NAMM 2015: Announcing forthcoming support for Pioneer DJM-900 & DJM-850

3:14 AM, 19 Jan 2015
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Davideon 7:23 PM - 22 January, 2015
It's getting messy now
WarpNote 7:48 PM - 22 January, 2015
GREAT news!
Mighty Dragon Sounds 7:49 PM - 22 January, 2015
Ughhhh... I need a 909SRT!!!!! Please!!! PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!
djbrakc 8:07 PM - 22 January, 2015
i already have dvs expension pack for my sx 2.do i have to buy that kit with serato dj too?
And09 8:19 PM - 22 January, 2015
What the hell... Just spend allmost 300€ more than for a djm900nxs. I have a djm900srt right now. Can you please tell me a reason why i did this? You put an old product to the same level as the new one. Okay, you have to buy the licence for 170€ or something like that... But if this is all of the advantages of the 900srt, it really will be a shame. Oh, i forgot about the blue buttons.. Same thing, whats the reason for not fixing the cdj2000nxs. This is the flaggship right now and it isn't 100% compatible! (Loops, Displayfunktion, switching from midi to usb back and forth and everything isn't working right anymore).
WarpNote 8:29 PM - 22 January, 2015
I have the 900SRT and Im NOT crying, magnetic cross fader, 4 phono preamps.
Once the mk2 is dropped, with 2 usb ports.... ;-)
deejdave 8:41 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:

You'd be crying if you bought the SRT when you ALREADY had a Nexus!! www.facebook.com

F................M...............L!!!!!
WarpNote 8:45 PM - 22 January, 2015
Hehe, but you buy everything new shiny with lights?? ;-)
deejdave 8:47 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Hehe, but you buy everything new shiny with lights?? ;-)

I do. But this burns. I literally will have no use for the SRT now.

The 900Nexus offers Rekordbox, Traktor Scratch & Serato DJ.

The 900SRT offers Rekordbox, Serato DJ & Traktor Pro (No DVS) only.

The 900Nexus is actually the more flexible mixer now, no?
WarpNote 8:55 PM - 22 January, 2015
I like the crossfader on the SRT over the NXS myself...
Unless you do DVS with Traktor, you're not really losing out...?

Probably time to let one of them go though?
You'll need to save up for the MP2015 anyway ;-)
DJ Nexus2000 9:03 PM - 22 January, 2015
Can we see a DJM2000 Nexus With Serato DJ!!
deejdave 9:08 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Probably time to let one of them go though?
You'll need to save up for the MP2015 anyway ;-)

I honestly think I'm gonna take a step back and assess what's what here. Not knowing what this "club kit" will/won't affect doesn't help either.
JD WAS. 9:20 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:

➕1
Davideon 9:33 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

You'd be crying if you bought the SRT when you ALREADY had a Nexus!! www.facebook.com

F................M...............L!!!!!

Did you sell the nexus?
WinstonR 9:33 PM - 22 January, 2015
I think I just have the basic serato DJ standalone license do I need to upgrade for this or is this part of the next update. Also if I do need to upgrade how much for the pack
Asu 9:36 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:

he he he...i'm waiting for some cool gear to go on sale from guys like you he he he...it's getting messy out here at NAMM
Code:E 9:55 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:

We need this SO BAD!!! I have a DJM2000 and there no reason it shouldn't also get the same level of support.
DJ Deaf 10:34 PM - 22 January, 2015
So what is really the difference now? I just bought the 900SRT 3 weeks ago. Is it worth keeping or sending back to save a few hundred bucks now that the 900nxs is plug & play ready also?
deejdave 10:36 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

he he he...i'm waiting for some cool gear to go on sale from guys like you he he he...it's getting messy out here at NAMM

Good luck. I don't sell gear because of guys like YOU LOL.
deejdave 10:39 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Did you sell the nexus?

Nah. As a matter of fact I recently replaced the crossfader even though I don't (Or didn't I should say) even use it..........
Dj Rawkus 11:15 PM - 22 January, 2015
PLEASE we NEED Serato Dj support for the DJM2000 Nexus... OMG OMG we need this SO BAD!!!!
DJ Nexus2000 1:25 AM - 23 January, 2015
I used to use Serato DJ and i love it but, if the 2000 Has support i would use both Pieces Of software.
Daniel Ventura 9:01 AM - 23 January, 2015
great News! would be so great to use also cdjs internal soundcards and also djm2000, even djm 750 would be possible :-)
Eskei83 9:17 AM - 23 January, 2015
Is Quantize for the built in effects working on the 900 Nxs too?
deejdave 9:19 AM - 23 January, 2015
The DJM-900SRT also has other benefits, it's got tempo synced FX and fader start, which the 850/900NXS don't.

Straight from Sam S - Serato

serato.com

For all I know it could have just been said to make me feel better as I had a rough day with this LOL.
Mr. Leenknecht 9:56 AM - 23 January, 2015
Finally!! I've been waiting for this since a loooong long time! No need to connect that box with all the cables while loosing time from your DJ set. Just plug one USB cable into that damn mixer and GO :-)

Some questions:

Do we need to sacrifice a channel to record a DJ set just like with the DJM 900 SRT?

Will the fader movements be tracked for the use in Serato Video?

Will we hear a different in sound quality compared to the SL4?

When is this going to be available?
Jumbo Boogie 2:05 PM - 23 January, 2015
Whew!...so glad I didn't pull the trigger and get an SRT!

Another price drop coming or is it going to go clearance?
deejdave 2:16 PM - 23 January, 2015
I would guess clearance as Serato just made the 900Nexus a more flexible mixer.
Jumbo Boogie 2:20 PM - 23 January, 2015
Didn't know mixers could give people the clap...that has gotta burn.
deejdave 2:23 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Didn't know mixers could give people the clap...that has gotta burn.

Burns beyond belief.
gclef101 2:41 PM - 23 January, 2015
Please add Serato DJ Club Kit Support for the Pioneer djm 2000 nex
djmanos 8:15 PM - 23 January, 2015
Serato DJ Club Kit Support for the Pioneer djm-2000 nxs will the best ever even for serato sales all the famous dee jays are turning they back because serato dj does not support djm-2000 nxs so do it cause we are waiting for this .....
Davideon 8:27 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
the famous dee jays are turning they back because serato dj does not support djm-2000 nxs ..

