Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SDJ 1.8 - CDJ2000nxs HID issues

Steve Howard 3:24 PM - 31 October, 2015
Anybody else having issues with HID mode on 1.8? had a few issues the other night myself, inconsistent sound levels on different channels from same track, cue points jumping around randomly while the track was playing as well as tracks pausing/going back to start for no reason. Was using 2 CDJ 2000nxs + SL4 while having these problems.

Used 1.8 with 1200s and a 62 the night after and it was flawless. Very happy with 1.8 just concerned about the HID issues.

Thanks
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:37 PM - 31 October, 2015
Yep down grade to 1.7.8 HID Is really messed up in 1.8.0
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:38 PM - 31 October, 2015
if you want to keep 1.8.0 for when using dvs and 1.7.8 for when using HID check this guide on how to keep both versions ---> support.serato.com
Nathan Looney 4:23 PM - 31 October, 2015
I had the same issue a few times last night using Rane 64 and CDJ 900 NXS. Try to jump to a cue point then hit cue and song jumps to beginning of the song. However, this only happened when trying to cue a song.
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:42 PM - 31 October, 2015
Yep work around press play then pause then it will let you set a cue point.
nikodb 4:46 PM - 31 October, 2015
I have a weddding gig today with cdj900s coming in a couple of hours or so....happy i just saw all this...1.7.8 for tonight i guess :)
Code:E 8:55 PM - 31 October, 2015
Quote:

This isn't an issues. Its an update to SDJ to make the CDJ act like a CDJ still when In HID mode.....
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:09 PM - 31 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

This isn't an issues. Its an update to SDJ to make the CDJ act like a CDJ still when In HID mode.....

Nope it's not as it would do that all the time not just when this bug happens. And no cdjs do not lock to a cue in any mode. Also Serato have already said that change is nothing todo with this issue.
InBeatRadio 7:08 PM - 1 November, 2015
Yes Same thing here with CDJ 2000, HID is terrible it is impossible to play correctly. Cue point jump for nothing, cannot search the track with the jog wheel it always return on the first cue point, the hot cue does not work, the loop light button does not work anymore and It crash after 1 hour play.

Swtich back to 1.7
Code:E 7:28 PM - 1 November, 2015
Hummm.... I played a school dance on Thursday night for 5 hours by myself and never had an issue. I was on CDJ2000's (non nexus) and a SL4. From these threads I was terrified, so I used 1.7.8. for my 8 hour halloween set.

I'm on OSX 10.9.5 What is everyone else using?

Also is everyone's CDJ's fully up to date on firmware? Mine are at 4.20 what is everone else using?
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:41 PM - 1 November, 2015
Make no difference if every other version works fine and just 1.8.0 doesn't. It's obvious it's a bug in serato code.

But ya anyway.

All firmware was bang upto date.

Metal 4port powered belkin hub with surge protection psu and ferrite high quality USB cable.

Macbookpro 2.7ghz i7 16gb ram 10.10.05 osx

Cdjs all connected up with high quality usb cables with ferrites and all plugs into a surge protector.
InBeatRadio 8:13 PM - 1 November, 2015
CDJ 2000 ver: 4.32. Works very well with 1.7. 1.8 is pure crap...

I tried on my Mac and PC as well
Steve Howard 4:24 PM - 2 November, 2015
Are Serato aware of this bug? Have they acknowledged it even?
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:43 PM - 2 November, 2015
You all need to open a Support Ticket to let them know --> support.serato.com
InBeatRadio 5:16 PM - 2 November, 2015
it's done since thursday...
Steve Howard 5:17 PM - 2 November, 2015
Just opened a ticket. Loving 1.8 other than this.. 100% stable on DVS.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 2:42 AM - 3 November, 2015
Hey Steve Howard,

The best thing you can do is get in touch with support.
The audio issues don't seem related to this as HID mode has nothing to do with audio output levels. Cue points jumping around also seems strange, I cannot reproduce this here.

Hey Woolsey,
Quote:
Yep down grade to 1.7.8 HID Is really messed up in 1.8.0

First off, there is no need for comments like this, scaring people into thinking there are wide spread HID issues is not cool and its completely false information.

Quote:
Quote:

I agree with Code:E here.

The way temp cue works in Serato DJ 1.8.0 is how it works on a CDJ when using Rekordbox, USB sticks, CDs. This was a feature request from our CDJ users and slight improvements have been made to how cue works in HID mode.

This relates to your latest video here - I have watched your videos listed here - serato.com

It seems like the issues listed here are not actual bugs but spec changes to how CDJs are implemented in HID mode for Serato DJ. Are you guys using CDJs with any other applications? or only Serato DJ?

Thanks
Jamie
InBeatRadio 3:03 AM - 3 November, 2015
I use Traktor and VDJ 7 as well for video, Serato is the only software with this ''new'' option for CDJ.

I use Serato since Scratch live in the same way (that's why I love it) but now its a complete different game.
nikodb 3:12 AM - 3 November, 2015
If i got this thing correctly, Temp Cue will always jump to its initial set position, unless a track is paused?

Meaning...if i have playing track, i have to pause it to set the temp Cue wherever i want...unlike before, where i could set it even with play engaged, just by holding the platter to hold a track from moving fwd....

Did i get this right?

Cheers
Nik
Serato, Support
Jamie W 3:14 AM - 3 November, 2015
You can still hold the platter to set a temp cue.
IE. scroll forward in the track, hold the platter down, press the temp cue button and the new temp cue position will be created.

Jamie
InBeatRadio 3:17 AM - 3 November, 2015
Yes put you have to press play before. this is the problem. you cannot search and set a CUE point with the jog if the song does not play.

It was not the case in 1.7
nikodb 3:47 AM - 3 November, 2015
Ok so if a track is NOT playing...if i scroll fwd with the platter, pressing temp cue will always jump to the temp cue preset....(no matter where i am scrolled with the platter)

Did i get it right now?
Code:E 4:44 AM - 3 November, 2015
Quote:
Ok so if a track is NOT playing...if i scroll fwd with the platter, pressing temp cue will always jump to the temp cue preset....(no matter where i am scrolled with the platter)

Did i get it right now?

YEs I think you got it.

Remember guys the CDJs now act like CDJS and not Serato controllers. put a USB stick into your CDJ and try it. It's very close to the exact same (if not the same).

Yes this will take min to get used to. but it's not bad or wrong. It's serato getting HID mode closer you how it should have been from the start in Serato DJ, in HID mode the CDJ should still act like a CDJ, it was very close to this in SSL, SDJ took us a long way away from that. and Serato is making strides to get us back on track.

The cue's jumping around thing I cannot reproduce either. HID mode is stable for me and I will be using it from now often also.
nikodb 5:22 PM - 3 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Did i get it right now?

YEs I think you got it.

Remember guys the CDJs now act like CDJS and not Serato controllers. put a USB stick into your CDJ and try it.

Tnx for the answer...I think (think) this also applies to 1.7.8, if i recall well....not a big deal for me also cause i usually cue engaged on play. However i can really see why some people are frustrated by this.

The previous "serato way" temp cue worked....seems more flexible...It also has been used all this time on all sorts of Serato controllers and previous HID modes on both SL and Dj...I truly believe though it was not faithfully emulating cdjs, it was an advancement over them.

Does anybody have a good reason to need this and make it useful, anything other besides faithfully emulating the cdj? Just curious, can always be missing a good point there :)

Cheers
Nik
Beatlogik 5:43 PM - 3 November, 2015
Quote:
as well as tracks pausing/going back to start for no reason.

