DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Opening up for DJ A.M.

dj syko 11:40 PM - 21 April, 2006
I'm kinda syked about this ..our club is bring down DJ A.M. and I'm opening up for him , I admire the fact that he's not your ordinary dj who spins 1 type of genre only. I recently heard some of his mixes and it turns out that this is the way i've been mixing with different types of music from 70's to now from country to house everything. . pretty cool to hear someone else do it too . in july i'll be celebrating my 20th year djing . big party !!!
djxatl 11:41 PM - 21 April, 2006
where at?
mister iLL 12:08 AM - 22 April, 2006
nice!
DJVigor 12:36 AM - 22 April, 2006
DJ AM IS MY IDOL

have fun man Dont fuck up
Dj Karl-R 1:23 AM - 22 April, 2006
yo just be yourself and do what you do

here is what i am excited about scroll down to see post with jazzy

myspace.com
DjWoody 4:39 AM - 22 April, 2006
Very nice! Congrats!
mexicannnnnn 7:19 AM - 22 April, 2006
Good luck!
dopemc 8:40 AM - 22 April, 2006
just play all the songs that you know he is gonna play.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 2:34 PM - 22 April, 2006
20 years! go syko, go syko go
djransom 3:59 PM - 22 April, 2006
Quote:

myspace.com

Very nice Karl-R.
DeezNotes 7:42 PM - 28 April, 2006
Quote:

myspace.com

That's a fresh-ass shirt Jeff got on. What is that? Enyce?
vidoona 12:28 AM - 29 April, 2006
Karl-R, I don't know why I never made the connection, but I just realized who you were after seeing your myspace post. I saw you a few times when I was like 15 years old at raves when you went by DJ Crazy or something like that. I saw you at Level too the other day and didn't even realize who you were. Small world.
DJ AM 10:03 PM - 29 April, 2006
What up Syko! What club is this and when?
mister iLL 1:59 AM - 30 April, 2006
need some help auditioning go-go dancers.......? :)
mister iLL 2:00 AM - 30 April, 2006
(that was at karl...)
DJ Xplisit 2:04 AM - 30 April, 2006
MAN! Thats huge...Congrats b...Have fun! Get some pics with him for your portfolio or some shit!
PEACE
Dj Karl-R 1:16 AM - 27 May, 2006
Quote:
Karl-R, I don't know why I never made the connection, but I just realized who you were after seeing your myspace post. I saw you a few times when I was like 15 years old at raves when you went by DJ Crazy or something like that. I saw you at Level too the other day and didn't even realize who you were. Small world.

WOW that is wild. Somebody remembers me from back back back in the day. Hey check your pm if you saw this post. Oh and its krayzie :)

drop that name when i started marketing myself to clubs and became a producer/remixer...
dj syko 7:29 AM - 5 June, 2006
I dj in Austin tx at VICCI , whats up dj AM , thursday june 8th check the site www.vicciaustin.com thanks for the props but i kinda got my own style / his is baddass too, mines just different Austin's not all that up to par in mashups , Austin's mostly mainstream , but i play everything from sweet home alabama to weezer , reggaeton i love house , . 2 weeks ago we saw bad boy bill and richard humpty vision in dallas .baddass. last time i saw badboybill was here in austin in1987. latas
DJ Irv 7:43 PM - 5 June, 2006
Since a anewsome starting posting threads about his boy getting herbed by the opening DJ why don't you send AM an PM asking him if there anything he would like you to not play so that you don't step on his toes. I am sure he will say "Do You" and play what you like, but just in case.
dj syko 9:26 AM - 6 June, 2006
thanks for the advice , tonight i djed at r-bar in austin with a band called kirkland we played 30 min. sets it was pretty cool i recorded my sets with ikey i'll try to post the mixxes
dj syko 8:13 AM - 8 June, 2006
n/m about 6 dj's jumped on the train and they are all also opening up for dj
dj syko 8:18 AM - 8 June, 2006
Quote:
n/m about 6 dj's jumped on the train and they are all also opening up for dj am so i figure we'll get about 10-30 min each. kinda dumb but, oh well i smell disaster , i know since i'm the resident dj there on thusdays i should still play , on another note i was spinning at rbar and i happened to be rockin dirty wormz and the showed up at the window saying hey thats our tsong , it was kool ,this also happened a while back with bushwick bill crazy stuff,
mexicannnnnn 4:10 AM - 9 June, 2006
10-30 mins each? Damn that does sound like a disaster. Now me and my DJ partner do around 30-45 min each but thats cuz we are partners and can work off each other no problem.

Doing small sets its almost pointless for the amount of work... if I was one of those 6 I would just let them do their thing while I watch from the crowd mac'n the ladies. ;-)

Now if I was the normal resident DJ then there is no way I would let anyone spin (other then my partner).
dj syko 1:22 AM - 10 June, 2006
true, well it was alright am spun for 2.5 hours he's good
Frank Castle dj 3:12 PM - 26 May, 2016
This was so dope to read again