Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Anyone else experiencing crashing in Serato DJ 1.7.4

Mick Swell 9:45 PM - 18 April, 2015
I was at my usual in-store gig and was in the middle of my set. Using Serato DJ 1.7.4 on Mac OSX 10.10.2 and a rane 62. The music just stopped, the decks stopped spinning, and got the spinning colorful, just hanging. I was forced to use Scratch Live, it always runs solid, never have had an issue with Scratch Live. But I cant use it forever. Ive had many instances where Serato DJ has crashed like this, it actually happened in 1.7.3, but I thought by now the stability would have been fixed. I have submitted a support ticket. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue.
Dj Mikey d 3:41 AM - 19 April, 2015
I was playing last night and the same thing happened to me.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:53 PM - 19 April, 2015
Hey there, i'd contact support for help! support.serato.com
Dj Mikey d 11:56 PM - 19 April, 2015
Quote:
Hey there, i'd contact support for help! support.serato.com

I did this yesterday. Hoping for a reply soon! I wonder if it's a problem common to mac os x 10.10.3 users
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:57 PM - 19 April, 2015
Cool, the team is just back in the office from the weekend so will get back to you shortly!

sam.
Dj Mikey d 1:09 AM - 20 April, 2015
Quote:
Cool, the team is just back in the office from the weekend so will get back to you shortly!

sam.

If I replied to the email that was sent to me will the serato team get it. I wanted to add something to my support request but I don't know where to find it online
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:22 AM - 20 April, 2015
You should be able to just reply to the email that you received with your help ticket reference and it should add this to the ticket.
dJ Jkey 5:14 PM - 20 April, 2015
Last night 2 hours into my set crash complete sound drop out and never recovered until I reset the serato smh ns7 2 macbook pro i5 2.9 16gb ram running osx 10.9
it all started with first sign platters acting funny having slow start then I heard a pop sound after that and went haywire Plus they still haven't fixed the problem middle of the track song like to jump forward or backward
Mick Swell 5:58 PM - 20 April, 2015
I don't think its just 10.10.3 because I experienced it in 10.10.2. Hopefully the team can shed some light on the issue.
DJ Dysfunktion 9:28 PM - 20 April, 2015
I've had the same problem with my NS7. I played at a gig for 4 hours and had the sound drop out 3 times. Each time I shut down Serato DJ, repowered up my NS7 and turned on Serato DJ again. When this happens, Serato still shows that the waveforms are still moving, my platters and volume LEDs are still showing, but no sound.
Dj Mikey d 9:30 PM - 20 April, 2015
So clearly this is a big problem and it's happening to a lot of users. I think I will go back to 1.7.3 as it didn't give me any dropout/crashing problems for now.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:20 PM - 20 April, 2015
Have you guys been in touch with support at all? I'd highly recommend as they can help find out what's wrong. If there is any issue, we can also identify exactly what it is and get it in development to be fixed.

support.serato.com
Dj Mikey d 10:23 PM - 20 April, 2015
Quote:
Have you guys been in touch with support at all? I'd highly recommend as they can help find out what's wrong. If there is any issue, we can also identify exactly what it is and get it in development to be fixed.

support.serato.com

They still haven't answered me. They must be busy
BleedR 10:37 PM - 20 April, 2015
I would appreciate it if you would post what the results of the support discussion would be!
Dj Mikey d 10:44 PM - 20 April, 2015
Quote:
I would appreciate it if you would post what the results of the support discussion would be!

You got it.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:57 PM - 20 April, 2015
Hey everyone,

This NS7 audio drop issue has been fixed in a small update we've released today, Serato DJ 1.7.5.

This update is primarily to add support for the Rane TTM57mkII which is shipping today but this single bug has also been fixed for NS7 users.

serato.com

Sam.
Dj Mikey d 12:32 AM - 21 April, 2015
Quote:
Hey everyone,

This NS7 audio drop issue has been fixed in a small update we've released today, Serato DJ 1.7.5.

This update is primarily to add support for the Rane TTM57mkII which is shipping today but this single bug has also been fixed for NS7 users.

serato.com

Sam.

What about the issue regarding the SZ that i was having? Is this the same problem as the NS7?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:43 AM - 21 April, 2015
It was only this specific bug with the NS7 that was logged and addressed sorry. The primary reason for the update was to add support for the TTM57mkII.

In terms of the issue you've had with your DDJ-SZ i'd continue to talk with the support team to find out what's going on.

Sam.
Dj Mikey d 12:49 AM - 21 April, 2015
Quote:
It was only this specific bug with the NS7 that was logged and addressed sorry. The primary reason for the update was to add support for the TTM57mkII.

In terms of the issue you've had with your DDJ-SZ i'd continue to talk with the support team to find out what's going on.

Sam.

Could it be the problem I was having was not a hardware specific problem but had to do with the build of the software I was using?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:04 AM - 21 April, 2015
As i've mentioned, the support team will need to look at your system to identify what's happening and help you resolve this.