I'm having this issue as well, but it was present in 1.7.8 with my CDJ900NXSs in HID mode so I don't think this is new. I'm only just getting into HID mode (been on DVS for years), but this issue does not happen with a USB stick. Is there something we're doing wrong?
nikodb 5:52 PM - 3 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I'm having this issue as well, but it was present in 1.7.8 with my CDJ900NXSs in HID mode so I don't think this is new. I'm only just getting into HID mode (been on DVS for years), but this issue does not happen with a USB stick. Is there something we're doing wrong?

Seems that its not an issue from what Serato has confirmed....Indeed if you do this with a disk or a usb drive inserted on a cdj, it will act like that...

It will occur on a paused track, not a playing one, that the way cdjs work...can you confirm that your track was paused?
Beatlogik 5:55 PM - 3 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Seems that its not an issue from what Serato has confirmed....Indeed if you do this with a disk or a usb drive inserted on a cdj, it will act like that...

It will occur on a paused track, not a playing one, that the way cdjs work...can you confirm that your track was paused?

I'm referring to a track that is currently playing from the virtual deck associated with the CDJ. It will just restart in the middle of a song and start playing at the beginning. It's happened a handful of times over the past month, sometimes while I'm not physically touching anything at all.
nikodb 6:14 PM - 3 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm referring to a track that is currently playing from the virtual deck associated with the CDJ. It will just restart in the middle of a song and start playing at the beginning. It's happened a handful of times over the past month, sometimes while I'm not physically touching anything at all.

Sorry..i know nothing about that, thought you meant the temp cue behavior on a USB stick on a cdj.
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:19 PM - 3 November, 2015
OK guys sorry Jamie from serato has thrown this thread right off,

So guys having issues i gave them some links so you can roll back to 1.7.8 and how to install both versions so you have a working setup. While we try find out why HID is messed up in 1.8.0 and to report to Serato support and you say...

Quote:
First off, there is no need for comments like this, scaring people into thinking there are wide spread HID issues is not cool and its completely false information.

And that's the reply from someone that works at Serato!! WOW!!!

So Jamies advice is to NOT downgrade and HID works totally fine and we are all bonkers...

OK THEN.....

Quote:
I agree with Code:E here.

The way temp cue works in Serato DJ 1.8.0 is how it works on a CDJ when using Rekordbox, USB sticks, CDs. This was a feature request from our CDJ users and slight improvements have been made to how cue works in HID mode.

You agree with Code:E that you now both are talking about something that is nothing todo with the issue we are talking about thats cool.

Yes cue has changed but what about it??? this has nothing todo with the issues being reported NOTHING.

Quote:
This relates to your latest video here - I have watched your videos listed here - serato.com

It seems like the issues listed here are not actual bugs but spec changes to how CDJs are implemented in HID mode for Serato DJ.

So let me get this write, YOU are telling us Serato implemented a BUG that sets a temp cue you can't play the track, change the temp cue, play a cue, you can not scratch, or do anything and it is totally random to when this issue happens??

That's a feature WOW ok then......

Strange how NO CDJ since they were invented in the 90s has worked this way EVER!! with cd usb rkordbox or serato before 1.8.0

Quote:
Quote:

Also has been an issue since HID has been on Serato i have worked hard with Martin on this and Jason is coming upto speed. But now with 1.8.0 we have even more issues.

Quote:
I cannot reproduce this here.

Which is probably why in you own words Jamie

Quote:
First off, there is no need for comments like this, scaring people into thinking there are no HID issues is not cool and its completely false information.

Anyway back to where we was.

So you guys having issues do you all have bass vibration in your setups when using HID?

I have been gathering as much info from users with this issue and so fare i think i am on the line everyone with this issue has alot of bass vibration (so far thats been the only factor that has been the same)

in an office test i can get HID working smooth and 100% Perfect. (Which is how good it is also working for Code:E) Once i add a good heavy sound system i can reproduce all bugs reported.

I am waiting for Jason to get back to me in the PUBLIC beta area and test out some of the information i have got on this one.

Sure is great when users come together to help find these issues and fix them.

If you guys can think of anything else you do that makes the issues worse just drop a line in your support ticket and paste in this thread, Let's see if we can nail this one.

Cheers guys.
nikodb 8:26 PM - 3 November, 2015
Yeah i agree too for the most part....this post kind of lost its track with all us posting here...Sorry Steve :)...Everything mentioned here with the exempt of the sound levels (no sound coming out of cdjs on HID, so cant say much for that) and cdj temp cue behavior (developed as i understood)...Indeed sounds like 1.8 bugs over previous good working versions.

LJ_Woosley...i could not see your video...is it on Youtube or viewable anywhere for me to have a look at?

Cheers
Nik
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:44 PM - 3 November, 2015
Quote:
LJ_Woosley...i could not see your video...is it on Youtube or viewable anywhere for me to have a look at?

It was in the PUBLIC beta area, they wasn't the best videos as in a dark venue i really need to comment over the top to explain what is going on but in the video i load a track then press B button you see it some times jumps to the temp cue then it randomly starts playing the track without me holding the any buttons or pressing play then does a turntable wind down, then another i load a track and use the jog to move forwards into the song and boom it keep jumping it back to the temp cue.

the temp cue is not set by me but just randomly sets normally before the first cue point and i have load to first cue point checked in setup.

like i say try it with no music playing out of speakers and all works totally fine.

It is sure strange.

Cheers
Serato, Support
Jamie W 11:20 PM - 3 November, 2015
Hey Guys,

I will try my best to clear all of this up. I apologise if I have got off track with the actual issues you guys are experiencing, Im keen to try help you all solve them.

Quote:
Yes put you have to press play before. this is the problem. you cannot search and set a CUE point with the jog if the song does not play.

It was not the case in 1.7

This sounds strange and I recommend you report this to support so we can look into it for you. I have tried to reproduce this issue here but I am having no luck.

1. Connect CDJ in HID mode.
2. Load track to deck.
3. Press CDJ cue button to create temp cue.
4. Scroll forward using the CDJ platter.
5. While your hand is still on the platter press the CDJ cue button.

Result: New Temp Cue is created.
If you release your hand from the platter before pressing CUE the CDJ bounces the playhead back to the previous temp cue position.

Quote:
The cue's jumping around thing I cannot reproduce either. HID mode is stable for me and I will be using it from now often also.

I also cant reproduce this but it does sounds like random midi messages are getting sent, I recommend contacting our support team so they can look into this further for you.

Quote:
The previous "serato way" temp cue worked....seems more flexible...It also has been used all this time on all sorts of Serato controllers and previous HID modes on both SL and Dj...I truly believe though it was not faithfully emulating cdjs, it was an advancement over them.

I understand where you are coming from here, changing the behaviour of how something works can mess with your current workflow.

Our aim has always been to make CDJ HID mode work as close to how a CDJ works standalone. However, if you guys feel this is a bad change please start a feature request thread to change this behaviour back, we will monitor this feedback closely.

Quote:

This does sound strange, tracks should not randomly go back to the start for no reason.
I recommend you contact support so they can help you with this issue.

Thanks
Jamie
Serato, Support
Jamie W 11:31 PM - 3 November, 2015
Hey Woolsey,

Quote:
OK guys sorry Jamie from serato has thrown this thread right off,

My mistake, I apologise for that.

Quote:
So let me get this write, YOU are telling us Serato implemented a BUG that sets a temp cue you can't play the track, change the temp cue, play a cue, you can not scratch, or do anything and it is totally random to when this issue happens??

