Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DDJ-SZ Jog Wheel Hardware Issue FIXED (confirmed)

Kross-ddj 3:34 PM - 25 April, 2014
This thread is for all the happy SZ users that have received the hardware fix for the SZ and will be repeating what I say:
THE SZ IS NOW PERFECT.....
Very responsive even to the very lightest touch of a finger tip :)
I also received mine back in its original box and can confirm that every single issue I had with the jogs has now be fixed.....
Technicians Report:
Inspected unit, traced jog issue to modification required as per Pioneer factory information update. Carried out update, bringing unit to latest specification.

Firmware already to latest version 1.12

Reassembled and tested.

No real need for a video... but will upload one later today :)
soundboyz 3:39 PM - 25 April, 2014
Tell me is the serial # the same as what had before or is it a new unit they send you?
Kross-ddj 3:40 PM - 25 April, 2014
I have also been told that it wasn't faulty chips, but the factory info on the read only EPROM was wrong and needed updating which can only be done by replacing the chip.
dj-freestyle 3:40 PM - 25 April, 2014
so happy. thats aweosme.
Kross-ddj 3:40 PM - 25 April, 2014
same unit, same serial (UK)
Kross-ddj 3:41 PM - 25 April, 2014
I have just spoken to the technician and he says it was an easy job....
soundboyz 3:41 PM - 25 April, 2014
ok ok so that means all the units have to be send back to have that chip replaced
soundboyz 3:42 PM - 25 April, 2014
how soon can we see it in action a video please...
dj-freestyle 3:42 PM - 25 April, 2014
Unless your unit was a bad chip then no need.
VJ Justin Allen 3:42 PM - 25 April, 2014
Now we need to see how they fix the jog wheel flaws, meaning the ones that are not glued on perfect, or have bumps in them.
soundboyz 3:43 PM - 25 April, 2014
but who is to determine now f that bad chip unless u take it in
dj-freestyle 3:43 PM - 25 April, 2014
Im sure they just replace the jog wheels. would have to.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:08 PM - 25 April, 2014
This thread is worhtless without video proof of the fix :p

Congrats! I dont think ill get mine until next weekend
DJ Baby Raj 4:30 PM - 25 April, 2014
Good news!! Kross you started the big thread and now you end it with a happy ending lol
Dj Youkai 5:08 PM - 25 April, 2014
Awesome News! Kross-ddj.. Can't wait to see your video to seal the deal. :D
I hope I get mine today instead of tomorrow. I did got mine in 2-days rather than the estimated time Fedex posted when AMS first shipped it to me. Come On FEDex... Do Your Magic!!!!
Kross-ddj 6:27 PM - 25 April, 2014
Here you go:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Kross-ddj 6:29 PM - 25 April, 2014
could a moderator please add the link to my post at the top please :)
soundboyz 6:33 PM - 25 April, 2014
Ok
VJ Justin Allen 6:37 PM - 25 April, 2014
Great video, nice to see.

Now...how do you turn the sensitivity off :)
dj-freestyle 6:44 PM - 25 April, 2014
There you go dj x-t . video helps. :)
soundboyz 6:48 PM - 25 April, 2014
Great video now I am happy like pappi
thorissr 7:02 PM - 25 April, 2014
Quote:
Great video now I am happy like pappi

Welcome back to the SZ club Kross!!! :)
Kross-ddj 7:05 PM - 25 April, 2014
I have just noticed that they have added sensitivity adjustment knobs for each deck, there really small didn't notice them....OMG:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Youkai 7:42 PM - 25 April, 2014
AWESOME KROSS!!! Good Video! At first I was hesitant To click on the sensitivity knobs (Afraid of Getting Rick Rolled LOL) But I clicked it.. HILARIOUS!!! Yeah.. Awesome Knob!!! :D
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:25 PM - 25 April, 2014
Quote:
I have just noticed that they have added sensitivity adjustment knobs for each deck, there really small didn't notice them....OMG:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Kross-ddj aka pinky scratcher!! LoL jk
soundboyz 9:56 PM - 25 April, 2014
lol
DJ Baby Raj 10:53 PM - 25 April, 2014
HAHA OWNED!
Dj Youkai 10:55 PM - 25 April, 2014
Quote:
Great video, nice to see.

