DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

It's all Fucked, time to retire!

BIGG BEAR 4:38 AM - 29 December, 2014
Revisited a club recently that I used to DJ at over 20 years ago,it was a bit of an eyeopener,the layouts not changed much its just more modern with new sound and lights.

Anyway the sound system could be quite good however the 2 muppets on the decks were probably playing bad quality mp3s,the bass was nice and heavy but the mids were distorted and the highs virtually none existent.

We had a look at the booth [from a distance] standard mixer,laptop running virtual dj I suspect but can't confirm headphone splitter into 2 channels on the mixer and no decks or cdjs not even a cuntroller they were using the keyboard shortcuts to play ffs !!!!

The worst part of all of this is that both me and my friend who is an ex dj were probably the only ones who noticed this shit sound and lack of proper mixing equipment.
The crowd were dancing away and quite happy.
In fact the music played was on point and the mixing was ok,not a beat was missed and most tunes dropped in the right place.

My point is these two idiots on the decks are probably using a cracked copy of vdj are playing music downloaded from torrent sites and can't even be bothered to invest in a decent soundcard and some pro gear plus they are probably charging next to fuck all,yet the crowd don't seem to notice or even care.

So how the fuck are the djs who have the good skills and the proper gear supposed to compete and charge good money when it seem that no fucker can tell the difference between good and bad?

After what I saw it re enforced the feeling that I've had for some time and that is that DJing is fucked beyond all recognition,the good times have well and truley gone for most of us and that its time to retire!
nathans1 4:54 AM - 29 December, 2014
Yeah maybe your right but the first time Bert and Ernie run into a computer glitch and cant recover....I think truly well crafted and skilled djs have a future that goes much further than advancements in technology.
SeriousCyrus 5:55 AM - 29 December, 2014
Nah, in my town, admitedly a very small town, a new club opened a year ago, tiny place, no fancy lights, great sound system and only get good djs in, the place is crammed.

I've been noticing it as a foreigner in a new town who likes music, more and more places are catering to a crowd that's bored of the bigger mainstream clubs. You know the clubs i mean when i say mainstream, not just the top40 places, but the horrible edm places full of steroided guys and tanned girls, I'm sure there are there's one or two in every town. It's all about being seen.

But recently i see places that make an effort to not be like that, and the audience exists for it, and they appreciate good music, it's spreading, but they'll never go for the coverage of those bigger clubs for fear of attracting the crowds they offer.
BIGG BEAR 5:13 PM - 29 December, 2014
Like I said the 2 muppet DJs are most likely charging next to nothing,the sound was shit but the crowd did'nt care they still danced and enjoyed themselves.

The expectation is so low and people are used to poor quality,it seems that poor quality is now the standard,the only way they would have the intelligence to know better would be to do a direct a b comparrison but that's not going to happen.

So crap is the new norm as far as these customers and the managment are concerned so why would they want to pay me a lot more money because I use proper gear and good quality music files when they are happy with what they have and are oblivious to the fact that its actually crap.
sumoJr 5:51 PM - 29 December, 2014
what you are complaining about is nothing new in our world
whatever gets the job done and is close enough is what passes as a "good job" now
why do you think McDonalds serves millions a day?

and being that the average party (at a club/bar) going doesnt really care about
good djs, let alone quality music files

but there is a new wave of people that want quality
the more people are educated on the matter the higher the standard
BIGG BEAR 5:58 PM - 29 December, 2014
Quote:

And how is that going to happen?
DJ Remy USA 7:34 PM - 29 December, 2014
You know what Bigg Bear, what you have to do is step away from the clubs and start DJing everywhere else. Im a club DJ but this past year I have still been rocking clubs but my mobile scene is way better.

Mobile scene people seem to like a real DJ who uses real gear and with good music quality. Im charging almost 7-900 per mobile event these days and Im doing at least 1 to 2 a month. Fuck these clubs I just do them so people see me out there but they aint paying shit. Mobile DJing is where its at for me for now and mobile DJing is actually fun you can scratch beat juggle and show your talent at these events and people love it. Ive gone as far as making my mobiles into mini clubs.

We have lights full on dance floor type ish
We have Co2 with Canons (mobile crowds love that shit)
Big sound

wit those elements my mobiles are like clubs now the music is loud, bass is thumpin, lights are going crazy, smoke machines, and Co2 Canons....shoot man you may need to start doing what Im doing and leaving the club.
sumoJr 7:52 PM - 29 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

And how is that going to happen?