Again, I was referring to the temp cue spec change only and I overlooked the other issues you are having.

Not being able to scratch, create temp cues, play cues, basically not use the CDJ at all is totally not cool!

The weird thing is its not happening for everyone and it happens randomly.
I know you have had issues with CDJs in previous versions but to hear its got worse in 1.8.0 is a concern so I will be looking into this further.

Quote:
I have been gathering as much info from users with this issue and so fare i think i am on the line everyone with this issue has alot of bass vibration (so far thats been the only factor that has been the same)

in an office test i can get HID working smooth and 100% Perfect. (Which is how good it is also working for Code:E) Once i add a good heavy sound system i can reproduce all bugs reported.

I am waiting for Jason to get back to me in the PUBLIC beta area and test out some of the information i have got on this one.

This is good info, I will do some further testing here and get back to you.

Thanks
Jamie :)
Code:E 11:33 PM - 3 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I also cant reproduce this but it does sounds like random midi messages are getting sent, I recommend contacting our support team so they can look into this further for you.

Also try changing the ch the CDJ's are on... I have my CDJs mapped to also control parts of Mix Emergency. I had to move my CDJs to ch 5,6,7,8 for decks 1-4. That also made sure most basic midi controllers where not interfering with them.
Steve Howard 2:09 AM - 4 November, 2015
Hey Jamie,

Thanks for the replies. As I said everything is working 100% OK on 1.8 with DVS for me so I am very happy in that regard (90% of my gigs are on 1210s + rane mixer). Just a bit bummed that HID isnt fully stable but I have lodged a support ticket about the matter and will revert to 1.78 when I need to use HID for the time being.

Thanks for the help
Steve
Jtambis6 5:49 AM - 4 November, 2015
I too am experiencing the jumping around cue points.

It'll happen also happen when a song is playing.

I'm also experiencing BPM jumps.

For ie, I'll be playing a song at 132bpm and it will jump to 136bpm for no apparent reason.

And, no, I didn't touch the tempo slider by accident.

Its happened already a few times already including a live gig past Halloween.

Good thing the BPM jump was during the break down and it didn't sound that disastrous

My gear consist of DJM-900srt, DDJ-SP1 and 4 x XDJ-1000 in HID mode
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:29 AM - 4 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Also try changing the ch the CDJ's are on... I have my CDJs mapped to also control parts of Mix Emergency. I had to move my CDJs to ch 5,6,7,8 for decks 1-4. That also made sure most basic midi controllers where not interfering with them.

Code:E this is something i am going to try!

Thanks for this I hadn't even thought of this one.

Cheers
Code:E 12:31 AM - 5 November, 2015
Quote:

hummm..... Jtambis6 can you try changing you MIDI channel too?
Jtambis6 3:01 AM - 5 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Can you be more specific?
Midi Channel?
Midi Channel in the DJM 900 ASIO settings or the settings on the top of the mixer
nikodb 6:53 AM - 5 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Midi Channel?
Midi Channel in the DJM 900 ASIO settings or the settings on the top of the mixer

They are talking about the CDJ midi channel...not the mixers...google your models manual for instructions.
Jtambis6 9:39 AM - 5 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Midi Channel?

They are talking about the CDJ midi channel...not the mixers...google your models manual for instructions.

Wow! You learn something new everyday.

Just downloaded the pdf manual for my xdj-1000.

Will check up on it when I get home (still in the office)
nikodb 10:50 AM - 5 November, 2015
Just make sure that you change those values to a channel that nothing else is receiving/transmitting (mixer or other midi devices)...Identify the midi channels used by your mixer (check manual there also) and set up the xdjs on different midi channel numbers used by the mixer and against each other...example: If your mixer is working on channels 1-2-3-4...set xdjs on channels 5 and 6...and be sure to leave all other midi devices (such as your ddj-sp1) disconnected for your testing.

Though i have seen it on other combo of equipment used with Serato...Never heard of any conflicts between mixers and cdjs on HID before...However, just try it that way, in order to be 100% that nothing may be conflicting with your xdjs receiving/transmitting data on HID.

Happy Settings :)
Nik
Jtambis6 2:48 PM - 5 November, 2015
Quote:
Just make sure that you change those values to a channel that nothing else is receiving/transmitting (mixer or other midi devices)...Identify the midi channels used by your mixer (check manual there also) and set up the xdjs on different midi channel numbers used by the mixer and against each other...example: If your mixer is working on channels 1-2-3-4...set xdjs on channels 5 and 6...and be sure to leave all other midi devices (such as your ddj-sp1) disconnected for your testing.

Though i have seen it on other combo of equipment used with Serato...Never heard of any conflicts between mixers and cdjs on HID before...However, just try it that way, in order to be 100% that nothing may be conflicting with your xdjs receiving/transmitting data on HID.

Nik

I checked which channel my DJM900srt was and it was channel 1

All of my XDJs were also set to channel 1

I then moved them to channel 5, 6, 7, 8

My SP-1 was removed this whole time

I proceeded to do a practice session and the bpm jumping still occurs. but the cue point jumping did not occur (yet).

A bit of history, I decided to get 2 extra decks to practice adding loop rolls and accapellas.

Since then, I have started to use Sync (I know, I know) since DJing with 4 decks can get quite overwhelming and finding the tempo is one less thing to worry about.

Can the Sync function be responsible with my Bpm jumping?

I've only had 4 decks for the last couple of weeks and that was when the Bpm jumping started to occur.
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:57 PM - 5 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Nik

I checked which channel my DJM900srt was and it was channel 1

All of my XDJs were also set to channel 1

I then moved them to channel 5, 6, 7, 8

My SP-1 was removed this whole time

I proceeded to do a practice session and the bpm jumping still occurs. but the cue point jumping did not occur (yet).

A bit of history, I decided to get 2 extra decks to practice adding loop rolls and accapellas.

Since then, I have started to use Sync (I know, I know) since DJing with 4 decks can get quite overwhelming and finding the tempo is one less thing to worry about.

I've only had 4 decks for the last couple of weeks and that was when the Bpm jumping started to occur.

Are you using this at home? And useing a powered usb hub?

It could be who knows i guess someone using 4cdjs/xdjs in hid is very rare.
Jtambis6 2:59 PM - 5 November, 2015
Yep..... Using a powered hub
nikodb 8:28 PM - 5 November, 2015
Ok...if cue jumps stopped...there could have been some kind of midi conflict there between the xdjs...if it seems it stopped, that's a good sign....lets hope it stays that way.

Beat jumps CAN occur upon sync engaging...Try deactivating sync and give it another run two decks at a time...i am sure you can throw a third deck there on a loop or something left and right...and no shame...no way i d also be using a fourth one without sync and or quantised tracks :)

If its smooth without sync, you just need to figure out what that bloody sync is doing and get accustomed on how to use it to avoid this...:P...hopefully that's your case and you are done....

Nik
Code:E 5:24 AM - 6 November, 2015
Quote:

Im not sure. but I tried using sync a couple of times and had many issues. I found to to be more relible to look a the tracks BPM on the CDJ and just set the cdj to the same. 99.999% of the time I never even check it or need to. It's always right. i do make sure all of my transitions are BPMed to the end tracks BPM so i never have any issues there.

Quote:
If its smooth without sync, you just need to figure out what that bloody sync is doing and get accustomed on how to use it to avoid this...:P...hopefully that's your case and you are done....

