quote:
This isn't hardware issues, or staff shortages, or priorities...it's politics and it is coming through loud and clear.

Not sure if you consider any of the following to fall under the category of "politics", but if you do then, yes, its "politics".

Quote:
1. Does it make sense as a Serato supported product? Does it fill some need for our users that other supported mixers do not?
2. Do we have the resource to do this in our schedule?
3. Does it make sense commercially to support hardware X?

However, if you don't consider those things to be politics, then whatever you think it is, its just speculation on your part. I've been very transparent about what contributes to the decision, and you only need to refer to my posts above.
DJ Dub Cowboy 11:03 PM - 10 June, 2016
Why wouldn't all those answers be yes.

There are no Serato ready 2 channel rotary mixers. Are there users? Yes. Even the guy who's design is credited seems a little miffed, if I am not mistaken.

The answer to 2 is whatever Serato decides.

and there should be a 4th question.
Will NOT supporting this mixer make commercial sense?

I came to this thread to evaluate purchasing this mixer but this has stopped my interest. As you can tell it also has thwarted my die-hard support for Serato a bit.

I'm stuck. After 3 years of trying to make SeratoDJ work for me, it just doesn't work like Scratch Live. So...new computers don't work with my software and my software doesn't work with new mixers. No one is getting my money until something changes.
Serato, Support
Martin C 1:53 AM - 11 June, 2016
Quote:
There are no Serato ready 2 channel rotary mixers. Are there users? Yes. Even the guy who's design is credited seems a little miffed, if I am not mistaken.

Not sure who the "guy" is you are referring to, sorry.

Correct, there are no 2 channel rotary mixers, so I guess the answer to the first question could be a yes.

Are there enough users that want this mixer to be supported to justify it happening? I think the answer to this is unfortunately, no, at this stage.

Quote:
Will NOT supporting this mixer make commercial sense?

The fourth question is just another way of asking the third question.

Quote:
I came to this thread to evaluate purchasing this mixer but this has stopped my interest. As you can tell it also has thwarted my die-hard support for Serato a bit.

Sorry man, thats a bummer to hear. We do our best to keep people happy, but the reality is we can't aways keep everyone happy.. and thats very much the case with the MP2014 right now.

As much as I love both the MP2014/2015, there is, and will be demand for other mixer support for Serato DJ. DJM-900NXS2 is an example you used earlier.

The Rane rotary mixers are high end, more niche products, therefore don't always have that many users. Rane know this, and they nailed the design for their target customer IMO. Whether those same people want to use Serato is a different story.

Rane have made USB mixers in the past that make a lot of sense for Rane customers, but haven't always made sense for Serato customers, for example the MP25/MP26. Both great products for their target user, not necessarily that popular for Serato customers.
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:28 AM - 11 June, 2016
You are correct. The 25/26 were not marketed to Serato users even though there was some demand for support.

I think the assumption here is that since you support the 2015, the 2014 is a natural progression. The reality is that there are probably more Serato users that would buy a 2014 than a 2015.
Mr. Goodkat 3:53 AM - 11 June, 2016
Quote:
I think the assumption here is that since you support the 2015, the 2014 is a natural progression. The reality is that there are probably more Serato users that would buy a 2014 than a 2015.

this, because its cheaper. also it would clearly sell more if serato was supporting it.

kind of a weak excuse by the mod and its kinda pointless tellling us only parts of the story. i always assumed thats why mods really didnt comment for the most part because whats the point.
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:52 AM - 11 June, 2016
Hi Mr Goodkat! My name is Martin, I am not "the mod" from some evil corporation, I'm just a regular guy like you, trying to do my job as best I can :)

I'm also doing my best to share what I can, to help you guys understand the situation here. I'm sorry if you feel that is pointless. Would you prefer nothing is said at all?

I'm not going to apologise however, for being unable to share sensitive commercial information. I mean, I suppose I could, but should I risk my job just so you can understand every aspect of this situation? You'll just have to take my word for it I'm afraid, and the decision as it is, has been made based on valid data and information.

Quote:
this, because its cheaper. also it would clearly sell more if serato was supporting it.

Do you mean "cheaper' as in cost for Serato to support it because it has two less channels? It is not cheaper, is the same cost as the MP2015.

Also, I'm not sure what data you have access to, that confirms it will clearly sell more, that seems like a bit of an assumption from your point of view.

Please don't take my comments as hostile/mad or anything, I really don't mind being as transparent as possible with you guys about it. I know you don't like the fact that we don't support it, but I can at least help you understand why. If that isn't useful or appreciated, then I'm equally happy to leave at this.
HARO 3:40 PM - 11 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Serato & Traktor users (arguably the two most popular DJ software systems currently on the planet) would likely not be interested in the MP2014 because it's already an expensive mixer that has a built-in dual USB interface that you're paying for (essentially an SL4), but neither Serato or Traktor supports the MP2014 so it can't be utilized without adding an external interface which kinda defeats the whole point of purchasing a mixer with built in USBs to begin with. And this is coming at a time when DJs are desperately wanting to get away from external interfaces and all the real-world hassles they create out in the field.

On the flip side, MP2014 users/prospective users would likely not be interested in Serato or Traktor because of the same reason, that neither system supports the MP2014.

The same goes for practically any other mixer with built-in USBs. Club Kit should be an option that solves these problems. This should be painfully obvious to Serato, especially at a time when the competition (mainly Rekordbox DJ at the moment) is coming on very strong by offering compatibility solutions and taking marketshare doing so. You'd think Serato would be making Club Kit compatible with as many mixers as possible.

BTW, forget to mention... incase anyone needs help connecting the dots in regards to current Serato & Traktor users; there's going to be users of these system who are going to need to leave them to seek out other professional solutions that don't have all the compatibility issues connecting to mixers with built-in USBs. In fact, this has already begun in my circles. Part of what's driving these decisions is that more and more places are saying "NO" to re-wiring booth gear in order to connect external interfaces for use with CDJs/TTs. It's either a simple, non-invasive plug n' play via USB to what's already there, or go home, but "You're not re-wiring anything". The countless bad apples who are incompetent about performing this relatively simple action ever since DVS arrived have ruined it for all of us. I certainly don't agree with this stance, but it's increasingly becoming encountered out in the field unfortunately.
Rebelguy 4:28 PM - 11 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

BTW, forget to mention... incase anyone needs help connecting the dots in regards to current Serato & Traktor users; there's going to be users of these system who are going to need to leave them to seek out other professional solutions that don't have all the compatibility issues connecting to mixers with built-in USBs. In fact, this has already begun in my circles. Part of what's driving these decisions is that more and more places are saying "NO" to re-wiring booth gear in order to connect external interfaces for use with CDJs/TTs. It's either a simple, non-invasive plug n' play via USB to what's already there, or go home, but "You're not re-wiring anything". The countless bad apples who are incompetent about performing this relatively simple action ever since DVS arrived have ruined it for all of us. I certainly don't agree with this stance, but it's increasingly becoming encountered out in the field unfortunately.

This is interesting as I have a lot of venues in my area that are now requiring the DJ to bring their own console setup. They basically just provide the booth area with XLR leads for your board and their sound guy patches you in. These are not major clubs. They are more of the local bar and pub type places that most people are going to nowadays.
Mr. Goodkat 4:43 PM - 11 June, 2016
Quote:
I'm also doing my best to share what I can, to help you guys understand the situation here. I'm sorry if you feel that is pointless. Would you prefer nothing is said at all?

well, yeah. of course you shouldnt share certain details since its private and you would be most likely fired. nonetheless, what's the point of partially commenting and telling us you can't tell us said details since, it only makes the picture more confusing and no more informative.

if i tell you i have a problem with serato and you try to diagnose it, if i tell you half the info, how are you going to ever understand or fix my problem.

Quote:
Do you mean "cheaper' as in cost for Serato to support it because it has two less channels? It is not cheaper, is the same cost as the MP2015.

Also, I'm not sure what data you have access to, that confirms it will clearly sell more, that seems like a bit of an assumption from your point of view.

no, i meant the mixer is cheaper, which it is. the 2014 is list price around 800$ cheaper.

WHY would it sell more if serato supported it? It has 2 soundcards. The likely hood of a 2000$ mixer user using anything other than traktor or serato atm is very slim. If you do used serato and no its supporting the 2014, what would be the point of buying a 2000 mixer and then not being able to use the soundcards for anything other than itunes playback? Not only 1 but 2 worthless soundcards. While you use another 400$ box as a soundcard to hook up to be able to use SDJ or SSL? Thats just plain dumb and wasteful money wise.

'I'm not going to apologise however, for being unable to share sensitive commercial information. I mean, I suppose I could, but should I risk my job just so you can understand every aspect of this situation? You'll just have to take my word for it I'm afraid, and the decision as it is, has been made based on valid data and information.'

if you want us to understand, but you cant explain the situation fully, then its pointless to say you are trying to explain it to us.

just say, the 2014 is not going to be supported, the reasons cant be discussed publically.

So lemme tell you why your answer or reply failed. Because its didnt explain anything and was basically was a passive aggressive way for you to respond to an answer you can't give. want me to explain how it was passive aggressive? or why its not helpful? sorry cant tell you, its private info.
Mr. Goodkat 4:46 PM - 11 June, 2016
Quote:
The likelihood of a 2000$ mixer user using anything other than traktor or serato at the moment is very slim. If you do use serato and not its supporting the 2014,
Rebelguy 4:57 PM - 11 June, 2016
I thought this mixer as well as the 2015 was targeted at the vinyl purists. Much the same way E&S DJR400, Condesa Lucia and SuperStereo’s DN78. There are a lot of guys that don't use DVS systems.
Mr. Goodkat 5:02 PM - 11 June, 2016
Quote:
I thought this mixer as well as the 2015 was targeted at the vinyl purists. Much the same way E&S DJR400, Condesa Lucia and SuperStereo’s DN78. There are a lot of guys that don't use DVS systems.

when did vinyl purists start using soundcards(2) to play vinyl?
Mr. Goodkat 5:20 PM - 11 June, 2016
no where on the web page does it say that its for vinyl purists and mentions it working with traktor and serato. which wouldnt seem to say its targeted at vinyl purists.

dj.rane.com

dj.rane.com

''The MP2014 represents the perfect marriage of a high-quality rotary control surface, with state-of-the-art digital signal processing and dual 16-channel USB sound cards. An essential assortment of analog and digital I/O supports mixing vinyl, CDs and USB streaming audio in any combination.''