Now...how do you turn the sensitivity off :)

I think you have to dip it in milk and eat it. :D
nbdj86 12:40 AM - 26 April, 2014
DDJ-SZ Before modification:
Watchwww.youtube.com

And after:
Watchwww.youtube.com
soundboyz 12:44 AM - 26 April, 2014
wow nice man
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:28 AM - 26 April, 2014
Quote:
DDJ-SZ Before modification:
Watchwww.youtube.com

And after:
Watchwww.youtube.com

nice!

I want mine back ASAP lol!
Arrival Thursday May 1st
Melvin Gauld 3:23 AM - 26 April, 2014
Kross-ddj - thanks for posting that vid man. Been waiting for some good news on this, about time too huh. Maybe now you can get on and enjoy it and this will all melt away as nothing more than a small blip of its existence. Now I can't wait to get my mitts back on mine!
Kross-ddj 6:02 AM - 26 April, 2014
If I had to complain.... There are a few scratches on the left jog wheel that weren't there before I sent it off.... But I suppose it's just one of those things :/
soundboyz 11:37 AM - 26 April, 2014
Lickle Jon live on RED 96.7FM. The most anticipated JUMP OFF on PULL UP SATURDAY . Tune in from 6.00 -9.00AM. with @lickle967 & @StrykerRegal @red967tt
VJ Justin Allen 12:26 PM - 26 April, 2014
Quote:
Lickle Jon live on RED 96.7FM. The most anticipated JUMP OFF on PULL UP SATURDAY . Tune in from 6.00 -9.00AM. with @lickle967 & @StrykerRegal @red967tt

Dude, seriously. Because you felt the need to post this advertisement everywhere I'll not only make it a point not to listen, I'll ask the mods to delete your account.
soundboyz 2:01 PM - 26 April, 2014
Justin that is so funny
Blackdevil77 4:00 PM - 26 April, 2014
What does this mean for people looking to buy soon? Will the new unit have the problem and have to be sent back to Pioneer for the fix? How soon until stocked units have the fix?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:05 PM - 26 April, 2014
Quote:
What does this mean for people looking to buy soon? Will the new unit have the problem and have to be sent back to Pioneer for the fix? How soon until stocked units have the fix?

Wonder if Pulse can ask which batch (month) will have the good chip.

Either way, if the one you purchase is defective it is still covered for the fix.
Its up to you if you want to wait for the new batch (dont know what or when) or buy now, try it out. If it works fine great, if not, you can always send it in.
Mine is taking about 3 weeks from repair to getting it back since I live on the east coast and the repair shop is in Cali.
Davideon 4:12 PM - 26 April, 2014
Now the fix is implemented I'm looking to buy one. I live in the UK but may purchase from Germany: if the unit has dodgy jogs will I be able to send it to the UK Pioneer dept?
DJ Yaitanis 5:33 PM - 26 April, 2014
Isn't anyone using their Jog wheel sensitivity switch?
North-Rider 5:34 PM - 26 April, 2014
i just got an email from my dealer saying that pioneer estimates to start shipping the next batch of SZ's in the second half of May. He added that this units will be trouble free and will include a copy of the serato video license.
North-Rider 5:35 PM - 26 April, 2014
Quote:
i just got an email from my dealer saying that pioneer estimates to start shipping the next batch of SZ's in the second half of May. He added that this units will be trouble free and will include a copy of the serato video license.

North-Rider 5:36 PM - 26 April, 2014
Quote:

sorry took three times to answer your question properly.
Dj Youkai 5:44 PM - 26 April, 2014
Quote:
Isn't anyone using their Jog wheel sensitivity switch?

@DJ Yaitanis No.. Have you uploaded your video yet? Still waiting on you to prove us wrong. But If you didn't do it yet. Then it must not exist right?
DJ Yaitanis 5:47 PM - 26 April, 2014
There was a video didn't you guys see it yet? That blows away the chip fix they must have sent me a mid May pre production!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:53 PM - 26 April, 2014
^^ I think it's time to report the troll get him banned!

All in favor?!

