Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

mixer for serato video

Rob Why? 3:40 PM - 24 September, 2014
Hi all!
To start with am a v tight budget!
Have just got Serato Video for use with scratch, but didnt quite clock to get full controll `I'd need a midi mixer....to use for video transitions! I'm mainly doing either sets with scratch or video sets with another dj (i dont need audio for this)
can anyone suggest a cheap ish mixer to control xfader for videos thats doesnt require a small fortune! Happy to have 2 mixers for both types of sets i play!
cheers
hope this makes sense!
Rob Why? 3:41 PM - 24 September, 2014
have looked at behringer nox 606 but not convinced due to it been behringer!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:45 PM - 24 September, 2014
Pioneer DJM T1
DJ Tecniq 12:20 AM - 29 September, 2014
Was told this will work for crossfading/mixing video with serato. However I use a Pioneer DJM-700 with a midi usb device to crossfade the videos and works just the same. This is a cheaper solution though.
www.pssl.com
phaeton 12:04 PM - 7 October, 2014
www.teknowdj.com
Has a built in sound card for virtual dj type software etc
$450usd
djrocktee 4:22 PM - 9 November, 2014
pioneer ddj-sb is like $200 + serato dj like $125....
the SOUNDINSURGENT 9:24 PM - 9 November, 2014
The SB is a straight up bedroom toy. No gain knobs, no VU lights, the effects section is trash. The only thing good about is the filter fade but that wouldn't get used to often. Even with SDJ it's not gig worthy and yes I have one but would never use it live.

That's just my opinion.
DJ Tecniq 4:31 AM - 11 November, 2014
Quote:
The SB is a straight up bedroom toy. No gain knobs, no VU lights, the effects section is trash. The only thing good about is the filter fade but that wouldn't get used to often. Even with SDJ it's not gig worthy and yes I have one but would never use it live.

That's just my opinion.
The DDJ-SR is decent though. I've played on one and was quite impressed with the response.
JCRUZ 12:47 AM - 21 November, 2014
Ok I decided to try video, will I have to get another controller for crossfading? I run SL3 DJM-400 Denon HC-1000. I figured that I could ask here since we are on the topic of mixers.
DJ Tecniq 4:56 PM - 21 November, 2014
Quote:
Ok I decided to try video, will I have to get another controller for crossfading? I run SL3 DJM-400 Denon HC-1000. I figured that I could ask here since we are on the topic of mixers.
In order to mix audio and video you'll need a diff mixer.