''Its sonic signature has no equal, satisfying the most stringent vinyl purists. And the dynamics are perfect for DJs that appreciate the uncompressed sound of WAV and FLAC files.''

''Dual USB ports provide simultaneous connection of two computers, enabling back-to-back sets between laptop DJs running different software without compromise or interruption—no easy feat.''
DJ Irv 5:46 PM - 11 June, 2016
Looks like Rane is actually better off producing it's own DVS system now.
HARO 5:48 PM - 11 June, 2016
Quote:

Not at all. Digital inputs, dual-USBs/soundcards should serve as evidence that it's targeted directly at DVS users who use CDJs, TTs, and/or MIDI controllers. It's these features that make a very distinct difference between the MP2015/2014 and the 100% analog boutique mixers you've listed.
Detroitbootybass 5:53 PM - 11 June, 2016
Quote:
Looks like Rane is actually better off producing it's own DVS system now.

I'd support that.
HARO 5:53 PM - 11 June, 2016
I can't think of a single vinyl purist I know who would choose the MP2015/2014 over a pure analog mixer, but I know plenty of DVS users who use CDJs/TTs/MIDI that do use it (or rather would in the MP2014's case if it were compatible).
Mr. Goodkat 5:53 PM - 11 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Not at all. Digital inputs, dual-USBs/soundcards should serve as evidence that it's targeted directly at DVS users who use CDJs, TTs, and/or MIDI controllers. It's these features that make a very distinct difference between the MP2015/2014 and the 100% analog boutique mixers you've listed.

personally wish they would make 1 or both without soundcards to bring down price. at half price on either, i would jump ship from whatever current mixer im using(62 currently) and just use my sl3.
HARO 5:56 PM - 11 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

personally wish they would make 1 or both without soundcards to bring down price. at half price on either, i would jump ship from whatever current mixer im using(62 currently) and just use my sl3.

Agreed. It makes no sense to purchase a premium USB mixer (at a healthy up-cost too) if it's not even compatible with any of the leading DVS systems.
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:38 PM - 11 June, 2016
Quote:
Just say, the 2014 is not going to be supported, the reasons cant be discussed publically

Ok, point taken. I've said too much already. I'll bow out here, sorry for any confusion I've caused.
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:07 AM - 12 June, 2016
Quote:

The vinyl purists laugh at a "digital" rotary. There are at least 10 $2000 rotary mixers a vinyl purist is likely to pick before the 2014/2015
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:52 AM - 12 June, 2016
The 2014 was clearly developed for DVS users. I'm not sure where the data Serato has is from, but it's wrong.

Rane makes less than one new DJ product per year. Not supporting the 2014 when you do support the 2015 is a bad look.
Serato would not even be close to the company it is today without Rane. I was there when the 2015 was announced. I know it caught Serato off guard. I know Rane was annoyed with Serato working with Pioneer. These things are either worked out or they fester into bigger problems, which they clearly have.

Martin, I know you are a good guy and as much as an advocate for us as you can be. I can only imagine it being a difficult position. I personally am not here to bash Serato but I wouldn't be a friend if I didn't call bullshit when I smell it. Not yours and maybe not Serato's entirely but the big picture is all the major companies trying to lure users into their exclusive eco-system. It won't work.

This is just another example of shit stinking behind the scenes. We aren't fools. It's quite obvious there are politics at play.
DJMark 10:02 PM - 14 June, 2016
"Toys for tots" is simply not a forward-thinking strategy for a company selling products to professional users.

My takeaway from all that has gone on, and specifically from this thread, is that Serato is no longer interested in professional users.
DJ Irv 1:03 AM - 15 June, 2016
Remember when the RANE and Serato shot their way up to the top of the DJ world helping each other? Well apparent neither do they.
Mr. Goodkat 2:20 AM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
Remember when the RANE and Serato shot their way up to the top of the DJ world helping each other? Well apparent neither do they.

lofl
AKIEM 3:17 AM - 15 June, 2016
It was all inevitable once they decided auto sync was fine.
HARO 12:35 PM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
My takeaway from all that has gone on, and specifically from this thread, is that Serato is no longer interested in professional users.

We are all sadly coming to this unfortunate realization.

FWIW though, the MP2014 is working and sounding FANTASTIC when paired with Rekordbox DJ running through CDJ-2000NXS2s. No external interfaces required. Simple USB connection from decks to laptop. Easy peasy. Problem solved.
DJ Quartz 1:24 PM - 15 June, 2016
To be honest I was just talking to a fellow DJ that the only next two mixers I'm interested in are the S9 and 2014.

I believe 2014 support will come. It took awhile for 2015 to be supported and eventually it was.

No different than the club kits adding support for other mixers as well in the last couple of years.

Unfortunately, the situation here is we have to show a spike in 2014 sales and then we can get some movement.

It sucks, but it's the which came first, chicken or egg scenario.

But for real those will be my next two DJ specific equipment purchases other than lighting or sound system gear.
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:40 PM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

FWIW though, the MP2014 is working and sounding FANTASTIC when paired with Rekordbox DJ running through CDJ-2000NXS2s. No external interfaces required. Simple USB connection from decks to laptop. Easy peasy. Problem solved.

So let me get this straight...
Pioneer's software works on the Rane 2014 through the USB port and Serato does not?
DJ Quartz 2:41 PM - 15 June, 2016
Pioneer's software works on the Rane 2014 through the USB port and Serato does not?

I wouldn't doubt it, they basically have open support for any audio interface almost.
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:43 PM - 15 June, 2016
This is from Martin above regarding Club Kit for the 2014

Quote:
Are there enough users that want this mixer to be supported to justify it happening? I think the answer to this is unfortunately, no, at this stage.
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:47 PM - 15 June, 2016
Which, to the users that are requesting this, is Serato blatantly saying that we aren't important enough.
DJ Quartz 2:52 PM - 15 June, 2016
Has a feature request thread been started?
AKIEM 2:55 PM - 15 June, 2016
That's not my type of mixer (though I would, love to have one for free) I won't ever have one. but even I can see the importance of supporting it. smh
AKIEM 2:58 PM - 15 June, 2016
and no I dont think ALL Rane mixers should be supported...
AKIEM 3:03 PM - 15 June, 2016
...and its almost hilarious that the 2015 is supported, but the 2014 is not (regardless of what it takes in development)
HARO 3:20 PM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, never said that. What I said was "Rekordbox DJ running through CDJ-2000NXS2s" and "Simple USB connection from decks to laptop". Pioneer allows the CDJs to pass audio from laptop running RBDJ on out to mixer via CDJ's digital or analog outputs. It's incredibly simple, and a shame Serato doesn't offer professional solutions like this.
Detroitbootybass 4:14 PM - 15 June, 2016
Maybe, as DJMark has previously alluded to, we should stop using the words 'Serato' and 'professional' in the same sentence.
Rebelguy 8:26 PM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
Which, to the users that are requesting this, is Serato blatantly saying that we aren't important enough.

No Serato is saying that they don't anticipate there being enough 2014 sales to justify the development cost of the club kit.

I still say this mixer is for the vinyl enthusiast and possibly even Ableton DJs. And yes there are vinyl DJs purchasing this mixer from what I have read on other forums.
AKIEM 8:44 PM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

No Serato is saying that they don't anticipate there being enough 2014 sales to justify the development cost of the club kit.

Two channels (compared to the 2015) will make that much difference?

Maybe 2015 sales arnt that great.

Quote:

I still say this mixer is for the vinyl enthusiast and possibly even Ableton DJs. And yes there are vinyl DJs purchasing this mixer from what I have read on other forums.

nah
dj.rane.com
dibb 8:59 PM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
No, never said that. What I said was "Rekordbox DJ running through CDJ-2000NXS2s" and "Simple USB connection from decks to laptop". Pioneer allows the CDJs to pass audio from laptop running RBDJ on out to mixer via CDJ's digital or analog outputs. It's incredibly simple, and a shame Serato doesn't offer professional solutions like this.

Very interesting indeed.. Does this also work with the XDJ 700/1000s?

Although you did not say it, IS it possible to get audio directly in the 2014 via USB from the laptop running RBDJ?
HARO 9:53 PM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Very interesting indeed.. Does this also work with the XDJ 700/1000s?

Although you did not say it, IS it possible to get audio directly in the 2014 via USB from the laptop running RBDJ?

Sorry, no experience with XDJ-700/1000.

I don't believe USB from MP2014 (or MP2015 for that matter) is compatible with RBDJ. If true, that makes all three of the planet's top DVSs that are not compatible with with dual-USB featured MP2014. Wonderful.
Mr. Goodkat 10:11 PM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
I still say this mixer is for the vinyl enthusiast

you can say it all you want. 2 soundcards says its not aimed at vinyl enthusiasts.
DJMark 10:34 PM - 15 June, 2016
"Vinyl enthusiasts" would be more likely to desire a fully analog mixer, something like

www.electronique-spectacle.com

Or of course a classic Bozak or Urei (not one of the Soundcraft 2000's bastardizations of the latter).

Before Serato decided to focus on Toys For Tots, there would have been no question whatsoever about Scratch Live supporting the 2014 right out of the gate, in fact the mixer would not have been released for sale without that support.

Unfortunately, sometimes "evolution" does not equate to "progress".
Lou Dog 10:50 PM - 15 June, 2016
I'd like to cop the 2014 but refuse to pay for 2 sound cards that are useless. Yea you can hook up an SL box but pretty ridiculous to be in the booth with three sound cards having only one of them usable....

So the dual sound cards for b2b aren't compatible with any software?
Mr. Goodkat 10:57 PM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
I'd like to cop the 2014 but refuse to pay for 2 sound cards that are useless. Yea you can hook up an SL box but pretty ridiculous to be in the booth with three sound cards having only one of them usable....

So the dual sound cards for b2b aren't compatible with any software?

you can use rekordbox and traktor(prob vdj and mixvibes too).

i think dvs (vinyl control) is what most people are wanting along with an official certification from a serato/traktor standpoint.
Lou Dog 11:13 PM - 15 June, 2016
Well I'd like DVS support but that seems like a stretch at this point lol

So with traktor and rekordbox you can use the the dual sound cards? Like a 62, two Djs one on "A" the other on "B"? Thanks for the help
dibb 6:39 AM - 16 June, 2016
I also still wonder if the sound card of the 2014 can be used with RBDJ (no DVS).