+1
Dj Youkai 5:53 PM - 26 April, 2014
Quote:
There was a video didn't you guys see it yet? That blows away the chip fix they must have sent me a mid May pre production!

What Video? Seriously Dude.. You didn't even posted your video. All I know is that you really don't have it.
Dj Youkai 5:54 PM - 26 April, 2014
Quote:

All in favor?!

+1

ALL IN +1
Blackdevil77 5:58 PM - 26 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

sorry took three times to answer your question properly.

Lol, no problem. I'll wait until the beginning of June to purchase to be safe in that case.
deejdave 7:14 PM - 26 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

All in favor?!

+1

ALL IN +1

+1
damehype 8:19 PM - 26 April, 2014
If they would just fix that crossfader cut in lag. Think when i send mine in I'll have them check it out. The cut in on my SX was better than the SZ
djdk80 9:31 AM - 27 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

All in favor?!

+1

ALL IN +1

+1

+1
djmacklong 9:47 AM - 27 April, 2014
Got mine back. Works perfectly. Happy camper.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:43 AM - 27 April, 2014
Quote:
Got mine back. Works perfectly. Happy camper.

Nice!

Looking positive for Pioneer!
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:29 PM - 28 April, 2014
It seems some of you guys are having trouble getting along with one another.

Sort it out or stay away from the discussion.
Dj Youkai 9:13 PM - 4 May, 2014
Mine is Fixed Also. Just had to send it back for my cross fader issue.
Figured I'll post my Video here also. Since it will show that is now fixed.
This video also show my cross fader issue when I got back my SZ from Pioneer after they fix my Jog Wheels. Also shows later on the video on the Black Matte Skins. Putting the skins actually made the Jog Wheel Sensitivity weak. It actually feels like it's back to the same sensitivity when I first purchased my SZ. Pioneer will get my SZ back on Wed 5/07/2014 gonna see how fast they can fix my Cross Fader this time. Well enjoy video for now :)
youtu.be
djmacklong 10:06 PM - 4 May, 2014
There's another known platter/latency issue that is currently being investigated. Thought you guys might want to read this, in case you weren't aware already. serato.com
Dj Youkai 10:13 PM - 4 May, 2014
Quote:
There's another known platter/latency issue that is currently being investigated. Thought you guys might want to read this, in case you weren't aware already. serato.com

Hmm.. I hope they fix that also.. Since my SZ is it's way back for repairs again.
djmacklong 10:20 PM - 4 May, 2014
It's just really frustrating because I want this program to work for me SO badly. The more I use it, the more I enjoy it.
soundboyz 4:14 PM - 5 May, 2014
I was just inform that Pioneer is not repairing my controller DDJ-SZ. They have shipped out a brand new one for me.
Davideon 4:36 PM - 5 May, 2014
Quote:

I wouldnt describe one users experience as a known issue
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:54 PM - 5 May, 2014
Quote:
I was just inform that Pioneer is not repairing my controller DDJ-SZ. They have shipped out a brand new one for me.

They probably now have stock. Nice
djmacklong 5:46 PM - 5 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Except that this:
Quote:
For the SZ, there is a known issue with the platter latency that Serato and Pioneer have investigated. We hope to have a fix ready for everyone as soon as we can.

Cheers

Is a quote coming from Dave W, a Serato mod. It's obviously not one user's experience, but thanks for playing.
dj-freestyle 7:50 PM - 5 May, 2014
It was a small amount of the thousands sold that has issues and pionee has fixed those units or replaced them so at least they handled it.
jroc453 7:53 PM - 5 May, 2014
That would be nice if they shipped me a brand new one. I just called and they didn't say they were replacing them with new ones, So you'er pretty lucky.
dj-freestyle 7:55 PM - 5 May, 2014
I think most units just needed soemthing small maybe his needed soemthing bigger would be guess.
Dj Youkai 8:38 PM - 5 May, 2014
I wouldn't mind getting a new unit, man.. they did fixed the jog wheels the this fader issue happens. If I get a new one also, hopefully everything will be perfect, but at the same time. I kinda grew attached on my first SZ.... Can't seem to let it go that easily. So if I sound weird here. :P
soundboyz 8:53 PM - 5 May, 2014
My unit was send back on friday to have the jog wheel issue solve but today when i spoke to my supplier they said an email from pioneer and phone conversation said they will be replacing my unit with a brand new one.
dj-freestyle 9:02 PM - 5 May, 2014
did you sent to supplier not pioneer? thats why. if units went back to store then they get replaced.
deejdave 10:39 PM - 5 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Except that this:
Quote:
For the SZ, there is a known issue with the platter latency that Serato and Pioneer have investigated. We hope to have a fix ready for everyone as soon as we can.

