Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

stored loops allocated to pads request

Gilbz 10:10 AM - 2 December, 2012
I'm posting this for Jake Giossi who has requested this feature on the Pio forum. I feel it's a needed feature

This is such a simple request, I'm actually surprised that it wasn't included. My request is that I be able to save/store loops using the performance pads of the DDJ-SX. I don't see a secondary function of the Hot Cue section, so perhaps a simple double-click of the Hot Cue button could allow the user to access the 8 loop banks for each deck in Serato DJ.

I envision the workflow as something along the lines of you set your loop(s) with the looping controls, then double-press the Hot Cue button to access the loop banks. Press whichever pad you wish to store the loop to (each pad represents one slot of the loop bank for each respective deck--pad 1 for Slot 1, etc.) and it's stored. Pressing Shift + the pad would delete the loop.

Easy-peasy, fixable with a simple firmware update!

Please, Pioneer? This would be SUPER-AWESOME and would make your already stellar DDJ-SX controller even better!
DJSK1978 6:48 PM - 11 December, 2012
+1 YES Please!!! This is another feature that should be standardized. It would make live performance and live remixing a lot better if you had quantized hot cues that could fire loops.
kabadesu 11:15 AM - 20 December, 2012
Yes! Right now, on the ddj-sx, you can cycle through the stored loops by hold shift and pressing some button, but it only cycles forward. Furthermore you can only see a maximum of 4 of the saved loops on the screen. If you go past the 4th saved loop you're totally blind as to what it is (and if there's a loop there at all).

I'd love to have either have the stored loops as a secondary function of Hot Cues... or choose to replace the slicer with stored loops (but that's probably not a popular request - I just don't have much use for making Aphex Twin tracks).
readydestroy 12:38 AM - 13 January, 2013
+1 YES! Total agree with @DJSK1978
alpfrance 1:29 PM - 7 April, 2013
+1 YES! definitely waiting for this!!!!!
Any news about an update for this feature??
Mr Wilks 4:55 PM - 7 April, 2013
This sounds like the Twitch way of doing it in Itch.

+1 If it's already done!
DJ Boom Bap 4:49 AM - 8 April, 2013
+1
phlowless 5:16 PM - 12 September, 2013
+1 request loop triggering from pads.
Draven1327 7:14 PM - 21 May, 2014
bump +1
rolymaz 1:01 PM - 23 May, 2014
this has been requested so many times...

serato.com

serato.com

serato.com
DJSK1978 8:30 PM - 8 August, 2014
Bump :)
Klay Pigeon 10:41 PM - 17 November, 2014
I am waiting for this before I buy one..
Serato, Support
Matt P 8:46 PM - 19 November, 2014
hey guys,

You know there is the access to stored loops on the DDJ-SX by pressing SHIFT and ROLL right?
Press SHIFT and the PAD that has a saved loop and you get a RELOOP or CUE trigger of that LOOP.

Introduced in 1.7.1 due to the popular demand of this feature.

Matt P
DJ Frank Stallone 2:18 AM - 8 March, 2017
Matt, has there been any improvement on this? I have the SZ and if you wanna trigger a saved loop on one deck and play on the other deck, it doesn't work due to the weird behavior of SHIFT+PLAY...even if the shift press is on the opposite deck...can we PLEASE fix this behavior?