Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

is connectiv (m-audio) workin with Serato?

DJ Rocari 9:46 AM - 8 March, 2015
is M-Audio Torq Connectiv (hardware) finally working with Serato (software) now that you have released Serato 1.7.3?

I have Macbook Pro running Yosemite

Thanks
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:46 PM - 8 March, 2015
yes
DJ Rocari 11:18 PM - 8 March, 2015
Quote:
yes

are you 100% sure Sparky? thx
DJ Rocari 11:57 PM - 8 March, 2015
OMG it works!!! i cannot believe it.. connectiv from m-audio works with serato 1.7.3 and macbook pro running yosemite... :)
DJ Rocari 12:02 AM - 9 March, 2015
but I just shows one player.. i cannot figure out where deck B is..
deejdave 12:55 AM - 9 March, 2015
I am not following why it would work at all with Serato DJ. Am I missing something here?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:26 AM - 9 March, 2015
Hi DJ Rocari,

I'm afraid DJ Sparky is winding you up, this hardware is not supported with Serato DJ.

Cheers,
Michael.
deejdave 2:22 AM - 9 March, 2015
Didn't think so until I saw DJ Rocari himself post that it DID work. That had me wondering what he actually saw/ encountered to make him think that?
DJ Rocari 2:31 AM - 9 March, 2015
thanks Michael but what is really interesting is that before, with older versions of Torq and using his audio interface Connectiv (hardware), Serato would not work AT ALL, but NOW you guys did something to Serato's software that I am able to use Connectiv as audio interface with Serato.

I can load songs and listen to them perfectly but ONLY with ONE player available.. :(

I am sure you guys can make it work with both players just like Traktor does which is fully compatible with Connective... but I like Serato better...

cheers from Mexico City

www.rocari.com
deejdave 2:39 AM - 9 March, 2015
It sounds to me like you simply have your default sound card set as the connectiv and SDJ's offline player audio is simply being heard from it. IF it was supported you would see the virtual deck/s, SP6, FX, Rec options etc all show up. You would also see two decks.
DJ Rocari 2:46 AM - 9 March, 2015
I am not making things up deejdave, new versions of Serato 1.2.4 and 1.7.3 do work with Connectiv (m-audio) but with only ONE player available.

My headphones are connected to Connectiv and I can hear perfectly the loaded song and play with it using, I REPEAT, Connectiv...

I read on another post that if I don´t have the right hardware I am able only to analyze songs and listen to them but with ONLY ONE player available... that is a fact... cheers
DJ Rocari 2:54 AM - 9 March, 2015
Matt-C from Serato said on another post:

"Konix is right - to use Scratch Live performance mode with two decks, you will need either the SL1 or SL3 hardware. These allow you to use all the functionality with the Scratch Live software."

I am sure this is now happening with Serato 1.2.4 and 1.7.3. I can do a lot of things but only with one deck.

Come on Serato crew, make Serato fully compatible with Connectiv just like Traktor does... ... "you are juts one deck away" LOL :)
deejdave 3:00 AM - 9 March, 2015
Do you have the SP6 (sampler), FX & REC etc as well as Virtual deck showing up?
Furthermore start the software without the hardware connected. Then connect the hardware. If NOTHING happens visually then there is no support whatsoever regardless of what you hear out of speakers, headphones, etc.
deejdave 3:05 AM - 9 March, 2015
Also I see the quote you posted I am just curious how we are getting two different translations of it.
Quote:
Konix is right - to use Scratch Live performance mode with two decks, you will need either the SL1 or SL3 hardware. These allow you to use all the functionality with the Scratch Live software."

Is 100% correct. As I said earlier there is no performance mode (or online as it is properly called) with only one deck. When there is only one deck that is called offline and this is available to anyone without the need to own any hardware of any kind. You do not have any of the actual performance features. You literally can not even adjust the pitch can you?
deejdave 3:09 AM - 9 March, 2015
Trust that I am not trying to crush your dreams or hopes here I am simply trying to help. If you do have the ability to adjust the pitch or have access to FX, SP6, etc. then you stumbled onto something that not even Serato knows about.
DJ Rocari 3:17 AM - 9 March, 2015
no. I don´t have SP6, FX, Rec or pitch and I quote again Matt-C "SL1 or SL3 hardware... allow you to use all the functionality with the Scratch Live software." ¿got it?

