DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

HOW TO make your own battery powered uplight for $55

Joee 3:18 PM - 21 August, 2015
if you can solder you can make wireless battery powered uplights for $55

here is what you need

www.ebay.com

www.ebay.com

www.ebay.com

simply replace the power cord with -DC Female Head Connector DC Jack- & your done you can now use the battery pack to power the light

hers some pics

s1285.photobucket.com

s1285.photobucket.com

s1285.photobucket.com

s1285.photobucket.com

the absolute cheapest wireless battery powered uplight you can own ,now you have the freedom to put uplighting wherever you like without spending $200 per light

light has a ten hour battery life with only one hour charging time….. they also have a cheaper 6 hour 6800maH battery that will cost $10 less making the total for one battery powers light $45 ,try it & let me know who it works for you!
DJFree 3:26 PM - 21 August, 2015
Wireless DMX? Wireless DMX is huge....a lot of possibilities with it.
DJFree 3:26 PM - 21 August, 2015
This is slick though.
Joee 3:28 PM - 21 August, 2015
not dmx….you would have to add one of those xlr dmx sticks & mod the light further to power the dmx receiver
Joee 3:29 PM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:
This is slick though.

thanks……for the price $45 to $55 for a battery powered uplight you can't beat it
 6 4:20 PM - 21 August, 2015
This is awesome and super easy to do. Thanks!

nm
 6 4:21 PM - 21 August, 2015
Now even Mr. I get paid to post doesn't have to wait for his income tax return to do this.

:P

hahaha

nm
 6 4:26 PM - 21 August, 2015
Btw, you said solder but I don't think you even need to know how to do that with these adapters. nm
 6 5:57 PM - 21 August, 2015
alright.... got me 10 of these... damn these people that sell the lights are no joke. They shipped my items within 30 minutes - tracking number and everything.
Joee 6:38 PM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:
This is awesome and super easy to do. Thanks!

nm

dale

Quote:
Now even Mr. I get paid to post doesn't have to wait for his income tax return to do this.

:P

hahaha

nm

haha
Quote:
Btw, you said solder but I don't think you even need to know how to do that with these adapters. nm

the ones i got had to be soldered….they didn't have the little screw
Dj MacMillz 6:38 PM - 21 August, 2015
Care to give a step by step breakdown on how to go about this?

This will save a lot on cables and cords.

I'm interested in trying this
Joee 6:41 PM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:

the only thing you need to do it cut the power wire & add this www.ebay.com you could even leave it on the outside of the light , i prefer to put it inside tho……the battery is not connected ,you charge it than plug it in the adapter when your ready to use thats it
Dj MacMillz 6:46 PM - 21 August, 2015
Nice, I will definitely try this.

Thanks.
Joee 6:47 PM - 21 August, 2015
let me know how you guys make out & if possible look for isa sellers not the from china ones
Dj MacMillz 6:49 PM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:
let me know how you guys make out & if possible look for isa sellers not the from china ones

I was just about to ask that. Can we just find comparable battery packs from us sellers?
DJ GaFFle 11:44 PM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

the only thing you need to do it cut the power wire & add this www.ebay.com you could even leave it on the outside of the light , i prefer to put it inside tho……the battery is not connected ,you charge it than plug it in the adapter when your ready to use thats it

How do you put it on the inside. Any step-by-step pics? Those last light/battery pics were crummy.
DJ GaFFle 11:55 PM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:

Thanks.

Try this one www.ebay.com ... $10 more than the original light Joee posted but 3x as bright.
Joee 12:08 AM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
How do you put it on the inside. Any step-by-step pics? Those last light/battery pics were crummy.

those pics were taken with a garbage phone, i'll post an hd video for you to see

Quote:
Try this one www.ebay.com ... $10 more than the original light Joee posted but 3x as bright.

those are the exact same lite……they just advertise it as 54 watts , they all have 3 watts led X 18 =? 54………trust me when i tell you the pic doesn't do the light justice ….they shine better than name brand ones
 6 12:20 AM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Now you tell me. :P

nm
 6 12:20 AM - 22 August, 2015
"those are the exact same lite……they just advertise it as 54 watts , they all have 3 watts led X 18 =? 54"

Nice save! :)

nm
Joee 12:40 AM - 22 August, 2015
here is a video , the camera compressed the image & made it look like sh!t, but trust when i say you have to see it in person

i don't know if the video is done converting yet, you can always come back later to check it out Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ GaFFle 1:16 AM - 22 August, 2015
This first unit you posted is only 18W... www.ebay.com It has 18 one-watt LEDs; whereas the one I posted has 18 three-watt LEDs. www.ebay.com

The one I posted will not last as long on battery power though due to higher power draw.
 6 1:25 AM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
This first unit you posted is only 18W... www.ebay.com It has 18 one-watt LEDs; whereas the one I posted has 18 three-watt LEDs. www.ebay.com

The one I posted will not last as long on battery power though due to higher power draw.

I see what you're saying.
 6 1:26 AM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
here is a video , the camera compressed the image & made it look like sh!t, but trust when i say you have to see it in person

i don't know if the video is done converting yet, you can always come back later to check it out Watchwww.youtube.com

I think these will be perfect... and yeah, lasting longer due to less wattage (and still looks great btw) is good :)

nm
DJ GaFFle 1:43 AM - 22 August, 2015
^^^ Yep... this DIY can save you a grip.

So Joee, do you have the solution to mounting the battery INSIDE the uplight casing? Overall, this solution seems pretty nice. I have a hard time justifying $2800 - $3k on the 16 Chinese battery/wireless uplights I ideally need for full-room wedding uplighting. You can probably get 16 of the 54W units + wicicle DMX wireless thingys for less than $1k. Nice Post!
DJ GaFFle 1:47 AM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
not dmx….you would have to add one of those xlr dmx sticks & mod the light further to power the dmx receiver

Hold the phone... those wireless DMX sticks usually require power biscuit adapters on the transmitter end. Yep... one would have to integrate the wireless stick to feed off the same battery.
DJFree 1:53 AM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hold the phone... those wireless DMX sticks usually require power biscuit adapters on the transmitter end. Yep... one would have to integrate the wireless stick to feed off the same battery.

I wish they would make some battery powered (dmx sticks)....and then I'll jump on board....I really want like 8 but I need my power linking outlets.
 6 2:14 AM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
^^^ Yep... this DIY can save you a grip.

So Joee, do you have the solution to mounting the battery INSIDE the uplight casing? Overall, this solution seems pretty nice. I have a hard time justifying $2800 - $3k on the 16 Chinese battery/wireless uplights I ideally need for full-room wedding uplighting. You can probably get 16 of the 54W units + wicicle DMX wireless thingys for less than $1k. Nice Post!

Yes. Definitely a nice post.
Joee 3:46 PM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:

ok i see…..well no need to spend $40 when you can get them for $26 www.ebay.com

Quote:
So Joee, do you have the solution to mounting the battery INSIDE the uplight casing?

it's to big to fit inside, i think it's not to bad as you can charge & carry them separate from the light

Quote:
Nice Post!

Quote:
Yes. Definitely a nice post.

no problem
Joee 3:49 PM - 22 August, 2015
@DJ GaFFle ,i think they are all the same check the specs on the one you posted

Specifications:
1. Item Type: Stage Light
2. Material: Plastic
3. Wattage: Approx. 18W
4. Voltage: 110 - 220V
5. Power Source: AC
6. Light Source: LED
7. LED Number: 18pcs
dj jamalot 3:56 PM - 22 August, 2015
ordered 6 for now thanks Joee very good post i could've used these last night...
Joee 4:04 PM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
no problem

I've found my self in rooms that have had a perfect square dance floor with plugs all around & two not working ……so would would have been a great looking dance floor with uplighting on sound mode

turned in to a room that was missing uplighting on one wall & didn't look as good as it should have…….problem solved

the only issue with this light is, you either have to leave it on one color / color fade @ a party…..or go one color in the beginning than manually switch to sound mode once the party gets going
 6 7:02 PM - 22 August, 2015
Yeah but you only have to switch it once. So once the dance gets going you do round to each light. Shouldn't be a big deal or a deal breaker rather.

nm
Joee 7:17 PM - 22 August, 2015
it's not, but @ this price point you could have 20 …….do you really want to mess with 20 lights once the party gets going

i guess you could throw on a mix & do what you gotta do with the light, but this is so much better Watchwww.youtube.com
controversial 9:21 PM - 22 August, 2015
how can I use this battery with chalet slimmer hex6 with regular 110v outlet? www.idjnow.com
controversial 9:22 PM - 22 August, 2015
*chauvet slimpar hex6
Joee 9:29 PM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
how can I use this battery with chalet slimmer hex6 with regular 110v outlet? www.idjnow.com

i wouldn't know……as that was not the light i tried it on, you could just try to cut a inch of the plug add this to it www.ebay.com

than see if the battery powers the light
 6 11:36 PM - 22 August, 2015
I only have 10 lol :-P

They came in already. Will test them tonight and let ya'll know my thoughts.
Joee 11:38 PM - 22 August, 2015
you ordered yesterday & got them today? DAMN! they must have shipped from CA
dj jamalot 11:48 PM - 22 August, 2015
yup the coming from Cali right down the road should see mine soon... the Battery packs now whole different story LoL...
JDforKing 2:20 AM - 23 August, 2015
Joee what did you have to solder? I guess i'll have to open up one of my lights and look. Can this be done without having to solder anything? One of the lights i ordered came to me broken and they sent me a replacement that came with an external power cord. I'm going to buy one of the batteries you suggested and try it as is. If it works ill contact the eBay seller i got the light from and see if they have more of the lights powered by an external cord so i don't have to do it myself.
 6 2:47 AM - 23 August, 2015
Quote:
you ordered yesterday & got them today? DAMN! they must have shipped from CA

Yup. Didn't realize they were in cali... And free shipping lol
 6 4:36 AM - 23 August, 2015
Finally got a chance to test them. They're perfect. Can't wait to get the stuff to make them battery operated though.

