DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Who Is Feelin These Tracks (hip-hop)

anewsome 9:03 PM - 8 May, 2006
10 newish tracks I'm feelin right now:

T.I. - Why You Wanna (that Crystal Waters sample is ridiculous)
Missy Elliot - Let It Bump
DJ Khaled - Holla At Me
Yung Joc - Goin' Down
Lupe Fiasco - Kick Push (this track is so nice, maybe not in the club tho)
Prince - Black Sweat
Cassie - Me & U
Chamillionaire - Ridin'
Too Short - Blow The Whistle
Paul Wall - Girl

Tell me if you're feelin any of these. Also, is anyone feelin *anything* new from Mobb Deep. I'm having some trouble getting into any of those tracks. I'm trying though.
nik39 9:07 PM - 8 May, 2006
Quote:
Prince - Black Sweat
Cassie - Me & U

I like those 3.

There is one dope from MD, cant remember the name.
Sim 9:09 PM - 8 May, 2006
Mobb Deep - Give it to me (next Club BANGA)
TI - the remix with Q-Tip, hot
Khaled's is hot
Lupe is tyte, not for a club tho
Cassie - Young Blaze remix
Chamillionaire - played out, but works in the club
Too Short - eh
Paul Wall - chill track

and Aaron I gotta get u some music I have, because most of these arent new! =)~~
brotha reese 9:11 PM - 8 May, 2006
anewsome man i'm feeling all the tracks you got listed,except for:Paul Wall-Girl, Yung Joc-Goin Down, for radio they are powers,i play those songs on my mix shows. Lupe Fiasco - Kick Push is the BOMB!!!!!!! Blow the Whistle,Me&U,Holla at Me,Why You Wanna,Black Sweat,all HEATERS feeling those tracks,for radio and club.peace!
anewsome 9:14 PM - 8 May, 2006
Quote:
and Aaron I gotta get u some music I have, because most of these arent new! =)~~

every track i listed are on promo only 05/06 or 04/06. today is 05/08/06. shows you how late promo only are with the tracks. they are my primary source of new music so if they are behind, well then i am behind :-(
nik39 9:16 PM - 8 May, 2006
You should try digiwaxx, anewsome ...

*ducking and hiding* ;)
Dj Ryme 9:20 PM - 8 May, 2006
lol.
Sim 9:47 PM - 8 May, 2006
lol low blow
Teknikscian 9:59 PM - 8 May, 2006
when i got that Lupe track a while back i was lovin it. that beat is epic!
anewsome 10:00 PM - 8 May, 2006
you peeps aint right man
anewsome 10:01 PM - 8 May, 2006
Quote:
when i got that Lupe track a while back i was lovin it. that beat is epic!

just listened to that Lupe track again. Damn that track is fresh. Does this guy have a banger on the horizon. I'd love to give him some run in the club, but I don't think Kick, Push is gonna get it done.
brotha reese 10:10 PM - 8 May, 2006
bro at my club they love the track! make sure you sandwich with tracks that people know. give it a try. the bpm on the track is 95 bpm
sixxx 10:24 PM - 8 May, 2006
That Lupe Fiasco is hot. I did a hip hop show 2 weeks ago and the hip hop heads were loving it.

The new Mobb Deep track is a hitter!
Thundercat 10:49 PM - 8 May, 2006
HATE IT! (yes I'm shouting)

Missy Elliot - Let It Bump
Eh.

DJ Khaled - Holla At Me
Like the beat. As simple as it is, it has energy. The rap is simply boring. It's something to play, not listen to if you know what I mean.

Yung Joc - Goin' Down
Strong dislike

I could listen to hip hop like this all day. I love it.

Prince - Black Sweat
I like certain styles of Prince's work. This ain't one of them. I lost my tast for this style after the Batman album.

Cassie - Me & U
Um, what's with the minimalist production on this track? And way to show off the vocal range.(can you hear the sarcasm?) :|

Chamillionaire - Ridin'
I like this track a lot.

Too Short - Blow The Whistle
I never really liked Too $hort in the past...Still don't.

Paul Wall - Girl
NO! *cry*

Tell me if you're feelin any of these. Also, is anyone feelin *anything* new from Mobb Deep.
Two songs on the new CD that I don't hate are It's Alright (w/ 50 & MJB) and Click Click (w/ Tony Yayo) although Click Click seriously needs something to bring out the hook.
Teknikscian 11:11 PM - 8 May, 2006
Quote:
Cassie - Me & U
Um, what's with the minimalist production on this track? And way to show off the vocal range.(can you hear the sarcasm?) :|

you clown, and youre absolutely right. but can you deny that its a banger? sometimes simple is best and with this track it worked perfectly.