Cheers

Is a quote coming from Dave W, a Serato mod. It's obviously not one user's experience, but thanks for playing.

I think Dave W was referring to the issue that is being discussed here and not at all what you are describing in your thread. As far as your issue being known it seems he does not even know what is being described to him as of yet let alone claiming it to be known.

Hopefully after you upload the video he/we will have somewhat of an idea what you are experiencing. I CAN say I have not been able to duplicate this issue with any of my SDJ devices so good news there. I can also say that I personally have not seen anyone else having this issue so as far as I know it is one user having this issue/s. At least we can assume this is not a widespread issue and may in fact be as local as it gets. I am eager to see the video though as I would like to see what to look for when attempting to duplicate this.

Best news is one of my MacBooks is the exact same one as yours (assuming yours is turboboost 3.7 GHZ and not 3.4 as you wrote) as well as all the hardware I could need to successfully test this.
djmacklong 10:44 PM - 5 May, 2014
Yeah that thread has expanded since I first posted my comment about all this yesterday, but this particular comment:
Quote:
came from him, so clearly there was a platter latency issue before I started speaking with him. I'm gonna get the video done and uploaded tomorrow.
deejdave 11:15 PM - 5 May, 2014
As far as I know the topic on this thread is the issue he is speaking of though. Unless you know of a different one I don't think there is one................................ I sure as hell hope not LOL. Sometimes less is more!! We've already endured enough. THIS is the exact reason I have waited (actually still waiting) to return my unit to Pioneer. I wan to be sure all issues have been discovered, researched & resolved before I send my unit to ultimately be fixed.
djmacklong 11:59 PM - 5 May, 2014
You're right...this thread started about a different issue. I just thought it would be a good place to be like "oh hey by the way, in case you guys weren't aware of it..." since this one is getting more action than the other one now. Didn't intend to thread jack altogether.
deejdave 12:12 AM - 6 May, 2014
Nah it's all good. Just more or less making sure we are on the same page. Better to be safe then sorry anyways. These things aren't cheap and any issue should be treated with utmost importance. Anyways looking forward to the video tomorrow.
djmacklong 12:14 AM - 6 May, 2014
I'm not gonna be able to do it on a 61 because it's at my saturday residency...curious to see if there's any difference on my 62. I'll definitely be testing out turntables with my SZ though.
deejdave 12:17 AM - 6 May, 2014
Absolutely. If it isn't the same it may be a hardware/software combination issue instead of just one or the other. I guess we shall see. Once I see what I am ultimately looking for I will add in to see if I can in fact get any of the same results.
DjCity 1:09 AM - 6 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

You may not describe one users experience as a known issue but i'm damn happy that Serato and Pioneer see it as a known issue and are working on a fix.
djmacklong 1:16 AM - 6 May, 2014
<clicks like button>
deejdave 1:50 AM - 6 May, 2014
So Serato & Pioneer have confirmed the issue being discussed in djmacklong's thread? I only know of them confirming the platter issue as he stated in his thread when he said

"For the SZ, there is a known issue with the platter latency that Serato and Pioneer have investigated. We hope to have a fix ready for everyone as soon as we can."

But after reading djmacklong's thread we know that what he is discussing is different correct?

As far as I can tell (after reading what was in front of me) they do not yet even know what is being said to them.................. am I getting this correct? I thought we just went over this LOL.
djmacklong 3:43 AM - 6 May, 2014
Lol, I know...it's all so confusing. Hopefully my video will be able to help make my issue clearer, and go from there...
Dj Youkai 3:54 AM - 6 May, 2014
Quote:
Lol, I know...it's all so confusing. Hopefully my video will be able to help make my issue clearer, and go from there...

