Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SDJ 1.7.6 Beta ??

musiclee 7:27 PM - 19 May, 2015
will there be one?
what's next on the SDJ list?
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:11 AM - 20 May, 2015
looking at the download history .5 is the highest they have gone so far with a release for sdj, i'm guessing 1.8 next as 1.7.5 was just released for the 57mk2,

also sdj 1.4 must have been so shit they don't even have it available to download
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 12:23 AM - 20 May, 2015
Quote:
also sdj 1.4 must have been so shit they don't even have it available to download

Positive as usual! There was no 1.4 release, we went straight to 1.5 as that release we considered to be a major milestone for Serato DJ (introducing DVS support).
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:45 AM - 20 May, 2015
if it was that major why not jump to 2.0
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:07 AM - 20 May, 2015
Because skipping from 1.3 to 2.0 is absolutely bonkers mate.
musiclee 3:35 AM - 20 May, 2015
Looking forward to 1.8
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:57 AM - 20 May, 2015
Me too!
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:27 AM - 20 May, 2015
Quote:
Because skipping from 1.3 to 2.0 is absolutely bonkers mate.

No more bonkers then skipping 1.4 you dizzy rascles
Philmixit 10:51 AM - 20 May, 2015
Hi Michael_R, first thing you guys are doing a fantastic JOB!!
Since I have been using 1.7.5 I had no problem,
the people who are haveing problem,yes need some help,

to you
The_Return_of_Dj_Sparky
it will be nice to have some compassion, you speak like you can do some thing difference,can you try to help instead being so condescending.

I am Looking forward for 1.8

Thanks to the team work of SERATO, very nice job I love the software.
musiclee 8:06 PM - 20 May, 2015
Michael R

what's to be expected with the upcoming 1.8?
A_Jack 9:50 PM - 20 May, 2015
I'm guessing 1.8 will be released by the end of June (I hope so!). It will be a very interesting release for sure.
musiclee 3:09 AM - 21 May, 2015
I hope 1.8 fixes the poor contrast on the side scroll bars
Ste H 8:34 AM - 21 May, 2015
I hope they have re-designed or re-tweeked the waveforms so they run super smooth across screen rather than this jumpy issue. looking forward to it.
DJ Tecniq 8:38 AM - 21 May, 2015
I don't really care for the 1.8 versions cause hopefully by 2.0 all these issues will be fixed so that's what I'm waiting for. Should be as solid as SSL 2.5👍🏻
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:03 PM - 21 May, 2015
Quote:
I don't really care for the 1.8 versions

But you don't even know what's in it? Scratch Live 1.8 was great!
maarawoe 8:34 AM - 22 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

You already do?
Hope some library improvements will take their place........
BleedR 1:23 PM - 22 May, 2015
No matter which version, I would love to see a release that optimises and fixes bugs. This would be a great step forward!
Nick Sheldon 10:38 PM - 23 May, 2015
Day & Night mode. That is all. :)
Ragman 12:58 AM - 24 May, 2015
I just reinvested in a new NS7 for dirt cheap and it plays a whole helluva lot better on SDJ than Itch (on a Windows lappy at that). Also NS7 and AFX is a match made in DJ heaven.
Marine 5:22 PM - 24 May, 2015
Being able to choose the primary decks so if using a ddjsz or using a ddjsx2 you would be able to mix video with turntables instead of being limited to only being able to mix video with the controller
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:59 PM - 24 May, 2015
Quote:
You already do?

I hear things...
Dj Mikey d 2:11 AM - 25 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
You already do?

I hear things...

Anything you can share?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:03 AM - 25 May, 2015
I'm afraid not! I'm just being cheeky and trying to be vague on purpose :D
DJ Compiler 4:09 AM - 25 May, 2015
Can't wait, Michael R. 1.x updates are much appreciated. Always nice to have the Serato gods answer your prayers. Lol
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:17 AM - 25 May, 2015
Quote:
Always nice to have the Serato gods answer your prayers. Lol

We try our best sir :)
Ste H 7:41 AM - 25 May, 2015
When is a Beta going out for 1.8? ;)
maarawoe 8:25 AM - 25 May, 2015
Quote:
I'm afraid not! I'm just being cheeky and trying to be vague on purpose :D

Tssssss..... :-D
Mr. Goodkat 8:16 PM - 25 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

1.92 was great.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:39 PM - 25 May, 2015
Quote:
Tssssss..... :-D

;)

Quote:
1.92 was great.