Riiiiight
deejdave 8:55 PM - 23 January, 2015
You learn something everyday. Here I was thinking the 900 & A&H were the most common mixers for Pro's.
Jumbo Boogie 9:18 PM - 23 January, 2015
Surprised that Denon didn't add Serato support to at least the 1600.
deejdave 9:21 PM - 23 January, 2015
There is a licensing fee that must be paid for each device. If they still to this day refuse to pay license fees for the players I don't see why they would for the mixers. I think the point of this "Club Kit" Pack is to support the mixers found in the clubs which would typically be Pio or A&H though.

As usual no offense meant as I would LOVE to see Denon players supported. Just trying to take a guess at the convo's that occur by the big boys when these decisions are made LOL.
LargeFarva 11:19 PM - 23 January, 2015
Dave, the 900NXS and 850 both allow for Fader Start. I'm not sure why Samuel S said that was exclusive to 900SRT. It works the same as all other mixers by sending a high voltage signal to the player - used for fader starting 2000NXS.
deejdave 12:32 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Dave, the 900NXS and 850 both allow for Fader Start. I'm not sure why Samuel S said that was exclusive to 900SRT. It works the same as all other mixers by sending a high voltage signal to the player - used for fader starting 2000NXS.

I figured this but as I said I don't even use it anyways so wouldn't apply to me.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:23 AM - 24 January, 2015
Yes there is Fader start for playing CDs or digital files through a CDJ but only the DJM-900SRT has fader start for Serato DJ playback.

Sam.
LargeFarva 6:49 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Yes there is Fader start for playing CDs or digital files through a CDJ but only the DJM-900SRT has fader start for Serato DJ playback.

Sam.

That's only the case because that's the 900NXS is being implemented that way, not because of any design difference between the products. It's the same thing that kept the 900NXS from being a natively supported Serato device to begin with and the reason the 900SRT was even released: nothing. Are users really to believe that these small, artificial restrictions to maintain the value of the 900SRT are going to stay in place when the primary restriction that gave the 900SRT its value in the first place (exclusive native Serato support) is being eliminated?

On the subject of fader start and MIDI clock in for onboard FX: Why purposely cripple hardware? What about 900SRT users that want to use fader start on the installed equipment where they have residencies? The same for MIDI clock in for quantized on-board FX - why exclude it? It really does assuage any hard feelings 900SRT users are going to have, and will piss of 900NXS users as well hurt 900SRT users that want to use club installed 900NXS in the same way that their 900SRT works. Are 900SRT users going to get some kind of special exclusive access to all these features on both mixers?

I imagine DJM-2000NXS support is just around the corner. If you look anywhere in the Serato community, this is already seems to be, only a few days removed from NAMM2015 and the club kit announcement, the MOST requested device for support. If this is any indication of the potential revenue in this market, inclusion of support is inevitable.
deejdave 6:55 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
I imagine DJM-2000NXS support is just around the corner. If you look anywhere in the Serato community, this is already seems to be, only a few days removed from NAMM2015 and the club kit announcement, the MOST requested device for support. If this is any indication of the potential revenue in this market, inclusion of support is inevitable.

I've got the proper posts bookmarked with the quotes ready to go if this happens.

The DJM-2000Nexus is the EXACT mixer I passed up for the 900SRT while ALREADY owning the 900Nexus. If ................................................................... I'll just end here LOL.
LargeFarva 7:07 AM - 24 January, 2015
Dave, you're a good dude, but those bookmarks will be worth exactly as much as the 900SRT exclusive features when the 2000NXS is added to the Club Kit expansion pack.

There is almost no reason for it not to be added. Think about it from the 2000NXS' user experience when the 900SRT was released. Why would a lower price point device receive support? Now that the licensing SNAFU has apparently been resolved, as evidenced by the addition of the 900NXS and 850 support, why not add support for the 2000NXS, who shelled huge amounts of money? The only reason they wouldn't add it is to preserve the exclusive value of native support of the 900SRT … but that's already being lost by addition of the 900NXS and 850.
deejdave 7:20 AM - 24 January, 2015
I am literally at a loss for words here. I feel like I have nothing left to go on................ I just feel overall defeated and .................... well as in other threads I am done talking about it. I mean what am I even doing at this point? No offense to you bud but I am actually gonna stop tracking this thread and the others talking about this SRT/Nexus thing because eventually I will end up saying something I will regret. Respect is one thing <<<< This GUY <<<< will still be employing.
lazy soul 11:38 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Is Quantize for the built in effects working on the 900 Nxs too?

????
WarpNote 4:33 PM - 24 January, 2015
One thing I like about the 900srt, that is missing from the 900nxs, is the phono option for channels 2 & 3. Personally, I prefer turntables over cdj's, and I like to run them on the middle channels. On the 900nxs you are forced to run them on them on the "outer" cannels 1 & 4. You would either need a line level out TT or some external preamps/SL box to do that. Might not be a big deal to some, but that's how I normally set up. So will probably need to adapt when playing out with the club kit on a nexus later this year...
Daniel Ventura 4:57 PM - 24 January, 2015
ist no Problem to run the phonos on every channel you like on the 900nxs you can route the Output on every fader you like. People do this with Traktor for years :-)
only Thing is you can use 4 turntables with the srt.
WarpNote 5:39 PM - 24 January, 2015
For digital yes, for regular vinyl, not so much. I should probably specified...
WarpNote 5:46 PM - 24 January, 2015
Will be interesting to see if sdj does this like traktor, my guess is not.
I cant seem to remember that kinda routing beeing possible with either srt nor the 64/68 in sdj....
DJ Stumble 9:01 AM - 26 January, 2015
I already bought a license because of my vestax vci 400 before it went 400dj but sometimes I want to use the clubmixer. How can I activate the plug and play for the djm?
WarpNote 10:09 AM - 26 January, 2015
You would need the dvs plugin too.
Thyroxine 4:36 PM - 26 January, 2015
Will I be able to use DDJ-SR like DDJ-SP1 or AKAI AFX (for effects, pads, deck browser, flip etc), when the first sound device is 900NXS or 850? Do I need SDJ license in addition to DVS pack, if I connect them simultaniously?
DJ AfterDeath 5:18 PM - 26 January, 2015
Next up CDJ-2000s? That would be great I could get rid of a usb going to my SL box or my 900 since I already use them in HID.
djmanos 5:47 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:
Next up CDJ-2000s? That would be great I could get rid of a usb going to my SL box or my 900 since I already use them in HID.