ladies love, guys love it when i remix it with a hard beat. it works.
Teknikscian 11:12 PM - 8 May, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

every track i listed are on promo only 05/06 or 04/06. today is 05/08/06. shows you how late promo only are with the tracks. they are my primary source of new music so if they are behind, well then i am behind :-(

do you pay for promo only? you should try worksessions if you cant get approved for digiwaxx.

hiphophits.net is also very good and fast
nik39 11:13 PM - 8 May, 2006
Quote:

...and illegal.
mister iLL 11:19 PM - 8 May, 2006
i completely agree with thundercat...except i hate chamillionaire too. lupe fiasco is the only track on that list i can listen to without apologizing to my stereo. and maybe that khaled joint. unfortunately, i have to play these "hot club bangers" more often than not...
djransom 12:20 AM - 9 May, 2006
That Chamillionaire joint is horrible IMO. I would not touch that joint. Hell, I don't even have it loaded it in Serato and I will not load it. My wife likes it for whateva reason. That Mobb Deep "Give It To Me" does have potential to do somethin in the da clubs. I've been lovin that Lupe Fiasco "Kick, Push" since I heard it hear in Chi City last Summer. That Too Short "Blow The Whistle" is so slept on. I'm starting to feel Kelis's "Bossy". Young Joc's "It's Goin Down" hits real hard in da clubs. I just heard a new joint by Sunny V. and Young Joc called "Fuck U, Pay Me" and that shit is crazy. Finally, that joint "Stick" by Rhymefest is just plain crazy.
Dj Ryme 12:57 AM - 9 May, 2006
Here's a funny story guys. Im in the booth last night at the Viper Room and these two little white chicks come up to me and request Chamillionare "ridin", it was so funny that they requested it that I had to play it for them and to my surprise alot of heads in the club were feeling it. I guess that goes to show that some joints that you think might not be club bangers just might be.
Dj Ryme 12:57 AM - 9 May, 2006
OH and I was at the Viper Saturday, im still a day behind.
djransom 12:59 AM - 9 May, 2006
I just cannot get in to that song.
Thundercat 1:08 AM - 9 May, 2006
I put it on now just to make sure I'm not retarded or something. I can't help it. Sitting in my chair bouncing.

They see me rollin', they hatin', patrolin', they triyin' ta catch me ridin' dirty...

I guess it just speaks to all my NJ DWB (driving while black) experiences. =)
djransom 1:27 AM - 9 May, 2006
Damn, now I gotta load it up for those "Just In Case" situations.
anewsome 1:30 AM - 9 May, 2006
Quote:
Here's a funny story guys. Im in the booth last night at the Viper Room and these two little white chicks come up to me and request Chamillionare "ridin", it was so funny that they requested it that I had to play it for them and to my surprise alot of heads in the club were feeling it. I guess that goes to show that some joints that you think might not be club bangers just might be.

Same here Ryme. I thought the track was kinda catchy, but I would never play it in the club. Then last monday I was at Sutra rockin the early set, you know the kinda crowd there, no way was I gonna play that shit. So I finish my set and Peter G. comes on. 1st freaking song he drops is Chamillionaire - Ridin'! Dance floor PACKED,.. whole place groovin to it.

Go freaking figure. You simply can't hate on a song when it packs the floor like that.
Sim 1:46 AM - 9 May, 2006
word of advice, for my So Cali brethren, if they play it on KIIS fm, it'll make ppl dance

and yes they do play it on KIIS lol =)
mister iLL 2:14 AM - 9 May, 2006
well, i just downloaded it. mephistopheles has owned my soul for quite a while already, so i guess this won't hurt much...

Quote:
Go freaking figure. You simply can't hate on a song when it packs the floor like that

oh, BELIEVE me i'm still hating on this crap. but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes!
Dj Ryme 2:22 AM - 9 May, 2006
Good advice Sim... too bad I dont listen to that station, or any other station out here for that matter.
Teknikscian 2:31 AM - 9 May, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

...and illegal.

*picks up crack pipe*
Sim 2:40 AM - 9 May, 2006
ya Ryme, it pains me to, but @ work I use a regular radio, no cds, so I flip thru, it drives me absolutely insane with the repetitive nature, but it keeps me in tune with wats really top 40
Dj Ryme 2:34 PM - 9 May, 2006
yeah, I usually just go to a couple stations websites and check out their playlist and the songs I dont know I give them a listen and see if they are worth getting or not.
djransom 3:19 PM - 9 May, 2006
Quote:
yeah, I usually just go to a couple stations websites and check out their playlist and the songs I dont know I give them a listen and see if they are worth getting or not.

