Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

i7 with bad waveforms?

Undersky 6:20 AM - 5 August, 2015
Why is it that I can play games on my laptop like League of Legends with graphics maxed with 100 frames per second but waveforms in Serato are not smooth? In fact they are smoother when setting the max to 50fps instead of 60. Why does it get even worse when setting it to 60 frames? Whats going on with this?

I have an Levono y510p with i7 and dedicated graphics.
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:40 AM - 5 August, 2015
This has always been an issue and something Serato has no interest or time or money they want to put into fixing it. So it just sits in there bug tracker collecting +1s

And this has been moaned about since SSL came out.

I don't think we will ever see a fix. They are smoother on Mac osx than windows but are still glitchy on both operating systems.
Davideon 8:03 AM - 5 August, 2015
Quote:
This has always been an issue and something Serato has no interest or time or money they want to put into fixing it. So it just sits in there bug tracker collecting +1s

I don't think we will ever see a fix. They are smoother on Mac osx than windows but are still glitchy on both operating systems.

I saw a post by a serato rep ( Aaron or Samuel) yesterday saying this issue is being worked on and they hope to have it resolved in an update very soon
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:01 AM - 5 August, 2015
WOW! That does come as a shock also about bloody time lol 12years later.....
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:16 PM - 5 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Seems like a pretty generic response that'll tide people over....... I'll believe it when I see it.

I saw a post by a serato rep ( Aaron or Samuel) yesterday saying this issue is being worked on and they hope to have it resolved in an update very soon
PopRoXxX 5:19 PM - 5 August, 2015
Quote:
WOW! That does come as a shock also about bloody time lol 12years later.....

LMAO! Yes!!!
Victor Matyjasik 6:17 AM - 11 October, 2017
2017, still not fixed, RIP
Prestoe 7:01 AM - 11 October, 2017
On the other hand Virtual DJ runs smooth as silk 60fps. You can also pick the programs native FPS in the options.

I use both regularly and the difference is huge, Serato seems to have become worse in the last year or so.

Just sayin
Victor Matyjasik 8:04 AM - 11 October, 2017
yeah bro fking audiowaves playing at 60fps on my 144hz computer monitor. Its so disgusting to watch and giving headaches, looks like im using a software from year 2002, It would be so easy to fix like they just have to implement a line-code to do that so dumb I still cant believe its not available yet
Jawatricks 6:38 PM - 11 October, 2017
Man I thought I was the only guy having this issue! I contacted support some month (years?) ago and they told me they were working on it. Still have hope! :) Btw I'm on an i7 7th gen, 32Gb flash mem so definitly not a hardware issue.
DjSyndic8 10:26 PM - 11 October, 2017
Quote:
Man I thought I was the only guy having this issue! I contacted support some month (years?) ago and they told me they were working on it. Still have hope! :) Btw I'm on an i7 7th gen, 32Gb flash mem so definitly not a hardware issue.

reason why I switched to a Mac just to get that smooth waveform, you could have a very high end laptop and still have jittery waveforms
Andrei Matei 3:59 AM - 4 November, 2017
SSL 2.5 or SDJ 1.7.8 (or older) are smooth on Macs 2012 or newer. Anything newer than 1.7.8 is awful. No one is explaining why they changed the graphics engine in 1.8+ and ruined everything. Maybe to prep for retina-enabled GUI in 2.0?