Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Announcing: Mixars Duo for Serato DJ

Dj ELegancia 9:20 PM - 21 January, 2016
When is it going to become available and where can I buy it? In the market for a new mixer
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:25 PM - 21 January, 2016
Hey Dj ELegancia,

We don't have a timeframe currently - i'd probably hit up MIXARS about that. You can probably hit them up on Twitter @mixarsofficial

:)
Daniel Ceresa 10:04 PM - 21 January, 2016
Ojalá ese precio fuese mundial, seguramente en Uruguay salga 1500 dólares con suerte.
DJ Trice 10:12 PM - 21 January, 2016
So welcome to Mixars !!! :-) Good news. She looks good
Klau 11:55 PM - 21 January, 2016
I LOVE Mixars Duo! This mixer is beautifulllll!!!
BGPro 1:04 AM - 22 January, 2016
Good move on the Mixar/Serato relationship. Lotta cash strapped dudes going for the Traktor Z2/Denon DS1 combo.

Way to capture that slice!!!
djmarkg 1:13 AM - 22 January, 2016
I have a question for everyone on this forum.

Since when did mixers start becoming so expensive to buy?

Given how cheap it is to build something and midi controllers are so cheap to build why are we paying so much?

Pioneer? Rane? etc.
nikodb 2:11 AM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:

Given how cheap it is to build something and midi controllers are so cheap to build why are we paying so much?

Pioneer? Rane? etc.

Descent mixers always were expensive anyway and cant really quote on this one, only time will tell,,,,but rane sure deserve their money..and acrually for example, if you try to build a kit to simulate a djm S9 in action for example...it will cost you even more money to build it, as it consists of two premium serato cards, a descent mixer with hardeare effecrs and premium crossfader all that among wih performance pads dual kit section... all in one mixer unit laid out very nicely and hussle free plug n play....on addition you cannot really compare all the toy junk midi controllers with these high end pro quality mixers.
djmarkg 2:44 AM - 22 January, 2016
Agree with most what your saying, take look at the Voxa M70 cheap and has a lot of features, but its a unknow brand.
souza 3:18 AM - 22 January, 2016
I agree , voxoa m70 is high quality hybrid mixer with low price , but with a lots of features. Voxoa is a hanpin Brand,the global top manufacturer on dj industry
djmarkg 4:02 AM - 22 January, 2016
I have one and i love it, works perfect.
DylanVE 6:38 AM - 22 January, 2016
This looks alright, although I've got a few questions:

- Can it access cues 5-8?
- Does "mixing is software based" mean that it's basically just a midi controller when using SDJ?
- Is there tension on the channel faders?
nikodb 2:11 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
Agree with most what your saying, take look at the Voxa M70 cheap and has a lot of features, but its a unknow brand.

Am familiar with the M70, though i never tested to feel it first hand and have a solid opinion when it comes to its build quality (not saying its bad or something)...but you will still need a Serato interface coming with that, so it aint so cheap no more! Personally, I ve been trying to cut out corners since before i even buy my first pair of decks like 20years ago..I just never managed to do it with a full-feeling sensation that i got it just right and give them Pioneer arses the finger laughing on their face :P... Always ended up buying their expensive stuff sooner or later, or just settled with my cheaper hacks (but being fairly envious in absolute secrecy) :P ΄

Ι dont know man..i just have the feeling that all the good stuff will always be expensive...seems they ll always cost too much to be R&D'd and manufactured, as well as marketed and properly advertised to be sold..

Cheers
Nik
djmarkg 8:26 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:

- Can it access cues 5-8? Yes
- Does "mixing is software based" mean that it's basically just a midi controller when using SDJ? Yes
what do you mean by tension?
thebulge 8:55 PM - 22 January, 2016
USB hub, well laid out Serato core function for 95% vinyl DJs. If it's well built, it's gonna be bad ass.
dj_old_school wild sound 9:25 PM - 22 January, 2016
wowwwww they copy the traktor z2 lord hope no one get no one for copyrights lol
DJ XL _ tEXAs 11:16 PM - 22 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Pioneer? Rane? etc.

the Native Instruments Z2 is fully mappable w/ Serato DJ at half the cost. jmo

Descent mixers always were expensive anyway and cant really quote on this one, only time will tell,,,,but rane sure deserve their money..and acrually for example, if you try to build a kit to simulate a djm S9 in action for example...it will cost you even more money to build it, as it consists of two premium serato cards, a descent mixer with hardeare effecrs and premium crossfader all that among wih performance pads dual kit section... all in one mixer unit laid out very nicely and hussle free plug n play....on addition you cannot really compare all the toy junk midi controllers with these high end pro quality mixers.

DJ Quartz 12:40 AM - 23 January, 2016
When will your products be available in Canada?
dj xcel 23 1:04 AM - 23 January, 2016
Serato dj is now $99 this brand is new and they expect us to pay $1k for this.. can we get a mixer is the $500, $600 range
nikodb 2:15 AM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pioneer? Rane? etc.

