Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Check MP3 integrity.

Couin 10:45 AM - 4 July, 2004
Hi !
Will an update give possibility to check, verify, validate all mp3 integrity for SSL ?
I've few mp3's which SSL can't load (the circle stay stopped) or more, make crash SSL, when I map them and I want SSL check mp3's before (by mass analyzing at my home for exemple, without mixing).
Is it possible ?

Couin
nik39 1:50 PM - 4 July, 2004
Couin 2:13 PM - 4 July, 2004
Thanks ;-)
Serato, Moderator
AJ 7:36 PM - 4 July, 2004
Any MP3 that causes SL to crash is something we probably don't know about. No file should make SL crash ever. If it does, we want to know about it. If you have a file which crashes SL every time, you should email it to support at serato so that we can examine it.

In fact, if SL crashes at all, we want to know about it. I know people expect software to crash, but that does not apply to scratch live. Bottom line, if it crashes, we want to know.
Couin 8:18 PM - 6 July, 2004
Quote:
If you have a file which crashes SL every time, you should email it to support at serato so that we can examine it. quote]
Okay, I'll do that if I find another bad mp3 (I'd deleted bad mp3 I found the first time).

Couin
BadCompany 4:58 PM - 10 July, 2004
i had a bunch of bad mp3s but i just re-encoded them all... i deleted the orginals :( sorry... but when i would load these Sl wouldnt crash completely the audio would just keep cutting out like a mad man...
Couin 11:29 AM - 11 July, 2004
Did you re-encode all of your mp3's, or only bads mp3 ?
I have a lot of good mp3 which turning well on SSL, I wouldn't re-encode them for nothing (and lost quality)? Just want to sort only bads mp3, you see ? ;-)

Couin
Couin 11:30 AM - 11 July, 2004
Quote:
If you have a file which crashes SL every time, you should email it to support at serato so that we can examine it.

Hi !
Did you received well my e-mail with link of a bad mp3 ?

Thanks ;-)

Couin
BadCompany 5:34 PM - 11 July, 2004
Couin: No didnt re-encode all of them only the ones that were bad... i noticed i had a bunch regge songs that didnt work for some reason... i just re-encoded them to the same bitrate and all was good... ( i use soundforge 6.0 )