Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Vestax ITCH effects controller?

l0de 8:28 PM - 29 April, 2009
www.dj.ru

saw this on djforums, what's the official word on this sucker? Was disappointed to only see one parameter, but anything's better than nothing.
KLH 9:11 PM - 29 April, 2009
I posted that DJF after seeing this thread (on these forums):

serato.com

-KLH
Hoothoot 1:04 PM - 4 May, 2009
Please has anybody got any info on this.......its exactly what we need !!!!!!!
Kmxorbit 1:42 PM - 4 May, 2009
Quote:
Please has anybody got any info on this.......its exactly what we need !!!!!!!

We?
kraal 1:54 PM - 4 May, 2009
we spelt with a "y-o-u" :)
Kmxorbit 2:02 PM - 4 May, 2009
LOL.

Anyway, I question that we need an extra controller... the concept of itch is 1 Controller, 1 USB cable, 1 Laptop and off you go.

Efx, if implemented, should work on the existing controller, or do I see this wrong?
mrddyn 2:13 PM - 4 May, 2009
Not really IMO. They always said that what you see is what you get. So everything should be seen on the mixer and I don't think they are going to double the functions. So another small unit would make sense.
kraal 2:16 PM - 4 May, 2009
i think the shift button and the aux mic panals show that there is alot that can be added to itch
Kmxorbit 2:37 PM - 4 May, 2009
1 problem there's no real shift button on the NS7.
kraal 2:48 PM - 4 May, 2009
Quote:
1 problem there's no real shift button on the NS7.

opps i forgot that ... hmmmmm
Xylum 5:19 AM - 5 May, 2009
Quote:
Not really IMO. They always said that what you see is what you get. So everything should be seen on the mixer and I don't think they are going to double the functions. So another small unit would make sense.

That's exactly what i said like a week ago. It doesn't seem like that bad of an idea. And ehm still no info from the Serato guys >:) buahahaha. Think something leaked.
djfrancov 4:30 PM - 6 May, 2009
they are watching us talking about it...but they wont say anything...bastards..lol
Hoothoot 5:44 PM - 6 May, 2009
Bring it out we need it !!!!!!

I have Traktor and itch and use them both for differnt things,but if itch had this effects unit i could finally ditch the unstable rubbish that traktor is.
kraal 5:58 PM - 6 May, 2009
before the controller we need actual effects in itch :)
Xylum 9:08 PM - 6 May, 2009
Quote:
they are watching us talking about it...but they wont say anything...bastards..lol

lol I imagine them watching the forum laughing at our expense.

Just joking. Fx would be a nice addition but it's not at all vital. Itch is an awesome program with or without fx (if they someday do implement fx i mean).
KLH 7:09 PM - 7 May, 2009
It would be nice to hear if/when ITCH will have the same features as Scratch Live (sampler, etc.) while SAR works on incorporating effects.

-KLH
pushafire 4:20 PM - 8 May, 2009
lets post everyday into this threat until the serato guys give us an answer
Kmxorbit 8:45 PM - 8 May, 2009
I'm pretty sure they got the message already...
djfrancov 11:33 PM - 8 May, 2009
common serato...WE WANNA KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

ps i'll do again 2mrw.....
pushafire 10:30 AM - 9 May, 2009
djfrancov 3:16 PM - 9 May, 2009
Whats going on!!!!!!!!!! unity is power........yes we can!!!!!!!
pushafire 3:15 AM - 10 May, 2009
pushafire 11:35 AM - 10 May, 2009
i found this on the audiomaster website. its a pdf about the controller.
maybe some one with better englisch can contact the vestax support-

here is the link

www.audiomaster.cz
pushafire 11:59 AM - 10 May, 2009
i read in a forum in germany that vestax allready had o prototype of this controller.. they had it at the namm but not on the musikmesse in germany... but the didnt show it official...so i think maybe we have effects soon...