Not only you my friend but everybody cdj-2000s are standard on every set up.djm-900nxs djm-2000 nxs don't be late give as the club kit !!!!would be great !!!
LargeFarva 6:46 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:
One thing I like about the 900srt, that is missing from the 900nxs, is the phono option for channels 2 & 3. Personally, I prefer turntables over cdj's, and I like to run them on the middle channels. On the 900nxs you are forced to run them on them on the "outer" cannels 1 & 4. You would either need a line level out TT or some external preamps/SL box to do that. Might not be a big deal to some, but that's how I normally set up. So will probably need to adapt when playing out with the club kit on a nexus later this year...

Before I knew how powerful Traktor midi-mapping and functionality were (no shot at Serato here, two different products for two sets of needs) I used one of these:

www.bhphotovideo.com

However, with Traktor, as I'm sure you know, you can simply change which deck the DVS is assigned to, and with a little work in the mapper, get around having to plug in to any one specific channel.
LargeFarva 6:48 PM - 26 January, 2015
Also, you'll have to fiddle with the gain and Serato calibration. I didn't have issues with tracking in Traktor, but I have yet to try this with Serato. I might go plug the 12s into the line in and use the preamp to see how Serato responds.
HotRod Killer DJ 1:18 AM - 27 January, 2015
How bout plain old djm2000 mixer I bought and then a week later the nxs came out. What a struggle it was to save up to buy and now it's almost worthless it seems.
Code:E 1:20 AM - 27 January, 2015
I don't think the DJM2000 (non nexus) will ever do it since the sound card is not good enough. It doesn have enough input channels.
Thyroxine 9:46 AM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
I don't think the DJM2000 (non nexus) will ever do it since the sound card is not good enough. It doesn have enough input channels.

As shown on block diagrams in Owner's Manuals (p. 27 in 2000's and p.31 in Nexus'es), they both have 4-channel 24-bit/96 kHz soundcards. There is no analog-to-digital conversion or resampling when the signal goes from DSP to USB IC. I think soundcards in $3000 mixers are good enough. In my opiniom, the reason why didn't added support of this mixers in this update is that they have not yet mapped the screen and the central MIDI section.
Thyroxine 10:24 AM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:

I am sorry, you are right, but Nexus has the same soundcard as 2000. In both cases, we can not use all 4 channel for DVS. We can only use 4 outputs or 3 outputs and 1 input (p. 11 in Nexus OM and p.9 in 2000's OM). For DVS we need at least 2 outputs and 2 inputs. Thus, DJM-2000 and DJM-2000Nexus will never be supported. However, 900NXS has 4 outputs and 4 inputs (8 stereo channel soundcard). That's so pity.
gclef101 10:53 AM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I am sorry, you are right, but Nexus has the same soundcard as 2000. In both cases, we can not use all 4 channel for DVS. We can only use 4 outputs or 3 outputs and 1 input (p. 11 in Nexus OM and p.9 in 2000's OM). For DVS we need at least 2 outputs and 2 inputs. Thus, DJM-2000 and DJM-2000Nexus will never be supported. However, 900NXS has 4 outputs and 4 inputs (8 stereo channel soundcard). That's so pity.

I am not sure I understand the physical outputs versus usb connection to the computer. I hope someone can help me understand better because all of my routing of audio is through usb. Thanks again if anyone can clear this up for me.
DJ Sonny D 5:30 PM - 27 January, 2015
Will this work with Scratch Live?

I use (depend on) The Bridge. It's an integral part of my set up.

I am getting very nervous about the state of my current set-up. I feel like I am getting pushed out of Serato's product line with each upgrade.

If The Bridge isn't going to be released for Serato DJ, then I will need something that can send midi clock.

I have tried the Redsound Micro, the beat counter on the DJM 850 and 900 and the Waveclock app but they don't give me the tight sync I need for my hardware.
LargeFarva 6:11 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

The block diagram (P. 28 of 2000 UM or P. 31 of 2000NXS UM) shows it's possible, by sacrificing a channel, as you suggest.

For example, DVS could be sent in through CH1 preamp -> CH1 ADC -> DSP -> D_OUT -> SRC -> CH1 USB -> USB IC -> Serato (receives Noisemap, returns digital USB audio) -> USB IC -> CH2 USB -> CH2 SRC - DSP

I don't know if there are USB bus limitations where this couldn't simultaneously happen using 4 and 3, but effectively, CHs 1 and 4 could be sacrificed to send the DVS to the DSP and route to Serato through the D_OUT to return the USB audio to 2 and 3. Seems like it would just be a matter of firmware.

If this theory is true, it seems like you have the capabilities of a 2 channel DVS mixer, or a 3 channel mixer with only one channel have timecode control. The other two could run internally off Serato using controllers/CDJs in HID, or any external audio source.
Code:E 7:10 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:

If The Bridge isn't going to be released for Serato DJ, then I will need something that can send midi clock.

Serato DJ sends MIDI clock but its no better than your DJM mixer's midi clock. No MIDI clock is. You wont find a solution yet for what you want.
DJ Sonny D 7:11 PM - 27 January, 2015
How does Serato DJ send midi clock?
Code:E 7:13 PM - 27 January, 2015
It's a feature they added I have never used it. But It does send it.
Code:E 7:14 PM - 27 January, 2015
It was added when they added MIDI output lighting.
DJ Sonny D 7:14 PM - 27 January, 2015
Well that changes everything.
DJ Sonny D 7:34 PM - 27 January, 2015
Do you have any information on midi clock out of Serato DJ? I can't find anything anywhere.
Davideon 7:54 PM - 27 January, 2015
serato.com

Quote:
It was added when they added MIDI output lighting.

