DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

There is finally an EV ETX-18SP review...

Rebelguy 1:40 PM - 14 May, 2014
It was hard for me to sit through this as the guy sounds like a used car salesman and can't pronounce the word cardioid but here is the first one...

www.djchat.com!
Taipanic 2:49 PM - 14 May, 2014
Good review. I think I'm mostly sold but I am still going to try and get a hold of one to A/B with my Yorkville. My current thinking is that I will probably prefer the SQ of the EV and be willing to take the hit on the max DB level for better quality. I also want to do a compare between the ZXa5 and the 3 way ETX tops.
DJ NoNseNse 7:17 AM - 15 May, 2014
Now somebody needs to hurry up and review the etx12's and 15's.
SELECT 1:52 PM - 15 May, 2014
Quote:

I ordered the 12p tops and 15sp sub. They were on back order and will arrive next week. From all the reviews Ive read and heard online the best sounding tops are the 10in, 12in & 15in 3 way. I also spoke to EV and from what I gathered the 15in 2 way were a good solution to have for gigs without a sub. He also said the 12in threw slightly farther and was a better match for the subs.
Joee 5:46 PM - 15 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I ordered the 12p tops and 15sp sub. They were on back order and will arrive next week. From all the reviews Ive read and heard online the best sounding tops are the 10in, 12in & 15in 3 way. I also spoke to EV and from what I gathered the 15in 2 way were a good solution to have for gigs without a sub. He also said the 12in threw slightly farther and was a better match for the subs.

i' going to be buying two RCF HD12-A'S

i really thinking about the ETX-12P, but i don't want a 50lbs 12 the rcf is 36lbs
SELECT 5:55 PM - 15 May, 2014
You cant go wrong with RCF. They will sound great no doubt. I prefer a wood cabinet tho for deeper bass response and also the ETX have a higher SPL rating.

I really like what EV is doing. Check their youtube page, they have a lot of info on the ETX. www.youtube.com
Joee 7:04 PM - 15 May, 2014
Quote:
I really like what EV is doing. Check their youtube page, they have a lot of info on the ETX. www.youtube.com

man you just don't know i'm a ev fan boy, i have used & own almost all there powered lines along with some of there passive stuff

i also use the almighty ZXA5......

i only recently got into rcf.......
SELECT 7:34 PM - 15 May, 2014
No doubt, I know. Well see how these ETX fair after a year of use. The protection they have is a huge selling point for me as well.
dj jest jamm 11:13 PM - 12 July, 2014
I got the ETX 15" and 12" tops they rock..i'm keeping the 12" and getting two 15"subs i wanted the 18" sub but i got 2 Yorkville ls801p's already so i went with 2 15" subs……thanks to DJ SELECT lol.
DJ GaFFle 12:46 PM - 13 July, 2014
Quote:
I got the ETX 15" and 12" tops they rock..i'm keeping the 12" and getting two 15"subs i wanted the 18" sub but i got 2 Yorkville ls801p's already so i went with 2 15" subs……thanks to DJ SELECT lol.

This must gonna be your smaller-gig setup.
Joee 1:31 PM - 13 July, 2014
Quote:

man you said you got it right with, your rcf sub 8003/722

you still buying gear……lol
dj jest jamm 2:25 PM - 13 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

This is going to be my grown and sexy setup….like for wedding and 50,60,70, Birth day parties.
dj jest jamm 2:30 PM - 13 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

man you said you got it right with, your rcf sub 8003/722

you still buying gear……lol

The RCF'S sub is a 18" now i got 2 15" subs left and right….And i don't think i will ever get it right the Upgrades don't stop!!!
Joee 2:55 PM - 13 July, 2014
dj jest jamm……..is officially renamed to dj upgrade

if you really want to upgrade you need to look into these, there only $5,000 for the powered version
www.danleysoundlabs.com

check out this video of just one of there top boxes
Watchwww.youtube.com
dj jest jamm 6:19 PM - 13 July, 2014
D
Quote:
dj jest jamm……..is officially renamed to dj upgrade

if you really want to upgrade you need to look into these, there only $5,000 for the powered version
www.danleysoundlabs.com

check out this video of just one of there top boxes
Watchwww.youtube.com

Did u not see my dual 18" Apogee sub i can't find tops to keep up with it…need line array for that shit…I'm good on 18" lol i think….gonna check out that Daniey lol
SELECT 7:12 AM - 14 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

My dude Jest Jamm got some sick sound setups! Yeah this 12 top & 15 sub ETX setup will be excellent for his smaller events. I got one 15 in sub and its definitely not enough for me. Its great don't get me wrong, but two will get you full stereo and compliment each top better. I want to get the second 15 sub soon. Its gonna look and sound amazing for my weddings this year.
DJ NoNseNse 3:24 PM - 14 July, 2014
The 10 inch tops are a good match with the etx15sp also.
dj_soo 6:57 PM - 14 July, 2014
Quote:
two will get you full stereo

sub-bass - especially for modern music - is mono. 2 subs are most definitely better than one, but stereo doesn't do anything for you below 100ish hz.
SELECT 7:25 PM - 14 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

sub-bass - especially for modern music - is mono. 2 subs are most definitely better than one, but stereo doesn't do anything for you below 100ish hz.

I play everything including Latin, Rock, Reggae, Funk, Soul and a lot of it is live. Stereo imaging is a must to capture the ambiance of the track. The soundstage is amazing in stereo and with a great set of speakers and subs you can hear where everything is coming from. Even if todays modern music just uses pan effects there still is an element where the left and right channel play distinct sounds. Put on a pair of headphones and listen to where everything is coming from.

audiophilereview.com

kenrockwell.com
dj_soo 7:39 PM - 14 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I play everything including Latin, Rock, Reggae, Funk, Soul and a lot of it is live. Stereo imaging is a must to capture the ambiance of the track. The soundstage is amazing in stereo and with a great set of speakers and subs you can hear where everything is coming from. Even if todays modern music just uses pan effects there still is an element where the left and right channel play distinct sounds. Put on a pair of headphones and listen to where everything is coming from.

audiophilereview.com

kenrockwell.com

all that ambience and stereo field is going to be in your tops - not the subs. Again, you don't really need stereo for your subs. Just the top end.
benictrs 8:08 PM - 14 July, 2014
I like the EV ETX-18SP and i would love to use them together with a pair of RCF HD32-A's , but after looking at the EV subs i have noticed that they don't have Xover on the outputs to the tops , their only link's . This means that if you don't use it with the EV ETX tops which have integrated DSP you will need to use some kind of crossover for the tops to cut the under 100hz frequencies for them.
benictrs 8:15 PM - 14 July, 2014
I am still looking for the perfect subs for the rcf hd 32-a's they recommend the rcf hdl-18as which are both heavy and expensive . I would better like to use them with 2 pairs of rcf art 905-as . What do you guys think about this?
Sorry for hijacking the discussion .
Joee 8:29 PM - 14 July, 2014
Quote:
I am still looking for the perfect subs for the rcf hd 32-a's they recommend the rcf hdl-18as which are both heavy and expensive . I would better like to use them with 2 pairs of rcf art 905-as . What do you guys think about this?

www.jblpro.com, they have a high passed out put and can be had for $1,550
SELECT 1:48 PM - 15 July, 2014
The homie DJ Jest Jamm just posted this, one 12p ETX speaker.