It sure was! I still meet people who only use 1.9.2 and won't go to another version.
Philmixit 1:19 AM - 1 June, 2015
What's new with Serato this Month, we will see may be 1.7.6 or 1.8, looking forward for what every it is!!!!
Ste H 7:42 PM - 1 June, 2015
Seeing as they are being really quiet about this I cant see it being a major release, because they would drag that on for months with betas haha, so its probably just a little sudden update.
BleedR 7:10 AM - 2 June, 2015
They should do only Bug fixing atm!
They have Work for months!
SiRocket 4:57 AM - 3 June, 2015
I'm looking forward to the Sticker Sync / Lock issues being fixed that Ian and I discussed over the last 3 months.

Don't get me started on the Retina crash on exit issues either ;)

Hoping for some love from the "stability" gods, on the real!
DJ P... Da don 1:45 PM - 3 June, 2015
Would love it to be able to export to USB/CDJs ala rekordbox
Fix the issue when a track is labeled as played right away when using a DJM900
Smooth weaveform
It's buggy when dealing with 2 CDJs and 2 Technics at the same time :(
DJ Compiler 1:55 PM - 3 June, 2015
y
Quote:
Would love it to be able to export to USB/CDJs ala rekordbox
Fix the issue when a track is labeled as played right away when using a DJM900
Smooth weaveform
It's buggy when dealing with 2 CDJs and 2 Technics at the same time :(

You can drag a crate to a thumb drive in Serato's file tab and say copy. I believe that's the export option you're looking for
DJ P... Da don 2:25 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

You can drag a crate to a thumb drive in Serato's file tab and say copy. I believe that's the export option you're looking for

As in exporting cue points and things of that nature
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:29 PM - 3 June, 2015
?
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:29 PM - 3 June, 2015
what are you looking to do just export the cue points from a track? that doesn't make much sense
DJ P... Da don 3:34 PM - 3 June, 2015
So I have my tracks plus cue points, loops and what not.
Would love to be able to export that data in a way that rekordbox would be able to read it, eliminating the need of having to use rekordbox when exporting data to be used on CDJs

Yes i know how to export crates and what not, just looking for that little extra and cut rekordbox off my life lol
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:40 PM - 3 June, 2015
You will be able to soon with Rekord Buddy 2.0 when it's released.
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:41 PM - 3 June, 2015
Heres the link nextaudiolabs.com
maarawoe 9:00 PM - 3 June, 2015
If its released..... Announced nearly year ago but still nothing. I am getting pretty skeptic..
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:32 PM - 3 June, 2015
check the link for updated info on 2.0 only downside is its going to be a monthly payment to use it.... no idea how much.
deejdave 2:22 PM - 4 June, 2015
It still says the "at the time of this entry....................." thing correct? No other updates I can see. It has said that for quite a while.

As far as a 1.7.6 Beta here you go serato.com It is JUST for the megalatency issue at this point but you will notice it IS called SDJ 1.7.6 Build 1. For all we know they may collect the data and use it for 1.8.................... or even 2.0 but EVERY person in this thread knows there will be NO (accurate) prior information in terms of what we can specifically expect in the future releases. One must read between the lines which is exactly what can be done after clicking the above link.
deejdave 2:35 PM - 4 June, 2015
Just saw on the FB page that public beta will be this summer :)
DJ Compiler 2:37 PM - 4 June, 2015
Can you link where they said that?
deejdave 2:44 PM - 4 June, 2015
On their FB page as mentioned above. www.facebook.com May 22nd at 5:15 am

"Final day of @IMSibiza and your last chance to see Rekord Buddy 2.0 in action before the public beta this summer."
DJ Compiler 2:48 PM - 4 June, 2015
Oh my mistake I thought you meant Serato.
deejdave 2:48 PM - 4 June, 2015
All good :)
deejdave 3:07 PM - 4 June, 2015
I am hoping the beta is free access so if/when (most likely a when as betas go) something goes wrong we don't get TOO upset. My advice for ANYONE getting involved is if you were to open your laptop today and everything was gone and you had NO way of getting everything back on your own............... this may not be the best beta to get involved with.