Though I have no reason to doubt you, are you sure?

I don't recall seeing it and it's not in the release notes
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:02 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Do you have any information on midi clock out of Serato DJ? I can't find anything anywhere.

Hey there, MIDI Clock output is not currently available but it's something we're working towards adding in a future update.

Sorry I can't give a better timeframe than that right now. We're hoping soon!

Sam.
DJ Sonny D 8:13 PM - 27 January, 2015
OK, Will this "Club Kit" work with Scratch Live or just Serato DJ?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:47 PM - 27 January, 2015
Only Serato DJ.
Code:E 9:11 PM - 27 January, 2015
Oops my bad. I though MIDI out clock was enabled with the midi output lighting.

Hey Sam any plans to get the MIDI output upgraded.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:30 PM - 27 January, 2015
What else would you like to see?
Code:E 9:53 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
What else would you like to see?

Honestly.... ME style MIDI output control. Hell ME like MIDI in control also.

And well I'm at it. Can you just confirm either way if you (serato) is going to update and FIX the HID protocols for the non Nexus CDJ2000. HID works great in SSL, but it's not there in Serato DJ. I would really like to move over buy it's just no possible.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:27 PM - 27 January, 2015
What in particular are you referring to with HID mode on the CDJ2000? Is it the latency? If so, we've been working at this for a while and have put incremental updates in the last couple of Serato DJ updates to improve this. We have more work to do and are definitely trying to get this as tight as possible.

There was an issue in Scratch Live where the platters were so sensitive that they were reacting to bass vibration causing skips. We have fixed this in Serato DJ but as a result of this, there have been reports of some latency which is in part due to some of the sensitivity changes to fix the skipping issue.

We are working on this currently for future Serato DJ updates.

Sam.
DJ MADNESS (Official) 10:51 PM - 27 January, 2015
I Love :-)
Code:E 11:08 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
What in particular are you referring to with HID mode on the CDJ2000? Is it the latency? If so, we've been working at this for a while and have put incremental updates in the last couple of Serato DJ updates to improve this. We have more work to do and are definitely trying to get this as tight as possible.

There was an issue in Scratch Live where the platters were so sensitive that they were reacting to bass vibration causing skips. We have fixed this in Serato DJ but as a result of this, there have been reports of some latency which is in part due to some of the sensitivity changes to fix the skipping issue.

Sam.

Actually I'm fine with the latency, But what I'm not fine with is the mapping. Touch strip, cue and hot cue behavior, loop behavior. The CDJ should still function like a CDJ. In SSL the CDJ's act like a CDJ, in Serato DJ like act like a "controller" it's not right. Pioneer even promoted the HID features like "Serato's HID most closely represents a CDJ's true functions" In Serato DJ that idea seem to fly out the window.
Niloy Ahasan 8:27 AM - 29 January, 2015
Please enable DJM 2000 Nexus. Thank you.
Arnaud F 11:05 AM - 29 January, 2015
Ok, i've got Serato DJ & DVS fonction, is that Enough to use a Pioneer 850 ?
WarpNote 11:06 AM - 29 January, 2015
As long as you have the standalone licenses, it will be enough, once the support i released.
Arnaud F 11:08 AM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:
As long as you have the standalone licenses, it will be enough, once the support i released.

Thks for your answer
WarpNote 11:15 AM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Thks for your answer

Sure, this means just owing a Rane mixer/SL box will not be sufficient.
You will need to own those licenses separately. Still, a very cheap entry for DJs used to rekordbox, who wants to spin with SDJ in the club. :-)
frank.rojas.fkr.dj 10:52 PM - 29 January, 2015
osea, puedo usar la djm 900 nexus con serato dj sin ningun problema? sin necesidad de una interfaz de audio?
frank.rojas.fkr.dj 10:55 PM - 29 January, 2015
puedo usar la djm 900 nexus con serato sin ningun problema? sin necesidad de una interfaz de audio?
frank.rojas.fkr.dj 8:13 PM - 30 January, 2015
para cuando estara disponible el Kit de Serato DJ club?
DeeJ-O 3:09 PM - 31 January, 2015
bonjour pour quand est prévu la sortit du pack?
merci!!
Dj Tucci 7:30 AM - 1 February, 2015
perfeeeeeeecccctttt
Dj Tucci 7:43 AM - 1 February, 2015
Quote:
The DJM-900SRT also has other benefits, it's got tempo synced FX and fader start, which the 850/900NXS don't.

Straight from Sam S - Serato

serato.com

For all I know it could have just been said to make me feel better as I had a rough day with this LOL.

the 900nxs have this 2
George van Amp 8:38 AM - 2 February, 2015
Any release date in mind?
Karl W 4:48 PM - 2 February, 2015
Soon I Hope!!! I just purchased the dvs and clubkit plugin yesterday !
George van Amp 11:55 AM - 4 February, 2015
me2!
HotRod Killer DJ 12:31 AM - 5 February, 2015
why announce support with no expected release date? why not make a customizable product that will be compatible with your customers needs,, "i like this but it doesnt have that" or " this sucks but it has this" from sound cards, knobs to slides to effects ect.. most of all if its not as stable as scratch live then dont make it. word of mouth in the usa is your best advertisement especially with Video DJ's that plug theyr favorite Brand names to thousands of people each week. (sorry for the rant) When is the "forthcoming" release coming for djm900nxs ???
Code:E 4:07 AM - 5 February, 2015
Quote:
why announce support with no expected release date?

Its called marketing.
George van Amp 3:22 PM - 5 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
why announce support with no expected release date?

Its called marketing.

:-)
Technö 1:28 PM - 6 February, 2015
Does anybody have a slight clue about how much time passes on average between Serato announcing a new feature in their software and releasing the new software? Like a month or two?!

I would really really like to know when this project will see the light of day.
Code:E 12:23 AM - 7 February, 2015
Quote:
Does anybody have a slight clue about how much time passes on average between Serato announcing a new feature in their software and releasing the new software? Like a month or two?!

I would really really like to know when this project will see the light of day.