Watchwww.youtube.com

I got a lot of video to go through from this weekends gigs with the etx line. I'll be posting up by the end of this week.
DJ GaFFle 3:42 PM - 15 July, 2014
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

I got a lot of video to go through from this weekends gigs with the etx line. I'll be posting up by the end of this week.

LOL... @ 2:35 he focuses on something choice but attempts to pan left and right AS IF his initial focal point wasn't what he wanted all along.
Joee 3:58 PM - 15 July, 2014
^ LMAO

maybe it's just a new camera that he's still getting the hang of?????

lol…..
rsn620 11:48 PM - 15 July, 2014
Here is a decent review on the etx line:
www.uniquesquared.com
DJ NoNseNse 5:54 AM - 16 July, 2014
Quote:
Here is a decent review on the etx line:
www.uniquesquared.com

Seems more like product information then an actual review.
dj jest jamm 3:05 AM - 17 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

LOL... @ 2:35 he focuses on something choice but attempts to pan left and right AS IF his initial focal point wasn't what he wanted all along.

U a funny dude lol and i don't know what u talking about.
Quote:
^ LMAO

maybe it's just a new camera that he's still getting the hang of?????

lol…..

Thank u Jose
dj jest jamm 10:58 PM - 17 July, 2014
Just got 2 EXT 15sp's in today there're sick the lows are CRAZY!!!!
pdidy 6:32 AM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:

Can 2 get as loud as 1 Yorkville 801 ?
djaction 3:59 PM - 18 July, 2014
I've got 2 ETX12's and 2 ETX118Sp's.

The 12's sound excellent and get LOUD. Maybe not quite as loud as the PRX625's they replaced but overall sound quality is lightyears ahead.

I've had LS801p's, PRX718's, PRX618-XLF's and QSC HPR118's. The ETX118SP stomps over all of those subs. The sub is no joke, it is a MONSTER and has the weight to back it up. I haven't really had a chance to A-B it in terms of sheer output against LS801p but just based off my ears alone, the ETX sounds a LOT better and just as loud. The 618-XLF always sounded better (but quieter) to me than the 801p and the ETX sounds better and louder than the 618-XLF.
dj jest jamm 7:23 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

LOL u a funny dude no but they sound better..the low is solid and deep the yorkvilles are boomie but LOUD ass hell.
pdidy 7:31 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL u a funny dude no but they sound better..the low is solid and deep the yorkvilles are boomie but LOUD ass hell.

Cool, that's what I expected.
pdidy 7:46 PM - 18 July, 2014
@ djaction
"I haven't really had a chance to A-B it in terms of sheer output against LS801p but just based off my ears alone, the ETX sounds a LOT better and just as loud. "

It's already been confirmed that the etx sub is NOT "just as loud" as the Yorkville ls801p but there's no dispute they sound better.
dj jest jamm 7:52 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dude i got 2 yorkvilles ls801p's and 2 ZXA5's and tons of other powered speakers I'm a powered speaker freak!!!
Joee 7:56 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
Dude i got 2 yorkvilles ls801p's and 2 ZXA5's and tons of other powered speakers I'm a powered speaker freak!!!

and you think we don't know this MAN......lol

we know, we seen all your videos.....dj upgrade how is it you say "the upgrade just don't stop"

but you need to take that RCF woofer out of your zxa5 and replace it with a EV DVX 3150
djaction 7:56 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
It's already been confirmed that the etx sub is NOT "just as loud" as the Yorkville ls801p but there's no dispute they sound better.

Do you have a link to the test done?
pdidy 8:05 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes I know, we've been watching you . stream1.gifsoup.com
dj jest jamm 8:17 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes I know, we've been watching you . stream1.gifsoup.com

So look and learn my brother!!!!!
Joee 8:21 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:

cheezburger.com
pdidy 8:25 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

cheezburger.com

Ok that was funny lol
dj jest jamm 8:40 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

cheezburger.com

Ok that was funny lol

U the funny dude on here to me all these dudes do is wait for u to comment like u a GOD fuck out out here u can't fuck with me BOY!!!!
pdidy 9:02 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

cheezburger.com

Ok that was funny lol

U the funny dude on here to me all these dudes do is wait for u to comment like u a GOD fuck out out here u can't fuck with me BOY!!!!

Wait, am i sensing a little hostility here. This mite be a good time for a 4.bp.blogspot.com
dj jest jamm 9:11 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

cheezburger.com

Ok that was funny lol

Wait, am i sensing a little hostility here. This mite be a good time for a 4.bp.blogspot.com

Nigga step ya game up,,and don't comment on my shit no more...Play with these other dudes not me PEACE!!! my brother i'm DONE…1
DJ GaFFle 9:21 PM - 18 July, 2014
HuH?
pdidy 9:31 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

cheezburger.com

Ok that was funny lol

Nigga step ya game up,,and don't comment on my shit no more...Play with these other dudes not me PEACE!!! my brother i'm DONE…1

You know what, I always wanted my very own arch nemesis but I'm batman lol. geekestateblog.com
pdidy 9:33 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
HuH?

Yea that's the same thing I said lol
pdidy 9:59 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Do you have a link to the test done?

There's no "official test" with rta and spl meters but users of both speakers all seem to agree the York is louder. While not scientific this is on test youtu.be
Joee 10:32 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
You know what, I always wanted my very own arch nemesis but I'm batman lol. geekestateblog.com

thats not the way to do it, pdidy and just jamm need to have a speaker battle

post pics of all your speakers…….
dj jest jamm 10:56 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

LMFAOOO we don't need to battle we good he got what he got i got what i got…We gonna leave it @ that…@ joee i dose the powered speaker thing from Yorkville,EV,RCF,FBT,too Apogee..Video's don"t lie!!!!
Joee 11:30 PM - 18 July, 2014
again ……i know i watched your videos, BUT, you need to take the rcf speaker out of the zxa5 and replace it with this……lol
reconingspeakers.com

on the real thou, do you like the sound of the zxa5 better with the rcf driver?
dj jest jamm 12:16 AM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:
again ……i know i watched your videos, BUT, you need to take the rcf speaker out of the zxa5 and replace it with this……lol
reconingspeakers.com

on the real thou, do you like the sound of the zxa5 better with the rcf driver?

I been did that the RCF was way to much.
pdidy 12:22 AM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Naa, I think a live and in person Jamaican style sound clash would be more fitting for jest jamm. We could battle BEST system vs system, categories being sound quality and SPL.
Now that would be cool (no internet pissing contest).

But I can't even be mad at dude because it's all quite funny and entertaining to me.
I don't even feel obligated to return the insults because we both share the love of sound system so he's cool with me. I personally take it as a compliment that he choose me to hate on considering all the gear he owns.
dj jest jamm 1:03 AM - 19 July, 2014
I'm done with this topic but i'm LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO ME HATE..I'VE NEVER BEEN A HATER..I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE….DISCUSSION DEAD!!!!!!
desmorider 1:50 AM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:

What are good street prices on the etx12 and etx15 speakers?
dj jest jamm 2:57 AM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

$900 for the 12" 950 15"@ my spot check around.
Johnnynights 3:38 AM - 19 July, 2014
I used the new etx 18sp sub(its my friends) we done a few gigs with it and no lie i was dissapointed that it clips to easy maybe the cardiod mode whatever is called could help but since there not my subs i dont wanna move many things on it,also at the bar i play at sometimes they use 1 qsc kw181 and its a work horse takes a lot for it to clip.