I find usually with smaller shows/parties/showcases
people have more access to the source (In this case djing) to the knowledge
there will always be people that dont care what the source is as long as the outcome will
fill their need for that moment
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:55 PM - 29 December, 2014
Quote:

where?
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:01 PM - 29 December, 2014
Quote:
Revisited a club recently that I used to DJ at over 20 years ago,it was a bit of an eyeopener,the layouts not changed much its just more modern with new sound and lights.

Anyway the sound system could be quite good however the 2 muppets on the decks were probably playing bad quality mp3s,the bass was nice and heavy but the mids were distorted and the highs virtually none existent.

We had a look at the booth [from a distance] standard mixer,laptop running virtual dj I suspect but can't confirm headphone splitter into 2 channels on the mixer and no decks or cdjs not even a cuntroller they were using the keyboard shortcuts to play ffs !!!!

The worst part of all of this is that both me and my friend who is an ex dj were probably the only ones who noticed this shit sound and lack of proper mixing equipment.
In fact the music played was on point and the mixing was ok,not a beat was missed and most tunes dropped in the right place.

My point is these two idiots on the decks are probably using a cracked copy of vdj are playing music downloaded from torrent sites and can't even be bothered to invest in a decent soundcard and some pro gear plus they are probably charging next to fuck all,yet the crowd don't seem to notice or even care.

So how the fuck are the djs who have the good skills and the proper gear supposed to compete and charge good money when it seem that no fucker can tell the difference between good and bad?

After what I saw it re enforced the feeling that I've had for some time and that is that DJing is fucked beyond all recognition,the good times have well and truley gone for most of us and that its time to retire!

I can top this. The spot I play at has a small upstairs room. The manager comes up to me before hand and tells me they got a new dj on staff who will be up there. Half way into the night I throw on a bathroom break mix and pop up there.......dude has a 2 channel numark and 2 cell phones. All he is doing is crossfading from one mp3/youtube/spotify track to the other. lHe was also telling people if they had a track on their phones hed play it. I laughed thinking"hahaha that guy got one over on the manager".......hes now the upstairs resident....crowd loves it....
phonze 8:05 PM - 29 December, 2014
Welcome to the club scene lol
DJ Remy USA 8:10 PM - 29 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I can top this. The spot I play at has a small upstairs room. The manager comes up to me before hand and tells me they got a new dj on staff who will be up there. Half way into the night I throw on a bathroom break mix and pop up there.......dude has a 2 channel numark and 2 cell phones. All he is doing is crossfading from one mp3/youtube/spotify track to the other. lHe was also telling people if they had a track on their phones hed play it. I laughed thinking"hahaha that guy got one over on the manager".......hes now the upstairs resident....crowd loves it....

So hes a juke box thats all some places need is juke box. Tell the manager remove the DJ and replace with a juke box. That way he can charge per song. Ive actually seen a lot of smaller places doing this they all closed in six months as well. Not saying its DJ related but every placed right after they went to a crowd picks the music all night type deal. It may work tho in your area if the crowd isnt diverse
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:36 PM - 29 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So hes a juke box thats all some places need is juke box.

No, jukeboxs dont train wreck
ral 9:00 PM - 29 December, 2014
this issue is not just the club scene

it's worst in the mobile biz

its all about bringing your skills up and bringing quality equipment, clients will notice and they will book you

the rest of the cheap clients, they get what they pay for - not worth it working with those cheapo so move on
 6 9:35 PM - 29 December, 2014
.... Except when there are morons doing mobiles with quality equipment who are undercutting too. Then, you're fucked no matter what. In my area, and I'm not talking about just my town, most mobiles can't go past $400-$600. I, of course, don't bother with a mobile unless I can get more but it is what it is. It all depends on the market and the circumstances other DJ/business have created.

nm
phonze 9:40 PM - 29 December, 2014
I do pretty much all mobiles, and yeah 400-600 sounds about right. Unless it's a wedding, I'm hard pressed to get more then that. And it's cool with me, I know the company isn't making money they are spending. Whereas with club gigs, they are making money but still won't shell out much to the DJ unless you are a big name. So I figure why bother.
 6 9:44 PM - 29 December, 2014
Yeah. That was weddings btw. For other mobile stuff, you'd be lucky if you can find clients willing to pay more than $300. It just ain't going to happen, but you have a ton of DJ's (with professional equipment and skills) doing them left and right.