Maybe HARO can check this? So from the laptop, not from the cdjs..
DJ Quartz 12:06 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:

No one is going to buy the 2014 to use with a SL box that's foolish.

We open a feature request thread if one doesn't exist and post it in there.

Unless there are numbers to show demand, it won't happen.
DJ Quartz 12:06 PM - 16 June, 2016
I missed a point, this also has to be communicated to Rane as well.
dibb 12:09 PM - 16 June, 2016
There's no doubt Rane wants Serato to support this mixer.
DJ Quartz 12:14 PM - 16 June, 2016
Post here,

dj.rane.com
DJ Quartz 1:00 PM - 16 June, 2016
Opened a feature request thread,

serato.com
Detroitbootybass 2:16 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:
No one is going to buy the 2014 to use with a SL box that's foolish.

I'm planning on doing just that.

Why? Because then I can use SSL, which I personally feel is vastly superior to SDJ.
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:33 PM - 16 June, 2016
Those mixers could be close to $1000 cheaper without those sound cards.
DJ Quartz 3:12 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:

Yup
DJ Quartz 3:14 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:
Why? Because then I can use SSL, which I personally feel is vastly superior to SDJ.

I disagree, but it defeats the whole purpose. You're going to pay a premium price for a device that already has an interface built in to use another interface with it?

Save your money until support is added.
DJ Quartz 3:22 PM - 16 June, 2016
One thing we have to keep in mind as well is that the El Capitan fiasco is attributing to this as well.

Especially since new mbp's are coming pre-installed with it.

To have fail right out of the box would be a support nightmare.
dibb 3:36 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:

Since they are digital mixers, with mostly digital internals, "those sound cards" can't be left out. It would be a totally different mixer.
CMOS 3:57 PM - 16 June, 2016
DJWorx has an opinion piece about leaving the soundcards out of mixers:

djworx.com

PS i really wish the 2014 had a crossfader. I can understand why not on the 4-channel, but i think if the 2014 had it, it would be flying off shelves.
DJ Quartz 4:18 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:
DJWorx has an opinion piece about leaving the soundcards out of mixers:

djworx.com

PS i really wish the 2014 had a crossfader. I can understand why not on the 4-channel, but i think if the 2014 had it, it would be flying off shelves.

I was thinking about that, if it was modular and you could have swapped in an xfader.
HARO 7:55 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:
i really wish the 2014 had a crossfader. I can understand why not on the 4-channel, but i think if the 2014 had it, it would be flying off shelves.

FWIW, the overwhelming majority of rotary users couldn't care less about crossfaders because there's zero need and they only get in the way. Not saying there's not a small amount out there who want one, but definitely not the majority. One only need to spend some time in the rotary forums for evidence of this.
HARO 7:56 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:
I also still wonder if the sound card of the 2014 can be used with RBDJ (no DVS).

Maybe HARO can check this? So from the laptop, not from the cdjs..

Will check it out and report back.
Rebelguy 8:00 PM - 16 June, 2016
Haro,

What's your review on the sound quality of the 2014 and have you had a chance to compare it with any other higher end mixers? If so which ones?
dibb 8:01 PM - 16 June, 2016
Great, thanks.
dibb 8:05 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:
What's your review on the sound quality of the 2014 and have you had a chance to compare it with any other higher end mixers? If so which ones?

Check: Watchwww.youtube.com
at 6:40

"Transparent" is the correct word.
HARO 8:24 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Check: Watchwww.youtube.com
at 6:40

"Transparent" is the correct word.

Agreed, I find it extremely transparent (just like MP2015). Unlike the coloring you get with other high-end analog mixers that each have their own unique sound character, the MP2015/2014 is virtually colorless. This can be changed of course by simply using the extremely powerful isolator section and dial everything in to taste with the parametric controls. This is especially useful when mixing older tracks (classic disco, funk, soul, jazz, etc) that don't quite have the frequency range of modern recordings. Love it. It's just heartbreaking the MP2014 can't be used with any of the major/pro DVSs.
dibb 8:39 PM - 16 June, 2016
maybe it'll work with DJ Player for iOS? And no, I'm not joking.. :)
Rebelguy 8:47 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:

Itunes.
dibb 9:01 PM - 16 June, 2016
DJ Player has dvs support. And it has midi mapping capabilities that put SDJ to shame. And it works with virtually any USB class compliant sound card / mixer on the planet. Stems? Key detection? yes.

My bet is that it is the only app on the planet that brings dvs support to the 2014 at the moment.

If it's "Pro" enough I leave up to you to decide.

Just saying..
deezlee 9:28 AM - 18 June, 2016
Hey dibb I'm thinking of switching to dj player pro for mobiles (I play mostly real records but I sometimes need to play requests and special songs for weddings).

I'm having difficulty finding a list of "class complient" usb mixers. Any idea where I'd find a list? Or suggest some?
dibb 3:22 PM - 18 June, 2016
Hey deezlee. Pretty much every modern device with an USB audio card nowadays is Class Compliant. Just check with the specs of your mixer of choice and most probably it’ll be Class Compliant. If you want a really mobile solution, check the Akai AMX. I use it with DJ Player sometimes.

To keep my answer related to the OP: Class Compliancy was meant as a standard to ensure that - when hardware manufacturer A would make a state-of-the-art 2 channel digital rotary mixer - DJ software manufacturer B would have no problems supporting it…

As it looks now (from the Pio forum), RBDJ can be used with any Class Compliant mixer (with or without DVS).

@HARO: if you would be so kind to confirm that RBDJ works with the MP2014, that would be great. And maybe while your at it, could you also check if DJ Player Pro works with it? Thanks! :)
DJ Irv 9:11 PM - 24 June, 2016
I heard from a very credible source that MP2014 will be Scratch Certified soon.

Rane and Serato are looking like they are going through a very public divorce.
DJ Irv 9:15 PM - 24 June, 2016
Oops. I left out Scratch Certified in TSP not SDJ.
AddamXavier 11:38 PM - 24 June, 2016
Quote:
I heard from a very credible source that MP2014 will be Scratch Certified soon.

Rane and Serato are looking like they are going through a very public divorce.

dj.rane.com looks like your source was correct. the newest traktor beta supports the MP2014
Detroitbootybass 10:48 PM - 25 June, 2016
Quote:
Scratch Certified in TSP

That's good to hear.
roy rohypnol 10:05 PM - 28 June, 2016
If anyone could answer my question, it would be greatly appreciated...

If using the aux channel as a third channel, does selecting cue allow you to view the volume via the LEDs or is there another way to view volume via LEDs or is this not possible, and you just have to volume the aux channel by ear??

It's just that I mix late at night and being able to LED all music sources would be helpful.

Many thanks
kukubird 8:30 AM - 7 July, 2016
Quote:

It´s rellay possible. You can use Pioneer DJ-Mixer such like DDJ-Ergo from www.envirel.de. Very potable and you can connet it with your iOS devices.
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:09 PM - 7 July, 2016
stopped supporting Rane, now we are stuck with bottom end controllers....
DJ Quartz 6:16 PM - 7 July, 2016
Rane is sold!
roy rohypnol 7:16 PM - 8 July, 2016
Seriously, is there ANY chance serato DJ is going to support the 2014??

I need to know as ive got this mixer and I need dvs and everyday it's looking like Traktor time ....
Rebelguy 8:07 PM - 8 July, 2016
Quote:

I need to know as ive got this mixer and I need dvs and everyday it's looking like Traktor time ....

With Rane being sold I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.
roy rohypnol 8:13 PM - 8 July, 2016
But Rane and Serato are two different companies. Why would Rane being sold, have any bearing on Serato supporting the mp2014???

Or am I being daft???
Detroitbootybass 10:07 PM - 8 July, 2016
roy rohyphnol - My guess is that Serato, who already have all but said a hard 'NO' to supporting the MP2014, would be even less willing to add support for the mixer in the current transitional state of the brand. That uncertainty is likely to doom any attempts to bring Serato DJ to the mixer via the Club Kit.
roy rohypnol 10:51 PM - 8 July, 2016
Thanks for replying. Off to Traktor then :( ...
DJ Irv 12:03 AM - 9 July, 2016
Serato is busy sucking the kneecaps of Pioneer to support the MP2014

serato.com

In the meantime Pioneer is getting ready to put out the DJM R9 to kill even more Serato market Share. Weird how pro Pioneer Serato are when it might be Serato's demise.
Taipanic 8:46 PM - 9 July, 2016
Quote:
Serato is busy sucking the kneecaps of Pioneer to support the MP2014

serato.com

In the meantime Pioneer is getting ready to put out the DJM R9 to kill even more Serato market Share. Weird how pro Pioneer Serato are when it might be Serato's demise.

Really don't have a choice, with everyone drinking the Pio Kool Aid the last 15 years, most won't even consider any other brand. The Denon 3900 was way better than the CDJ, with spinning platters, easy to use music management system and was never considered seriously for being the club standard, even though it is what most DJs want to be doing, working moving platters with vinyl on them.
lvmez 12:57 PM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:

Can you return it? And get the Mp2015?
roy rohypnol 6:03 PM - 11 July, 2016
I really don't want to return it as I don't need the additional channels and I can't afford a mp 2015. I just wish Serato would sort it out and stop playing games. To be honest, I've kind of accepted that I'm going to have to reluctantly go the Traktor route...
Culprit 10:03 PM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:
I really don't want to return it as I don't need the additional channels and I can't afford a mp 2015. I just wish Serato would sort it out and stop playing games. To be honest, I've kind of accepted that I'm going to have to reluctantly go the Traktor route...

Go the Rekordbox Route, its the closest thing to Serato DJ to be honest, and now supports video.
roy rohypnol 10:52 PM - 11 July, 2016
Does Rekordbox dvs work with the sound cards in the mp2014 mixer then????
Culprit 10:53 PM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:
Does Rekordbox dvs work with the sound cards in the mp2014 mixer then????