Im a owner of a yorkville ls801p even my friend(owner of the etx 18sp) admits the ls801p is louder,i do think the etx 18sp probably has better sound quality but for output the yorkie is still the loudest.
DJ NoNseNse 4:04 AM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Hit me up for a good price
dj jest jamm 4:50 AM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hit me up for a good price

how much?
dj jest jamm 4:55 AM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:
I used the new etx 18sp sub(its my friends) we done a few gigs with it and no lie i was dissapointed that it clips to easy maybe the cardiod mode whatever is called could help but since there not my subs i dont wanna move many things on it,also at the bar i play at sometimes they use 1 qsc kw181 and its a work horse takes a lot for it to clip.

Im a owner of a yorkville ls801p even my friend(owner of the etx 18sp) admits the ls801p is louder,i do think the etx 18sp probably has better sound quality but for output the yorkie is still the loudest.

The Etx is a very good sub @ a volume..it go's low and clean..the Yorkville is good @ hi out put..but is to boomie.
DJ GaFFle 2:25 PM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:
I used the new etx 18sp sub(its my friends) we done a few gigs with it and no lie i was dissapointed that it clips to easy...

I think this is a misconception... it has some sort of 2-stage warning/clip level lighting, the last one being a thermal protect (or something). The KW181 is comparable but doesn't go as low or as low as the ETX18SP.
DJ GaFFle 2:25 PM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
I used the new etx 18sp sub(its my friends) we done a few gigs with it and no lie i was dissapointed that it clips to easy...

I think this is a misconception... it has some sort of 2-stage warning/clip level lighting, the last one being a thermal protect (or something). The KW181 is comparable but doesn't go as low or as low as the ETX18SP.

... or as loud as...
DJ Val-BKNY11203 3:08 PM - 19 July, 2014
I guess people are looking for the ETX to be the Yorkville killer. Well it's obvious that's not the case. It seems to a clean sounding musical sub which is not as loud as the Yorkville. Unless you start going way up in price. You are not going to find any subs that will be louder.

If you want loud and boomy...get the Yorkville. (Which can be tuned a bit better with the Driverack)

If you want not as loud as the Yorkville, but has has the newest DSP & protections take the EV.

It's really not that hard guys.
Joee 3:11 PM - 19 July, 2014
^ and that sums it up
Joee 4:23 PM - 19 July, 2014
you have to read this

"I bought two of the ev etx 118p . I play in a country band and for live sound these speakers are crap. In aroom 60' × 80' when the drummer hits his kick you can hardly get anything out of these boxes. I can hear the shell of the kick off of the stage over the speakers. Pluss every time he hits his kick they clip. Event with running the output on +4. They handle the bass okay. But not that fast attack of a kick. I think the slue rate in the power amp itself is crap. I get more out of the older elx 118p and they are only 700w vs the 1800w etx 118p. I have them set to live and that just seems to bring the overall volume down. I wish these sounded as good as they looked. If anyone has any experience with running live sound through these please help."

serato.com
Johnnynights 5:59 PM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I was really looking to buy one etx18sp,i still want to get another sub when i dont use my ls801p.

Maybe qsc kw181 dont go as low as the etx18sp but i feel like the qsc can take more abuse.

I might get a qsc kw181 for a second sub or if i can find something better ill get it,i was looking into the etx18sp but i dont like how easy they are to clip.
DJ GaFFle 6:11 PM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:

...I might get a qsc kw181 for a second sub or if i can find something better ill get it,i was looking into the etx18sp but i dont like how easy they are to clip.

That's just it, I really don't think they're clipping when that 1st light comes on. I'll reserve my judgement though.
Joee 6:20 PM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:
That's just it, I really don't think they're clipping when that 1st light comes on. I'll reserve my judgement though.

thats how they work, first there is a little warning clip letting you know you may think it's limiting but it really not, it's just letting you know your reaching the limiting point

but still how much past that first clip warning can you go before full limiting engages? i would imagine not much further

that also the way the zlx works…...
Taipanic 7:03 PM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
...I might get a qsc kw181 for a second sub or if i can find something better ill get it,i was looking into the etx18sp but i dont like how easy they are to clip.

This is from the manual:
INPUT 1 METER – Displays the signal level of INPUT 1 in dBu. The meter is post INPUT 1
gain control, but before MASTER VOL control. At signals above +18 dBu, the input
indicates CLIP.
6. INPUT 2 METER – Displays the signal level of INPUT 1 in dBu. The meter is post INPUT 2
gain control, but before MASTER VOL control. At signals above +18 dBu, the input
indicates CLIP.

PEAK limiter – The peak anticipation limiter protects the loudspeaker from short-term
peaks which can cause distortion. Short-term blinking is not critical because the
integrated limiter keeps distortion under control. Constant lighting of PEAK indicates the
sound is negatively affected. Reducing the output volume (MASTER VOL) is strongly
recommended to reduce gain.
2. TEMP limiter – The temp limiter protects the transducer from thermal failures by
reducing the gain. The TEMP LIMITER will flash if any gain reduction is being done

Under certain circumstances, the amplifier protects itself and reduces the output gain in order
prevent shutdown in adverse conditions. This may occur when the mains voltage is very low or
high, or when the ambient temperature is very high. The system returns to its original output if
the adverse conditions are corrected.

The Front Light menu shows power on and indicates limit. Available options for this selection
are: ON, OFF or LIMIT.
▪ ON – turns the LED on when the power to the loudspeaker is ON. (Default)
▪ OFF – turns the LED off.
LIMIT – turns the LED off under normal operation. The LED brief blinking indicates the power
amplifier is operated at its limits. Short-term blinking is not critical because the integrated
limiter keeps distortion under control. Constant lighting of the LED indicates the sound is
negatively affected. Reducing the output volume is strongly recommended. For more
information see, System status, page 27.

---------

What needs to be observed is not the light but what the screen is displaying. If it is clipping, the display will show it is in protection mode and how many DBs it has lowered the output.
There is definitely a learning curve for these boxes. In addition to the Master Volume, there is also a setting for adjusting the input level. I think the key to maximum output might be finding the sweet spot between signal input level and output/DSP settings. There are also room EQ settings, speaker placement settings, etc... I think with enough time testing your setup in a good sized room you could find the settings to make these shine.
Is this the Yorkville LS801 killer? Yes, for sound quality (in this price range) but not for output. Even the basic specs show that it won't be louder than the Yorkie. I would expect to use 2 clustered EVs for every Yorkville to get the same DB output but with a better quality sound.
I am still looking to do a live A/B comparison myself.

FYI, there is an array setting in the DSP for using the tops side by side but I am thinking it is only for the ETX35P, which has a 60 degree dispersion pattern. They even make brackets for them.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 10:10 PM - 19 July, 2014
Dude you know people don't read manuals. Straight plug play and complain because they don't know what they are doing.

And I continue to say this. If you are continually clipping your speakers you dont have enough for the job.
dj jest jamm 6:04 AM - 20 July, 2014
SHMFH the 15" sub sounds good to me i was talked out of buying the 18" by @DJ SELECT and i'm glad i did these 15" subs do the job…My ls801p's are crazy but i needed a small setup for some grown and sexy shit lol like 50/60/ B-Day parties weddings baby showers and lil gigs.. I'm good with the 15"sub & 12" tops…
DJ NoNseNse 6:38 AM - 20 July, 2014
Those 15" sub's sound better then most 18" subs.
SELECT 12:55 AM - 21 July, 2014
My final review, recorded at home so my master was at 4. I hope you can hear how good these sound.