the reaction of the serato team speaks for itself... they cant say anything about it...not even a yes or no...
djfrancov 4:08 PM - 10 May, 2009
how much would u pay for that guys? it really sux that we have to buy more stuff for effects.
kraal 4:36 PM - 10 May, 2009
still not convenced wording is a little amaturish for a vestax pdf......
kraal 5:13 PM - 10 May, 2009
but i will say this...it may be a 'just in case' design made just in case they need to do something like release a firmware update to work with traktor or mixvibes
djfrancov 5:22 PM - 10 May, 2009
but for the sake of arguing... how much would you pay kraal?
kraal 5:41 PM - 10 May, 2009
nothing i would just not use effects
kraal 5:47 PM - 10 May, 2009
for what i do effects are not important...i already gave vestax 900.00 if i need to pay for anything else it would probably be a controller that does it all....
but let me just play along and say this... i have a nanoKontrol it cost 60.00 and feels like it cost 20.00 for i would say 99.00 is what i would be willing to shell out only if it were to work with ITCH if it is a cross platform thing then I am not interested in going back to virtual dj or messing with traktor
kraal 6:28 PM - 10 May, 2009
also that unit may be in the works and have nothing to do with the vci-300 just another vestax controller
BBN 6:58 PM - 10 May, 2009
I think it doesn't make sense to flame the Serato forums.
It's a Vestax thing, and yes it should work as an addon for the VCI-300 & ITCH.
Start creating pressure at the Vestax guys. All they need to do is produce these little gadgets quick and make sure they won't be in stores for more than 99.- Euros.
The Vestax guys started talking about VFX-1 in late December 2008, but we all know DJ-equipment allways comes out way too late. I've seen more than one item that took more than 1 or even 2 years to be in stores. Hopefully, they will get their lazy asses up at Vestax and we'll all be lucky soon.
I think Stanton showed that it's also possible to come up with some new stuff in a short time, like they did with the SCS3D and SCS3M, no matter if I like these tools or not.
kraal 7:06 PM - 10 May, 2009
but if ITCH doesnt have effects whats the point :)
kraal 7:09 PM - 10 May, 2009
but it is now on djtechtools website also ....hmmmm
Ken Scan 8:48 PM - 10 May, 2009
That PDF looks like someone just made it for some hype??
djcerla 12:06 AM - 11 May, 2009
I am not a native English speaker, but the PDF wording looks silly to me!
kraal 2:08 AM - 11 May, 2009
Quote:

completly agree cause it is addressing to use with the vci-300 but not a controller for software..... something some one 'making a controller to go with the vci-300 ' would say.
Xylum 2:40 AM - 11 May, 2009
Quote:
how much would u pay for that guys? it really sux that we have to buy more stuff for effects.

I would dish out about $100 - $150 if it works seamlessly with both ITCH and the controller.

Ahem... I mean (if the Serato guys are watching and just waiting to put a price tag on it) I would only give like $40!! >:).
pushafire 3:30 AM - 11 May, 2009
serato doenst say anything cause their software is not ready for the vfx-1 thats the reason...cause if they confirm the vfx-1 they also put pressure on themself to finish the next version..i think that all the hype around the effects is a kind of marketing bullshit..

who tell us that serato and vestax team up to get more money out of their customers..

the give them a pretty and relieable controller wich everybody love and everybody is wanting effects ... so they dont put the effect into the box from beginning..even if they are able to do this...

so they can controll the market and the price of the effect tool...cause lets say 75% of their itch customer would buy this..##

i hope u understand what i like to say.

if u understand what they write on the russian page from the top of this thread..

it says that the vfx-1 is on of 6 important produc for vestax this year..

so the vfx-1 is not a fake...it a leaked information or a kind of marketing thing to get our money.. we will talk about it in a few weeks when they start to sell it for 200 $ and get rich with this..

it really sucks that we all have to buy more gear.

i hope that the serato guys will do the effects accesable via midi to give us the freedom to choose any controller.

to the question how much i would pay for i only can say not more than 80 $ cause its only a midi controller, but the vestax brand makes it i think twice the price..
mrddyn 8:17 AM - 11 May, 2009
Bla bla...

ANyway Vestax wording's have always been silly. For a big japanese company they hire really really bad translators.

Ever seen their forums and how their moderators reply in english? Also their website? It ain't good...I have a feeling their Japanese website is a lot better but google translate messes that up to much to make sense.
Kmxorbit 9:22 AM - 11 May, 2009
Quote:

Totally agree.

More possibilities, more fun. LMAO!

Yup, now they convinced me. I sure wanna buy this... just can't wait.^^
pushafire 11:16 AM - 11 May, 2009
vestx support wrote this to me..

Dear sir

Thank you very much for the interest on our products.

We would like to inform you that we are going to officially release
VFX-1 in the future.
We will ask our distributor in Germany "MUSIK MEYER" to contact with
you to provide you more details on it.