Anywhere from 1 week to 1 year. It has taken that long in the past. The rule with Serato is don't hold your breath ever.
DJ P... Da don 3:18 AM - 9 February, 2015
Quote:
the HID features like "Serato's HID most closely represents a

Quote:
Quote:

Sam.

Actually I'm fine with the latency, But what I'm not fine with is the mapping. Touch strip, cue and hot cue behavior, loop behavior. The CDJ should still function like a CDJ. In SSL the CDJ's act like a CDJ, in Serato DJ like act like a "controller" it's not right. Pioneer even promoted the HID features like "Serato's HID most closely represents a CDJ's true functions" In Serato DJ that idea seem to fly out the window.

Totally agree with you, so far I have not been able to figure out how to increase or decrease my loop size CDJ style or SSL style, SDJ only allows me to do a 4 beat one :S
Matt_GER 5:54 AM - 6 March, 2015
DJM2000NXS Support and you will get me using SeratoDJ!

+1
wagnersandro 5:26 PM - 9 March, 2015
SUPORT FOR PIONEER DJM 700 PLEASE !
Thyroxine 6:35 PM - 9 March, 2015
Quote:

DJM-700 has no soundcard. It's impossible.
Code:E 7:10 PM - 9 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

DJM-700 has no soundcard. It's impossible.

#djfail
marco suarez 8:27 PM - 9 March, 2015
Necesitamos apoyo para djm 2000 porfavor DVS para djm 2000. auxilio
DJMaticIsKing 11:14 AM - 12 March, 2015
Will the DJM 750 also get Support?
Arnaud F 12:53 PM - 12 March, 2015
Quote:

No , i think there is no soundcard in the 750...
DJMaticIsKing 1:14 PM - 12 March, 2015
Yes there is one...
Djdega 1:50 PM - 12 March, 2015
Ok, se eu comprar um DJM850 e um DJM900 terei que comprar um pack DVS para cada?????
Ok, if I buy a DJM850 and DJM900 have to buy a DVS pack for each ?????
DJ P... Da don 1:56 PM - 12 March, 2015
Quote:
Ok, se eu comprar um DJM850 e um DJM900 terei que comprar um pack DVS para cada?????
Ok, if I buy a DJM850 and DJM900 have to buy a DVS pack for each ?????

Buy club kit which has the stand alone serato license that you will need as well as DVS support.

Regards,
Arnaud F 2:29 PM - 12 March, 2015
Quote:
Yes there is one...

oops i didn't know
WarpNote 3:06 PM - 12 March, 2015
Quote:
If enough people request it, I'm sure they will consider. Your best bet is to create separate thread in the feature suggestion area -> serato.com, and rally up as many other supporters as possible.
Weak Sense 10:40 AM - 16 March, 2015
When will the update be released?
WarpNote 1:45 PM - 16 March, 2015
@Weak Sense, 1.7.4 is now in public beta 3, so I don't think its gonna be that long. However, better to wait a little longer to ensure they squish bugs, and make it as stable as possible IMO.
-> serato.com
turbo2 11:39 AM - 18 March, 2015
I argee with And09. Its nice too make Serato dj compatible for all mixers, for dj's, club's and partypeoples sake. But as a 900srt user i feel abandoned by Serato. Because of a key inside the 900srt that opens Serato dj license and program, i too have to buy the club kit license. I think its only fair that people who did buy the 900srt, gets this club kit license for free.

I hope that Serato considers this option.
DJ Sonny D 9:06 PM - 18 March, 2015
Can we purchase Serato DJ without the DVS expansion pack and use our supported CDJs in HID mode?
WarpNote 10:55 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Can we purchase Serato DJ without the DVS expansion pack and use our supported CDJs in HID mode?

Yes you can, it wil work in HID with only the SDJ standalone license, without the DVS expansion. Personally though, as the price difference isn't that big, I like the option of DVS too, as Ive seen examples of HID acting up on rare occasions (bad USB hub), and CDJs with a busted usb back port. But you have the option to choose what suits you best :-)
DJ Sonny D 12:58 PM - 19 March, 2015
Thank you for the feedback.
ArtyomT 10:05 AM - 20 March, 2015
is there a plans for supporting retina displays ?
in particular, fonts for browsing through crates and library
Code:E 9:23 PM - 20 March, 2015
Quote:
is there a plans for supporting retina displays ?
in particular, fonts for browsing through crates and library

I run a retina at best quaitly setting and I don't have any issues. What issues are you having?
ArtyomT 9:32 PM - 20 March, 2015
pixelation of the fonts is clearly visible on retina displays.
Code:E 9:35 PM - 20 March, 2015
Quote:
pixelation of the fonts is clearly visible on retina displays.

What settings is your retina display at? What version of Serato are you running?
ArtyomT 9:38 PM - 20 March, 2015
best for display
1.7.3.6899 and 1.7.4.9261
Dj Tucci 3:02 PM - 27 March, 2015
i use a retina display and works fine
Dj Tucci 3:03 PM - 27 March, 2015
DJM2000 support will be perfect
ArtyomT 3:59 PM - 27 March, 2015
Quote:
i use a retina display and works fine

can you post an image somewhere ?
first three items in crates (All, All Audio, All Videos) is enough
Niloy Ahasan 3:47 PM - 28 March, 2015
DJM 2000 Nexus support serato club kit?
cdjblast 11:44 PM - 2 April, 2015
why
  one of the best mixer on the planet does not work with Serato dj
have a sound card like the djm900 or djm850
one of the best can not be used with one of the best programs
dj "s
Thyroxine 9:58 PM - 3 April, 2015
Quote:
why
&nbsp; one of the best mixer on the planet does not work with Serato dj
dj "s

DJM-2000 (and 2000 Nexus, too) does not work with Serato because its soundcard has only ONE input channel, but we need at least two input channels for DVS.
Code:E 10:07 PM - 3 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
why
&nbsp; one of the best mixer on the planet does not work with Serato dj
dj "s

DJM-2000 (and 2000 Nexus, too) does not work with Serato because its soundcard has only ONE input channel, but we need at least two input channels for DVS.

