DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

2 of these or one of those? Reloop Neon vs Pioneer DDJ SP!

NDE 1200 2:46 PM - 19 March, 2015
Currently made the switch after 20 years of Pioneer, I now ROCK the RANE SIXTY TWO.

IF you were I, would you buy a pair of reloop neons or the pioneer ddj sp1....?

Mattie "NDE"

CAFFEINE NYC
SCORCHED CT
DJ Matty Stiles 5:18 PM - 19 March, 2015
Personally, if I had the money, I'd buy the whole damn lot.

I have the same setup as you. The sole reason I chose the pioneer over Reloop is portability and setup time. I'm not really keen on the idea of bringing 2 stands to the club, linking them, etc. I would get them for studio purposes and not gigs

I have seen peeps like trayze stack em on top of eachother , on a single understand. Which could work

Anyway that's my relatively narrow perspective
NDE 1200 5:27 PM - 19 March, 2015
YEA I've seen Trayze stack them with the 62 and use dicers. When i play out I wouldn't bring any of my stuff. I find out what they got, which is usually the whole nexus set up 9 times out of 10 and just adapt. I don't even bring my lap top, because the only way i can even slightly enjoy mixing on cdjs is with cd's. idk. I just ordered the 2 neons. (sp1 is on backorder till the 30th anyways ;)

Thanks for chiming in. Narrow perspective is fine by me, not to mention my name is Mattie too.
dj_soo 5:27 AM - 20 March, 2015
I use an SP1 and have never used a neon, but I would still choose the SP1.

Sp1 is solidly built, takes up a little less space and you get a little more controls than even 2 reloops (6 dedicated knobs for effects vs the 0 for the neon). You still get flip controls although they aren't labeled or dedicated controls.
NDE 1200 6:25 AM - 20 March, 2015
Yea I just bought the two neons. Gonna hold out on the sp1 and beat on the neons until the sp2 comes out and either get the 2 or jump on the 1 which will drop in price again. Really my mixer is plenty by itself, I just feel like treating myself. Thanks for the input my dudes
NDE 1200 9:31 AM - 20 March, 2015
...my hands are full as far as effects. Never big on effects really, except filter. The sp6 and the on board effects of the rane sixty two are plenty. I just want bigger cue buttons, give the sixty twos a rest. Plus im told the pressure sensitive pads of the neon are pretty genius. Who knows? Wouldn't be the first time I kicked myself in the ass for making a wrong play.

Just grabbed a pair of modular mounts for them off agiprodj. another $90, but at least they will sit nice behind my 12s

thanks again. New to these forums. and im enjoying them all ready.