I rather stay home and spend time with my family.
nm
 6 10:02 PM - 29 December, 2014
And just FYI, I'm not complaining. It is what it is and the market conditions don't affect my wallet. I don't make a living from DJing and it's fun for me and only accept gigs (club or mobile) that serve my best interest.

Plus knowing I don't contribute to DJing in a negative way by whoring myself out is perfectly fine with me.

nm
BIGG BEAR 11:07 PM - 29 December, 2014
Quote:
We have lights full on dance floor type ish
Big sound

Any photos of your mobile to give me a better idea please?

Quote:
I don't make a living from DJing and it's fun for me and only accept gigs (club or mobile) that serve my best interest.

Were you a full time dj in the past how did you make the transition to being part time/for fun?
BIGG BEAR 11:37 PM - 29 December, 2014
Here's a recent idea from a club gig over here,this is at the better end of the scale but still no where near what it used to be. I've converted fee to us dollars.

200 mile round trip
6 hours djing
total time from setting off to getting back home 11 hours
Fee approx $250 and thats before tax and fuel and other expenses.

Would you say it's not worth the trouble?
 6 1:07 AM - 30 December, 2014
Quote:
Were you a full time dj in the past how did you make the transition to being part time/for fun?

I've always had a career job but I've went from DJing basically full time (as my regular job has always been like 1-3 days out of the week on salary lol) to just DJing whenever I wanted to.

I did a lot of radio and clubs and at one point I was doing clubs about 3-5 days a week, also did mobiles in between. I've never really liked the mobile scene even though it has always paid more - but DJing has always been a hobby that paid well until the last few years.

Have I ever wanted to be a real full time DJ? Nope. I've always seen how that compromises how you really feel about things. When you have to pursue any kind of gig just for the paycheck, then the art usually suffers. Not always, but most of the time.

nm
 6 1:07 AM - 30 December, 2014
Quote:
Here's a recent idea from a club gig over here,this is at the better end of the scale but still no where near what it used to be. I've converted fee to us dollars.

200 mile round trip
6 hours djing
total time from setting off to getting back home 11 hours
Fee approx $250 and thats before tax and fuel and other expenses.

Would you say it's not worth the trouble?

I just have one word to say to this.

Ouch!

nm
 6 1:09 AM - 30 December, 2014
"We have lights full on dance floor type ish
Big sound"

For people who do the above, it all depends on your market. Like in my market, there's a huge company that basically picks up all the high end gigs because they basically have anything to cater to anyone - professionally.

So, all the mid/lower end gigs are left for everyone else and, like I said, DJ's themselves through competition and bad judgment have fuck up the game even more.

nm
eugguy 2:31 AM - 30 December, 2014
When you pay for shit, you get shit. When you are shit, you accept shit. The good DJ's won't accept shit pay. You are basically looking at a toilet and complaining that there is shit in there. But...I do agree that most 18-25 year olds love shit music...for the most part. Sad and true.
DeeJay*CASPER 2:35 AM - 30 December, 2014
easiest solution to everything you just said.

"stop worrying about what their doing and worry about what your doing."

worked for me.
Dj Mcwhite 5:38 AM - 30 December, 2014
You guys think you have it bad, in my college town bar owners will ask random people in the bar to sit and pull up youtube videos all night for $20. Gonna have to start driving half an hour away to gig at bars and clubs now.
 6 8:22 AM - 30 December, 2014
Quote:
You guys think you have it bad, in my college town bar owners will ask random people in the bar to sit and pull up youtube videos all night for $20. Gonna have to start driving half an hour away to gig at bars and clubs now.

Lol

Now I've heard it all

Nm
nathans1 8:39 AM - 30 December, 2014
You think that's bad, im my town they have two guys at the local bar playing a kazoo and one guy tap dancing to make beats...
DJ Remy USA 3:00 PM - 30 December, 2014
Quote:

worked for me.

we were just talking about this a few weeks ago right.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:15 PM - 30 December, 2014
Quote:

worked for me.