At these prices, these will return the investment in a heartbeat.

Nice buy. Thanks Joee

nm
Dj MacMillz 4:53 AM - 23 August, 2015
Quote:
Finally got a chance to test them. They're perfect. Can't wait to get the stuff to make them battery operated though.

At these prices, these will return the investment in a heartbeat.

Nice buy. Thanks Joee

nm

Video or pics of the lights in action please.
 6 6:55 AM - 23 August, 2015
I basically just tested them today one at a time. No issues. Haven't got the battery packs, etc to make them wireless...

So, here's just a shot of what one of them looks like - different colors. Didn't take pics of every single color it makes.

Eventually I shall make a video I guess.

PS. There are several pics of the same color because these are iPhone pics and the color spread looks weird depending on where you select to focus - but rest assured the light actually spreads evenly along the surface, at it should.

erbmagazine.com

nm
Dj MacMillz 8:26 AM - 23 August, 2015
Nice....

nm
Joee 6:46 PM - 23 August, 2015
Quote:
Joee what did you have to solder

this part www.ebay.com mine didn't have the screw on connector

Quote:
If it works ill contact the eBay seller i got the light from and see if they have more of the lights powered by an external cord so i don't have to do it myself.

you got lights that didn't have the cord connected? check these out less than $20 each www.ebay.com

Quote:
I basically just tested them today one at a time. No issues. Haven't got the battery packs, etc to make them wireless...

So, here's just a shot of what one of them looks like - different colors. Didn't take pics of every single color it makes.

Eventually I shall make a video I guess.

PS. There are several pics of the same color because these are iPhone pics and the color spread looks weird depending on where you select to focus - but rest assured the light actually spreads evenly along the surface, at it should.

erbmagazine.com

nm

these pics show just how bright they are….pics look good much better than mine, you do get a lot for your money with this light
 6 6:59 PM - 23 August, 2015
Indeed you do. I'm pleased with the purchase. nm
Joee 8:10 PM - 23 August, 2015
the battery mode is going to take these lights over the top……i wonder if the $20 6800mAh battery would work?

i found the light for $20 ….if it does that would make the total cost per light $41
Dj MacMillz 8:25 PM - 23 August, 2015
Can the mod work with any light? (Of course the budget friendly/cost effective)

Like the par 86's?
Joee 8:30 PM - 23 August, 2015
i would think as long as the battery supplies enough power it would work for any light thats of low power consumption
 6 12:00 AM - 24 August, 2015
Quote:
the battery mode is going to take these lights over the top……i wonder if the $20 6800mAh battery would work?

i found the light for $20 ….if it does that would make the total cost per light $41

Joee, I found the same battery you posted cheaper. I believe $22 instead of $29

nm
Joee 12:02 AM - 24 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Joee, I found the same battery you posted cheaper. I believe $22 instead of $29

nm

great, post it up
Joee 12:03 AM - 24 August, 2015
$43 a light, this just keeps getting better :)
 6 12:38 AM - 24 August, 2015
Okay... I was a bit off... but still cheaper.

www.banggood.com

Though, I don't know about ordering from there since it isn't eBay with their paypal guarantee.

nm
 6 12:45 AM - 24 August, 2015
About that battery though...

"This is a commonly mislabeled product found on ebay as well. It contain three 3.7volt li-ion batteries in series for 11.1 volts total. Each battery is rated about 2800 mah. So for a 12v device, this will probably do about 2500 mah or less. Testing yielded about 11.1 volts for 1 1/2 hours. So, it is an ok battery pack for 11.1 volt / 2000 mah, but not worth anything more.

"First, the switch is rated for a maximum of 3 amps, well below spec for a lithium ion battery. The cells are actually 3 3.7 volt, 4500mah cells (or that's how they've been labeled). So it is technically 11.1v 4500mah battery. Each battery has it's own PCM, which means it will eventually become unbalanced and perform well below spec. Most of the battery is empty space."

"knowing the limitations of li-ion batteries and how much these weigh, it is impossible for this unit to hold 9800mAH at 12V. But still a good deal, and the size is just right. If you search for just 12v Li-ion CCTV battery, you'll see that other vendors took the time to correct this. Undoubtedly, the chinese suppliers are banking on the general public's lack of knowledge about batteries."
dj jamalot 7:54 PM - 26 August, 2015
So i got 6 lights today and they are pretty decent for the $$$ i'm not sure about the mod as mine have an internal power supply that i would need to bypass i'll figure that out later...So i ordered 6 more i have 4 battery packs and the connectors still enroute when they get here i can sort out the hook up, overall i'm happy with them should have the rest by friday.
 6 9:24 PM - 26 August, 2015
Awesome. Keep us posted! :)

nm
dj jamalot 9:27 PM - 26 August, 2015
ok i talked to the distributor i may have an inside line on these at a lower price point he said he's not really carrying the external power wall wart power supply anymore as the power supply wasn't that stable... however for the Mod you don't need it anyway. but it is a different fixture then the ones i have.
 6 10:31 PM - 26 August, 2015
Did you order the battery packs that were posted originally by Joee?
dj jamalot 10:36 PM - 26 August, 2015
Yup i got 4 coming and the connectors... wanna buy em?
Joee 10:40 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
ok i talked to the distributor i may have an inside line on these at a lower price point he said he's not really carrying the external power wall wart power supply anymore as the power supply wasn't that stable... however for the Mod you don't need it anyway. but it is a different fixture then the ones i have.

i'm not understanding your issue……what is the difference between the light i posted & the one you got?

all that is needed for this mod are the battery pack and the connector that you have to put inside the light s1285.photobucket.com this light had a two prong plug that was replaced with this www.ebay.com
dj jamalot 11:00 PM - 26 August, 2015
your lights utilize a external power supply i,e., wall wart hence the adapter plug works no issue mine use the standard nema connector in & out so you can daisy chain the fixtures with a special plug in on one side out on the other...
dj jamalot 11:03 PM - 26 August, 2015
they still work just fine the distributor called me i have his personal number if anyone wants a direct connection...
Dj MacMillz 11:36 PM - 26 August, 2015
I got my light today (just got 1 to test, cause I had just order a lot of 10 up lights (par 86's) but my light doesn't have to 2 prong as mentioned above it has the removable IEC connection.

Can I still mod? If not this light I'll definitely try on the par 86's cause they have the 2 prongs anyway gonna keep y'all posted.
dj jamalot 11:42 PM - 26 August, 2015
i'm sure they can be modded simply enough bypass the power supply and wire into the light when my batteries show up i'll do one for shits & giggles.
 6 11:51 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:

No. I canceled my ordered of the batteries because of the info I posted above about the ratings and reliability of them.

I'm looking for new batteries now.

nm
Joee 11:51 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
your lights utilize a external power supply i,e., wall wart hence the adapter plug works no issue mine use the standard nema connector in & out so you can daisy chain the fixtures with a special plug in on one side out on the other...

got you…..the plug isn't connected …..it the removable kind

you should still be able to do the mod….you just have to open the light & connect the + & - wire leave the ground out

Quote:
i'm sure they can be modded simply enough bypass the power supply and wire into the light when my batteries show up i'll do one for shits & giggles.

exactly it will just require a little more work & solder ……sucks that they don't have the connected plug, it really makes thing easier
Joee 11:52 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

No. I canceled my ordered of the batteries because of the info I posted above about the ratings and reliability of them.

I'm looking for new batteries now.

nm

let me know what alternative battery you find…..FYI so far I've had no issues with the ebay ones
dj jamalot 11:59 PM - 26 August, 2015
Yeah no biggie 6..., i'll use them for something, besides i need the write off's.
dj jamalot 12:02 AM - 27 August, 2015
and joee i'm sure we can work out a volume deal and get the lights way cheaper the dude called me today because one of the thumb screws was broke so he's sending me more and we chatted for a bit so now i can order direct no Ebay. holla if you need a quantity of these i think he said around $19.00 a light for the 18 3watt led...
Dj MacMillz 6:17 AM - 27 August, 2015
Hey guys what's a good dmx controller to get?

I currently have the ADJ RGB3, but seems not to work as printed with current light and mini kinta..

I'm limited in knowing about dmx altogether.
 6 6:21 AM - 27 August, 2015
Quote:

I currently have the ADJ RGB3, but seems not to work as printed with current light and mini kinta..

That's a good question. These lights came with DMX cables (albeit short) but I'm sure that there's a cheap controller out there that would add excitement to the 10 lights I bought when I don't want to necessarily just use them as up lights.

nm
dj jamalot 12:52 PM - 27 August, 2015
I have the ADJ Wifly Ne1 which has a generic RGB Profile that works great these are basic lights but the controller allows wireless control using a couple of wireless transceivers that way you can control 2 sides of the room simultaneously change color or put in sound to light mode...
DJ GaFFle 7:03 PM - 27 August, 2015
Quote:
and joee i'm sure we can work out a volume deal and get the lights way cheaper the dude called me today because one of the thumb screws was broke so he's sending me more and we chatted for a bit so now i can order direct no Ebay. holla if you need a quantity of these i think he said around $19.00 a light for the 18 3watt led...

Jeez dude... thems crack prices!
DJ GaFFle 7:03 PM - 27 August, 2015
^^^ Good stuff!
Joee 7:06 PM - 27 August, 2015
Quote:

i use them stand alone, but have tried them with your standard RGB controller it works well

Quote:

i also found the 3watt for $20
Dj MacMillz 9:52 PM - 27 August, 2015
Hey Joee, I can't for the love of me get them to work with my controller, I hook it up and it only shows red and green... The 'manual' is non existent. I can set the colors manually but once dmx is hooked up, most I can get is dimming and strobing.
No blue or anything, and the colors ( static) on the controller might as well not be present because once I hit them, it's either dim red or blackout

Again my controller is the ADJ RGB3 and the light is the one mentioned in the original post.
Any help is appreciated.
Joee 10:00 PM - 27 August, 2015
i tried it with the obay 3 controller not adj ……it was breif & i was able to use the preset colors but i use them stand alone

i did find this "Professional 7 Channel DMX-512 LED stage light." maybe you need a 7 channel controller
Dj MacMillz 10:03 PM - 27 August, 2015
Ahh, gotcha!!