RekordBuddy is 100% involved with library work and a vast majority of actions taken are permanent especially when it comes to tagging. If the software were to re-tag your enitre collection and you were forced to re-tag one by one again this may not be the beta to get involved with.

I am sure most here can grab the point I am trying to make but it's ALL about backups here.
djcrap 3:09 PM - 4 June, 2015
Quote:
It still says the "at the time of this entry....................." thing correct? No other updates I can see. It has said that for quite a while.

As far as a 1.7.6 Beta here you go serato.com It is JUST for the megalatency issue at this point but you will notice it IS called SDJ 1.7.6 Build 1. For all we know they may collect the data and use it for 1.8.................... or even 2.0 but EVERY person in this thread knows there will be NO (accurate) prior information in terms of what we can specifically expect in the future releases. One must read between the lines which is exactly what can be done after clicking the above link.

Smsh you need to be kicked out of serato is private invite circle of trust!
Is all am going to say and i second the motion.
deejdave 3:11 PM - 4 June, 2015
It is a public beta..................................................................
deejdave 3:13 PM - 4 June, 2015
Would you care to explain what private invite circle you are speaking of?
deejdave 9:21 PM - 4 June, 2015
BTW

serato.com

Posted by Jamie W from Seratoin the public forum....................
Massimo T 2:29 PM - 5 June, 2015
How about some QHD + 4K HI RES support this would be nice since were living in 2015 what do you guys think ................ since mac is more important they support retina but not windows
deejdave 2:47 PM - 5 June, 2015
They actually do NOT support Retina officially. There ARE pages to make things better but official HQ or HD Retina support is not available for SDJ.

support.serato.com
deejdave 2:47 PM - 5 June, 2015
But YES I agree Retina at the very least should be supported as well as 4K and all other High Res screens being released.
Massimo T 3:03 PM - 5 June, 2015
I was saying when you install sdj on a retina mac the scalling is great buy my xps with almost the same res its look so small and tiny i cant see nothing i have to down scall the res to use it ...................................................
deejdave 3:06 PM - 5 June, 2015
I hear ya. Has been the same experience for me but believe it or not there are SDJ users who are claiming that whatever the "scaling" is (even after using the linked tip above) does not suit their wants.

That bad though huh on your XPS? Could you possibly take a picture of your screen as I am curious. Obviously with your phone or external camera as a screen shot wouldn't work LOL.
Massimo T 3:13 PM - 5 June, 2015
I dont know how to post a picture but imagine the play head that were all used too being 1 inch big no joke (virtual wheel that spins)
deejdave 3:17 PM - 5 June, 2015
WOW. That's not inconvenient. That is borderline unusable. Are the edges at least sharp? Not that that makes it useable I am just curious.
Massimo T 3:18 PM - 5 June, 2015
sharp???
deejdave 3:19 PM - 5 June, 2015
Yeah like the text but more curious on the borderlines and edges. Are the blurry or crisp?
Massimo T 3:24 PM - 5 June, 2015
they are crips not blurry
Mr. Goodkat 11:35 PM - 6 June, 2015
Quote:

Smsh you need to be kicked out of serato is private invite circle of trust!
Is all am going to say and i second the motion.
ral 2:45 PM - 8 June, 2015
please fix rane ttm57 mk2 instant double bug!
Massimo T 1:08 PM - 9 June, 2015
Quote:
Smsh
?????
deejdave 2:44 PM - 9 June, 2015
I was too confused by this. Smacking My S_____ Head. (Fill in blank)
Nick Sheldon 3:11 PM - 9 June, 2015
So many super heroes....
Massimo T 3:23 PM - 9 June, 2015
Hope your not saying that about my comments like i said searto needs hd screen support at least
Nick Sheldon 4:10 PM - 9 June, 2015
S m s h
boogiebears 11:10 PM - 10 June, 2015
Quote:

What kind of bug are you having?
Serato, Support
Jamie W 11:14 PM - 10 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

What kind of bug are you having?

Also keen to know this :)
BiggTone408 12:18 AM - 16 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Positive as usual! There was no 1.4 release, we went straight to 1.5 as that release we considered to be a major milestone for Serato DJ (introducing DVS support).

Hahaha