Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Enabling Saved Loops

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ Stoyvo 11:03 PM - 4 April, 2014
Hey All,

Loops have the same amount of save slots as cue points, so how come we can't access loops the same way? We have this terrible Slot Up and Slot Down thing. I think this needs to be reviewed... The biggest complaint is accessing saved loops...

Also, the loop selector knob, how come it doesn't effect software until after you enable a loop? Sometimes its stuck on 1/2 beat but I really want an 16 beat loop. I have to click on the 16, I can't select it from the knob :(

Help?
Serato, Support
Matt P 6:42 PM - 13 April, 2014
Hi DJ Stoyvo,

There is actually a thread in the feature requests forum that is suggesting a similar thing you are. serato.com

Quote:
Also, the loop selector knob, how come it doesn't effect software until after you enable a loop? Sometimes its stuck on 1/2 beat but I really want an 16 beat loop. I have to click on the 16, I can't select it from the knob :(

This is on the Pioneer DDJ-S1 correct? This is the way its been mapped. If you would like to see this changed the feature request are would be the best place to post this. I'm happy to move that there if you would like?

Matt P
DJ Stoyvo 3:48 AM - 14 April, 2014
Hey Matt, Thanks for the reply!

It happens this way on the Rane 64 as well. I was told it was a bug before, however it was never resolved :( It seems to carry over to midi devices as well
Serato, Support
Mak T 2:27 AM - 21 May, 2014
Hey DJ Stoyvo,

This was a bug, and has since been fixed, so please try downloading and installing the latest version of Serato DJ.

Cheers

Mak T
DJ Stoyvo 5:56 PM - 21 May, 2014
Thanks! I'll give a shot in 1.6.3 and report back :)