Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Lights on controller freezes.

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Kenneth Christensen 2:14 PM - 30 March, 2014
Since upgrading to 1.6.1 i have had some troubles with my DDJ-S1. I connect the device and it connects fine. Looks like its working, but then after some time under 1 minut all the lights on the controller freezes. I can put on a song on deck 1 for example, it looks fine the light on the jog wheel spins, but after a few seconds it will freeze to a position. All the other lights will then also be frozen, they will stay on or off no matter if i press them. all the functions is still working i can use the controller fine but i have no indication if the slip function is on, if the fx function is on and so on. I tried running a system restore on my windows back to my old version 1.5.x and then it works just fine. tried updating to 1.6.1 again to see if it worked with er reinstall, but still the same problem. Will make another system restore and hope there will be a fix for this problem.
Serato, Support
Rui K 9:13 PM - 2 April, 2014
Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for get in touch with us. Have you installed latest firmware to your DDJ-S1? Sounds like it is firmware issue.

[Firmware]
pioneerdj.com

[MUST READ]
pioneerdj.com

Please let me know how it go. Otherwise I will test it out and log as a bug to be fix.

Kind Regards
Rui
Kenneth Christensen 8:52 PM - 4 April, 2014
Checked DDJ Version display utility, It is 1.10 on my DDJ-S1, though i have a correction my old serato version was actually 1.3.0
Serato, Support
Rui K 1:34 AM - 7 April, 2014
Thanks for your reply. Try these following and see if that makes any improvement.

- Update USB host controller (you can download driver from computer manufacture)
- Update BIOS (you can download driver from computer manufacture)
- Try different USB port

Please let me know how it go.

Kind Regards
Rui
2:56 PM, 9 Jun 2014
Kenneth Christensen attached a file: VID_20140609_164223.mp4
Download· Permalink
Kenneth Christensen 3:03 PM - 9 June, 2014
Sry for the late response have been very busy. I checked I have the latest versions ofdrivers for USB controller and the only changes to BIOS is win 8 related so shouldn't do anything. And can't really see that being the problem it works just fine in Serato 1.3.

Now i just tried updating to 1.6.3 today and it still has the same problem. connects fine, starts fine but after a short period the lights freezes in the position they are in. I have tried making a short video showing the problem. which i have attached.

It's a bit random how fast it freezes up though. but when i do a system restore and goes back to the 1.3 version it works just fine again.
DjTroyJax 3:42 PM - 14 September, 2015
I'm experiencing this same issue with the DDJ-SX2 running the latest Serato as of 9/14/15
iAndrew 4:00 PM - 17 September, 2015
Why can i not start a new topic on here ? it only lets me reply or ask for serato help request.

Anyway is it possible to adjust the backspin on my SX2 jog wheels?