Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

pause and cue button does not work

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
PC
OS
Windows 8.1
Platform
-
ericg 3:27 PM - 22 May, 2014
when i push pause or cue nothing happens. the play button starts the song but only way to stop music is to push pause and tap the jog wheel but i cant set cues anywhere
Serato, Support
Mak T 1:33 AM - 30 May, 2014
Hey eric g,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Serato HQ. The Cue Button will set the Temp Cue for the track, if you wish to set Hot Cues, you will need to press the Hot Cue buttons on the side of each deck.

Cheers

Mak T
ericg 1:50 AM - 30 May, 2014
yes I know but the pause or Que button just stopped working only on the right side
Serato, Support
Mak T 3:34 AM - 12 June, 2014
Hey Ericg,

Have you tried updating the firmware for your Pioneer DDJ-S1?

Cheers

Mak T
DJCASE 10:24 PM - 19 June, 2014
I've actually had this happen to me, as well, but on the left side. Here is a video to (kind of ) show what I'm talking about:

youtu.be

Video has no sound, but you can see that the Blue Play Button (in Serato DJ) that looks to be triggering once I hit the play button on the SZ, but the song doesn't start at all. The platter indicator doesn't start either. The unit is patched with the latest firmware.

CASE
DJ Zewolfy 11:34 PM - 23 June, 2014
I had this problem last week with my DDJ-SR...
winstonmeetsjulia 3:16 PM - 14 July, 2014
Quote:
Blue Play Button (in Serato DJ) that looks to be triggering once I hit the play button on the SZ, but the song doesn't start at all. The platter indicator doesn't start either. The unit is patched with the latest firmware.

Have had the same issue with the DDJ-SX on the left deck intermittently over the last couple months. To get it to stop, I have to eject/clear the deck, then reload the track.

As DJCASE mentioned, the software reflects proper response to the controller by visually triggering the onscreen play button... but no track response. (Latest firmware and software versions installed to date.)
king scorpion 7:09 PM - 30 November, 2014
when i press the left cue button it start both side and keep restaring both decks
king scorpion 7:10 PM - 30 November, 2014
should tell u ddj sr controller
2:00 AM, 22 Apr 2015
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.