Let me know your help ticket reference if you're waiting for a response and i'll follow it up.

Sam.
Dj Mikey d 1:07 AM - 21 April, 2015
Quote:
As i've mentioned, the support team will need to look at your system to identify what's happening and help you resolve this.

Let me know your help ticket reference if you're waiting for a response and i'll follow it up.

Sam.

Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:10 AM - 21 April, 2015
Cool, will look into it Mikey.

Sam.
Futuretek 4:02 AM - 21 April, 2015
Same thing for me. Ive never had a single crash ever with anything serato until last Saturday night in front of a crowd using 1.7.4.
mr187 4:15 AM - 21 April, 2015
Quote:
Same thing for me. Ive never had a single crash ever with anything serato until last Saturday night in front of a crowd using 1.7.4.

ouch no crash for me just didn't work at all for me gonna try 1.7.5 2nite
Supagee 7:07 PM - 21 April, 2015
Last night when i used 1.7.4 and plugged into SL4 box i got kernel pack crashes twice i did that and it straight up crashed my computer.
BiggTone408 12:03 AM - 22 April, 2015
Quote:

How long were you playing for until that happened?
mr187 12:38 AM - 22 April, 2015
I think It have something to do with the sucky way 1.74 and 1.75 handle USB devices. I could be wrong but it seem like all the problem start when I do something with a usb device.
BiggTone408 2:54 AM - 22 April, 2015
F this...used 1.7.3 till I see positive feedback for 1.7.4/5... I am at my gig now
Dj Mikey d 3:56 AM - 22 April, 2015
Quote:

Just got an email back of them saying it was probably caused by the track I played or the track location. I was instructed to repair my disc permissions and repair my external drive in disc utility. Also to delete my corrupt files. I haven't been able to try and reproduce this.

It's hard to believe that it's being cause by my music on my external drive when so many people are having crashing problems. At this point I don't know.
mr187 4:18 AM - 22 April, 2015
Quote:
F this...used 1.7.3 till I see positive feedback for 1.7.4/5... I am at my gig now

stay on 1.7.3 trust me.

Quote:
Quote:

Just got an email back of them saying it was probably caused by the track I played or the track location. I was instructed to repair my disc permissions and repair my external drive in disc utility. Also to delete my corrupt files. I haven't been able to try and reproduce this.

It's hard to believe that it's being cause by my music on my external drive when so many people are having crashing problems. At this point I don't know.

they told me the same thing but the same songs work on vdj. as a matter of fact I tried 2 4tb externals on vdj 8 and it worked just fine there is 3tb of music and videos on each one they are duplicates but it handled it vdj 8 got its sh*t together.
mr187 4:27 AM - 22 April, 2015
oh yeah 1.7.5 ruined my database file, I let 1.7.5 rebuild it no dice went back to 1.7.3 back perfect only problem I have on 1.7.3 is hotplug or turning the ns7 off and back on with 1.7.3 running everything else purfect.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:28 AM - 22 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

It might not be the cause, it could be though.

As it's hard to replicate crashes, we need to test what's going on in your system to remove variables and narrow the cause down.

I'd try that out as a corrupt file or a bad sector on a drive can definitely cause issues.

If it's something specific that's happening to a large proportion of users across the board, we can usually see this in our direct crash reporting which goes straight to development, which our team will prioritise and fix based on seriousness.

I know it can be frustrating but our support team are really there to help out. We don't want anyone sitting there unable to DJ!

sam.
mr187 4:30 AM - 22 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It might not be the cause, it could be though.

As it's hard to replicate crashes, we need to test what's going on in your system to remove variables and narrow the cause down.

I'd try that out as a corrupt file or a bad sector on a drive can definitely cause issues.

If it's something specific that's happening to a large proportion of users across the board, we can usually see this in our direct crash reporting which goes straight to development, which our team will prioritise and fix based on seriousness.

I know it can be frustrating but our support team are really there to help out. We don't want anyone sitting there unable to DJ!

sam.

what if there is no crash but just not working ?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:54 AM - 22 April, 2015
It could be any number of factors. It could be a driver conflict on your machine, it could be a bad cable, it could be something wrong with the software.

The point is, we need to troubleshoot with you to find out if we can't reproduce it reliably here.

We're here to help out!

sam.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:48 PM - 22 April, 2015
The ns7 loss of audio also happens with 1.7.3 it is fixed in 1.7.5 so i would really use that guys.

Workaround is when you power up the ns7 and have it connected to sdj is to turn the jogs 360c before playing a track.
mr187 3:50 PM - 22 April, 2015
Quote:
The ns7 loss of audio also happens with 1.7.3 it is fixed in 1.7.5 so i would really use that guys.

Workaround is when you power up the ns7 and have it connected to sdj is to turn the jogs 360c before playing a track.

but when you plug in or unplug any usb device serato freeze like flash drive or phone for charging audio disappear. in 1.7.3 you can plug in a phone or usb without audio disappear .
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:01 PM - 22 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

but when you plug in or unplug any usb device serato freeze like flash drive or phone for charging audio disappear. in 1.7.3 you can plug in a phone or usb without audio disappear .

