DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DDJ WeGo scratching

iAndrewx 12:26 AM - 2 January, 2015
First off i'm very impressed with Serato. it just got better with full Serato DJ trial and i shall be buying a license soon.

I'm not a scratch DJ at all, I only listen and mix trance.

I've watched so many tutorials and understand how it works but when i try i get nothing that can keep repeating the scratch if you get me.

I have scratch samples but not sure if i'm using them correctly. Do i need to drop them in a folder and use them from the scratch sample buttons or just load them on deck?
djpuma_gemini 2:21 AM - 2 January, 2015
There should be a "crush it" easter egg that enables that feature.
Not too familiar with it as I use scratch live and not serato dj.
 6 2:46 AM - 2 January, 2015
You have to load the scratch samples in a crate labeled "karate kid". It's a blue folder.

Look under hard drive/applicaions/serato/no skills/scratch

nm
iAndrewx 3:29 AM - 2 January, 2015
Quote:
There should be a "crush it" easter egg that enables that feature.
Not too familiar with it as I use scratch live and not serato dj.

Cheers but I don't have nothing like that in my settings.

Quote:
You have to load the scratch samples in a crate labeled "karate kid". It's a blue folder.

nm

Not sure if you're being serious or not. care to elaborate or give a serious answer if your trolling.
DJ Reflex 4:03 AM - 2 January, 2015
Scratch samples?
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com
iAndrewx 4:20 AM - 2 January, 2015
Quote:
Scratch samples?
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com

Can't expect a mature answer from someone who struggles to get 20 people on a dance floor eh.

Obviously some people have there heads in there arses on here.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:07 AM - 2 January, 2015
Quote:

Do i need to drop them in a folder and use them from the scratch sample buttons

Quote:

Well theres at least 1 lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:07 AM - 2 January, 2015
Quote:
Do i need to drop them in a folder and use them from the scratch sample buttons

Quote:

Well theres at least 1 lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:09 AM - 2 January, 2015
Quote:

I've watched so many tutorials and understand how it works but when i try i get nothing that can keep repeating the scratch if you get me.

What exactly ARE you doing?
iAndrewx 7:23 AM - 2 January, 2015
Basically loading a scratch sample onto a deck and scratching as you do yet it doesn't scratch like it should.

Changed a few settings for optimal scratching in settings panel like crossfader curve up full, buffer size (latency) at 5ms and still no go.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:47 AM - 2 January, 2015
Quote:
Basically loading a scratch sample onto a deck and scratching as you do yet it doesn't scratch like it should.

Changed a few settings for optimal scratching in settings panel like crossfader curve up full, buffer size (latency) at 5ms and still no go.

What are your computer specs...are you on a mac? Have you installed all security updates? Is your Antivirus up to date? Have you tried power cycling the modem?
iAndrewx 8:16 AM - 2 January, 2015
Windows 8.1
AMD A4-5000 APU 1.5Ghz
6GB ram
900GB HDD

Yes I have all the latest updates, Don't use an Anti virus (never have)

Which modem? My Internet BTHomehub?
DJ Remy USA 2:29 PM - 2 January, 2015
Quote:

nm

such an ass hole I literally lol'd
DJ Remy USA 2:34 PM - 2 January, 2015
Quote:

Ok bro to answer your question, smart ass comments aside. You have to practice a lot to get good at scratching. There are no computer settings in any program for that, scratching for the most part is still a manual art form. So just practice....start here

Watchwww.youtube.com

Intro to turntablism....it will get your scratching started. I highly recommend getting one turntable, controllers are not as good for scratching especially for someone who cannot do it at all. Yes you can scratch like Jazzy Jeff on a controller but it ALWAYS sounds better performed on a turntable.
MPC O.G. 2:55 PM - 2 January, 2015
I think the problem is the AMD chipset in your laptop. Serato doesn't play well with AMD. See if you can borrow another laptop with similar specs with an Intel chipset and see if that helps any. JUST MY OPINION OF THE SITUATION.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:20 PM - 2 January, 2015
Quote:
I think the problem is the AMD chipset in your laptop. Serato doesn't play well with AMD. See if you can borrow another laptop with similar specs with an Intel chipset and see if that helps any. JUST MY OPINION OF THE SITUATION.