You can download the free trial and give it a shot. It should work with the drivers.
roy rohypnol 7:41 AM - 12 July, 2016
Hmm... interesting..thank you.

Would it be foolish to think Serato are actually going to pull their first her out and support this mixer or is it time to stop hoping and seriously move onto other software pastures new...
dibb 7:09 PM - 12 July, 2016
djtechtools.com

I've asked DJTT about RBDJ compatibilty with the 2014. Spacecamp said he would follow up on that. See the comments in the article.
roy rohypnol 5:35 PM - 15 July, 2016
Cheers for the heads up matey :)
joot29 3:23 PM - 18 July, 2016
Please add native support for Rane MP2014. This can't be difficult to do.
roy rohypnol 6:46 AM - 31 July, 2016
I've given up on Serato and switched to Traktor. The 2.10.3 beta works flawlessly with the mixer.
Culprit 3:00 AM - 1 August, 2016
Quote:
I've given up on Serato and switched to Traktor. The 2.10.3 beta works flawlessly with the mixer.

The 2014 is a beast.. i had a chance to play with one and i liked it alot..
Danny_DJ 5:38 PM - 1 August, 2016
Well, the only limit here for Serato is the commercial plausibility and they are like classic companies intransparent about how much DVS-Kit customers they need to be profitable.

So why not go the modern route and crowd-fund it?! There wouldn't be any risk for neither Serato nor the pledgers.
DJ Irv 5:43 PM - 1 August, 2016
Serato should just be open to all soundcards like RekordBox.
roy rohypnol 6:00 PM - 1 August, 2016
Exactly!! Don't really know what SDJ are playing at to be honest. It just feels everything has slowed right down with them unfortunately.
Rebelguy 6:23 PM - 1 August, 2016
Quote:
Exactly!! Don't really know what SDJ are playing at to be honest. It just feels everything has slowed right down with them unfortunately.

1.9.2 is looking to be a pretty major release so I think they may have had their attention focused on other things.
roy rohypnol 6:47 PM - 1 August, 2016
True but the beta has been out for ages and no words whatsoever about supporting the beast that is the MP2014. Gutted!! :(
dibb 8:36 PM - 1 August, 2016
Quote:

^^^ THIS ^^^

I've posted this suggestion in this thread as well (May 9th). No offical support, just open it up. It's starting to become a deal breaker for me, and I'm not the only one...
Culprit 9:00 PM - 1 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

^^^ THIS ^^^

I've posted this suggestion in this thread as well (May 9th). No offical support, just open it up. It's starting to become a deal breaker for me, and I'm not the only one...

For sure, this would have to be the move for growth. It will have to be addressed sooner or later. Rather sooner than later, since rekordbox is gaining some major momentum in the states. It's really up to Serato to make these major moves at key times.
DJ Quartz 9:01 PM - 1 August, 2016
But also, have the support staff to aid with a move like this.
Culprit 9:03 PM - 1 August, 2016
Quote:
But also, have the support staff to aid with a move like this.

I'l raise you and say, look at Pioneers support staff..

pretty much non existent at the moment.. for business sake, yes the forums would suffer, it would suck, but they are still making it happen and moving forward.

Here's the kick in the nuts too.. Rane had great support staff as well.. and it will be missed much.
roy rohypnol 9:36 PM - 1 August, 2016
Yeah, Rane had great support staff. They are going to be missed, end of an era :(
Rebelguy 12:50 AM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
True but the beta has been out for ages and no words whatsoever about supporting the beast that is the MP2014. Gutted!! :(

The latest build of the beta was released on July 21st so saying it's been out for ages is really a stretch.

Serato already stated they are not going to support it the Rane 2014. I highly doubt you are going to see a change in this.
eugguy 12:55 PM - 2 August, 2016
That is horrible timing. I probably would have picked up a 2014, even though I own a 2015. Would have used the 2014 for my third setup, just SSL, 1200s..
HARO 2:14 PM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:

Same here unfortunately. The MP2014 has been working beautifully with both Traktor and Rekordbox DJ. It's a shame Serato has stopped providing solutions for a segment of its loyal customers who have been left no choice but to seek solutions elsewhere.
roy rohypnol 9:00 PM - 2 August, 2016
Yes, it is a shame that SDJ aren't going to support this mixer. I wanted to throw my money at them as I'm sure a lot of other people did too. However, after initially not liking Traktor, I'm slowly warming to it and I'm slowly beginning to think it really is the more superior product IMO.
roy rohypnol 9:22 PM - 2 August, 2016
But I won't lie, I will really miss the feel of SDJ...
HARO 9:24 PM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
But I won't lie, I will really miss the feel of SDJ...

Have you tried Rekordbox DJ yet? Reason I ask is it looks/feels much more like Serato DJ than Traktor. So much so in fact that many have wondered if Serato was subcontracted to build it for them.
roy rohypnol 9:30 PM - 2 August, 2016
The thing is about Rekordbox is that the MP2014 isn't officially supported by it and if they release an update way down the line that screws dvs up with it, they're not going to care. Also, it seems quite expensive.....Or have I got it wrong??!?!???
roy rohypnol 9:31 PM - 2 August, 2016
I have looked at Rekordbox and it does look very similar in a good way...
whocancatchme 2:58 PM - 2 September, 2016
I don't understand when you say not compatible with serato ? It means when you move the button on the mixer it moves on the screen in traktor for example ?

And we can connect a computer to a DJR 400, so analog and digital is just a conversion no ? i'm lost
Taipanic 4:05 PM - 2 September, 2016
Quote:
I don't understand when you say not compatible with serato ? It means when you move the button on the mixer it moves on the screen in traktor for example ?

And we can connect a computer to a DJR 400, so analog and digital is just a conversion no ? i'm lost

The soundcard in the 2014 will not unlock Serato from the single deck prep mode. You would have to connect an SL box before the mixer, defeating the purpose of having such a nice mixer with clean signal path.
roy rohypnol 7:29 PM - 2 September, 2016
Why Serato won't support this mixer is beyond me...What are they playing at????
Culprit 5:28 PM - 3 September, 2016
Quote:
Why Serato won't support this mixer is beyond me...What are they playing at????

There is very low demand for it at the moment. Hopefully one day Serato will go open sound card support like Rekordbox DJ and we can setup any soudncard with serato once you purchase the license.
DJ Jonasty 10:59 PM - 3 September, 2016
Very low demand because its not supported. Although not much point now that Rane is out of business. Would of made a great Serato mixer. Im still baffled this thing came with two soundcards and no support for DJ software. (Well traktor later on) What exactly was the point of that?
Mr. Goodkat 8:43 PM - 4 September, 2016
Quote:
Very low demand because its not supported. Although not much point now that Rane is out of business. Would of made a great Serato mixer. Im still baffled this thing came with two soundcards and no support for DJ software. (Well traktor later on) What exactly was the point of that?

outside of serato, almost all the other major dj software uses any soundcard
roy rohypnol 9:10 PM - 4 September, 2016
Why doesn't serato allow this?? Surely this is something they should add considering the competition allows it..
Walston_Tempest 4:41 AM - 5 September, 2016
Rane has been sold to InMusic, result apparantly is NO mp2014 serato certification. My unamed source indicated that industry politics are to blame.

What do I think of this - it sucks!! Luckily I found this out before I parted with my cash to buy one of these.

To Serato - ok if you are top dog and have no chance of that changing then yes you can afford to be picky about which products work with dj. But you are not top dog, so it surely must be in your interest for dj to work with as wide a range of controllers as possible. Being tied to particular hardware will keep current customers for only so long, plus the chances of owners of other hardware switching to you is zero. Wakey, wakey!

As I really, really want one of the these I am now looking to alternative software to see whether I can get one of these beauties.
roy rohypnol 6:46 AM - 5 September, 2016
You'll have to go the Traktor route matey.
dibb 6:31 PM - 5 September, 2016
or RekordBox..
Culprit 7:31 PM - 5 September, 2016
Or Virtual DJ
Mr. Goodkat 7:34 PM - 5 September, 2016
or mixvibes/cross
dibb 8:20 PM - 5 September, 2016
or DJ Player Pro (for iPad)
HARO 1:33 PM - 6 September, 2016
Quote:
There is very low demand for it at the moment.

Low demand? Aside from the DJM-900NSX2, the MP2014 is probably the only other mixer I've seen Serato DJ Club Kit support requested over and over and over again. Look through the forum and you'll find all kinds of requests in multiple threads from people asking for MP2014 support ever since it was announced back in January. Plus ya gotta figure there is a silent group of owners/perspective owners out there that don't even bother with forums or submitting requests. Then there are those Serato DJ users who have simply given up waiting on Serato to offer solutions and who have moved on to other software that does offer solutions (Rekordbox DJ, Traktor, etc.).
DJ Irv 2:09 PM - 6 September, 2016
I think the 2015/2014 will be mixer that are talked about far into the future like the 2016 and Urei mixers.

It's possible Rane saw their demise and chose to go out in style.
Taipanic 2:42 PM - 6 September, 2016
Quote:
I think the 2015/2014 will be mixer that are talked about far into the future like the 2016 and Urei mixers.

Definitely, the founders knew they were going to retire and wanted to make the best mixer ever. The 2015 is just packed with super features & amazing quality.
HARO 3:48 PM - 6 September, 2016
Yeah, if you own a US-made MP2014 or MP2015, I'd definitely hold onto it because if history is any indicator of future regarding great products from great companies that were bought and moved overseas, cheapened, etc., they will likely retain great value and be sought after.
lvmez 5:13 PM - 6 September, 2016
I truly believe that those looking to purchase the MP2014, should reconsider and purchase the MP2015. It's worth the extra money. Its's a classic that will pay off in the future.
Detroitbootybass 5:21 PM - 6 September, 2016
Quote:
I truly believe that those looking to purchase the MP2014, should reconsider and purchase the MP2015. It's worth the extra money. Its's a classic that will pay off in the future.

If I had the money, I'd buy both of those models.

I love the streamlined layout of the MP2014 even more than the MP2015. The 2015's two extra channels and the submix channel are both nice extra features, but I'm not sure if that warrants nearly a thousand dollar price increase for me (especially because they would only get limited use). But I guess having those extra pots would be helpful if one would need to repair a worn out potentiometer in the future.
HARO 5:42 PM - 6 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

If I had the money, I'd buy both of those models.