....until what they're doing starts to directly effect what you're doing..
pdidy 5:02 PM - 30 December, 2014
Why is no one questioning the fact that the op is basing the discussion on 1 and only 1 club he used to dj at OVER 20 YEARS AGO ?

Is this the only club in existence where the OP is from ?

What has the OP been doing for the past 20 years and is he even relevant ?
BIGG BEAR 5:24 PM - 30 December, 2014
Quote:
Why is no one questioning the fact that the op is basing the discussion on 1 and only 1 club he used to dj at OVER 20 YEARS AGO ?

Seasons greetings P Diddy you can question me all you want,I've been a pro dj nearly 30 years worked in many venues clubs/bars/mobile used to do virtually every night of the week.now the work is not so plentiful usually 2 nights a week and the money is crap compared to what it used to be.Going back to this old venue that I've not stepped foot in for over 20 years just brought it home with like a sledgehammer how things have gone downhill and backwards and how the general expectation is so low.My opinion is not based on this one instance but on the way things seem to be going,I don't profese to know it all so maybe its just me!

Quote:
Is this the only club in existence where the OP is from ?

Nope I work within about a 100 mile radius of where I live.
Picture seems to be the same or similar overall

Quote:
What has the OP been doing for the past 20 years and is he even relevant ?

Working in various clubs/bars and mobiles,I'm getting on a bit now,am I even relevant I really don't know anymore,always do a good job but relevant I don't know that's why I'm considering calling it a day,its not so easy though as what will I use to replace income.
DJ Reflex 4:08 AM - 31 December, 2014
Quote:
Ive gone as far as making my mobiles into mini clubs.

I got to go with this too. It's a pain to set up, but when I bring all my gear (or shall I say "When the bride pays for all my gear") it is a fun, club style event. I get compliments all the time for my equipment, music selection and quality, and skills on the turntables. Not bragging, but just trying to show (maybe to OP most of all) that there are people who appreciate - and pay top dollar - to have a quality DJ entertaining the crowd.

They just happen to be at mobile gigs!!!
pdidy 4:36 AM - 31 December, 2014
Well BIGG BEAR, it sounds like it's time to stop being just the DJ and make yourself the boss. Well that's basically what I did years ago when I felt the way you did, I stopped being just the DJ and became the promoter and then hired myself.

And if you take one look at my Soundsystem I think it's pretty clear that I too have "gone as far as making my mobiles into mini clubs." In order to separate myself from the pack.

The question is are you willing to put in the work in order to move onto the next step ?
DJ Remy USA 9:44 PM - 1 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I got to go with this too. It's a pain to set up, but when I bring all my gear (or shall I say "When the bride pays for all my gear") it is a fun, club style event. I get compliments all the time for my equipment, music selection and quality, and skills on the turntables. Not bragging, but just trying to show (maybe to OP most of all) that there are people who appreciate - and pay top dollar - to have a quality DJ entertaining the crowd.

This just finished a mobile NYE event private party about 100 people. They paid for the mini club so we had lazers, smoke, lights, etc all that jazz and Im adding Co2 this spring Im marketing EDM style weddings since the EDM heads are gonna get married to they want their parties fist pumping and they are paying for it.

Mobiles FTW when clubs aint cracking
BIGG BEAR 10:07 PM - 1 January, 2015
Quote:
This just finished a mobile NYE event private party about 100 people. They paid for the mini club so we had lazers, smoke, lights, etc all that jazz and Im adding Co2 this spring Im marketing EDM style weddings since the EDM heads are gonna get married to they want their parties fist pumping and they are paying for it.

Hey DJ Remy how do you work this mini club mobile thing?
Do you hire in all the extra stuff to turn it into a mini club or have you bought it all?
reason I ask is if I started mobile giging again I suspect initially for most my gigs the mini club would be overkill and not required ,I'm limited to a small to medium setup that I can get in the car and would'nt want a lot of expensive gear sat at home not being used and going out of date! How do you work it?
 6 1:15 AM - 2 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How much are you charging for the mini club experience? I wouldn't charge less than $2000 for all that stuff to bring and I know in my market that would be an impossible rate so definitely not something doable.

nm
 6 1:17 AM - 2 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hey DJ Remy how do you work this mini club mobile thing?
Do you hire in all the extra stuff to turn it into a mini club or have you bought it all?
reason I ask is if I started mobile giging again I suspect initially for most my gigs the mini club would be overkill and not required ,I'm limited to a small to medium setup that I can get in the car and would'nt want a lot of expensive gear sat at home not being used and going out of date! How do you work it?