Gonna look into that.. But for now stand alone isn't a deal breaker
O.B.1 10:14 PM - 27 August, 2015
*tracking
dj jamalot 10:18 PM - 27 August, 2015
Yea you need a 7 channel controller because ch 7 is sound active... i can run thru the modes from my controller...
 6 10:24 PM - 27 August, 2015
So with these lights we just got... What's a cheap controller that is compatible?

nm
 6 10:25 PM - 27 August, 2015
Joee, how long have you had the batteries you're using and how long did you say they last?

nm
Joee 10:35 PM - 27 August, 2015
Quote:
So with these lights we just got... What's a cheap controller that is compatible?

nm

i wouldn't know…..the point of doing this what to cut all cables literally & not have to worry about controllers

Quote:
Joee, how long have you had the batteries you're using and how long did you say they last?

nm

not long only used a few times……….they charge in about 1 hour & last ten, now if the ones i posted are 1W & the other one posted is 3W…..this may change
Joee 10:45 PM - 27 August, 2015
Quote:

nm

now that i think about it the cheapest controller you can use is the actuall light itself

if you are connecting them via dmx cable, but to me that defeats the purpose of the mod

anyway set all lights to slave mode keep the master @ the dj table set colors strobe go sound active ……what ever you do with that one light the rest will follow
 6 10:46 PM - 27 August, 2015
" i wouldn't know…..the point of doing this what to cut all cables literally & not have to worry about controllers"

Oh indeed. I get that and definitely I want to do that eventually... but since these already have DMX cables included, I figured why not.

nm
 6 10:47 PM - 27 August, 2015
" not long only used a few times……….they charge in about 1 hour & last ten, now if the ones i posted are 1W & the other one posted is 3W…..this may change "

I have the 1W ones. Just worried about the long term according to the stuff I read.

nm
 6 10:48 PM - 27 August, 2015
" anyway set all lights to slave mode keep the master @ the dj table set colors strobe go sound active ……what ever you do with that one light the rest will follow "

Ha! I don't know why I didn't think of this. lol

nm
dj jamalot 11:13 PM - 27 August, 2015
hmmm mine don't list a slave mode but if you address them the same using a controller its the same thing...
Joee 11:19 PM - 27 August, 2015
Quote:
hmmm mine don't list a slave mode but if you address them the same using a controller its the same thing...

try putting two in DMX mode……connect a third master & see if it works
Joee 11:37 PM - 27 August, 2015
peep what i just found, the replacement battery for Chauvet EZpar 64, seems like the same style of battery as the cheap one i posted & it has less mAh

www.ebay.com
dj jamalot 11:50 PM - 27 August, 2015
I Say Boi i knew you was onto sumthin.... in my Foghorn Leghorn voice...
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:34 AM - 28 August, 2015
WOW - shipping is pretty fast on those lights...

Quote:
holla if you need a quantity of these i think he said around $19.00 a light for the 18 3watt led...

I really don't need quantity (yet) BUT curious - is that $19 per light with FREE SHIPPING?

(I'd imagine so - ebay fees are brutalo)
dj jamalot 3:19 AM - 28 August, 2015
Negative on the free shipping if i gotta pay you gotta pay...
 6 3:34 AM - 28 August, 2015
Quote:
Negative on the free shipping if i gotta pay you gotta pay...

That kills the savings then.

nm
Joee 11:18 AM - 28 August, 2015
search ebay you can find the light for $20 each shipped even less than $20 if you buy in bulk
O.B.1 5:45 PM - 28 August, 2015
Here is a fixture with a similar housing but with 7x10w RGBW. I imagine the same type of modification could be done. Personally I like the look of the 4-in-1 LED better than the individual red, blue, and green diodes. Plus with the addition of white you can mix some nice pastel tones and softer colors. But at around $50ea. that is about twice the cost.

www.ebay.com
Joee 6:01 PM - 28 August, 2015
^ nice
Dj MacMillz 6:31 PM - 28 August, 2015
Just got the lights I ordered last week (par 86s)
They are bright as a very small footprint.. Sadly I think they are also 7 ch so my cheap ass co triller don't do didly... But these are strictly for Uplighting so no big deal, they have the dip switches on the back

m.ebay.com

And they are 2 prong so I may order a few singles for the mod. Will update if I do.
Dj MacMillz 6:32 PM - 28 August, 2015
*they are bright and have a very small footprint
DJ GaFFle 8:46 PM - 28 August, 2015
Quote:
Here is a fixture with a similar housing but with 7x10w RGBW. I imagine the same type of modification could be done. Personally I like the look of the 4-in-1 LED better than the individual red, blue, and green diodes. Plus with the addition of white you can mix some nice pastel tones and softer colors. But at around $50ea. that is about twice the cost.[b]
[b]
www.ebay.com

The plus side of this par is that it does white. If you've ever done a wedding, having uplights that do a great white color is essential. Yes, the RGB's can mix color to make others but the whites are not that pure...
 6 9:15 PM - 28 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Here is a fixture with a similar housing but with 7x10w RGBW. I imagine the same type of modification could be done. Personally I like the look of the 4-in-1 LED better than the individual red, blue, and green diodes. Plus with the addition of white you can mix some nice pastel tones and softer colors. But at around $50ea. that is about twice the cost.[b]
[b]
www.ebay.com

The plus side of this par is that it does white. If you've ever done a wedding, having uplights that do a great white color is essential. Yes, the RGB's can mix color to make others but the whites are not that pure...

Most brides aren't pure so yeah hahaha :-P

nm
DJ GaFFle 9:47 PM - 28 August, 2015
Touch'e
dj jamalot 10:20 PM - 29 August, 2015
I'm very pleased with my investment i rented out 8 lights today @ $20.00 per light almost full return on the investment... i ordered a 10 light case by arriba to keep them in glad i checked in thanks joee.
Joee 10:37 PM - 29 August, 2015
Quote:
I'm very pleased with my investment i rented out 8 lights today @ $20.00 per light almost full return on the investment... i ordered a 10 light case by arriba to keep them in glad i checked in thanks joee.

no problem brother ……

my suggestion ….keep renting them lights till you make enough off them to buy the real battery powered ones, than sell them to make even more profit
 6 11:01 PM - 29 August, 2015
Quote:

Link to this case please? This is the same company that made my cases for my Revo lights.

Thanks
 6 11:02 PM - 29 August, 2015
I also just booked an event and the lights already paid for themselves. It's a no brainier of an investment.

nm
Joee 11:07 PM - 29 August, 2015
Quote:
I also just booked an event and the lights already paid for themselves. It's a no brainier of an investment.

nm

i'm glad you guys at are profiting on these lights ……..how many times have i said they pay for them self

not only that you can use them to make more money on gigs by telling clients , if you get this or that package etc. i will throw in uplighting for free
Joee 11:09 PM - 29 August, 2015
Quote:
Link to this case please?

this one might work www.bhphotovideo.com
djcrap 1:43 AM - 30 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[b]
www.ebay.com

Most brides aren't pure so yeah hahaha :-P

nm

Haaaaa touchee says the one that banged one
Nm
 6 4:52 AM - 30 August, 2015
Can't prove a point better than that. lol

nm
dj jamalot 2:55 PM - 30 August, 2015
This little cheap is the one i ordered a friend carries his expensive 10 light set up in this...www.planetdj.com
dj jamalot 2:57 PM - 30 August, 2015
oops wrong image but it holds 10 lights made by arriba ordered from pssl.
 6 3:12 PM - 30 August, 2015
Quote:

I was going to say... Lol

Cool. Will get this then. I have exactly 10 lights and I've used those bags before so I know they last.
Thanks!

nm
Joee 9:33 PM - 30 August, 2015
Quote:
Can't prove a point better than that. lol

nm

wait what you banged a bride? man don't tell me you were djing a wedding and banged the bride……haha

no shame…..haha
DJ Remy USA 4:25 AM - 31 August, 2015
tracking hey can you do a video of how you modded the light when you get a chance. I know it looks simple enough but would still like to see someone else do it. This is great I still rent lights but I can straight up buy these like now.
Joee 12:35 AM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
tracking hey can you do a video of how you modded the light when you get a chance. I know it looks simple enough but would still like to see someone else do it. This is great I still rent lights but I can straight up buy these like now.

if you get this kind of connector www.ebay.com all you need to do is cut the wire put it in & screw it down thats it….mine wasn't the screw type i had to solder

once the connecter is on all you do is plug / unplug the battery
dj jamalot 4:21 PM - 1 September, 2015
hey i got 40 pieces of those connectors pay the postage and you can get 30...
Joee 4:29 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
hey i got 40 pieces of those connectors pay the postage and you can get 30...

damn…lol, did they send you extra? are they screw down like the photo or will you need to solder?
dj jamalot 4:45 PM - 1 September, 2015
yup you need some hit me up i may keep 20 buck i think i'll get 10 more lights... i just opened up one and on mine you gotta come from the low voltage side 2 wires splice and quick connector done... piece of cake.
dj jamalot 4:45 PM - 1 September, 2015
i'll only need 20 the rest are up for grabs.
Joee 4:48 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
yup you need some hit me up i may keep 20 buck i think i'll get 10 more lights... i just opened up one and on mine you gotta come from the low voltage side 2 wires splice and quick connector done... piece of cake.

cool, honestly @ the price point of these light & taking into consideration that you basically paid off your light by renting them out

i see keep the connectors & buy some more lights www.ebay.com
 6 4:48 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:

Send me 10 if you can. I'll pay postage. I have a friend who saw my lights and ordered 10 as well lol

nm
Joee 4:50 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Send me 10 if you can. I'll pay postage. I have a friend who saw my lights and ordered 10 as well lol

nm

this seems to be a great find, i'm turning err body on to these……..haha
 6 4:54 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nm

this seems to be a great find, i'm turning err body on to these……..haha

Great find indeed
Joee 4:54 PM - 1 September, 2015
just an FYI guys ….my suggestion do the mode on these light then sell them locally on CL you can easily double your money kept doing so until you make enough to buy the real battery powered ones

www.chauvetlighting.com
Joee 4:58 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
Great find indeed

Word they are so cheep even mr "i get paid to post" aka mr "i don't click any links" can finally add some uplighting to his dj rig

without the mod they are less than $20 each

but considering he doesn't "click Any Lanks" he will mis out on this
 6 5:06 PM - 1 September, 2015
hahaha
deezlee 8:12 PM - 1 September, 2015
hey y'all thanks for the info.
i'm a little confused w all the comparison links and discussion, i wanna make sure i didn't miss an important post/point.
can one of y'all sum up the parts list w a couple links for a dummy like me?
thanks
Joee 8:15 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
i'm a little confused w all the comparison links and discussion, i wanna make sure i didn't miss an important post/point.
thanks

these lights www.ebay.com

this battery www.ebay.com

this connector www.ebay.com
deezlee 8:24 PM - 1 September, 2015
nice, thanks man.
y'all come through w some good insight on lights and speakers on this board
Joee 8:26 PM - 1 September, 2015
no problem, this was just a cheap option to battery powered uplighting, they can get expensive
dj jamalot 8:59 PM - 1 September, 2015
here goes my first rendition upgrades coming...instagram.com gotta look for a flush mount dc plug that screws on nice & clean...
dj jamalot 9:00 PM - 1 September, 2015
the light isn't put all back together so no cover or diffusers on it.
Joee 9:06 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
here goes my first rendition upgrades coming...instagram.com gotta look for a flush mount dc plug that screws on nice & clean...

can't see, i don't have IG
dj jamalot 9:07 PM - 1 September, 2015
What's a good free photo site?
Joee 9:09 PM - 1 September, 2015
photobucket.com you can log in with your Facebook or twitter
dj jamalot 9:30 PM - 1 September, 2015
already had an account i forgot...i1294.photobucket.com
Joee 9:33 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:

alright we have our first successful mod ……lol , did you gig the 1W or the 3W led lights? keep up posted on how long the battery last on a single charge! i got 10 hours
 6 9:40 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:

Awesome!
dj jamalot 9:41 PM - 1 September, 2015
these are the 3 watt i'll charge the battery and test them to see how long til dead.
DJ GaFFle 9:50 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
these are the 3 watt i'll charge the battery and test them to see how long til dead.

I want to see one of y'all come up with a seamless battery mounting solution with these uplights. Folks will walk by and stumble over / kick these uplights accidentally so to integrate this solution will nice.
Joee 9:55 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:

cool thanks, if it last 6 hours you are good, remember my advice make them then sell them for double continue to do so make that profit

than once you've made enough buy the name brand ones , i think you can put them on CL for $110 doubling your money

Quote:
I want to see one of y'all come up with a seamless battery mounting solution with these uplights. Folks will walk by and stumble over / kick these uplights accidentally so to integrate this solution will nice.

i haven't had any issues the battery sits right under the light & it to big to put inside, it can however be stuck to the side with glue or velcro , you wont even know it's there
dj jamalot 9:56 PM - 1 September, 2015
No room internally so no options for that unless you jury rig it Duck tape will do it... if you haven't noticed most of the real battery powered cans Have wayyy more depth to the housing than the el cheapo's...
Joee 10:07 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
No room internally so no options for that unless you jury rig it Duck tape will do it... if you haven't noticed most of the real battery powered cans Have wayyy more depth to the housing than the el cheapo's...

did you peep how you could mount it on the side of the light?
dj jamalot 10:11 PM - 1 September, 2015
No but there's plenty of room on one side of the bottom if not using dmx cords that should work pretty good with some velcro.
Joee 10:13 PM - 1 September, 2015
peep the pic s1285.photobucket.com the side opposite of the hand, you can glue or velcro it there
dj jamalot 10:25 PM - 1 September, 2015
That's where i wanna locate mine at fits nice there!
Joee 10:33 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
That's where i wanna locate mine at fits nice there!

exactly, thats the only place a see for it, make sure you do it opposite side of the fan & paint the battery black for a nice look

all in all these lights are beastly for the price $50 to $60 for a battery powers uplight
DJ GaFFle 12:20 AM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
[b]
www.ebay.com

So your 70W link has the pigtail power... do you think this IEC power in/out type can do this same cheapo battery trick: www.ebay.com
^^^ No pigtail power cord on it so one would have to go inside the unit and hopefully find the positive/negative wires.
DJ GaFFle 12:47 AM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
<div class="quote pl pr pt pb bg-l" abp="1255">
<div abp="1256"><strong abp="1257">Quote:</strong>
Here is a fixture with a similar housing but with 7x10w RGBW. I imagine the same type of modification could be done. Personally I like the look of the 4-in-1 LED better than the individual red, blue, and green diodes. Plus with the addition of white you can mix some nice pastel tones and softer colors. But at around $50ea. that is about twice the cost.[b][b]
[b][b]
www.ebay.com[b]
So your 70W link has the pigtail power... do you think this IEC power in/out type can do this same cheapo battery trick: www.ebay.com[b]
^^^ No pigtail power cord on it so one would have to go inside the unit and hopefully find the positive/negative wires.

I own a few Blizzard Pucks with the same IEC connectors. I'm just gonna open one up and see for myself. Updates to follow...
Dj MacMillz 12:47 AM - 2 September, 2015
Any luck with the U.S. Based sellers for the battery pack?

Tracking this shipping from China is as much fun as watching paint dry.

And whoever did the mod with the IEC type connection, can you please detail what to do after opening the light.... Thanks.
dj jamalot 1:01 AM - 2 September, 2015
not hard the wires coming out of the transformer step the power down to 12volts Red / Black wires are the ones you tie into i'm considering bypassing the fan with a switch as these lights are low voltage and generate no heat the fan is for the Transformer which being bypassed won't get hot...
DJ Reflex 1:04 AM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
Any luck with the U.S. Based sellers for the battery pack?

I've been scanning through this thread for... a second. I do own a few of those lights already and have a couple battery packs laying around. To answer the quoted question, yes, Chauvet actually sells their battery packs for the Freedom series lights. A bit more expensive, but I got two of them within the week with no hassles. Also, you might want to check "Batteries Plus" stores. They can actually build battery packs for you! Also, most hobby shops that sell RC cars and stuff will build battery packs too.
DJ Reflex 1:05 AM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
not hard the wires coming out of the transformer step the power down to 12volts Red / Black wires are the ones you tie into i'm considering bypassing the fan with a switch as these lights are low voltage and generate no heat the fan is for the Transformer which being bypassed won't get hot...

Uhhh... don't do that. These lights WILL over heat! I know the fans on these cheap lights aren't the best, but clipping them will do more harm and possible destroy the chip set. You can replace the fans quite cheaply with smaller (quieter) 40mm fans from Amazon or Ebay, but it does need a fan.
dj jamalot 1:05 AM - 2 September, 2015
i'm in no hurry a couple weeks lead time is no biggie just pre plan and order what you need.
DJ Reflex 1:07 AM - 2 September, 2015
The aluminum plate that the LEDs are mounted to acts as a heat sync. Air must move past it to cool it off.
dj jamalot 1:22 AM - 2 September, 2015
Dammit it's not like they heating up houses though... ima try it just to see ambient air along with radiant heat displacement +3.2 jiggawatts should be ok.
Joee 1:23 AM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
Dammit it's not like they heating up houses though... ima try it just to see ambient air along with radiant heat displacement +3.2 jiggawatts should be ok.

don't do it, just glue / velcro the battery to the side, that fan / heatsink is there for a reason
dj jamalot 1:26 AM - 2 September, 2015
i'm just testing the waters i'll take any advice given, i'm grateful for the info i've received thanks guys.
Joee 1:28 AM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
i'm just testing the waters i'll take any advice given, i'm grateful for the info i've received thanks guys.

you know what F@ck it…..as cheap as there are try one……let us know

sh!t they payed them self off already …lol
Dj MacMillz 3:51 AM - 2 September, 2015
Hey not to be a pain, but got a few ??

I went ahead and opened up the light and unscrewed the IEC connection, now I see 3 cables attached, 1 red and 1 black (over each other) and then a 2nd red (soldered) to the other side. I trace the red and black (over each other) to the other side of the unit to a motherboard type thing... So I'm assuming those are the + and - I need to attach to the adapter correct?

I know we're probably making this harder than it is, we (well myself at least) are new to this stuff, but it does seem easy.

Thanks
dj jamalot 3:53 AM - 2 September, 2015
Yeah you want the low voltage side after the transformer and before the pcb board...
dj jamalot 4:08 AM - 2 September, 2015
Here's a pic i1294.photobucket.com
DJ GaFFle 4:12 AM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
Yeah you want the low voltage side after the transformer and before the pcb board...