I love the streamlined layout of the MP2014 even more than the MP2015. The 2015's two extra channels and the submix channel are both nice extra features, but I'm not sure if that warrants nearly a thousand dollar price increase for me (especially because they would only get limited use). But I guess having those extra pots would be helpful if one would need to repair a worn out potentiometer in the future.

FWIW, I happen to own both the MP2014 and MP2015, and while I love them both, I do find the MP2014 more comfortable to perform. Truth be told is that 90% of time I'm only mixing two sources at once, and the MP2014 is much more spacious between all the controls than it's bigger brother MP2015. MP2014 is just easier/faster to navigate and get in/out of in heat of mix, whereas MP2015 requires more attention to control.
HARO 5:55 PM - 6 September, 2016
Quote:
But I guess having those extra pots would be helpful if one would need to repair a worn out potentiometer in the future.

With a million cycle testing, seriously doubt this should be much of a concern.

"Custom Level Pots

Unable to find suitable level control pots with the required feel, life and reliability, custom pots were designed that exhibit superior durability, long service life, and repeatable accuracy. These conductive plastic rotary potentiometers are fully sealed with an extraordinary long life expectancy of one million cycles and special viscous damping to give the desired feel."

dj.rane.com
DJ Unique 6:04 PM - 6 September, 2016
Quote:

Heck yeah...
I just purchased the MP2015.. I had my eye on it since it came out.
I did not want to be left out on having a US made product instead of a possible Chinese one.
Culprit 8:00 PM - 6 September, 2016
I am not sure what the gameplan for Rane was, or even if there was one. I think they just got a good offer and took it to be honest.
Taipanic 8:34 PM - 6 September, 2016
Quote:
I am not sure what the gameplan for Rane was, or even if there was one. I think they just got a good offer and took it to be honest.

I think they decided to cash out and retire or do different things, shopped the company for sale to potential buyers, and took the best offer. Can't blame them for that, though I would like to think I wouldn't do it the way it went down for Rane with my company/staff.
Culprit 10:23 PM - 6 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I think they decided to cash out and retire or do different things, shopped the company for sale to potential buyers, and took the best offer. Can't blame them for that, though I would like to think I wouldn't do it the way it went down for Rane with my company/staff.

Exactly, that's why I am kind of thinking they jumped at the opportunity, and there was no real gameplan.
Rebelguy 10:41 PM - 6 September, 2016
The game plan was to take the money and run. And they did that.
roy rohypnol 8:52 PM - 8 September, 2016
Do you guys think with In music purchasing Rane there might be the slightest possibility Serato Dj might add support for the MP2014 as it would show willing to get In music on side??? Or am I just wasting my time on something that really is never going to happen???
Rebelguy 9:49 PM - 8 September, 2016
Probably never going to happen.
Mr. Goodkat 10:07 PM - 8 September, 2016
you would think its possible, esp since they were sold to a company that already works with them, but .... serato
Detroitbootybass 11:58 PM - 8 September, 2016
Quote:
Do you guys think with In music purchasing Rane there might be the slightest possibility Serato Dj might add support for the MP2014 as it would show willing to get In music on side??? Or am I just wasting my time on something that really is never going to happen???

Nobody can know for 100% certainty, but I personally feel that there is way less than a 1% chance of it ever happening.

The Rane MP2014 works with every other DJ software (and you can still use an SL box to use it with SSL or SDJ)... and it still is, generally, a kick ass mixer.
DJ Unique 12:05 AM - 9 September, 2016
Quote:

You should try emailing InMusic.
Maybe they'll respond
Culprit 12:07 AM - 9 September, 2016
slash and axl made up, reunited gun's and roses's and they are touring. Anything can happen dude.
Taipanic 1:50 PM - 9 September, 2016
Quote:

I would say chances are slim. Biggest determining factor may be if InMusic decides to keep making this mixer long term or just until current parts run out. I would just bite the bullet and get the 2015. It's the best mixer they ever made and will hold it's value for years to come I believe.
roy rohypnol 4:56 PM - 9 September, 2016
That's the problem though, I did bite the bullet and bought the MP2014. It's genuinely the mixer of my dreams but I'm really, really gutted by the lack of Serato support..
Rebelguy 5:17 PM - 9 September, 2016
Quote:
That's the problem though, I did bite the bullet and bought the MP2014. It's genuinely the mixer of my dreams but I'm really, really gutted by the lack of Serato support..

Return it, sell it or use it with an SL or the Denon box. Never buy any technology with the assumption that they will make any changes beyond what was already installed when you bought the item.

Rane and Serato never promised or hinted that they would support the MP2014.
roy rohypnol 5:27 PM - 9 September, 2016
Yeah, I know. I just presumed. Will never make that mistake again.
dibb 5:38 PM - 9 September, 2016
Or just switch to RekordBox.. If you buy such a mixer, changes are you're mainly want to mix to sources with the highest quality possible, right?
roy rohypnol 5:53 PM - 9 September, 2016
I've got Traktor for it and it works flawlessly with it. But I just don't really enjoy it or have the time to learn a new software. I guess it's just a case of tough shit for me which is a shame because this mixer really is phenomenal..
HARO 5:56 PM - 9 September, 2016
Quote:
Or just switch to RekordBox.. If you buy such a mixer, changes are you're mainly want to mix to sources with the highest quality possible, right?

Or Traktor. Both Rekordbox DJ and Traktor work beautifully with MP2014. From what I understand, there are other compatible systems too. Heartbreaking for many of us longtime Serato users that they've stopped providing needed solutions, but others are providing these solutions so that's were we're forced to go.
Culprit 7:03 PM - 9 September, 2016
Or try Virtual DJ. People knock it but it's actually becoming a really solid solution. I won't speak on a versus debate, but it's really been an underdog, and the latest improvements are very innovative.
lvmez 9:20 PM - 9 September, 2016
It's not happening, move on. BUT if you love the mixer that much, buy it and use Rekordbox or Traktor as other suggest.
eugguy 10:02 PM - 9 September, 2016
Or...buy a MP2015 and you can use Serato (SDJ) again!
AKIEM 10:03 PM - 9 September, 2016
Don't count on it. But I think there is a slight possibility Inmusic does as well as they can to present the new version of Rane as it was. That *might mean continuing each line.... Serato might...

But don't bet on it....
lvmez 3:12 AM - 10 September, 2016
Quote:
Or...buy a MP2015 and you can use Serato (SDJ) again!

+10000000000000000
DJ Quartz 4:00 PM - 11 September, 2016
I think Rane dropped the ball on this too. Why release a cool baby brother mixer like this and not reach out for Serato support during the final development cycle?
DJ Quartz 4:01 PM - 11 September, 2016
One thing I would suggest is we all email Rane and communicate we want SDJ support.

I don't see the point on spending money on a piece of hardware that doesn't support my platform of choice.
HARO 4:15 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
I think Rane dropped the ball on this too. Why release a cool baby brother mixer like this and not reach out for Serato support during the final development cycle?

Incorrect. Rane did not drop the ball. Rane has nothing to do with the decision for software developers to support their products. Rane has made it crystal clear over and over again that the MP2014 is ready for Serato to support. All Serato has to do is actually do it.

Quote:
One thing I would suggest is we all email Rane and communicate we want SDJ support.

I don't see the point on spending money on a piece of hardware that doesn't support my platform of choice.

It's not Rane's responsibility to support, rather it's Serato's. This is Serato's forum. There are many requests throughout numerous threads here requesting Serato to support not only the Rane MP2014, but all the latest Pioneer NXS2-series gear (mixer, CDJs) as well going back to ever since these products were introduced. To date these requests to Serato have been unfortunately ignored. Other companies are thankfully providing software solutions for these hardware units though, so that's where users who need solutions are migrating to.
DJ Quartz 4:18 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
Incorrect. Rane did not drop the ball. Rane has nothing to do with the decision for software developers to support their products. Rane has made it crystal clear over and over again that the MP2014 is ready for Serato to support. All Serato has to do is actually do it.

I disagree, there is no reason for Serato not to support the device if a financial agreement is made between the parties for compensation for the dev/tech support of the device.

Rane is saying yeah it's ready but I highly doubt it was situation where Serato would decide they didn't want the money.

And shortly after they are sold off, so there is definitely more at stake here.
HARO 4:21 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I disagree, there is no reason for Serato not to support the device if a financial agreement is made between the parties for compensation for the dev/tech support of the device.

Rane is saying yeah it's ready but I highly doubt it was situation where Serato would decide they didn't want the money.

And shortly after they are sold off, so there is definitely more at stake here.

Not sure what you're disagreeing with. Again, Rane has made it perfectly clear ever since the MP2014 was introduced that it is willing, able and ready to be supported by Serato, and that all Serato needs to do is make the decision to do so.
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:23 PM - 11 September, 2016
Rane responded quickly to requests for this mixer, a baby brother to the DVS ready 2015. Serato must think they have different customers than Rane.
DJ Quartz 4:24 PM - 11 September, 2016
Right and then shortly after the company was sold. What I'm saying is maybe there was internal turmoil that ended up messing that situation up.

It doesn't make sense that the 2015 gets support and the 2014 doesn't. It's basically the same mixer minus two channels, etc.

It's definitely not a technical limitation hence their reference to it's ready it's Serato not doing it.

I'm not sure of the reasoning but there is definitely something internal behind it.

Once the full changeover of Rane happens this could immediately change, who knows...
HARO 4:25 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
Rane responded quickly to requests for this mixer, a baby brother to the DVS ready 2015. Serato must think they have different customers than Rane.

Exactly, and within one year of MP2015 being introduced. IMO that's incredible response to their customers. Serato though, not so much unfortunately.
DJ Quartz 4:27 PM - 11 September, 2016
Well someone figure out how to make identifier of the 2014 look like a 2015 and see what's happens for now.

Jokes.... kinda
AKIEM 4:40 PM - 11 September, 2016
Probably Serato said no because Rane was being sold. End of story 'till Inmusic reveals what its doing with Rane.
DJ Quartz 4:43 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
Probably Serato said no because Rane was being sold. End of story 'till Inmusic reveals what its doing with Rane.

