Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Multi-Column Crate Sorting

Papa Midnight 7:34 PM - 26 September, 2014
As of current, crates can only be sorted on One level (i.e.: Number, Song Name, Artist, BPM, Year, etc.).

Depending on the level of your crates, this can be rather intuitive, but I'd like to see it go a bit deeper.

As an example, in a relational database (or even in spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Excel and Google Docs), you can sort on one Column, and then Sort on another (and another from there). What I'm looking for is something similar from Serato DJ's crate management system.

In example, without needing to create multiple subcrates, I would be able to sort by Year, then sort by BPM. This way, songs in years 2014 might show before (or after) 2013 (depending on Ascending or Descending order), and then order by BPMs in Ascending or Descending order thereafter.

As another example, one could sort by Year and then by Date Added. That way, one would see songs in a particular year first, then the date they were added to the DB second.

I feel this would provide added levels of customization to the crate structure of each user, and provide users with a more verbose method of organizing their data (while possibly becoming less reliant on subcrates and/or multiple directories).
musiclee 10:07 PM - 26 September, 2014
Like it +1
musiclee 10:10 PM - 26 September, 2014
Maybe if you hold shift
then click the column you want sorted first
Then while still holding shift, you click second column you want sorted after in relation to first
Riko Roos 5:41 PM - 27 September, 2014
This would be uber useful. My order: sort on key first and then bpm...
Marv Incredible 8:44 AM - 29 September, 2014
@musiclee: that sounds like a great way to implement this without making it difficult or awkward to use or develop. Maybe take it a step further so that each.time you click a column (while holding shift) it toggles between ascending and descending, as it does now?

Real simple and intuitive and doesn't require a fundamental change of expectation or workflow etc.

+1
Marv Incredible 8:50 AM - 29 September, 2014
Just to add that perhaps, when you've finished selecting which columns and in what order, that once you release the shift button, the columns automatically line up next to each other, in the new order, with any remaining (unselected) columns lining up as they were, after the selected ones. Just like they would if you'd done it manually.
dj-nice 9:19 AM - 29 September, 2014
+1
DJPhillyB 2:01 AM - 7 December, 2014
+1
DJwhizkid 6:56 AM - 7 December, 2014
You should check this…. serato.com
djchrisL 3:51 PM - 17 January, 2015
+1
master B 2:48 PM - 18 February, 2015
great idea sounds simple enough too!
Cwite 2:15 PM - 19 February, 2015
What a fantastic idea. Very useful! +1000 :)
Le Frique 6:21 PM - 20 February, 2015
+10000👍
Mr Wilks 3:46 AM - 26 February, 2015
Here's my big fat +1
DJ Compiler 3:59 AM - 26 February, 2015
+1
Rene Hedemyr 4:28 PM - 16 March, 2015
+1,
Use the click and shift-click column way.
DJ Mr Vince 4:37 AM - 19 March, 2015
+1
Papa Midnight 3:52 PM - 21 June, 2016
Quote:

Serato 1.9.2 Public Beta
----
Secondary library sort. Ctrl/cmd+click a column title to set custom secondary sort order.

serato.com

Thanks!
Le Frique 2:34 PM - 22 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Serato 1.9.2 Public Beta
----
Secondary library sort. Ctrl/cmd+click a column title to set custom secondary sort order.

serato.com

Thanks!

So much...
Telony Ex 3:42 PM - 23 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
ok massive i just created a 2 min video tutorial on how organize tracks in your crates by bpm and still be able to move them up or down in the crate. check it out here youtu.be

with serato 1.9.2 new secondary sort feature, this trick is even more handy.

secondary sort allow u to sort tracks an a crate by bpm, then by any other column, eg. key, artist etc.

NOTE. wen u sort by bpm then by key, tracks with same bpm is then sorted by key in ascending order.
U WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MOVE THE TRACKS AROUND TO FURTHER FINE TUNE UNLESS YOU DO CRATE TRICK IN THE VIDEO.

try dis
DJ Ravien 7:48 PM - 27 June, 2016
+1
Mr Wilks 7:51 PM - 27 June, 2016
Quote:
+1

Grab the latest 1.9.2 public beta and have a play with this.

It sorts BPM and key.
DJ Ravien 8:02 PM - 27 June, 2016
Nice, seems serato may actually be listening. I also heard they have nested smart folders as well! Looking forward to the actual release.