I hear you man...i like the z2 also, but lucks a serato soundcard so you need to add that to the cost..and..still it now costs 600 which dropped down from a 799 intro price in eu..and that is not what i d consider cheap overall...my whole point here is that there are no dirt cheap great mixers, actually there never were imho..there are only cheap mixers that might work for soem people...but they do not compare for nothing with Rane or Vestax or Ecler or any other solid great mixers.well built.
thebulge 3:45 AM - 23 January, 2016
At the price tag, and with "serato approved" badge I'd be confident this is going to be on par with the premium brands. look forward to DJ Worx giving it the once over. But I love the layout and features. USB hub. So simple, yet massive feature that should be on every digital mixer considering DJ weapons of choice are generally port anemic MacBooks.
Juan Too Big Perez 5:34 AM - 23 January, 2016
I love Traktor but I am going to transition over to Serato if you guys buy the Traktor mixer you should test out the mixer with their software years ago it was ahead of Serato but I think Serato is far ahead of them as far as DJ use but not live editing and producing
DJ G-Rebel 6:31 AM - 23 January, 2016
In germany on the Kleinanzeigen ebay Website. (Something like a online flea market) you can find Traktor Z2s in used but best condition for about 400 €s. I got mine from there. And with an extra innofader pnp that i swapped out frommen anothet mixer it's a beats. I would never spend 1000$s on a mixer with just a few Buttons more like the S9.
Don't forget. YOU still have to dj not the mixer. ;)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pioneer? Rane? etc.

I hear you man...i like the z2 also, but lucks a serato soundcard so you need to add that to the cost..and..still it now costs 600 which dropped down from a 799 intro price in eu..and that is not what i d consider cheap overall...my whole point here is that there are no dirt cheap great mixers, actually there never were imho..there are only cheap mixers that might work for soem people...but they do not compare for nothing with Rane or Vestax or Ecler or any other solid great mixers.well built.
reif99 7:55 AM - 23 January, 2016
Is it made in Italy?
Djaywise 8:49 AM - 23 January, 2016
why is it that here in nigeria we dj's found it difficult to get your products (serato) shipped to us?
trafficjam 9:23 AM - 23 January, 2016
I'm still using SL1 so bear with me, trying to figure out what my next move should be.

1) If you buy a mixer like this one, what do you all do, do you take it to your gigs and swap out the mixer that's installed in the club?

2) how do you swap over during sets with other DJs?

I like the idea of having all your cues, loops etc in one unit and getting to know it well, but for a travelling DJ, is this the best idea? Would a separate external fx controller + SL4 be a better route and leave the mixer out of the equation?

I honestly don't know why I'm having such trouble getting my head around all these configurations.
Royal Dj Phyz 9:47 AM - 23 January, 2016
looking forward to ride this
nik39 10:09 AM - 23 January, 2016
Any info about the quality of line faders? I mean, it's cool that the cross fader is an Innofader - but what's up with the line faders?
thebulge 10:28 AM - 23 January, 2016
Pics i looked at I could see a made in China sticker. what isn't these days? Nit necessarily a mark against quality.
reif99 11:41 AM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
Pics i looked at I could see a made in China sticker. what isn't these days? Nit necessarily a mark against quality.

Fair enough, just asking the question. I always have been happy with the price of Rane mixers considering their build quality, faders & made in the USA.

A pioneer S9 is not made in Japan, but it is a very capable serato enabled battle mixer/midi controller and I am guessing this is what we should be comparing it to
nikodb 12:08 PM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
Any info about the quality of line faders? I mean, it's cool that the cross fader is an Innofader - but what's up with the line faders?

They are Alphas..according to a local dealer here
DJ Quartz 3:20 PM - 23 January, 2016
The 62 is over $3000 and S9 is over $2000 in Canada right now.

Even though people are saying this mixer is expensive. For me it's not for the features it has.

Not to mention it's already Serato certified.
DJ Quartz 3:25 PM - 23 January, 2016
When I think of it the Duo is is the same price point of the discontinued 61 in Canada.

And it has features that should have been on the 61.
DJ Quartz 9:25 PM - 23 January, 2016
Do you have the capability to access all 8 cue / loop slots via shift mode, etc?
thebulge 10:08 PM - 23 January, 2016
Seems there is a white "bank" button underneath the Cues, which I assume is a momentary toggle for Cue / Sampler banks. And there is a switch in the middle to toggle between cues or sampler mode for pads.

Obviously you won't get the slicer and other advanced modes but a lot of people don't use them. Or you can just use an out board controller via the hub, or iPad app. As serato update software and pad features, change an inexpensive controller and keep the mixer with core functionality. Brilliant approach.
DJ Quartz 11:04 PM - 23 January, 2016
Right now based on the pricing I could get two Duo's for a price of a S9 even definitely for one 62.
DJ Quartz 11:05 PM - 23 January, 2016
I just hope they did their homework with the core driver support and we can avoid all the El Capitan woes.
DJ Quartz 11:06 PM - 23 January, 2016
I also wonder if they will make a SP1 equivalent.
thebulge 12:24 AM - 24 January, 2016
I am hoping this might be the company to make the VCI-380 equivalent!!
djtopnotch 3:39 AM - 24 January, 2016
I was hoping for something that would make me not buy a z2 or s8. I have been with Serato since sl 1. Not to start to mention native lets me do more off line than Serato dj. The question is how hard is it to map z2 to Serato? I never bought Serato remote and might try since it's only $10 right now.
DylanVE 8:20 AM - 24 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

- Does "mixing is software based" mean that it's basically just a midi controller when using SDJ? Yes

Is there a slight resistance on the channel faders? A lot of mixers these days will have a loose cross fader for scratching, but have a slight tension on the channel faders for supposedly 'smooth' mixing. The Z2 does, but I'm hoping this mixer is not the same.
DJ Quartz 4:43 PM - 24 January, 2016
Quote:
I was hoping for something that would make me not buy a z2 or s8. I have been with Serato since sl 1. Not to start to mention native lets me do more off line than Serato dj. The question is how hard is it to map z2 to Serato? I never bought Serato remote and might try since it's only $10 right now.

