Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

My Serato DJ License no longer works.

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark Mixtrack Pro II
Computer
PC
OS
Windows 8.1
Platform
-
Alberto Marin 8:43 AM - 3 April, 2014
Daer Sirs, I bought the last year (26 february 2013) with order # 100009962 one license for Serato DJ, like my old laptop is broken so i bought a new one and now is impossible to activate my Serato License, please help me with this, thanks in advance.
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:17 AM - 7 April, 2014
Hi there Alberto,

I have checked your account, and you do have a Serato DJ licence on your account still. You will need to sign in to the Serato DJ software (through the MY SERATO panel) with the correct email address and password.

Are you receiving any error messages when you try to log in?

Regards
Alberto Marin 3:24 AM - 7 April, 2014
Thanks a lot for your response, I sign in to the Serato DJ Software with my account through BUY/ACTIVATE option but don´t appear the option to activate my license in this computer, just appear an option to enter a Serial Number.
Serato, Support
Scott S 4:16 AM - 7 April, 2014
Do you mind taking a screenshot of this screen (BUY/ACTIVATE) and attach it to this thread? I would like to see what you are seeing in your MY SERATO panel.

Click the "Attach A File" button below to attach a screenshot.

Regards
Alberto Marin 5:57 AM - 7 April, 2014
Ok, first i need to do something: right now i´m using Serato DJ in Trial mode with another account (I had a party so i did create another account mean while) and i don´t know how to change to the account that has the Serato DJ license, could you help me with this first please ? I try but the software show me that i´m using another account, i logout and try log in again but the software show me again the same.
6:02 AM, 7 Apr 2014
Alberto Marin attached a file: Serato1.jpg
View· Permalink
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:44 PM - 7 April, 2014
You need to sign out of what ever account you created at the party, and sign in with this account you are using to post.

The email address used can be found on your settings page > serato.com

You will need to use this one to sign in. As it has your Serato DJ license registered.

Regards
Alberto Marin 3:49 AM - 8 April, 2014
I did it but is impossible to log in, when I try to do that the software show me the screenshot that I attached.
3:49 AM, 8 Apr 2014
Alberto Marin attached a file: Serato2.jpg
View· Permalink
3:50 AM, 8 Apr 2014
Alberto Marin attached a file: Serato3.jpg
View· Permalink
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:53 AM - 8 April, 2014
I have deactivated your current active computers from your license, however I need you to follow these steps:

I would like you to try removing your Serato DJ license file. This will refresh your Serato DJ license and help with any activation issues. First of all, can you close all Serato applications, then please navigate to: C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Serato\Licences - and delete the “dj.lic" file located in that folder.

Please note: The AppData folder is usually hidden on Windows by default. To show hidden files, open any folder and in the folder menu click Organise > Folder and Search Options > View > Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives. You can also change Hidden folder options in: Control Panel > Appearance & Personalisation > Folder Options. In the General Tab check: "Show all folders", in the View Tab check: "Show hidden folders”. With hidden files and folders turned on, the AppData folder will now be accessible in your User Account folder and you can delete your licence file through the file path listed above.

After the file is deleted, please do a full reinstall of Serato DJ with your hardware connected. The latest version of Serato DJ can be downloaded here > serato.com

Let me know how you get on,
Regards
Alberto Marin 3:55 AM - 8 April, 2014
What I need to do to solve this ? uninstall Serato DJ and install again ? and later try to log in with the account that has the license ?
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:55 AM - 8 April, 2014
Please follow the steps I posted above.
Alberto Marin 3:56 AM - 8 April, 2014
Ok, I´ll try.
4:12 AM, 8 Apr 2014
Alberto Marin attached a file: Serato5.jpg
View· Permalink
Alberto Marin 4:16 AM - 8 April, 2014
Thanks a lot Mr. Scott, I had lost hope, have you good evening.