Thank you for all
Best regards
Take
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Take Tsuchiya <take-t@vestax.jp>
Vestax Corporation Sales Dept
djcerla 11:19 AM - 11 May, 2009
Amen
pushafire 11:22 AM - 11 May, 2009
so now its on the serato guys to tell us something.
freelancer77 12:00 PM - 11 May, 2009
Quote:

it really sucks that we all have to buy more gear.

right. at the time of the release of the product it was not planned - it looks like.

Quote:

i hope that the serato guys will do the effects accesable via midi to give us the freedom to choose any controller.

I hope so - but think over - is ITCH open for foreign Midi-Controllers, which aren't a ITCH dedicated product ?

Quote:

to the question how much i would pay for i only can say not more than 80 $ cause its only a midi controller, but the vestax brand makes it i think twice the price..

Yes, nice - really a nice unit... not only for ITCH Users, also very intersting for Ableton but even a little bit too small ...
two more faders would be nice, or the chance to play on 4 dx... - because we don't know whats upcoming, so the product should be safe 4 future.
djcerla 12:04 PM - 11 May, 2009
too bad I have to waste the 2nd USB port that use now for my USB light... I don't think there are Firewire lights out there... :(
Xylum 2:42 PM - 11 May, 2009
Wow. So much for surprises. Guess Vestax/Serato didn't count on our multi-lingual detectives roaming the internet looking for answers huh, lol. Thnx for the info pushafire. If someone see's any release dates, plx be sure to also post them!
kraal 3:35 PM - 11 May, 2009
Quote:
too bad I have to waste the 2nd USB port that use now for my USB light... I don't think there are Firewire lights out there... :(

is it a light to see the laptop keyboard? if so i freed my slot up by getting a mini booklight that clips on
djcerla 3:40 PM - 11 May, 2009
No, I have a MacBook pro with light kb, it's to see the BLACK AND RED pots of the 300... :) perfect design choice... :D
kraal 3:50 PM - 11 May, 2009
well i think the reading light will work for that tooo that why i got mine :)
mrddyn 7:26 PM - 11 May, 2009
I smell a rat guys, I mean it feels like a very elaborate hoax.

First the image, allright fine pixelated in areas but ok. Then the email and how funny is this: pushafire is the only one who got them. Then the VP of vestax posts on djtechtools? Pfah, not very likely. Nothing on the website of vestax. Also Ean Golden, who has a hookup with Vestax, sent an email but apparently has had no response yet. And they replied to pushafire? Right. Also Pushafire? The name doesn't ring trust in this one for me.

It looks credible enough but there's a rat somewhere.
mrddyn 7:27 PM - 11 May, 2009
Adding to that the boys at Serato are silent either way. If the cat is out of the bag it's out right. No sense in beating around the bush. Hoax.
kraal 9:06 PM - 11 May, 2009
yeah i email ean golden and he is treating it as a rumor
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 12:56 AM - 12 May, 2009
Sorry about taking so long to jump in on this thread. We at Serato have long desired to be able to provide effects to those that want them - whilst avoiding forcing them on those that don't. We certainly have plans for effects in our DJ products. We don't have any official announcements just yet. What I can say now is while yes, we are working on a controller with Vestax, the image in this thread will not become a final product.
kraal 3:39 AM - 12 May, 2009
so now that means once effects are added the vci-300 is obsolete????
mrddyn 6:58 AM - 12 May, 2009
From the techtools thread:

Ean Golden:
Quote:
Hmmm,
It’s feeling like a very elaborate hoax.

The VP of Vestax would not use his time to go online and post a message.

Actually, Charles is very cool like that and he is a friend of Dj TechTools so yes, that was Charles from Vestax and the controller is real

Nice. This year?
djfrancov 10:44 AM - 12 May, 2009
serato should give us an option to use the vci with the shift button some how for effects ...or buy the external controller...as pf rite now..i dnt have a case to fit the cntroller..
pushafire 11:13 AM - 12 May, 2009
Quote:
I smell a rat guys, I mean it feels like a very elaborate hoax.

First the image, allright fine pixelated in areas but ok. Then the email and how funny is this: pushafire is the only one who got them. Then the VP of vestax posts on djtechtools? Pfah, not very likely. Nothing on the website of vestax. Also Ean Golden, who has a hookup with Vestax, sent an email but apparently has had no response yet. And they replied to pushafire? Right. Also Pushafire? The name doesn't ring trust in this one for me.

