Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Some ideas...

Syntax Error 6:00 PM - 6 July, 2004
Pitch Lock / Master tempo

The ability to lock the pitch would be a great feature to have, or even better... the ability to alter the pitch like those Gemini turntables... (PDT-6000 or something)

VST Effects

This would bring this thing to a whole new level... Makes even the most basic setup capable of much more.

Looping / Sampler Function

Again another biggie. With these added features... this system becomes more and more of a cost saver.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 9:12 PM - 6 July, 2004
Master tempo: scratchlive.net
Plug-ins: scratchlive.net
Looping: scratchlive.net

As for a sampling function, what do you propose should be sampled?
Syntax Error 10:47 AM - 8 July, 2004
Sorry 'bout that... did not see the other pages... <embarrased>

Howabout the ability to use Winamp Visualizations... that would be kind of cool...

Systems that support dual monitors or have a video out could then hook up to some sort of projector and then we'd have tripped out video to go along with our sets...

great for small parties and raves and stuff...
nik39 2:04 PM - 8 July, 2004
Can we have a built in toaster? Cool for parties, I dont have to make the snacks and food by myself :-P j/k. Guys, honestly, this is a DJ-Vinyl app.
cashless clay 2:24 PM - 8 July, 2004
This is exactly what I was talking about in a different thread. These kind of features are not only almost useless, but they will affect the performance of the system.

If you want to have visualizations to go along with your digital djing, go get Ms. Pinky.

www.mspinky.com

If you want an digital app that will have VST connectivity, go get DjDecks.

www.djdecks.be

I think that the rest of us that are serious about djing and want something that's solely made for djing aren't interested and are seriously opposed to this kind of bloatware thinking.

Just my opinion...
BadCompany 2:58 PM - 8 July, 2004
if you want to use the tipppy winamp thing just run your mixer out into another computer and then play url from winamp and type 'linein://' then what your play on your tables will show up in the winamp thing
nik39 3:01 PM - 8 July, 2004
Quote:
This is exactly what I was talking about in a different thread. These kind of features are not only almost useless, but they will affect the performance of the system.

Though, I dont agree to one of your previous statement that most suggestion are that kind. I think there are many that are still good and should be considered implemented to SSL, well at least consider those that I suggested :-P cashless clay, if you want go through my suggestion and drop a note if you think they should be considered or not, curious to discuss with you.