I thought I was the only one who did this.
funkdigital 3:23 PM - 9 May, 2006
T.I. - Why You Wanna (that Crystal Waters sample is ridiculous) - Besides the sample this is wack!
Missy Elliot - Let It Bump - Decent
DJ Khaled - Holla At Me - Haven't had the pleasure yet
Yung Joc - Goin' Down Decent, for Bad Boy anyway.
Lupe Fiasco - Kick Push (this track is so nice, maybe not in the club tho) My sh*t!
Prince - Black Sweat - Good song from his Purple Highness.
Cassie - Me & U - I've hear this but for the life of me can't remember.
Chamillionaire - Ridin' - Eh, it's aiight.
Too Short - Blow The Whistle - Atleast he still has a career. Nothing spectacular
Paul Wall - Girl - Nope.
tig ol' bitties 3:36 PM - 9 May, 2006
-I think this track is just as hot as ride wit me or what you know bout that.
Missy Elliot - Let It Bump-yeah decent. typical
DJ Khaled - Holla At Me-havent heard
Yung Joc - Goin' Down-i think this song blows a fat one. Terrible production and terrible lyrics.
Lupe Fiasco - Kick Push (this track is so nice, maybe not in the club tho)-feelin this, anything wit kanye backing is gonna get attention.
Prince - Black Sweat-good if you like this kind of crap.
Cassie - Me & U-killer. ladies love this
Chamillionaire - Ridin'-played out to the max, but gets people goin liek crazy.
Too Short - Blow The Whistle-good joint liek the production
Paul Wall - Girl-terrible. come on paul wall thought you kept it dirty??
anewsome 4:44 PM - 9 May, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

Damn, I thought *I* was the only one who did this. I haven't listened to a radio in like 10 years. Well, I listen to AM radio when I'm in the car. They sure as hell aint droppin no pussycat dolls on NPR though.
Dj Ryme 4:59 PM - 9 May, 2006
I mean thats all you can do with the Kiss FM crowds you get, I sure as hell am not gonna listen to that station but I DO have to know what chicks are listening to.
anewsome 5:04 PM - 9 May, 2006
Quote:
I DO have to know what chicks are listening to.

that's why i check these forums :-)
Thundercat 10:29 PM - 9 May, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Damn, I thought *I* was the only one who did this. I haven't listened to a radio in like 10 years. Well, I listen to AM radio when I'm in the car. They sure as hell aint droppin no pussycat dolls on NPR though.

Ha! And I thought it was only me! Looks like we were waaaaay wrong. I check the online playlists, billboard, promo only, ERG, etc. to find out what is getting the top 40 airplay & club play.

I also listen to AM radio all day long in the car. ESPN radio specifically and you will hear drops of PCD, Kanye, BEP etc. all day long (snippits anyway).
anewsome 11:10 PM - 9 May, 2006
I actually listen to ESPN radio and AM 570,.. or at least in the morning for the Jim Rome show ...
djzoo 12:07 AM - 10 May, 2006
Quote:
I actually listen to ESPN radio and AM 570,.. or at least in the morning for the Jim Rome show ...

Clone? I listen to Rome too.

I'm feeling all those tracks except that Paul Wall joint.
Thundercat 12:11 AM - 10 May, 2006
Out here we get Rome @8PM. Mike & Mike in the AM, Stephen A. Smith @noon. Stephen A. even had a contest for rappers to come up with his theme song. The runner-up far out-classed the winner IMO. =)
kicko 1:43 AM - 10 May, 2006
someone say that paul wall joint is wack...please

lupe is gonna BLOW up in a kayne way, i thought kick,push was good but his album has even better joints.
nik39 1:58 AM - 10 May, 2006
Paul Wall is wack.

For your pleasure only, kicko ;)
djzoo 2:38 AM - 10 May, 2006
yeah, i said it.
djzoo 2:39 AM - 10 May, 2006
Quote:
Out here we get Rome @8PM. Mike & Mike in the AM, Stephen A. Smith @noon. Stephen A. even had a contest for rappers to come up with his theme song. The runner-up far out-classed the winner IMO. =)

damn, Rome @ 8pm? That sucks. We get him live and the full show.
mix2cold 6:02 AM - 10 May, 2006
Quote:
You should try digiwaxx, anewsome ...

*ducking and hiding* ;)

This DJCHILL in Houston TX That where I get a lot of my mp3s at
anewsome 6:15 AM - 10 May, 2006
Chill, it's a running joke on the site, since I can't get access to Digiwaxx. Those bastards keep denying me.
hustlas 8:01 AM - 10 May, 2006
missy elliott - we run this ?
Flipsta 8:15 AM - 10 May, 2006
The Lupe Fiasco is a sick track, Holla at Me is banging, Black Sweat is cool but the freakin highs are cranked on the diggiwax file, its ear piercing. Why you Wanna is alright, but I didnt really like any of the other ones on that list. I'll to have to give "Ridin" a shot though since everyone seems to be getting good reactions from it.
zomanno 8:16 AM - 10 May, 2006
that track bossy is one of my guilty pleasures to listen to cuz i fuckin hate that girl Kelis she is so annoying but I cant help but sing along.. no homo
tig ol' bitties 1:31 PM - 10 May, 2006
Quote:
someone say that paul wall joint is wack...please

lupe is gonna BLOW up in a kayne way, i thought kick,push was good but his album has even better joints.