This! Get a mac, after all its what Jazzy Jeff and Dj AM used to invent scratching in the first place.
sumoJr 4:50 PM - 2 January, 2015
make a short video it ll be easier to help you rather then trying to interpret your words
iAndrewx 6:22 PM - 2 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Ok bro to answer your question, smart ass comments aside. You have to practice a lot to get good at scratching. There are no computer settings in any program for that, scratching for the most part is still a manual art form. So just practice....start here

Watchwww.youtube.com

Intro to turntablism....it will get your scratching started. I highly recommend getting one turntable, controllers are not as good for scratching especially for someone who cannot do it at all. Yes you can scratch like Jazzy Jeff on a controller but it ALWAYS sounds better performed on a turntable.

Thanks, I still own two pairs of turntables just bought the WeGo to mess about on and for traveling. As i say tho I'm not a Scratcher at all.

Quote:

Yea i read about that, I did have the same problem with VDJ LE the software that came with it but it was no where near as good as Serato.

Cheers for the help guys, i'll look into the Intel and making a video of it later.
eder 1:16 AM - 3 January, 2015
Did you check the plasma fluid levels?

(nm)
djnak 1:37 AM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:

Thanks, I still own two pairs of turntables

what kind?...
what mixer were you using with ur turntables?
iAndrewx 2:18 AM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:

(nm)

How would i do that?

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks, I still own two pairs of turntables

what kind?...
what mixer were you using with ur turntables?

Pair of Stageline 202's, behringer djx900 and a pair of numark TTX1's.

---

I tried with an Intel laptop and still the same and it's better specs than mine.

(hopefully that's a good thing that it ain't the AMD chip)
Jesus Christ 3:14 AM - 3 January, 2015
Definitely sounds like Plasma Fluid levels. Here is what my screen looks like when I emptied almost all the plasma fluid. Notice the warning on the upper right and the "SCRATCH" button is darker and disabled.

i1172.photobucket.com
iAndrewx 3:38 AM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
Definitely sounds like Plasma Fluid levels. Here is what my screen looks like when I emptied almost all the plasma fluid. Notice the warning on the upper right and the "SCRATCH" button is darker and disabled.

i1172.photobucket.com

Did empyting the plasma fluid fix it for you? How would i empty it myself
DJ Reflex 3:48 AM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
Can't expect a mature answer from someone who struggles to get 20 people on a dance floor eh.

Hey, there was only 19 people at the party!
Jesus Christ 3:51 AM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

i1172.photobucket.com

Did empyting the plasma fluid fix it for you? How would i empty it myself

No. I emptied the Plasma Fluid so it would give me the warning. I filled it back up and now the Scratching feature works again.
iAndrewx 4:03 AM - 3 January, 2015
oh ok, how do you empty the plasma fluid?
DJ Remy USA 1:25 PM - 3 January, 2015
So much win in this thread Ay dios mio.
 6 4:41 PM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:

Look under settings. It's says Flux Capacitor.

nm
sumoJr 5:18 PM - 3 January, 2015
yes my scratching gets bogged down often
when there is is garbage in my flux capacitor

but if you post a video we might be able to be of better help
iAndrewx 6:37 PM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

nm

en.wikipedia.org ............ really
 6 8:51 PM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nm

en.wikipedia.org ............ really

While you're at it, did you look up plasma fluid? lmao

nm
sumoJr 8:59 PM - 3 January, 2015
this forums got jokes for the new year
iAndrewx 9:04 PM - 3 January, 2015
Serato sort your shitty forums out with all the immature cunts.
AKIEM 9:12 PM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
Serato sort your shitty forums out with all the immature cunts.

