Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Mixtrack Pro II as a soundcard for CDJs 2000 (& Nexus)

hlvks 3:27 AM - 17 June, 2015
Hello, so I've been using Serato DJ with my Mixtrack pro 2 when DJing but next month I'm playing two gigs. One will have CDJs 2000 Nexus and the other one regular 2000s. Can my Mixtrack work as a Serato hardware which is requred to use CDJs to control Serato in HID mode? And if so, how should I connect it? And which things should I keep my eye on? Thanks for your help.
AlxRyde 4:20 AM - 17 June, 2015
I'm pretty sure the Pioneer setup (assuming there's a DJM-900 or something in there as well) has a far far far better audio quality circuit than your MP2. Ideally you'd be running Club Kit or an SL box in that location. The nice thing about Serato is that if you plug into the new setup, all your crates will just work natively out of the box.

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work with a MP2 + 2 CDJ's though. You might need to install drivers though. Search for "CDJ-2000" on this part of the site and it should point you in the right direction : serato.com
deejdave 1:07 AM - 18 June, 2015
Short answer yes you should be able to use the CDJ-2000's in HID while using the MP2.

I am able to do this with the SX so I don't see why not.