I think people are missing the point. You don't save much money and you have more devices to hook up.

Then you have to mess around with midi, etc, etc...

This is plug n' play.

Plug in the mixer, plug in your decks/cdj's, connect you sound system, etc. Done

I will say it again, at this price point, that pretty damn good actually.
djmarkg 9:25 PM - 24 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is there a slight resistance on the channel faders? A lot of mixers these days will have a loose cross fader for scratching, but have a slight tension on the channel faders for supposedly 'smooth' mixing. The Z2 does, but I'm hoping this mixer is not the same.

Not sure about that one, but you can adjust the fader point.
djmarkg 9:28 PM - 24 January, 2016
The z2 might be cheaper to buy in your local area, but in Oz it's $850 the Voxoa M70 is only around $500 here and has more controls.
dj_old_school wild sound 10:55 PM - 24 January, 2016
I have two traktor z2 I use them with rane sl2 but since rane is still working with the updates for el capitan I stop using my rane sl2 and using traktor scratch pro....the only reason I use serato is because of the serato video I think the day traktor scratch pro do a plug in like serato video maybe that will be the day I stop using serato.............don't get mean wrong I like serato but why pay over 1000 or 2000 dollars for a mixer that will be outdate in 5 years, I think serato should add the traktor z2 to their club mixers capable to work with serato...............I mean the mixer duo is just a copy cat......I must tell you traktor z2 mixer are build to last like a tank man I love it
djmarkg 10:59 PM - 24 January, 2016
I Agree Serato hardware is too expensive, needs to cheaper.
DJ Quartz 3:08 AM - 25 January, 2016
Quote:
should add the traktor z2 to their club mixers capable to work with serato

Won't happen...
souza 3:29 AM - 25 January, 2016
Quote:
Is it made in Italy?

im sure its made in China by Hanpin, like most of hi-end dj equipments brands are.
DJ Quartz 3:40 AM - 25 January, 2016
Yeah it has a made in China stamp on the back.
DjCheba 4:23 AM - 25 January, 2016
Quote:
Serato dj is now $99 this brand is new and they expect us to pay $1k for this.. can we get a mixer is the $500, $600 range

I agree Serato keeps treating all djs like we all have this unlimited dj budget. When will Pioneer and Rane start to make a affordable DVS mixer under $500? You guys are missing out on a huge market share. As soon as a manufacturer fills that void you can say bye bye to Pioneer and Rane market hold.
thebulge 4:36 AM - 25 January, 2016
It's like asking Porsche to start making a Corolla. They are in a different market segment. There are plenty of cheap brands out there to fulfil the lower end of the market.
djmarkg 4:56 AM - 25 January, 2016
Voxoa M70 under $500, this is a good start.
DJ Quartz 5:22 AM - 25 January, 2016
In the same arguement the Rane 56 was $1500 when it launched and it was just a straight scratch mixer.

The 57SL was in the $1500 - $2000 range.

The list price is $990 and it could possibly launch for less than that.

The SL interfaces themselves are half that price of that mixer. Even the new Denon interface is what...

A mixer with a soundcard and software package for sub $1000 is not unrealistic.
nikodb 11:18 AM - 25 January, 2016
Its actually the cheapest Serato mixer ever built....990$ Is an "Introductory price". Z2 also started at 799eu for a very long time before reaching its current status of 600eu...so 799eu should be used when it comes to the Z2 for comparison...Voxoas currently cost about 500eu (do not remember the Intro price of M70) + you need an extra Serato interface.

However since you guys want to keep on comparing Serato mixers with non SDJ certified mixers (which i am TOTALLY cool with that)...Just to be fair and for the sake of accurate info, which is what this is all about...At least include the additional Serato interface cost on top which would be 350eu for a denon DS1 as the cheapest option (limited to SDJ), while mentioning the products Intro retail price, for a fair comparison.

Its called spam otherwise.

Cheers
Nik
DJ Quartz 11:25 AM - 25 January, 2016
Quote:
However since you guys want to keep on comparing Serato mixers with non SDJ certified mixers (which i am TOTALLY cool with that)...Just to be fair and for the sake of accurate info, which is what this is all about...At least include the additional Serato interface cost on top which would be 350eu for a denon DS1 as the cheapest option (limited to SDJ), while mentioning the products Intro retail price, for a fair comparis

This is what I'm looking at in the comparison as well. Everyone is saying how cheap the Z2 is but you can't use the sound card anyway. Which means you have to add on a SL2, etc and you're right back up there in price.
nikodb 11:34 AM - 25 January, 2016
Quote:
This is what I'm looking at in the comparison as well. Everyone is saying how cheap the Z2 is but you can't use the sound card anyway. Which means you have to add on a SL2, etc and you're right back up there in price.

Not to mention, i am even a bit skeptical my self in regards to the Mixars Duo, cause it looks a bit more DJ Techish for my liking...However Facts are Facts...only time will show how its going to stand and last...but most importantly we need to be fair about our comparisons.