Dam sync. I plan to get a DDJSZ right away and use all 4 decks, but when I borrowed one, I wasn't able to learn exactly what sync was doing all the time and it fucked me up so much I just turned it off. I also found I had to turn quantize down to the lowest level possible.
nikodb 7:04 AM - 6 November, 2015
Yeah!...also been there with sync...I ve used simple sync sometimes and i could never use it successfully for more than two tracks...Beats were indeed jumping allover the place...I could always cheat by using an un-synced third deck on top of two main synced ones :P..but I do think for Sync to work well, you need to be using smart sync with properly edited beatgrids.

I think Smart Sync overcomes this beat jump thing (which is the way simple sync works, not a bug), but i never use it...its feels very annoying to me.

Cheers
Nik
Jtambis6 9:24 AM - 6 November, 2015
Thank you for the help guys.

Mixing 2 decks without Sync has been no issues with me.

I'll definitely try to mix 4 decks without Sync later on.
Jtambis6 9:28 AM - 6 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Im not sure. but I tried using sync a couple of times and had many issues. I found to to be more relible to look a the tracks BPM on the CDJ and just set the cdj to the same. 99.999% of the time I never even check it or need to. It's always right. i do make sure all of my transitions are BPMed to the end tracks BPM so i never have any issues there.

Quote:

Dam sync. I plan to get a DDJSZ right away and use all 4 decks, but when I borrowed one, I wasn't able to learn exactly what sync was doing all the time and it fucked me up so much I just turned it off. I also found I had to turn quantize down to the lowest level possible.

I have the DDJ-SX also and mixing 4 decks with Sync works flawlessly.

But then again, the SX and the SZ is an all-in-one controller (minus a screen). Less latency and less things to get messed up
nikodb 9:38 AM - 6 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I have the DDJ-SX also and mixing 4 decks with Sync works flawlessly.

But then again, the SX and the SZ is an all-in-one controller (minus a screen). Less latency and less things to get messed up

Jtambis6 I think he is mistaking simple syncs beat jumps with a bug...simple sync actually works that way and if you press on it on an air playing track, it will jump like using regular beat jump...it sucks thats why i kind of avoid using it unless i mess up, where it wont matter no more anyways..:P

Sync on controllers works the same...its just that some people that that we never used it that much, may not realize what this thing is doing and can screw us up as such...I had my share of things like this and flashed back with his problems..really sounds like he is confusing sync beatjumps with a bug...
Jtambis6 9:39 AM - 6 November, 2015
Quote:
Yeah!...also been there with sync...I ve used simple sync sometimes and i could never use it successfully for more than two tracks...Beats were indeed jumping allover the place...I could always cheat by using an un-synced third deck on top of two main synced ones :P..but I do think for Sync to work well, you need to be using smart sync with properly edited beatgrids.

I think Smart Sync overcomes this beat jump thing (which is the way simple sync works, not a bug), but i never use it...its feels very annoying to me.

Cheers
Nik

To clarify my issue, it is Bpm jumping, not Beat jumping.

For ie, I'm playing at 132 bpm and all of a sudden it jumps to 136 bpm.

The XDJ-1000 has a Beat jumping feature and I have no issues with that function.
nikodb 9:44 AM - 6 November, 2015
kind of lost track here and confused things..my bad...

So far we agree, no sync no probs then after changing the midi channells on 2-3 deck mixing>
nikodb 9:45 AM - 6 November, 2015
?
Jtambis6 9:52 AM - 6 November, 2015
Actually, Sync with 2 channels works with no issues. I tried 2 channel Sync a few times and works flawlessly

The Bpm jumping only started when I got my 3rd and 4th deck, and since I'm still an infant at 4 deck mixing, I've been practicing 4 deck mixing with Sync on.

I will try 4 deck mixing without Sync on later tonight.

Wish me luck.
nikodb 10:00 AM - 6 November, 2015
Try syncing 4 quantised tracks of the same bpms and see what happens there...I am not the best guy to talk a lot about syncing though....i barely use simple sync and that sometimes only...

If you have no problems without sync, then its a syncing related thing most likely on how you handling the function (that said without being 100% certain there also aint no bug also there)

Best somebody else jumps for help if its a syncing thing,,,cause all i ever used was simple sync at its purest form of bpm matching and no more than 2 decks...(3 decks i did some mixing but no sync there, cause i had those lousy beat jumps kicking messing me up)

Good Luck :)
Nik
Code:E 8:38 PM - 6 November, 2015
Quote:
To clarify my issue, it is Bpm jumping, not Beat jumping.

For ie, I'm playing at 132 bpm and all of a sudden it jumps to 136 bpm.

Hummm.... interesting.

I wonder if the old platter issue it back HID mode had when HID 1st come out for SSL.
Code:E 7:48 AM - 7 November, 2015
So I reproduced it the cue jumping bug..... Sorry guys I should have agreed from square one.

Serato Mods I know why you might not have reproduced it.

Tracks have to be stop when hitting hot cues.
Hot cues should also be out of chronological order.
Have sort cues chronologically turned off.

Work around, start track playing before hitting hotcues.

I haven't got it once with the track playing, but it's very repeatable with stopped tracks.
nikodb 8:34 AM - 7 November, 2015
Quote:
So I reproduced it the cue jumping bug..... Sorry guys I should have agreed from square one.

I haven't got it once with the track playing, but it's very repeatable with stopped tracks.

Hey man...nothing to apologize really...

I cant seem to reproduce this...have my SL4 hooked up with a Reloop Neon, rearranged hot cues and have chronological order off...works fine on me

Did i try everything right or am i missing something? Did you have a native cdj hooked up on your tests maybe?

Cheers
Nik
Code:E 9:54 AM - 7 November, 2015
You MUST have CDJs hooked up and use the hot cues on the CDJ's. I'm playing with a DDJsp1 tonight also and it's not doing it at all. Only the CDJ's.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:28 PM - 7 November, 2015
Quote:
You MUST have CDJs hooked up and use the hot cues on the CDJ's. I'm playing with a DDJsp1 tonight also and it's not doing it at all. Only the CDJ's.

Nope for me happened on SP1 as there are no hot cues on 900nexus,

I will be trying the midi channel thing tonight tho Code:E

Hopefully we can all start getting somewhere on how to solidly reproduce all these issues.

Cheers guys
Code:E 5:25 PM - 7 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Nope for me happened on SP1 as there are no hot cues on 900nexus,

I will be trying the midi channel thing tonight tho Code:E

Hopefully we can all start getting somewhere on how to solidly reproduce all these issues.

Cheers guys

After playing the rest of the night. I think I got something else to try.

Have a track where hotcue #2 is at the start (*1st beat not the very beginning of audio) hot cue #3 32 bars in (for example). have the track stopped, tap and hold hotcue #3, 1/4 of the time it was jumping back to cue #2.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:33 PM - 8 November, 2015
Hey Guys,

I am going to look into this Cue jumping bug today, Code:E can you clarify this a little more for me please...

Quote:

I have everything setup the same as you, but can you list the steps taken to reproduce the bug.

Pre Conditions
1. Hid Mode connected (1 or 2 cdjs)
2. Any other controllers connected?
3. Quantize on?
4. Sync enabled?
etc.

Steps To Reproduce

Result

Expected Result

Thanks,
Jamie
Code:E 9:55 PM - 8 November, 2015
Quote:
I am going to look into this Cue jumping bug today, Code:E can you clarify this a little more for me please...

