Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Reverse Crossfader for Video Signal in Serato Video

DJ RR 4:02 PM - 22 November, 2014
Ok, it's been asked before but most of the discussions are either outdated or doesn't comply with my situation, and none of them seem to address the issue. So I'll try again.

I mix hamster style, and use the DDJ-SZ running SERATO DJ. I don't do many video shows, but when I do I have to change the way that I mix because I cannot get the video signal to reverse. I have read where someone said that it needs to be midi mapped, but when I attempt to do this on my DDJ-SZ, it will not assign after I click the fader in the setup screen and move the fader on the SZ... and holding TAB down does nothing either.

I am assuming that a simple reverse fader checkbox like the one that was in Video-SL is not gonna be a possibility, since it's been talked about since the inception of SV, but never ever acted on. So can anyone give me a step by step how-to on this OR simply tell me if this is not gonna be possible!

I am starting to get very frustrated, as it seems that all I see Serato people doing here is dancing around the problem, and it is a big problem that needs to be addressed!!! Not everyone uses their crossfader the traditional way.

Thanks in advance.
DJ RR 10:20 PM - 29 November, 2014
is nobody else having these issues????
DJ RR 12:12 PM - 9 December, 2014
OK Guys, finally heard back from Serato on this... it looks like it isn't possible to spin video hamster style on an SZ. Hope this is added in the near future, but for now it's a no-go. I am pretty sure this is why they neglected my question for quite some time before replying to me, but I'm glad that they finally did respond.

Here is what they said in their email to me:

Matt Perry (Serato)
Dec 02 10:42

Hey Djrhymeorob

Thanks for getting in touch,
I'm afraid this isn't possible with the DDJ-SZ. Thats the painful truth.
We do have a report and plan to implement this but I don't have a time frame for this. I do understand how important this is for you. I have bumped the priority of this for you and others.

Regards

Matt P
Serato INC LP
mikeskeezo 3:43 AM - 19 December, 2014
wow i also cut hamster style but with a rane 62 and on 1200's and i wanted to know how to channel swap and i couldn't find it, is it not possible and the 62 as well? or just the ddj-sz?
mikeskeezo 2:52 AM - 21 December, 2014
/Users/michaelacosta/Pictures/iPhoto Library.photolibrary/Previews/2014/12/20/20141220-202816/0SOkftw8RGWFH
tbqeM6+bw/IMG_4699.jpg
need this function in serato dj, please bring it back
mikeskeezo 2:53 AM - 21 December, 2014
reverse input control please bring it back
Chris Gunz 10:44 PM - 27 December, 2014
yes bring back the reverse input control. Thought this would be simple on the SRT, but nope. it's one of those basic functions since so many dj's are hamster style.
mikeskeezo 1:15 AM - 17 January, 2015
Quote:
reverse input control please bring it back
DJ Koeul Benny 3:12 AM - 25 January, 2015
Yes Serato Video We need reverse input. If you own an SZ Tho hit up Pioneer for a Free license you got till the end of Feb for a free Pro License to one of the other competitors that starts with a V . You can vid mix there effortlessly.
djnak 10:45 AM - 25 January, 2015
Quote:
If you own an SZ Tho hit up Pioneer for a Free license you got till the end of Feb for a free Pro License to one of the other competitors that starts with a V . You can vid mix there effortlessly.

nobody gives a fuck about vdj around here....
O.B.1 10:20 AM - 13 February, 2015
I scratch videos hamster style with a Rane 62. If you open the fader tab (click [F]) while the video tab is open and then click the MIDI tab at the top of the screen, and then click on the crossfader on the screen, and then press [tab] it will reverse the crossfader settings and allow for easy video mixing. However, for me it is necessary to take these steps every time which is kind of a PITA, but has since become routine... (I am still on Scratch Live though)
O.B.1 8:09 PM - 7 September, 2015
Here is a more detailed description of the workaround I found:
serato.com
mikeskeezo 12:50 AM - 8 September, 2015
scratchlive np, but i cant do this in serato dj, thanks ill keep trying tho might find something
DJ RR 10:13 PM - 29 October, 2015
AMAZING! It's been several years and the serato team still hasn't fixed this for the many DJs that mix hamster style. Guess they just don't GAF!
DJ Pax Live 7:52 AM - 15 February, 2016
Wow! DJ O.B.1 you're a life saver! Thank god that worked, why that can't be a click next to the fader display I will never know...Funny how the Rane 62 was developed with close collaboration with Z-Trip and he is actually the OG of Hamster scratching DJs...
mikeskeezo 11:28 AM - 15 February, 2016
DJ pax live are you using Serato DJ or scratch live on a 62 to reverse the video signal in Serato video? Thanks
DJ Pax Live 2:50 AM - 16 February, 2016
Mike,

I'm using Serato DJ with Video Expansion and a Rane 62 with up to date firmware, no issues MIDI reversing the fader but I'm having overload issues while spinning with video, had some crashes. I am doing some trouble shooting to fix it, my system requirements more than meet the minimum recommended.
DJMRNICE 3:44 PM - 20 January, 2020
How do you MIDI reverse fader. Serato doesn't care about us. They just want us to keep buying and supporting their inconsistent products.They take away the best features and replace with trash..Why does the rane 68 have a better fx module then the new improved rane seventy two.

This $hit is too expensive to have any issues and customer service does nothing.
mikeskeezo 9:58 PM - 20 January, 2020
serato.com
Second paragraph says how to workaround to midi the fader, good luck
DJ RR 10:18 AM - 8 September, 2021
Quote:
serato.com
Second paragraph says how to workaround to midi the fader, good luck

except it's nearly ten years old and no longer relevant since it's saying to hit buttons in settings that no longer exsist!!!!
DJDRob 3:46 AM - 5 November, 2021
1. Click the Video Button
2. Click the MIDI Button
3. Hover over the crossfader
4. Hit the Tab key
5. Move crossfader to test

If that doesn’t work
1. Click the Video Button
2. Click the MIDI button
3. Click the crossfader, hit the tab key and move the crossfader to test.

The key is the tab button does the reverse!