Cheers
Nik
DJ Quartz 12:16 PM - 25 January, 2016
I believe the person that founded the company is formerly from DJ Tech.
DJ Quartz 12:22 PM - 25 January, 2016
Correction not founded Mixars because it's a subsidiary of dB Technologies/RCF.

But it seems the person involved with the design is formerly from DJ Tech.
nikodb 2:16 PM - 25 January, 2016
Quote:
Correction not founded Mixars because it's a subsidiary of dB Technologies/RCF.

But it seems the person involved with the design is formerly from DJ Tech.

Yeah you are right, his name is Alleso i think..you can clearly see the lines of his previous work from dj tech here, on these models..CUT especially which is priced at 250eu as their cheap scratch mixer, is screaming dj tech.
DjCheba 6:56 PM - 25 January, 2016
I'm reading these comments and I don't get it. Are you guys really justifing for Serato high prices,really? What are you Serato planted trolls or simply a bunch of die hard Serato Fanboys that you simply don't care what he'll they charge you! WTF
DjCheba 6:56 PM - 25 January, 2016
Quote:
I'm reading these comments and I don't get it. Are you guys really justifing for Serato high prices,really? What are you Serato planted trolls or simply a bunch of die hard Serato Fanboys that you simply don't care what hell they charge you! WTF
DJ Quartz 7:00 PM - 25 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I'm reading these comments and I don't get it. Are you guys really justifing for Serato high prices,really? What are you Serato planted trolls or simply a bunch of die hard Serato Fanboys that you simply don't care what hell they charge you! WTF

Where do you live?
DJ Quartz 7:02 PM - 25 January, 2016
I don't get where people think this are such high prices. Stand alone mixers sell for more than this and everyone rushes out to get one.
DjCheba 9:41 PM - 25 January, 2016
Where do I live?🤑
Why does that justify the price with you?
I live in a trailer park in the middle of East New York Brooklyn! Does that entitles me to a discount? Lol
DJ Quartz 9:51 PM - 25 January, 2016
What I was saying is, I wanted to know in case of exchange. CDN -> US is horrendous right now.

Go look up what Pioneer and Rane mixers cost out here.

I paid $1500 for my 57SL when I got it in 2012. So that's my argument of why I feel this mixer is not crazy expensive.

And for all we know, it could launch for cheaper.
Mr. Cheese 71nyc 10:38 PM - 25 January, 2016
1. The mixer does look cheesy 2. I hope its not just a re-branded Dj-Tech with a Serato card onboard 3. db/RCF do make high end audio gear so thats a plus. as much as i want to say these mixers (rane pio etc) are over priced, people keep buying them. I'll stick with my $200 mixer and SL2 or maybe that AMX is in my range i got other hobbies too.
nikodb 12:45 AM - 26 January, 2016
Quote:
I'm reading these comments and I don't get it. Are you guys really justifing for Serato high prices,really? What are you Serato planted trolls or simply a bunch of die hard Serato Fanboys that you simply don't care what he'll they charge you! WTF

You are correct...as long as it worths the money, i ll pay for it....i care not if its a Rane or a Numark or a Z2...just be sure you give me a fair comparison....Read....again...slowly....maybe that will help.
gandalfthevague 2:59 PM - 26 January, 2016
was just reading the "pushing the boundaries of design" but and thinking it looks exactly like the rane and dj tech design to me then i saw the price HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING.
NO, JUST NO.... AND IM IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW MIXER TOO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA JOKERS.
DJ Quartz 3:28 PM - 26 January, 2016
Quote:
was just reading the "pushing the boundaries of design" but and thinking it looks exactly like the rane and dj tech design to me then i saw the price HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING.
NO, JUST NO.... AND IM IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW MIXER TOO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA JOKERS.

I don't pay attention to that stuff. That is just marketing hype. I thought the same thing too and decided. Just let me get my hands on it and save the sales rhetoric.
Blaz3 2:06 PM - 28 January, 2016
Where can we pre order for the Mixar?? I just bought the z2 and not happy about the browse knob. If you scroll, most of the times it won't stop scrolling till it gets to the bottom of the track list.

The z2 probably works great with scratch pro.
nikodb 2:32 PM - 28 January, 2016
Quote:
Where can we pre order for the Mixar?? I just bought the z2 and not happy about the browse knob. If you scroll, most of the times it won't stop scrolling till it gets to the bottom of the track list.

Here is a link containing an XML that seems to work correctly...Instructions to download on comments...You may try to alter that mapping to your liking maybe (however, you may need to run the NI controller editor on background, not exactly sure about that)

Watchwww.youtube.com

Hope this helps you

Cheers
Nik
Blaz3 2:41 PM - 28 January, 2016
Quote:

Not so much with serato dj
GJIGGY 12:39 PM - 30 January, 2016
Hi,

Look out for NAMM 2016 quick Mixars demo video clips form the likes of IFTW, DJ IQ, DJ MR VIBE, DJ RAYTED R, DJ ZO, DJ VEKKED, QBERT, etc., etc., etc.

The products are solid and the video clips will speak for themselves then you decide :)

Best regards,

GJIGGY
Freelance Videographer | Editor | D.O.P.| D.I.T.
(MIXARS)

Quote:
Quote:
was just reading the "pushing the boundaries of design" but and thinking it looks exactly like the rane and dj tech design to me then i saw the price.
DJ Quartz 4:27 PM - 30 January, 2016
Been sharing the videos GJIGGY, the mixer does look solid and I'm intrigued!
GJIGGY 4:36 PM - 30 January, 2016
Quartz. You been sharing other videos of MIXARS at NAMM right?

