Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Poor Sound Quality In Serato ??

Johnny H 7:36 PM - 13 August, 2015
I have just purchased a Pioneer SX2 Controller and thus I'm very new to searto

I previously used traktor and a audio 6 sound card, the sound quality in traktor with this sound card has been acceptable, not perfect.

I tend to use mainly flacs if can, some of my music is mp3

At the moment I have not used the sx2 controller as I have been processing all my music in searto and analyzing many many files.

I understand that with out the controller connected I have a very limited version of searto, just suitable for processing the music collection. I also understand that searto in this mode uses the computer sound card.

I am finding listening to the newly imported music in this mode is very dull sounding, the quality is very poor. If listing to the same music in winamp it's much brighter and better sounding, much wider frequency range and fuller dynamics.

Not sure why the sound is so poor in the limited mode of serato, I hoping and praying that when the controller is connect the sound will improve dramatically.

Is this normal and is sound much more compressed and dull sounding when serarto is in this mode.

Thanks in advance
Laz219 1:51 AM - 14 August, 2015
Is winamp applying any kind of EQ/processing to the files?
Johnny H 6:00 AM - 14 August, 2015
No eq is being applied in wing amp

Regards
maarawoe 10:11 AM - 14 August, 2015
Not sure if the Winamp playback is transparent....
Johnny H 10:18 AM - 14 August, 2015
I am only giving Winamp as an example, it seems the sound coming from Serato on via onboard sound card is dull, no crisp top end / dynamics

Regards
maarawoe 10:40 AM - 14 August, 2015
Outputing the sound from the onboard soundcard is not the main propose of this app and to be honest there are more critical aspects (and issues to be fixed) than the sound quality of the offline player.
The offline player is meant for the track preparation and not for serving as a media player for listening your tunes.
I doubt there are many people worrying the sound quality of the offline player from the built in soundcard :-)
samsistema 6:17 PM - 20 March, 2017
Hey the problem is Serato DJ defenatley. I Play the same high quality tracks in my studio on my Focal studio monitors through different software players and the through Serato.
On both I use the Pioneer DDJ SX2 as sound card. The sound quality is good on any player accept on Serato. And yes of cause I tried all buffer sized, all gain settings in sera to. manually on every deck and so on but it's ALWAYS bad on Serato. Sorry but doesn't work for professional djs anymore. Serato DJ has become a mainstream software.
Johnny H 7:09 AM - 21 March, 2017
Hello

Been starting this for a few years, nothing has ever improved, even had an indepth argument with very stupid people on this site that swares blind there is nothing flawed in the sound quality lol

I too have an RME studio setup and the serato sound quality is flawed, when comparing it to other audio software. I think it has improved slightly but still noticeable. Just learned to live with it now but it really does amaze me!
Thank
DJSCIASCIA 4:12 PM - 21 March, 2017
It has been long discussed here.

serato.com