Always

Serato 1.8 (1807382)

1. 2 CDJ's or more in HID mode
2. I had a MPD32 (mapped to auto loops) or a DDJsp1 both seemed to not affect the issue. I am 100% sure there is no MIDI conflicts
3. CDJ's on MIDI channels 5,6 (too ensure no conflicts)
4.screen shot link attached to how my setup page looks. (scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net)
5. no sync used ever
6. Setup hotcue like this (scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net)
7. set temp cue at start of song (not sure if this will affect anything), might want to skip this step and try it with this step used.
9. with track stopped bang on hot cue B

Result quite often 1/5 (ish) the time you hit cue B, the track will jump to hotcue C

Apparently if you use the cues on the DDJsp1 you will get the sma eresult I can't confirm.
Also to note if track is not stopped, and is already playing you will NEVER get the bug. only happens when track is stopped.
Code:E 9:56 PM - 8 November, 2015
I am 100% sure I'm not accidently hitting C I spent several years training muscle memory to not hit it because I use to have that issue all the time.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 1:08 AM - 9 November, 2015
Hey Code:E

Thanks for the detailed info. I have been trying to reproduce this here but am having no luck.
If you roll back to Serato DJ 1.7.8 can you reproduce this?

What I want to figure out is, has then been introduced in 1.8 or has this just become more frequent in 1.8

Jamie
Code:E 5:32 AM - 9 November, 2015
Also I'm on CDJ2000's Firmware 4,20
kbscholar 8:16 PM - 9 November, 2015
Code:E, your current CDJ firmware (4.20) is probably okay, but you should upgrade the firmware to 4.33.

Also, I noticed that you set your cues in SDJ to slots #2 & #3. Could that be a reason that SDJ isn't communicating correctly with the hot cues B & C on the CDJs?

As for me running HID mode (w/ 2000's non-nexus), I have experienced zero issues with SDJ 1.8. I always used SSL 2.5 before I made the switch to 1.8 Beta. I did experience the HID vibration with SSL 2.5, but only if the CDJ's were not properly protected with foam, etc. There was one instance last month, were I watched the CDJ's walk literally halfway off the table in the booth. During my gig that night, the beats b/w the two tracks would be matched, but the waveforms on SSL would be way off. Luckily, I spent 15 years DJing and beatmatching by ear, so I never really pay attention to computer screen, except for seeing time remaining and selecting the next track.

Since I finally switched to SDJ 1.8, I have not had any issues with running both HID as well as DVS (vinyl). I was really hesitant to switch from SSL to SDJ, but I am glad I finally did.

I love HID mode, and I would love to try to help out with testing an any way. I would love to try to reproduce any bugs that you have experienced. Send them my way.
Code:E 10:49 PM - 9 November, 2015
Quote:
Code:E, your current CDJ firmware (4.20) is probably okay, but you should upgrade the firmware to 4.33.

You are right. But that firmware only is for Kuvo support. But it wouldnt hurt to update just in case.

Quote:
Also, I noticed that you set your cues in SDJ to slots #2 & #3. Could that be a reason that SDJ isn't communicating correctly with the hot cues B & C on the CDJs?

Why? that makes no sense. It's never been an issue in any version of SSL or any prevous version of SDJ. Whats your reasoning for thinking that? I can't see any reason on why it would matter.

Also i didnt set my cues to any perticualr slot. Serato did that automatically. Thats how its always worked.

Quote:
I love HID mode, and I would love to try to help out with testing an any way. I would love to try to reproduce any bugs that you have experienced. Send them my way.

Follow my steps and see if you can reproduce it.
Code:E 11:15 PM - 9 November, 2015
Also I'm haviong one issue with all Versions of SDJ in HID, The scrolll knob on the CDJ's are much more jumpy. Its nearly impossible to get to the track I'm trying to hit. I hate touching the computer and I have to from almost every track now. Anyone else having this issue?
kbscholar 11:28 PM - 9 November, 2015
Quote:
Also I'm haviong one issue with all Versions of SDJ in HID, The scrolll knob on the CDJ's are much more jumpy. Its nearly impossible to get to the track I'm trying to hit. I hate touching the computer and I have to from almost every track now. Anyone else having this issue?

I have not ever had that issue. I will try to mess with it tonight/tomorrow, and get back to you on my results.
WarpNote 1:15 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
The scrolll knob on the CDJ's are much more jumpy.

Actually the scroll knob for tracks is more jumpy in SDJ than SSL in general. Not unusable IMO, but way more jumpy for sure.
WarpNote 1:18 AM - 10 November, 2015
Just to clarify, the jumpiness also applies to midi controllers. Both official ones and manually mapped.
Code:E 1:36 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
The scrolll knob on the CDJ's are much more jumpy.

Actually the scroll knob for tracks is more jumpy in SDJ than SSL in general. Not unusable IMO, but way more jumpy for sure.

I found they where usable until 1.8, but it could also be the CDJs i'm using.

Quote:
Just to clarify, the jumpiness also applies to midi controllers. Both official ones and manually mapped.

Really thats intresting. So serato really needs to fix this.
WarpNote 2:25 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
Really thats intresting. So serato really needs to fix this.

It's fairly easy to see really, even scrolling using the arrow keys on the computer, is smoother in SSL than SDJ. Maybe not that big difference, but definitively a perceived difference in feel and smoothness. You'll probably only will see this if your keyboard OSX prefs are set to the fastest "key repeat" possible and the shortest "delay until repeat"...

Not sure how many users really notice these things, for me though, it adds up to a less fluent and smooth GUI experience using SDJ compared to SSL. I still prefer SDJ these days though, thanks to all the new features (8 cues, beatgrid, pnt, flip, new fx). Maybe one day will see some improvement... And to be fair, Rekordbox is just terrible in this department... ;-)
Jtambis6 3:32 AM - 10 November, 2015
The past few nights have been perfect for me.

No Cue jumping and no Bpm jumping.

The only difference from the last few nights compared to last week was that I disconnected my external HDD and moved it to another laptop.

I have no songs linked to Serato from the HDD.

Was it coincidence or was there really something in the external HDD that was messing up Serato?
DJ James Holland 6:40 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:

1. Connect CDJ in HID mode.
2. Load track to deck.
3. Press CDJ cue button to create temp cue.
4. Scroll forward using the CDJ platter.
5. While your hand is still on the platter press the CDJ cue button.

Result: New Temp Cue is created.
If you release your hand from the platter before pressing CUE the CDJ bounces the playhead back to the previous temp cue position.

I want to cue (the cdj cue button) a hot cue, I can now no longer do this because as soon as I press the hot cue, it dives straight back to the 'temp cue'. It's ridiculous! Terrible move, I don't recall rekorbox acting this way either.
nikodb 7:10 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
The past few nights have been perfect for me.

No Cue jumping and no Bpm jumping.

The only difference from the last few nights compared to last week was that I disconnected my external HDD and moved it to another laptop.

I have no songs linked to Serato from the HDD.

Was it coincidence or was there really something in the external HDD that was messing up Serato?

Really seems like a coincidence...but happy you sorted things out...Its always way better to keep all music inside the laptop.

Cheers
Nik
Jtambis6 8:47 AM - 10 November, 2015
All my songs for Serato are kept in its own Serato directory with its own folder.

I don't even link songs from iTunes.

But I do keep my latest entire Music library under one SSD (1TB Samsung Evo 850) and I use iTunes to organize it

Any music I want to use or even plan to use, I transfer it to a Serato music folder.

I then create a crate for the situation, ie, warm up, bangers, climax, chill out, electro, progressive, deep house, etc...

So ya.......

I've been mixing 4 decks with Sync on (Booooo!!!) and everything is working great.

Thank you to everyone who has helped out.

