Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

error: failed to connect audio

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark Mixtrack Pro II
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
JCHRISFULL 7:05 PM - 27 April, 2014
I had serato dj on trial and loved it so i bought it, it was great in the beginning but i didn't connect my decks to it for a week then last Friday i tried to go on it but every time i connected my decks to serato dj and open it i get Error: Failed to connect to audio!! i don't what to do and I've only had the software for 4 weeks! i have also tried serato dj 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 and 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 but they have not worked and also my serato dj intro has the same problem I'm really annoyed about this problem as searto dj was expensive and i saved up for it as I'm a student I'd love some help as soon as possible as i was going to start DJing in may to make my money back.
Serato, Support
Rui K 1:56 AM - 29 April, 2014
Hi JCHRISFULL,

Thanks for get in touch with us.

It sounds like you may have the incorrect Windows audio setting selected.

Try following the below steps.

1. Close Serato DJ.
2. Plug in your controller directly to your computers USB port and power it on.
3. Click the Windows START button and search "SOUND".
4. Open the SOUND preference window.
5. Navigate to the PLAYBACK tab.
6. Make sure your LAPTOP/SPEAKERS are set as the DEFAULT playback device.
7. Launch Serato DJ.

Also make sure unplug all USB devices include USB hub while using Serato DJ.

PLease let me know how it go.

Kind Regards
Rui
JCHRISFULL 10:54 AM - 29 April, 2014
I have already tried this and had no luck, anything else i could try?
Serato, Support
Rui K 1:44 AM - 30 April, 2014
Try update your BIOS (serato.com) and USB host controller software. Also try connect to USB 2.0 port and see how it go.

Kind Regards
Rui
JCHRISFULL 9:06 PM - 30 April, 2014
cheers l'll do this tomorrow! as I'm doing a mountain of coursework at the moment I'll message back tomorrow if it works or not!
JCHRISFULL 1:53 PM - 1 May, 2014
okay so this didn't work either is there anything else i could try please?
Serato, Support
Rui K 2:23 AM - 2 May, 2014
Hi there,

Could you please try with different USB cables and plug in to any other USB ports?

Regards
Rui
JCHRISFULL 10:05 PM - 2 May, 2014
hey I bought a new usb cable last Sunday and tried it then but I just tried it today in my usb 3.0 port and it worked!!! I didn't get the error message but just to see if it wasn't a fluke I pulled out my new usb cable and put it back it again and it work every time but I still noticed for some reason when I unplugged the usb cable from the computer the software will still say "error: failed to connect to audio" so I don't know what's happening there and at least its working I'll message back if anything goes wrong thanks for the help!!
Serato, Support
Rui K 2:20 AM - 5 May, 2014
Great. Good to hear its working now. Let me know how it go.:)

Regards
Rui
JCHRISFULL 5:44 PM - 6 May, 2014
Hey Rui

I had to update my computer while doing this it crashed and so I had to refresh my computer after everything went back to normal I went to see if my serato still worked fine after the crash and it said buy/activate I'm in a state of panic and shock I don't know I didn't deactivate it at all I don't know what to do I really need your help as quick as possible!!!!
Serato, Support
Rui K 4:33 AM - 7 May, 2014
Hi,

Activation will remain to your previous OS and that is the reason your Serato DJ doesn't recognise your activation. I've deactivated your computer before reformat so you should be able to activate it now.

Let me know how it go.

Regards
Rui
JCHRISFULL 6:08 AM - 7 May, 2014
okay cheers!!!!!
JCHRISFULL 6:19 AM - 7 May, 2014
everything is fine now I'll keep you posted if anything else goes wrong! thanks for the help!
DJ Theophilus 12:24 AM - 15 August, 2015
If this happens to anyone else... first try to plug your controller into a different USB port.. that worked for me! :)
12:24 AM, 15 Aug 2015
DJ Theophilus attached a file: DJ record-001.jpg
View· Permalink
djrichmartinez 5:00 PM - 22 September, 2015
Im having an issue with one of my mac's and my numark mixdeck "failed to connect audio" in serato dj.