Quote:
Been sharing the videos GJIGGY, the mixer does look solid and I'm intrigued!
DJ Quartz 5:17 PM - 30 January, 2016
Yep
GJIGGY 5:39 PM - 30 January, 2016
Wait until my Official MIXARS videos drop then you'll be able to witness and feel the power of the kit :)

Once uploaded, listen to the sets on a proper system not your phone.

I'll link you when they're uploaded so you can check them out :)

Peace.

www.facebook.com
Dj Kenske 6:24 AM - 10 February, 2016
I seen this selling on a website not of u.s for 900 euros so I guess it will cost us here in us roughly $1020.00, and I've been waiting on this mixer since I heard about it but now that's a no go for me I think that is just too damn high for the regular joe , I can get a second hand rane 62 for that price, I really thought we'd get a price of under $700.00 but guess not. these mixer mfg's must think we got cash growing out are behinds or something, we got kids and stuff....
GJIGGY 12:16 PM - 11 February, 2016
NAMM 2016 - Mixars Duo - Mixer for Serato (Dj IFTW)

Watchwww.youtube.com
dj_old_school wild sound 8:45 PM - 22 February, 2016
well dam a video dj that what i like i love serato but the day traktor make a plug in to play music videos like serato video man that the day i say good bye to serato and rate if they don't get their shit together man tired of waiting, tired of the excuses, as much money all this companies makes and they can't have this drivers and firmwares ready if i was the CEO of both company serato and rate i would fired a lot but a lot of people
DJ Tecniq 5:01 AM - 25 February, 2016
A $1000 dollar mixer paired with SDJ (Shitty DJ) seems fair😕
DeeJay Kcydal 7:19 PM - 6 March, 2016
Quote:
why is it that here in nigeria we dj's found it difficult to get your products (serato) shipped to us?

Sure, we will be taken more seriously soon as we up our game.
DjWill 6:56 PM - 7 March, 2016
I'm ready to add the Mixars Duo to one of my setups.
DJ Quartz 8:05 AM - 14 March, 2016
I went to the Canadian DJ show yesterday in Toronto and they had the Duo there.

I went through the functions and it has a good feel to it.

There is a bank button that toggles between the two rows of cue points which isn't bad.

It had FX controls, loop roll, navigation, etc., etc.

It's intuitive as well.

I need one at home to bang to get full review but it's a decent mixer from my short time with it at the show.
mydjindamix 8:57 PM - 14 March, 2016
Will this unit work with scratch live?
DJ Quartz 9:59 PM - 14 March, 2016
No it won't. Scratch Live development has ceased so it is not supported.
Dj Kenske 5:44 PM - 24 March, 2016
well guys I'm in like Flynn just bought a second hand mint condition rane 62 mixer in all black oddy case today for $1200 only thing the number (1) cue button looks shot but didn't test yet everything else excellent, so yeah no mixars duo for me , all dj's should consider this option like I said before if mixars duo would have been around the $700 , - $800 max id say maybe but you just cant beat getting a second hand 62 and actually have tons of effects built right in , but hey goodluck to db technologies it is a fine mixer just a lil' too pricy for me anyway with 7 kids here in the home, over and out dj KENSKE illadel!
DJ Tecniq 1:42 PM - 26 April, 2016
Has this mixer been released yet? Have heard nothing about it recently.
Dj G cue 9:41 PM - 26 April, 2016
Quote:
Has this mixer been released yet? Have heard nothing about it recently.

prodjdirect.com is now accepting orders. to be released on 5/13/16 $999.99
Dj G cue 9:43 PM - 26 April, 2016
here's a video: Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Flex London 1:36 PM - 8 May, 2016
This mixer is out in the uk this month according to the company. I can see ppl are dissing this mixer but it's a very good mixer for the price. I have the DJs9 love it to bits and don't want to take it on gigs so I keep it at home. I need a mixer to to replace my akai AMX and the duo had all the fechers that a club DJ needs. And if you build the mixer by the time you got the mixer sound card and the pads you will end up pays the same price and you will not get post fader fx and to record within the mixer. So think about your getting a lot for your money. All the best flex
DJ Quartz 1:58 PM - 9 May, 2016
I got to play with it at the Canadian DJ Show, it's a very decent product I can say at the least.
DJ Quartz 4:52 AM - 10 May, 2016
1.9.1 is released and has official support now.
ChristianH 8:08 AM - 10 May, 2016
...picked up this mixer yesterday... today I installed serato dj 1.9.1 and it says it has official PnP support for the Duo Mixer.... Serato DJ 1.9.1 says Mixars Duo is getting connected but then nothing happens. Does somebody know if this only a windows problem (perhaps the driver is not yet ready because no download is offered). Tried Win8.1 and Win10 already. Will try later today on a Mac. Why do they offer products that are not ready to use?
Dj Flex London 9:06 AM - 10 May, 2016
I think you will be fine with Mac. Congrats on the mixer. Still waiting for uk release
ChristianH 9:42 AM - 10 May, 2016
...nobody running this mixer with windows?
ChristianH 4:47 PM - 10 May, 2016
ok, driver for windows is on the website now. I will give it a try ;-)
7:40 PM, 10 May 2016
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
SwiffStarr80 1:50 PM - 11 May, 2016
Ill be Honest... The mixer definitely looks like the clean!!
The layout deff resembles the Z2 but it still looks clean !! Im not to big on the front mic input myself but thats jus me.. To be honest my Rane 61 and DDJ SP1 set up has everything I need in SDJ !!! including the 4 missing pads you lose on this mixer ! But for the price?! i might have bought it back before I bought my 61 and DDJ SP1... Ill stick to my dope set up !!!
DJ Quartz 2:41 PM - 11 May, 2016
You still have access to all eight cue points.. There is a bank switch to access cue points 5-8.
Dj cuervo 7:19 PM - 11 May, 2016
I'm getting the Z2 with my SL2. All Serato enabled mixers are over- priced.
DJ Quartz 7:23 PM - 11 May, 2016
Better get a used SL2 because they are not cheap new anymore.
DJ Alibi 3:24 PM - 5 June, 2016
i just got man in and i love it so far, the only problem i have (or feature i miss about my AMX ) is using thu mode with serato (not standalone) you can still use some effects with real vinyl, as with this, it is disabled unless you bypass serato, or at least thats as far as i got with it
DJ Alibi 3:32 PM - 5 June, 2016
and i probably explained that wrong lol
Dillansss 4:19 PM - 6 June, 2016
Does the mixer work as a standalone mixer (without serato) with real songs on vinyl?
Dillansss 4:19 PM - 6 June, 2016
Quote:

Does this mixer wirk as a standalone mixer then without serato and with real songs on vinyl?
DJ Alibi 12:37 AM - 7 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Does this mixer wirk as a standalone mixer then without serato and with real songs on vinyl?

yes it does, but you can only use the filter effect knob,
thorissr 11:34 PM - 23 June, 2016
I'm looking for mine to arrive this Saturday....can't wait to get my hands on it.
thorissr 4:27 PM - 24 June, 2016
Quick question for anyone who currently owns the Mixars Duo..I know this mixer supports post fader fx, but is that with the cross fader or up faders only? Thanks
thorissr 5:14 PM - 25 June, 2016
Quote:
Quick question for anyone who currently owns the Mixars Duo..I know this mixer supports post fader fx, but is that with the cross fader or up faders only? Thanks

Got it today and found out post fader effects are only possible via the channel faders and not cross fader. Anyway this is a tight mixer for the cost. The sound is amazing and setup was a breeze. Everything works as advertised with 1.91.
Djaywise 11:19 AM - 6 July, 2016
Quote:
Chinzywillow 4:24 PM - 3 August, 2016
Would anyone foresee Serato registration issues with having one of these shipped from the US and using in Australia? I think it should work fine as SDJ a direct download from website - but wanted to double check. Same for all SDJ hardware mixers? Cheers
DJ Quartz 4:27 PM - 3 August, 2016
You shouldn't have any issues, and support will assist you to get any problems you had resolved.
lvmez 4:46 PM - 11 August, 2016
Will this mixer work with Mix Emergency and Serato? What kind of pricing is every getting on these?
Dj Assassin HD 11:31 AM - 4 September, 2016
Got mine yesterday, but haven't had time yet to go to work on her.
MYD 12:39 AM - 17 September, 2016
I just got my Mixars DUO and Im having one problem My cubes with the set cues don't seem to be working when I'm using my turntables, but when I switch to digital and not use the turntable the cubes work fine can anyone help with what Im doing wrong Thank You
Dj Kenske 1:02 AM - 17 September, 2016
Quote:
Will this mixer work with Mix Emergency and Serato? What kind of pricing is every getting on these?

yes, I knowyou can get this mixer here in the u.s for approx. $970.00
Dj Kenske 1:08 AM - 17 September, 2016
i did get a chance to use this mixer @ sam ash here in phila., pa. and i compare it to the ni z2 but i must say the z2 is built a tad bit more rugged but with that said so is the mixars duo , final thought .....if you're a serato dj user id say go for the mixars i personally use the rane sixty two and swear by it , if my rane were to ever go down ill just pull out my NS7FX until my rane 62 is repaired. i am a lifetime rane and serato dj user!!!!!!
Dj Kenske 10:48 PM - 16 October, 2016
Quote:
I just got my Mixars DUO and Im having one problem My cubes with the set cues don't seem to be working when I'm using my turntables, but when I switch to digital and not use the turntable the cubes work fine can anyone help with what Im doing wrong Thank You

sounds like absolute mode , switch to relative mode in ssl or sdj software.
DJ D.Mil 3:30 AM - 2 December, 2016
Is anyone having problems with Serato DJ freezing up ?/ just got my DUO & Freezes when I use the EFX ... Running Serato DJ 1.9.4 ... please help!
dj_old_school wild sound 8:31 PM - 13 December, 2016
Make it work with Traktor Z-2 is the same as the duo even that i have my midi map but would be great have it as part of the club pack
DJ Alibi 12:45 AM - 15 December, 2016
i have made mine, about 3 months, still works ok, except i'm getting a little static and bleed through on the channels faders (both) can anybody recommend a spray i could use? (probably dust)
DJ Quartz 12:51 AM - 15 December, 2016
Quote:
Is anyone having problems with Serato DJ freezing up ?/ just got my DUO & Freezes when I use the EFX ... Running Serato DJ 1.9.4 ... please help!