I am sure that when Serato does not detect the right hardware, this demo or performance mode with one player kicks in and allows you to analyze songs, loop them, move the grid and cue them .. ONLY among other minor things...

and I repeat, my headphones are connected to the audio interface Connectiv and I can hear perfectly the loaded song. That means that Serato is using Connectiv as its audio interface... PARTIALLY...

and I understand this perfectly from a marketing point of view... they want you to have a taste of Serato but for me this is a big mistake because ALL Torq owners (now that Torq has been discontinued) will go with Traktor, increasing Traktor´s presence on the scene which is not good for Serato.

But I really don´t know what your point is amigo. I think I made my self understood, if you don't understand my english or I don´t understand yours then we have a problem of communication or language...

so, for me, it is time to sign off but thanks for trying to help :)
DJ Rocari 3:28 AM - 9 March, 2015
"Well I'm sorry but there no demo version you can try out. One of the hardwares are required in order to "unlock" the full version and use it to its full functionality. -Konix

"Only one deck"
serato.com

but that is it. no more discussion. I was right and I understand perfectly now what is happening, I am going with Traktor, you live me with no choice... goodbye and thanks so much for your help :)
Freddles95 3:29 AM - 11 September, 2015
So does Traktor work with the M Audio conectiv as well?
Because I've just bought it and it comes with the time coded vinyls + old torq software for $30, but I want to be able to use it for relevant DJ software such as Traktor or Serato

Thanks in advance!
deejdave 3:56 AM - 11 September, 2015
Can not use with Serato or Traktor DVS. www.native-instruments.com
Laz219 5:08 AM - 11 September, 2015
Quote:
no. I don´t have SP6, FX, Rec or pitch and I quote again Matt-C "SL1 or SL3 hardware... allow you to use all the functionality with the Scratch Live software." ¿got it?

I am sure that when Serato does not detect the right hardware, this demo or performance mode with one player kicks in and allows you to analyze songs, loop them, move the grid and cue them .. ONLY among other minor things...

and I repeat, my headphones are connected to the audio interface Connectiv and I can hear perfectly the loaded song. That means that Serato is using Connectiv as its audio interface... PARTIALLY...

and I understand this perfectly from a marketing point of view... they want you to have a taste of Serato but for me this is a big mistake because ALL Torq owners (now that Torq has been discontinued) will go with Traktor, increasing Traktor´s presence on the scene which is not good for Serato.

But I really don´t know what your point is amigo. I think I made my self understood, if you don't understand my english or I don´t understand yours then we have a problem of communication or language...

so, for me, it is time to sign off but thanks for trying to help :)

Because it is utilizing the M-audio as a soundcard, the same as it would using the built in sound card.
You're just seeing the standard offline mode that is used to manage your library. As anyone can with or without any kind of hardware.
I very much doubt you'll ever see the M-audio supported, it's not a simple thing to activate DVS for a soundcard, as you can see with the limitations in which controllers can support the DVS expansion.
serkan 2:50 PM - 11 September, 2015
The original posts from "DJ Rocari" are from March. I really hope he figured out that hearing something through any sound card is still the offline player :D

Quote:

So does Traktor work with the M Audio conectiv as well?
Because I've just bought it and it comes with the time coded vinyls + old torq software for $30, but I want to be able to use it for relevant DJ software such as Traktor or Serato

As for Serato:
No it doesn't work. And I can assure you that it never will.
As for Traktor (NI):
It works as a sound card for Traktor but without DVS functionality - so no timecode records.
You should head NI forums for more detail though.
AndreiK 1:47 AM - 9 December, 2016
Quote:
As for Traktor (NI):
It works as a sound card for Traktor but without DVS functionality - so no timecode records.
You should head NI forums for more detail though.

There is a way for dvs functionality with traktor, which I figured out myself as soon as I got my Conectiv when it first came out ages ago, very simple actually.

Used to have serato sl3 but always kept the conectiv as a backup, sold the sl3 2 years ago and went back to traktor.

More than a year late, I know.