Is there anyone that can help me resolve my issue?
djbasdline 12:49 AM - 24 October, 2015
n s 6 not conecting to my laptop .error audio failure.
Rad-I-Nation 11:46 PM - 30 October, 2015
I had the same problem with my Mixtrack Pro 3 (I'm new and starting to get into the DJing stuff). I restarted my PC(Laptop) and plugged it into a power source and it work. So from what I'm gathering the PC has to have a certain % of life to power the controller.
djJohnnyDomino 9:36 PM - 21 November, 2015
Quote:
Im having an issue with one of my mac's and my numark mixdeck "failed to connect audio" in serato dj.

Is there anyone that can help me resolve my issue?

I normally have the same issue with my MacBook Pro and my Mixtrack Pro II. What I do is close Serato DJ, connect my controller, then re-open Serato DJ, and the two-deck interface appears with everything working properly.

Hope that helps in your situation.
sookoo 4:33 PM - 12 December, 2015
Im having connection problems with the update on serato dj 1.8 Im using the NS7 and when i start the program, i turn on the NS7, it says connecting ns7 hardware. A few minutes later, i get "failed to connect midi device. I have 2 gigs next week, HELP!!!
Toast47 6:01 PM - 13 December, 2015
I currently have a trial version of Serato DJ, and it worked before but now I get the "Failed to connect audio"-message.

I have a Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 and it works fine in DJ intro.

I have tried everything already posted here, but it still doesn't work.
What can I do?
djJohnnyDomino 4:11 PM - 16 December, 2015
Quote:
Im having connection problems with the update on serato dj 1.8 Im using the NS7 and when i start the program, i turn on the NS7, it says connecting ns7 hardware. A few minutes later, i get "failed to connect midi device. I have 2 gigs next week, HELP!!!

Hit up the Numark website -- you'll need to update your NS7 driver(s), and Numark has the download.
djJohnnyDomino 4:14 PM - 16 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hit up the Numark website -- you'll need to update your NS7 driver(s), and Numark has the download.

Oh, and hopefully you should now have SDJ 1.8.1, as the 1.8 bugs have been worked out in this new release!
Tripple.X 12:35 AM - 21 December, 2015
According to their site. They still haven't released updated Drivers for El Crapola.. My NS7's have been an expensive paperweight for some time now.. Lights up nice in the dark I guess..
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 9:36 PM - 23 December, 2015
Hello All,

I'd like to chime in here. The Mixtrack series controllers are class compliant and do not require a driver download. Mac OS X El Capitan does officially support our Mixtrack series controllers.

As a reminder, we do not recommend updating to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until your Numark product is listed as compatible from this article - www.numark.com

As for our older Numark products, we appreciate you being patient as Numark is currently testing out the latest El Capitan drivers for your Numark controllers. Now that all that current products are supported, NS6 support is currently our top priority. Followed closely by the NS7, 4TRAK and V7, based most importantly on the number of users out there. We're currently active in our third round of testing.

As always, as soon as the driver is ready, we will post the driver on the appropriate product pages.

Thanks!
Tripple.X 3:58 PM - 24 December, 2015
Quote:
Hello All,

I'd like to chime in here. The Mixtrack series controllers are class compliant and do not require a driver download. Mac OS X El Capitan does officially support our Mixtrack series controllers.

As a reminder, we do not recommend updating to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until your Numark product is listed as compatible from this article - www.numark.com

As for our older Numark products, we appreciate you being patient as Numark is currently testing out the latest El Capitan drivers for your Numark controllers. Now that all that current products are supported, NS6 support is currently our top priority. Followed closely by the NS7, 4TRAK and V7, based most importantly on the number of users out there. We're currently active in our third round of testing.

As always, as soon as the driver is ready, we will post the driver on the appropriate product pages.

Thanks!

I have a Gig on New Year's Eve. I think it's safe to say that I won't be using my NS7FX. ??

Or safe to say I won't be using it for awhile now.
2:00 AM, 8 Jan 2016
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.