Paul Wall's joint is seriously wack as hell. He must have thought he needed to get the ladies on his side, but he should never put out naything like this again. EVER.
kicko 3:13 PM - 10 May, 2006
[/qutoe]Paul Wall's joint is seriously wack as hell. He must have thought he needed to get the ladies on his side, but he should never put out naything like this again. EVER.

Haha thank you! He probably spent his whole album advance on some new grillz, so he didn't have money for good beats. I dont't really mean to diss him that hard but he makes bubba sparxxx sounds like nas. the people's chimp!
nik39 3:25 PM - 10 May, 2006
Quote:
I dont't really mean to diss him that hard but he makes bubba sparxxx sounds like nas.

ROTFL :)))
tig ol' bitties 3:59 PM - 10 May, 2006
what does rotfl mean?
anewsome 4:03 PM - 10 May, 2006
rolling on the floor lauging
djransom 4:04 PM - 10 May, 2006
Rolling On The Floor Laughing
zomanno 5:33 PM - 10 May, 2006
tig ol' bitties 6:00 PM - 10 May, 2006
oh nice. but for real, he does make bubba look like king of dirty south white boys wit that track.
Dj Ryme 7:11 PM - 10 May, 2006
Hey Anewsome you should get onto worksessions. I just upgraded to vip status today, it's $20 a month and you get everything from digiwaxx and more, Digiwaxx isnt that great on getting accapellas but work sessions usually have them and there are also songs that never come out on digiwaxx that you can get at worksessions.
djzoo 7:21 PM - 10 May, 2006
hey Rhyme, props on that west coast classics mix, but how up to date is worksessions.
Dj Ryme 7:23 PM - 10 May, 2006
they put new songs EVERY day, they stay current, I would'nt join if they didnt, this is the best pay site I have found zoo.
nik39 7:26 PM - 10 May, 2006
Ryme, but didnt they offer songs in 128kbps?
anewsome 7:28 PM - 10 May, 2006
Good lookin Ryme. Appreciate it. I'm gonna go sign up right now. I'm gonna use a fake name though in case they are friends with those Digiwaxx a-holes.
Dj Ryme 7:28 PM - 10 May, 2006
no, they are 192 from what I can hear, i'll double check when I get home, they sound too good to be 128.
Dj Ryme 7:29 PM - 10 May, 2006
yeah anewsome, sign up, when you do they let you download one song so you can see how they sound, if you like the quality upgrade!
nik39 7:32 PM - 10 May, 2006
Ryme+Anewsome, check this thread for worksession.com opinions scratchlive.net
djransom 7:33 PM - 10 May, 2006
Good lookin out Ryme. I just signed up w/ Worksessions.
Dj Ryme 7:36 PM - 10 May, 2006
Thanks for that nik. Honestly though I let my ears do the deciding and when I downloaded the songs they sound great, better than my vinyl encodes which is fine with me. May not be for everyone but like I said once you sign up they let you download a track before upgrading so if you dont like it you dont have to sign up. Works for me.
Dj Ryme 7:36 PM - 10 May, 2006
let me know what you guys think when you download the songs.
anewsome 7:48 PM - 10 May, 2006
I just signed up. Waiting for an email...
Dj Ryme 7:53 PM - 10 May, 2006
i dont know why but that new nelly furtado is starting to grow on me. I like that Timbo beat.
djransom 8:01 PM - 10 May, 2006
Quote:
i dont know why but that new nelly furtado is starting to grow on me. I like that Timbo beat.

That joint had me goin crazy when I 1st heard it. I like the way Timbo echos the joint out at the end.
s42000 8:11 PM - 10 May, 2006
Quote:

I thought I was the only one who listens to NPR !! Got tired or regular radio ages ago too .... bad music, commercials etc. I will be giving XM a try. AM with all those conservatives can be a bore as hell sometimes, they always wanna tell you how you should live your life, vote, eat, etc.
Likwid 8:14 PM - 10 May, 2006

Finally.
anewsome 8:59 PM - 10 May, 2006
Everyone thinks that Paul Wall starting making grillz when he became a rap star, but isn't it the other way around? Did he become a rap star *because* of his grillz business?
shmok1 10:07 PM - 10 May, 2006
Quote:

Promiscuous girl?? I really like that kind of 80s feel that I get from the chorus, it's just dope.
Dj Ryme 12:24 AM - 11 May, 2006
Alright I checked them and they are 192kbps :)
I thought they sounded too good to be 128.
nik39 10:18 AM - 11 May, 2006
Hm, then its worth a check. Thanks for the feedback, Ryme.