Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

VJing with a live band?

Marleymarl 8:34 AM - 5 November, 2015
I am part of an 8 piece live band, and basically I am just doing some scratching and cuts here and there (and looking cool haha). I have been looking into adding video mixing into the live performance, mainly so that I have a bit more to do but it could also really work well with the bands music.

Is it possible to somehow mix video in sync to a live band? There are keys , guitar, vocals and a MPC getting plugged into a mixer , so this could possibly get played back through my mixer. The drummer is live though so thats the tricky bit.

Any thoughts, or ideas on how that could work?

Chur
DJ.WAZZA.AU 10:04 AM - 5 November, 2015
you would need to run a vj software like VDMX or Grand VJ and Serato video …

you could midi map ….the Keys .and the MPC to trigger video as its played

you can run audio back from the main mixer into the vj software to sync video EFX .

if the drummer is playing electronic Roland drum kit with V-link…or is playing to a midi click track
you can send that midi clock to the vj software sync video EFXs and video trigger

you can plug a live sony hand …..and when your not CUTING & SCRATCHING (and looking cool )….you can be film the band and the crowd

you need a good midi interface ...
DJ.WAZZA.AU 2:44 PM - 5 November, 2015
This is a very very old video I did when I was looking to start using video ...
To show you it can be done....
In this video I'm using my Roland sampler mv8000( be your MPC ) and pluging by din midi output into my midi keyboard ...from the midi keyboard to my p.c by USB to control videos in Grand VJ
My MV Roland sampler has to midi output ....one go's to the keyboard , the other midi output go's to a Roland mc808

Watchm.youtube.com

Remember this video is old ...the midi hardware and the vj software has come a long way
All good vj software run Syphon ...so you can run Serato video with them
Marleymarl 6:55 AM - 6 November, 2015
Thanks Wazza. That makes sense. So potentially, I could run the mixer which has the vocals/MP3/keys going into it through to one of the channels of my MIDI DJ mixer? Then use that audio to run the Serato Video or whatever program?

Quote:
you can plug a live sony hand …..and when your not CUTING & SCRATCHING (and looking cool )….you can be film the band and the crowd

Yeah good idea!

Cheers for the video, thats a pretty mean setup you've got got (or had).
Code:E 10:23 PM - 6 November, 2015
Quote:
you would need to run a vj software like VDMX or Grand VJ and Serato video …

Or Resolume..... I have used all of the above Resolume will be best of easy to learn and powerful.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:51 PM - 4 August, 2017
Can you sync Resolume to Live Audio/Serato
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:16 PM - 4 August, 2017
Yes it can via audio or midi clock.
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:59 AM - 5 August, 2017
midi clock will be for a mixer like 62 that sends out midi right?

How do I do this with live audio say I'm using my MCX8000 or DJM S9?

I will like the global bpm of Resolume to be synced with Serato or whatever music is playing live.
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:01 AM - 5 August, 2017
I have looked at the software and all I can see is audio synced FX/Parameters, nothing to sync the global BPM with. There is a BPM display, half time, double time and a tap button in Resolume I downloaded