Now..... I need to figure out how to record using 4 channels with Serato
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:15 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
Hey Code:E

Thanks for the detailed info. I have been trying to reproduce this here but am having no luck.
If you roll back to Serato DJ 1.7.8 can you reproduce this?

What I want to figure out is, has then been introduced in 1.8 or has this just become more frequent in 1.8

Jamie

No issues with the cues in versions before 1.8.0

However track skips, jumping, moving away from set cue are in every version.

Also i tried the changing of midi channel and that made no difference at all.

Cheers
nikodb 9:24 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:

I assume you are using an SL4 for the XDJs...Just link the Rec out or booth from your mixer to the SL4s Aux Input...then choose the AUX In for Rec in the Serato GUI on the Recording Tab

Cheers
Nik
Jtambis6 9:31 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I assume you are using an SL4 for the XDJs...Just link the Rec out or booth from your mixer to the SL4s Aux Input...then choose the AUX In for Rec in the Serato GUI on the Recording Tab

Cheers
Nik

HiD mode....

No SL4

When using Serato for recording, Serato will dedicate one channel out going just for recording.

I lose one channel.
nikodb 9:40 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers
Nik

HiD mode....

No SL4

When using Serato for recording, Serato will dedicate one channel out going just for recording.

I lose one channel.

Whats you mixer then....seems like its lacking an aux chanmel for recording....if you are a channel less, your only option is to record from mixers rec or booth linked directly to your laptops input and record with a ird party app...like audacity or any other to your liking.
Jtambis6 9:49 AM - 10 November, 2015
DJM-900srt

I've already tried using Audacity, and no luck

DJM-900srt Record out to my laptop Mic In.

Audacity will register DJM-900srt as a Line in, but I get no signal at all.
Jtambis6 9:50 AM - 10 November, 2015
I must be missing a step or two
nikodb 10:04 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
I must be missing a step or two

You have to set your laptops jack to be receiving...its on output by default...did you do that?
nikodb 10:05 AM - 10 November, 2015
Aw sorry...are you using a Windows laptop with a mic in?....I was thinking a 13inch Mac with one jack port only...
WarpNote 10:51 AM - 10 November, 2015
@Jtambis6, when using the SRT for recording internally in SDJ you need to sacrifice one channel for recording. In the DJM-900SRT Setting Utility, select the mixer output tab, then pick what channel to sacrifice for recording, select MIX(REC OUT)
When you press the record button in SDJ (MIX) it will record using this audio bus, as the 900 SRT dont have more digital audio busses available, unlike the Rane 62 etc.

I know its not the answer you wanted, but it's how the DJM 900 & 850 series work.

If you NEED to have all 4 channels in your mix then you will need to connect a pair of rca's to the rec out on the back of the mixer, and record some standalone unit. Older macs have record in, but the later ones does not, so that might lead you to get som sort of recording unit...
nikodb 11:07 AM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
If you NEED to have all 4 channels in your mix then you will need to connect a pair of rca's to the rec out on the back of the mixer, and record some standalone unit. Older macs have record in, but the later ones does not, so that might lead you to get som sort of recording unit...

In case he is using a mac....all mac models can have that port configured for input sound and act as a recording interface

If not a mac he is using, i am sure its got something to do with the default input rec device not being configured properly and he is receiving no signal....

In either case, though a nice addon...an external recording device is not an absolute necessity....you only need a pair of RCA to mini jack cable for the connection of the mixers Rec or booth, to a laptop..
Jtambis6 12:03 PM - 10 November, 2015
My laptop is a Windoze 10 Lenovo Y50 (2014)

I believe my problem lies in the Mic In.

My laptop only has a Mic In only and doesn't have a Line In.

Most laptops can switch between Mic In and Line In. Somehow my laptop doesn't have that feature.

My options is to get a USB Audio interface such as the Focusrite Scarlett or get an external Digital Recorder such as the Tascam DR-05 or the Zoom H4N
nikodb 2:40 PM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
My options is to get a USB Audio interface such as the Focusrite Scarlett or get an external Digital Recorder such as the Tascam DR-05 or the Zoom H4N

In case you haven't tried this yet...Go to the little speaker on your task bar and right click to go to recording devices. There you should able to see available rec devices

Try making your mic in as the default recording device (while using the RCA to mini jack cable) and also do not forget to select the Mic In on Audacitys rec preferences...One more choice should be set your djm as default rec device on windows same way as before and then also select it on audacity settings for cable-less recordings of better quality.

Did you try all that? I d be very surprised if you cant at least use that mic input, to record.

Cheers
Nik
WarpNote 7:02 PM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
In case he is using a mac....all mac models can have that port configured for input sound and act as a recording interface

Only the old ones Nik, the Retina models does NOT have recording option for the headphone port, only output...

Reading about your computer specs, I'm guessing your cheapest solution might be something like this. -> www.juno.co.uk
Jtambis6 3:05 AM - 11 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Only the old ones Nik, the Retina models does NOT have recording option for the headphone port, only output...

Reading about your computer specs, I'm guessing your cheapest solution might be something like this. -> www.juno.co.uk

That is an awesome solution.

I doubt it I can get it in my country (Indonesia).
nikodb 6:20 AM - 11 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Ops!.....sorry...did never think they d change that anywhere, especially on the Retinas...my bad :)
nikodb 7:26 AM - 11 November, 2015
Quote:

Quote:

Guys, This Lenovo laptop has an Audio Combo Jack (headphone and mic)....I have tested and recorded to my PC like that on similar mic in ports more than once...Fact is that I can record with Audacity by feeding my PCs microphone input with an RCA to mini-jack cable, fed directly from my mixers Rec....Only things i need to ensure, is that: 1 the proper default recording device is selected on WIndows and 2: Audacity rec settings menu reflect to recording from that default device.

You can also try to select DJM as default device on windows and then to Audacity rec settings for similar cable-less recording directly from the Djm Master output....but i don't have similar hardware like yours to test and have nothing solid to say about it....Anyhow i am just making a simple statement here, that recording 4 channels from your mixer with Audacity works with no ext devices necessary...The rest as of what to buy or not, is really your choice, i d dig a little cool gadget my self too :)

Cheers
Nik
Jtambis6 8:31 AM - 11 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Guys, This Lenovo laptop has an Audio Combo Jack (headphone and mic)....I have tested and recorded to my PC like that on similar mic in ports more than once...Fact is that I can record with Audacity by feeding my PCs microphone input with an RCA to mini-jack cable, fed directly from my mixers Rec....Only things i need to ensure, is that: 1 the proper default recording device is selected on WIndows and 2: Audacity rec settings menu reflect to recording from that default device.

You can also try to select DJM as default device on windows and then to Audacity rec settings for similar cable-less recording directly from the Djm Master output....but i don't have similar hardware like yours to test and have nothing solid to say about it....Anyhow i am just making a simple statement here, that recording 4 channels from your mixer with Audacity works with no ext devices necessary...The rest as of what to buy or not, is really your choice, i d dig a little cool gadget my self too :)

Cheers
Nik

My laptop has a headphone out and I did try to put in the RCA to 3.5mm jack into it.

No Dice!

I've done everything that is required for Audacity to register my DJM-900srt.

Audacity has the DJM-900srt as a Line In, but there is no signal whatsoever.

I researched high and low and concluded that my Mic In is not a combo Mic/Line In.

I would love to record 4 channel mixing, but if not, i can always wait for an external solution
nikodb 8:44 AM - 11 November, 2015
Quote:
My laptop has a headphone out and I did try to put in the RCA to 3.5mm jack into it.

