Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

After updating to Yosemite on my macbook scracthlive stopped working..

djsatony 6:25 AM - 9 November, 2014
like the title says, after I download the new Yosemite on my mac my scratch live stopped working. I've tried redownloading the scratchlive program but I still get no response. I have 2 technics and a rane 62 and I've tried both of my usb plug in's on my mac as well as on my 62. I thought it might've been a problem with my mac usb port but my external drive appears with no problem so it's not my macbook. Has anyone had these problems? When I plug in the usb cord the scratchlive does not operate and stays at the same screen as when it's unplugged from any scratchlive unit.
dj_soo 9:18 AM - 9 November, 2014
Guess you learned a hard lesson: don't update your os if you need your computer to dj until you get the ok from the developer.

C'mon man, Scratchlive hasn't been updated in a year... Why would you update your laptop to an unsupported is if you need it to dj?
djsatony 9:27 AM - 9 November, 2014
Quote:
Guess you learned a hard lesson: don't update your os if you need your computer to dj until you get the ok from the developer.

C'mon man, Scratchlive hasn't been updated in a year... Why would you update your laptop to an unsupported is if you need it to dj?

Any idea if they're going to update the scartchlive so it can work with the new OS?
dj_soo 9:35 AM - 9 November, 2014
Nope - they only have 2 month to go before they officially stop supporting scratchlive.
dj_soo 9:36 AM - 9 November, 2014
What happens when you try serato dj?
djsatony 10:36 AM - 9 November, 2014
Quote:
What happens when you try serato dj?

I'll try it out, just downloaded the new serato dj
djsatony 11:44 AM - 9 November, 2014
Just tried it with the newest serato DJ but it still shows no detection of the software from my 62
dj_soo 11:18 PM - 9 November, 2014
ah yea, that's right, the 62 and yosemite don't like each other. Either restore to Mavericks with a backup (you do have a backup right?) or your best bet is to wait for DJ 1.7.2 to drop which comes with new 62 drivers which *might* fix the problem with Scratchlive.

Then again, it might not.
dj_soo 11:19 PM - 9 November, 2014
you can also try installing the beta and see if that helps, but it is a beta...
4mydawgz 9:39 PM - 10 November, 2014
I just ran an hour set on Yosemite. My SSL worked flawlessly.
DJMark 9:56 PM - 10 November, 2014
The Yosemite issues seem very configuration and device dependent.

On my test machine, its fine with a 62 but not with a SL-4....heard of several others with SL-4's that can't connect.

If you use Audio Hijack Pro's "instant on" feature (installs a system extension), that seems to trigger some issues.

ALWAYS make a bootable backup before ANY OS update if you are depending on the computer to work properly.

ALWAYS make a bootable backup before ANY OS update if you are depending on the computer to work properly.

and again, just in case you missed it,

ALWAYS! make a bootable backup before ANY OS update if you are depending on the computer to work properly!
dj_soo 5:47 AM - 11 November, 2014
I'd say a better idea would just be to wait for the developer OK that the OS is compatible. And even then, it's a good idea to wait a couple months for the next update while the kinks get ironed out.

I don't update anything until I get both the green light from the developer and after a few real-world tests back.
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:36 AM - 11 November, 2014
Hi djsatony try following these steps to get it working.

Quote:

Step 1
If you had already upgraded to Yosemite OSX and your Rane device was not recognised then please follow these steps to install.

Download 1.7.2 BETA
You can find the Serato DJ 1.7.2 Beta area here ---> serato.com
And then after you have click and accepted the agreement you can find the downloads here ---> serato.com Just make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom and the Install files will be at the bottom in a blue banner.

Step 2
Install 1.7.2 BETA

Step 3
Plug in Rane Hardware

Step 4
Goto ''Finder'' Then ''Applications'' look for Serato software (The 1.7.2 you just downloaded and installed''
Then 'Right Click' and goto ''Show Package Contents'' Then ''Contents'' Then ''Resources'' Then ''Packages'' Then double click the Rane device you have attached to your Macbook.

Actual Result
Should now have installed the new driver and work with 1.7.2 on Yosemite.

You should also find that Scratchlive now works aswel.

If you have any issues with Serato DJ Please open a help/bug report here ---> serato.com

Cheers.
djsatony 11:02 PM - 16 November, 2014
I downloaded the beta and it works fine but all the crates are gone, but all the tracks are still there. What is the most efficient way to transfer all my crates from my previous scratchlive in to the new beta? also are they going to stop the update to be able to use scratchlive in yosemite 10.10? any help will be a great help, thanks in advance!
djsatony 7:42 AM - 17 November, 2014
Quote:
Hi djsatony try following these steps to get it working.

Quote:
Step 1
If you had already upgraded to Yosemite OSX and your Rane device was not recognised then please follow these steps to install.

Download 1.7.2 BETA
You can find the Serato DJ 1.7.2 Beta area here ---> serato.com
And then after you have click and accepted the agreement you can find the downloads here ---> serato.com Just make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom and the Install files will be at the bottom in a blue banner.

Step 2
Install 1.7.2 BETA

Step 3
Plug in Rane Hardware

Step 4
Goto ''Finder'' Then ''Applications'' look for Serato software (The 1.7.2 you just downloaded and installed''
Then 'Right Click' and goto ''Show Package Contents'' Then ''Contents'' Then ''Resources'' Then ''Packages'' Then double click the Rane device you have attached to your Macbook.

Actual Result
Should now have installed the new driver and work with 1.7.2 on Yosemite.

You should also find that Scratchlive now works aswel.

If you have any issues with Serato DJ Please open a help/bug report here ---> serato.com

Cheers.

It worked! I downloaded the beta and the scratchlivs works perfectly now! Thanks for all the inputs! I really appreciate it!!