Man.. I hope I'm not gonna this issue too.. whatever it is :/ , I'm already kinda bummed out I had to send it twice for repair :(
Davideon 8:50 PM - 6 May, 2014
Quote:
So Serato & Pioneer have confirmed the issue being discussed in djmacklong's thread? I only know of them confirming the platter issue as he stated in his thread when he said

"For the SZ, there is a known issue with the platter latency that Serato and Pioneer have investigated. We hope to have a fix ready for everyone as soon as we can."

But after reading djmacklong's thread we know that what he is discussing is different correct?

As far as I can tell (after reading what was in front of me) they do not yet even know what is being said to them.................. am I getting this correct? I thought we just went over this LOL.

I read it exactly the same as you Dave. Absolutely no acknowledgement from Serato of an issue other than the jog issue we all know and love
soundboyz 9:01 PM - 6 May, 2014
I think Pioneer need to make an official statement about these units cause as the way things are going people confident in the DDJ-SZ is at a low. Pioneer need to come out and say weather there is a serious issue and stop the sale of the DDJ-SZ until they solve the batch that they have already sold.
deejdave 9:17 PM - 6 May, 2014
Again they already did. They made an official statement to the public on their site. And they mad an official "recall" (or cease sale at the very least) to the retailers. forums.pioneerdj.com this was mentioned numerous times here on the forums but just out of curiosity did you think maybe it was a good idea to head to Pioneer to see what Pioneer had to say about this Pioneer product? It happens to be at the very top of their announcement board. forums.pioneerdj.com
damehype 9:33 PM - 6 May, 2014
Lol
djmacklong 9:44 PM - 6 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I read it exactly the same as you Dave. Absolutely no acknowledgement from Serato of an issue other than the jog issue we all know and love

I'm pretty sure the issue that we've all been dealing with for two months now was platter sensitivity (or lack thereof), not platter *latency*. Those are two wildly different things in my mind, and just the simple fact that you haven't experienced it doesn't mean there's not a known issue, as Dave W already said there is.
djmacklong 9:45 PM - 6 May, 2014
I know that DameHype above me here is having the exact same problem that I'm having, and my video is uploading now so hopefully you'll understand what I'm saying shortly.
djmacklong 9:59 PM - 6 May, 2014
www.youtube.com

*note: I meant to say "62" at the 19 second mark.
DjCity 10:02 PM - 6 May, 2014
I truly hope I don't have that problem when my SZ gets back to me.
It's fixed but I'm waiting for it to ship back to me. Pioneer said my unit is in the shipping dept. And will be out to me within a day or two. It's been fixed for a few days now.

As far as the other issue, I would suggest to anyone that does not understand to read the thread again and to pay attention to what Dave W said when he "breaks it down"

It's quite clear that he is acknowledging the issue macklong is talking about.
djmacklong 10:04 PM - 6 May, 2014
THANK YOU. Cheeeeeerist.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:04 PM - 6 May, 2014
Quote:
www.youtube.com

link fail
djmacklong 10:05 PM - 6 May, 2014
Anyone who's ever tried to cut on a DJM 500 (before fader curve was implemented) knows what I'm talking about.
DjCity 10:05 PM - 6 May, 2014
Quote:
www.youtube.com

Either that is the wrong link or something is wrong with the video because that link brings you to YouTube but not to your video.
djmacklong 10:06 PM - 6 May, 2014
djmacklong 10:07 PM - 6 May, 2014
Quote:

Either that is the wrong link or something is wrong with the video because that link brings you to YouTube but not to your video.

Yeah I screwed up and copy/pasted that initial text from my help thread, rather that quoting it so the full link didn't post. The one above is correct.
djmacklong 11:21 PM - 6 May, 2014
In case you guys didn't see it in the other thread:
Quote:
Quote:
Gotta ya, now that is very obviously the jog wheel latency issue we have been working on with Pioneer. Not an issue with the crossfader in this case.

I'm going to work with one of our in house staff on the Rane Sixty-One and see if we can notice a difference. If you could possibly also make a video for that to if there is an issue still.

Other than that we are on the same page. The DDJ-SZ issue you are expecting is related to a known issue described in my first post.