This. What I've seen from the big dogs in town is that they resale and rebuy new equipment every year. I'm sure it has to do for tax purposes as well.

nm
DJ Remy USA 2:41 AM - 2 January, 2015
I work with a guy who rents all that stuff and brings it out for a good price I charge a lot but the clients pay cause they want it especially when you sell it using pictures. The brides,event coordinator, etc always fall in love and want it. It took me 3 yrs to build to good clients that want this type of stuff so its always an initial investment takinf out stuff to events to show it off. Im happy to do it and I get a lot of referrels now. I still do clubs hell I played in 5 different states this yr so Ive been blessed by the DJ God.. .lol
DJ Remy USA 2:49 AM - 2 January, 2015
The key is having a reliable light man that has good sound and charges fair. I always work with him so he keeps a good rate cause I keep him busy with me throughout the year. You gotta have a partner who gets it and wants to go after the bigger clients.

The mobile game gets deep in D.C a guy named DJ Chris Stylez just did a mobile event for NYE with 5000 people fuckin insane light show. I bet he racked big money like the DJ is supposed to on NYE. The mobile industry doesnt have to be corny you got club DJs doing them more and more.
phonze 2:52 AM - 2 January, 2015
Yeah having a good light guy that you can source to and will give you a reasonable rate works well. I do the same thing, but I don't get too many clients willing to do that stuff outside of weddings.
DJ Reflex 4:01 AM - 2 January, 2015
Good lighting is where it's at! You can have crappy speakers and minimal TT skills, but rock a large party with quality lighting. I've seen the biggest production companies in my area do this. Their staple is lighting (and the trussing to go with it).

I am starting to get more into various lighting options. I am also building many new effects including CO2, high quality lasers, UV, and low lying fog. I'll see how it goes and report with pics after Feb.
DJ Remy USA 1:49 PM - 2 January, 2015
Those UV lights plus lazers with a disco positioned perfectly gives you that big room feel when your rocking the party. Good lazers are expensive.

As I rent from this guy I take note on what works best for certain situations. When I get this Co2 added its gonna crush the out door events this summer.
rayjthedj 2:33 PM - 2 January, 2015
The money is not in the clubs and bars for mobile DJs anymore. Weddings will make you the most money, followed by sweet 16's and special ethnic events, then private parties and lastly school events.

All of the above will usually pay more than club events. If you can't make from $150 and up per hour played, using your equipment or at least $75.00 an hour using installed equipment, stay home.
Chrisjin 3:04 PM - 2 January, 2015
all is lost. doom and gloom.
DJUnknown 10:56 PM - 2 January, 2015
Quote:
Yeah. That was weddings btw. For other mobile stuff, you'd be lucky if you can find clients willing to pay more than $300. It just ain't going to happen, but you have a ton of DJ's (with professional equipment and skills) doing them left and right.

I rather stay home and spend time with my family.
nm

^^^This right here, and worse is when you have DJ peers that don't understand this. You leave them alone and let them do their thing, but they are steadily yapping that you charge too much, they just don't get it!
DJ Remix Detroit 1:41 AM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
cuntroller

i see what you did there...lol
DJ Reflex 3:48 AM - 3 January, 2015
Quote:
Those UV lights plus lazers with a disco positioned perfectly gives you that big room feel when your rocking the party. Good lazers are expensive.

Yup, just dropped 3 grand on one!
Scully DJ Services 8:37 AM - 3 January, 2015
@Reflex Dang with you being a teacher thats like half of your annual salary lol
DJ Reflex 2:52 AM - 4 January, 2015
Quote:
@Reflex Dang with you being a teacher thats like half of your annual salary lol

Yup - tell me about it! lol
Scully DJ Services 3:09 AM - 4 January, 2015
What subjects do you teach and for what grade level?
lvmez 3:36 AM - 4 January, 2015
I spent about $3500-$4000 in lights last year. The only way to compete is with good lighting. People want that club feeling.

