Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

content unlimited like service with Serato DJ

Culprit 5:39 PM - 8 May, 2014
Virtual DJ has a conpletely legal video service embedded inside its program called Content Unlimited. You search for tracks and it searches its cloud and you can either cache the videos or can download them and load them while its downloading.

How do i know the content is legit and 100 percent legal? Because I already use it, its called vj-pro.net

I figure you guys already have a cloud full of music called white label, we should have access to that cloud inside serato dj so we can search tracks on the fly.

The files provided by vjpro are drm protected files, so you have to have an active account to use them, and they play perfectally fine inside virtual dj.

Whitelabel tracks are drm files that play perfect inside ssl and sdj (i think) so i know its possible.

Its $50 a month for virtual dj content unlimited plan. Id pay this and more to get a similar service implimented inside serato dj,

To save the files for offline use, you can choose to cache the files. Its not a replacement for your current database of songs, just an added benefit really. On the fly search of a legal content cloud with unlimited downloads.
Code:E 12:34 AM - 9 May, 2014
Quote:
Virtual DJ has a conpletely legal video service embedded inside its program called Content Unlimited. You search for tracks and it searches its cloud and you can either cache the videos or can download them and load them while its downloading.

How do i know the content is legit and 100 percent legal? Because I already use it, its called vj-pro.net

I figure you guys already have a cloud full of music called white label, we should have access to that cloud inside serato dj so we can search tracks on the fly.

The files provided by vjpro are drm protected files, so you have to have an active account to use them, and they play perfectally fine inside virtual dj.

Whitelabel tracks are drm files that play perfect inside ssl and sdj (i think) so i know its possible.

Its $50 a month for virtual dj content unlimited plan. Id pay this and more to get a similar service implimented inside serato dj,

To save the files for offline use, you can choose to cache the files. Its not a replacement for your current database of songs, just an added benefit really. On the fly search of a legal content cloud with unlimited downloads.

+1
Culprit 12:56 AM - 23 May, 2014
I hate the fact that these feature request go unanswered and unseen.

www.algoriddim.com

djay 2 now works with spotify, and your existing itunes library, and plays video files all on your macbook pro.

I am looking to purchase the mixdeck quad just for this purpose and switch over to djay 2 for all my private events, unless that is Virtual DJ hooks up with Spotify, then that will be my go to.

I am still using Scratch Live for my events because I am not happy with Serato DJ currently.

Are you guys working anything out yet, with anyone? Even your own service whitelabel? I mean, how obvious does it need to be that this is request needs to happen maybe soon, because the future is now..
DJ Compiler 6:11 AM - 23 May, 2014
+1
Adrianphonic 7:57 AM - 23 May, 2014
+1
nik39 11:17 AM - 23 May, 2014
Culprit, are you sure the videos are supplied from vj-pro.net?
Culprit 12:42 AM - 24 May, 2014
Quote:
Culprit, are you sure the videos are supplied from vj-pro.net?

100% Positive, I signed up for 1 Month just to try it out. When I get home I will screen shot a generic search of files and how it loads. The file's are drm protected and usable only in vj-pro.net and play's perfectly in Virtual DJ and the Video files look great.
Culprit 12:43 AM - 24 May, 2014
sorry, correction -> only usable only in Virtual DJ. Once your subscription is up, you cannot use the files you downloaded, which is fair for the price you are paying.
nik39 1:01 AM - 24 May, 2014
So you don'T need any credits for vj pro? Just a paid membership?
Mr Wilks 2:34 PM - 24 May, 2014
I'd pay for this in a heartbeat.

A music or video/vj loop pool that can be DRM protected like whitelabel files and unlocked when the compatible Serato box/controller is plugged in.

Remotely deactivated in Serato once subscription ends . Simple.
Culprit 7:20 PM - 24 May, 2014
I am going to post a video now. No Credits all Unlimited Access and you can only use the files inside Virtual Dj
Culprit 7:41 AM - 28 May, 2014
www.mediafire.com

sorry not the best quality first time using camstudio and i couldnt get the audio to work, but it shows you a 3 minute sample of how to use it, and if you dont have a subscription, you can still try out the service it loads videos and plays for 30 seconds
nik39 3:12 PM - 28 May, 2014
Wow. This is definitely the future.
nik39 3:12 PM - 28 May, 2014
(Thanks for your video!)
B_Gameiro 11:42 AM - 5 April, 2015
And Grooveshark.com? It is also used by virtualdj (only for music)
I think is legal and you can download traços to your computar and use tem in every software, or you can't?
I think you can algo use this traços with serato...
Can someone explain me if it is possible?
I'm new in this Dj stuff...
Dj Wunder 1:41 AM - 2 July, 2015
+1

I won't say this is the future of DJ libraries, but it should be part of it!

Spotify, Apple music (Beats1), Serato Whielabel, or hell I'd even take Google Play Music