Watchwww.youtube.com
SELECT 1:13 AM - 21 July, 2014
At the end of this video you can hear the ETX top and bottom crossed over at 80hz, live mode. My favorite setting so far.

www.youtube.com
DJ NoNseNse 1:42 AM - 21 July, 2014
Quote:
My final review, recorded at home so my master was at 4. I hope you can hear how good these sound.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Says video is unavailable
SELECT 2:17 AM - 21 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Says video is unavailable

Watch it on a desktop. Third party acknowledgement (other peoples music) won't allow it to be shown on most mobile devices.
rayjthedj 3:37 PM - 21 July, 2014
Quote:
you have to read this

"I bought two of the ev etx 118p . I play in a country band and for live sound these speakers are crap. In aroom 60' × 80' when the drummer hits his kick you can hardly get anything out of these boxes. I can hear the shell of the kick off of the stage over the speakers. Pluss every time he hits his kick they clip. Event with running the output on +4. They handle the bass okay. But not that fast attack of a kick. I think the slue rate in the power amp itself is crap. I get more out of the older elx 118p and they are only 700w vs the 1800w etx 118p. I have them set to live and that just seems to bring the overall volume down. I wish these sounded as good as they looked. If anyone has any experience with running live sound through these please help."

serato.com

I have several gigs on the ETX-15-SP subs and you really don't have to worry about the limit, peak and thermal light at all until you hear the sub drop volume and see it show you the limiting it is doing on the LCD.

There is a lot of processing going on once the input signal enters the AMP/DSP module and what you are seeing is early warning displays. I played the sub for 6 minutes with all three warnings on with no limiting until I pushed another 3db out of the mixer, at that point the sub continued to play but I could hear that it reduced volume, I saw a -4db on the LCD screen. I brought the volume back down to where all three indicators were still on (limit, peak and thermal) the sub picked back up to it's original volume.

I am in very well with one of Bosch/EV's engineers, in fact he takes care of the Dallas Cowboy stadium. He has provided me a lot of non-published information on the ETX line. The subs were run over 100 hours in the chamber with the limit, peak and thermal light on without failure. These things are made to warn you and protect themselves, but play on.
Taipanic 4:43 PM - 21 July, 2014
Yeah, how awesome is DSP that cuts 4db from the signal rather than go into thermal shutdown for 2-3 minutes like most overdriven boxes do. If the build quality is there, I think once the best configs are figured for these boxes they might be the new "bulletproof" go to mid quality box of choice.
Joee 4:50 PM - 21 July, 2014
Quote:
If the build quality is there, I think once the best configs are figured for these boxes they might be the new "bulletproof" go to mid quality box of choice.

qsc's day's are numbered
rayjthedj 6:01 PM - 21 July, 2014
I like the QSC three way box. I think the two way boxs sound fair. I think the 18" sub is a big let down! It will not produce the sound, quality or volume that the EV-ETX-15-SP will produce, much less the ETX-18-SP. I don't think it has a bad amp, dsp or driver. I don't think the QSC cabinet is big enough to move the air required to make the 18" driver get the job done.

Don't be miss-led by the small numbers difference between the ETX15SP and 18SP, the 18" in its bigger cabinet and 18" driver will flat out move some air. They will hurt your chest at the limit level standing 15' to 20' in front of them with a strong bass program song.

I am an EV guy, but I will tell you that the Yamaha DXR line is what will kill the QSC line!! It sounds better than the QSC and ZLX line, but it should sound better than the ZLX at over twice the price.

Al and others who might know me, I am new to this board, I am oldschooldj on all the other forums, but it was taken here.
Robbie O 7:17 PM - 21 July, 2014
So in your opinion you think ETX15SP > QSC KW181?
SELECT 7:36 PM - 21 July, 2014
Quote:
So in your opinion you think ETX15SP > QSC KW181?

Everyone has different perceptions of what good sound is. In my use of both of the subs, the 18 delivers more bass, its the law of physics. Also remember everyone is inputing different sound into these. Some use mixer boards, controllers, DJ mixers, etc. Others directly plug in instruments to them. Way too many factors.
rayjthedj 8:07 PM - 21 July, 2014
Robbie O, my answer is yes Sir. I have owned both, I must say the QSCKW181 was not for long, one event. It did not produce the quality of sound I was looking for. As stated above, everyones ears are different.

I do use and listen to most types of music, with exceptions being heavy metal, current rock and very little rap.
SELECT 8:22 PM - 21 July, 2014
Quote:
Robbie O, my answer is yes Sir. I have owned both, I must say the QSCKW181 was not for long, one event. It did not produce the quality of sound I was looking for. As stated above, everyones ears are different.

I do use and listen to most types of music, with exceptions being heavy metal, current rock and very little rap.

One event is not enough. I wouldnt even give an opinion on the 15sp sub until I had it for a few months on the road and while its a nice sub, no way will it win over the kw181 in bass delivery. Just not big enough. The KW181 is still one of my favorite compact 18 subs.
rayjthedj 8:33 PM - 21 July, 2014
I had well over 10 hours of listening time in a DJ setting with the QSC sub before I played an event with it, so I tweaked it to the best sound I could get from it.

I have over 20 hours of listening on my ETX15SP subs and three gigs, so I stand by MY review. I am glad the QSC works well for you.

It took me a couple years to find a active product that would replace my EV-TourX stuff, with CP4000 amps and DDCONE processing. I did everything I could to find a mid level active system that sounded good before I bought TourX. I listened to QSC, JBL and EV active stuff at four different locations, and even had some QSC stuff that went back, I got full refund towards my TourX.

I am not a sound engineer, but have used high quality audio equipment since the mid 1970's. The ETX stuff is not the best equipment I have heard, but it is the best sounding equipment I have heard in the active line at the mid level point.
SELECT 8:46 PM - 21 July, 2014
What did you do to "tweak" the QSC sub in a DJ setting? Just curious.

Ive used and heard the QSC 18 sub for years in almost every event imaginable. Ive used my 15sp for a few months now. No way the 15sp delivers more or better bass. Its just physically impossible. Your right tho, you gotta use what works best for you and your ears. You cant win that debate.

Your right tho. The ETX sounds great!
Rebelguy 10:00 PM - 21 July, 2014
I work with the KW181s at a club I do monthly. They are decent sounding but once they heat up or get pushed too hard they start sounding bad.

I still like the EV ETX 15inch sub over the 18. My feedback from NAMM stated the same. I just expected more from the 18 inch sub given the cabinet size.
rayjthedj 10:10 PM - 21 July, 2014
My biggest problem with the QSC sub was it sounded strained (for lack of a better word) when pushed very hard. It did not seem to produce a full flat response unless you kept the volume low. I have to give it a plus, that it doesn't go all boomy like the Yorkvilles.

The only thing I could compare the QSC to, is how the CV horn loaded subs turn into one note wonders when pushed (not really one notes, but very peakish in the 60-80hz).

I like to use my stuff flat on EQ as much as possible and bring enough subs where they need no boost to balance with the tops. I did use a EQ to try and improve the 40-60hz response and EQ down the 60-80hz range on the QSC, but then it had no headroom in the amp.
SELECT 12:57 AM - 22 July, 2014
Yeah everyone loves to push powered speakers to their limit. Smh that will never change. Like I've said before, those qscs are workhorses. Excellent mobile speakers.