(no chester)

nm
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:13 PM - 3 January, 2015
alrights alrights calm down, son

with the loss of Stevie G it's best not to anger a scouse right now, there is no telling what their liable to do, but I think it's safe to say he won't be breaking out any scratches or cuts

ha ha
iAndrewx 9:16 PM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
alrights alrights calm down, son

with the loss of Stevie G it's best not to anger a scouse right now, there is no telling what their liable to do, but I think it's safe to say he won't be breaking out any scratches or cuts

ha ha

Try harder
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:20 PM - 3 January, 2015
I could say the same about your scratching
iAndrewx 9:26 PM - 3 January, 2015
You're Irish, can't expect a lot of common sense from you folks when you bomb one another over made up religion.

Now come again and try harder please.
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:30 PM - 3 January, 2015
My scratching is the bomb,

and i'm not the slightest bit religious, I'm from the Republic where most of us don't dwell on the past and get on with things and leave the mess up north to the brits seeing as they wanted our country so bad you can have the bit we don't want back
iAndrewx 9:33 PM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
My scratching is the bomb,

and i'm not the slightest bit religious, I'm from the Republic where most of us don't dwell on the past and get on with things and leave the mess up north to the brits seeing as they wanted our country so bad you can have the bit we don't want back

Hush you little leprechaun

Would you believe me if i said I fixed it? Does that hurt you deep down inside know that.

Pa taa tooe?
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:41 PM - 3 January, 2015
I wouldn't believe you, and what I find even funnier is the thought of you scratching on that wego, ha ha

but seeing at this convo is going around in circles and has out lived my entertainment I shall be on my way as these potatoes won't eat themself, but if I ever need to put a donk on it you'll be the first person I'll contact
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:41 PM - 3 January, 2015
I wouldn't believe you, and what I find even funnier is the thought of you scratching on that wego, ha ha

but seeing at this convo is going around in circles and has out lived my entertainment I shall be on my way as these potatoes won't eat themself, but if I ever need to put a donk on it you'll be the first person I'll contact
iAndrewx 9:43 PM - 3 January, 2015
You may wanna read up a few posts and see what i own. Still hurt inside does it?
AKIEM 9:48 PM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
You're Irish, can't expect a lot of common sense from you folks when you bomb one another over made up religion.

Now come again and try harder please.

I had a land rover. It was poorly crafted.

nm
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:49 PM - 3 January, 2015
Dam now I am hurting inside,

with laughter at your behringer mixer
iAndrewx 9:56 PM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
Dam now I am hurting inside,

with laughter at your behringer mixer

Thanks, glad you love my setup old fella.

Keep trying, you make look cool one day who knows.
 6 10:06 PM - 3 January, 2015
lol @ behringer

nm
AKIEM 10:08 PM - 3 January, 2015
I had a behringer. it was poorly crafted.

nm
iAndrewx 10:11 PM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
crafted

You play R kelly, Mase, toni braxton in your music hahah hardly one to "lol" at anything
iAndrewx 10:11 PM - 3 January, 2015
^ Meant for 6
iAndrewx 10:14 PM - 3 January, 2015
Wow i actually think i'd rather top myself than listen to that jiggly pimp music
Jesus Christ 10:16 PM - 3 January, 2015
Holy shit... relax people! Just look inside your Serato box or mixer (if you use one with the hardware built in). There is a clear container with a green or red fluid in it (depending on manufacturer). You can clearly see when it's low -- less than 25% full. Just use the spout on top to fill with the supplied plasma fluid. If you bought your device from someone who didn't supply you with the spare fluid, call them and insist that they give it to you. At $100 an ounce, you better get it.