Not herd of that one as i would NEVER EVER plugin and unplug those things while djing. Its just to risky.
mr187 4:09 PM - 22 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not herd of that one as i would NEVER EVER plugin and unplug those things while djing. Its just to risky.

that started in 1.7.4 weird, I thank something was changed in the large library support that messed it up. just my belief. when artist bring their material how do you play it ? thay always bring me their phone or a flash drive or memory card.
In Virtual dj I was able to do those even burn cd's as I was testing to see what it would take to make vdj unstable.
BiggTone408 5:34 PM - 22 April, 2015
Quote:

that started in 1.7.4 weird, I thank something was changed in the large library support that messed it up. just my belief. when artist bring their material how do you play it ? thay always bring me their phone or a flash drive or memory card.
In Virtual dj I was able to do those even burn cd's as I was testing to see what it would take to make vdj unstable.

That is annoying when "artists" come up to play their tracks . If you're in a position where you HAVE to play their stuff, then only accept CD media and make a temporary folder on your desktop and copy it there so you can drag it in serato
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:36 PM - 22 April, 2015
You guys should try out the betas and put all this stuff across as some these issues may have been fixed.
BiggTone408 5:36 PM - 22 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

That is annoying when "artists" come up to play their tracks . If you're in a position where you HAVE to play their stuff, then only accept CD media and make a temporary folder on your desktop and copy it there so you can drag it in serato

Professionals have a "show cd"...not a damn phone or USB device
mr187 7:59 PM - 22 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Professionals have a "show cd"...not a damn phone or USB device

right that is what i say they think it is obsolete.
Dj Mikey d 3:52 AM - 23 April, 2015
anyone else experience some crashes since updating to 1.7.5?
4mydawgz 2:46 AM - 24 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

you ever tried dj'n straight from the cd? if so how was it?
mr187 6:15 AM - 24 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

that's where the CDJ become useful.
BiggTone408 10:57 AM - 24 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No I haven't...I always import the tracks onto a desktop folder then make a subcrate in Serato then drag the files there...only thing I don't like is when the files are imported they are automatically labeled "Track 1", "Track 2", and so forth. When I'm done playing they tracks I just delete the whole folder
Rasta Four-Eyes 3:01 AM - 26 May, 2015
Just experienced a crash 3 times on my machine in one day after updating to 1.7.5 from 1.7.3. Access Google Doc to see error.

drive.google.com

This is really bad! I lost hours of work preparing for my set. Downgrading now. OMG!
Serato, Support
Ian W 3:16 AM - 26 May, 2015
Hey Rasta Four-Eyes ,

Chuck us a ticket over at support.serato.com and we can help you out with your issues there.

Regards

Ian
mr187 1:20 AM - 9 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No I haven't...I always import the tracks onto a desktop folder then make a subcrate in Serato then drag the files there...only thing I don't like is when the files are imported they are automatically labeled "Track 1", "Track 2", and so forth. When I'm done playing they tracks I just delete the whole folder

I do that sometimes also. Just hate when their cd is in bad condition. I had one rapper dude pull his show cd out his pants it had something like peanut butter and fingerprints on it he licked all around the bottom of it and wiped it on his shirt, I am like that is not going in any of my equipment. Drives me crazy when people lick on CDs and hand them to me to play.
mr187 1:46 AM - 9 July, 2015
Ok friends been Serato sick lately since being on VDJ. So I installed 1.7.6 it worked somewhat but eventually audio disappeared again :(

I am thinking if the hot plug problem gets fixed it would solve 80 percent of the problem we are having. It seems that Serato dj is somehow loosing connection with the controllers and it is like we are unplugging them and plugging them back in real fast. If we can get Serato to recover from hot plugging when we have a problem we could unplug and plugin or turn off and back on (power cycle) the controller will be much faster then rebooting or restarting Serato. I did an experiment today. Was practicing earlier today left everything on went to the store about 20 minutes later came back un paused the track it started sounding like a dirty record eventually audio disappeared. I tried to get it back was like controller not responding loaded a track on the other deck no audio waveforms moving. So at this point I started VDJ and it worked perfect in VDJ I didn't turn off the controller or exit Serato so it wasn't the controller. I hot plugged the controller at this point Serato didn't know it was unplugged but VDJ did plugged it back in VDJ recognized it right away but Serato never knew it was unplugged and didn't respond to it all but VDJ did which lead me to believe it is a hot plug issue causing the mayhem we are having.
BiggTone408 6:16 AM - 9 July, 2015
Quote:
I do that sometimes also. Just hate when their cd is in bad condition. I had one rapper dude pull his show cd out his pants it had something like peanut butter and fingerprints on it he licked all around the bottom of it and wiped it on his shirt, I am like that is not going in any of my equipment. Drives me crazy when people lick on CDs and hand them to me to play.

Hahaha that is just gross...