I've never felt the need to eq powered powered speakers since they usually are tuned from factory and meant to be used with tops and bottom combos of the same brand. I did eq my passive srx subs quite a bit, but then again it was necessary. Sounds like you were just trying to make the qsc stay low.

I haven't tried to peq on the etx yet, but I'm sure I'll find some use for it in the future. Well see.
rayjthedj 2:23 AM - 22 July, 2014
The peq doesn't just work on the freq you pick to boost or reduce, it has a filtering arch and effects the freq's around the specified freq you are working on.

I was trying to make the QSC a little flatter from 40-100hz.

Unless I read wrong the QSC box is smaller than the ETX15SP box and the ETX has a much better frequency response at -3db than the QSC has at -6 db.

Once again, my opinion of the QSC was they didn't give the box enough space to take advantage of the driver and the amp module they installed. With subs it is all about moving air. You can try a lot of tricks or horn loading, but it all comes down to how you move lots of air effeceintly.
SELECT 2:40 AM - 22 July, 2014
I used the peq a lot on my passive system. I really liked being able to visually see the curve on the driverack screen.

Right, but those are just specs on paper. The boxes are similar size, true. I'll have to do a side by side soon. My crew has a ton of em, I'll have to borrow one.
rayjthedj 2:52 AM - 22 July, 2014
Let me know what you think. I can not do a side by side as I no longer own the QSC. Specs can be a little missleading, but I like how EV puts their freq response and sensitivity charts out there for everyone to see.

Many manufacturers just give you -3 and -10 numbers, which seem to be fairly standard that is why I am trying to figure out why QSC gave -10 and -6 numbers on the KW181.
BigDaddyEntertainment 5:32 PM - 20 November, 2014
BD here, opinions are great, professional application advice appreciated. 13yrs mobile Dj/KJ, full time......Im in the market for subs , looking for active to sit under my k12s .....I owned the k181s (pair)...i didnt think much of them to me the earth shattering club effect everyone is talking about is bigger is better mentality and more suited toward live events or clubbing.......I Dj every night of the week and have 4 Djs working for me, This rig is going to be used for top 40, corporate party, wedding type of events 250ish people......currently have two ksubs under them , but even though the ksubs round out the bottom with a very professional sound they really just fall short of "drunkin end of the night hip hop power" Im looking for something with good power, and good sound, im figuring a 15 inch would probably be the way to go.....looking at the new EVs ETX15sp and the Yorkville LS720p right now....any advice would be greatly appreciated
SELECT 5:41 PM - 20 November, 2014
I own one ETX15sp and its great, but its about the same size and weight of the KW181 so from what I sense its too big for you want.

See it here on my page- Watchwww.youtube.com
Discobee 6:32 PM - 20 November, 2014
^^which tabletop facade is that one Select?
djattila 7:00 PM - 20 November, 2014
@ select

was reading the description of your video... You run your tops at full range?
SELECT 7:09 PM - 20 November, 2014
Quote:
^^which tabletop facade is that one Select?

I bought that over 5 years ago on ebay from some guy who hand made them in his shop. Since then hes gone out of business or disappeared. He was selling a ton of them at the time. I cant find them anymore and ebay doesnt go back that far in my history.
Quote:
@ select

was reading the description of your video... You run your tops at full range?

Yup, if they are above the sub then I run them at 100hz crossover along with the sub.
BigDaddyEntertainment 7:25 PM - 20 November, 2014
EVs ETX15s or Yorkville LS720p with my QSC K12s ??????
Joee 7:29 PM - 20 November, 2014
Quote:
EVs ETX15s or Yorkville LS720p with my QSC K12s ??????

the ev……it's been said already that most people thought they were listening to a 18" the very first time the listened to the etx15sp
BigDaddyEntertainment 7:41 PM - 20 November, 2014
Thankyou for your response, after all these years im moving into all the new powered stuff and am kinda lost
Joee 7:48 PM - 20 November, 2014
Quote:
Thankyou for your response, after all these years im moving into all the new powered stuff and am kinda lost

if i were you i would start out with the etx15 sub than than when you have the extra money to spare…..sell your k12's & use that extra money to get the etx12 tops
djdalite 7:57 PM - 20 November, 2014
just heard the etx line at guitar center the other day...deff impressed.

ext 15 tops and the 18in subs - two of each and you are rockin
rayjthedj 3:02 PM - 21 November, 2014
You don't need the ETX12P tops with the ETX15SP subs, unless you are going to run more than two of the subs at one time. The ETX10P tops are more than adequate to run with one or a pair of the subs, and sound better than the 12P tops with the subs.

If you step up to four-six of the subs then you will need the 12P to keep up.

I have all of the products I have discussed above and the opinions are from using them in different settings.
DJ Savage916 5:40 PM - 21 November, 2014
You deff can NOT go wrong with the ETX stuff. I have 2 15 tops with 3 18 subs and I consider it to be a compact system (fits in bed of my truck). The sound is impressive.
DJ SL1 12:27 AM - 25 November, 2014
Quote:
Once again, my opinion of the QSC was they didn't give the box enough space to take advantage of the driver and the amp module they installed. With subs it is all about moving air. You can try a lot of tricks or horn loading, but it all comes down to how you move lots of air effeceintly.

very true but if this is anything like car audio too much airspace is bad.
DJ SL1 3:35 PM - 25 November, 2014
ok guys question jbl prx or ev etx
djattila 3:38 PM - 25 November, 2014
Etx. Hands down
Joee 3:42 PM - 25 November, 2014
Quote:

didn't we answer this question already
DJ SL1 3:43 PM - 25 November, 2014
damnit lol i heard the jbl is the cream of the crop. i want best bang for the buck i was almost going to buy 2 ev elx 118p instead just to have 2 instead of the one expensive one what do you think? sorry for the crazy typing im at work.
Rebelguy 3:46 PM - 25 November, 2014
Quote:
damnit lol i heard the jbl is the cream of the crop.

VRX line and up.
Joee 3:47 PM - 25 November, 2014
Quote:
i want best bang for the buck

this was already answered as well $1,150 yorkvile LS801P, it will easily outperform two or three jbl prx718's
DJ SL1 3:48 PM - 25 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

didn't we answer this question already

where at joe? if your talking about another forum sorry i havent had the chance/time to see all these threads
Joee 3:52 PM - 25 November, 2014
Quote:
where at joe?

in another thread were you asked the same two questions …..call this store tell them you have $1,150 for this speaker brand new
www.proaudiostar.com

thats the best bang for your buck period !!!!!!!!!!!
Joee 3:54 PM - 25 November, 2014
Quote:
i was almost going to buy 2 ev elx 118p instead

if you have the money for these than buy them …you won't be disappointed
JJP 9:27 PM - 27 November, 2014
To the man That said The Qsc Kw 181 sounds better then 2 Jbl Prx 718 xlf and has 20 years experience in sound !!well Guess what you went to the wrong School !!!The Jbl Prx 718 Xlf and The EV etx 118sp were Designed for 1 Thing !Beat The Qsc Kw 181 !!!The Qsc Is A Great Speaker and it had its moments as one of the Greatest!!!but The Newer Jbl and Ev Subs Will Sound Better !Louder !and The price is about the same !!Most of the people here agree with that!!!whievere thinks the opposite = either You own A Qsc Rig Or Simpley Are in Love with Qsc!!
Joee 12:37 AM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
To the man That said The Qsc Kw 181 sounds better then 2 Jbl Prx 718 xlf

i don't know about all that! i think the 718 has a rounder fuller bass than the 181
djvtyme85 2:11 AM - 28 November, 2014
the prx 718 sounds paired with prx 712 sounds better than the k series alternative in my opinion. why? more clarity, but both can go as "loud" as each other. it's all about preference. now when you compare a elx ev combo then yes the qsc will out power them. yet, for the difference in cost your not getting much more spl for your money.