Regards
Dave W

Just for clarity's sake...this is a known issue by both Pioneer and Serato that is *separate* from the widespread platter sensitivity issue (which I already had repaired, lol), correct?

I'm talking about this with some guys in another thread and they don't seem to understand that you've acknowledged separate known issue with the platter latency, vs. the platter sensitivity.

Thank you, and I'm glad to hear this is being worked on.

He hasn't responded yet, but I think it's pretty clear what his answer will be.
deejdave 12:10 AM - 7 May, 2014
So this is a separate issue he has confirmed but he is saying this is not a new issue.................... it sounds pretty new to me. Macklong was correct from the start. Thanks for the heads up. I however have had no luck as of yet in duplicating this issue on my end.

@ Macklong can you provide your current settings (buffer etc.) so maybe I can get this duplicated. And also to confirm your MAcBook is 2.7 i7 but you said 2.4 turbo. Did you mean 2.7? I'm not nitpicking but more or less confirming that one of my MBP's is in fact identical to yours so we have similar testing environments......................
deejdave 12:12 AM - 7 May, 2014
Also I think you addressed whit but is it from the getgo (the second you power up) or does it happen in time? Also Is this STRICLTY when you have your TT's connected & in DVS mode or an always thing?
djmacklong 12:45 AM - 7 May, 2014
Here's the confirmation response:

Quote:
Hey djmacklong,

Simply put we are working on software related latency tightening for the DDJ-SZ currently this is separate from the hardware jog wheel sensitivity issue you had djmacklong. There was some faulty units which needed replacement/repair which i'm assuming yours was one of this group. This is not a new issue, it is something we have been aware of for a while and we are currently working on resolving. We hope to have a fix for this in a future release for you guys.

Regards
Dave W

I'm running a 2013 MBP Retina with 16gb ram, 512 SSD, and 2.7ghz i7 (turbo to 3.7ghz).

My latency is set to 1ms and I have zero dropout issues on my SZ.
djmacklong 12:47 AM - 7 May, 2014
Also, this is a constant issue from power up to power down at the end of a 5 hour set, only with the jog wheels, with or without turntables connected.
deejdave 1:03 AM - 7 May, 2014
DAMN!!! That is not good indeed. Yeah i would not be a happy camper. What if you do the same actions without moving the xFader?
djmacklong 1:30 AM - 7 May, 2014
There seems to be a VERY slight delay in audio response at a slower rate, but I think that's just the nature of digital jogs. It definitely seems to increase at faster speeds though. I'm starting to wonder if I should be calling into pioneer to inquire about repair/replacement as this is now issue #2. It doesn't inhibit me from working, but it does inhibit the way I play when I use it. Not something I'm willing to settle on with the price tag of it.
deejdave 1:41 AM - 7 May, 2014
I would ABSOLUTELY look into this and get it documented asap. my SZ is noticeably not as responsive as my SX with my 2000s being even tighter. That being said this is definitely not normal behavior. I have even been able to get a tighter feel from the SX than my TT's.................. with DVS that is as obviously TT's straight up can't be beat.

You are spot on with not being willing to settle. I have made previous comments about the SZ not being premium CDJs w DJM setup so I don't expect as much out of it..................... this has NOTHING to do with this concept as this is a feature that should not be considered luxury but more of a requirement for any sort of professional gear.
damehype 4:09 AM - 7 May, 2014
Exactly what I said about being able to cut tighter on the SX as opposed to the SZ
Davideon 4:47 AM - 7 May, 2014
Quote:
Here's the confirmation response:

Quote:
Hey djmacklong,

Simply put we are working on software related latency tightening for the DDJ-SZ currently this is separate from the hardware jog wheel sensitivity issue you had djmacklong. There was some faulty units which needed replacement/repair which i'm assuming yours was one of this group. This is not a new issue, it is something we have been aware of for a while and we are currently working on resolving. We hope to have a fix for this in a future release for you guys.

Regards
Dave W[/quote

I'm running a 2013 MBP Retina with 16gb ram, 512 SSD, and 2.7ghz i7 (turbo to 3.7ghz).

My latency is set to 1ms and I have zero dropout issues on my SZ.