@ Dj Mil, try using the latest version 1.9.5
Dj Kenske 8:36 AM - 28 December, 2016
Quote:

yeah i use mid 2010 macbk pro and serato 1.9.4 , rane 62 pair mk5's and it's been freezing (serato), so i went back to 1.9.2 and solid as all hell, so im staying with 1.9.2 no problems what so ever oh and btw im running osx 10.11.4 el capitan, no issues at all when using 1.9.2 hope this helps
Ri.En 10:26 AM - 13 January, 2017
Hi, I bought the Mixars Duo few days ago.
Also I have a problem of 'Serato DJ freezing' when I use the FX (delay, echo, etc etc)!
I try to running with 1.9.2 version of Serato Dj but nothing change.
I have a MacBook Pro 2009 with installed OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Currently the capacity is 249Gb but I am using only 120Gb.
Somebody can help me please?
Thanks
DJ Quartz 12:55 PM - 13 January, 2017
Have everyone who is having the freezing issue opened support tickets?

Also, keep in mind Serato DJ stopped officially supporting Core2Duo processors after version 1.7
Ri.En 3:11 PM - 13 January, 2017
Quote:
Have everyone who is having the freezing issue opened support tickets?

Also, keep in mind Serato DJ stopped officially supporting Core2Duo processors after version 1.7

Thanks Quartz!
DJ Tecniq 7:24 PM - 13 January, 2017
Quote:
Hi, I bought the Mixars Duo few days ago.
Also I have a problem of 'Serato DJ freezing' when I use the FX (delay, echo, etc etc)!
I try to running with 1.9.2 version of Serato Dj but nothing change.
I have a MacBook Pro 2009 with installed OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Currently the capacity is 249Gb but I am using only 120Gb.
Somebody can help me please?
Thanks
It's your mac. SDJ versions 1.8 and above stopped support for intel core 2 duo machines. you need an iprocessor or stick with any 1.7 version which should work fine.
collie pavz 9:07 AM - 5 February, 2017
Hallo Team Serato. How would I connect the cdj 400 to the mixars duo mixer to fully use the serato dj functionalities?
GJIGGY 10:20 PM - 9 March, 2017
Quote:
i did get a chance to use this mixer @ sam ash here in phila., pa. and i compare it to the ni z2 but i must say the z2 is built a tad bit more rugged but with that said so is the mixars duo , final thought .....if you're a serato dj user id say go for the mixars i personally use the rane sixty two and swear by it , if my rane were to ever go down ill just pull out my NS7FX until my rane 62 is repaired. i am a lifetime rane and serato dj user!!!!!!

:)
Tony The Hitman 12:48 AM - 14 April, 2017
I just bought the mixer have issue the microphone is distorted and muffled anybody have suggestions or fix .. I have a dual shure and doesn't have volume control ..

Didn't have these issue with my rane mixer
DJ Buckaveli 2:38 AM - 15 April, 2017
Just got the mixars duo.....can anyone tell me why im not able to control the music with my turntables? No signal
DJ Tecniq 3:02 AM - 15 April, 2017
Quote:
Just got the mixars duo.....can anyone tell me why im not able to control the music with my turntables? No signal
The manual is your friend www.mixars.com
DJ Buckaveli 3:12 AM - 15 April, 2017
Read it cover to cover....everything works but the turntables. Seen a video on YouTube saying u need to use scratch live so that the computer can detect the turntables.

Maunel says mixars duo have dvs bulit inside so i dont need scratch live. Shit getting frustrating and im ready to send it back
DJ Tecniq 3:42 AM - 15 April, 2017
Quote:
Read it cover to cover....everything works but the turntables. Seen a video on YouTube saying u need to use scratch live so that the computer can detect the turntables.

Maunel says mixars duo have dvs bulit inside so i dont need scratch live. Shit getting frustrating and im ready to send it back
Are you plugged into phono or line? Make sure you have the correct drivers for your operating system.
DJ Buckaveli 3:47 AM - 15 April, 2017
Plug in phono.
DJ Buckaveli 3:53 AM - 15 April, 2017
Check it out can u give me a rundown on what I need to buy, install or anything so I can get started deejaying. I have mixars duo with sta turntables with windows 10.
DJ Tecniq 7:25 AM - 15 April, 2017
Quote:
Check it out can u give me a rundown on what I need to buy, install or anything so I can get started deejaying. I have mixars duo with sta turntables with windows 10.
Not all mixers are the same esp these new DVS mixers so it may be more of a learning curve. This link might help www.mixars.com
DJ Tecniq 7:26 AM - 15 April, 2017
I dunno how the setup is for this specific mixer and so far have found no driver/firmware for the Duo on their product page. Wish I could help you more.
DJ Tecniq 7:33 AM - 15 April, 2017
Lastly maybe this video might help. Be sure that your gain levels on the mixer aren't turned all the way down cause it would result in no sound at all. From what I saw it seems to be a pretty easy setup process. Check it out here youtu.be
DJ Tecniq 7:34 AM - 15 April, 2017
If that fails try playing regular vinyl (non Serato) if that doesn't work something may be defective with the mixer as I don't have any other suggestions. Hope you figure it out man.
DJ Tecniq 7:38 AM - 15 April, 2017
You are using Serato vinyl right? In order to hear the time code you need Serato control vinyl records. lol that's a super newbie possibility. Try everything hell plug your phone into it to see if sound even comes out.
DJ Buckaveli 10:39 PM - 22 April, 2017
Finally got the drivers downloaded now its saying "class not registered" and mixars duo hardware is not connected lmao I cant do it no more....this shit going back to the store....bright side I get my $2000 dollars back
DJ Tecniq 5:47 AM - 23 April, 2017
Quote:
bright side I get my $2000 dollars back
$2000? That mixer is only $800. Where the hell did you buy from?
DJ Buckaveli 10:39 AM - 23 April, 2017
Mixars duo with 2 sta turntables cost 2 grand....mixer is 999 and tables 999
DJ Tecniq 1:55 PM - 23 April, 2017
Quote:
Mixars duo with 2 sta turntables cost 2 grand....mixer is 999 and tables 999
Gotcha maybe keep the t-tables and return the mixer. You read all manuals right?
DJ Buckaveli 12:37 AM - 24 April, 2017
Read that shit cover to cover....i solve one problem and here comes another
Dj Kenske 3:52 PM - 28 April, 2017
Quote:
I dunno how the setup is for this specific mixer and so far have found no driver/firmware for the Duo on their product page. Wish I could help you more.