Here's what the inside of my Rane TTM57 looks like: i42.tinypic.com
DJ Remy USA 10:17 PM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
Wow i actually think i'd rather top myself than listen to that jiggly pimp music

Jiggly pimp music...wtf

What is exactly topping yourself?
iAndrewx 10:22 PM - 3 January, 2015
Topping yourself - www.urbandictionary.com
Jesus Christ 10:25 PM - 3 January, 2015
iAndrewx, it wasn't bad enough that you are calling well-respected members of the community names... now you're suggesting they kill themselves? Well, that kind of behavior isn't tolerated around here. Good luck getting any further assistance with your scratching.
iAndrewx 10:28 PM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
iAndrewx, it wasn't bad enough that you are calling well-respected members of the community names... now you're suggesting they kill themselves? Well, that kind of behavior isn't tolerated around here. Good luck getting any further assistance with your scratching.

And it's my fault those respected members are plain dick heads that couldn't answer a simple question in the first place and had to make shit up? wow these forums must have some real intelligent people if those are respected members.

Also I said I'd rather top myself than listen to that crap. no mention of them doing it anywhere.
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:30 PM - 3 January, 2015
Your fucked now, even Jesus hates you, and he's ment to love everyone,
I thought you couldnt get any better after your mixer post but your proving me wrong
MPC O.G. 10:30 PM - 3 January, 2015
Your "URBAN" dictionary is wrong, or EUROCENTRIC. In my neck of the woods, TOP means HEAD, as in GETTING YOUR DICK SUCKED! It also means getting YOUR PUSSY LICKED. According to who is saying it. Class dismissed. Remember AMERICAN english, and the QUEEN's english are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.
iAndrewx 10:32 PM - 3 January, 2015
You're not your you uneducated child.
iAndrewx 10:33 PM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
Your "URBAN" dictionary is wrong, or EUROCENTRIC. In my neck of the woods, TOP means HEAD, as in GETTING YOUR DICK SUCKED! It also means getting YOUR PUSSY LICKED. According to who is saying it. Class dismissed. Remember AMERICAN english, and the QUEEN's english are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Well seeing as I'm English brains i used the English context of the words.
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:34 PM - 3 January, 2015
Just courious did you get a shovel for Christmas?
Jesus Christ 10:35 PM - 3 January, 2015
Grammar... the difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit.
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:36 PM - 3 January, 2015
The 11th commandment
iAndrewx 10:40 PM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
Grammar... the difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit.

Wow i wish i could be like all the cool kids in here
Jesus Christ 11:02 PM - 3 January, 2015
Sorry, all the cool kids can actually scratch without a button that does it for them.
iAndrewx 11:08 PM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
Sorry, all the cool kids can actually scratch without a button that does it for them.

Rawrr so much anger in that. WeGo doesn't have a button that does it for you tho. nice try tho Mr Respected member.
MPC O.G. 11:26 PM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
You're not your you uneducated child.

YOU ARE instead of YOUR....YOU are the uneducated child. YOU are the one crying on the FORUM. I WAS trying to be helpful, but I see that's not and option with YOU. Clean the sand out of YOUR vagina and put on a new pad and TRY to be a big girl.
sumoJr 11:34 PM - 3 January, 2015
feelings got hurt.

internet did its job again
MPC O.G. 11:54 PM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
feelings got hurt.

internet did its job again

NO FEELINGS AT ALL. Sometimes you HAVE to talk to people who THINK they are SUPERIOR in a certain way to show them the error of their ways......
 6 12:08 AM - 4 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
crafted

You play R kelly, Mase, toni braxton in your music hahah hardly one to "lol" at anything

So you think because one of my mixes has those artists, that's all I play. You're dumber than I thought. Go back to emptying plasma fluids.

;-)

nm
Papa Midnight 12:14 AM - 4 January, 2015
Quote:

nm

Quote:

(nm)

Quote:

i1172.photobucket.com

Holy crap. You've all got jokes. I'm laughing so hard right now.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:48 AM - 4 January, 2015
lol @ this thread...

Good to see some FUNNY jokes nowadays...
iAndrewx 12:49 AM - 4 January, 2015
These are the so called respected members you talked about? I asked a simple question and get answers you'd expect from a 5 year old.

And how did i think i was superior when the sheep in this thread were the ones replying with immature crap to begin with rather than help.