I'm assuming he doesn't know what "the low voltage" side is... we're DJ's, not electricians.
dj jamalot 4:29 AM - 2 September, 2015
break out the multimeter and check the voltage would be what I'd do now if he can't read voltage he should not attempt this Mod...
d:raf 5:36 PM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
thanks

Looks like you mofos bought them all...
Joee 5:43 PM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
thanks

Looks like you mofos bought them all...

haha……just search ebay, you will find plenty being sold in that $20 to $25 range
 6 7:57 PM - 2 September, 2015
I still haven't found the Arriba light case that holds 10 of these lights. Help! :P

nm
DJ GaFFle 11:00 PM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
I still haven't found the Arriba light case that holds 10 of these lights. Help! :P

nm

Yeah... I don't even own the lights but I looked too.
 6 11:46 PM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

nm

I found an Arriba case that holds 4 and another case by ADJ I think that holds 8.

nm
Joee 11:55 PM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nm

I found an Arriba case that holds 4 and another case by ADJ I think that holds 8.

nm

did you not see the one i posted? $30 & it hold 5 lights
 6 12:08 AM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nm

nm

did you not see the one i posted? $30 & it hold 5 lights

Oh shit. What? I missed that. Link?

nm
Joee 12:14 AM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:

nm

MAS PU :p

www.amazon.com
 6 2:06 AM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

nm

www.amazon.com

Oh damn. When I initially click on that link I didn't see the other pics or read the description. I thought it was just for a single light. Doh! lol

Thanks!

Ordering two of these now.

nm
 6 2:14 AM - 3 September, 2015
Ha! $29.99 new.... Got me two used ones for $21.52 each with free shipping. I'm killing it with these bargains. lmao!

nm
DJ GaFFle 10:30 AM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nm

www.amazon.com

Oh damn. When I initially click on that link I didn't see the other pics or read the description. I thought it was just for a single light. Doh! lol

Thanks!

Ordering two of these now.

nm

Arrgghh... pump ya brakes, I believe this case holds five SlimPars. Your lights have an extended section so this may not work for you.
DJ GaFFle 10:44 AM - 3 September, 2015
Also, keep in mind some of your uplights have pigtail power supplies attached to them. If you haven't or won't be doing the DIY battery-bypass thing, those power cables will take up extra room in storage.
Joee 10:59 AM - 3 September, 2015
slim pars are very similar in size, worst case they will fit 4
DJ GaFFle 12:57 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:

I think the Slimpars are 2.2" deep (each) whereas the 18x1W pars are almost 4" deep (each). Not close. www.ebay.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:01 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I think the Slimpars are 2.2" deep (each) whereas the 18x1W pars are almost 4" deep (each). Not close. www.ebay.com

Joee* will find a way to fit them in....all 5...lmao.

lmao.
Joee 1:07 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:

ment to hold five, take out the dividers you should be able to fit 4….sixxx will let us know…lol
 6 1:19 PM - 3 September, 2015
Ah damn it. Canceling order. nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:20 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:

lol...
Joee 1:24 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:

it's too late it shipped already :p
 6 1:28 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

it's too late it shipped already :p

Nope. Got it just in time. :)

nm
 6 1:29 PM - 3 September, 2015
The search continues..... nm
Joee 1:29 PM - 3 September, 2015
my boy has those bags i'll try to test fit
Joee 1:30 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:
The search continues..... nm

were's jamalot we you need him…..haha
Joee 1:33 PM - 3 September, 2015
dude thats the bag. jam said it just shows the wrong pic

Quote:
This little cheap is the one i ordered a friend carries his expensive 10 light set up in this...www.planetdj.com

Quote:
 6 1:47 PM - 3 September, 2015
are both lights we are comparing the same size though? I don't think so. Gaffle seems right. 2 extra inches per light is way too much. Definitely no misquote lol

nm
Joee 1:51 PM - 3 September, 2015
jamalot is MIA you better send t a messenger pigeon to find out if he got his & how the fit

hahaha
 6 1:56 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:
jamalot is MIA you better send t a messenger pigeon to find out if he got his & how the fit

hahaha

lol @ message by bird
Joee 1:58 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:
lol @ message by bird

i'm sending one to NJ
 6 2:08 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, they're 4.5" deep. Just measured it. DEFINITELY would not have fit 5 in that bag.

*slaps Joee*

nm
Joee 2:19 PM - 3 September, 2015
being as i'm the one that put you down on these light, i get an automatic pass

battery powered for $55…….how you gonna slap me?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:20 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:
*Bitchslaps Joee*

nm

lol, another day in the hood...
 6 2:22 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:

Alright alright... You get a one time pass. These lights are definitely a steal at $23.

nm
Joee 2:23 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Alright alright... You get a one time pass. These lights are definitely a steal at $23.

nm

you do know that you can get them for less than $20 right? i posted a few links
 6 2:25 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nm

you do know that you can get them for less than $20 right? i posted a few links

After that bag link... I don't think I trust any other link of yours. :P

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:26 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:
After that bag link... I don't think I trust any other link of yours. :P

nm

***Dead***
Joee 2:27 PM - 3 September, 2015
all damn…….haha

search ebay….you have to look for the ones that are sold in lots of 4 or 8, they had 8 for $155 with free shipping
 6 2:30 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:
all damn…….haha

search ebay….you have to look for the ones that are sold in lots of 4 or 8, they had 8 for $155 with free shipping

Yeah. I think the better deal was the one that holds 4. Then get 3 of those. I'm going to have to get two more lights. lol

nm
DJ Reflex 4:12 AM - 5 September, 2015
Walmart (and ACE) sells nice large tubs with hinged lids... Sterlite I think. They are $25 and hold just about anything! I got 12 of these suckers for a lll my gear - lights, cables, video, lasers, you name it. They stack well and you can stand on them too! I can pack 12 of these lights in there easily with cords.
www.sterilite.com
Scully DJ Services 4:45 AM - 5 September, 2015
Quote:
Walmart (and ACE) sells nice large tubs with hinged lids... Sterlite I think. They are $25 and hold just about anything! I got 12 of these suckers for a lll my gear - lights, cables, video, lasers, you name it. They stack well and you can stand on them too! I can pack 12 of these lights in there easily with cords.
www.sterilite.com

I own one too. I like it, but is so massive. I can pile mountains of cable in it. I purchased mine for $18 from Target.
dj jamalot 5:15 AM - 5 September, 2015
Hers my bag...s1294.photobucket.com
DJ Reflex 1:34 PM - 5 September, 2015
^^ Nice ^^
DJ GaFFle 2:07 PM - 5 September, 2015
Quote:
Hers my bag...s1294.photobucket.com

Arriba's model numbers are all over the place. What model number is that bag?
dj jamalot 10:34 PM - 5 September, 2015
I thought it was an Arriba it's made by accu case it's an F8 Slim Par Bag I paid $35.00...s1294.photobucket.com
DJ GaFFle 11:44 PM - 5 September, 2015
^^^ That's what everyone's been waiting for...
 6 11:56 PM - 5 September, 2015
Just got my 2 extra lights. Now I own 12. I also got me 3 of these....

www.amazon.com

Kinda cool because I won't have to feel "obligated" to carry 8 at one time if I don't need to. Kinda like having 2 turntable cases vs a coffin. :P

nm
dj jamalot 1:43 AM - 6 September, 2015
For the price I got it for ill deal with 8 I may order this 4 light bag bcuz I hav 10 and I left 2 at home... Guess I gotta order 2 more to fill the bag up... Lol
 6 2:01 AM - 6 September, 2015
Quote:
For the price I got it for ill deal with 8 I may order this 4 light bag bcuz I hav 10 and I left 2 at home... Guess I gotta order 2 more to fill the bag up... Lol

Yeah. That's a good price indeed.

nm
Joee 1:58 PM - 6 September, 2015
here a video of the bag sixxx found Watchwww.youtube.com
Joee 2:01 PM - 6 September, 2015
heres the one jamalot found, it's actually made by ADJ, www.bhphotovideo.com good find on both bags
dj jamalot 3:02 PM - 6 September, 2015
it just keeps getting better great post and lots of insightful ideas, Good Job Joee!
Joee 3:09 PM - 6 September, 2015
NP, all we need now is for some one to come up with a dmx mod
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:27 PM - 7 September, 2015
If I wanted to buy a few more of these to mount on a T-Bar instead of using them as uplights - does anybody know a good source for a few clamps?

I am digging the bag suggestions so i figured you guys may know a source for clamps.
DJ Reflex 11:33 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
If I wanted to buy a few more of these to mount on a T-Bar instead of using them as uplights - does anybody know a good source for a few clamps?

I am digging the bag suggestions so i figured you guys may know a source for clamps.

Guitar Center actually. Clamps are cheap.

Joee - What kind of DMX mod are you looking for?
Joee 11:35 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:

i don't see what a regular o clap or c clamp wouldn't work?

Quote:
Joee - What kind of DMX mod are you looking for?

one that would give us wireless battery powered dmx control over the mod i already did @ a decent price point
 6 10:20 PM - 10 September, 2015
Update: My light bags came in. Love them!!!!!

First the "bad" news. The lights we have won't fit in the bag the way they're meant to fit in there. In other words, horizontally spread.

The GOOD NEWS. The lights WILL FIT in the bag if you stack them in 2's. And... since the dividers that come inside the bag are velcro'ed in place, you can use just 1 divider to separate the first two lights, and the other 2 dividers to protect the lights as you stack them on top of each other.

Look at these pictures so you can see what I mean.

This picture shows 3 lights already in the bag showing how the velcro/cushioned dividers are used.
erbmagazine.com

This picture shows all 4 lights in the bag. I put the lights and the power cables inside the bag for easy access as those are the only things I will be using for now. The metal brackets and the DMX cables are on the side pockets.
erbmagazine.com

And this last picture, shows everything inside and close. Ready to go. It fits perfectly.
erbmagazine.com

If you only have 9 lights, these bags will fit 3 lights the way they were meant to be placed inside. Or, it will actually fit 4 lights that are slim. Our lights are not really slim.... but glad they fit as I mentioned above.

Great purchase in my opinion. Now my cheap investment is already protected.

nm
Joee 10:26 PM - 10 September, 2015
good stuff
DJ Reflex 2:06 AM - 11 September, 2015
I just got a massive Up-Lighting and laser gig at a museum next month. Was out on a site survey tonight. I'll have to take a few pics of what my modded lights can do.
 6 3:07 AM - 11 September, 2015
Quote:
I just got a massive Up-Lighting and laser gig at a museum next month. Was out on a site survey tonight. I'll have to take a few pics of what my modded lights can do.