No Dice!

I've done everything that is required for Audacity to register my DJM-900srt.

Audacity has the DJM-900srt as a Line In, but there is no signal whatsoever.

I researched high and low and concluded that my Mic In is not a combo Mic/Line In.

I would love to record 4 channel mixing, but if not, i can always wait for an external solution

That could be the case if the Lenovo web has the wrong info regarding your audio ports, or perhaps i am looking at a different model (shop.lenovo.com)...other wise IF the info above is correct, there is something wrong with the combo-config you tried...
nikodb 9:02 AM - 11 November, 2015
P.S

After being sure that MIcrophone is selected as rec default device on windows...you should not be having the DJM as Line in on Audacity...but your microphone should be selected there on Audacity settings, plus you will see no signal anywhere, unless you hit the record on audacity.

You must be doing something wrong cause this thing its a fact that it should work on combo ports on any windows machine...but i wont insist anymore, its your call mate.

Cheers Bye Bye
Nik
Jtambis6 9:11 AM - 11 November, 2015
As mentioned earlier, I must be missing a step or two.

Everytime I press record in Audacity, it tells me to match sample rate or something like that, which I did.

I still get the same error no matter which sample rate I select (44.1k, 44.8k, 98.6k, etc.....)

There was actually I few times I did record successfully from the DJM-900srt but the sound was sooo muffled like Audacity actually recorded from the Laptop's Mic.

I've searched everywhere in the Audio section to switch my Mic to a Line In. Nowhere to be found.

I'm at wits end here.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
WarpNote 6:44 PM - 12 November, 2015
Quote:

I wouldn't know honestly, If there is a Reloop distributor in Indonesia, you might get lucky...
-> www.reloop.com
Jtambis6 4:47 AM - 16 November, 2015
Guys, thanx for all the help.

I decided to get the Behringer UCA222.

It should be arriving tonight at my house.
Code:E 5:06 AM - 20 November, 2015
So I'm going to upload 2 videos right now showing the 2 bugs I have.
Code:E 5:13 AM - 20 November, 2015
Cue jumping Watchwww.youtube.com
Code:E 5:15 AM - 20 November, 2015
Scrolling issue Watchwww.youtube.com
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:35 AM - 20 November, 2015
Nice one Code:E good video.
kbscholar 4:35 PM - 20 November, 2015
Quote:
Scrolling issue Watchwww.youtube.com

Most likely, you are getting the cue jumping due to playin Bieber & Kaskade tracks.

In all seriousness, I use DVS with 2 decks and HID with 2 CDJ 2000's (non-nexus), and I do not get those bugs, nor can I reproduce them.

What firmware is installed on your CDJs?
Code:E 4:46 PM - 20 November, 2015
Newest firmware. When you are hitting the cue buttons do you have the track playing already? because it will never happen if the tracks already playing. The deck must be stopped, and have no temp cue set.

These are very real problems, that others are having. Yet I have not been able to lock down the common denominator between people having it and people who dont have it.

Nexus and non nexus doesn't seem to be the issue. Everyone I have heard from is on firmware 4.2 (for non nexus) and above, Anything above 4.2 is just for the Kuvo link. It's definitely not MIDI conflicts coming from a different device.

This does happen on every track. I should have shown me using a few other tracks too. It's jumping back to the start of the track and playing on it's own. Makes it impossible todo some cue tone play. Which I did use from time to time.
kbscholar 5:47 PM - 20 November, 2015
Quote:
Newest firmware. When you are hitting the cue buttons do you have the track playing already? because it will never happen if the tracks already playing. The deck must be stopped, and have no temp cue set.

These are very real problems, that others are having. Yet I have not been able to lock down the common denominator between people having it and people who dont have it.

Nexus and non nexus doesn't seem to be the issue. Everyone I have heard from is on firmware 4.2 (for non nexus) and above, Anything above 4.2 is just for the Kuvo link. It's definitely not MIDI conflicts coming from a different device.

This does happen on every track. I should have shown me using a few other tracks too. It's jumping back to the start of the track and playing on it's own. Makes it impossible todo some cue tone play. Which I did use from time to time.

I know that in SDJ 1.8, they made the CDJ's in HID mode act like CDJ's with USB/CD. Is that what you are experiencing?
Code:E 5:54 PM - 20 November, 2015
kbscholar Please re this whole thread. No that's not it at all. We know that they changed the way CDJ's work, which is great, but this is not that. Watch the video.
kbscholar 8:45 PM - 20 November, 2015
Quote:
kbscholar Please re this whole thread. No that's not it at all. We know that they changed the way CDJ's work, which is great, but this is not that. Watch the video.

Yep, I watched both of your videos, and I see the bugs you are experiencing. I just cannot replicate the bugs on my end.

Since you are on a Mac, I am not sure how the USB interaction works on your CPU. I know that after I optimized my Windows computer, SDJ runs flawlessly on my machine. In Windows, you can optimize your power plan and adjust the USB settings, so that they always stay active. That might be your issue.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:57 PM - 20 November, 2015
^ not at all else why would they work fine in every version below 1.8.0 and everyother software.
Code:E 3:57 AM - 21 November, 2015
Quote:
^ not at all else why would they work fine in every version below 1.8.0 and everyother software.

Every single version. And it's never done anything like this before.
kbscholar 3:58 AM - 21 November, 2015
Maybe your Wi-Fi is on.lol.idk, I fine have that issue
Code:E 4:06 AM - 21 November, 2015
WIFI is always on. Use it all night for Wireless MIDI. But that's not the issues either.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 2:02 AM - 24 November, 2015
Hey Code:E,

Thanks for the videos.

Both these issues are gnarly! and I agree they should not be happening.
Its super strange you are getting them in SDJ 1.8.0 and not in SDJ 1.7.8?

I have been trying to reproduce both here on all CDJ models but am having no luck.

Even though I cant reproduce either of them, the videos prove its happening on a regular basis for you (and others) so I have logged both issues for our developers to look into.

When we have further information I will report back.

Thanks
Jamie
Code:E 3:23 AM - 24 November, 2015
Quote:

The cue jumping is 100% new to 1.8/0 issue. The scrolling issue started with SDJ in general, but got significantly worse in 1.8.0 The knob was usable in 1.7.x and before. But 1.8 has made them unusable. I really want to drive this point home.... SSL doesn't have this issue. If I booted up SSL I wouldn't have any problems. And SSL is still quicker to connect to the CDJ's.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 3:24 AM - 24 November, 2015
Thanks Code:E,

I heard you loud and clear ;)
Have added this to the bug report.

Jamie.
Jtambis6 3:30 AM - 24 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

The cue jumping is 100% new to 1.8/0 issue. The scrolling issue started with SDJ in general, but got significantly worse in 1.8.0 The knob was usable in 1.7.x and before. But 1.8 has made them unusable. I really want to drive this point home.... SSL doesn't have this issue. If I booted up SSL I wouldn't have any problems. And SSL is still quicker to connect to the CDJ's.

SSL was dedicated to Turntablist.

Serato DJ has so many features and options, the software has bloated into a huge mess.

The bigger the software, the more bugs and errors you will encounter.
Code:E 3:51 AM - 24 November, 2015
Quote:

Jamie.

Thank you!

I wish I could lock down the issue a little tighter. If I figure anything else out I will let you know.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 3:51 AM - 24 November, 2015
Thanks man :)
nikodb 10:57 AM - 24 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Jamie.

Thank you!

I wish I could lock down the issue a little tighter. If I figure anything else out I will let you know.