only the etx ev series is something that is going to give you true leap over the jbl and qsc line up. once again though for the money not as much as i personally think its worth until you start getting into a better class of speaker...for my clientele i cant justify that expense, nor do i need the extra power on enough occassions to invest in it.
pdidy 2:49 AM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
To the man That said The Qsc Kw 181 sounds better then 2 Jbl Prx 718 xlf

i don't know about all that! i think the 718 has a rounder fuller bass than the 181

anybody know what man he's referring to ?
DJ SL1 1:21 PM - 28 November, 2014
All I know just based on everything I read I made the decision to go with the less expensive pair of elx118p also with the money I saved I bought two new tops elx115p to replace my Samson aurod415 which I had no complaint. I'm just happy to have some bass now than no bass. I just hope I didn't make a mistake and they are loud enough. One one my buddies had a harbinger bass speaker and I couldn't hear his.
Joee 1:30 PM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
All I know just based on everything I read I made the decision to go with the less expensive pair of elx118p also with the money I saved I bought two new tops elx115p to replace my Samson aurod415 which I had no complaint. I'm just happy to have some bass now than no bass. I just hope I didn't make a mistake and they are loud enough. One one my buddies had a harbinger bass speaker and I couldn't hear his.

how much did you pay for the pair of elx118p?

if it any ware near $1,550 you made a mistake, a forum member just bought a vrx918sp as per my & pdidy recommendation

he said that one vrx918sp outperformed all four of his elx118p's……i tried to tell you
Joee 1:33 PM - 28 November, 2014
i will say you defiantly upgraded you system & at the end of the day your better off than were you started!!!
DJ SL1 1:33 PM - 28 November, 2014
Yea u did. I guess I'll be ok I'm doing small events. I mostly do club and they have there own stuff
DJ SL1 2:51 PM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
i will say you defiantly upgraded you system & at the end of the day your better off than were you started!!!

thanks at least that makes me feel alot better! i was happy with my samsons but i hope the EV shows much improvement over them.
djvtyme85 4:54 PM - 28 November, 2014
personally i would've gotta the elx 112 tops in conjuction with elx 118 as the 115 tops are better matched to a more powerful sub. but at least in this case for small parties where a sub isn't needed you have a good full range
DJ SL1 8:23 PM - 28 November, 2014
ok guys i need help now and don't know what the heck is going on and i tried like 10 different ways first off the ev use a quarter inch cord which i went and bought mono...i ran them from sub to top and only the sub works i ran top to sub and only the sub work i thought it was cord but no....when i run it from my old samsung with my xlr then the new cord i bought to the sub it works fine but i can't get the ev to work with the ev
Joee 8:28 PM - 28 November, 2014
did you try to run you output straight to the too box to see if it works? i would be using all xlr cables also! if you mixer only has a 1/4 output get a xlr adapter
dj jest jamm 9:13 PM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
ok guys i need help now and don't know what the heck is going on and i tried like 10 different ways first off the ev use a quarter inch cord which i went and bought mono...i ran them from sub to top and only the sub works i ran top to sub and only the sub work i thought it was cord but no....when i run it from my old samsung with my xlr then the new cord i bought to the sub it works fine but i can't get the ev to work with the ev

Did u u try the tops only to see if they work?
dj jest jamm 9:25 PM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
Samson aurod415

Samson aurod415 lol u gonna hear a Big difference
DJ SL1 12:04 AM - 29 November, 2014
Called the customer service and they said use only xlr cables not to mix the two. I guess I didn't know that the inputs were combo jacks. Bc my Samsons inputs were separate.
DJ SL1 5:03 PM - 1 December, 2014
Did an A/B test with my boy and believe it or not the Samson is louder than the elx 115p. both power set half way with bass turned off on the speakers itself. No matter how much I kept looking for reasons for the EV to win it just didn't justify 1000 watts vs 400 watts. The only way it won was when i cranked the EV up more than 75 percent (level almost +6db) on the speaker and turned up the input (almost +6db)on the speaker as well then it got noticibly louder than the samson but not much and then it started to limit. Where the samson d415 Starts to limit at just over half level 12 o'clock position. With the EV at the 12 o'clock position (all dials) its no where near as loud as the Samson.

Quick question can anyone recommend a good inexpensive dolly/hand truck to haul this stuff around?
Joee 5:06 PM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
over half level 12 o'clock position. With the EV at the 12 o'clock position (all dials)

you have to set the white dial on the over all the way up, it's not a volume control it's just a internal mixer……the white input dial go's all the way up & your red dail is you master volume use that one to control overall volume
Joee 5:11 PM - 1 December, 2014
take a look at the pic, if you use input 1 than that dial goes all the way up, while your while your red level dial controls overall output
www.electrovoice.com
Joee 5:12 PM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
take a look at the pic, if you use input 1 than that dial goes all the way up, while your red level dial controls overall output
www.electrovoice.com

fixed
JDforKing 5:36 PM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
over half level 12 o'clock position. With the EV at the 12 o'clock position (all dials)

you have to set the white dial on the over all the way up, it's not a volume control it's just a internal mixer……the white input dial go's all the way up & your red dail is you master volume use that one to control overall volume

this is correct, i have the elx115ps
DJ SL1 6:25 PM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

this is correct, i have the elx115ps

Cool good to know i just didn't want to blow anything or feel like i was running them too hard. I went off what the guy told me on the phone and in my mind it made sense. Back in the day with our cars and amps we would turn it all the way and then a quarter back as a good rule of thumb. So I was just trying to be careful. Any word on a good hand truck.
Al Poulin 6:30 PM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
Did an A/B test with my boy and believe it or not the Samson is louder than the elx 115p. both power set half way with bass turned off on the speakers itself. No matter how much I kept looking for reasons for the EV to win it just didn't justify 1000 watts vs 400 watts. The only way it won was when i cranked the EV up more than 75 percent (level almost +6db) on the speaker and turned up the input (almost +6db)on the speaker as well then it got noticibly louder than the samson but not much and then it started to limit. Where the samson d415 Starts to limit at just over half level 12 o'clock position. With the EV at the 12 o'clock position (all dials) its no where near as loud as the Samson.