Thats only half correct. Only the regular 2000 only has one set of inputs the Nexus 2000 has 2.
WarpNote 12:05 PM - 4 April, 2015
Either way, you would still be able to run HID...
GABI D 8:36 AM - 17 April, 2015
PORFAVOR COMPATIVILIDAD DVS PARA LA DJM 2000 GRACIAS.
karbokane 3:35 AM - 10 May, 2015
add me in for djm-2000 support. i have been close to abandoning serato which i have used since day one of release had sl1, sl3, sl4, and love the product, but im sick and tired of pluging in my sl4 when i could just use a flash card on rekordbox, serato was smart to do this upgrade, but not adding support for djm2000 will effectively push people like me to rekordbox setup. i have been avoiding the move and this might slow me down, but without djm2000 support being announced im outta here. sorry serato.....been a loyal fan since the beginning and its hard to say goodby.....please add the support we need.......
DJ Yaitanis 7:35 AM - 13 May, 2015
Has the question been answered about the difference (other than price) for what you get with the purchase of SDJ DVS Option alone vs The club kit?

Other than price I'm not certain what you get as a mobile DJ
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:46 PM - 13 May, 2015
Hey there,

The Club Kit is a license bundle of Serato DJ + DVS Expansion Pack licenses.

If you want to use these mixers AND use Control Vinyl or CDs, you will need to have both these licenses (the club kit).

If you use CDJs with HID mode and want to use these mixers, you can just purchase a Serato DJ license.

Purchasing a DVS Expansion Pack license alone will not let you use these mixers as you still need to have a Serato DJ license.

Hope that clears it up a little.

Sam.
DJRAWSKILLZ101 8:49 AM - 25 May, 2015
I'm thinking about Buying either the Pioneer 900SRT Mixer or The Pioneer 900NXS.... But before I choose between both... I wanted to ask which is the better one as of right now since I do have the club kit... I'm still using the old Rane 57 and Scratch Live for my club gigs... But bought the Numark NS7 2 for Serato DJ but the thing is to heavy to lug around... So I want to get a new mixer... Can someone help???
WarpNote 9:25 AM - 25 May, 2015
They are about the same. But the SRT has 4 phono preamps, and a better crossfader. On NXS you are forced to use channels 1 & 4 for phono, most turntablists will have an issue with that. Also Hardware FX on the SRT are quantized dirctly to SDJ, no so on the NXS. Both are great mixers. I went with the SRT (Pre Club Kit) and play on the NXS on most my club gigs.
DJRAWSKILLZ101 4:09 PM - 25 May, 2015
Thank You.... I was also considering getting the New Rane TTM57 MK2.... But I fell in love with that big effects knob thats under the EQ controls... They have that on the Numark NS7 2 and I learn to use that feature more at home and would love to use it in a club setting... If they would of put that on the new MK2?? I would of went in that direction... But I see it on the pioneer 900SRT and on the NXS... So thats again for your help
WarpNote 6:18 PM - 25 May, 2015
If you want hardware FX, then yes, you probably wanna go with a pioneer.
That said, the internal FX in SDJ has become real nice!
Code:E 11:02 PM - 25 May, 2015
Quote:

What Effects kits are you playing with?
DJRAWSKILLZ101 11:10 PM - 25 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah.... What effects do you use? I purchased the whole Club Kit with all the effects... I still haven't yet went thru them all... And by the way... I just won the bid for a brand new Pioneer 900SRT for under $1700 bucks... Saved me some money... Now I can sell the The old TTM57
WarpNote 2:06 AM - 26 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah.... What effects do you use?

Personally I'm not really that deep into using fx. On my SRT, my favourites are filter, dub echo, gate comp, noise, echo, delay, reverb. The X-Pad is a nice touch.

Software wise, although I have all the FX packs, I really mostly use the combo filter, reverb, delay & echo. (very useful when playing an older mixer/something without hardware fx.)
SupremeSoundz 11:51 AM - 26 May, 2015
Hi chaps, before I puchase a used djm900 nxs tomorrow, can someone confirm whether this serato dj upgrade is now available? Thanks in advance
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:21 PM - 26 May, 2015
Yes! You just need the latest version of Serato DJ and a Serato DJ Club Kit license you can purchase in-app or on the Serato Online store!

sam.
Dj Owe 5:50 PM - 24 June, 2015
Any word if the clubkit supports djm800 mixers yet? Thanks
WarpNote 5:53 PM - 24 June, 2015
The DJM800 does not have a built-in soundcard,
and will never have support for sound output from any software.
Dj Owe 6:01 PM - 24 June, 2015
Thanks for that.
DjKnzY 9:30 AM - 2 July, 2015
hello
I have a djm-850 and 2 xdj-1000
To use them with serato i juste need e serato licence and use HID mode?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 12:37 PM - 2 July, 2015
yes
DjKnzY 12:46 PM - 2 July, 2015
Thanks a lot!!!!
DjKnzY 12:57 PM - 2 July, 2015
Do you know why my Waveforme don't stay syncro but the sound still stay syncro?
Thanks your answer and sorry for my bad english
abeli 12:11 PM - 11 August, 2015
Serato software will eventually cripple itself by sticcking on basing its major hardware recognition and functionality around a selection of soundcards. All this stuff we are trying to discuss and kneel down to it, is just a complete garbage to the younger generation of Djs. They want things to be as more "plug and play" as possible. The thing is, it is known, with new HID Hardware, Hardware recognition, communication and funtionality are better be handled by drivers, software itself and some HID software extensions. The soundcard is left alone handling Audio Pathways and processing, things that it has been designed for.
Serato has to come with a plan to handle this situation. Because the younger generations now, they walk while making discussions and decisions, drop old stuff, buy new stuff, download new stuff, install, tryout shortly, then when they arrive, they go straight hook up things and perform instantly without expecting any hassle. Crazy!.
And Software is supposed to support that culture smoothly!!.
And yet we stick on Worshiping company idea of discriminating some Hardware and praising few, cheating ourselves that we are looking more Professional!
A_tech 11:36 PM - 12 August, 2015
I also own a Pioneer DJM-900nxs mixer and recently bought the Serato DJ standalone licence, but when I went to set the primary Decks in the [Audio] tab on the setup screen, I faced a deterrent! So, as every owner of DJM-900nexus know, this mixer has PHONO input on channels 1 and 4 only. However, I just want to use two turntables through the channels 1 & 4 of this mixer!! In the Serato DJ, I found only option to leave the Deck #2 on channels 2 or 3 of the mixer (without PHONO input). As mentioned, I just own the Serato DJ license (without DVS Expansion Pack license). My question is: DVS license Expansion Pack, let me set the Virtual Deck #2 to channel 4 DJM-900NXS ..?! Since the Serato DJ standalone license only there are options for settings of channels 1 & 2 or 2 & 3 of the DJM-900nxs. In this way, always leaving the virtual Deck #2 for channels 2 or 3 of the mixer (channels without PHONO input).