Can't wait to see them.

nm
dj jamalot 9:38 PM - 13 September, 2015
i used mine myself this weekend and must say the mod on my 18 3 watt led lasted 6.5 hours not to shabby the venue really liked them so i'm selling them 20 un modded lights for $50.00 a piece they had been looking into buying their own so they know what they co$t and $50.00 was a deal for them. have another gig this weekend i'll try to get some pics.
Joee 10:11 PM - 13 September, 2015
Quote:
i used mine myself this weekend and must say the mod on my 18 3 watt led lasted 6.5 hours not to shabby the venue really liked them so i'm selling them 20 un modded lights for $50.00 a piece they had been looking into buying their own so they know what they co$t and $50.00 was a deal for them. have another gig this weekend i'll try to get some pics.

damn …..good sh!t your making almost 100% profit on each light
 6 10:28 PM - 13 September, 2015
I used 4 of mine last night and the owner was asking me about them as well. I told him they cost me $50 each as well and I could sell him some... but he didn't bite. Cheap ass owner. hahaha

nm
DJ Reflex 10:31 PM - 13 September, 2015
^^ Sweet innovations guys. ^^

I'm working on my own version of the Geyser fog machine this week.
 6 10:41 PM - 13 September, 2015
Here's the pic I took from last night's gig...

Disregard the cable system. I wouldn't do this at a wedding... but at a bar... I. don't. care. lol

Oh yeah, I'm playing videos too... so check out that white HDMI cable. :P

erbmagazine.com

The place isn't big so this is what I used.

1 Technics MK5G
1 Rane 64
1 MBP (Duh)
1 15" PRX 500 (placed in one corner of the dance floor - we talked about this placement before.
1 12" PRX 500 (monitor placed behind me in another corner)
4 uplights
1 Revo III aimed at the ceiling.

The sound was perfect for this venue - I've played here before many times so I know exactly the best placement of the speakers and what to bring. Placing both 15 and 12 in the corners gives awesome bass output on the dance floor area. No one notices the 12 behind me so they always wonder how one 15" gives such great sound. :P

nm

nm
Joee 10:48 PM - 13 September, 2015
Quote:
Here's the pic I took from last night's gig...

yo…those uplights made all the difference ……
Quote:
1 Technics MK5G

instant double some of a ……haha

good look out there ……i like how you used deferent colors……i try to tell people uplighting is where it's at ;)
Joee 10:49 PM - 13 September, 2015
but AYO cover those wires man……..haha
 6 12:33 AM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:
but AYO cover those wires man……..haha

It's a bar... no one cares. lol

nm
dj jamalot 12:52 AM - 14 September, 2015
BTW anyone wanting these lights should order now and beat the price increase the next batch will be approx $35.00 ea this is straight from the owner of Jtech so don't sleep.
DJ GaFFle 1:28 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:
BTW anyone wanting these lights should order now and beat the price increase the next batch will be approx $35.00 ea this is straight from the owner of Jtech so don't sleep.

JTech is greedy and is working to boost his profits. These are Chinese-direct imports and like mobile DJ'ing, someone is always undercutting someone else. That's why y'all were finding $20 bargains in the first place...
dj jamalot 5:10 PM - 14 September, 2015
I agree GaFFle that's the nature of the beast when they find a good product they try to maximize their profits I still think their a great deal but that's just me.
dj jamalot 5:11 PM - 19 September, 2015
Round 2 of my Military Star Struck i mean Search... Got pics this time, and ordered 10 more lights as you can never have too many...
i1294.photobucket.com

i1294.photobucket.com

i1294.photobucket.com

i1294.photobucket.com
Joee 5:17 PM - 19 September, 2015
nice, you did the battery mod on all of those lights?
dj jamalot 5:22 PM - 19 September, 2015
yeah they last for around 6 hours with the brighter LED...
Joee 6:06 PM - 19 September, 2015
Quote:
yeah they last for around 6 hours with the brighter LED...

so you got the one thats 3 watt vs the 1 watt….nice 6 hours is more than enough as most events go 5 hours

do you get full brightness the full 6 hours?
dj jamalot 6:08 PM - 19 September, 2015
Yeah they stay full brightness then start to blink as voltage is nearly gone.
 6 8:16 PM - 19 September, 2015
Very nice. 6 hours is definitely enough nm
DJ GaFFle 9:44 PM - 19 September, 2015
Post some close up pics of the light with how you position the battery.
dj jamalot 12:03 AM - 20 September, 2015
I'll get some I just tuck it under nothing fancy I'll try to post some
Certified Quality Entertainment 2:35 PM - 20 September, 2015
Can anyone post the dmx channels of the LEDs? Do they match the American Dj mega par?
dj jamalot 5:03 PM - 21 September, 2015
Here ya Go GaFFle i pulled some pics when i did my Mod...

i1294.photobucket.com

i1294.photobucket.com

i1294.photobucket.com

i1294.photobucket.com
dj jamalot 5:05 PM - 21 September, 2015
this particular fixture has no dmx plug... My drill bit ate it LoL.
AKIEM 5:16 PM - 21 September, 2015
Looks like a bomb.
dj jamalot 5:24 PM - 21 September, 2015
Quote:

[quote The Room Looks bomb.
What he meant to say...
i1294.photobucket.com
AKIEM 5:27 PM - 21 September, 2015
LOL
dj jamalot 5:30 PM - 21 September, 2015
it's Cool man just sharing ideas & tips no drama.
 6 5:55 PM - 21 September, 2015
Thanks for sharing the pics. I've been looking and looking and all I've been able to find (at a reasonable price) is these Chinese made batteries.

Since you guys say these batteries do last 6 hours, I think I'm just going to pull the trigger on them.

nm
Joee 2:47 PM - 30 September, 2015
Quote:
Thanks for sharing the pics. I've been looking and looking and all I've been able to find (at a reasonable price) is these Chinese made batteries.

Since you guys say these batteries do last 6 hours, I think I'm just going to pull the trigger on them.

nm

you don't pay attention, lol…….i found this a while back & posted it, seems like the same kind of battery thats on ebay & is used in the name brand light but i could be wrong

www.idjnow.com
 6 5:20 PM - 30 September, 2015
That battery says made in China. Who isn't paying attention? lol

nm
CMOS 6:02 PM - 30 September, 2015
Quote:
Looks like a bomb.

I thought it was a clock.
Joee 1:19 PM - 1 October, 2015
if we can do the same mod to this light than will will have total wireless control over the light ,a $70 wireless battery powered remote controllers uplight…..not bad

www.aliexpress.com
dj jamalot 1:51 PM - 1 October, 2015
didn't you notice all the "Un used" connections inside the fixture... i bet they come in handy for a RF remote controller... have to get one and try it out, Pretty sure the parts are easily obtainable.
Joee 1:56 PM - 1 October, 2015
try it & let us know, if all works the same as the others i will buy 20, i like that the led is a four in one not single color like the other one
Joee 1:57 PM - 1 October, 2015
o the remote has a 100 foot range
Certified Quality Entertainment 3:05 PM - 1 October, 2015
I'm interested in this one too. I prob wouldn't do the mod but I'd be interested in them.
Dj AR1 5:20 PM - 1 October, 2015
im wondering how good are those chinese lights?
Joee 9:18 PM - 20 October, 2015
Quote:
if you can solder you can make wireless battery powered uplights for $55

here is what you need

www.ebay.com

www.ebay.com

www.ebay.com

simply replace the power cord with -DC Female Head Connector DC Jack- & your done you can now use the battery pack to power the light

hers some pics

s1285.photobucket.com

s1285.photobucket.com

s1285.photobucket.com

s1285.photobucket.com

the absolute cheapest wireless battery powered uplight you can own ,now you have the freedom to put uplighting wherever you like without spending $200 per light

light has a ten hour battery life with only one hour charging time….. they also have a cheaper 6 hour 6800maH battery that will cost $10 less making the total for one battery powers light $45 ,try it & let me know who it works for you!

so i found a way to make this light completely wireless via a cheap (less than $10) irc remote & irc receiver

more to follow……….stay tuned
 6 1:38 AM - 21 October, 2015
oh snap! definitely keeping track

nm
Joee 12:31 PM - 21 October, 2015
so for another $10 you can make the light completely wireless ,you can use the included remote or you can even use an app

play.google.com

so basically it an RGB controller & remote that used to control those led light strips & it works great ,you have total control over the light it even does more colors with the controller

this is similar to what was used but not the exact one (i'll post it as soon as i find it) www.amazon.com what you do is completely remove the controller thats built into the back of the light & replace it with this

it's pretty simple as all the wires are marked RGB & + - for power ,the mod also eliminates the need for this adaptor www.ebay.com as the irc recover wire also has one built in

i'll post some pick & a video soon along with the correct controller
 6 4:26 PM - 21 October, 2015
Is the app only available for android?

nm
Joee 12:26 AM - 22 October, 2015
not sure
deezlee 1:47 AM - 22 October, 2015
any of you guys use the non-DIY versions of battery powered uplights?
any performance pros or cons?
Dj AR1 3:46 AM - 22 October, 2015
Quote:
so for another $10 you can make the light completely wireless ,you can use the included remote or you can even use an app

play.google.com

so basically it an RGB controller & remote that used to control those led light strips & it works great ,you have total control over the light it even does more colors with the controller

this is similar to what was used but not the exact one (i'll post it as soon as i find it) www.amazon.com what you do is completely remove the controller thats built into the back of the light & replace it with this

it's pretty simple as all the wires are marked RGB & + - for power ,the mod also eliminates the need for this adaptor www.ebay.com as the irc recover wire also has one built in

i'll post some pick & a video soon along with the correct controller

Keep me post it.
controversial 4:45 AM - 26 October, 2015
is there a cheap rechargeable battery that can i can plug my regular 110vt led fixtures and make them wireless like this
www.amazon.com
Dj_Nix 3:16 PM - 26 October, 2015
Quote:
is there a cheap rechargeable battery that can i can plug my regular 110vt led fixtures and make them wireless like this
www.amazon.com

I've been tracking this conversation. I'm not an electrical guy however I think u could add the female end of a power cable to the battery mentioned above and plug the light in. Probably was mentioned before.
O.B.1 9:14 PM - 12 December, 2015
So i went ahead and bought 16 of these lights just to play around with.
At first the housing seems kind of "flimsy" or rather very light weight - like if they were dropped they could break very easily, but just be careful and probably will be fine.

