Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

numark ns6 freezes and crashes HELP

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
forkka 6:15 PM - 30 May, 2014
hello well i want to know if you can help me out.
when i use serato dj it opens percfectly and i start using it and everything works great but then out of nowhere serato dj freezes and i mean i freezez my hole compurer i cant even move the cursor the only way to use my computer is to shut it down manually
i have done the corrupt file check and analyzes all the music i use in serato dj, and the problem still ocurrs however i been searching everywhere and cant find a solution please i be more than happy if u can help out
tanks
Serato, Support
Lucas S 11:28 PM - 8 June, 2014
Hi forkka,

How large is your music library? Do you store your music on an external hard drive?

Do you use iTunes to organise your music library?

Click this link and check to see if your firmware/drivers are all up to date: www.numark.com

Let me know.

Cheers
forkka 6:28 AM - 10 June, 2014
hey guys im happy you replay back i see u trying to help us out and i apreciate it

well yeah i have alot of music and nope i havent store it on the external drive and i

used to synchronize itunes library but since i have many genres and i only mix a few, it was

sort of a mess but i have already check the corrupt files and still rechecking just in case and

im doing the firmware update but well i didnt know if i had the latest one but i download the

one on numark.com to make sure i hope everything works now good if not i let u know

thanks for the help :D
DJ Music Therapist 2:52 PM - 29 July, 2014
Hello i am still having songs freezes at least 3-5 times during a five hour period of djing. I am on mac 10.6.8 w/serato dj 1.6.8 NS6, eternal hard drive w/ itunes.
no1djkb 2:58 PM - 29 July, 2014
hmmm not sure about mac as I use a PC.
Do you disable your antivirus Bitner Wedding? What about your WiFi do you disable that?
Arles 9:05 PM - 24 August, 2014
Hi , i have problems w scratch bottom numark ns6 , some time not work ,the hardware is update , i dont know how fix this
no1djkb 11:24 AM - 25 August, 2014
there is a patch on numark's used to update your firmware again try that or you can uninstall your drivers and serato dj software and start over again. I've done that before and it seemed to work
Arles 2:47 AM - 26 August, 2014
Thanks, I uninstall to many time , I will try , formating all windows 7 ,,,,, that never happened before .thanks you for you help I hope the 1.7 run better . I really like serato
shelby 3:59 PM - 5 March, 2015
05 March, 2015 10:45EST.
hello well i want to know if you can help me out.
when i use serato dj it opens percfectly and i start using it and everything works great but then out of nowhere serato dj freezes and i mean i freezez my hole compurer i cant even move the cursor the only way to use my computer is to shut it down manually
i have done the corrupt file check and analyzes all the music i use in serato dj, and the problem still ocurrs however i been searching everywhere and cant find a solution, please I be more than happy if u can help out..
I am using the Numark NS7II controller
thank you for any help..Shelby Ferguson