As somewhat mentionned - this is an all too common mistake when comparing active speakers... You simply cannot compare two active speakers set at similar gain settings with a given signal to see which is louder because different manufactures set their gain levels/sensistivity differently. All you have proven is that one speaker requires more signal to produce a given sound level - which is not indicative of maximum SPL. Although I wouldn't think the EV would get 2X louder than the Samson, it should probably provide a little more overall SPL at maximum levels given the higher applied power and likely higher quality transducers. I haven't tested or compared both of these however, so this is just a guess...
djdisbjohn 6:33 PM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

if it any ware near $1,550 you made a mistake, a forum member just bought a vrx918sp as per my & pdidy recommendation

he said that one vrx918sp outperformed all four of his elx118p's……i tried to tell you

I bought an ETX-118SP sub when it first released and AB'd it to the JBL VRX918SP. Overall sound quality goes to the VRX. The ETX had a little more bump, but only in a particular range, and the limit light started coming on. I ended up returning the ETX. If you have the funds, VRX918SP is a great sub for size, weight, sound quality, and output. I've got 3 now, and planning to get one more.
Joee 1:05 AM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
I bought an ETX-118SP sub when it first released and AB'd it to the JBL VRX918SP. Overall sound quality goes to the VRX. The ETX had a little more bump, but only in a particular range, and the limit light started coming on. I ended up returning the ETX. If you have the funds, VRX918SP is a great sub for size, weight, sound quality, and output. I've got 3 now, and planning to get one more.

you have to demo them etx subs again in LIVE mode it's been said that they sound much better in live mode
Joee 1:07 AM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
Any word on a good hand truck.

i use these
www.mcmelectronics.com

www.mcmelectronics.com
pdidy 9:04 AM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

this is pretty much the same results i got when a/b ing the RCF 4PRO8003-A vs JBL VRX918SP.......the rcf played a lil louder in the higher frequencies but the jbl sounded bettter because it goes lower. Plus the jbl was 23lb's lighter so the JBL VRX918SP was the easy choice.
pdidy 9:06 AM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
I've got 3 now, and planning to get one more.

3 is where the magic starts to happen but 4 is just perfect :)
DJEASY 10:37 PM - 6 December, 2014
Hey Guys so how big of a room could i do with 2xEV ETX 12p and 4 EV ETX 15sp OR 2x15p and 2x18sp...for you guys that have heard these speakers Not going by the numbers
Popster 8:39 PM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:
Hey Guys so how big of a room could i do with 2xEV ETX 12p and 4 EV ETX 15sp OR 2x15p and 2x18sp...for you guys that have heard these speakers Not going by the numbers

Hey dude.. took quite a while since someone shared a thought about these speakers.
i7ve got 2 etx-12p's and 2 etx-15sp sub's to match them. I use serato on macbook pro with Pioneer DDJ_SZ_N. I have to say these speakers do some serious shit on the floor. the bass is massive, the highs and mids are clear and immortal.

I'm geting one more sub or maybe 2, but that's it. Just to do a longer array in front of the dancefloor or maybe turn 1 around and do a cardioid mode with them.

I do weddings, birthdays and dances with this gear every single weekend and i have never came across a room or a hall or a venue 2 large for these speakers to handle. i Would say, up to 200 people with no problem.
pdidy 9:56 PM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:

Anywhere from 100 to 400 depending on who you ask.
dj res-q 11:34 PM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:

i have 2 ex 12p & 2 etx 18sp's and i did a reunion in a gym and they covered it with ease.
dj jest jamm 3:57 AM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

i have 2 ex 12p & 2 etx 18sp's and i did a reunion in a gym and they covered it with ease.

Man i love the ETX 12p's and the ETX 15sp's the low's on them 15sp's is SICK.. VRX918SP is a great sub for size, weight, i was thinking about getting 2 of these but i got 4 LS801p's so my next upgrade would be 1 RCF 8006 and 2 RCF HDL10-A Active Line Array Module...If that sounds good..I think I'm done lol I think.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 3:49 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
RCF 8006

That 8006 is a monster
DJ Guayo 3:57 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
RCF 8006

That 8006 is a monster

Mang hold up... that would be two of my 8004s coupled...
dj jest jamm 4:35 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
RCF 8006

That 8006 is a monster

LOL trying to get the best price...
desmorider 5:35 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
RCF 8006

That 8006 is a monster

www.ebay.com

$3250
Where were you a couple of months ago jest, when amazon had them for like $2500. We were all thinking it might have been a typo.
DJ GaFFle 7:53 PM - 7 October, 2015
As a mobile jock, you'll have way more flexibilty with a pair of those RCF8004's and much easier transport. If you see yourself adding on with more HDL10-A array boxes and doing festivals-sized gigs and larger, go the 8006-AS route.
Joee 8:15 PM - 7 October, 2015
@dj jest jamm

PM sent homie, i would also consider 8004 like gaffle mentioned , but ay we know you not scared to carry heavy gear …..lol
dj jest jamm 11:39 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
RCF 8006

That 8006 is a monster

www.ebay.com

$3250
Where were you a couple of months ago jest, when amazon had them for like $2500. We were all thinking it might have been a typo.

Dammm i would have got two QUICK!!
dj jest jamm 11:41 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
As a mobile jock, you'll have way more flexibilty with a pair of those RCF8004's and much easier transport. If you see yourself adding on with more HDL10-A array boxes and doing festivals-sized gigs and larger, go the 8006-AS route.

I got the 8003's u forgot??
dj jest jamm 11:44 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
@dj jest jamm

PM sent homie, i would also consider 8004 like gaffle mentioned , but ay we know you not scared to carry heavy gear …..lol

LOL i got the 8003's dude just looking for 1 sub and two Array's for Tailgating..They will pay for there self's in four gigs.
Joee 11:48 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
.They will pay for there self's in four gigs.

i love this mentality……. all your gear pays for itself
Quote:
LOL i got the 8003's dude just looking for 1 sub and two Array's for Tailgating

damn! you want that just for tailgating? or do you mean you get hired to do tailgates?

fyi……the 8004 smashes the 8003 from all the reviews / reports

another fyi 8003 MKII is coming soon Watchwww.youtube.com
dj jest jamm 12:30 AM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
get hired to do tailgates?

I get hired to do tailgates..and a lot of rentals..it good money out hear in the A.T.L. these dudes got small sets out hear...i did a Tailgate with 2 Ls801p and 2 EV ZX5 and shut all the dj's around me down....lol
Joee 12:34 AM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
I get hired to do tailgates..and a lot of rentals..it good money out hear in the A.T.L. these dudes got small sets out hear...i did a Tailgate with 2 Ls801p and 2 EV ZX5 and shut all the dj's around me down....lol

no wonder you moved from NY to ATL……..lol
Joee 12:34 AM - 8 October, 2015
GET THAT MONEY!!!!
dj jest jamm 2:38 AM - 9 October, 2015
Quote:
GET THAT MONEY!!!!

I came across these for this guy out here.. they would good great with the 8006 www.renkus-heinz.com
XIVIX 3:26 PM - 26 April, 2016
Quote:

I got this same dilemma...did you ever find a good sub for the 32a? I'm sitting on a single etx18...and was getting ready to buy some etx35s but since hearing RCF, I"m now thinking hd32's as well.
benictrs 11:49 PM - 27 April, 2016
I have a pair of hd32's and use them together with my rcf 8004as's or with the rcf 705mk2's depending on the venue & event .
They work great eather way . When i use them together with the 15 sub i just tern them down a little ;)
DJ Guayo 2:25 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
I have a pair of hd32's and use them together with my rcf 8004as's or with the rcf 705mk2's depending on the venue & event .
They work great eather way . When i use them together with the 15 sub i just tern them down a little ;)

I also have the hd32s and 8004s. What do you run the HD32s at? I find myself running them a little past 1 o'clock.
XIVIX 1:57 PM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
y rcf 8004as's

Quote:

You don't find a big diff between the 8004 and the 705's? I'm wondering if subs in the 2500 price range are really worth the price versus lets say a etx18.
dj rididm 2:57 AM - 29 April, 2016
Hey guys, I do mainly smaller gigs (under 200) and need some more low end output. Right now I have a pair of RCF HD-12s for my tops and a single RCF 8001. I'm Looking for portability so basically narrowed it down to either a pair of the etx15sp or a pair of qsc kw181.

