Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Realtime Beat Grid Adjustment.

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SR
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
2.Um.@.X 12:19 AM - 2 June, 2014
I just recently purchased my own Pioneer DDJ-SR. I also recently updated my playlist. I noticed that I cannot adjust/align the beatgrid in realtime without using the keyboard.

Is there a way I can adjust/align the beatgrid using the controller without reaching to the keyboard?
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:10 PM - 5 June, 2014
Hi 2.Um.@.X,

Sorry but the DDJ-SR does not have dedicated Beatgrid controls like the DDJ-SX, you will need to either use the keyboard or the cursor to adjust the Beatgrids.

Regards
djelevation 6:09 PM - 22 January, 2015
I just purchased the ddj-sb and am thinking about upgrading to the SR. Is it possible to midi map the performance pads lesser used functions to beatgridding. Perhaps loading a custom midi map just for going through new tracks and adjusting grids then switching to the default map when playing?

Its been a while since I've used Serato so I'm a little out of date on how the midi functions work. I tried mapping a small akai controller I have just for beat gridding but I still have to have the SB plugged in to use the MIDI function which is pretty annoying.
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:43 PM - 8 February, 2015
Hi djelevation,

No, you can not re-map default controls of supported Serato DJ hardware. You will need to connect a secondary controller (like your Akai) to be able to MIDI map these features. MIDI mapping is only available once a secondary MIDI controller is connected.

Regards
DJ via Gluck 11:46 AM - 9 February, 2015
hello, how can I create a new post/subject in this forum?
thankx
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:16 PM - 9 February, 2015
This is the old forum support area, which is no longer used as help requests are now created here > support.serato.com. Please create a help ticket though our new support area if you are having issues with your software.

However if you just want to create a new post/subject/discussion in the forum, you can still do that here > serato.com

Regards
2:00 AM, 22 Apr 2015
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.