Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Right deck freezes

Product
Serato DJ Intro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SB
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
debomyla 2:36 PM - 29 April, 2014
When scratching with the right deck it freezes up for a while an than starts back playing
Bill barber 2:35 AM - 3 May, 2014
If so,,,Y would it freeze ???
Serato, Support
Mak T 11:02 PM - 4 May, 2014
Hey debomyla,

Thanks for getting in touch. When the 'freezing' occurs in the software - do you notice the software freezing up as well?

- Have you gone into the Setup screen and tried adjusting the buffer size to ensure your latency is suitable for your usage?

Cheers

Mak T
debomyla 12:53 PM - 9 May, 2014
Only d right deck everything else works i tried adjusting everything u said but it still does d same thing
debomyla 4:09 PM - 13 May, 2014
Am still having the problem dont kno wat to do any more
debomyla 3:12 PM - 16 May, 2014
I had the 14 day trial version of serato dj an d same thing was happening when am scratching on d right deck it freezes up. This happens for only d right deck everything else works fine dont know why dis is happening i also upgrade my firmware an the right deck still freezes up when am scratching
debomyla 7:24 PM - 29 May, 2014
I upgrade intro to 1.2.1 an d samething is happening dont know wat to do any more
Serato, Support
Mak T 3:29 AM - 12 June, 2014
Hey debomyla?

- Are you running any other applications at the same time whilst using Serato Intro?

- Have made sure that your WiFi & Bluetooth are also turned off as well?

- Have you tried perhaps plugging into a different USB port? Or perhaps tried using a different USB cable?

Cheers

Mak T
doug e love 6:03 PM - 24 August, 2014
I have the same problem, play button freezes on the right deck, can still play using the cue button, but obviously have to keep my finger on it, no wifi or Bluetooth on, no other applications running as I use this for my dj work only, tried different leads, different usb ports, thing is, it can be very random, can happen 10 mins or 3 hours into a set???...If I reboot my system it stops the problem, but not easy to do in the middle of a 7 hour gig?!
MicheleVarini 4:07 AM - 16 September, 2014
I have the same problem,some solution ?
doug e love 6:24 PM - 16 September, 2014
Done eveything as above, updated drivers, updated firmware and still having the same issue, yes I do notice that the software slows up, so Ive deleted half of a library I don't use, defragmented my laptop, now to see what happens, oh and I am now running Serato Dj full version paid for and installed......so lets see!?
Big Ill 3:08 PM - 12 October, 2014
I'm having the same problem, except it's the left jog wheel. Everything else works but the left play button, I can still sample from cue points. Should I upgrade the DDJ-SB?
doug e love 4:54 PM - 13 October, 2014
Updated the bios on my laptop, that kinda helped, I know its not the hardware, its the software, option Ive got now is to un install serato and then reinstall it...?
monikadream 12:05 PM - 19 November, 2014
Mine also occasionaly does this and then starts again after 30 seconds to a minute, I am slightly worried as I have my my first major gig coming up soon and I dread think this might happen on the night!
DJ Zulu 1:21 PM - 30 December, 2014
I'm having same issue with my left platter. I updated the firmware and everything but it's still freezing up after 20 minutes of play. Please advise!
DJ Zulu 1:22 PM - 30 December, 2014
I forgot to mention that I use Serato DJ
doug e love 5:56 PM - 30 December, 2014
tried this and up to now it has worked.....connect the controller to your laptop before powering it up, it seems to have worked for me, no issues since
DJ Zulu 5:58 PM - 30 December, 2014
Tried that to. Getting frustrated
Mandell 4:50 PM - 29 March, 2015
You have to make sure whatever computer or laptop you are using has the right specs.
doug e love 6:29 PM - 29 March, 2015
not so true, mine worked fine for about 2 months before it started to freeze
2:00 AM, 22 Apr 2015
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.