Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

FYI: Dropout Warnings vs Limiter Warnings in Serato DJ

9:52 PM, 10 Jan 2016
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Dj gsxr1000 1:50 AM - 10 February, 2016
I am having trouble with this issue I need some help to fix this problem I have 2 cdj 2000 and a rane 62 mixer a MacBook Pro I'm running the newest operating system el captain I have a party this weekend and I can't Dj with this problem please help!!!!
Serato, Support
Karl Y 6:38 PM - 20 February, 2016
Hi DJ gsxr1000

unfortunately Rane are still waiting for an update from Apple to get El Capitan compatibility for their hardware.

read here:
dj.rane.com

There is a temporary workaround at the bottom too
Thomas67 7:45 PM - 13 April, 2016
Hello; I notice that I have an issue with the USB audio dropout indicator changing from "yellow" to "red" while using Serato DJ. I am using a DELL laptop with Processor INTEL(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20 GHz 2.20 GHz; Windows 7 Professional; RAM - 8 gig, System type - 64 bit operating system. I checked my CPU performance and it states its running at 14% which when I check current processes is only coming from Serato DJ. All other system programs all show 00% CPU being used. I used an external hard drive to store music and connect it to my laptop via USB. Could you please advise WHAT I can do at this point to try and help with the USB dropout warning light from coming on often and changing from "yellow" then to 'red" then going off....then repeats....

Thanks
David Rusu 4:13 PM - 14 May, 2019
I have the same system as Thomas67, and the same problem, USB latency I have set at 20, maximum screen updates at 5........ Also, I have noticed some lights dropouts on my ddj sb3... I'm starting to regret the money invested..
Blaccc Pierre 8:44 PM - 26 May, 2019
Quote:
I have the same system as Thomas67, and the same problem, USB latency I have set at 20, maximum screen updates at 5........ Also, I have noticed some lights dropouts on my ddj sb3... I'm starting to regret the money invested..
Blaccc Pierre 8:52 PM - 26 May, 2019
I've been having the same issue with green light turning yellow then audio stutters and eventually stops playing. I've been back and forth with Serato and Pioneer via email. Currently running mac OS 10.14.5 on a mid 2012 macbook pro 10gig ram i5 1600 mhz DDR3. Was going good with Sierra got updated to Mojave and things got funky. Can anyone help changed the nugget latency to 20. Changed the screen updates per second to 10. After 30-45 minutes same issue I have the Pioneer DDJ SR2 I really enjoy this system but its putting a dent in my pockets because I have to pass up on a couple of gigs.
David Rusu 8:10 PM - 27 May, 2019
My problem turned out to be the charger, using a 60Hz instead of the 90 one as the laptop come with... when is charging , everything start to go crazy , but on battery everything seems normal as should be, what I find strange is the thing that before my laptop worked just fine when it was on charge to... I`m on windows and I use a Dell Laptop E6530 latitude.. hope you`ll find your issue came from , as well if you don`t find the answer, Serato team will be happy to help as they helped me solve every issue I had , since now.

have a lovely day!
Blaccc Pierre 8:31 PM - 27 May, 2019
Thanks bro I made a few tweaks and resolved the issue.
TurusGomes 2:16 PM - 30 October, 2019
I've been having the same issue with green light turning yellow then audio stutters and eventually stops playing. I've been back and forth with Serato and Pioneer via email. Currently running mac OS 10.14.5 on a mid 2012 macbook pro 10gig ram i5 1600 mhz DDR3. Was going good with Sierra got updated to Mojave and things got funky. Can anyone help changed the nugget latency to 20. Changed the screen updates per second to 10. After 30-45 minutes same issue I have the Pioneer DDJ SR2 I really enjoy this system but its putting a dent in my pockets because I have to pass up on a couple of gigs.

agreed!!
TurusGomes 3:19 AM - 31 October, 2019
Quote:
I've been having the same issue with green light turning yellow then audio stutters and eventually stops playing. I've been back and forth with Serato and Pioneer via email. Currently running mac OS 10.14.5 on a mid 2012 macbook pro 10gig ram i5 1600 mhz DDR3. Was going good with Sierra got updated to Mojave and things got funky. Can anyone help changed the nugget latency to 20. Changed the screen curated.onl updates per second to 10. After 30-45 minutes same issue I have the Pioneer DDJ SR2 I really enjoy this system but its putting a dent in my pockets because I have to pass up on a couple of gigs. reversephonelookup.onl

agreed!!

issue got solved!!
Laserfrog 11:54 AM - 22 January, 2020
I have a Dell Latitude E6530 and can also add that the typical charger most definitely causes issues in Serato if it is plugged in. Don't think I would have ever of figured that out if it wasn't for this forum because I have not been able to find any other details online in regards to this. Works totally fine unplugged but when you plug it in there is a terrible noise that doesn't go away. Does anyone have any idea where to find a charger that allows me to use this laptop while also using Serato? Saw the post above but could not find any chargers fitting that description. Any help would be greatly appreciated!