My bad. Shame there is yet another issue - was going to buy one tomorrow
jroc453 11:43 AM - 7 May, 2014
Quote:
I know that DameHype above me here is having the exact same problem that I'm having, and my video is uploading now so hopefully you'll understand what I'm saying shortly.

I have the issue as well. I shipped my SZ yesterday. I told them something was not right with my fader. I need to call them while they have my unit. How do I describe this to them so they can hopefully fix it while they are fixing the jogs?
soundboyz 1:06 PM - 7 May, 2014
again is Pioneer making a mistake by not going public about these issues instead of keeping it close circle to Authorised Stores. Cause at the end of the day is the end User who is paying not the stores,
DjCity 1:08 PM - 7 May, 2014
But is it a Pioneer issue or a Serato issue or a combo of both?

Hmmmmm
soundboyz 1:11 PM - 7 May, 2014
that is still left to be seen, and i see it make no sense that people spend almost $2000USD for a unit and having so many issues
jroc453 1:14 PM - 7 May, 2014
Quote:
But is it a Pioneer issue or a Serato issue or a combo of both?

Hmmmmm

It sounds like it would be a software issue. I noticed this crossfader lag only with the DDJ SZ though. I have never used my 62 with SDJ. So I don't know if I would find a lag with that combo. But I never had a lag with my SX. And I only used SDJ with my SX & SZ. So it sounds like a combo to me.
jroc453 1:17 PM - 7 May, 2014
Now I'm thinking of selling my SZ and cancel my order for my SZ case and buy (2) CDJ 900 nexus and a case for the CDJ's and my 62....
djmacklong 1:21 PM - 7 May, 2014
SDJ on my 62 is flawless at 1ms (latency) and 5ms (device buffer) jroc453. Not sure what the specs on your computer are, but I'm having zero problems.

I'm not gonna sell my SZ. It will work exactly as it should at some point very soon. Even with this slight flaw, I prefer this over my 1200/62 setup for weddings and such.
jroc453 1:42 PM - 7 May, 2014
Quote:
SDJ on my 62 is flawless at 1ms (latency) and 5ms (device buffer) jroc453. Not sure what the specs on your computer are, but I'm having zero problems.

I'm not gonna sell my SZ. It will work exactly as it should at some point very soon. Even with this slight flaw, I prefer this over my 1200/62 setup for weddings and such.

I really want the SZ to work. I use controllers for weddings and smaller events and this is what I have been waiting for. I sent Pioneer an email along with your youtube video and hopefully they can fix this. Is your SZ still being repaired at Pioneer?
djmacklong 1:48 PM - 7 May, 2014
No I have it here...it's already been into and back from repair once already for the platter sensitivity issue. Now this jog latency issue has popped up. I wish I had known about it so I could test for it and have it repaired while it was in service. I imagine it was probably already there before I sent it in, but I just didn't know.
jroc453 1:57 PM - 7 May, 2014
Damn... that sucks. You could always send it back though. I'm sure I will if I have to to get this working right. The first time I used it I was cutting and was like Damn... I'm off my game today lol. But It was the lag that you have. I just didn't see anyone post anything about it and thought I just have to get used to them but I just could't get my cuts down with it. Frustrating
djmacklong 2:04 PM - 7 May, 2014
I'm thinking it's probably a good idea to start a whole new thread on this issue since more of us are starting to report it and this particular thread is about a whole separate issue that's been fixed...
jroc453 2:05 PM - 7 May, 2014
I agree
jroc453 2:05 PM - 7 May, 2014
Now back to the topic.....
djmacklong 2:15 PM - 7 May, 2014
VJ Justin Allen 11:50 PM - 7 May, 2014
All of a sudden my unit is not showing up at all in the Pioneer Repair site. It's been "completed" since last Friday and I have been checking for a mailing date...but so far nothing. This morning the unit was in the system, tonight...it cannot find it at all.
owenbizzle 12:41 AM - 8 May, 2014
Got mine back from Pioneer UK yesterday, works perfectly!!
djmacklong 1:07 AM - 8 May, 2014
check your platters/crossfader for latency.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:58 AM - 14 May, 2014
SZ still working after the repair, two weeks.

Tested by my son :)
instagram.com
DjCity 3:10 AM - 14 May, 2014
I got mine back today but have not tested it yet.
I got the same one back, not a brand new one.