I just need the Software Virtual Deck 2 work with channel 4 of the DJM-900nxs (channel with PHONO input).
Thyroxine 3:09 PM - 13 August, 2015
Quote:
I also own a Pioneer DJM-900nxs mixer and recently bought the Serato DJ standalone licence, but when I went to set the primary Decks in the [Audio] tab on the setup screen, I faced a deterrent! So, as every owner of DJM-900nexus know, this mixer has PHONO input on channels 1 and 4 only. However, I just want to use two turntables through the channels 1 & 4 of this mixer!! In the Serato DJ, I found only option to leave the Deck #2 on channels 2 or 3 of the mixer (without PHONO input). As mentioned, I just own the Serato DJ license (without DVS Expansion Pack license). My question is: DVS license Expansion Pack, let me set the Virtual Deck #2 to channel 4 DJM-900NXS ..?! Since the Serato DJ standalone license only there are options for settings of channels 1 & 2 or 2 & 3 of the DJM-900nxs. In this way, always leaving the virtual Deck #2 for channels 2 or 3 of the mixer (channels without PHONO input).

I just need the Software Virtual Deck 2 work with channel 4 of the DJM-900nxs (channel with PHONO input).

You CAN NOT use the turntables with Serato DJ and 900 NXS without buying DVS Expansion pack. You can only use Internal mode of decks and control them by CDJs connected in HID mod by USB cables. No ABS/REL switch in Decks and DVS calibration tab in Settings will be shown.

DVS Expansion pack unlocks recognition of the timecode signals (if you do not need DVS control, I have no idea why do you need PHONO input on preferred channel).

However, it does not allow you map the 4th channel of NXS to the 2nd deck. You will have to use 4 decks mode.
Mr-K 7:08 PM - 17 August, 2015
Having just bought a DJM-2000 Nexus i was very dissapointed there was no settings utility to allow the 2 phono inputs for DVS ( yes i should of done more research ), i think its a joke on fact that Pioneers flagship mixer is not capable of this when the 900nxs & the 850 are so much so i think i am going to return it & downgrade to the 900nxs !!
WarpNote 7:26 PM - 17 August, 2015
If your'e looking for DVS in the mixer, I would go for either 900SRT or 900NXS, If I were you.
Or even wait for the S9....
Thyroxine 6:06 PM - 18 August, 2015
Quote:
Having just bought a DJM-2000 Nexus i was very dissapointed there was no settings utility to allow the 2 phono inputs for DVS ( yes i should of done more research ), i think its a joke on fact that Pioneers flagship mixer is not capable of this when the 900nxs & the 850 are so much so i think i am going to return it & downgrade to the 900nxs !!

If you read the manual of DJM-2000 NXS, you will find that its soundcard has only one Mixer->Computer channel. Obviously, you need at least 2 channels for DVS.

In my opinion, don't change 2000 to 900. You'd better buy the Rane SL card in addition to 2000 if you want to use sensor screen and integrated effector.

If you don't use these features of 2000 at all, change it for 900SRT. It doesn't require the club kit license and has a better crossfader than 900 NXS and Phono preamps on all the four channels.
abeli 7:11 PM - 18 August, 2015
Iam ready to pay extra If serato team will create a patch to install in order to allow the software to work with Djm 2000nexus. I think it is possible to create pieces of codes which could first check for validity of the serato licence then detect if djm2000Nxs mixer is connected to the computer then emulate anything needed to make serato recognize DJM2000 mixer as supported hardware. I am sure Many Djm 2000Nxs owners will prefer to pay for a patch to install than hooking the machine through Sl boxes.
WarpNote 9:11 PM - 18 August, 2015
@abeli, as stated several times before, no patch will ever make the djm2000 able to run sdj, the mixer is not physically able to do it. Either get a sound card or get another mixer....

+ 1 on the srt btw, I prefer to run my vinyl decks on ch 2 & 3.
abeli 6:02 PM - 14 September, 2015
By trial, i was able to get Djm2000 and Pioneer Xdj1000 players work with serato by connecting my spare Numark Mixdeck express to unlock serato, then I took (little soldering inside) mixdeck right and left decks outputs to Djm2000 line 1 and 2 inputs. The 2 xdj 1000 are official accessories it was easy to connect and assign them as deck 1 and 2. I was then able to midi map Djm2000 crossfader as serato video crossfader. So at the end Iam able to put the Djm2000 and xdj1000 on top of the desk and Perform. Once connected, i have no need to touch the Mixdeck express. its put aside or under the desk.
Thank you everybody for your contributions.
Dj Owe 1:05 PM - 19 September, 2015
Quote:
By trial, i was able to get Djm2000 and Pioneer Xdj1000 players work with serato by connecting my spare Numark Mixdeck express to unlock serato, then I took (little soldering inside) mixdeck right and left decks outputs to Djm2000 line 1 and 2 inputs. The 2 xdj 1000 are official accessories it was easy to connect and assign them as deck 1 and 2. I was then able to midi map Djm2000 crossfader as serato video crossfader. So at the end Iam able to put the Djm2000 and xdj1000 on top of the desk and Perform. Once connected, i have no need to touch the Mixdeck express. its put aside or under the desk.
Thank you everybody for your contributions.