Quote:
Read that shit cover to cover....i solve one problem and here comes another

did you return the duo and sta's,? i think i know the problem
DJ Buckaveli 3:54 PM - 28 April, 2017
@Dj Kenske....no not yet....please tell me the problem
Dj Kenske 1:38 AM - 29 April, 2017
Quote:
@Dj Kenske....no not yet....please tell me the problem

you say you were using windows 10 if so theres lots of issues with mixers drivers with windows 10 you should try all your equipment and software on a macbook (apple) if possible use serato dj version 1.9.6 the duo mixer will unlock that. if you hit me up on Facebook in a private message ill give you my home phone and try to get a better idea of your problem so i can help you thru it. on Facebook look up kenneth castleberry dj kenske philadelphia .
DJ Buckaveli 3:44 AM - 29 April, 2017
Is your facebook page a event page? If so I just hit u up
DJ Tecniq 12:59 PM - 29 April, 2017
I would also test another laptop with another operating system. Like a friends or something. It has to be a Serato/Windows connection issue.
Dj Kenske 4:32 PM - 29 April, 2017
Quote:
Is your facebook page a event page? If so I just hit u up

yeah, ill go check
DJ Tecniq 6:14 PM - 29 April, 2017
This may help. serato.com
DJ Buckaveli 9:16 PM - 8 May, 2017
just got the macbook pro.....let me see if this plug n play like adverstied
DJ Buckaveli 3:47 AM - 10 July, 2017
Still having connection/signal issues. Question: does the signal come from the stylus or control vinyl?
Prayheader 8:50 AM - 11 September, 2017
Guys, i have a short question regarding serato efx and crossfaders in my Duo. Is there a chance to set serato efx to crossfader instead of this current stupid channelfader settings? I easily cant use channelfader during the scratchin with efx and believe me that only analogue lp/hp filter is not what i am looking for during scratchin. I need to remove this bullshit out from my mixars duo 😂😂😂any idea before i will definitely leave duo and buy new rane 72? I dont know maybe there is a way to remapping the sttings or buy profader which can open this option. Your help is really appreciated. Thanks. pH
Giovanny Arias 12:32 AM - 18 October, 2017
good night I want to know if the mixars duo works for serato dj video?
Giovanny Arias 12:33 AM - 18 October, 2017
Quote:
Dj cuervo 2:48 PM - 18 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

It will work. You may have to map the crossfader but I believe it is mapped already.
boogieroom 2:31 PM - 27 November, 2017
Quote:

The best fader on the market.
PhatBelly 6:58 PM - 21 February, 2018
Did you ever find out the problem with the turntables not being able to be recognized? I'm having the same problems with my new mixar duo mkii
kendrecusj@yahoo.com 7:26 PM - 26 April, 2018
Can I record my DJ mixes using this mixer
PhatBelly 3:10 AM - 28 April, 2018
Yes, I solved the problem...
CesarC 7:56 AM - 7 May, 2018
I got an Issue I got the mixar duo mk and a reloop 8000 feels like the best set up but the issue is every time I activate the slicer on my 8000 my duo pads stop working my only work around is to midi map it but I lose the colors to the pads anyone got any suggestions thanks
seanrealdj 7:19 PM - 6 October, 2018
This mixer couldn't handle 24bit files when blending; it is maybe a Serato problem or my OSX Mojave os.
Also, line faders easily get loose and become a "thru mode" it plays zero level position at the maximum level volume, so there is no silence position of line mixer, AND even the crossfader does that too!!, this proves how cheaply this mixer made. And isn't the fader called Galileo? Don't know when they replaced it to innovators; cutting is alright. But not as good as much z2.
z2 does not have hardware problems since it came out and only $599 so how could this mixer be $1000? That price tag is probably from what they learned from MBA master degree.
Not a battle mixer or for the commercial uses. Use it at home for practice only and never bring it outside suckers.
BlueBuzzMusic 5:58 PM - 15 January, 2019
I've researched a lot of things about Mixars Duo mixer. Is it much worse than Pioneer S9?
Prayheader 1:00 PM - 25 April, 2019
i don't have an experience with P S9. I hate that mixars duo doesnt haveis post fader efx. It was also hard maybe let say impossible to find linearity of channel faders. And like a very last point is that It was happend to me couple of times that Mix was discoonected from Serato during my performance. Believe me that you don't wish to be disconnect on party. This killed my relationship with this duo and I moved to used Rane 62 and i am more than satisfied.