Either way, will I get a noticeable amount of extra output from the upgrade?
pdidy 3:57 AM - 29 April, 2016
Quote:

YES. Either choice is great and will be a noticeable improvement over 1 RCF 8001.
dj_soo 7:35 AM - 29 April, 2016
Quote:
Hey guys, I do mainly smaller gigs (under 200) and need some more low end output. Right now I have a pair of RCF HD-12s for my tops and a single RCF 8001. I'm Looking for portability so basically narrowed it down to either a pair of the etx15sp or a pair of qsc kw181.

keep in mind that the RCF tops don't have a high pass and the ETX and QSC subs don't have an active crossover so you'll need an external crossover to get optimal sound.
Joee 11:57 AM - 29 April, 2016
Quote:

if portability is what you are looking for why not get two of these?

www.rcf.it
benictrs 10:33 PM - 29 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I also have the hd32s and 8004s. What do you run the HD32s at? I find myself running them a little past 1 o'clock.

Well on the 8004as i have the crossover set at 80hz the gain at 12" , on the hd32 the gain is beetween 2-3" depending on the event/venue .
For more than 200 persons i use the art745 as tops and put the hd32's on the far corners of the venue on tripods for fills . Or just use them for monitors o the stage .
benictrs 10:46 PM - 29 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
y rcf 8004as's

Quote:

You don't find a big diff between the 8004 and the 705's? I'm wondering if subs in the 2500 price range are really worth the price versus lets say a etx18.

There is a big diference between the 8004as & 705mk2 . In output , dimensions of the speaker , weight and let's not forget the price .
When i have a band with me and have to play larger venues/crowds it's a no brainer i go out with the 8004's & art745's . I intend to pick up at some point another pair of 8004's and buy 6 hdl20 line array modules . This is why i purchased 8004's because they are the recomended sub's for bigger pro systems . For my other mobile dj'ing aplications the 705mk2 are great i even think about buyin a pair of evox12's or somme little 10'ish tops like the hd10 or art 710 to play along with the 705mk2 at smaller gigs ;)
dj rididm 4:52 AM - 30 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

if portability is what you are looking for why not get two of these?

www.rcf.it

That was my first choice but the output seems kind of low, I need something that will be a significant improvement over the single 8001.
Joee 10:34 AM - 30 April, 2016
Quote:
That was my first choice but the output seems kind of low, I need something that will be a significant improvement over the single 8001.

your going from one sub that has 133 db output correct? to two that have 131db….the output will be there
DJ Val-BKNY11203 2:18 PM - 30 April, 2016
Get this and call it a day. www.rcf.it
Joee 2:30 PM - 30 April, 2016
Quote:

DAAAUUUUUUMN!
DJ Val-BKNY11203 2:39 PM - 30 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

DAAAUUUUUUMN!

That was my exact word when I saw it. That shit is crazy.
dj rididm 3:40 PM - 1 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

your going from one sub that has 133 db output correct? to two that have 131db….the output will be there

Thanks for the input, I'll definetly consider these then, but I need to hear the ETX15SP as welll. Can't help but feel QSC has something in the works though and to wait.
K3NNY 3:06 AM - 6 June, 2016
I actually just demo'ed a yorkville ls801p vs qsc kw181 and the ev etx18sp. In all honesty they are all great subs. After hearing the ev vs the qsc for the first time I couldn't even tell much of a difference. But the second time I listened there are certain parts where the qsc felt a little flat where as the etx didn't. When you compare them all side by side I cannot say which one is better as everyone has a different perception of sound. For me the yorkville was a stretch already because of the size, as I am a mobile DJ. The qsc and the ev have a low profile with 4 castors as the yorkville only had two and was much larger. The yorkville was definitey louder than the two, but I feel like the ev and the qsc were deeper. I eventually chose the ev over the qsc, and I was originally going in to compare just the qsc and the yorkville. When I heard the etx however I had to choose between 3. A lot of people say that it limits early but when I demo'ed the ev it hit really hard and I was very impressed at the output with just one sub. Once again in my opinion all of these are great subs it just depends on your preference and what you want in a sub in terms of weight and what you think sounds good. I just placed an order today for two ev etx18sp's. I demo'ed the subs playing Dancehall and Soca.
djvtyme85 1:10 AM - 7 June, 2016
Quote:
I actually just demo'ed a yorkville ls801p vs qsc kw181 and the ev etx18sp. In all honesty they are all great subs. After hearing the ev vs the qsc for the first time I couldn't even tell much of a difference. But the second time I listened there are certain parts where the qsc felt a little flat where as the etx didn't. When you compare them all side by side I cannot say which one is better as everyone has a different perception of sound. For me the yorkville was a stretch already because of the size, as I am a mobile DJ. The qsc and the ev have a low profile with 4 castors as the yorkville only had two and was much larger. The yorkville was definitey louder than the two, but I feel like the ev and the qsc were deeper. I eventually chose the ev over the qsc, and I was originally going in to compare just the qsc and the yorkville. When I heard the etx however I had to choose between 3. A lot of people say that it limits early but when I demo'ed the ev it hit really hard and I was very impressed at the output with just one sub. Once again in my opinion all of these are great subs it just depends on your preference and what you want in a sub in terms of weight and what you think sounds good. I just placed an order today for two ev etx18sp's. I demo'ed the subs playing Dancehall and Soca.

the ev limit function is unconventional, but once you read up on it, it isn't limiting in the conventional sense. i've found they are more of a processor light than actually doing anything to alter the subs performance. think about it like a overly anxious yellow light lol. but when it does actually limit (which i've never pushed them hard enough to and yes i've tried) you'll see the big bold letters.
bookdjvibe 9:27 PM - 22 December, 2016
Quote:

What are your findings after using the 2 ETX 18's?? would you buy them again if you could do it all over?

Or would you have gone with another Subwoofer? I'm at a toss up between the EV ETX 18, the JBL PRX 718XLF, and the QSC KW181. Looking to pick up a pair but everyone seems to have a different opinion.

I anyone has another suggestion lemme kno your thoughts. Thanks
bookdjvibe 9:28 PM - 22 December, 2016
Quote:

who's gonna lift that??? lol
broodwich 10:12 PM - 22 December, 2016
Quote:

216 lbs. That's not too bad. I'll just eat a Powerbar first, I'll be good.
Joee 11:11 PM - 22 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

lol

this is the one you want
www.rcf.it
djvtyme85 1:41 PM - 26 December, 2016
i've used the etx 18s and prx 718s in the same venue on separate occassions in pairs. what i can say is the output is equal on both. ev limiter come on sooner but as i learned after reading up it wasn't a limiter in the traditional since. they were more of a processing notification. which sounds better? to my ears both were too similiar to notice. i think it comes down to brand preference to be honest.
benictrs 9:43 AM - 2 January, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol

this is the one you want
www.rcf.it

I'm a big fan of the 8004's i personaly own 4 piece and they are awesome .