Doesn't matter now tho as I fixed it myself so i'll leave you to get on with your sad lives thinking trolling on forums when people ask for help is mildly amusing.
DJ Reflex 2:51 AM - 4 January, 2015
Quote:
Doesn't matter now tho as I fixed it myself

Plasma fluid levels back to normal and flux capacitor is running at 100% - good job!
 6 6:56 AM - 4 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Plasma fluid levels back to normal and flux capacitor is running at 100% - good job!

lol

nm
Jesus Christ 8:06 AM - 4 January, 2015
Quote:
These are the so called respected members you talked about? I asked a simple question and get answers you'd expect from a 5 year old.

And how did i think i was superior when the sheep in this thread were the ones replying with immature crap to begin with rather than help.

Doesn't matter now tho as I fixed it myself so i'll leave you to get on with your sad lives thinking trolling on forums when people ask for help is mildly amusing.

Yes... respected. Not because they're choir boys who can do no wrong. They're respected because they're not whiny cunts that don't cry like a little bitch when they don't get their way. We've seen them come and we've seen them go. We know what a non-contributing member looks like from a mile away. "Give me this!" "Give me that!" "Tell me how to do what took you years to learn... and MAKE IT SNAPPY!!!"

Let's see... how should I put this so even YOU will understand it?

Please be so kind as to go fuck yourself!
Jesus Christ 8:07 AM - 4 January, 2015
Jesus Christ 8:08 AM - 4 January, 2015
Watchwww.youtube.com

Meh... try this link.
sumoJr 8:25 AM - 4 January, 2015
haha, you guys ruined it all
I bet we could have had him take off the faceplate and maybe even a few faders
to find the flux capacitor
and have it on video
 6 8:26 AM - 4 January, 2015
Quote:
haha, you guys ruined it all
I bet we could have had him take off the faceplate and maybe even a few faders
to find the flux capacitor
and have it on video

lol

nm
Scully DJ Services 8:27 AM - 4 January, 2015
Dang yall are brutal...
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:45 PM - 4 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Great Scott, Where did he find the 1.21 gigawatts needed to power it?!
sumoJr 4:57 PM - 4 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Great Scott, Where did he find the 1.21 gigawatts needed to power it?!

he routed the star burst engine into the flux
should get him up to warp speed but I dont know how long it ll last captain
Detroitbootybass 5:10 PM - 4 January, 2015
Let me get this straight - did the OP ask how he could get the software to scratch for him via a button press?
ral 7:28 PM - 4 January, 2015
button scratching - Watchm.youtube.com

other technique - Watchm.youtube.com
dj_soo 8:30 AM - 5 January, 2015
you have to actually learn how to scratch.
DJ Remy USA 3:39 PM - 5 January, 2015
I tried helping the OP, I gave him good info Im not even sure if he looked at it or not.
eder 2:42 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:

Doesn't matter now tho as I fixed myself so i'll leave you to get on with your sad lives thinking trolling on forums when people ask for help is mildly amusing.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

(nm)
CMOS 5:54 PM - 23 January, 2015
These guys are selling larger quantities of plasma fluid.

www.directtools.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:55 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
These guys are selling larger quantities of plasma fluid.

www.directtools.com

oOOHHH GreenCut!
Gio Alex 3:31 AM - 12 February, 2015
Why am I just reading this thread now? I laughed so fucking loud!
Gio Alex 3:33 AM - 12 February, 2015
Quote:
Let me get this straight - did the OP ask how he could get the software to scratch for him via a button press?

Welp, he can do it this way... djworx.com lol
nik39 11:59 AM - 12 February, 2015
Quote:
Why am I just reading this thread now? I laughed so fucking loud!

+1
CMOS 9:57 PM - 12 February, 2015
Mannnnnn fuck technology.

One button scratching:

djworx.com
dj_jamil75 9:24 AM - 23 July, 2015
long time lurker, but this thread right here, have my sides hurting from laughing...