What's curious is that I got a DDJ-SZ box with the correct serial number even though I did not send the original box back to Pioneer.

I have two boxes for the sz now. Both with the correct serial number.

I will test out the sz tomorrow.
djbenouf 5:20 PM - 14 May, 2014
where the hardware fix for the SZ

because serato dj for me :message erreur

serato dj a cessé de fonctionner
djbenouf 5:22 PM - 14 May, 2014
Serato DJ has stopped working error message????????
djmacklong 5:45 PM - 14 May, 2014
Huh?
djbenouf 5:46 PM - 14 May, 2014
hello! here I have a problem with the new update 1.6.2 serato dj,,,
error message: Serato has stopped working
with the old update it walked well
I also have a hp pavilion dv7 AMD in this posing problem, you pouver dir serato has to settle this problem because I have to do with my evening ddj-sz
thank you to you serato
djmacklong 5:47 PM - 14 May, 2014
The easiest solution is to buy a Mac.
deejdave 5:57 PM - 14 May, 2014
Ha Love It!!

@ djbenouf As Serato states VERY clearly in the minimum specs section Serato does not support AMD processors so in short you are screwed. If it did work with the old update (I am only guessing that is what you said as your post is not legible) then maybe go back to that update and stick with that. Remember Serato will not be troubleshooting this as the do not intend on supporting AMD in the future either.
Dj Youkai 6:27 PM - 14 May, 2014
Quote:
hello! here I have a problem with the new update 1.6.2 serato dj,,,
error message: Serato has stopped working
with the old update it walked well
I also have a hp pavilion dv7 AMD in this posing problem, you pouver dir serato has to settle this problem because I have to do with my evening ddj-sz
thank you to you serato

hmmmm.. Are you running Windows 7 or 8-8.1?
djbenouf 6:31 PM - 14 May, 2014
jai w7 avec amd , mais avec l ancienne version cela marchais et la sa deconne

ya plus ka se mettre au mac = serato // traktor= windows
jroc453 6:40 PM - 14 May, 2014
Wrong discussion....
jroc453 6:43 PM - 14 May, 2014
I would start a new help request
soundboyz 2:38 PM - 6 June, 2014
today i am happy i got my DDJ-SZ back this morning i had to pay $150USD shipping from Miami to Trinidad and then $130USD to clear it at custom wow i spend alot of money on this damm unit. Thank god it is over and it is working great now..
irieproductions 4:45 PM - 7 June, 2014
I hope pioneer starts selling all those returned DDJ SZs as refurbished units after fixing them.
deejdave 5:13 PM - 7 June, 2014
That's a very interesting one. This would also have to be monitored so there was a guarantee it was being carried out as such on a retail level. It just seems to tempting for a small store to simply sell as new when they know they will have ALL the properties of a new unit and packed as such. Then again I don't know the policies of a refurb but these may not even be considered a refurb. When Units are sold they come with a given firmware. When a new firmware is released the firmware of the units at the retail levels get the firmware update by opening the package and servicing them. They don't become refurbs after that. I mean I get that this is a more drastic form of servicing but I am just thinking ahead of what may be stated on the reurb policy....................
deejdave 5:17 PM - 7 June, 2014
After all you are asking a company to sell units at a discounted price when it in fact cost them MORE money (not less) in the end than the originally planned. Better yet they 100% know how high the demand for these said units are...................................

I think it's gonna be a little messy for a little bit.
djmacklong 6:28 PM - 7 June, 2014
If the unit was returned to Pioneer for service by the retailer in unopened, unused condition, then it is not refurbished. It's still brand new (and with less headache attached to it for the consumer, ideally).
deejdave 6:42 PM - 7 June, 2014
Quote:
If the unit was returned to Pioneer for service by the retailer in unopened, unused condition, then it is not refurbished. It's still brand new (and with less headache attached to it for the consumer, ideally).

Makes sense.
DJ Baby Raj 12:14 AM - 20 June, 2014
Question anyone with a updated unit what is your default MIDI message sending interval in the the utility settings? Mine out the box was 1ms however in the manual it said 4ms is default... Is this something they updated in the fixed units?

Thanks