The only issue is the amount of time lighting takes to set up and break down. The money has to be there. I now offer lighting with every package but i have made smaller set ups that still look good.
d:raf 7:00 AM - 4 January, 2015
Flashback: serato.com
BIGG BEAR 8:24 PM - 4 January, 2015
@ d:rad I just read the flash back.
Difference is when I said time to retire I was only referring to myself.
BIGG BEAR 8:25 PM - 4 January, 2015
Oops meant to say d;raf
BIGG BEAR 8:39 PM - 4 January, 2015
Wonder what dude in flashback link is doing in 2015 be funny if he's made a dj comeback.
DJ Reflex 11:17 PM - 4 January, 2015
Quote:
Wonder what dude in flashback link is doing in 2015 be funny if he's made a dj comeback.

If he's kept up on relevant technology, lighting, crowd adaptations, and music styles... then yes, probably. If he just sits around and complains about how all the "new cats" are undercutting him with controllers and how the DJ game is so jacked up... then no.

Ivmez has the right idea. It does take a lot on $$$ to put together a good show, but when you find the right market, you can make it all back shortly (1-3 yrs). I recently switched to including a lighting package with each wedding as well and charging a bit more... we'll see how it works in 2015.

Scully DJ - I teach 8th grade physical science. Favorite unit is "Lights & Sound" - a DJ / teacher's dream combo! lol
Scully DJ Services 12:05 AM - 5 January, 2015
Dang I wish my school offered that class. That sounds fun
DJ Remy USA 5:41 PM - 5 January, 2015
Heres how my mobile mini clubs turn out. In case DJs are curious the initial imvestment is expensive so either rent the gear or take out loan and buy it.

This is a wedding but I play them just like clubs EDM HIPHOP TWERK ALL THAT at the wedding

instagram.com
BIGG BEAR 5:46 PM - 5 January, 2015
Looks nice what happens about granny and grandad and all the aunts and uncles when they want ymca and such like?
DJ Remy USA 5:57 PM - 5 January, 2015
Quote:
Looks nice what happens about granny and grandad and all the aunts and uncles when they want ymca and such like?

Thanks man

I play that stuff too. Its more open format plus the sets last about 2hrs max so choosing music is easier. Play the cheesy shit get on the mic hype em up you do love doing this. They enjoy the DJ theatrics of scratching I find too.
DJ Reflex 11:30 PM - 5 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks man

I play that stuff too. Its more open format plus the sets last about 2hrs max so choosing music is easier. Play the cheesy shit get on the mic hype em up you do love doing this. They enjoy the DJ theatrics of scratching I find too.

Roger that! It's amazing how you can work in the "oldies" and "classics" that can entertain everyone from grandma to the bride's 5 yr old nephew and still get that "club feel". It isn't so much the club style music as it is the atmosphere you bring. Mixing and scratching is more part of the club environment for me than simply playing house & booty music all night. Couple that with a killer light show and yeah - you can do what DJ Remy USA is doing and keep everyone happy for the night.
DJ Remy USA 11:56 PM - 5 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks man

Roger that! It's amazing how you can work in the "oldies" and "classics" that can entertain everyone from grandma to the bride's 5 yr old nephew and still get that "club feel". It isn't so much the club style music as it is the atmosphere you bring. Mixing and scratching is more part of the club environment for me than simply playing house & booty music all night. Couple that with a killer light show and yeah - you can do what DJ Remy USA is doing and keep everyone happy for the night.

Agreed I feel that mixing and scratching is more of a club DJ thing. In fact after every mobile I do the clients always say they think of wedding DJs as boring DJs who play boring music. They always enjoy it and I always get a referral at this point. Not to brag but to show you guys about hard work I made $3,000 between Dec 1, 2014 and Jan 4 2015. I cant remember the last time I made that much in the club in a month.....but Im a part time DJ too so I may be missing out on the big $$$ club gigs
Mr. Goodkat 1:54 AM - 6 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks man

Agreed I feel that mixing and scratching is more of a club DJ thing. In fact after every mobile I do the clients always say they think of wedding DJs as boring DJs who play boring music. They always enjoy it and I always get a referral at this point. Not to brag but to show you guys about hard work I made $3,000 between Dec 1, 2014 and Jan 4 2015. I cant remember the last time I made that much in the club in a month.....but Im a part time DJ too so I may be missing out on the big $$$ club gigs

i did 10k in that month of 08, clearly pre recession. ah the good ole days.
Papa Midnight 2:00 AM - 6 January, 2015
Quote:

\o/
/o\
/o/
/o\