Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Audio drop out

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
jaimef 6:57 PM - 9 May, 2014
Was just recording a mix and out of no where the audio dropped out. No levels on the mixer, even after i switched it to internal. I was using a SL3, Pioneer DJM-800 ans Technics 1200's. I unplugged the USB, rebooted the software and it worked.

Also, it says that "my trial has expired" and I needed to buy SDJ. I was under the impression that it was free from the website? No other DJ I know has had to pay for it.
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:16 PM - 9 May, 2014
Hey Jaimef,

It sounds like you may have a corrupt file(s) in your library.
I would suggest analyzing your entire library..
Know that various versions of Serato software handle corrupt files differently.
One version may not have an issue with a file while another one will.
That is why we suggest you reanalyze your entire library anytime you update to a new version.
You do this by unplugging your Rane hardware, holding down the ctrl key, and clicking on the 'analyze files' tab.
Once its done analyzing your files look through the 'all' section for any corrupt files.
They will have an icon next to them that looks like a cd with a crack down the middle of it.
If you are having SDJ read your iTunes library and you see any files with corrupt iTunes logos next to them you'll need to jot them down, shut down SDJ, open iTunes, delete them from iTunes, and then re-open SDJ.

Once your library is corrupt file free give it a good test run and let us know if you are still having issues.

Quote:
Also, it says that "my trial has expired" and I needed to buy SDJ. I was under the impression that it was free from the website? No other DJ I know has had to pay for it.

This is not relevant when using an SL3. Only when using the all-in-one controllers that require you to upgrade to SDJ.
jaimef 5:19 PM - 10 May, 2014
I also use the SL2, SL4, 62 and DDJ-SPX
jaimef 5:19 PM - 10 May, 2014
And thank you for the info, going through my tracks now
RECKLESSDJ 1:20 AM - 23 April, 2015
I hate to be the guy that brings up an old thread but my issue is related and I'm in DESPERATE need. I have sent a help request to Serato but the replies have been a little slow so far and I'm panicking!

I have a Macbook Pro, 2012 model, 4GB RAM, 500GB memory (380GB free), i5 processor. Two Pioneer 800 Mk2 CDJ's and a DJM600 mixer.

I have been using an SL1 box with Scratch Live, no issues at all. This was on Mavericks (if that makes a difference). I recently bought a brand new SL3 and installed Serato DJ (as as well as upgraded to Yosemite). I keep getting frequent and very random drop outs. It tends to happen as I'm mixing two songs...one deck will "stutter", the grey bar above the deck will show a tiny bit of red, and that will in turn throw the mix into a train wreck. I thought maybe this was a Serato DJ issue so I then used my SL3 with Scratch Live and I've had the exact same problem. Everything else is fine, no other issues.

Here's what I've already tried: I've re-installed the SL3 driver off the website. I've adjusted the USB buffer and tried it on all the different numbers. Wifi, bluetooth, screen saver etc is all turned off. The scopes in the setup are circular and look good. I've tried both USB ports. I tried the old USB cable I had with SL1, which surprisingly did seem to reduce it but it was still happening so it could of just been a fluke. I'm out of ideas.

Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction on this? Massive thank you to anyone who can help!