CAN U POST up a video of what it looks like please
tk_marley 12:37 PM - 13 January, 2016
Does it support the 750 at all yet it also has a sound card and is midi controllable
WarpNote 2:05 PM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
Does it support the 750 at all yet it also has a sound card and is midi controllable

The DJM-750 has a USB, 4 Stereo Inputs, 4 Stereo Outputs, 24 bit, 96 kHz sound card,
so I'm guessing it could be done.
Mike Czech 1:16 AM - 18 January, 2016
Twice now I have tried to use the DJM-900 nexus with SDJ. I have not been able to get the control records to be recognized by the software no matter what I tried. Is there a full flowchart diagram for how to set them up? The Pioneer setup panel is confusing, I just want to play with control records as usual. Nothing else. Turntables are plugged into channels 1 and 4 phono inputs.

There is an SL1 hooked up to this same set-up, and SSL works fine. Any help?
WarpNote 7:18 AM - 18 January, 2016
I've noticed that the first time you connect to a new DJM model, you will need to restart the mac after installing the driver, for DVS to work.

The setup:
You would need to connect the thru on the SL1 to the DJM900, either into Phono of the DJM if running turntables (or into Line/CD if running control cd's.) Also the SL1 needs to be powered either by wall socket or usb connection. If that's not an option, you need to take the SL1 out of the equation.

The panel is actually quite straight forward, mixer output should say "CH 1 Timecode PHONO" etc, if running turntables. ("CH 1 Timecode CD/LINE" etc, if running cd's).

Mixer should be set to USB input on the input selector for the DVS channels.

Let me know how you get along Mike, and I'll try to help you out :-)
Mike Czech 8:15 AM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
I've noticed that the first time you connect to a new DJM model, you will need to restart the mac after installing the driver, for DVS to work.

The setup:
You would need to connect the thru on the SL1 to the DJM900, either into Phono of the DJM if running turntables (or into Line/CD if running control cd's.) Also the SL1 needs to be powered either by wall socket or usb connection. If that's not an option, you need to take the SL1 out of the equation.

The panel is actually quite straight forward, mixer output should say "CH 1 Timecode PHONO" etc, if running turntables. ("CH 1 Timecode CD/LINE" etc, if running cd's).

Mixer should be set to USB input on the input selector for the DVS channels.

Let me know how you get along Mike, and I'll try to help you out :-)

Thanks for the help on this. I've done all you mentioned except for restarting the computer. This is a mixer at a club I only play at on Saturdays, so I will have to wait til next week to try it out again, but at least now I know I'm doing it all correctly.
WarpNote 8:26 AM - 18 January, 2016
Sure thing :D
BTW, You also might wanna make sure you are running the latest firmware.
-> www.pioneerdj.com
WarpNote 8:30 AM - 18 January, 2016
Also before restarting the computer, internal mode should still work, its just that for DVS, the Mac seems to need a restart. At least that was the case for me, and and a few of my buddy's computers, for the installs with DJM900, DJM850 and DJM-S9.
Mike Czech 7:20 PM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:
Also before restarting the computer, internal mode should still work, its just that for DVS, the Mac seems to need a restart. At least that was the case for me, and and a few of my buddy's computers, for the installs with DJM900, DJM850 and DJM-S9.

I had that experience with my first run on the S9. Also had to power on and off the S9 to get the timecode to get picked up.
WarpNote 6:24 PM - 19 January, 2016
Have installed 5 machines with the S9 now, all machines had to be restarted, but I never had to power toggle the mixer.
DEEJAAIDXB 8:37 PM - 4 April, 2016
Hi i am using serato with djm nexus and cdjs nexus everything connects perfect as i am using one usb out with hub connected to cdjs and second out directly to djm everything connects and works perfect but i have a issues with sound quality. there is a sound distortion when you play the music so i had to remove and reconnect my djm then it works fine i am facing this problem everyday. is the problem with usb cable or do i need to upgrade anything in my mac or djm nexus. or do i need to purchase any specific usb cable. need your suggestions and help.
DJ P... Da don 8:49 PM - 4 April, 2016
Quote:
Hi i am using serato with djm nexus and cdjs nexus everything connects perfect as i am using one usb out with hub connected to cdjs and second out directly to djm everything connects and works perfect but i have a issues with sound quality. there is a sound distortion when you play the music so i had to remove and reconnect my djm then it works fine i am facing this problem everyday. is the problem with usb cable or do i need to upgrade anything in my mac or djm nexus. or do i need to purchase any specific usb cable. need your suggestions and help.

Hi DEEJAAIDXB,
make sure the DJM 900 is running the latest firmware, had this same issue a while ago and someone from Serato suggested that to me, worked like a charm.
The only issue is annoyance of getting tracks labeled as played the moment you put them on a deck rather than after an X amount of time of them being played :(
Kimmy TDJ 2:40 AM - 16 April, 2016
Had the same problem... Using the latest firmware, software, +++... Still not working!!! Any ideas from serato users out there?

Quote:
omrisilver 10:34 PM - 25 January, 2017
To sell the djm 2000 nexus?
Never work with serato dj kit?
DjDLM 8:49 PM - 17 January, 2019
I have a dumb question. I’m an old school turntable dj and need to know if the pioneer dj850 is Serato DJ ready or do I need the interface box? I’ve used it with the box and I’m have massive issues like playing backwards. Please advise if it is a straight connect to my tables and my 17 MacBook Pro. Thanks in advance.
DjDLM 8:50 PM - 17 January, 2019
I have a dumb question. I’m an old school turntable dj and need to know if the pioneer dj850 is Serato DJ ready or do I need the interface box? I’ve used it with the box and I’m have massive issues like playing backwards. Please advise if it is a straight connect to my tables and my 17 MacBook Pro. Thanks in advance.
DJ P... Da don 2:54 AM - 18 January, 2019
Yes it is
Quote:

Yes, it will work, you just need to make sure that the DJM-850 has the latest Firmware
DjDLM 2:59 AM - 18 January, 2019
Sorry I meant DJM 800
DJ P... Da don 3:03 AM - 18 January, 2019
Quote:
Sorry I meant DJM 800

No, need to use an audio interface, I have a SL3 and it works great, what issues are you experiencing?