This is what I was trying to reason. EVEN though Rane said it was ready at the time of release, we don't know the internal stuff that was going on that possibly caused this not to happen.
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:43 PM - 11 September, 2016
If Serato doesn't support the mixer when there are customers requesting it, customers will either hack it and figure it out on their own OR switch to another software. There is no "getting over lack of support"
DJ Quartz 4:46 PM - 11 September, 2016
This is true, users have a choice to do what they will.

I think part of the frustration is the lack of Serato being more vocal about the issue at hand.
AKIEM 4:48 PM - 11 September, 2016
If Sersto is waiting for in music too, the wont want to say anything. Its 100% in inmusics court.
DJ Quartz 4:49 PM - 11 September, 2016
True again...
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:56 PM - 11 September, 2016
Why would Serato be waiting on InMusic? Serato has the mixer and the software, they map it, done...
DJ Quartz 4:57 PM - 11 September, 2016
Who's paying them?
AKIEM 4:57 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
Who's paying them?

Yup
DJ Quartz 4:57 PM - 11 September, 2016
Also, Traktor just got support in August and Rekordbox recently got it.

Who's to say this isn't right around the corner now?
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:00 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
Who's paying them?

We are by buying the software, add-ons, and vinyl.
Rebelguy 5:02 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
Also, Traktor just got support in August and Rekordbox recently got it.

Who's to say this isn't right around the corner now?

Serato has said it in a number of posts.
DJ Quartz 5:03 PM - 11 September, 2016
Nope, there has to be a licensing agreement between Rane and Serato for this device.

That's how the dev time is paid for.

Now....

They could go the Traktor route and do beta support but at what benefit?

Yes people would be happy but we're talking the back end business stuff.
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:05 PM - 11 September, 2016
exactly!

they seem to be set on NOT supporting this mixer, which feels more like a snub against Rane than anything else
Rebelguy 5:11 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
Nope, there has to be a licensing agreement between Rane and Serato for this device.

That's how the dev time is paid for.

Now....

They could go the Traktor route and do beta support but at what benefit?

Yes people would be happy but we're talking the back end business stuff.

Why does there have to be a license agreement? There was not one in place for the MP2015. Serato made its money from club kit sales. Maybe they didn't make enough from that venture to justify putting in dev time for a 2014 club kit.
DJ Quartz 5:14 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
Why does there have to be a license agreement? There was not one in place for the MP2015. Serato made its money from club kit sales. Maybe they didn't make enough from that venture to justify putting in dev time for a 2014 club kit.

This could be 100% true, that's why I'm just trying to change my view to a business pov VS the user want side.

I can see their point, if 6 people end up using the mixer that's not a lot of revenue from the club kit.

Just an example.
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:18 PM - 11 September, 2016
I think the big issue is that Serato seems to making a big issue out of how much dev time supporting this mixer would actually take. This is a cut down version of a mixer that is already supported. How much dev time went into the Roland project that only a handful of DJs will be interested in compared to a mixer that is already on the market. I'd be willing to bet there are more DJs that are interested in mixing two sources on a high quality mixer than dropping 4 drum parts over already produced songs.
DJ Quartz 5:20 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
I think the big issue is that Serato seems to making a big issue out of how much dev time supporting this mixer would actually take. This is a cut down version of a mixer that is already supported. How much dev time went into the Roland project that only a handful of DJs will be interested in compared to a mixer that is already on the market. I'd be willing to bet there are more DJs that are interested in mixing two sources on a high quality mixer than dropping 4 drum parts over already produced songs.

Funny thing, I was just going to make this point.

However, being in the IT world it seems like a frustration but I directly got to see how this can screw over companies as well.

It makes logical sense that they should just do it. But they really do have a business case to protect.

That's were the sh** can really start to fly.
AKIEM 5:20 PM - 11 September, 2016
Sure they could support it as a gift to users and celebration of all the good shit pryor... But they have the right to kinda be decks about it...
AKIEM 5:22 PM - 11 September, 2016
Bet the MP2014 sells (would have sold) better than that DJ808 thing
DJ Quartz 5:24 PM - 11 September, 2016
It would totally get them club kit sales, we'll just have to wait to see what happens with InMusic.
AKIEM 5:25 PM - 11 September, 2016
Eh, maybe not. I feel like they are trying to kill DVS now...
DJ Quartz 5:26 PM - 11 September, 2016
The PX5 dropped, so that's another one that people will probably request.

The DJM-450 probably won't happen due to it being a RB supported mixer.

I meant in a perfect world Serato should want to get on everything and just rule.
DJ Quartz 5:27 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:

The market does seem to be a bit controller happy, but dvs isn't going anywhere.
DJ Quartz 5:28 PM - 11 September, 2016
At the end of the day, they still need to be profitable. They are a business.

Everyone needs to remember this, even though we are passionate about the DJ side of things.
AKIEM 5:33 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
At the end of the day, they still need to be profitable. They are a business.

Everyone needs to remember this, even though we are passionate about the DJ side of things.

Just think that over the years they have become more about profit and expanding, less about a DJs passion... which of course they have that right
DJ Quartz 5:40 PM - 11 September, 2016
I don't know if that is entirely a fair statement, they were a small company that became global.

But they are still a small company that would probably like to grow but don't want to commit suicide trying to do it.

And the DJ market is a volatile market anyway you slice it.
AKIEM 5:44 PM - 11 September, 2016
hmmm... I just remember how they reacted to the "Serato is killing vinyl culture" headlines and how they reacted.... just thinking out loud
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:02 PM - 11 September, 2016
there is a balance.

keeping longtime customers happy is essential to continued success.
HARO 6:37 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
Who's paying them?

All the Serato customers who fork over their hard earned money for Serato Club Kit so they can use Serato DJ plug n' play with mixers that have built-in USBs/souncards without hassle of wiring up external interfaces. That's the whole point of mixers that have these modern features, and the whole point of Serato Club Kit.
HARO 6:42 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
But they really do have a business case to protect.

Makes one wonder how that biz case is working out for them given that the result of not supporting hardware customers have been pleading for are giving up and ditching them altogether to move over to those who are responding by providing them solutions.
DJ Quartz 6:43 PM - 11 September, 2016
I would really like to see those stats.
Rebelguy 8:29 PM - 11 September, 2016
Haro,

Pretty much OT question. I'm assuming you are the same one I used to see (I'm not on there much nowadays) on the djtechtools forums. Not sure I've asked this before but why did you switch from the DB4 and what mixer are you using nowadays? What other high end mixers have you tried lately?
HARO 9:25 PM - 11 September, 2016
Yep, occasionally on DJTT, but doesn't sound like you're referring to me since I've never owned a DB4.

As far mixers owned...

Past:
Allen & Heath XONE:V6
Rane MP2016/XP2016
Rane Empath Rotary
Red Sound Infader

Present:
Rane MP2015
Rane MP2014

Future:
Condesa Lucia or SuperStereo DN78
Custom One-Off Build (stripped down analog rotary with master isolator)

As far mixers used (that I can remember)...
E&S DJR400
Ecler NUO 2.0
Bozak CMA 10-2DL
Pioneer DJM-500 through DJM-900NXS2
Rane SIXTY-ONE
Rane SIXTY-TWO
Rane SIXTY-FOUR
Rane SIXTY-EIGHT
Rane MP24
Rane MP44
Rane TTM57SL
Urei 1620
Allen & Heath XONE:62
Allen & Heath XONE:92
Allen & Heath XONE:4D
Vestax PMC-46
Vestax PMC-25
Vestax PCV-275
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 12:20 AM - 12 September, 2016
Quote:

No way, we aren't trying to kill it! I'm a turntable user till death.
DJ Dub Cowboy 1:57 AM - 12 September, 2016
then show us some MF love!!!

really seems like adding more bells and whistles is more important that keeping your DVS customers happy.

support for for this mixer and the NSX2 and some love for sticker sync isn't a whole lot to ask for.
Rebelguy 6:04 AM - 12 September, 2016
Quote:
Yep, occasionally on DJTT, but doesn't sound like you're referring to me since I've never owned a DB4.

As far mixers owned...

Past:
Allen & Heath XONE:V6
Rane MP2016/XP2016
Rane Empath Rotary
Red Sound Infader

Present:
Rane MP2015
Rane MP2014

Future:
Condesa Lucia or SuperStereo DN78
Custom One-Off Build (stripped down analog rotary with master isolator)

As far mixers used (that I can remember)...
E&S DJR400
Ecler NUO 2.0
Bozak CMA 10-2DL
Pioneer DJM-500 through DJM-900NXS2
Rane SIXTY-ONE
Rane SIXTY-TWO
Rane SIXTY-FOUR
Rane SIXTY-EIGHT
Rane MP24
Rane MP44
Rane TTM57SL
Urei 1620
Allen & Heath XONE:62
Allen & Heath XONE:92
Allen & Heath XONE:4D
Vestax PMC-46
Vestax PMC-25
Vestax PCV-275

Sorry for the confusion. Awesome list nonetheless.
AKIEM 8:54 PM - 12 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

No way, we aren't trying to kill it! I'm a turntable user till death.

I trust you are sure. But it seems (imho) that Serato is basically done Development DVS. Outside of supporting new hardware and pressings I havnt seen much movement on the turntable front. And Vinyl Scroll is gone. I still, used that.
DJ Quartz 11:43 PM - 12 September, 2016
Quote:
And Vinyl Scroll is gone. I still, used that.

Been trying to yell for this and load next track on record flip.

Sigh...
AKIEM 11:50 PM - 12 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Sigh...

yup.

so how can Serato (at this point) be in favor of or advancing DVS if all it has done is remove vinyl features?!
whocancatchme 8:12 AM - 14 September, 2016
I'm going to buy a DJR400 because it's all analog, and i can upgrade the soundcard if i want... A thing i cannot do on the RANE. What soundcard do you recommand to go with that ? A soundcard that can separate two outputs ?
DJ Quartz 2:46 PM - 14 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sigh...

yup.

so how can Serato (at this point) be in favor of or advancing DVS if all it has done is remove vinyl features?!

More people have to voice bringing these features back. If only a handful of people gripe it won't happen.
Rebelguy 3:18 PM - 14 September, 2016
Quote:
I'm going to buy a DJR400 because it's all analog, and i can upgrade the soundcard if i want... A thing i cannot do on the RANE. What soundcard do you recommand to go with that ? A soundcard that can separate two outputs ?

