Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

"Buy" button for Pulselocker purchases

Dj Wunder 10:44 PM - 2 November, 2015
I'd like to see a "Buy" button right there next to the "Offline" and "Stream" buttons for the new Pulselocker + SDJ integration. There could be an option in the setup screen to allow 1-click purchases, and with your credit card on file at Pulselocker, buying new music would be as simple as pie
Serato, Support
Jamie W 10:46 PM - 2 November, 2015
Hey DJ Wunder,

Pulselocker is a streaming service, the idea is to pay a monthly subscription.
For us to ever put a buy button inside Serato DJ, Pulselocker would have to change its model and allow users to purchase music through them. This is a feature request you should ask them directly about.

Thanks
Jamie
Dj Wunder 10:51 PM - 2 November, 2015
Ah thanks Jamie, I thought I read somewhere that Pulselocker was already a store along with a streaming service.

That's too bad, I was really looking forward to a 1 stop shop that was knit nicely with SDJ. Picture being able to stream, and put what you like in an offline serato playlist for gigs, and purchase anything you would want to own forever
AKIEM 12:02 AM - 3 November, 2015
@Pulslocker +1 for this.

I will still have to go else place to buy tracks even if I find them through Pulslocker.
DJ Compiler 12:41 AM - 3 November, 2015
+1 Especially if it carried over all of our beatgrids, cues, flips, etc. automatically upon purchase.

If there's a public feature request area for Pulselocker please post it here so we can add our support.
AKIEM 1:35 AM - 3 November, 2015
...take my money! ...?
Dj Wunder 2:42 AM - 3 November, 2015
I've been messaging them through facebook, responses have come in pretty quickly--> www.facebook.com
Dj Wunder 2:44 AM - 3 November, 2015
They say it isn't a legal/licensing issue but it's just not in their model to sell mp3's, but I've asked them what the drawback would be if they sold them on top of the subscription service, more $$$ in their pocket, right? Why should I spend money at Beatport or the iTunes store if Pulselocker exposed me to the music in the first place?
AKIEM 2:47 AM - 3 November, 2015
The hot new model is *subscription*

(even more reason to not depend on... jus saying)
Dj Wunder 2:50 AM - 3 November, 2015
Yeah lots of companies are killing it nowadays with that. But the ability to purchase tracks would'nt kill their subscription service. You can't edit a downloaded pulselocker track in Abelton
AKIEM 3:07 AM - 3 November, 2015
Quote:
Yeah lots of companies are killing it nowadays with that. But the ability to purchase tracks would'nt kill their subscription service. You can't edit a downloaded pulselocker track in Abelton

Exactly

I think its about companies buying into the model then trying to make it work regardless. But in this case specifically, pro DJs need to have full control of their tracks and libraries. I dont even care if it funnels through another vender, amazon, itunes....

But, If I put a track in my library, I dont want that shit *disappearing* or whatever if they go out of business.

Its part of the reason I never really signed on to white label. Its a dope concept. But if I leave Serato my library crumbles? nope.
serkan 2:48 PM - 3 November, 2015
Quote:

Its part of the reason I never really signed on to white label. Its a dope concept. But if I leave Serato my library crumbles? nope.

You talking about Serato's Whitelabel.net?
It's free. So are the applications that can play the music (SL, ITCH, SDJ).
As you're not losing any money on the songs you can still purchase them if Serato dropped support for wl.mp3 down the road.
AKIEM 5:55 PM - 3 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

You talking about Serato's Whitelabel.net?
It's free. So are the applications that can play the music (SL, ITCH, SDJ).
As you're not losing any money on the songs you can still purchase them if Serato dropped support for wl.mp3 down the road.

Sure, or i can find them someplace else where i already pay a subscription. And i can "buy" the track someplace else and be guaranteed and have the peace of mind knowing i will never have to replace it. The more tracks i might have to replace, the bigger bitch of a job that would be.

Way back when i first started DJ i split with a partner. I kept all the records and let dummy keep whatever type equipment. Those records sit on my shelf today, part of my vinyl library - that equipment is useless and probably been trashed years ago.

I don't know that i will forever use Serato. But i do know that my libraries are secure and may even be after I'm dead.

As a professional, fullest control is important, so i will always lean that way. Whatever the cost or extra work involved, the bet is that my libraries outlast the hardware.

So for pulslocker i will go acquire tracks i want to keep in my library. That lowers the value of the service. If they offered the tracks for sale, it would be a complete solution. As its not a complete solution i will have to consider its value in the first place.
Dj Wunder 9:14 PM - 3 November, 2015
Quote:

As a professional, fullest control is important, so i will always lean that way. Whatever the cost or extra work involved, the bet is that my libraries outlast the hardware.

This^

Quote:

So for pulslocker i will go acquire tracks i want to keep in my library. That lowers the value of the service. If they offered the tracks for sale, it would be a complete solution. As its not a complete solution i will have to consider its value in the first place.

And that^
Djkom 12:44 PM - 5 November, 2015
+1
Like I said in another thread, that would be the perfect all-in-one service I was looking for instead of using multiple different sources and service. I still don't understand they don't want our extra money ...

I don't want to be stuck to one software to play MY MUSIC! don't know the young generation habits, but I can't imagine one serious dj to not own his favorite tracks.
Streaming music is great in some areas: storage free, discovering, play "one shot" tracks in parties (those tracks that djs don't even think to play one day, even more to buy!). But having just to streaming and after spending many hours to edit the tracks and not able to even play them in another software or not be able to create remixes or mixtapes is ridiculous for a professional dj.

So it would be great to have streaming + buying service in one place, I really see a strong value to offer this because even Apple Music / Itunes can't do it seamlessly for the moment...
Dj Wunder 8:07 PM - 5 November, 2015
Quote:
+1
Like I said in another thread, that would be the perfect all-in-one service I was looking for instead of using multiple different sources and service. I still don't understand they don't want our extra money ...

I don't want to be stuck to one software to play MY MUSIC! don't know the young generation habits, but I can't imagine one serious dj to not own his favorite tracks.
Streaming music is great in some areas: storage free, discovering, play "one shot" tracks in parties (those tracks that djs don't even think to play one day, even more to buy!). But having just to streaming and after spending many hours to edit the tracks and not able to even play them in another software or not be able to create remixes or mixtapes is ridiculous for a professional dj.

So it would be great to have streaming + buying service in one place, I really see a strong value to offer this because even Apple Music / Itunes can't do it seamlessly for the moment...

YES
dibb 8:52 AM - 1 April, 2016