Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Numark NS7 Mk2 Scratch distortion

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS7 II
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Maxstell 9:39 PM - 2 April, 2014
Hi there,

since 14 Days i tested the Numark NS7 MK2. Heavy but very good for Scratch for a Controller-User.

But i hear distortion when i scratch on any Songs is have. No matter 320 or 128. - Also the USB Dropout lights up with 1-10 Sec in the USB Buffer and the Master. Gain is on 1/4. 9 O'clock.

Reanalyzed the Libary for the Auto-Gain - the same Bug.

With Version 1.5 no Erros at all. USB Buffer to 1 Sec without any Errors.

This seem that Version 1.6 an newer got a several Bugs in!

What can i do? Otherwise i will send the MK2 back ... :(

Thanks, Max

9:40 PM, 2 Apr 2014
Maxstell attached a file: NS72 Err.wav
Download· Permalink
Maxstell 10:05 PM - 2 April, 2014
i added a Test-Sound. In the First "Scratch-Sound" you hear a scratch without the Players on. On the second "Scratch-Sound" you hear the scratch (with crackles) with the Players on.
Serato, Support
David Wood 3:18 AM - 8 April, 2014
Hey Maxstell,

Thanks for getting in touch. What do you have the USB Buffer set to? Can you please try moving it up to the right? Retest and let me know how you go.

Regards
Dave W
Maxstell 8:12 AM - 8 April, 2014
Hey Dave,

the Buffer is set to 20ms, there are no more options to get more to the right. Do you mean this Error is a Dropout when i am scratch?!

BTW: In 1.5 i can set the Buffer to 1 ms without any Error when i scratch - this is a DJ 1.6 Error in my eyes.

Thanx for Help, Max
Maxstell 9:03 PM - 8 April, 2014
Update:

This "Spikes" comes only when the Limiter runs red or trun yellow and red.
Serato, Support
David Wood 4:20 AM - 9 April, 2014
In that case i'd set the buffer back to 5ms and turn down the Trims on the controller and turn up the master output on the controller to stop the spikes :)

Regards
Dave W
Maxstell 7:21 AM - 9 April, 2014
Hey Dave, this was also my idea, but when i trim the Levels to 9 or 8 the spikes comes also. You can see that the Level LED ist at a low level (1 led is red) - then comes the spikes and the level goes to all red LED and one white LED.

All the tested things:

- Turn Auto Gain on and off
- Reanalyzed the Library with Auto Gain (and without)
- Turn the Master down
- Turn the Levels down
- Set the Buffer form 1 ms to 20 ms
- reinstalled the Driver 2.2.6 from Numark

.. and no one of the Point helps :-( it`s frustrating ...

But what i can say :

- It all runs good at Serato DJ 1.5 , no Erros, no Spikes with the same Trim of the Levels and so on
- When the Motor is not turn on, there are no Erros at all with Serato DJ 1.6.1
- When the Motor is on, the spikes and Errors comes at Scratch ...

Am i alone with this Error, is there no one with a Numark NS7 Mk2??!?

Can you ask Numark for this issue?

Thanks Max
Maxstell 7:57 PM - 9 April, 2014
Update:

Finally got the Error. I think about what is different from 1.5 to 1.6 -> i bought Pitch n Time. When i disable Pitch n Time the Spikes/Peaks gone. Set the Buffer to 2 ms no Dropouts.

Pitch n Time enable at 2 ms, Dropouts every sec., set to 10 ms okay but spikes comes back.

I think this is a major Bug in Pitch n Time with Numark NS7 MK2. Hm Dave W, can someone at Serato HQ test the same with Serato 1.6.1/1.6 , Pitch n Time enable and Scratch for a while?

Thanks Max
Serato, Support
David Wood 10:47 PM - 10 April, 2014
We have been testing and we have become aware of this spiking issue with Pitch n Time DJ. We have log a bug with the development team and we hope to see a fix for this in a future release.

I'd say as a good work around for now, only use the PnT DJ expansion pack when you really need to, mostly I wouldn't use it when scratching in this case.

Regards
Dave W
10:09 PM, 10 Jun 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
Maxstell 11:53 AM - 7 August, 2014
Hey Dave W, what is about the Pitch n Time Problem?
Bought PitchnTime and can't use... Can i have back the money?

Thanks Max
djkice 7:28 PM - 8 August, 2014
I have same problem with PnT, infact even when I try to do tone play with cue points etc, get pops/clicks until turn off PnT. Effects also have issues with PnT.
DJ Padida 10:32 PM - 8 August, 2014
I've been testing the NS7 MK1 with sdj 1.7 beta and on one occasion there was a loud pop when i scratch on a beat with the limiter red hot. Gains were set at 10 o'clock. Only a few occasions it happens but not too loud when PNT is off.
Serato, Support
David Wood 9:51 PM - 11 August, 2014
I'd suggest trying out the new Serato DJ 1.7 Public Beta build as there has been many bug fixes. You can download it here: serato.com

If you are still experiencing issue with the PNT DJ expansion pack i'd suggest posting in that area so the Product Team can hopefully feedback. If the bug is not fixed that is the place to in form them :)

Regards
Maxstell 6:22 AM - 12 August, 2014
Hey Dave W, got the same idea: "Hopefully the 1.7 Beta runs fine with PnT", but no, the same issue as always.

I'll post to the PnT Area with this Topic, than they can see how long the issue is alive .. :(

Max
Maxstell 6:27 AM - 12 August, 2014
..emmm where should i post? PnT Studio Plugin or Serato DJ General Forum?

Thanks
Serato, Support
David Wood 4:06 AM - 13 August, 2014
Serato DJ Public BETA 1.7 area.
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 7:00 PM - 8 September, 2014
Hi Serato , Look I have a big problem with serato 1.7 and my macbook pro core i7 16gb ram and my Numark NS7 II....
1.-The lights of pads when i choose cue or loop roll other funtions some color pads are bad turns on or dont turns of ...Example hotcue are red when i change to loop roll the leds are blue OK but some pads dont turn the color still red..... mmm bad one serato 1.6.3 have same problem but less and 1.7 problem increase more.

2.- The most BIG problems are last night i was mixing video 2 hours and firts my macbook freeze and dont let me do nothing i have to turn off by button on-off ..... then restart and i was mixing video and Serato DJ 1.7 close when i was mixing NOOOOOOOOOO this happend 3 time ... and i deside to uninstall serato 1.7 and install serato 1.6.3 and all works Great all night .....

Please help with this problems please...
aol007 4:17 PM - 3 October, 2014
Tell you a good website to buy Christmas presents, you'll like it

www.aliexpress.com