I don't understand the logic in your response. Everyone's main complaint with the MP2014 is that it doesn't have Serato DJ support. Unless you purchase a Rane SL Box or the Denon Serato Box then the DJR400 would put you in the same situation. On top of that, the DJR400 with one of those boxes would more expensive than the MP2014 and one of those boxes. To equal the 2014 you would also have to purchase E&S's isolator Box which would add another $1500 to the price. On top of that the reviews I have read of the 2015 vs the DJR400 give the sound quality edge to Rane. Since the 2014 is basically just a 2 channel version of that mixer then we can surmise that it would be equal or better than the DJR400 as well.
HARO 8:33 PM - 14 September, 2016
Quote:
To equal the 2014 you would also have to purchase E&S's isolator Box which would add another $1500 to the price.

DJR400 already has a built-in master isolator. It's one of the units primary features.

Quote:
On top of that the reviews I have read of the 2015 vs the DJR400 give the sound quality edge to Rane. Since the 2014 is basically just a 2 channel version of that mixer then we can surmise that it would be equal or better than the DJR400 as well.

Correct about MP2014 having identical sound characteristics of MP2015.

Regarding "equal or better than the DJR400"; I have lots of experience with both the MPs and the DJR and have to disagree. "Different" is how I would describe the difference in sound between these two, not equal or better.
Rebelguy 9:02 PM - 14 September, 2016
Thanks for the correction on the isolator.
whocancatchme 8:20 AM - 15 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
To equal the 2014 you would also have to purchase E&S's isolator Box which would add another $1500 to the price.

DJR400 already has a built-in master isolator. It's one of the units primary features.

Quote:
On top of that the reviews I have read of the 2015 vs the DJR400 give the sound quality edge to Rane. Since the 2014 is basically just a 2 channel version of that mixer then we can surmise that it would be equal or better than the DJR400 as well.

Correct about MP2014 having identical sound characteristics of MP2015.

Regarding "equal or better than the DJR400"; I have lots of experience with both the MPs and the DJR and have to disagree. "Different" is how I would describe the difference in sound between these two, not equal or better.

Yes it's a primary feature, i tested it and it really sounds awesome... The main difference is that the DJR400 is fully analog, and without a soundcard i think.

In fact we can't really compare both units, but i can't buy both so that's why i have this choice to make. I'm just afraid that the rane won't age as well as the DJR will (it's a +10 year old unit and still running perfectly for the first product) because of the built-in soundcard.

With the DJR400 i can upgrade everything around it and still keep it... Well i realize that i have the answer as i'm writing this
lvmez 3:36 PM - 15 September, 2016
The Rane will not age well?

There are DJ's still using Rane Empaths. Rand mixers are built like tanks.
Detroitbootybass 4:36 PM - 15 September, 2016
Every Rane mixer I've come across has held up extremely well (a lot of them are from the mid-to-late '90s).
Taipanic 6:03 PM - 15 September, 2016
Up and coming kids today will be buying these Rane MP2014/2015 mixers on Ebay for $5k in about 15 years, have you priced a Bozak lately?
eugguy 6:34 PM - 15 September, 2016
If I go back to playing only 100% vinyl and could find the MP2014 for cheap ($1000-1200, they are out there) it is worth it. I definitely would have picked one up if it was SDJ certified. Otherwise, I'd say choose the MP2015 any day. They can be found under $2k at some places! Crazy. Some of the rotaries may have a warmer sound and carry more nostalgia, but to be honest, I have a feature packed rotary mixer that sounds sick.

It would be REAL interesting if Pioneer came out with a rotary. (A straight out rotary, not the rotary conversion kits on the 800/1000 etc) Pretty sure they'd come out with more features. Seems that more companies are seeing there actually is a tangible audience for rotaries. Pretty sure a Pioneer rotary would still sound like shit compared to the better quality mixers, but still, would be nice in the future to see.
Culprit 8:20 PM - 15 September, 2016
100% of the problems I have ever encountered with Rane units are always user error.

Mainly club dj's who don't take care of their equipment because it ain't their's in the first place. The same type who want free bottle's but dont tip

yeah.. i said it lol
AKIEM 8:42 PM - 15 September, 2016
I had a ribon come loose, but thats it - ever since 2003

come to think of it, that might even have been because I had messed with it at some point.
AKIEM 8:42 PM - 15 September, 2016
ribbon wires
roy rohypnol 9:06 PM - 15 September, 2016
Come on Serato!! Please get your shit together and get this mixer certified!!!!!!
Mr. Goodkat 10:39 PM - 15 September, 2016
Quote:
Up and coming kids today will be buying these Rane MP2014/2015 mixers on Ebay for $5k in about 15 years, have you priced a Bozak lately?

thats because older people want them because they grew up with them and there legend and lore of the past. im not sure if any 20-25 year old cares about rotary mixers. but then again these young techno dickheads
Ugly Sounds 11:07 PM - 15 September, 2016
I guess ya just have to buy a SL2 or DS1 . There's a very good chance Pioneer NXS 2 will never get Club Kit and all future Pioneer mixer. So you're going to need a sound card anyways for some gigs. :( :(
lvmez 11:31 PM - 15 September, 2016
BUY THE MP2015! It's that easy. This mixer will double in price in the future. Serato DJ runs flawless on it. I paid $2100 when it came out. If you can get it for that price of cheaper, jump on it. Forget the MP2014.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Ugly Sounds 11:34 PM - 15 September, 2016
Quote:
BUY THE MP2015! It's that easy. This mixer will double in price in the future. Serato DJ runs flawless on it. I paid $2100 when it came out. If you can get it for that price of cheaper, jump on it. Forget the MP2014.

Watchwww.youtube.com

How the hell did you get MP2015 at that price ? I sell Rane mixer that's cost price .
lvmez 12:56 PM - 16 September, 2016
I used to purchase a lot of equipment and was offered the mixer near cost.
HARO 1:01 PM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:

Yeah, that one stumped me as well. Hell, I still find MP24s (circa 1986) out there that just keep on truckin'. Ranes are real world proven for decades to be tanks.
HARO 1:03 PM - 16 September, 2016
^^^ question is whether or not that legacy will continue now that they've been sold and are headed overseas.
HARO 1:06 PM - 16 September, 2016
Good grief, if there's one thing I can't stand nearly as much as Serato not responding to its customers with needed solutions is this damn forum that doesn't even have a basic edit function.
dibb 1:11 PM - 16 September, 2016
The big difference is that the MP2015/2014 are digital mixers. So the question is: how future proof is that sound card and/or the connection protocols (USB2.0)?

With the pace Apple is releasing new connectors and ditching existing connectors, it's not hard to imagine in a few years (or months) from now, you can't even connect to these mixers when buying a new(er) laptop.
whocancatchme 1:16 PM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
The big difference is that the MP2015/2014 are digital mixers. So the question is: how future proof is that sound card and/or the connection protocols (USB2.0)?

With the pace Apple is releasing new connectors and ditching existing connectors, it's not hard to imagine in a few years (or months) from now, you can't even connect to these mixers when buying a new(er) laptop.

Thank you !! Finally someone who just understand what i was saying...

That finally settle my decision to buy a DJR ! Thank you
dibb 1:24 PM - 16 September, 2016
Don't know if you've read this article from a while back, but's it's very much related:
djworx.com

Not saying that I agree with it, but there is some truth in it..
Rebelguy 2:10 PM - 16 September, 2016
So what are our options for soundcards if Inmusic doesn't update their Rane SL or Denon interface drivers?
Taipanic 2:58 PM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, that one stumped me as well. Hell, I still find MP24s (circa 1986) out there that just keep on truckin'. Ranes are real world proven for decades to be tanks.

I'm still thinking about picking up an old MP24 for the studio, such an awesome mixer, smooth and great sound quality.
CMOS 4:59 PM - 16 September, 2016
I know the issue is having to connect an SL box or not, but when using the 2015 with serato, is it any different than plugging in an SL3 to the 2014?

Does the sound quality differ?

Im iffy on the soundcards in the mixer man. How many og 57s are out there that work perfectly fine except for the soundcard. I know i know they still work with ssl but that mixer, the hardware part could probably function for another 10-15 years without issue but yet people are chucking them left and right because its been discontinued.

Do you think you would hold on to your analog mixer longer than the one with the soundcard in it?
whocancatchme 1:22 PM - 17 September, 2016
Quote:
Don't know if you've read this article from a while back, but's it's very much related:
djworx.com

Not saying that I agree with it, but there is some truth in it..

That's make sense. So for now what is a good soundcard to buy with a mixer ? I own a apogee duet but i'm looking to buy a traktor audio 6.. don't know
dibb 1:35 PM - 17 September, 2016
If you use Traktor and can use any sound card, and you want the best sound, I would go for an RME. Not cheap though..
DJ Quartz 4:30 PM - 18 September, 2016
You have to keep in mind you can use any soundcard but you can only use supported devices for DVS if you're going that route.
Culprit 6:12 PM - 18 September, 2016
Quote:
You have to keep in mind you can use any soundcard but you can only use supported devices for DVS if you're going that route.

I think honestly, Rekordbox and Virtual DJ are the only one's who have open soundcard support at the moment.
whocancatchme 8:34 AM - 30 September, 2016
Quote:

I don't think i'm interested in DVS, i honestly don't see the point, it's like buying a controller who have the shape of a vinyl ? And we loose the joy of swapping vinyl, and i'm not interested in scratching
AKIEM 9:12 AM - 30 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think i'm interested in DVS, i honestly don't see the point, it's like buying a controller who have the shape of a vinyl ? And we loose the joy of swapping vinyl, and i'm not interested in scratching

Rotating platters (aka turntables, dvs) give you a dimension of interaction with the system that static jog wheels do not. You can, literally feel the speed of the music.
DJ Quartz 6:59 PM - 30 September, 2016
Vinyl is true tactile control and always will be. The only thing that comes close is a V7 or NS7 controllers.