I used to have a vci 380 that behaved exactly the same...Problem elevated only after upgrading to SDJ from Itch, giving me a very hard time to figure out what was happening and making me think its software....I also remember a mod here helped me to test it on midi monitor and that encoder seemed to be sending extra or erratic messages or something similar (been a long time now, do not remember exactly) causing that misbehavior.

Not knowing any better back then, i sprayed the heck out that encoder with WD40 and was lucky enough that it did seem to take care of it...Maybe it worth's a shot, if you know how to properly do it with a proper cleaner/lubricant, unlike me :)..Its a fairly simple job..
nikodb 10:58 AM - 24 November, 2015
Talking only in regards to the library scroll encoders

Cheers
Nik
Giseppe 2:20 PM - 1 December, 2015
I'm having the cue jumping problem too since SDJ 1.8. Not with the previous versions...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 2:49 AM - 2 December, 2015
Hey guys,

We have a build with the cue jumping issue addressed in it that will be rolling out to a public beta shortly - I will pass on a link once it is live! Unfortunately no fix for the library scroll issue as of yet.

Cheers!

Jas.
Jtambis6 3:22 AM - 2 December, 2015
Woohoo.... Thank you Jason
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 4:00 AM - 2 December, 2015
No problem guys, I am putting it live shortly so will share a link with you as soon as I can!
Code:E 5:26 AM - 2 December, 2015
Quote:
Hey guys,

We have a build with the cue jumping issue addressed in it that will be rolling out to a public beta shortly - I will pass on a link once it is live! Unfortunately no fix for the library scroll issue as of yet.

Cheers!

Jas.

Thank you.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 6:32 AM - 2 December, 2015
No problem guys, we really appreciate you guys sticking with us and providing the details to track this down!

The area is live now so please make your way there if you wish; serato.com

Please bear in mind that this is a beta build and should be treated as such, read all of the areas pinned posts and release notes carefully to ensure you do what is best for your specific hardware setup (especially the case if you are using El Capitan!)
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:55 AM - 2 December, 2015
Very good news.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 7:08 AM - 2 December, 2015
I don't have any news on the library scroll issue as of yet guys but if I do get any extra info or we need further help from you guys I will reach out!
WarpNote 10:20 AM - 2 December, 2015
Been a while since I ran HID. But ran it this weekend. First gig with cdj-2000nxs & djm-900nxs club kit, second with cdj-850 & djm-s9. SDJ 1.8.0 at both. Only one issue for me this time. Album art was gone on the cdj-2000nxs. Lib scroll seemed fine, do did cues. Will report back if any other issues pop up. I don't own HID players, so won't be able to beta-test (dont like running beta at most gigs). Come'on Pioneer, send a cdj2000 pair my way for testing, lol ;)
Jmoney$ 3:07 PM - 2 December, 2015
Quote:
I don't have any news on the library scroll issue as of yet guys but if I do get any extra info or we need further help from you guys I will reach out!

I have a issue with 1.8 with XDJ-1000,s if i enable wide pitch option. The artifacts will stay matched but the Wave forms will pass each other like cars on the highway. Aprox 3 or 4 bars will pass each other in 10 seconds
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 11:29 PM - 2 December, 2015
Hey jmoney$,

Thats no good mate, your best bet would be to open up a help request with our support team to work through the issue, you can start one here; support.serato.com

Thanks!

J
Jtambis6 3:18 AM - 3 December, 2015
Guys,

You fixed the cue jumping in the public beta but the audio artifacts using Pitch N Time has surfaced.

I have the Pitch N Time expansion along with Flip

I didn't get the audio artifacts in1.8, but in 1.8.18615 every time I cue a song and press play, the red warning of the Usb dropout lights up and crackling and stuttering occurs.

This only happens when PnT is enabled for that song.

I have a gig this weekend and thankfully, I was able to revert back to 1.8
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 3:20 AM - 3 December, 2015
Hi Jtambis6,

Please read the release notes for the known issues in each beta build;

• With Pitch N' Time engaged performing a cue point can cause audio artefacts, we are aware of the issue and have a fix so this will be addressed in the next build.

Also bear in mind this is a beta, we explicitly tell you to back up all of your files and data and show how to run concurrent versions of Serato DJ and not to use it live, you would be doing so at your own risk.
Jtambis6 3:26 AM - 3 December, 2015
Quote:
Hi Jtambis6,

Please read the release notes for the known issues in each beta build;

• With Pitch N' Time engaged performing a cue point can cause audio artefacts, we are aware of the issue and have a fix so this will be addressed in the next build.

Also bear in mind this is a beta, we explicitly tell you to back up all of your files and data and show how to run concurrent versions of Serato DJ and not to use it live, you would be doing so at your own risk.

Understandable, but PnT was working perfectly in 1.8.

You fixed the cue jumping, but somehow the audio artifact using PnT surfaced in the latest build.

I prefer to deal with Cue jumpings rather than dealing with stuttering while using PnT, because the jumping seldom happens.

The stuttering always happens when PnT is enabled.

Did the audio artifacts start happening in the latest build or was there reports of it from previous builds.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 3:31 AM - 3 December, 2015
It is new to 1.8.1, we have a fix already and this will be in for the next beta build man, hold tight.
Jtambis6 3:37 AM - 3 December, 2015
Thank you, Jason.

Sorry if I came across a little hard.

I started to panic when I heard stuttering all over the place.

I thought my old demons had come back to haunt me again.

And two days before a big event.

I was glad I was able to revert back to 1.8.

I will stick to 1.8 until another stable build is release.
WarpNote 4:07 AM - 3 December, 2015
@Jtambis6
When running a beta, you need to learn how to have multiple versions installed. Its easy, basically once you've installed SDJ, you add version number to the application name. So for the main current version you would call it "Serato DJ 1.8.0", and the beta would be called "Serato DJ 1.8.1.XXXX" where the xxxx would be the build number. This way you don't have "roll back" as you already have the older version installed. Basic knowledge for anyone running public beta. Happy testing!
Jtambis6 4:13 AM - 3 December, 2015
Quote:
@Jtambis6
When running a beta, you need to learn how to have multiple versions installed. Its easy, basically once you've installed SDJ, you add version number to the application name. So for the main current version you would call it "Serato DJ 1.8.0", and the beta would be called "Serato DJ 1.8.1.XXXX" where the xxxx would be the build number. This way you don't have "roll back" as you already have the older version installed. Basic knowledge for anyone running public beta. Happy testing!

Thank you WarpNote.

You learn something new everyday.

How do you change application name? Do you just right click on the Program name and rename it.

Or is there another way to do it?
Jtambis6 4:14 AM - 3 December, 2015
Btw, I'm using a PC, not a Mac
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 4:20 AM - 3 December, 2015
Pro tip - always read all the pinned threads :)

No problem either bro, we are all passionate about it so no offence taken :)

Take a moment to read all of the pinned threads in the area man, theres some beta testing pro-tips in here and it means you can use both 1.8.1 for testing and 1.8 for your gigs!

>>>> serato.com
WarpNote 7:30 AM - 3 December, 2015
Been a while since I was on windows, seem to remember it was either right click or the F2 key.
WarpNote 7:34 AM - 3 December, 2015
BTW, remember to rename the actual program file not the shortcut on the desktop. Delete the shortcut and create a new one from program file with the correct name, to avoid confusion.
Jtambis6 9:58 AM - 3 December, 2015
Thanx WarpNote.

I already read all the bullet points including how to make multiple versions of Serato from Jason S