It looks credible enough but there's a rat somewhere.

believe it or not...itsup to you.

i got this email from vestax and alos a other from from musik meyer in germany.

they said the vfx-1 will be available in october... but they didnt finish the product yet.

so i think they gonna do some changes to it..

so we will have a effect controller soon and serato have to hurry up...

cause traktor is waiting...and now its also possible to use the vci 300 with traktor and effects in it..its not that nice like itch but it works.

Quote:
Sorry about taking so long to jump in on this thread. We at Serato have long desired to be able to provide effects to those that want them - whilst avoiding forcing them on those that don't. We certainly have plans for effects in our DJ products. We don't have any official announcements just yet. What I can say now is while yes, we are working on a controller with Vestax, the image in this thread will not become a final product.

is this your final statement to all questions that we did for the vfx-1

come on guys its the same like before..

how come that vestax allready designed a effect controller and already got a prototype??? you cant make me believe that u dont have a glue how to implement the effects in itch.. u are that good in programming and u need more than 1 year to give us effects..

i think u already qould be able to do this..but u and vestax want to make much money with the people who got a vci-300 and would give anything to get effects..

and with ur itch deicated effect controller u got the monopol and full controll of the price..

it doesnt look fair to me..

back to the emails from vestax.. i am not joking with u guys..they confimed that the vfx-1 is real and not a fake. believe it or nor or look an djtools
Kmxorbit 11:22 AM - 12 May, 2009
Westax should make a controller with built in FX knobs on the controller..

I got used to the 1 USB cable setup policy. I'm not really planning to buy extra controllers just for some fx? Sorry, not for me!

It's all in, or it's nothing. my 2 cents...
nik39 2:31 PM - 12 May, 2009
www.skratchworx.com < covered on skratchworx.
kraal 2:34 PM - 12 May, 2009
i just hope the effects are midi controlled and you can use your own midi controller or vextax/serato will leave a sour taste in my mouth and have me seriously looking at other software/controllers
Xylum 5:24 AM - 13 May, 2009
Quote:
We certainly have plans for effects in our DJ products. We don't have any official announcements just yet. What I can say now is while yes, we are working on a controller with Vestax, the image in this thread will not become a final product.

By "controller with Vestax" you're referring to another product similar to this one (one that implements effects to the actual VCI-300/ITCH) but not quite the one shown on the picture right? You're not referring to a whole other unit right? -.-

I've gotta agree with kraal damn, if you are really planning on leaving the VCI hanging without effects for another unit, that kind of sucks.
freelancer77 6:54 AM - 13 May, 2009
Quote:

I hope so - but think over - is ITCH open for foreign Midi-Controllers, which aren't a ITCH dedicated product ?

You see - exactly what I said ... so also in future you could find this Vestax-Box very close to a NS 7. How crazy is this ?

----------------
Guys - the other Question is:
Should we accept as the customers, that ITCH-EFX does only work with that dedicated controller ?

Serato - we gave our experience to you - from behind the dx, we had pain and hard times... you know

But now it's time to say "Thank you" and this could happen in such a way, that ITCH will work with any MIDI-Controller... regarding the effects.
freelancer77 7:00 AM - 13 May, 2009
Anyway - look at the device ... If you turn the knobs, and you know how "hard" they go - this little device must have more than one Kilo at least, or needs to be fixed in a box - or it would fall down from the table.

Other thing is if you turn one poti - maybe the whole device is rotating !

You know as a DJ, that some guys are working like hell... so this device must have a fixed stand or a high weight for such a small device.
djfrancov 10:48 AM - 13 May, 2009
is crazy to ask in this economy for more money....and if itch would add effects to be controlled from the vci....more people would be willing to spend 1000 bucks.
djfrancov 10:49 AM - 13 May, 2009
i think it may backfire on the vci 300..
Kmxorbit 1:49 PM - 13 May, 2009
I'll be very clear on this one...
Or the FX are controlable from the VCI dito NS7 and/or laptop, or personaly I don't support it.

I paid already enough for flightcases and bags lately. And that to find out that I cannot carry that extra controller in it? Not for me, guys...
An extra controller is definitely a no-go.
kraal 3:11 PM - 13 May, 2009
Quote:

You know as a DJ, that some guys are working like hell... so this device must have a fixed stand or a high weight for such a small device.

Look at the KOrg Nano series they are light weight and work just fine

hint hint Look at the KORG nano series...i'm just saying I'm just saying hint hint