I haven't done the battery mod yet but even just as a simple par64 fixture they seem to work well when responding to DMX. Here is a quick video I made with 8 of them hooked up to ShowXpress running some chase/scenes that I programmed in the step editor:

www.facebook.com
 6 11:46 PM - 12 December, 2015
Quote:
So i went ahead and bought 16 of these lights just to play around with.
At first the housing seems kind of "flimsy" or rather very light weight - like if they were dropped they could break very easily, but just be careful and probably will be fine.

I haven't done the battery mod yet but even just as a simple par64 fixture they seem to work well when responding to DMX. Here is a quick video I made with 8 of them hooked up to ShowXpress running some chase/scenes that I programmed in the step editor:

www.facebook.com

Very nice! I like how you programmed them.

Btw, stupid me dropped one of those lights the other night and luckily nothing happened to it. It landed hard too. My brother dropped one of my Revo's from like 10 ft up lol and the lens popped out but didn't break anything. That's why I love LED's... They don't break too easily.

nm
Dj_Nix 12:45 AM - 13 December, 2015
Very nice program.... Are they very bright as up lights?
O.B.1 10:46 PM - 13 December, 2015
Quote:
Very nice program.... Are they very bright as up lights?

I did a side by side comparison with a chauvet slimpar56 and they are about equal.
(except the blue seems a bit dim)
Also I noticed the type of paint on the wall affects the brightness. A matte finish allows for rich, bright colors - while a glossy finish seems to reflect the light which seems to diminish the amount of color wash.
dooshmasta 5:06 AM - 14 December, 2015
The OP sounds strange to me, that you wouldn't have to crack open the fixture to pull out the ACDC adapter inside. The electronics run on 12VDC but the connector is a standard AC, which means there's an adapter between the connector and the electronics. My old cans have actual plastic enclosed AC adapters (like the 'brick' in the middle of your laptop power cable).

Anyway, to go wireless DMX with it, I got a few of these at under $20 each:

Transmitter: www.ebay.com

Receiver: www.ebay.com

They've been working pretty good, even at about 30 feet with people in between for me. You can get a cheap 1AH 5VDC cellphone battery pack and a USB to 3.5mm DC jack cable to power the receivers. Otherwise, you'll have to split, and build a stepdown in the 12v circuit to power both the DFi and the fixture with your 12v battery.

Also, uDMX and Freestyler is probably the cheapest way to get into DMXing. It's a USB dongle that runs about $16 and Freestyler is a open source light design program. If you program your own Macros, you can do some advanced stuff with the fixtures that you already have.

Hope this is helpful to someone out there.
Dj_Nix 7:56 AM - 14 December, 2015
That's what's up... I'll check this out... Might be my Christmas project
Joee 3:03 PM - 21 December, 2015
alright…..sorry for getting back to this thread so late

here is what you will need to make the light wireless remote control
www.amazon.com

here are some pics inside two i opened up

s1285.photobucket.com

s1285.photobucket.com

you can remove all electronics on the inside if you want you don't need them including the fan, if you want to dmx link any lights you will need to leave that in tact , if not remove it

i even found a smaller baterie that fits inside & last about 5 hours

s1285.photobucket.com

heres two videos of the remote in action, everything is plug and play the wireless controller plugs into the light board & the baterie plugs into the amazon controller

s1285.photobucket.com

s1285.photobucket.com

@dj jamalot

give it a try tell me what you think it's nice to not have to bend down & change the color on all lights
Dj_Nix 6:59 AM - 24 December, 2015
good look. checkin this out later...
Joee 1:57 PM - 26 January, 2016
fyi 6 you also need this www.amazon.com everything is plug & play
Manny C dot com 11:07 PM - 29 January, 2016
F@#KING PhotoBucket has been down all bloody day!!

ps: It's 2016.. Have you people never heard of imgur???

/rant
Make It Count Entertainment 10:08 PM - 8 February, 2016
Hey guys,

First of all this thread is great! SO stoked to get some battery powered uplights!!

My question: I know it's been asked a couple times, but I haven't seen a straight answer on here yet: How do the 1W lights compare to the 3W lights? Are 1W not bright enough? Are 3W too bright?

And more importantly... do the 3W lights make the battery not last as long? I'm picturing a longer event where the uplights suddenly start dying out, one by one... *shudders*

Hoping to order soon... please help! Thanks
Joee 10:29 PM - 8 February, 2016
1W are pretty bright, take a look at this light from CHAUVET DJ the par cans have 3 1W bulbs you can see it's bright

the two lights in the middle are the pars Watchwww.youtube.com
Joee 10:30 PM - 8 February, 2016
you can also see the $20 ebay light here s1285.photobucket.com
Make It Count Entertainment 11:47 PM - 8 February, 2016
Thanks @Joee. How does the wattage affect battery life?
Scully DJ Services 12:49 AM - 9 February, 2016
The higher the wattage, the more power that the fixture will consume. If there is a 3W light and a 1W light that are both hooked into identical batteries, then theoretically the 1W should last 3x longer. This most likely isn't the case in real world appilications though due to many other variables, but you get the idea.
teemac111 12:19 AM - 30 April, 2016
Anybody care to list the material list for battery,wireless,adapters etc..this got a lil bit confusing to me on what I need to order.I already have the cheap lights..Thanks
Joee 10:28 AM - 30 April, 2016
teemac111 7:03 PM - 1 May, 2016
Thanks Joee
Joee 7:20 PM - 1 May, 2016
NP, let us know how it works out
teemac111 7:33 PM - 1 May, 2016
What about the wireless?Did it work out for u guys?
Joee 7:48 PM - 1 May, 2016
Quote:
What about the wireless?Did it work out for u guys?

i did a made that gives you wireless control via a remote, but the light is self is not wireless DMX
Joee 7:49 PM - 1 May, 2016
Quote:
alright…..sorry for getting back to this thread so late

here is what you will need to make the light wireless remote control
www.amazon.com

here are some pics inside two i opened up

s1285.photobucket.com

s1285.photobucket.com

you can remove all electronics on the inside if you want you don't need them including the fan, if you want to dmx link any lights you will need to leave that in tact , if not remove it

i even found a smaller baterie that fits inside & last about 5 hours

s1285.photobucket.com

heres two videos of the remote in action, everything is plug and play the wireless controller plugs into the light board & the baterie plugs into the amazon controller

s1285.photobucket.com

s1285.photobucket.com

@dj jamalot

give it a try tell me what you think it's nice to not have to bend down & change the color on all lights
teemac111 9:40 PM - 1 May, 2016
Thank you...I already have a few LED Strips with remote so I'll probably try that install as well
Joee 10:21 PM - 1 May, 2016
Quote:
Thank you...I already have a few LED Strips with remote so I'll probably try that install as well

you can literally remove all the guts of the light especially the fan, that will improve battery life

s1285.photobucket.com

you will need this www.amazon.com

&

www.amazon.com

when you go this route everything is plug and play , you will not need to but this www.ebay.com

basically the little light controller plugs into the led light plate on the cheap $20 ebay light, the light controller has two wires sticking out of it, one excepts the battery & the other is a IR sensor for the remote

if your not in a rush give me a week or two i will post pics for you to see with detailed instructions, its pretty simple tho
evensteven 7:26 AM - 20 May, 2016
Great thread with great ideas everyone. I have a wireless light with nine 10W LEDs. With a 9800mAh, I'm assuming that's going to last way less than 6 hours? I may just hit up a battery store and seek their advice
teemac111 7:02 PM - 27 May, 2016
Dammit..I can't get this to work.I ordered exactly what y'all said to order too.Is there a process of going from ac to DC?
Joee 7:13 PM - 27 May, 2016
i'll post detailed pics & instructions on sunday

FYI, if you bought this www.amazon.com & this www.amazon.com

it could be as simple as disconnecting turning it around and putting it back in ,think changing a batteries positive & negative connection
teemac111 10:59 PM - 27 May, 2016
I havent bought that yet..I wanted to get the batteries working first before I bought those
Joee 11:29 PM - 27 May, 2016
buy the $5 controller & the $1 connector , it makes everything easy all plug and play
teemac111 12:32 PM - 30 May, 2016
10-4
Joee 12:33 PM - 30 May, 2016
do you need some pics?
Joee 1:05 PM - 30 May, 2016
if you don't have the controller this is how you connect it

s1285.photobucket.com

if you have the controller this is how you connect it ,its all plug and play simple

s1285.photobucket.com
teemac111 2:50 PM - 30 May, 2016
So with the controller u eliminated all the internals?I think that be my problem..the DC from the battery connected to the power cord is not getting thru the internals of the pcb
Joee 3:47 PM - 30 May, 2016
Quote:
So with the controller u eliminated all the internals?

correct
Quote:
I think that be my problem..the DC from the battery connected to the power cord is not getting thru the internals of the pcb

you bypass the plug with the connector, do you see the black connector in the pic? notice were its connected

s1285.photobucket.com
evensteven 6:58 PM - 8 June, 2016
I picked up the 9800mah battery to use for my light, which takes up more power than the ones you guys have been posting: 66.media.tumblr.com

It worked for an hour, then started turning off, then back on, and repeat. Any idea why? Is it a warning that it's about to die? or blow up
Joee 7:01 PM - 8 June, 2016
these batteries should only be used with the cheaper lower wattage lights, it's not going to work well the the higher powered ones
evensteven 7:03 PM - 8 June, 2016
it did for an hour
DJmatt123 7:09 AM - 3 August, 2016
Here's the simple solution to wireless DMX....www.ebay.com
pdidy 11:02 AM - 3 August, 2016
Quote:
these batteries should only be used with the cheaper lower wattage lights, it's not going to work well the the higher powered ones

Quote:
it did for an hour

www.reactiongifs.com
footfall99 5:08 AM - 30 August, 2016
So I made the light you guys posted above...