Other that the Denon units as well but they seemed to disappear.
JawBreaker 10:19 PM - 22 August, 2017
come on serato. please certify sdj for rane mp2014. thank you
HARO 10:25 PM - 22 August, 2017
Quote:
come on serato. please certify sdj for rane mp2014. thank you

Can you believe it? Nearly two years later and still no support. What a waste. In fact, everyone I know who bought a MP2014 has since gotten rid of it and/or ditched Serato all together due to lack of support. Sad.
JawBreaker 10:32 PM - 22 August, 2017
i e-mailed them and asked about support. they said no of course. i rephrased question and ask if there ever will be support. they replied there are no announcements for the rane mp2014. they won't say never support. just no announcements...
lvmez 11:00 PM - 22 August, 2017
You guys should haven't purchased the mixer assuming it was getting serato support. And if you like the mixer that much, purchase a SL2.
JawBreaker 11:02 PM - 22 August, 2017
i didn't assume. im just asking if they will. i do use sl2
Walston_Tempest 11:09 PM - 22 August, 2017
With Rane announcing two new bits of kit, both with serato support it is about time that support for this mixer was provided. It is clear that Rane and Serato are not parting ways.

Come ON!!!
dibb 12:38 AM - 23 August, 2017
oh, please Serato,
make that mp2014 serato fucking compatible, pretty please...
JawBreaker 12:44 AM - 23 August, 2017
pretty please with a cherry on top!
HARO 12:47 AM - 23 August, 2017
Quote:
You guys should haven't purchased the mixer assuming it was getting serato support. And if you like the mixer that much, purchase a SL2.

Regarding your assumption about assuming: Can't speak for every MP2014 owner of course, but I, and several others I know didn't purchase the MP2014 assuming is would get Serato support, but we did hope it would for what should be painfully obvious reasons (see 4-channel version MP2015 with built-in dual USB sound cards).

Regarding SL2 with MP2014: That defeats the whole purpose of purchasing a mixer with a built-in sound card, much less dual sound cards. It was much easier just to ditch Serato in favor of one of the other systems that DOES support the MP2014.
lvmez 2:10 PM - 23 August, 2017
You guys purchased a very expensive mixer "in hopes" that it would get serato support. I figured it would have gotten it by now as well but it was never guaranteed. I purchased my MP2015 Knowing serato was on board.
JawBreaker 2:33 PM - 23 August, 2017
i purchased that mixer because i like it. i have records, so not that big of a deal plus can use other software if i really wanted to. nothing wrong with asking serato to support.
HARO 3:11 PM - 23 August, 2017
Quote:
I purchased my MP2015 Knowing serato was on board.

Ditto. imgur.com
Rebelguy 4:10 PM - 23 August, 2017
MP2014 support is like getting an update to SSL. Not gonna happen.
Detroitbootybass 4:15 PM - 23 August, 2017
I still prefer the layout of the MP2014 over the MP2015... and I don't really care about SDJ support as I still don't like that software. But having said that, I still wish Serato would make it compatible for people who would like to use SDJ without an SL box.
Gio Alex 4:16 PM - 23 August, 2017
It was an odd decision to support one and not the other? Anyone know the reason why?
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:36 PM - 23 August, 2017
Quote:
It was an odd decision to support one and not the other? Anyone know the reason why?

$$$
eugguy 4:54 PM - 23 August, 2017
They are re-releasing the 2015...would be nice to re-release the 2014, with or without SDJ compatibility at this point. Of course, it always comes down to money...
dibb 8:07 PM - 23 August, 2017
Quote:
You guys purchased a very expensive mixer "in hopes" that it would get serato support. I figured it would have gotten it by now as well but it was never guaranteed. I purchased my MP2015 Knowing serato was on board.

I would never buy gear in hopes that it would become anything. Unfortunately I don’t own a 2014. I would want to buy one but can’t justify the purchase without SDJ support. Meanwhile at Serato HQ, they look at the 2014 sales figures and say “it doesn’t sell enough to justify SDJ support”.

To be honest I’m a bit done with this whole begging and waiting for support game. It’s 2017 now. We have a standard called “class compliant”. There is absolutely no reason why SDJ can’t just work with any modern soundcard. I know “official support” takes a lot/some effort for Serato and for certain gear this might not be econamical viable. But just open SDJ up for other hardware than Serato certified hardware. The strategy to not do that is not the right one imho.
roy rohypnol 8:22 PM - 23 August, 2017
^^^ you got my vote pal
JawBreaker 8:50 PM - 23 August, 2017
whether sdj ever supports mp2014 doesn't matter. it is still a good mixer! if anything it can be bought on the cheap if u look hard enough. i for one am not begging serato. i just purchased mine and came across this forum and decided to ask and show that there still is some interest. doesn't hurt to ask. not to mention they haven't said never will they support. they just say no announcements at this time. go ahead and e-mail them yourselves and see the vague answer u get.
Gio Alex 9:01 PM - 23 August, 2017
Quote:
To be honest I’m a bit done with this whole begging and waiting for support game. It’s 2017 now. We have a standard called “class compliant”. There is absolutely no reason why SDJ can’t just work with any modern soundcard. I know “official support” takes a lot/some effort for Serato and for certain gear this might not be econamical viable. But just open SDJ up for other hardware than Serato certified hardware. The strategy to not do that is not the right one imho.

+1 to everything you said here. Especially considering it's a rane mixer that has a 4 channel version that got the support.
lvmez 10:16 PM - 23 August, 2017
It comes down to money. Nothing else. If you knew how many MP2014's were sold, you would have a clearer answer. The MP2015 on the other hand has sold plenty and continues to be a wanted mixer.
HARO 11:17 PM - 23 August, 2017
^^^ if the MP2014s sales are low, it's little wonder why considering one of primary reasons to even own one is for the built-in dual soundcards, and that primary feature is completely useless for users of one of the most popular DVSs on the planet (Serato).
Culprit 4:19 AM - 24 August, 2017
Quote:
^^^ if the MP2014s sales are low, it's little wonder why considering one of primary reasons to even own one is for the built-in dual soundcards, and that primary feature is completely useless for users of one of the most popular DVSs on the planet (Serato).

Just keep giving Rane and Serato pressure man. It could happen.
Ugly Sounds 7:06 PM - 6 September, 2017
I thought the reason support had not happened for this mixer yet was because it came out around the time Rane was bought out by In-Music.

But I used to sell Rane and In-music products and In-Music still emails me the buyer list and the MP2014 is not there. Only the MP2015. :( I wouldn't think it would already get discounted after just a year. All I know is you can not buy it for Q4 at this time, just the new stuff, MP2015 and serato boxes of course.
dibb 8:00 PM - 6 September, 2017
I also noticed that it has disappeared from the major sellers websites (in Europe). So it probably has been discontinued. Now I wonder if Serato not supporting this mixer has anything to do with that...

Well, let’s just wait for yet another all-in-one controller that does get Serato support.
Culprit 9:06 PM - 6 September, 2017
Some products go end of life real quick. I'm a supplier in the rental industry and I see it all the time. Really cool products that don't sell go end of life.
dibb 5:30 AM - 7 September, 2017
The same happened with the TR909 , TR808 and TR303 back in the days.. :)
Taipanic 6:00 AM - 7 September, 2017
Quote:
The same happened with the TR909 , TR808 and TR303 back in the days.. :)

and the Denon HS5500s and Korg Zero4 mixer. Both discontinued as soon as I bought them, having been on the market for a year or less, both pretty nice pieces of kit.
dibb 8:51 AM - 7 September, 2017
My AKAI AFX is already listed under /legacy products, and of course my VCI400 has long been discontinued. I almost had a legacy mixer as well when Ecler went bankrupt. Luckily they managed to survive..
Walston_Tempest 2:26 PM - 5 August, 2018
I disagree that we bought an expensive mixer 'in the hope' of serato support. The press announcements at the time jointly advertised both the 2015 and the 2014, they made no distinction between them in respect of the serato support.

We have unfortunately been taken for fools. Yes they did not sell many - clearly (this nonsense is probably a big reason why). They (serato/rane) clearly believe that the loss of revenue will not outweigh the cost of doing the work.

The only 'supported' software - tractor if you need this pointing out has little or no instructions and ONLY records in 16bit!!!!! Making the 2014 an expensive paper weight.

Lastly, as the 2014 is the same as the 2015 just with two less channels how much work is really needed to at least unlock the 2014 for serato?

I am an owner of multiple Rane products but they will not get a penny more until this is sorted, plus I am going round trashing their reputations to anyone who will listen! I'm sure others are too - factor that into your sums, please.
roy rohypnol 3:10 PM - 5 August, 2018
The only 'supported' software - tractor if you need this pointing out has little or no instructions and ONLY records in 16bit!!!!! Making the 2014 an expensive paper weight.

I'm pretty sure it does record in 24-bit in Traktor. What makes you sure it's in 16-bit???

By the way, Im hoping you're incorrect on this as I own a 2014 myself. I was also gutted it was not supported by Serato as well my friend.
Mr. Goodkat 1:28 AM - 6 August, 2018
Quote:
I disagree that we bought an expensive mixer 'in the hope' of serato support. The press announcements at the time jointly advertised both the 2015 and the 2014, they made no distinction between them in respect of the serato support.

We have unfortunately been taken for fools. Yes they did not sell many - clearly (this nonsense is probably a big reason why). They (serato/rane) clearly believe that the loss of revenue will not outweigh the cost of doing the work.

Lastly, as the 2014 is the same as the 2015 just with two less channels how much work is really needed to at least unlock the 2014 for serato?

I am an owner of multiple Rane products but they will not get a penny more until this is sorted, plus I am going round trashing their reputations to anyone who will listen! I'm sure others are too - factor that into your sums, please.

i'll pay for shipping if you want to get rid of that paper weight, cuz who really needs paper weights anymore anyway?
Walston_Tempest 2:12 PM - 6 March, 2019
Roy, I experimented fairly extensively with my mp2014 and traktor. I have not tried other controllers with it, I find it to be less than brilliant. I think other controllers have an option to change the quality of recordings, but when the mp2014 is conneted this is not available.

If anybody knows better please speak up?
RR437T 4:22 AM - 7 March, 2019
What type of files do you have? (mp3, flac, wav ...)
roy rohypnol 9:37 PM - 1 May, 2019
Quote:
Roy, I experimented fairly extensively with my mp2014 and traktor. I have not tried other controllers with it, I find it to be less than brilliant. I think other controllers have an option to change the quality of recordings, but when the mp2014 is conneted this is not available.

If anybody knows better please speak up?

I sold the 2014 and got a 2015 in the end...