18x1w with the LED remote RBG cable and used the 9800 mah battery. The light only stays lit for about 2.5 hours...after charging the battery all night.
footfall99 6:23 AM - 30 August, 2016
I just noticed that the RGB wire/remote combo uses 72W? Is this max output or constant? If so, it makes sense why it drained my battery so fast...I would then assume I have to turn the brightness down from max?
Joee 11:50 AM - 30 August, 2016
are you using this remote? www.amazon.com

i get 2.5 hours out of a 4800mah battery

s1285.photobucket.com
 6 6:33 PM - 30 August, 2016
2.5 hours just isn't enough at all.

nm
Joee 6:45 PM - 30 August, 2016
Quote:
2.5 hours just isn't enough at all.

nm

agreed, but this is with the small battery, the 9800mah works for 6 hours no problem
footfall99 10:22 PM - 30 August, 2016
Like I asked above...are you using full brightness or are you dimming it?

I have 7 of these lights built the exact same way you to, 18x1w, I have drained the batteries, recharged to full and they are lasting 2.5-3 hours at FULL brightness.

Are you dimming the brightness to get 6 hours? Because I am guessing that you are hence doubling the light time.
DJ Guayo 11:12 PM - 30 August, 2016
Quote:
Like I asked above...are you using full brightness or are you dimming it?

I have 7 of these lights built the exact same way you to, 18x1w, I have drained the batteries, recharged to full and they are lasting 2.5-3 hours at FULL brightness.

Are you dimming the brightness to get 6 hours? Because I am guessing that you are hence doubling the light time.

Which battery did you get? They are getting 6 hours out of 9800mah batteries.
Dj_Nix 12:49 AM - 31 August, 2016
I'm in the market for the lights now (I know I'm late lol) the seller I saved ran out. Any eBay recommendations? I saw some for like 18/light
d:raf 12:18 AM - 21 October, 2016
I got a couple of these lights that y'all listed long ago; now I'm trying to connect them to a small lighting board (A Chauvet Obey 3) but once I connect the board, all the blue LEDs go off (the red and green work fine). I tried it with a couple of the same board and the result is the same. Is there a specific setting on the light I should be using for dmx control?
Dj MacMillz 1:27 AM - 21 October, 2016
I think these are 7ch lights, so that 3 ch controller will have wonky results.
Dj_Nix 2:53 PM - 24 October, 2016
So after using the cheap Chinese lights for my first time. I can definitely see the need of the batteries. Especially since these don't have the power pass-through like the OEM lights would have.

Iirc there was a post where someone made them work with a remote ir blaster or something. Is that true?
Joee 3:04 PM - 24 October, 2016
Quote:
i'll post detailed pics & instructions on sunday

it could be as simple as disconnecting turning it around and putting it back in ,think changing a batteries positive & negative connection

Quote:
Quote:

correct

Quote:
I think that be my problem..the DC from the battery connected to the power cord is not getting thru the internals of the pcb

you bypass the plug with the connector, do you see the black connector in the pic? notice were its connected

s1285.photobucket.com

s1285.photobucket.com

Quote:
Quote:

you can literally remove all the guts of the light especially the fan, that will improve battery life

s1285.photobucket.com

&

www.amazon.com

when you go this route everything is plug and play , you will not need to but this www.ebay.com

basically the little light controller plugs into the led light plate on the cheap $20 ebay light, the light controller has two wires sticking out of it, one excepts the battery & the other is a IR sensor for the remote

if your not in a rush give me a week or two i will post pics for you to see with detailed instructions, its pretty simple tho
 6 7:32 PM - 24 October, 2016
Quote:
So after using the cheap Chinese lights for my first time. I can definitely see the need of the batteries. Especially since these don't have the power pass-through like the OEM lights would have.

Iirc there was a post where someone made them work with a remote ir blaster or something. Is that true?

Huh? These do have the power pass-through like the OEM lights.

nm
Dj_Nix 10:42 PM - 24 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Huh? These do have the power pass-through like the OEM lights.

nm

Na mine don't. I must have the super cheap, cheap kind. Send me a link to your seller so I can watch their listings, I want to buy another 16 in a month or so.
Dj_Nix 10:42 PM - 24 October, 2016
Oh and thanks for the directions joeee
 6 10:46 PM - 24 October, 2016
Dj_Nix 10:49 PM - 24 October, 2016
Quote:
www.ebay.com

I don't see a power pass through on the pictures. Can you verify? I see the dmx but not power
 6 10:55 PM - 24 October, 2016
Oh shit... You're right. Let me see which ones I ordered from. My lights don't have a cable that's attached to the light. It comes off.

BRB

nm
 6 11:02 PM - 24 October, 2016
I check my order history. The seller I bought mine from was this guy

www.ebay.com

He doesn't have any of the ones I bought for sale just by looking at what he's selling right now.

nm
DJ Exhale 6:37 AM - 1 December, 2016
You guys are awesome! Thanks for this post. I will be attempting to make these this month. I already have 12 of the 18x3w LED pars. Is there a huge difference between the 1w or 3w as far as brightness goes? I can still return mine since the 1W consumes less battery based on your posts.

Thanks!

-DJ Exhale
Smoodoperator 4:47 AM - 28 March, 2017
I did it! Thanks for the post. I will be showing pictures soon!
Bidandy 10:42 PM - 16 June, 2017
Do you need a power inverter to make the lights work? Mine just won't work on a direct plug into the battery method.
Smoodoperator 9:27 PM - 18 June, 2017
No power inverter is needed. You have to bypass the transformer circut board. you will notice 2 wires black red that leave the board. use those wires to connect your plug
Bidandy 11:10 PM - 18 June, 2017
Yup I found some pics and got it last night. Thanks for the response! Got a solid 8 hours of em very impressed!
DJ Repeatable 10:19 PM - 10 November, 2017
Ok I got the battery pack,adapter, but the par you listed at top of discussion was sold out so I got this one rover.ebay.com
Haven’t been able to get any power yet from battery pack yet ....tried reversing positive and negative but still no luck. The chord w this light is a three prong plug could that be an issue? Any help would be great
DJ Repeatable 6:04 AM - 16 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
i'll post detailed pics & instructions on
sunday

Quote:
Quote:

correct

I’d love to see some pics. I bought the original specs at the top of the post but had to get a diff light.
I was able to get it to power on w fan and back led lights working but that’s about it.
I’ll try the amazon ir remote route next.
Have you had any issues w over heating after removing the fan?

Quote:

s1285.photobucket.com

s1285.photobucket.com

Quote:
Quote:

s1285.photobucket.com

&

www.amazon.com

Somelightingdude 1:52 AM - 15 January, 2018
So. Once you replace the power cord with the adapter can you still plug the light into a wall socket or is the light now officially only battery powered?
The X-MAN 4:16 AM - 24 February, 2018
Quote:
So. Once you replace the power cord with the adapter can you still plug the light into a wall socket or is the light now officially only battery powered?

That's is a very good question. I just got a pair of rgbw uplights at a Max 24w battery consumption. So I figure the battery will last at least 8 hours. But I was thinking that the power board is a 12v output, so I am assuming that you possibly could rig the battery charge port to the the power out of the power board of the that is in the light itself. It’s a working theory, but again, not an electrician.
CornerstoneDrew 8:06 AM - 5 March, 2018
I tried the 7x10w lights.

www.ebay.com

Even plugged into a wall, they suck. They're dimmer than my 25w ADJ Tri Par Profile Plus lights. Moreover, it's 24v to the PCB, so they would run at half power on 12v batteries. I want something super bright that will cut through daylight since most venues in Tahoe have tons of windows overlooking the lake. I may try the 54w pars people have talked about on this thread since they're less than $14 now. I have a 20,000mAh battery, but I'm guessing it will only last 4 to 5 hours.
The Times 8:40 PM - 5 March, 2018
I love this concept,
I saw one person Ask, Is it possible to get these batteries to work on s standard 100V+ AC cable.
Thats what I would be interested in.
CornerstoneDrew 8:46 PM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:
I love this concept,
I saw one person Ask, Is it possible to get these batteries to work on s standard 100V+ AC cable.
Thats what I would be interested in.

That's not possible. These batteries don't have inverters to convert the current from DC to AC. Once you add that, things get expensive. It's much cheaper to run power straight to the PCB and keep the current DC.
The Times 8:49 PM - 5 March, 2018
Thanks,
Bummer then. I may have to do this. Or just shell out and get the pricey wireless lights.
I may just wait until 2019 though when all this tech is considerably less expensive, and more capacity ;)
Technology always moves forward...and quick
Joee 8:52 PM - 5 March, 2018
i stoped using these lights, i now use these ..can be had for $120 each, they work great for my needs
www.chauvetdj.com
CornerstoneDrew 9:24 PM - 5 March, 2018
Oh wow. Thanks for letting us know, Joee. Since you consider these a better investment than the lights from China, I'll give up trying to make this project work. Much appreciated.
Joee 10:22 PM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:
Oh wow. Thanks for letting us know, Joee. Since you consider these a better investment than the lights from China, I'll give up trying to make this project work. Much appreciated.

dont get me wrong they work great.....yes there no super bright...but they get the gob done for $55/$60...i just wanted something simpler to use

heres a video of them
Watchwww.youtube.com